Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, tres bien said:

My one annoyance of her is that please stop wearing those God awful jogging tops. You're in FL.

I turned it on for a couple minutes this morning I swear to God it looked like she had 3 bras on on under her top!! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Speaking of matters sartorial: what's with Joe's jacket this morning? Dust or some other stains on both lapels, (more on the right and 12 inches along the the edge of the left one.) I wonder if someone will notice and give him a replacement. Snerk: Meeka sure didn't.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The top story is that the the United States has more than 140,000 cases of coronavirus.  The president extended social distancing guidelines to April 30. 

Joe compared the deaths to September 11 and the Vietnam War.

Mika said it is hitting close to home for Trump because Boris Johnson has Covid-19.  

Edward Luce said Britain is paying a price for not observing social distancing.

David Ignatius said the increase in cases in Florida is worrying.

Edited by nittanycougar

Joe says the president was sending a signal to the markets when he talked about opening things by Easter. It was a political message.

Joe has learned that you have to separate the ground noise from the signal.  Joe is an expert in politics because he was in Congress.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe compared the deaths to September 11 and the Vietnam War.

What was his comparison? The toll on 9/11 was 2900 and 58,000 in 'nam.

Is he comparing the response effort? That happens after every flood, tornado, earthquake, etc

TIA, anyone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Joe,  before you listen to your "friend, well respected by people on both sides of the aisle ", make comparisons to FDR, I think you should review everything that happened this weekend. 

Also before you revise history. I think you should read up on FDR and keep in mind that he was guiding the country through war without TV and Twitter. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

The sugar coating of this behavior that Joe's trying to apply is dizzying. 

Maybe he is overcompensating for Mika’s recent hysteria.

I don’t know the name of this doctor whom is speaking right now, but she has been all over MSNBC lately and her speaking style really irritates me.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

I'm so annoyed by Joe's separating the ground noise from the signal metaphor. He presents it like it's the most profound insight ever, sage advice given to him by an admiral etc, etc, but it's literally the blandest most over used metaphor. He sounds like a high schooler in English class who thinks he came up with the phrase "white as a sheet". 

Also it's a wholly inappropriate way to describe DJT. There's no signal! Just occasional flashes of coached lucidity that are pretty much always negated by garbled nonsense within hours or days.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, neona said:

I'm so annoyed by Joe's separating the ground noise from the signal metaphor. He presents it like it's the most profound insight ever, sage advice given to him by an admiral etc, etc, but it's literally the blandest most over used metaphor. He sounds like a high schooler in English class who thinks he came up with the phrase "white as a sheet". 

Also it's a wholly inappropriate way to describe DJT. There's no signal! Just occasional flashes of coached lucidity that are pretty much always negated by garbled nonsense within hours or days.

The Republican talking phrase of 2016 "it's a binary choice " keeps screaming in my head.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Speaking of matters sartorial: what's with Joe's jacket this morning? Dust or some other stains on both lapels, (more on the right and 12 inches along the the edge of the left one.) I wonder if someone will notice and give him a replacement. Snerk: Meeka sure didn't.

I just started watching the show. 

I noticed the white stains on Joe's jacket. Did he spill baking powder on his jacket ?

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe has learned that you have to separate the ground noise from the signal.  Joe is an expert in politics because he was in Congress.

Did Joe copy his latest talking point " Signal & Noise " from his arch enemy Nate Silver ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Signal_and_the_Noise

Long time viewers of Morning Joe recall Joe's frequent attack on Nate Silver's statistical approach to analyzing election results vs Joe's anecdotal, " foreign leaders tell me... I saw Trump signs in rural Pennsylvania.. African American women lining up to vote in the rain" sophisticated approach to analyzing politics.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe says the president was sending a signal to the markets when he talked about opening things by Easter. It was a political message.

JFC I guess having his own words used against him on Twitter made Joe turn into everyone else in his party.  

This morning when he said we should ignore the attacks and insults on CNN and Yamiche Alcindor because that's just background noise it was glaringly clear Joe really can't take the heat or separate himself from his good old boys club.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

This morning when he said we should ignore the attacks and insults on CNN and Yamiche Alcindor because that's just background noise it was glaringly clear Joe really can't take the heat or separate himself from his good old boys club.

Until his background noise comment is about someone’s bleeding facelift, then it’s time for all out war. 

• Love 2

This show has a messed up obsession with comparing coronavirus deaths to 9/11 and various wars.  Hey Joe, coronavirus is it's own war!

Joe says Trump supporters are still downplaying the virus as the flu.

Joe how about reporting that DC, Maryland, and Virginia all issued stay at home orders yesterday?  

Joe asked Mika about being in NYC on 9/11.  This has nothing to do with anything.  It is just useless navel gazing from Mika so she can pump herself up.  

Joe seems very out of touch with the situation that currently exists.  

• Love 6

Mika is pissed that My Pillow guy talked at the White House press conference yesterday.

Shannon Pettypiece of NBC said she asked the president about ordering shelter in place for the whole nation. She sees people out in Maryland. Maybe they fancy themselves as essential, like you seem to think you are Shannon.

We are staying home here in Wash DC.  Shannon Pettypiece seems desperate for Mika and Joe's approval.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joe's trump radar is in overdrive this morning. 

He and Shannon Pettypiece are so pleased that trump is listening to "his medical experts " now. 

Amazing that seeing images on TV pushes the needle for executive decisions.  😕

Why is Kier Simmons standing on an empty street in London screaming? Get a grip!

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 4

7:05  I'm expecting Joe to put on his MAGA hat.

Katty Kay is on. She looks a whole lot different without makeup. 

John Heilemann is on board with his au natural unshaven look. But grimly explains that the new posture trump has adopted is all about politics!

Joe loves it. He can  get on board this train. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3

Mika really needs to dial back the anxiety. With all of her talk about ailing police officers and social unrest she sounds like she believes we are living through the opening scenes of the first Mad Max movie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Shannon Pettypiece seems desperate for Mika and Joe's approval.

That is the depth of desperation - seeking approval from Mr. and Mrs. Scarborough.   The 'rona must be messing with Shannon's head.   No one should be that needy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe wants the 330K people that want a Covid Test in Palm Beach county to get them.

Joe always mentions Palm Beach being Trump's home county but he never admits that he also lives in Palm Beach county.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe & Willie were supportive of the My Pillow founder being allowed to speak yesterday at Trump's press conference because he was making 50,000 face masks for doctors.

Mika rolled her eyes at Joe & Willie's remarks.

Mika mocked the My Pillow guy in a tweet yesterday.

Why didn't Mika defend her snarky tweet ?

Joe admitted that he couldn't make masks or do anything to help patients with Covid 19.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, xaxat said:

she believes we are living through the opening scenes of the first Mad Max movie.

Yeah, except since she hasn't seen a movie since My Friend Flicka, she has no awareness of this and can't differentiate between fact and fantasy. I caught just a few minutes of her tsk tsking and sourpuss looks and had to click away. As usual.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe & Willie were supportive of the My Pillow founder being allowed to speak yesterday at Trump's press conference because he was making 50,000 face masks for doctors.

Mika rolled her eyes at Joe & Willie's remarks.

Mika mocked the My Pillow guy in a tweet yesterday.

Why didn't Mika defend her snarky tweet ?

Joe admitted that he couldn't make masks or do anything to help patients with Covid 19.

Joe must have had his meds adjusted.  No matter. I'm still not taking anything he says seriously. 

Mr My Pillow has been stumping with trump for years.

And BTW I won't comment on Mr Pillow personally.  But I will say that about 8 or 10 years ago I  bought a My Pillow.  What a piece of shit. I don't even think I kept it for a year.

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, tres bien said:

But I will say that about 8 or 10 years ago I  bought a My Pillow.  What a piece of shit. I don't even think I kept it for a year.

Yeah I heard they were crap. Every time I've looked at one at a store it feels like you'd have your head on a brick.  I got a Columbia cooling pillow at Kohls, it's fantastic.  It actually helped retrain myself to sleep on my back. 

So, since FL isn't under stay at home orders (that I know of)  it appears Mika got her hair cut.   So her hair/make up guy is still coming to the house? 

6 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe how about reporting that DC, Maryland, and Virginia all issued stay at home orders yesterday?  

We've had them for a week in Indiana.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

So, since FL isn't under stay at home orders (that I know of)  it appears Mika got her hair cut.   So her hair/make up guy is still coming to the house? 

Wouldn't broadcasters allowed to have hair/makeup assistants as an essential service ?

Joe is one of the most powerful cable tv pundits in the country.  His hair style & color has changed numerous times in the past few years. It is essential that his hair color & length be maintained on a regular basis.

Mika's hair color is unique in cable news. Mika's "James Bond Villainais" hair style is an inspiration to women who KYV everywhere in North America & Europe.

• LOL 6
40 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wouldn't broadcasters allowed to have hair/makeup assistants as an essential service ?

Joe is one of the most powerful cable tv pundits in the country.  His hair style & color has changed numerous times in the past few years. It is essential that his hair color & length be maintained on a regular basis.

Mika's hair color is unique in cable news. Mika's "James Bond Villainais" hair style is an inspiration to women who KYV everywhere in North America & Europe.

The ladies broadcasting from home in NYC are doing it themselves (hair & make up). Nicolle is not getting the daily blow outs like she used to.  Why doesn't Miss KYV show the whole world what she "really" looks like. 

I do have to laugh at Twitter and the celebrity tabs posting photos of women stars without make up, like it's the biggest sacrifice they've ever made. 

• Love 4

Joe said that Trump should stop attacking the Governor of Michigan. She is very popular & will help convince residents to vote for Democrats in the fall.

Joe blasted the Florida Governor De Santis for not closing the beaches sooner. Florida could be the next hot spot for the virus. Joe said that Florida is filled with seniors who could be at high risk of contracting the virus.

Joe said he saw a few of his neighbors in the gated community where he lives playing shuffleboard & not social distancing.

They should be at home reading Mika & Joe's books or listening to Joe's music on Spotify.

Joe said that several people downloaded his music yesterday.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The ladies broadcasting from home in NYC are doing it themselves (hair & make up). Nicolle is not getting the daily blow outs like she used to.  Why doesn't Miss KYV show the whole world what she "really" looks like. 

I do have to laugh at Twitter and the celebrity tabs posting photos of women stars without make up, like it's the biggest sacrifice they've ever made. 

Mika is the leader of KYV & this century's Susan B Anthony. Mika's KYV video seminars will be in the Smithsonian museum in the next few years. Her hair & make up crew should be exempt from any restrictions.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Bon Jovi was a guest on Morning Joe. He is working on a song to help deal with the Coronavirus. He played the guitar.

I thought Joe was to help work on an album with him. Joe could probably get Bon Jovi a gig at Prohibition in NY when it re opens.

Bon Jovi is helping out at a JBJ Soul Kitchen. It's a no price menu & pay what you want.

He is very nice.

Joe was giddy when Bob Jovi called Joe a fellow guitar player.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika did an update from Bamba’s front porch yesterday, and she said she cut her own hair (I am not saying she actually did that, but that’s what she said). 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

She cut her own hair?  Really?  When I tuned in this morning I thought it looked better than usual - that she had just had it cut and colored.  I'm sorry.  But we have all seen candid photos of her out and about - and her hair is usually just average; like most of us.  And who is doing her on-camera make-up?  Her ownself?  Does she have someone come to the house every damn day? 

I could say this proves how vain she is - most of the other MSNBC female hosts look pretty basic right now; don't know about Andrea Mitchell because I haven't seen her.  I know that Stephanie Ruhle's hair looked like she did it herself.  And if so, good for her.  Poking at Meeka right now gives me life.  Some semblance of normal.  May she never change.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, oakville said:

They should be at home reading Mika & Joe's books or listening to Joe's music on Spotify.

Joe said that several people downloaded his music yesterday.

Several can mean three and people are looking for humor these days, so I can believe "several" people downloaded Joe's music.  I just can't believe they did so because they think it's good.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Joe says doctors have begged the president to admit that hundreds of thousands of Americans could die.  Now the president had a briefing and admitted 200,000 could die.  

Joe is pissed that it took the president two weeks to say this. 

They showed Trump saying that the next two weeks will be painful 

Joe attempted to riff on what the president has said in the past about coronavirus. 

Joe said he saw this coming in January.  Joe is such a massive bullshitter.  Joe didn't see anything coming except sitting on his ass in Palm Beach.  

He never talked about coronavirus in January at all.  He has a horrible habit of pretending to know things after the fact.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 8
(edited)

Joe is pissed that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is not closing restaurants.  Joe is going to try to make Florida the epicenter of the crisis so he can feel like he's in the middle of everything.  Because it is all about Joe.

For the record, Florida is currently fifth in infections according to the graphic.  Florida has around 5,000. The NYC area leads by a massive margin with around 80,000.

Mika bitched more about testing. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

She cut her own hair?  Really?  When I tuned in this morning I thought it looked better than usual - that she had just had it cut and colored.  I'm sorry.  But we have all seen candid photos of her out and about - and her hair is usually just average; like most of us.  And who is doing her on-camera make-up?  Her ownself?  Does she have someone come to the house every damn day? 

I could say this proves how vain she is - most of the other MSNBC female hosts look pretty basic right now; don't know about Andrea Mitchell because I haven't seen her.  I know that Stephanie Ruhle's hair looked like she did it herself.  And if so, good for her.  Poking at Meeka right now gives me life.  Some semblance of normal.  May she never change.

I was wondering about this because I noticed that her hair was way shorter on Monday than on Friday.  I don't believe that she cut her hair by herself because it looks professional.  I am a woman with mid length hair so I notice this crap.

She just doesn't want to admit that she got one of the makeup people to do it for her. Um, because her priority is crusading for testing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thirty minutes in and  Joe spent a good portion of the time raking DeSantis over the coals. And rightly so.

It's frightening to know what's going on in FL (although not my city thanks to the city government) and there's no leadership.  Joe repeatedly screamed out for trump to call DeSantis today and pressure him to lockdown the state.

Jim VandeHei poo pooed that saying that governors don't need a phone call.  They should know it's time to do the right things now.  Isn't that their job?

Adding. We're snowbirds and typically leave by May 1st.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 3

Joe is the worst student of history. 

His riff this morning was that the senior citizens in FL are the generation that grew up during the depression and fought in WW II.  At least get a calculator.  Sorry but we really don't have that generation as a part of the population anymore.  The seniors in FL are people born during WWII and baby boomers. 

• Love 7
(edited)

She had her hysteria dialed up to extreme this morning.  I was in the other room couldn't hear the voice just the speed and register. Of course it was her. She wouldn't  let Joe interject (fine this time because he usually bulldozes over her) but there was a very telling shot of his reaction.

Edited by Me from ME
miswrote
  • Love 4

Joe thinks that 100-250K people will die in the next 2 -3 weeks. Last week he projected 2 million deaths. Joe is reading the charts incorrectly. If you read the chart, the death rate may peak at 2K deaths per day in mid April & then begin to decline.

Joe is wrong to say that everyone knew the crisis was coming. China wasn't releasing precise details on the virus in January.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Joe is the worst student of history. 

His riff this morning was that the senior citizens in FL are the generation that grew up during the depression and fought in WW II.  At least get a calculator.  Sorry but we really don't have that generation as a part of the population anymore.  The seniors in FL are people born during WWII and baby boomers. 

Agreed. People that were adults in WW2 are mostly dead.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

The restaurants in Florida are closed for in house dining but are offering take out & delivery.

Yes  that happened this week.  Three weeks later than where I live. 🤔

• Love 3

Joe seems to be clueless about the tourism industry in Florida.

I doubt any Governor of Florida would have banned tourists & snowbirds from coming to Florida in January.

There are many people that have winter homes in Florida. I doubt they could be banned from Florida.

Didn't Mika & Joe travel to NYC & Washington in February & March ?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. People that were adults in WW2 are mostly dead.

Exactly. My dad served in WWII, he enlisted three weeks after Pearl Harbor when he was 21, almost 22. He died 6 and a half years ago a few months before his 94th birthday. The average age of a soldier or sailor or airman in WWII was 26. 

In Vietnam it was 19. 😞

Joe is full of shit as usual. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5

Given the circumstances, it was probably not a good choice by Kier Simmons to use a zombie movie (28 Days Later) as an analogy to the current scene in London.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

Jim VandeHei poo pooed that saying that governors don't need a phone call.  They should know it's time to do the right things now.  Isn't that their job?

I have not been a big Willie fan lately, but I think it was Willie who said, "Governor DeSantis won't exercise his authority unless Donald Trump tells him to, so for goodness' sake, President Trump, can't you just call him up and tell him what to do?"

Seriously. That is what it has come down to.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Given the circumstances, it was probably not a good choice by Kier Simmons to use a zombie movie (28 Days Later) as an analogy to the current scene in London.

Geez.  What's the matter with him. Someone give him a Valium. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 4