Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oh Christ!  Doesn't Joe realize that that's something Trump would have, and has said!

I'm surprised that Ms KNV (not to be confused with KY) hasn't said anything about Bombshell, out in Redbox this week.  If you ever think you have an awful job ladies, watch it!

Exactly! . Joe was very critical of Fox News hosts that were downplaying the Coronavirus crisis.

He is still upset that Chris Matthews was forced to retire without the network consulting him for his opinion.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I'm surprised that Ms KNV (not to be confused with KY) hasn't said anything about Bombshell, out in Redbox this week.  If you ever think you have an awful job ladies, watch it!

I watched Loudest Voice on Showtime. (same subject)

It was nauseating. 

I still can't believe that's Charlize. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika is shaking her head and making faces like a petulant asshat.  Does Mika blame the president for Tom Hanks' illness?  

If this fucking virus takes Tom Hanks I'm done.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's friend is a physician . He told Joe that half of his patients believe the virus is a hoax.

I watched this segment, and heard parts where they talked about Fox and the right wing propaganda chamber, and that shit is straight up terrifying.

• Love 4

PSST! Mika, Joe, that South Korean system you have been fawning over? It's universal health care! It can be done! 

(Like Switzerland, Singapore, Norway, Canada. . . )

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I watched this segment, and heard parts where they talked about Fox and the right wing propaganda chamber, and that shit is straight up terrifying.

I was channel surfing tonight & watched a segment on Laura Ingraham's Fox News show.

Laura  & Rudy Guiliani were making fun of Joe & Meacham for speculating that the Coronavirus would be worse for the USA than 9/11.

3 hours ago, xaxat said:

PSST! Mika, Joe, that South Korean system you have been fawning over? It's universal health care! It can be done! 

(Like Switzerland, Singapore, Norway, Canada. . . )

The Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau is in self isolation & his wife has just tested positive for Covid 19 tonight.

The tests are available in Canada for free.

Warm cookies are given to patients after surgery.

Cake sheet is available with a medical note for patients like Mika.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The top story is the Corona virus.  Mika says the U.S. is in a different place in the last 24 hours, with event cancellations and closing.   There are 1700 confirmed cases in the United States.

Joe said Americans cannot get tested.  Millions of lives are in danger according to Joe.

Mika said the "prevailing question" is how desperate people cannot get tested.  Mika is doing her crisis voice. Joe and Mika have a good friend who tried to get tested but couldn't.  

Mika is very excited about all the closings.  Reading that long list of closings is her time to shine, bitches!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Jake Sherman is the smartest voice on the show this morning. 

He tells it like it is. No one cares what happened during President  Obama's tenure and the CDC.

But after a short five minute stint he has to leave.

Willie is an expert on crisis management.  Who knew?

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3

Why can't Mika & Joe be put on a priority list for Covid-19 tests ?

Joe's health is a priority since he is an influential pundit.

Joe doesn't want an economic relief package until everyone gets tests.

Doesn't Joe care about people losing their jobs now due to all the closings  ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Jesus . I thought hell froze over before 7:30 am this morning. 

Eric Bolling and Windsor Mann are on the show. 

Bolling reveals he talks to Joe on the phone. Bolling. Ick. Mann. More please.

BTW  I saw Seema Verma on CNN while at the gym.  She was all non chatty, can't bullshit these people. Totally different interview than MJ showed of her with FOX's Martha McCallum.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe said Americans cannot get tested.  Millions of lives are in danger according to Joe.

Well not completely true. A man who lives here in Indpls was in Boston at a medical conference last week, came home and thought he might be sick, called Public Health Dept, they directed him to go to Community North Hospital, they brought him in side door to keep him from other patients (see Mika it CAN be done), tested him, he was positive and he is home in quarantine. 

We've also had a couple students in Hendricks County test positive. 

A former Dept Head at U of M Med Center tested positive this week, my sister has a friend whose husband was working in ER when the man came in. 

Granted the US is behind terribly in testing, but tests are available or else people wouldn't be testing positive, Joe. 

Maybe we can find some guard rails and have them installed at 30 Rock. 

• Love 5

My doctor's office sent an email saying that they have limited testing available, so they will only be testing the highest risk patients (elderly, immune compromised) or those with DEFINITE exposure to a known case of Coronavirus.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I know things seem dire but I do wish the Bobbsey Twins would dial it down a little. I get the feeling their hysteria and shrieking is aimed at one person in particular and I guarantee it has no affect . 

My sister and I were talking about Steph Ruhle being on 11th Hour last night, since she was on MJ in the morning, and did her show and others,  then right at 6 am ish I see her on tv and my phone beeps and I laughed as my sister was like Jesus does she live at 30 Rock?  Steph must have the metabolism of a hummingbird. 

4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Reading that long list of closings is her time to shine, bitches!

Not only reading but sharply analyzing and yelling about the news!  

Special Thanks to Ambien and Costco Bakery Dept! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

The show opened with Dr. Anthony Fauci telling Chuck Todd we have to hunker down.

The U.S. is under a state of emergency, and stocks are down.  

Mika is still kind of excited about it. 

Jonathan Lemire and David Ignatius are with Joe and Mika and they look tired.  We are up to 6 cameras.  Joe said the president said that the Corona virus will disappear.  Devin Nunes told people to go to pubs. 

Joe is doing verbal vomit again.  He wants scientists to tell the truth.  Joe cannot believe that there are crowds on Main Street at Disney World.  Joe said seniors are going to die.

Joe said he knows the president.  How many conversations have Joe and the president had in the last three years?  Joe is one of those annoying people who talks to a famous person once and claims they are intimate friends.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

The Doors "I'm Gonna Love You " montage was annoying. 

I'm particularly getting annoyed with Dr Fauci. He keeps telling us what not to do yet he keeps going out and doing these things.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 4

Does anyone know how to correctly pronounce Yamiche's last name?  Because Miss KYV emphasizes a different syllable every damn time she says it.  Way to make her feel like a "friend of the show" Meeks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

8:30 AM  I just found out that the KYV website has a complete overview of the coronvirus, THANK THE LORD!  You know, Joe and Mika are inovators--they piloted the entire "don't come into work, work from home deal."  And We thought they were being lazy and entitled!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, jalady said:

Does anyone know how to correctly pronounce Yamiche's last name

I believe it's Al Sin Door, accent on 1st syllable.  I could be wrong. I wouldn't count on Mika pronouncing her own name correctly. 

• LOL 5

Is there any situation or crisis that Meeka cannot work her KYV scam into?  And profit from? 

Does she have a new makeup artist?  Because I notice her eyes look their normal, kind-of beady selves.  When she has the kohl eyes, her eyes are really pretty.  And I don't like her pouffy bob.  I like it better when it is flatter, against her head.  The hand basket awaits.

Give me a break. Mr. Kemper and I are self-quarantining; he has no sports to watch and is tired of my British mysteries on Acorn.  Yesterday he was watching a rerun of a golf tournament; can you imagine?  Like it wasn't boring enough the first time around.  Kidding! 😎 

As long as I am being catty and we are on the subject...I caught a glimpse of Katty Kay.  Her eyes are just wowsers.  Since I didn't see the whole show - was she live?  

Today Joe was switching between his inside voice and his outside voice.  Meek was doing her shocked, stern, high-pitched squeaky voice.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Kemper, I feel gratified that a worldwide pandemic hasn't tampered down your snark.  Re-run of a golf tournament??  Does he sit in front of the TV and golf-clap by himself?

As long as I am being catty and we are on the subject...I caught a glimpse of Katty Kay.  Her eyes are just wowsers.

She's been Wildensteinesque for about a year. 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 4

Jesus.  When Katty Kay showed up I thought she had borrowed Missi Pyle' s Laliari costume from Galaxy Quest. 

She gets weirder  looking every appearance. She's gone from humanoid robot to full out alien. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Yesterday he was watching a rerun of a golf tournament; can you imagine?  Like it wasn't boring enough the first time around. 

I noticed CBS was rerunning old NCAA games. Blech.   Thankfully it was nice out so I took Budster for a couple long walks, and then I turn on the tv and get totally hooked into watching The Perfect Storm. Metaphor much? 

If you're home and want to take your mind off whatever, I think it's on again tomorrow afternoon on AMC. It is terrifying, and sad. But really good.  And you won't think about coronavirus for a while. 

I saw the interview Mika did with Dan Goldman.  It seemed like she was yelling at him because the hospital made him wait in the hallway.  Why is she so fucking hysterical. You have isolated yourself in that fucking breakfast nook/public access tv studio basement for the last year. 

Bebop getting on your nerves? Afraid you can't get your Ambien refilled? Costco is limiting toilet paper purchases, Meeks, not cake. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:30 AM  I just found out that the KYV website has a complete overview of the coronvirus, THANK THE LORD!  You know, Joe and Mika are inovators--they piloted the entire "don't come into work, work from home deal."  And We thought they were being lazy and entitled!

Joe said his sources told him about the virus 2 year ago & that it would be a good idea to work from a Florida bunker. In the event of the closing of the studios at Rockfeller, the Florida bunker would be able to broadcast without interruption.

Joe is working on an album of Covid 19 songs.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

it would be a good idea to work from a Florida bunker.

I can just hear him 6 months from now saying how he and Mika were at the forefront of social distancing. I still don't get why they each have their own camera...have they explained that? Are they SO into distancing that they want us to believe one is in the basement while the other is in the kitchen (near the vodka and cake)?

• LOL 4

Stephanie Ruhle has to lecture Joe on the effect of the Fed rate cut.

Ratner is predicting an early 1990s recession.

Ratner said the USA needs a $500B stimulus package.

Joe talks to leaders of global companies & small business owners. They have credit lines.

• Love 4

The top story is that a lot of states are shutting things down to prevent the spread of COVID-19, like gyms and restaurants.  At a press conference yesterday, President Trump warned the outbreak could last for months.

Joe said "people" called him because they couldn't believe Trump's sober demeanor.  Who called Joe?  Chris Matthews?  Halperin?

Joe says he told the president from the beginning to tell the truth, and the president took Joe's advice. 

Maybe one of the songs on Joe's next album will be about how Joe made people see the light. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 8

Joe said we all have to work together like Mika's dad and other great leaders did.  Mika said that it is easier to deal with this when the president tells us what we should do.  

Mika says that people want Washington to mobilize. She wants Trump to stop fighting with people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

After Meacham stopped bandying Churchill quotes about,  he finally says something relevant.  He compares this to Lucy and the football. 

Tom Nichols likes the Lucy/football analogy as well.

But I'm not suprised to see how excited Joe and Mika are to see that they knew he had this in him all along. His behavior is exactly what they always expected. 

Will he start calling in again?

Edited by tres bien
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I do understand Joe & crew’s positive reinforcement of what can only be described as “The bare, fucking minimum,” from the President.  It’s good to encourage truth telling, but we’ve seen Trump do his thing for years, and he will return to form within hours.  Meachum was correct: this is another Lucy & the football moment.  We’ll have many more of them, because that’s what he does.

If the President starts calling in again, cool.  But if Joe isn’t merciless in his questioning during those opportunities, fuck him, and fuck this show.  I don’t need another reporter afraid and/or unwilling to confront Trump properly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Sweet Jesus, no having The President calling in.  My psyche will not survive it.  Just the facts, please.  I actually liked Meacham's "Luftwaffe/Churchill" reference.  Lucy and the football was pretty good, too.  That is about all I got from Show this morning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika said that it is easier to deal with this when the president tells us what we should do.  

So for once Ms. KYV took off her bossy pants/bathrobe and is looking for advice from someone not ensnared in her cult? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said that up to 2 million Americans could die from the Coronavirus.

Joe spoke to high ranking officials yesterday. They said it will be like World War 2 .

Joe said Americans will not tolerate restrictions like in China.

• Love 4
On 3/16/2020 at 6:31 AM, jalady said:

Does anyone know how to correctly pronounce Yamiche's last name?  Because Miss KYV emphasizes a different syllable every damn time she says it.  Way to make her feel like a "friend of the show" Meeks!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, formerly known as Lew Alcindor. Because I am old and a SoCal native I remember what a big deal it was when he began his 3-year UCLA varsity career in '67 (after playing on the freshman team the previous year).

FWIW, I remember all the reporters and sportscasters (local and national) pronouncing it as Al SIN der and vintage youtube videos back up that memory. Billy Crystal went to high school with him and that's how he pronounces it. 

Anyway, Scoop goes with a pronunciation she likes (or two or three) and how a person pronounces their own name means nothing. Yamiche needs to suck it up, buttercup!

(Perhaps AL sin dore is Yamiche's preferred pronunciation, I heard that on another show). 

• Love 5

Suomi, I remember when Lou Alcindor was on the tv show "The Dating Game" ... my father and brothers were thrilled.

In other news...I actually listened to Meeka reading the teleprompter this morning.  I swear she stumbled over a word in every sentence.  Every. Sentence. In. Just. About. Every. Paragraph.  If someone was just starting out in on-camera newscasting they would be fired.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe said we all have to work together like Mika's dad and other great leaders did.  Mika said that it is easier to deal with this when the president tells us what we should do.  

Mika says that people want Washington to mobilize. She wants Trump to stop fighting with people.

Will Mika lead us in a Kumbaya sing along tomorrow?

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe said we all have to work together like Mika's dad and other great leaders did.

Didn’t Mika’s dad totally f- up talks with Iran and the ultimate hostage crisis?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Will Mika lead us in a Kumbaya sing along tomorrow?

Ha. I guarantee if she attempted that it wouldn't sound at all like we remember it from summer camp! For f's sake, she has trouble with simple, common words that she reads every single day from a teleprompter. Come to think of it, Joe could probably take the pressure off of her and strum his guitar and do his own new-fangled version of it. She could bang her tambourine awkwardly and out of sync. Perfect start to another Covid filled day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Joe and Mika are excited that Joe Biden won the primaries in Arizona, Florida, and Illinois.  Joe said that Sanders should drop out and go back to his work in the Senate.

Ny Gov. Andrew Cuomo says that state action for quarantine is not be considered.  However, DiBlasio said shelter in place restrictions are possible. Mika is a little less excited about the Corona virus now.  I guess the shine is off.

Mika want to know whether there will be more testing.  Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic said more testing is needed to identify pockets of the virus.  Joe wants 200 million people to be tested now!  Jeffrey Goldberg is one low energy dude.  He said that he can't answer Joe's questions about more testing. 

I think Jonathan Lemire is a better guest than Jeff Goldberg, but he probably needed a day off from this clown show.

Joe tried to bully White House correspondent Kelly O'Donnell to agree with him that everyone should be tested.  Joe is a pushy asshole.

• Love 5