Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Are you allowed to go in the restaurant in FL?  I thought they'd bring it out to you. 

Indiana is opening restaurants to 50 or 75% capacity this weekend.  I don't even know if I'd sit outside at one yet.  

• Love 1

Joe was happy that Joe Biden was leading in Michigan by a 16 % margin.

Joe said that Michigan voters knew that Biden was right about warning about the Coronavirus in January.

Willie said that Biden warned about a pandemic last fall.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

if she wears a potato sack with stockings and a garter belt, I just want her to read the fucking announcements without stammering

One of these is far far far more probable than the other.

• LOL 7

Good Lord! Our dynamic duo is just on fire. Mika got to spank Dorsey and now Joe is gunning for Zuck . Who'd a thunk a couple of D list news/celebs could take down all of social media from their breakfast nook in Florida?! I'm starting to understand why they have 2 cameras on themselves...their egos couldn't fit in one frame. Just what is their goal here? They both pimp their brands on those platforms.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Mika is excited about John Bolton's new book.  Bolton alleges that the president asked Chinese President Xi to help him win re-election.  NBC news obtained a secret advance copy of the book.  A production assistant read it and told Mika what it says.

Joe says that Trump was happy about concentration camps in China according to the book.

Joe is pro China on coronavirus but anti China when it comes to everything else.  What the fuck.

I'm hoping for a week of Morning Joe live from China.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'll say one good thing about John Bolton's book release, it shut Joe up about Facebook. 

He seems much more subdued today, wonder if TPTB told him it's okay to express concern about a subject, but screaming like a lunatic and shaking your fist at the sky is not really professional.

I LOL when he calls himself a "journalist", as in "Trump said he'd like to have us executed". Reading something and yelling about it doesn't make you a journalist. 

Joe you need to worry if he says he'd like to execute loudmouthed blowhards. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, Landsnark said:

I flipped to Morning Joe still with my eyes closed.  I was desperate to catch a few extra winks... anxiety makes it hard to sleep through the night... and Joe was SCREAMING.  I had the TV on really low and I thought what commercial is this?  And then I thought, oh lord, that's Joe legit bellowing.  He said something about rich people and Zuckerburg and shootings.
Was he standing?  What was Mika's face like?

I don't know if I like this particular persona he adopts.  Seems fake and modeled after Morton Downey Jr.

I just saw Joe's rant on Facebook. He was very upset at them for continuing to post about the death of his intern Lori. His rant was over the top & not professional. MSNBC should have a chat with him.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just saw on cnn.com that Facebook is taking down certain ads because they violate the policy against hate speech.  Because of Joe's rant. 

Facebook, you couldn't have done this 2 years ago? You had to wait til Doucheborough blew a gasket? 

You know he's going to be more unbearable than ever, right?  If that's even possible. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

You know he's going to be more unbearable than ever, right?  If that's even possible. 

OMG, he will be insufferable. But worse, Mika will be sitting there ever so smugly, with that smirk and her head nodding away. Cuz, you know, a win for him is a (co-opted) win for her...just like Bombo's chain-sawing is something she tries to make herself part of. Ugh.

I imagine he's furiously adding to his memoir or whatever that mystery book is he used to tease, to reflect this accomplishment...maybe he'll never actually get to publish it, what with all the world-altering feats, he, a simple country lawyer, has achieved. Certainly we'll get a song out of this. 

• Love 2

Yes MiKaren  will be cooing about her husband and how he is so righteous and passionate. 

Joe Scarborough Social Justice Warrior. He thinks he's  Edward R Murrow. More like Ron Burgundy 

Stay Classy San Diego.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mika and Joe want to wish everyone a happy Juneteenth.  Mika acted like she always celebrates Juneteenth.  Come on. I am sure that Mika just heard about Juneteenth this week. 

She is such a fake.

Someone needs to make a meme of Mikaren celebrates Juneteenth.

Joe is excited that Biden leads in two national polls.  

Jim Vanderhei is Zooming in from his mansion.  He comes off like a humble Wisconsin dude but, based on this house he's sitting in, he is a stealth badass who knows how to invest in real estate.  What do they pay at Axios?

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 4

Shawna Thomas is the only one willing to stray from the usual agenda.  She has real and reasonable advice for Joe Biden.

After a couple of minutes it's over. Maybe I just imagined it because we have to get back on the trump 2020 train. 

• Love 3

Just before the top of the hour we were treated to an overwrought Mika doing a dramatic reading of Joe's essay that was published today. Yikes! I was paying more attention to her emoting than the actual content.

• LOL 4

Well to say Joe's WAPO op ed was a little crazy is putting it mildly. 

While I agree with him on the subject, he just went over the top with analogies and should have not tried to be so clever. It reeked of smugness instead.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

It reeked of smugness instead.

Joe smug??!!  

Mrs. Smug is all over this shit

Joe decrying others for spreading misinformation is the joke of the month.  

• Love 1

8:55 am

Joe just announced that several "friends" of his asked him to look into the Facebook situation. 

Jesus Fucking Christ on a cracker.  These people have no shame.

And Mika's tweet about Mark Sheryl and Jack being vapid vulgarians spreading misinformation? 

• Love 4

"Vapid vulgarians?"   Sweet jesus, she's a nitwit.  She thinks she's F. Scott Fitzgerald dropping prose bombs, but she's a fucking nitwit.  Karen who married her boss and got giant fake boobs called the CEO of Twitter a vapid vulgarian from the sun deck of her Boca McMansion.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

8:55 am

And Mika's tweet about Mark Sheryl and Jack being vapid vulgarians spreading misinformation? 

Her calling anyone a Vapid Vulgarian is kind of like ... I know you are what what am I?.  Although Meeka is not a Vulgarian.  Vapid, Vacuous, yes.  But the phrase is a bit too clever for her to have thought of.  Wonder if Joe did?  Or one of her minions.

• LOL 4

The vitriol against Sheryl Sandberg is interesting. I wonder if she refused to lend her support to a KYV initiative and now Mika thinks she's extracting revenge.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I may be a little slow on the uptake but why did Joe take so long to excoriate Jack Dorsey (and the others to not be so obvious) for not taking the DJT's tweet about Lori Klausutis down when her widower requested it?

• Love 3
(edited)

Joe is upset that FB didn't take down 80,000 posts  that could have influenced the election.

Here are just a few things Joe said during the election

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281344-joe-scarborough-to-clinton-stop-lying

https://www.thewrap.com/clinton-foundation-inc-morning-joe-scarbarough-hillary-bill-emails-doug-band/

https://www.vox.com/2016/2/3/10909354/morning-joe-hillary-clinton-shouts-bob-woodward

And then of course here he is in March of this year 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

The vitriol against Sheryl Sandberg is interesting. I wonder if she refused to lend her support to a KYV initiative and now Mika thinks she's extracting revenge.

Mika used to host a show with her chickens & pigs on Facebook Live but it was cancelled when she moved to Florida.

She still uses Instagram which is owned by Facebook. 

I do recall Mika & Joe interviewing Sandberg a few years ago & they were polite to her.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika used to host a show with her chickens & pigs on Facebook Live but it was cancelled when she moved to Florida.

She still uses Instagram which is owned by Facebook. 

I do recall Mika & Joe interviewing Sandberg a few years ago & they were polite to her.

Mika is a hypocrite.  It is ok for Mika to use a website to make money but she wants to control others' use of such sites. 

Facebook is a crucial business resource for many people. Where does Mika get off telling people what they can read or write?  That is really offensive.  This attitude of hers goes back to her statement about the press telling people what they should think.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is a hypocrite.  It is ok for Mika to use a website to make money but she wants to control others' use of such sites. 

Facebook is a crucial business resource for many people. Where does Mika get off telling people what they can read or write?  That is really offensive.  This attitude of hers goes back to her statement about the press telling people what they should think.

Mika & Joe are upset that Twitter & Facebook allow people to criticize them for their past support of Harvey Weinstein , President Trump & Joe's strong support for GOP policies. The criticism has reduced their credibility & their opportunity to rebrand themselves as potential leaders of the #Metoo  & Black Lives Matter movements.

Mika struggled working for a man who offered a co hosting job on a cable tv show without knowing her. She later received large amounts of money in bonus payments that she wasn't entitled to from this man.

The man went on to write & sing love songs about her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm thinking if a man deposited that amount of money in my bank account he's expecting more from me than just reading news copy. 

But yeah Sheryl and Mark and Jack are the vulgarians. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

But yeah Sheryl and Mark and Jack are the vulgarians. 

Good news!  There is no limit on vulgarians - they can all be vulgarians and so can Mika!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are upset that Twitter & Facebook allow people to criticize them for their past support of Harvey Weinstein , President Trump & Joe's strong support for GOP policies. ]

I think people give them way too much agency/analytic insight with these kinds of analyses. They were never opinion leaders: they've always been simple country weather vanes. IE the weathermen who finally went on TV and said "holy s...there's a storm"... even though they did not, in any way, predict it....They are, collectively, the average-man-on-the-street personified in glorious upper middle class coupledom. They were Meh about Weinstein, Bemused by Trump, definitely unreflecting where they should have been a lot more critical. Joe was supportive of GOP policies, Mika never was. For both of them, everything they've ever said or done in public life is explicable in terms of social psychology, socio-economic class, or a very specific historical context. 

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure this has already been said but they're BOTH the Peter Principle personified. Joe should be running his own dull primetime show on some boring channel and Mika should be reading news locally and happily interviewing women giving birth in taxis, high school basketball teams unexpectedly winning stuff and, you know, resolving local library fine scandals. I like them both enough to say they are both monumentally in over their heads. I respect them both as invidivduals and human beings and I'd like to keep them as morning coffee buddies but not as opinion-leaders, if that makes sense.

• Love 6
(edited)

This morning I turned on my TV, and the first thing that I heard was Mika mispronouncing the Senate’s “blue slip” practice as the “blue chip” practice. I just can’t with any of this today.
Mika, you have one job and it’s not that hard. Get a pair of glasses and just read.

It’s good to see Heilman. Room Rater has Heilman and Steve Schmidt in a pitched battle for the best background. They’re selling shirts and everything.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

No Korean baseball games this morning, so I decided to check out the show for the first time in a while.

I'd forgotten how bad Mika is at her job. How on earth did she manage to mispronounce "Oklahoma"? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Mika is hosting with Willie.  Joe is nowhere to be found.  If Joe doesn't care to show up, it screams, " I don't care."  He shouldn't get paid millions for a part-time job.

The president is going to have a rally in Phoenix.  Mika said the president is spreading coronavirus at his rallies.  She is very concerned.  She's doing the whiny voice, sad face, etc. 

Jonathan Lemire joined from the White House look lawn.  He will fly to Arizona with the president today.

WaPo Eugene said that the president is deflated.

Mika said that people will be "stuffed" together at the arena.  Mika said he traumatized his staff. 

Mika's strident  lecturing is a nice way to start the day.  Rise and Shine!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Mika even bungled the way she announced that Joe has the day off today. Instead of saying, “So-and-So and So-and-So are here along with Willie and me. Joe has the day off today,” she said, “So-and-So and So-and-So are here. Along with Willie and me, Joe has the day off today.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The little bit I saw MiKaren was so obnoxious, with her screaming at Kasie about the virus and whatever else she was saying it was at such a high pitch I think only my dog heard it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

NittanyCougar..."Stuffed" together.  Sweet Jesus - this is something a high-school cheerleader would say (no insult to high school cheerleaders).  She should have somehow fit "like sardines" in but she has probably never heard that term.  Her vapidity, vanity and clueless-ness give me a breath of life.  I so needed these posts this morning.  Thanks!!  I do kind of envy her self-absorption, though.  

• Love 6
On 6/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, Eliot said:

It’s good to see Heilman. Room Rater has Heilman and Steve Schmidt in a pitched battle for the best background. They’re selling shirts and everything.

I bought one! The profits go to helping the Navajo Nation get face masks, etc. I was completely torn between Heilman's shirt and Schmidt's shirt. There's also a Claire McCaskill shirt and even a late entry for Jonathan Capehart. I ultimately chose Schmidt's, although I was disappointed that it didn't have a pineapple.

Back to the show . . . I always hear snippets of it in the morning, because I generally wake up, put on First Look and go back to sleep. The only thing I've noticed in these random awakenings is that Mika's eye makeup looks different. Deep, I know.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Imagine being her children! They and her former husband must have been thrilled when she got the a.m. gig.

Mika did write in her first book that her family was very happy when she started working full time again. Mika used to stay at home & give unsolicited advice to every member of her family. Mika also joined the PTA and tried to reorganize the local school board & change the state curriculum. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Joe is back, but he looks like he doesn't want to be there.

A national NY Times poll of 1300 voters shows Joe Biden ahead of the president by 14 points.

Joe pointed out that US elections are not national; they are by state.  Joe said the polls were wrong in 2016.

Joe said Trump is incapable of adjusting his campaign.

Jim Vanderhei named a bunch of states where Biden leads Trump.  Jim has some atrocious bird paintings on the wall in his mansion.  I'm gonna head over to rate my skype room and see if anyone mentioned it.

Joe and Mika seem bored and over this show.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Jim VanderHei's Morning Joe Skype palace is here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ratemyskyperoom/status/1273930058147811328

I caught a part of his segment this morning when I turned on the TV before I got a shower. Clearly, he and Steve Schmidt have quite lucrative careers. 

By the time I got out of the bathroom to turn the TV off in the bedroom at 7:00, I was met with a WALL of talking heads! My god...there had to be like 10 faces crowding the screen! I am seriously over the Zoom-style nonsense of these shows. There was no way they needed all those people's faces on the screen at the same time. Other than Bloviating Joe, everyone else was just staring straight ahead like people you'd see in hostage videos.

Granted, I haven't watched Show all that much in awhile.  But is it me or is it just flatter than a pancake?  Same guests, same lectures; seems no one is making an effort.  The only time it livens up a bit is if John Heileman or Steve Schmidt shows up.  And I don't know if he comes on all that much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Mika got a new top! Sadly, she couldn't resist covering it with the dowdy black sweater.

Agree re: the sea of bored faces on the screen. Makes me stop listening and just concentrate on their facial expressions and any hint of their lives beyond the camera.  

Edited by plumbago blues
Oops. Extraneous wording removed.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Mika got a new top! Sadly, she couldn't resist from covering it with the dowdy black sweater.

I was laying in the bath this AM squinting at the show on my cell and I was thinking about Mika and her sweaters.  Yeah, they're dowdy, but I'd rather see that then what I call "The Fox Look"--every woman (and also Kayleeeeiiiiigh, Trump's new mouthpiece) wears a sleeveless sheath dress.  So I'm not complainin'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4