Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika did an update on KYV. It's called 50 over 50!

Mika said many people over 50 are successful.

Joe was excited about Mika's project. Joe called them trailblazers.

She just enrages me. Always has to be the know it all...about things that were dropped in her lap. Yeah, she can be the authority on the successful people still plugging away after age 50, maybe branching off from their original careers or starting a new venture, because she thinks of herself as someone who has "found" herself and her calling at 50. All she did was find her way into Joe's bed and everyone knows it.

I agree that Oakville and Nittanycougar deserve credit for their fortitude to make it through this show every morning. I wish there was an emoji that combined emotions, like funny and surprise, or funny and sad, etc. Sometimes it's hard to pick just one! Kudos, guys! 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said that no one trusts the government to provide health care.

Did he say "provide?"  Either he's profoundly ignorant or he's purposefully spreading conservative propaganda.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Did he say "provide?"  Either he's profoundly ignorant or he's purposefully spreading conservative propaganda.

Yes , he said provide. He went on a rant about the government picking doctors, medical procedures etc for people. He said that they can't even test people for Coronavirus, so how could they handle healthcare.

Joe said that South Korea is testing 10,000 people per day & the USA only has 500 kits.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I go with Purposefully Spreading Conservative Propaganda.  I think he, Susan Del Percio, et al  .... have an idea that soon they will be running things again, albeit through the Democratic nominee.  Right now they talk a good game because it keeps them employed on the network. 

• Love 5

What is Mika's problem with reading the news?  Is it just too early in the morning for her or just a basic lack of reading comprehension.  All I know is that with each passing day, I find myself cringing at her complete inability to read a single sentence of news without screwing up the words and sentence structure, etc. of what she is saying.  You did learn how to read in school, didn't you, Mika? Or are the words just too hard for you?  Good God woman.  if you really want to Know Your Value, start by learning how to articulate properly and pronounce the words correctly!   If this were anyone else, they would have been fired for incompetence!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Damaris56 said:

What is Mika's problem with reading the news?  Is it just too early in the morning for her or just a basic lack of reading comprehension.  All I know is that with each passing day, I find myself cringing at her complete inability to read a single sentence of news without screwing up the words and sentence structure, etc. of what she is saying.  You did learn how to read in school, didn't you, Mika? Or are the words just too hard for you?  Good God woman.  if you really want to Know Your Value, start by learning how to articulate properly and pronounce the words correctly!   If this were anyone else, they would have been fired for incompetence!

Spending an hour with Andrea Mitchell or Katy Tur is equally excruciating. 

Katy is IMO the worst.  She sputters and stumbles over even the names of her guests and has even laughed at herself for messing up. While reporting a serious story. 

I give Mika a pass. She's Joe's sidekick. She's obviously there only to look good 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said he went to black churches & knew that they wouldn't vote for Mayor Pete.

Joe said that Pete was a bad singer & dancer in black churches.

Did Joe really say this?

Because if he did that's straight up racial stereotyping dressed up as punditry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Did Joe really say this?

Because if he did that's straight up racial stereotyping dressed up as punditry.

Joe made it clear that Mayor Pete looked very uncomfortable attending black churches. I was surprised because Mayor Pete was very proud of his Christian faith.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, Landsnark said:

I watched the top of the 8am block and it was difficult.  Joe was screaming at a defeated Eddie Glaude about how much better Joe knows "blacks."  It was off-putting and bizarre.  Which is what their names should be and the name of their show.
I thought Joe was *this close* to tell Eddie that "blacks aren't as woke as you."  He went on a stereotypical rant.  Very uncomfortable. 
Click

Has Joe forgotten that Eddie is a Black man from Mississippi?  Joe is just too much at times and he needs to chill.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Mika is doing a dramatic reading this morning, yelling about the Corona virus.  A lot of stuff is cancelled but she seems excited.

Stanford University and Rice University have cancelled classes.  I can't deal with the constant panic about everything.  Joe says it is a disaster and conservatives tried to push away the virus like they push away the rule of law.  Joe thinks the virus is about messaging. Ok Joe.

Joe and Mika, please get an epidemiologist on this show.  I don't take medical advice from Jonathan Lemire.

Joe said that the virus doesn't care about politics and will kill people. Al Sharpton agreed with Joe's medical opinion.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Mika and Joe are in full blown panic mode this morning in a completely over the top way!  If you weren't nervous about the coronavirus before watching, you sure as hell would be now!

Also the bit discussing the health of the three 70+ year old men left in the race - they talk about Trump being overweight (true), Bernie's cardiac situation (true) and nothing about Joe's cognitive issues.  I can remember entire segments where they gave their expert opinions on Trump's mental state!   

• Love 2

I don't understand why in the midst of a Coronavirus crisis, Morning Joe brings on Al Sharpton & Jonathan Lemire?

I remember watching the show when there was an earthquake or plane crash, Mika & Joe would take the day off because they didn't feel comfortable discussing the topics due to their lack of knowledge.

• Love 4

I'm glad MJ played it straight today.  With actual medical experts and reports.

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

I don't understand why in the midst of a Coronavirus crisis, Morning Joe brings on Al Sharpton & Jonathan Lemire?

I remember watching the show when there was an earthquake or plane crash, Mika & Joe would take the day off because they didn't feel comfortable discussing the topics due to their lack of knowledge.

I think Rev Al made good points.  It's the middle class and lower middle class that need help with healthcare,  daycare and the like when there's public crisis.

• Love 3

Richard Haas compared this virus to 9/11. That's extreme. I guess he forgot about the Swine Flu in 2009.

Joe is right about Trump being wrong about wearing a campaign hat at the CDC.

Joe said that people  over age 60 are at a higher risk of getting the virus. Joe pointed out that many older people support Trump & will be upset about Trump's lies about the virus.

Joe was careful not to mention any of Joe Biden's health issues.

Joe suggested that Biden & Sanders consider self quarantine during the campaign. He doesn't want them to do rallies.

• Love 4

Joe missed the date of the Spanish Flu by 100 years. It was in 1918 not 1818.

Joe is now telling people in their 50s to be worried about the virus.

Joe acknowledged that people of all political stripes will be affected by the virus. Isn't that obvious ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, neece26 said:

Mika and Joe are in full blown panic mode this morning in a completely over the top way!  If you weren't nervous about the coronavirus before watching, you sure as hell would be now!

ITA. Mika's hysterical screeching about setting up separate sites for the testing. JFC woman. Calm down.   People are directed to contact a hospital or dr first before coming in so they can bring them separately and isolate them. 

1 minute ago, oakville said:

Joe missed the date of the Spanish Flu by 100 years. It was in 1918 not 1818.

Joe is now telling people in their 50s to be worried about the virus.

Joe acknowledged that people of all political stripes will be affected by the virus. Isn't that obvious ?

It wasn't until Joe told you!!!!

• Love 5

they talk about Trump being overweight (true),

Umm,  they said Trump was MORBIDLY OBESE.  I laughed my larger-than-should-be-but-not-morbidly-obese ass off on the way to work.

Whoever that urbane British man was he got me off to a good start today.  He was talking about foreign perception of the US re: coronavirus, and said something like "foreign governments know that in the US no one is in charge of this shit.  I chuckled and was incredulous that the censors would allow that, when I realized he said SHIP.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Mika is furious at people who might have the virus  going to hospitals.

Where else would they go ? It's unrealistic for Mika to demand that new centers set up ASAP.

We had the SARS crisis here in Oakville in 2003. The medical personnel would check people for a fever before you entered the hospital.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

Heidi got to visit Michigan. She met the women that were part of the Fems for Dems gras roots.

They helped elect a female Governor in 2018.

Heidi said that the women were spooked about voting for a women candidate for President .

They didn't like Klobuchar. Their priority was defeating Trump. They would be happy with a female VP candidate.

Corey Booker endorsed Joe Biden.

• Love 5

WhineandCheez ... yes!  Who was that British man? He spoke a couple hard truths and it was such a breath of fresh air.  I don't think I have ever seen him before.  And is Clint Watts not making appearances on MJ?  I have seen him on one or two other MSNBC shows.

• Love 2

Joe read breaking news from his phone! The fed will increase short term funding.

Mika discussed KYV & women coming back from the Coronavirus.

Mika has more skits with Joe about asking for vacation days.

Mika was happy that women voted for Biden on Super Tuesday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, oakville said:

I recall years ago, after a truly devastating string of tornadoes overnight in the midwest somewhere, tuning in to see Joe and Mika on site, in the midst of the rubble, doing a live report.They were practically in the dark, picking their way around.  So awful and out of their league. No surprise they would get mandatory sick time on days with big news. I was embarrassed for the channel.

What is Mika's sudden, manic interest in the virus? Do they have to fly commercial to a gig, or does she have some procedure soon at the local hospital and she's afraid she'll be exposed? She needs to calm the fuck down. Manic Mika and the teleprompter are not a good match. Funny that she posted an article about weaning herself off her Ativan...sounds like she needs to rethink that and just stay on it. Glad I have other sources for the news in the mornings.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Richard Haas compared this virus to 9/11.

I read a twitter thread from someone whose made comparisons re: the global financial fallout after 9/11 to the expected/forecast fallout from this. It was actually pretty astute, in my opinion. I wonder if that’s what Haas was getting at, but just didn’t follow through well. It was definitely something I’m glad I read and could work through on my own time, rather than passively listening to a quick rundown of it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Kemper said:

WhineandCheez ... yes!  Who was that British man? He spoke a couple hard truths and it was such a breath of fresh air.  I don't think I have ever seen him before.  And is Clint Watts not making appearances on MJ?  I have seen him on one or two other MSNBC shows.

The British guy is Edward Luce from the Financial Times. He has been on several times before. I think most of his appearances have been in the last year or two. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, cased said:

The British guy is Edward Luce from the Financial Times. He has been on several times before. I think most of his appearances have been in the last year or two. 

That's correct. He is the British back up when Katty Kay is unavailable.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe is having verbal and mental diarrhea.  He said Trump supporters are wrong to criticize the coverage of Corona virus. He thinks they are portraying it as a hoax.  Joe said people are going to die.  Joe is concerned about the old people.

Joe said Corona virus is not just a theory or a hoax.  He thinks people are full of conspiracies.  He told us that our grandparents and senior citizen friends will die from this.  Joe is worried about people with diabetes dying from Corona virus. He said senior facilities are dangerous for kids to visit.  

In other news, Mika said Michigan has its primary today.  Joe should people stay home?  

Mika is practically orgasmic reading about all of the colleges that have canceled classes.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

Hans Nichols reported from the White House lawn. The president is considering a stimulus plan in response to Corona virus.  

Joe said the president has been doing a lot of interest rate cuts.  Joe said an emergency rate cut will not help anything. Joe is very cranky today.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Fourtyfive minutes into the show Guy Cecil (chairman of (Priorities USA) is on.

Yeah Guy. Yeah Priorities USA.

They will be defending Joe Biden against Trump's attacks.

Joe said that Biden will lock down the nomination soon.

• Love 5

Joe was happy that Biden would veto a MFA bill if it was passed by the Senate & Congress.

Joe is worried about the costs.

DeBlasio said that MFA would encourage people to get tested for Coronavirus.

Ratner wants Bernie to drop out if he loses Florida & Michigan.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was happy that Biden would veto a MFA bill if it was passed by the Senate & Congress.

When did he say that? What form of MFA was it? Or was it Joe just yelling at clouds?

Is someone forcing Mika to go sit in Emergency Rooms and expose herself to sick people?

How about you  stop worrying about hospitals, as you can't even figure out that cake and Ambien won't make Bebop love you? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

When did he say that? What form of MFA was it? Or was it Joe just yelling at clouds?

It was at 7 17 am. Joe asked DeBlasio with a smirk on his face about what it means to Democrats that Biden will veto MFA. DeBlasio said it would mean that many Democrats would be opposed to Biden.

DeBlasio said that even people with insurance can't access it.

Ratner told DeBlasio that Biden was consistently against MFA.

There was no specific form of MFA mentioned , but DeBlasio wants everyone to have access to medical treatment.

9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Is someone forcing Mika to go sit in Emergency Rooms and expose herself to sick people?

How about you  stop worrying about hospitals, as you can't even figure out that cake and Ambien won't make Bebop love you? 

Mika is probably worried about her mom.

Couldn't Mika have one of her minions take her mom for doctor's appointments ?

• Love 5

Joe was happy that Trump tweeted about Morning Joe during the show. Trump made fun of Fox & Friends beating Morning Joe in the ratings. He called it Morning Joke.

Joe wants Trump to watch Fox & Friends.

I think Joe loves the attention from Trump.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Can someone post a link to Trump's gaffes clip shown on the show this morning?

P.S. Found a clip on twitter. Not easy to find. Have to question why it's being buried and by whom

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe blamed the Russians for recording Biden's verbal gaffes & retweeting them.

Mika was excited to play clips of Trump's verbal gaffes.

It would be fun to play Mika's gaffes.

That would be awesome!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2