Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is upset at McConnell for supporting a $500 billion slush fund for corporate bailouts.

Why?

I actually thought Libertarian chair Nichols Sarwark sounded quite reasonable this morning. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Why?

I actually thought Libertarian chair Nichols Sarwark sounded quite reasonable this morning. 

This was in the segment before that interview. Joe said that Mnuchin can't give out bailouts to cruise lines not registered n the USA & friends of Trump.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is upset that there are no COVID tests.  Nothing is happening according to her. Honestly Mika looks checked out, like she's on her own planet.

There are COVID tests, Mika, Just not enough. Lilly is testing health care workers starting this week in a drive thru set up.  Roche is sending out 400,000 tests every week starting today. 

She really needs to just stop doing the show.  People like her are causing more panic.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

This was in the segment before that interview. Joe said that Mnuchin can't give out bailouts to cruise lines not registered n the USA & friends of Trump.

Yeah I heard that too. It's just that I don't why Joe has to state the obvious. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She really needs to just stop doing the show.  People like her are causing more panic.

This. She has pic's on her instagram (I think) being all stoic and strong and staying a safe distance from Bomba...somehow I thought her mother lived with them...but she says she visits her everyday, refraining from close contact. She was taking her mother a giant canister of wipes, the likes of which no one in south Texas has seen in months, and of course, Mika being Mika, a bottle of wine. On topic: she does need to remove herself from the show because the gloom and doom reports she tries to read just do her in. Two totally different persona's. She needs to get off of the screen and stick to (pretend) caregiving and showing off her fab life of privilege to her groupies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, tres bien said:

Yeah I heard that too. It's just that I don't why Joe has to state the obvious. 

Joe loves to state the obvious.

It's clear to me that Mika & Joe aren't skilled enough to comment on the Coronavirus epidemic in a serious & informative manner without trying to scare viewers.

Joe's prediction of 2 million deaths before the election & Mika's crying voice are too pessimistic.

I do appreciate that Joe allowed Dr Zeke Emmanuel to appear on the show again. I like him more than Dr Dave.

He provided useful information about why Senator Rand Paul was foolish to attend meetings or use the Capitol gym while waiting for his test results.

• Love 5

I also enjoy watching the segments with all the reporters in their homes with the book shelf backdrops. It's fun to see what books they own.

It would be nice to see Mika & Joe's library. Joe probably has a shelf devoted to music & hair care.

• LOL 11

I think Show lets Dr. Zeke Emmanuel on, not because he is brilliant (which he is) but because his brother is Joe and Meeka's agent.  From what I have heard/seen of him over the last years (perhaps starting with Obama) he is brilliant and a straight shooter.  And we certainly cannot have that on MJ; Joe likes to think of himself as the Original Straight Shooter.  Yes, I would like to see the bookshelves of The Twins.  I would bet that Meeka is not well-read; Joe may be a bit better.  I think Joe does read the papers; and envies the regular print reporters who make appearances on MJ.  Perhaps they have a copy of the Kama Sutra by the bed.  Meeks may have read it...it is basically a picture book.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I think Show lets Dr. Zeke Emmanuel on, not because he is brilliant (which he is) but because his brother is Joe and Meeka's agent.  From what I have heard/seen of him over the last years (perhaps starting with Obama) he is brilliant and a straight shooter. 

That's correct. His other brother is Rahm Emmanuel who used to come on the show and argue with Joe. Dr Zeke used to be the regular medical expert on the show during the Obama administration. He wasn't on the show for several years until recently.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

This. She has pic's on her instagram (I think) being all stoic and strong and staying a safe distance from Bomba...somehow I thought her mother lived with them...but she says she visits her everyday, refraining from close contact. 

I used to think that maybe she lived with Mika and Joe, but in bed of her KYV stories, Mika mentioned that her Mom lived in a house nearby. Can you imagine Joe and Mika’s Mom living under the same roof?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Mika is excited to read that coronavirus is spreading faster.  The headline says Trump wants to end social distancing as the virus spreads. 

Do Joe and Mika realize that the president cannot reopen local schools?  In DC, Maryland, and Virginia schools are closed for the rest of the year.  It is not going to change because the decision is by LOCAL OFFICIALS.  Fucking morons.

Mika and Joe disagreed about the meaning of Trump's comments.  He got pretty testy with her.  Joe said that Trump does not literally mean to reopen everything right away. 

Joe tried to get Jonathan Lemire to agree with his point of view that the president does not mean that businesses should reopen right away.

It really seem like they are guessing and reaching for something to fight about. As long as schools are closed, a lot of people have to stay home with their children.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

6:35 Hans Nichols shows up in front of a dark WH and gives us the happy news of the day.

Hans reports that we finally have something to look forward to. No daily news briefing! A FOX town hall!

Lemire says trump is frustrated that he can't do all the things he loves to do. ☹

I was very close to punching Rattner in the face. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, cased said:

Can you imagine Joe and Mika’s Mom living under the same roof?

I can't even image Joe and Mika living together.   Makes me go "eeew".   

They both broadcast (I use that term loosely) from their place in FL, right?   Why can't they be at the same desk???   Why does the show try to make it look as if they each were in some far-slung exotic location.    If they were seated next to one another, it would at least add some semblance of the old panel, where everyone was at the same table.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I can't even image Joe and Mika living together.   Makes me go "eeew".   

They both broadcast (I use that term loosely) from their place in FL, right?   Why can't they be at the same desk???   Why does the show try to make it look as if they each were in some far-slung exotic location.    If they were seated next to one another, it would at least add some semblance of the old panel, where everyone was at the same table.

I think Mika & Joe are in the same room. They do a big desk that they used to have to show that they were working together. They do want to show that they being prudent by social distancing from each other.

• LOL 4

Joe wants Trump to take care of the health care crisis first.

Joe is excited about the traffic increasing in Wuhan.

Joe said it was important to end the healthcare crisis by the election.

Kasie was upset that an NBC colleague died. She said the Coronavirus is starting to affect members of the House & Senate.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

They do want to show that they being prudent by social distancing from each other.

They've done this forever, though.  Before corona.  It makes no sense to have an extra camera and whatever else is needed for two different sets.   They live under the same roof (I assume) so it would make no difference if they sat next to each other.   It's just another example of the oddity that is JoMika. 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika and Joe disagreed about the meaning of Trump's comments.  He got pretty testy with her.

Now he knows how we feel. Testy must be code for "you big dummy, Mika." I remember when they were both in the same camera shot in the early days of the breakfast nook broadcast. I bet they changed to a split screen so Mika could play with her phone and scribble while Joe talks without all of us observing her distinct lack of value. She's probably dying to surround herself  with her collection of KYV books now that bookshelves are a thing on the remote shots. Maybe Joe won't let her...has his book come out yet?

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

She's probably dying to surround herself  with her collection of KYV books now that bookshelves are a thing on the remote shots. Maybe Joe won't let her...has his book come out yet?

Joe's book launch was delayed by a year.

Mika decided to publish one of her KYV books in his place.

• LOL 4

Joe said that the president has dismissed the concerns of governors.  Joe compared coronavirus to a hurricane.  He thinks that it's like Hurricane Katrina.  According to Joe, you can't negotiate with a hurricane.  No shit, Joe. Is this supposed to be profound.

New York has more than 20,000 cases. The surge is troubling for hospitals. Those who have visited NYC are asked to self-quarantine.  

Joe thinks that Trump doesn't care if people die as long as things are open.

Some of Joe's points are inconsistent with my own experience.  I am a federal government employee, live in Wash DC, and have been told that I will not be allowed in my office until at least May, if not later.

Mika thinks we should emulate South Korea to flatten the curve. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1

Joe is emphatic that 2 million Americans could die from Covid.  Joe makes some really unattractive faces when he lectures.

He wants Jonathan Lemire to agree that we could die. Jonathan said that he has hope for NYC.  Wrong answer Jonathan!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

This morning Reverend John Meacham has saved us all a seat on the ship sailing through The Storm on the Sea of Galilee. 

The real reverend finally got to talk at 6:45. Rev Al was preaching from the pulpit. He explained the full story of Easter. 

Most of the time I think Joe is just trying to punk us when he doles out advice to trump. LOL 

I love Andrew Cuomo. I could listen to him all day long.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3

Joe is a prophet of doom.

Joe said there is a study that estimates that 2 million will die.

Joe is upset that Trump wants to reopen some businesses by Easter Sunday.

Is there a reason why NYC is so affected by the virus ?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Joe looked flat out pissed when Chuck Schumer refused to agree with him on bailing out Trump properties.

Yes!  I am so glad Schumer didn't "cave" to Joe's demands. 

• Love 2

Oh, for God's sake, Mika, you have GOT to pull yourself together.

She was screaming hysterically at Chuck Schumer, demanding answers that he couldn't give. It was so over the top unprofessional with the dramatic, breathy voice and rambling questions that don't allow anyone to respond...honestly, she should just sequester herself on the other side of the breakfast bunker and let blustering Joe take the show. She's not doing anyone any good and is performing absolutely no service to the viewers or the country.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xaxat said:

Joe looked flat out pissed when Chuck Schumer refused to agree with him on bailing out Trump properties.

3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Yes!  I am so glad Schumer didn't "cave" to Joe's demands. 

Joe wanted Trump properties to get bailout money?

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Joe wants all members of Congress , the Senate & the President Trump's businesses to be eligible for the government aid. Schumer disagreed.

Schumer said that those make policy should not benefit from it.

Joe argued with Schumer over the emoluments clause.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, scrb said:

He wanted them to be eligible for it. He argued that Trump should be treated like any other business owner even though he is clearly not like any other businessman. The final legislation keeps Trump and members of Congress from receiving funds for their businesses, but the clause was clearly aimed at Trump.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scrb said:

He even got Claire McCaskill to agree with him. Their rational was, trump needs to be flattered (see Governor Newsom) or he will play this red state vs blue state.

Wacky times.

2 hours ago, xaxat said:

He wanted them to be eligible for it. He argued that Trump should be treated like any other business owner even though he is clearly not like any other businessman. The final legislation keeps Trump and members of Congress from receiving funds for their businesses, but the clause was clearly aimed at Trump.

He was claiming that not giving them the bailout money would create an incentive for them to push policies that are dangerous for the country to serve their own business interests. I think what he fails to take into consideration is the possibility that if they are so avaricious as the put the country at risk this way, there is nothing stopping them from pocketing the bailout money and STILL pushing bad policies out of self interest.

• Love 7

Joe says Trump is surrendering to coronavirus.  Joe is talking about things that the president tweeted in January.

If Joe is going to do this, he needs to talk about DiBlasio's tweet on March 2 encouraging people to go out to the movies. 

MIka is barely awake and just keeps saying "Yeah." Joe's own wife doesn't care about his blathering.

Also why is Joe talking about tweets from months ago?  I feel like I've lived a month in one  week trapped in my apartment in DC.  Shut up, Joe.

Mika started ranting about Russia and democracy   What day is it?  Is this her Russia rant from 14 months ago? Shut up, Mika.

I wonder where Willie is.  No one has mentioned him. I guess he's probably taking care of his kids at home like all the other people who have kids out of school.  It's interesting that he hasn't appeared remotely.

Jonathan Lemire said New Yorkers are doing their part for social distancing.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5

Joe is pissed that Boeing gets federal bailout funds even though they killed people.  Joe says the Republicans want to euthanize senior citizens. Joe said that he grew up Baptist and he knows that killing is wrong.  Those are Christian teachings that Joe learned.

Joe said there is a 93 year old Vietnam veteran in  Allentown and an 87-year old lady alone somewhere and they might die.  Joe is not making much sense today.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Willie showed up at 7 am via remote. He must be at his house.  He has a backdrop of the White House and really bad lighting.

Willie reminded Joe of Dr. Fauci's remarks that the disease has it's own timeline.  Willie says we have to stop the medical crisis and also help small  businesses.

New York state has 32,000 cases. Hospitals are overwhelmed.  Wow.

• Love 4

Yeah, thank God Willie's back to rehash and agree with everything Joe and Mika rambled on about for the first hour.

They have nothing to talk about. The best five minutes of the first hour was a chat with Guy Cecil and Priorities USA's ad. 

• Love 3

How did they manage to screw up Willie's lighting so bad?

You know you are watching too much cable news when you start noticing things like a guest moving his massive model of the Saturn V rocket from a back shelf to the table right behind him and the fact that MSNBC has once again had to change the color scale on its state coronavirus map.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika needs to take some time off. Her anxiety is really coming through.

One thing that annoys me about the show recently is that Mika and Joe speak as though they are authoritative experts on a subject they had no exposure to three months ago. I guess Joe has to act like that in order to give the opening monologue. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, xaxat said:

One thing that annoys me about the show recently is that Mika and Joe speak as though they are authoritative experts on a subject they had no exposure to three months ago. I guess Joe has to act like that in order to give the opening monologue. 

How many times can Joe mention testing in a 3 hour period? Every single expert on every single press conference (local, state, national) that I have seen in the past weeks emphasizes that it is not useful to test everyone.  WTF is Joe talking about?

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Mika needs to take some time off. Her anxiety is really coming through.

I agree. Morning Joe's forte is "inside the beltway political gossip".

Mika & Joe's opinions on a pandemic are not well researched. Joe should refrain from predicting 2 million people will die before the election.

In Canada, the political pundits that appear on similar programs have not appeared on tv since the crisis began.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, neece26 said:

How many times can Joe mention testing in a 3 hour period? Every single expert on every single press conference (local, state, national) that I have seen in the past weeks emphasizes that it is not useful to test everyone.  WTF is Joe talking about?

Hmmm. I've seen the opposite. The more people you test, the more you can isolate, contact-trace, and figure out who's been exposed. Joe and Mika are pointing out that there still aren't enough tests even for people who are symptomatic. I am with them on this.

• Love 10

Mika is hosting the show alone.  Joe is sleeping late today.

She makes more sense when she is by herself.  She acts so emotional when Joe is around.  I am sure some producer is feeding her questions.  Still, she is way better without Joe.

Willie is on remote  from home with a DC backdrop.

The headline is NY battling coronavirus.  New York now has more than 400 coronavirus deaths. Gov. Cuomo says hospitals need more protective gear.  

There is a picture of nurses at a NY hospital wearing trash bags over their scrubs. The hospital later claimed that the nurses have proper equipment.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Heidi Przbyla asked Heidi what is going on in the hospitals.  Heidi said ventilators are an urgent need in several states.  Heidi thinks doctors in South Korea have better protective gear.  Doctors are begging for gear from China, according to Heidi.

Mika said that Trump slammed a bunch of the governors.  Nice try, Mika.  Now start ranting about Christianity and Alabama like Joe.

Mika said Trump mocked the governors.

• Love 3

Mika is disturbed that the president did an interview on Fox about drugs for coronavirus. Mika acts like she is a medical expert.  Joe's arrogant asshat demeanor has rubbed off on her 

A doctor was interviewed and said we are doing trials with these drugs.  

I think they need to stop interviewing each other about what the president said on Sean Hannity.  It is not a good look for a news show when their programming is about another network.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

I pretty much liked Mika this morning.  I know it's not brave or unexpected of her to attack trump but every morning I wake up thinking I'm living on Planet of the Apes.

My one annoyance of her is that please stop wearing those God awful jogging tops. You're in FL.

I always like hearing from Chris Lu. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

I pretty much liked Mika this morning.  I know it's not brave or unexpected of her to attack trump but every morning I wake up thinking I'm living on Planet of the Apes.

I lasted all of five minutes this morning before I had to turn her off. To me, she came across as even more hysterical than usual. I cannot abide her high, breathy voice and the way she harangues and berates the guests who have ZERO control over anything.

Just once, JUST ONCE, I would like someone, anyone, to challenge her and Joe and ask them whether they ever considered something like this would happen during those long months in 2015-2016 when they were yucking it up with Donald every morning on the air. Or when they journeyed to Trump Tower and Mar a Lago to pay homage.

• Love 8