Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I watched TV for about four hours before MJ started, never changed the volume during that time and had to grab the remote as soon as Joey started running his yap. And FFS Scoop was the same way,

They are mistaking volume for reasoned and concise commentary. They both LOVE the sound of their own voices and this morning Scoop IS NOT standing aside.

Perry Mason, here I come. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Firing of IG Michael Atkinson,  firing the Navel commander and the list goes on. Hasn't everybody gotten the memo by now? Up is down.  The sky is green. 

Anybody who watches TV sees dozens of drugs advertised everyday.  The side effects that are rattled off sometimes sound worse than the actual medical condition they're supposed to treat. 

But WTH. What have you got to lose?

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 5
(edited)

Honestly  I'm 100% in agreement with Mika and Joe  about these "press conferences ". Stop showing them! (although I've never watched one only seen the clips).

And don't think the treatment of Dr Fauci and CNN's Jeremy Diamond was let to slide by Wolf Blitzer. I happened to turn on CNN last night just as Wolf was berating the incident and calling it outrageous. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Poor Jonathan Lemire, waiting for a turn to talk.

Four minutes, twenty six seconds. I timed it on the re-run. Before starting his answer, Jonathon took a deep breath and paused as if to say, "That it Joe? You finally done? Can I talk now?" (Johnathan also sounded pissed that the White House surprised him with that Sunday night presser.)

53 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Firing of IG Michael Atkinson,  firing the Navel commander and the list goes on. Hasn't everybody gotten the memo by now? Up is down.  The sky is green. 

Sounds like the HHS IG might be next in line.

3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

This stay at home thing will be THE test of the JoMika marriage.  Can you imagine being cooped up with those two?  

Joe, Mika & Bamba would be a great sitcom. They could have "wacky neighbors" such as Donny Deutsh & Jon Meacham.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I love it when Joe admits that he has been skewered by his comments from last week. It proves how thin skinned he is.  He had to take Friday off to recuperate from reading the critiques of his "everyone saw Covid 19 coming".

Joe never bothers to replay his own comments on Coronavirus. He knows he is wrong but won't admit it.

Joe should sign a pledge that he will not take HydroCholoroquine if he tests positive for the virus.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe attacked Cheetoh eating basement dwellers for complaining about him on twitter.

He told them to stop wearing underwear.

Mika said she would never allow Cheetohs in her house.

I would love to send Joe some Cheetohs. I love Cheetos.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe attacked Cheetoh eating basement dwellers for complaining about him on twitter.

Says the guy who works from his basement.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe, Mika & Bamba would be a great sitcom. They could have "wacky neighbors" such as Donny Deutsh & Jon Meacham.

I think that is what we are watching    This show is pretty much sitting around the fire pit w average neighbors, a case of Bud Light and some nachos. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

I think that is what we are watching    This show is pretty much sitting around the fire pit w average neighbors, a case of Bud Light and some nachos. 

True, but I would love to see Bamba on the show. It would be hilarious to have her comments on Mika & Joe on tv live. Joe would be afraid to disagree with  Bamba & Mika would get very emotional when her mom brings up her shortcoming on tv.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joe thinks the only way to combat coronavirus is testing.  He launched into a verbal vomit lecture about coronavirus testing.

He says most Americans don't believe the president.  Joe says that Biden is leading Trump in Florida now.

One of the producers needs to control Joe and try to get him to express one complete thought before he goes to the next one.  He acts like he has ADHD.

Katty Kay had her face tweaked.  She looks like Renee Zelwegger now.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
(edited)

Keir Simmons joined from London, where Prime Minister Boris Johnson is hospitalized.  He keeps pointing to the hospital, St. Thomas, in dramatic fashion.  Keir likes to point and yell.  Keir claims that Johnson's cabinet is stunned, but the politician he interviewed acted pretty normal.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Joe's a whirling dervish this morning. It's making me dizzy.

Meacham, thank you for finally shutting down the whole Pearl Harbor - 9/11 comparisons.  How the hell is this comparable?

And yeah so today Peter Navarro is the hero. I turned off MJ yesterday just in time to see a live interview with him on CNN with John Berman. It was positively wackadoodle. 😯

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, oakville said:

True, but I would love to see Bamba on the show. It would be hilarious to have her comments on Mika & Joe on tv live. Joe would be afraid to disagree with  Bamba & Mika would get very emotional when her mom brings up her shortcoming on tv.

Hehehe.  It could be like ESPN's "Highly Questionable".  Actually that would be a better name for this show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Whenever Mika introduces a female guest, I can tell, strictly from the tone of her voice, if they have been KYVed. You can actually hear the excitement in her voice because she gets to KYV!!!

• LOL 3
45 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Whenever Mika introduces a female guest, I can tell, strictly from the tone of her voice, if they have been KYVed. You can actually hear the excitement in her voice because she gets to KYV!!!

She is appallingly thirsty.

Either she didn't get or decided to disregard the memo advising that being avaricious* is not an admirable trait. 

*Having or showing an extreme greed for wealth or material gain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, suomi said:

Either she didn't get or decided to disregard the memo advising that being avaricious* is not an admirable trait. 

*Having or showing an extreme greed for wealth or material gain.

Why else would she be with Joe? 

That was nothing more than "this man is paying attention to me, he is powerful at MSNBC and has a lot of money, and hooking up with him gives me power, and I can get him to make the network give me a platform that makes it appear I'm helping women, when all I'm really doing is whining about my shortcomings and bitching that people have been mean to me. 

The cons are he's an idiot,  and a liar, he's rude to me,  controlling,  our political views are 180 degrees apart, he's an egotistical asshole who thinks he's a cross between Paul McCartney and Edward R Murrow, and he cheats on his wives. 

Let's do this!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Mika should ask Katty Kay why she didn't display her KYV books from her home library.

I am surprised that Joe didn't complain about NY & Michigan allowing the use of Hydroxychloriquine medication to treat patients with Coronavirus.

Luce made fun Dominique Raab. He said that everyone wants Johnson to recover , so that raab doesn't takeover the UK. Luce said that Raab was a failure as a Brexit Secretary.

It's fun when Joe promotes his tweets.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Why else would she be with Joe? 

That was nothing more than "this man is paying attention to me, he is powerful at MSNBC and has a lot of money, and hooking up with him gives me power, and I can get him to make the network give me a platform that makes it appear I'm helping women, when all I'm really doing is whining about my shortcomings and bitching that people have been mean to me. 

The cons are he's an idiot,  and a liar, he's rude to me,  controlling,  our political views are 180 degrees apart, he's an egotistical asshole who thinks he's a cross between Paul McCartney and Edward R Murrow, and he cheats on his wives. 

Let's do this!! 

This post is a thing of pure, absolute beauty.   There should be a reward for something this perfect.   🏆

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe thinks the only way to combat coronavirus is testing.  He launched into a verbal vomit lecture about coronavirus testing.

He says most Americans don't believe the president.  Joe says that Biden is leading Trump in Florida now.

One of the producers needs to control Joe and try to get him to express one complete thought before he goes to the next one.  He acts like he has ADHD.

Katty Kay had her face tweaked.  She looks like Renee Zelwegger now.

Did he explain how the testing is helpful?  I'm curious.  I've been trying to figure out how that works. I haven't really read where someone explains it.  I'm not kidding. I'm talking about mass testing and not testing of people with symptoms who are entering into hospital or working in healthcare or essential services. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did he explain how the testing is helpful?  I'm curious.  I've been trying to figure out how that works. I haven't really read where someone explains it.  I'm not kidding. I'm talking about mass testing and not testing of people with symptoms who are entering into hospital or working in healthcare or essential services. 

The theory is that mass testing will allow health officials  to determine if there are people that don't have symptoms of the virus, yet test positive. They can spread the virus without knowing it. It would be ideal if they were quarantined. 

• Love 6

Joe also complained about the lack of testing of cable tv hosts.

Joe was upset that Chris Cuomo from CNN got a test despite his show having lower ratings than Morning Joe.

Joe said there was a clause in his contract that would allow him to get a bonus if he was working during a national emergency.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, oakville said:

The theory is that mass testing will allow health officials  to determine if there are people that don't have symptoms of the virus, yet test positive. They can spread the virus without knowing it. It would be ideal if they were quarantined. 

And then they could be the ONLY ones quarantined and the economy could restart. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yes. It doesn't make sense to quarantine the entire population.

It pains me to say that Joey is right but for the optimal outcome there has to be either  across-the-board testing or universal quarantine. There is no middle ground.

For the want of a nail the shoe was lost
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost
For the want of a horse the rider was lost
For the want of a rider the battle was lost
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Joe is upset that the Wisconsin primary was held yesterday.  He said that the Republicans jammed the election through.

Willie says it is a total travesty that people had to vote during a pandemic.

Mika is staring into the camera and barely seems to be following.  Mika said we have to " look at the big picture." Insightful, Mika.

Joe reminded Jim Van der Hyde that there is a pandemic in Wisconsin.  Apparently that is Jim's home state which Joe keeps telling Jim.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Joe ranted about mail-in voting.  Joe pointed out that the president voted by mail as an absentee voter in Florida. Joe said the president wants to stop Black people from voting.

The problem with this discussion is that different states have different procedures, and Joe acts like there is one voting rule for all states. For example some states have no early voting and some states only allow mail voting if you live out of state.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
(edited)

Holy crap is Joe shouty this morning. And apparently he also wants to be THE network executive making decisions about covering the presidents briefings.

Does anyone know who was the MSNBC anchor after yesterday's briefing? Because Joe definitely took a shot at them.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

Joe and Mike seem to be panicking.   Joe went completely off the rails with his full-throated shouty rant.   It was scary.   Mika looks shell-shocked this morning.   Then Joe was saying something about it being much much longer to return to anything resembling 'normal' again, and Mika muttered, "If ever..."    She is NOT helping us to calm our fears out here.   That comment was not what we want to hear.   I, for one, need a little bit of hope to keep going.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Joe and Mike seem to be panicking.   Joe went completely off the rails with his full-throated shouty rant.   It was scary.   Mika looks shell-shocked this morning.   Then Joe was saying something about it being much much longer to return to anything resembling 'normal' again, and Mika muttered, "If ever..."    She is NOT helping us to calm our fears out here.   That comment was not what we want to hear.   I, for one, need a little bit of hope to keep going.

We have 3 people in my home "furloughed" bc of this situation so obviously we are paying close attention to what local officials, Governors and Trump/Fauci and co. are saying about possible next steps.  Willie just flat out lied that Fauci said he couldn't see schools opening in the fall.   Fauci said. "I fully expect — though I'm humble enough to know that I can't accurately predict — that by the time we get to the fall, that we will have this under control enough that it certainly will not be the way it is now, where people are shutting schools. My optimistic side tells me that we'll be able to renew, to a certain extent — but it's going to be different, remember now, because this is not going to disappear...Bottom line is no absolute prediction, but I think we're going to be in good shape"

Not sure why Joe/Mika/Willie have to push worst case scenarios, especially when experts aren't even going there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

There should be a reward for something this perfect.   🏆

The reward would be Mika announcing "I know I made a terrible mistake. I hurt my ex husband, my daughters and my family, all because of my lust for attention and power.  I have never been good at working in television, it's the reason I'm so miserable. I've tried to make myself into something I'm not. I sold my soul to the Devil.  I will not be returning to the show, and I pray some day my family forgives me". 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

The problem with this discussion is that different states have different procedures, and Joe acts like there is one voting rule for all states. For example some states have no early voting and some states only allow mail voting if you live out of state.

But if all states would have mail in voting, even if you live there, we wouldn't have to worry about getting poll workers, setting up sites, etc.  It would save $ in the long run and be more efficient, no one taking off work if they can't afford it, standing in bad weather for hours, no matter how much Joe romanticizes women standing in the rain, it's not really that glamorous. 

2 hours ago, neece26 said:

Not sure why Joe/Mika/Willie have to push worst case scenarios, especially when experts aren't even going there.

Because in tv, if it bleeds it leads. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Janis Mackey is in Beijing. She said things are better in Wuhan now.  People are allowed in and out and  flights are now allowed.  Joe seems glad that he can go to Wuhan. 

I am willing to chip in $$$ to send Joe to Wuhan.  Who's with me?  It will be a one way ticket, no camera crew (don't want to risk their health), no protective gear, a special tour arranged just for him during which he tours all the medical facilities (again with no protective gear).  I am just trying to help Joe reach his dream of touring Wuhan.  I will let him go to the zoo and see the pandas, from a distance, of course.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

This is very true. Joe was excited a few weeks ago when the Imperial College predicted up to 2.2 million Americans would die. Joe is downplaying the latest projections that show less than 100 thousand will die.

I find it very depressing to watch Morning Joe these days, so I avoid it till the afternoon or evening.

It looked like Mika was going to cry during the opening segment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

This is very true. Joe was excited a few weeks ago when the Imperial College predicted up to 2.2 million Americans would die. Joe is downplaying the latest projections that show less than 100 thousand will die.

Yes. For all of his doomsaying and lecturing us to follow the science, he doesn't acknowledge the fact that social distancing and the heroic efforts of our health care providers appears to have had a positive effect. 

It's still going to be really bad and scary and there is a long road ahead, but they should get beyond the hysteria stage.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

But if all states would have mail in voting, even if you live there, we wouldn't have to worry about getting poll workers, setting up sites, etc.  It would save $ in the long run and be more efficient, no one taking off work if they can't afford it, standing in bad weather for hours, no matter how much Joe romanticizes women standing in the rain, it's not really that glamorous. 

I agree with this, but my problem is Joe's oversimplification.  I don't think the US government can force states to allow voting by mail since states administer the elections. Even on a presidential election day, there is a significant state component, since local and state races are on the ballot.  

I have lived in three states and DC, and there are differences in each as far as ballots, poll hours, and rules for absentee voting.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, xaxat said:

Yes. For all of his doomsaying and lecturing us to follow the science, he doesn't acknowledge the fact that social distancing and the heroic efforts of our health care providers appears to have had a positive effect. 

It's still going to be really bad and scary and there is a long road ahead, but they should get beyond the hysteria stage.

It's sad that Mika & Joe haven't acknowledged these efforts by healthcare workers etc.

It doesn't appear that Mika & Joe have offered to contribute to any charities that are helping people suffering from the Coronavirus epidemic.

Mika did say a few weeks ago that she would offer a 10% discount to future attendees of her KYV seminar if they paid upfront & didn't ask for a refund.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika did say a few weeks ago that she would offer a 10% discount to future attendees of her KYV seminar if they paid upfront & didn't ask for a refund.

Oakville....you are joking, aren't you?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, neece26 said:

We have 3 people in my home "furloughed" bc of this situation so obviously we are paying close attention to what local officials, Governors and Trump/Fauci and co. are saying about possible next steps.  Willie just flat out lied that Fauci said he couldn't see schools opening in the fall.   Fauci said. "I fully expect — though I'm humble enough to know that I can't accurately predict — that by the time we get to the fall, that we will have this under control enough that it certainly will not be the way it is now, where people are shutting schools. My optimistic side tells me that we'll be able to renew, to a certain extent — but it's going to be different, remember now, because this is not going to disappear...Bottom line is no absolute prediction, but I think we're going to be in good shape"

FWIW, I teach at a college now these days and we are being told to prepare for continued remote instruction for the fall semester.

And wow! I haven’t turned the show on in ages, so that clip someone posted is the first time I’ve seen Mika for awhile. She looks totally different. (She also lied when she said she was stopping with the fillers, huh, lol...)

• Love 4
(edited)

The top story is that hospitalizations from coronavirus are declining in New York.  Dr. Fauci says that social distancing must continue.

Joe claims that medical professionals have personally "told me (Joe)" that we have 10 times more cases than reported.  Joe says that we therefore actually have 4 million cases according to his own calculation of the unknown cases.

So Joe is allowed to make up his own statistics.

Jonathan Lemire has a news story today that Trump is looking for people to blame for the coronavirus pandemic.  He said Trump is blaming the World Health Organization and governors.

Joe said a pandemic does not care about the Art of the Deal. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
(edited)

Joe praised Governor Inslee and Governor Newsome for their actions on coronavirus.

Joe claims that the coronavirus cases in New York came from Europe and not China.  Does Joe realize that many cases in Italy came from China?  He acts like Europe exists in a vaccuum.  The New York Times did a story about this in March.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4