Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Nicolle is not getting the daily blow outs like she used to.

Well, someone blew it out on Nicole's show yesterday afternoon.  As someone was speaking, someone off camera had on a hot mic.  Big flush.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I actually find Joe and Meeks' collective hysteria somewhat calming.  Weird, I know.  But they're so OTT and screechy that it makes me feel less anxious because I just feel like they're doing too damn much.  So, after 20-30 minutes, I'm like "too dramatic; time for me to switch to reality TV or sitcoms until I get up to make my coffee", LOL.  I can get reasoned news information on my local channel at noon - and my weather forecast!

• Love 8

I call bullshit. I think they both got hair cuts and color jobs and I bet that hair and makeup guy she's always promoting on her platforms did it. I see that they tried to legitimize their neighbor/cocktail companion Dr. Dave by making him wear his official white real-doctor coat. Too bad he's a spine doctor (not that there's anything wrong with that but most shows are able to find ER/Infectious Disease docs) and is still Dr. Dave. Sigh.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I call bullshit. I think they both got hair cuts and color jobs and I bet that hair and makeup guy she's always promoting on her platforms did it. I see that they tried to legitimize their neighbor/cocktail companion Dr. Dave by making him wear his official white real-doctor coat. Too bad he's a spine doctor (not that there's anything wrong with that but most shows are able to find ER/Infectious Disease docs) and is still Dr. Dave. Sigh.

If Mika & Joe were still on good terms with President Trump, they could host the show from Mar A Largo.

It would also be nice if Mika & Joe could host the show from their porch with Bamba as a special guest. Bamba would be very direct with her critiques of Mika & Joe.

It's too bad that Dr Z passed away a few year ago. He would be an interesting guest during these times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I know that the show mentioned the virus at least as early as January 23rd. That was the day Chinese officials locked down Wuhan. I remember because I watched CNN interviewing Dr. Sanjay Gupta (who looked uncharacteristically anxious) and a reporter who was one of the last people to leave before the quarantine. 

Then I turned to Morning Joe to see Mika dismissively reading a WaPo headline about the quarantine and speculating that the story might be worth interviewing Dr. Dave.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Dr Dave said not to panic about the Coronavirus on Jan 27th . He wasn't wearing his medical jacket though.

This is rich. This FOS Dr. With No Last name is probably a nice guy but but being the go-to guy in a pandemic just reeks of cronyism and laziness. Kind of like having Donnie on the show for his insights on world affairs. Hard to believe a national show has this level of expert on regularly. Even the local news can find people actually in the field of the subject being discussed. As you can tell, this irks me! (We'll see if they keep him in his white jacket...maybe add a stethoscope around his neck next.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Mike Pence was interviewed yesterday on CNN and said that models show that the US coronavirus trajectory could be similar to Italy's. 

Joe said that the lockdown in Washington State made a difference. 

Joe said that the President called Gov. Ron DeSantis after Joe said he should call.  Now Florida is on lockdown.  Joe is basically taking credit for lockdown measures in Florida.  He is suggesting there is a cause and effect relationship between what Joe said and what DeSantis did.

It is odd that Joe inserts himself in the story as if he is a change maker.  

Also, they showed video of DeSantis saying that he made the decision after the president extended the guidelines through April.  So it was not based on what you said on the show,  Joe.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Mika said DeSantis is weak and feckless but Gov Cuomo is strong. 

Jonathan showed a tweet of DiBlasio's, dated in March, where he encouraged people to go to restaurants.  

Mika is staring off on the side.  She seems out of it today.  She is reacting to everything about a minute too late. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
(edited)

There's only one bright spot in the first half hour of today's show. Jim VandeHei. 

It's refreshing to hear an intelligent voice instead all the screaming.

Re:  DeSantis.  What leadership!

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe said that the President called Gov. Ron DeSantis after Joe said he should call.  Now Florida is on lockdown.  Joe is basically taking credit for lockdown measures in Florida.  He is suggesting there is a cause and effect relationship between what Joe said and what DeSantis did.

He's reacting to the tickle that runs up his leg when he hankers to get back into an elected office. 

That, and his delusions of grandeur.

I think I've watched six hours of MJ since June, when I retired from politics so I could preserve what is left of my sanity. That King of Queens marathon is sounding better and better.

• LOL 5
(edited)

Joe's preachin'. Rev Al has to correct him.  LOL

Sometimes Libertarian chair Nichols Sarwark weirdly makes sense and always throws in a humorous swipe at trump. 

The level of lunacy we've reached.  Dr Fauci (after being on the job since 1984) now has Federal Marshals security protection  😕

Edited by tres bien
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

This is rich. This FOS Dr. With No Last name is probably a nice guy but but being the go-to guy in a pandemic just reeks of cronyism and laziness.

I feel the same way about the Palm Beach prosecutor. The show developed a really deep bench of former federal prosecutors during Mueller and impeachment and this is their go to legal expert? 

Plus, every time I see him, I'm reminded that his highest profile case, the Robert Kraft prostitution case, totally fell apart.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

This is rich. This FOS Dr. With No Last name is probably a nice guy but but being the go-to guy in a pandemic just reeks of cronyism and laziness. Kind of like having Donnie on the show for his insights on world affairs. Hard to believe a national show has this level of expert on regularly. Even the local news can find people actually in the field of the subject being discussed. As you can tell, this irks me! (We'll see if they keep him in his white jacket...maybe add a stethoscope around his neck next.)

MSNBC won't pay to have a top level medical expert

The show used to have  Dr Zeke Emmanuel & Dr Nancy Snyderman as regular medical experts.

Snyderman had to resign after breaking her quarantine during the Ebola virus to get takeout food. It was from a popular local restaurant that Joe liked.

Joe was furious with NBC for not paying the people that outed Dr Nancy & make them sign a non disclosure agreement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/business/media/nancy-snyderman-resigns-as-nbcs-chief-medical-editor.html

Joe liked Dr Nancy because she often agreed with Joe's opinions on medical issues.

Unfortunately, the show occasionally had to issue a statement that following Joe's medical advice could lead to numerous side effects including heartburn, nausea & temporary blindness.

Donnie Deutsh is on the show because he used to help convince advertisers to buy time on Morning Joe when the show started. He also use to buy expensive gifts for Mika when he appeared on the show. Mika would introduce him & ask him what did he bring her today.

She would squeal if he bought her Louboutins.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

It is odd that Joe inserts himself in the story as if he is a change maker.  

Also, they showed video of DeSantis saying that he made the decision after the president extended the guidelines through April.  So it was not based on what you said on the show,  Joe.

I knew Joe would brag about convincing De Santis to implement the stay at home order.

Joe has been playing up his role as a change maker since Morning Joe started.

Joe's arrival in Congress convinced Clinton to balance the budget  4 years in a row & led the revolt against Speaker Gingrich.

Joe said that he warned Clinton about Monica Lewinsky but he didn't listen to Joe .

Joe aid he recommended that Trump be impeached.

Joe is the hero that American has been looking for since the 1990's.

• LOL 6
(edited)

Your Nancy Snyderman-Zeke Emanuel-Donnie Deutsch post was a tasty one, oakville. I wanted it give it a Useful AND a Like. Those were the days, my friend.

I forgot about the Dr Nancy brouhaha, yeah, Joey was ticked!

Dr Zeke is one of the three famed Emanuel brothers.

Rahm was Obama's Chief of Staff for a couple years and Mayor of Chicago for a couple terms.

Ari is Joe and Ono's talent agent. Jeremy Piven's Ari Gold on Entourage is based on him. Gee, is that why Dr Zeke got the MJ gig?

Donnie. He had a huge crush on Mika that was sad to watch. He wanted to slip her a lot more than a pair of Louboutins but there were cameras everywhere so...

He usually oozes slime but I sorta felt sorry for him that morning. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Donnie. He had a huge crush on Mika that was sad to watch. He wanted to slip her a lot more than a pair of Louboutins but there were cameras everywhere so...

He usually oozes slime but I sorta felt sorry for him that morning. 

Do you remember this commercial for Morning Joe from 2011 Suomi ? The first part of it was filmed at Donnie's apartment in NY.

There is a deleted scene of Mika waking up next to Donnie in bed & acting shocked. Donnie had a smirk on his face.

Joe demanded that the scene be edited to show her waking up alone in bed.

I think Joe demanded that the scene be deleted because he didn't want Mika to be seen to be unfaithful to her husband.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, suomi said:

think I've watched six hours of MJ since June, when I retired from politics so I could preserve what is left of my sanity. That King of Queens marathon is sounding better and better.

I am SOOO thankful that there are so many great shows on now that I can load my dvr and not be tempted to watch this cluster fuck. 

Better Call Saul, Plot Against America, Westworld. And yeah I'll watch Everybody Loves Raymond over and over before I watch them. 

Mika has lost her fucking mind.  I had it on for a minute the other morning and she's screaming at someone about something.  Same shit different day.

She'll be laughing out the other side of her mouth now that she can't go anywhere and has to do all BeBop's grocery shopping and her hair starts looking like shit. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, oakville said:

Do you remember this commercial for Morning Joe from 2011 Suomi ? The first part of it was filmed at Donnie's apartment in NY.

There is a deleted scene of Mika waking up next to Donnie in bed & acting shocked. Donnie had a smirk on his face.

I think Joe demanded that the scene be deleted because he

Umm. . . what the hell was that?

I mean, it's not as batshit crazy as Tiger King, but it's close.

(Although I did laugh at Barnicle on the scooter.)

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, xaxat said:

We can take this to small talk, but is Tiger King worth it?

I heard on a podcast recap there are scenes of animal cruelty, and I'm out if so. Also, I am not really in the mood for dipshits.  Main reason I don't watch the JoMika Power Hour. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Umm. . . what the hell was that?

(Although I did laugh at Barnicle on the scooter.)

The idea  was that Mika was a strong woman who could get up early, make lunch for the kids, feed the dogs, exercise & get ready to start the show on time having being prepped with a newspaper while Willie & Joe were partying at night . Mika's KYV's philosophy of life was the result from this commercial.

• LOL 2

Mika is hosting by herself today.  Joe is probably still asleep.  It's been a hard week for Joe sitting in front of the camera and yelling.

The White House is expected to recommend masks for people who live in coronavirus hot spots.  Dr. Birx said the most important thing is social distancing.

The Washington Post doubts the models of coronavirus deaths.  

Mika seems more with it today.  Yesterday she was totally out of it and now she is doing a capable job of reading stories and teeing up the questions the producer gave her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Mika asked The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg about the timeline for a vaccine. 

How the hell would he know?  He is a journalist, not a researcher.  

Willie asked John Meacham how coronavirus is impacting Tennessee.  Meacham said people are taking it seriously because Dolly Parton and Tim McGraw told them to.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mika called on Trump to resign.  She blames Trump for the decisions of state officials.  

Hi Mika, ever heard of states rights?  The president cannot force a state to implement a federal program.  He can take away federal funding if the refuse to do something but he cannot force state officials to do federal action.  This has been litigated over and over.   She is such a simplistic dumbass.

In fairness Willie pointed out to Mika that there is an issue of states rights involved.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Seriously, where is Joe? He's not sick because this is the third Friday in a row he's missing. He's not traveling because nobody's traveling. He doesn't have an appointment because nobody has any appointments. He's not taking care of his kids because it's 6 a.m. and it's not like they have to get to school. If it's to catch up on sleep why do it on a Friday and not, say, a Wednesday?

WTF kind of time is this to take time off for no reason?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

6:40. Mika shows of clip of Jared Kushner talking about ventilators at yesterday's briefing. 

She shows disgust and makes snarky comments.  Yay Mika!

If was funny in a I'm sorry, are you ok? way.

I believe the trump should resign idea came from a former Obama official that was on yesterday's show.  Mika asked Jeffrey Goldberg to comment.  He wouldn't commit to that but basically said, this has been going on for 3 years, did you expect things to be handled differently now?

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, oakville said:

I think Joe demanded that the scene be deleted because he didn't want Mika to be seen to be unfaithful to her husband.

Oakvilleis that true about the deleted scene or are you joking? Either way, it's hilarious.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, neona said:

Seriously, where is Joe? He's not sick because this is the third Friday in a row he's missing. He's not traveling because nobody's traveling. He doesn't have an appointment because nobody has any appointments. He's not taking care of his kids because it's 6 a.m. and it's not like they have to get to school. If it's to catch up on sleep why do it on a Friday and not, say, a Wednesday?

WTF kind of time is this to take time off for no reason?

Exactly, Neona.  It doesn't help his credibility  at all.  He sits on TV talking about this terrible crisis but has something more important to do on Fridays.

I do find it curious that Mika is such an addled mess when Joe is there and is so much more focused when she is hosting alone.  

• Love 9

The deleted scene IIRC was the opening scene in an episode of Donny's short-lived sitcom. (Only six episodes). JoMika appeared in three episodes but that waking up scene disappeared after the first airing. I think it got deleted because some cracks about it on the show sent Joe through the roof. 

• Love 4

A little off topic but is Keir broadcasting from Bath this morning. It's been a while since I have been to the Sally Lunn tearoom but the facade looks just as I remember it. I know they said London but...

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, neona said:

If it's to catch up on sleep why do it on a Friday and not, say, a Wednesday?

Why would he need to catch up on his sleep? He works a fifteen hour week.

John Heilman thinks States Rights are the reason Republicans are reluctant to make voting easier? 

How cute!

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Hi Mika, ever heard of states rights?  The president cannot force a state to implement a federal program.  He can take away federal funding if the refuse to do something but he cannot force state officials to do federal action.  This has been litigated over and over.   She is such a simplistic dumbass.

In fairness Willie pointed out to Mika that there is an issue of states rights involved.

That’s true, but there’s also the fact that most of the resisting state governors are Trump supporters and his word carries quite a bit of weight with them. All the president has to do is call them up and tell them to implement stay at home orders and they will.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

WTF kind of time is this  take time off for no reason?

Joe is a busy person. He may be returning the phone calls to the many foreign leaders that call him requesting his opinions on key issues.

Joe is an expert on many topics & so he is dealing with an unprecedented amount of inquiries. Joe has to solve many problems using his vast knowledge acquired from being in Congress.

Joe has been advising Dr Fauci on communication strategies for his public appearances.

Joe is an expert on tone. Joe told Fauci to sound concerned about the virus.

There has been an outpouring of affection of affection for Joe's music. He is probably working on several songs about Covid-19.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, suomi said:

The deleted scene IIRC was the opening scene in an episode of Donny's short-lived sitcom. (Only six episodes). JoMika appeared in three episodes but that waking up scene disappeared after the first airing. I think it got deleted because some cracks about it on the show sent Joe through the roof. 

That's possible, but the sitcom aired in December 2015 & the Morning Joe commercial was filmed in 2011. Perhaps, they filmed the scene again ?

I remember seeing the scene with her waking up with Donny on You Tube.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

I remember seeing the scene with her waking up with Donny on You Tube.

Me too. Can't find it now. Donny's smirk was priceless. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

That’s true, but there’s also the fact that most of the resisting state governors are Trump supporters and his word carries quite a bit of weight with them. All the president has to do is call them up and tell them to implement stay at home orders and they will.

I agree.  My problem is how appallingly shallow and simplistic Mika is.  She lacks the ability to analyze with any depth or address competing considerations. She just blurts crap out. 

It is appalling when you consider her family background and educational opportunities.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

It is appalling when you consider her family background and educational opportunities.

Some people are just not bright, but they work hard and educate themselves. 

Mika just gave in to her lack of mental ability, and decided she'd use Dad's name and her "beauty" to get ahead. 

Lucky for her, Joe couldn't sleep one night twelve-thirteen years ago, Joe Scarborough couldn't sleep and turned on MSNBC at 3 am.

• Love 6

Good Lord, Mika!  Is it too much to ask that you learn how to pronounce the names of your guests when you have them on?  This morning she and others were interviewing Guy Fieri (chef, restaurant owner, Food Network Star) and twice referred to him as Guy Fietti (pronouncing his name as if there were T's in the spelling.)  I can't stand Fieri but is it too much to ask that if you have to interview him, learn how to pronounce his last name?  God, what an imbecile!

And I have to agree regarding Joe's absence for the third Friday in a row.  You can't go anywhere and even if there wasn't a pandemic, you still work from home.  What's your excuse?

• Love 6
On 4/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, oakville said:

Because we know Mika was never do that!!!   Lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Damaris56 said:

Good Lord, Mika!  Is it too much to ask that you learn how to pronounce the names of your guests when you have them on?  This morning she and others were interviewing Guy Fieri (chef, restaurant owner, Food Network Star) and twice referred to him as Guy Fietti (pronouncing his name as if there were T's in the spelling.)  I can't stand Fieri but is it too much to ask that if you have to interview him, learn how to pronounce his last name?  God, what an imbecile!

And I have to agree regarding Joe's absence for the third Friday in a row.  You can't go anywhere and even if there wasn't a pandemic, you still work from home.  What's your excuse?

I noticed that too, but I think they were actually trying to pronounce it the Italian way. Willie said it the same way.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Damaris56 said:

This morning she and others were interviewing Guy Fieri (chef, restaurant owner, Food Network Star) and twice referred to him as Guy Fietti (pronouncing his name as if there were T's in the spelling.)

That's actually how he pronounces his name. With a soft rolled r. 

I was surprised she got it right.

• Love 5
(edited)

Joe decided to drag his ass out of bed.  Mika is making bitchy faces and acting tired.  

Joe said Peter Navarro is a hack, and he has been exposed.

Joe wishes the networks would stop running the president's press conferences.  Take it up with your own network, Joe.  If you have no influence with MSNBC, why would the other networks listen to you?

Mika and Joe are upset that Dr. Fauci did not speak at the press conference   Mika is disgusted   She said the president "riffed illiterally."  She should know after being around Joe.

Joe repeated his assertion that everyone saw this coming.  As proof, he cited a Washington Post article from yesterday. 

Joe is mad that people pointed out that he never said anything about the virus in January. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Right out of the box this morning. Mika wouldn't let Joe interrupt and when he started reacting negatively they cut to stills of DJT. Now, I think Meeks is making faces as Joe takes over because they are cutting to more stills.

Quarantine seems to be wearing on them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Mika seems excited that 200,000 people could die. Mika is pissed that Dr. Birx had to prepare a presentation for the president.  Mika is worried that the president wasted Dr. Birx's time.  So now Mika is the time management critic.  OK.

• Love 5

Aside from wasting Dr. Birx' time, I am more worried about wasting Dr. Fauci's energy. Last weekend during one of the long "press conferences" I had my eye on him hoping he wouldn't faint or collapse.

Why don't more commentators mention that the possibility of NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS of a medication factor into the equation?  Talk about the cure being worse than the condition.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5