Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I also don't get Joe's comment that Bloomberg entering the race is the reason Harris had to drop out.

She didn't just run out of money in the last two weeks,  I have a feeling this is Joe thinking "if I push Bloomberg I get another shot at WH advisor". 

Joe appears to be as much a day trader as the subject of his daily tirades. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I cannot believe Mika just announced Julia Ainsley's pregnancy travel ban starts this week (meaning she won't be flying up to NYC for a while) but for heaven's sake she'll still be on the air!

How the hell does Mika shill Know Your Value, ostensibly to help working women in their careers, while simultaneously reducing every goddamn pregnant woman to the contents of her womb?  I'm waiting for Joe to chime in with, "Hey, Bill Newsman, since you just had a vasectomy, better make sure you don't fuck your mistress for a week, ok?"

• LOL 8

Mika acts like she's one of those Aunt women on Handmaid's Tale, keeping track of the female MSNBC employees menstrual cycles and announcing every stage of their pregnancy. 

We can't be the only people who are appalled at this. 

I wonder sometimes if Mika has some disability that she doesn't get personal space, and how to interact with people.  Joe's just a jerk, but Mika seems to just "not get it" sometimes. 

I don't mean this to sound derisive toward people with handicaps, but it just strikes me odd the way she interacts with people, that she doesn't get personal boundaries, and she tries to insinuate herself into other people's lives to get attention. Maybe that's it, trying to get attention.   

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I read this as "Dr Oz" and was like WTF does Dr Oz know about NATO? 

Likely as much as he knows about medicine.

Ok, I have to thank Rep. Doug Collins for clearing out my sinuses this morning as that clip of him complaining about democrats pandering to the camera while he's busy pandering to the camera made me snort my coffee all over the place.  I thought Louie Gohmert was entertaining but this guy is giving him a run for his money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joe and Mika are in the studio with Willie, John Heilman, and Jeremy Bash.  Joe talked about NATO leaders mocking the president.

Next, yesterday legal scholars testified in the impeachment hearing.

Joe made fun of Rep. Doug Collins' southern accent.  Joe pretended to be having a phone conversation with a founding father. Mika pretended like she actually watched the hearings and has any clue what is going on.

Michael Schmidt of the NYT said Democrats passed on some witnesses, such as John Bolton, to avoid litigation.  He said both sides have already made up their minds.

John Heilman pretended to know what George Washington and James Madison would say.  Honestly, this is kind of a stupid discussion. A law professor can argue any way on any given day. Joe knows that because he was a top legal scholar at the University of Alabama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe made fun of Rep. Doug Collins' southern accent.  

Understatement of the day, since Joe actually portrayed Collins as a braying Southern Auctioneer.  It was actually pretty funny (for once).

When did Heidi P get Barbra Streisand hair circa 1966?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Why are they talking about Baron and Melania and what an amazing family the Trumps are?  Mike tells a moronic story about knowing someone who knew someone who heard from someone on the upper east side that Melania is a devoted mother.  Mika sat there and made all the faces.
Then she Knows Yer Value it up and says something about pets and how people actually wrote about their pets and omigosh there is a shepherd named... MIKA! 
This is what happened in the 20 seconds I watched before I changed the channel in disgust.  Some mornings it's like riding a bucking bronco.

• Love 3

Joe said that in retrospect he would have not voted for impeachment of Bill Clinton. He would have voted for censure. Joe has spent the last 20 years bragging about how right he was to vote to impeach Clinton & has now decided to switch his position.

Joe said Trump has abused his power & should be impeached.

• Love 1

Does Joe actually think his impersonations are funny? Even Mika appears embarrassed when he starts his shtick. 

Maybe he's thinking about adding stand up comedy to his entertaining career. 

ETA Holy crap! Was that Captain Joe and First Mate Mika boating around Manhattan?

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Joe was upset at Mike Pence for complaining about the Professor who used Barron Trump's name at the impeachment hearing.

Joe wants Melania Trump to ask Donald Trump to apologize to Mika for face shaming Mika after her face lift. Mika was beaming that  Joe was defending her.

Joe is mad at Republicans for trying to make political points off the remarks about Barron Trump.

Joe was upset at Trump basically calling him a murderer.

Joe said Trump insults everyone.

Heileman said that Pence is not following Judeo Christian values.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, madfortv said:

The discussion with John Kerry on the climate coalition was informative.  I would like to see more such segments.

Yes it was. 

Also, I liked the fact that Joe had to sit there and STFU because Kerry would not be interrupted.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that Melania was a good mother & that Trump had a good relationship with Barron.

Like this is something most parents do not strive for.  Damning with faint praise.

• Love 8

"Ohwell" ...wish I had seen your post before I hit the Submit button.  I thought John Kerry was excellent, too.  He is an expert on his subject and has such gravitas that Joe did not dare interrupt.  I know that the show needed to go to break but I thought that Meeka was a bit abrupt when shes interrupted him...she said something inane but I can't remember what it was; maybe something supposed to be humorous.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, xaxat said:

Joe's got to be overjoyed that Biden campaign used a Morning Joe clip as one of the voice overs for his new ad.

Joe said the key to victory for Democratic candidates is to advertise on Morning Cable TV shows.

Bloomberg had at least 4 ads today on the show.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Does Joe know Barron lives with Melania's parents? 

Wouldn't that be a security risk ?

11 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Understatement of the day, since Joe actually portrayed Collins as a braying Southern Auctioneer.  It was actually pretty funny (for once).

When did Heidi P get Barbra Streisand hair circa 1966?

Heidi P is beautiful, but that hair was out of control.

As a Texas native living in DC, I would like to criticize Joe's accent parodies.  I feel like I am entitled to complain since Texas is at least partly Southern.  I don't like people putting on exaggerated accents for fun and entertainment. The reason I don't like it is because people have very messed up ideas from Hollywood, and you are encouraging them to parody a region that is already parodied beyond belief. 

It is not as funny as Joe thinks. I feel like he has some inferiority about being from the South and being in NYC. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I think the idea that Barron lives with his grandparents (in Maryland?) started with one of Michael Wolfe's books.  The book also hinted that Melania lives there, at least part-time, too.  Take from this what you will - Michael Wolfe is the author; I don't remember how reliable his information was - I don't think it was sourced all that well.   The rumors and scandals all run together after awhile.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

As a Texas native living in DC, I would like to criticize Joe's accent parodies.  I feel like I am entitled to complain since Texas is at least partly Southern.  I don't like people putting on exaggerated accents for fun and entertainment. The reason I don't like it is because people have very messed up ideas from Hollywood, and you are encouraging them to parody a region that is already parodied beyond belief. 

It is not as funny as Joe thinks. I feel like he has some inferiority about being from the South and being in NYC. 

I love Heidi!. She would make a great co host with Willie. I find it annoying that Joe's daily rant takes up 10-15 minutes of the show. The guests have to wait till his rant is over before they are allowed to talk.

Joe has an inferiority complex because he graduated from the University of Alabama.

I think one reason Joe picked Mika to be his co host is because she came from an elite Washington DC family.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

I think the idea that Barron lives with his grandparents (in Maryland?) started with one of Michael Wolfe's books.  The book also hinted that Melania lives there, at least part-time, too.  Take from this what you will - Michael Wolfe is the author; I don't remember how reliable his information was - I don't think it was sourced all that well.   The rumors and scandals all run together after awhile.  

It's common knowledge that Barron lives with his grandparents and goes to school in New Jersey. Even Melania doesn't live with Trump. She has her own suite on a separate floor of the White House.

• Love 4

Just now Mika said "he (Trump) is so distrustful around the world". How can someone commenting on current events be so inaccurate in stating simple concepts?

A few days ago someone on MSNBC pronounced detritus in a way I had never before heard. Check on both the British as well as English conventions and, nope, both have the emphasis on the second syllable. Since I am ranting I might as well continue with a few more. Could someone please learn the difference between demur and demure? Also exaggerate and exacerbate?

Caveat, I was not an English major and was also out of the country the year most grammatical concepts were taught so my speech and writing is far from perfect.

• Love 3

Joe and Mika are in the studio with Willie, John Meacham, Barnicle and Katty Kay.  Joe is wearing the fleece.  WaPo Eugene is on a remote camera.

Joe says that polls show Trump is getting slaughtered in polls in Michigan and Wisconsin.  Joe brings up foreign leaders laughing at Trump this week.  He says Trump is a shallow joke.  Going high, Joe.

Joe believes Trump has done things that are worse than Nixon and Clinton.  He told everyone that Clinton was disbarred by the Supreme Court and the state of Arkansas.  As a lawyer, Joe can tell you that getting disbarred is serious.

Nancy Pelosi yelled at a reporter who asked her if she hates Trump. Mika is happy that Nancy talked about her Catholic faith.  Joe said Nancy cares about kids in cages.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Nancy Pelosi yelled at a reporter who asked her if she hates Trump. Mika is happy that Nancy talked about her Catholic faith.  Joe said Nancy cares about kids in cages.

I actually thought “HoW dArE yOu I aM cAtHoLiC” was one of Pelosi’s most ridiculous moments. It made me cringe. The extent to which religion (read Christianity) enters America political discourse is so uncomfortable to me. Maybe it plays better with Christians. 

• Love 7

Katty Kay looks different from her previous appearance. Fleecy Joe is back. They must be flying back to Florida after the show. Is Joe's private jet called Hair Force one ?

It's hilarious that Joe is quoting a poll that Trump is losing the Midwest by 14 points. That seems to be an outlier. However, as usual Joe loves anything that confirms his talking point that Trump is doomed.

Joe was happy that the world leaders were mocking Trump at Buckingham Palace but went on a tirade in October when baseball fans booed Trump at the Washington Nationals game.

That doesn't make any sense.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, madfortv said:

The discussion with John Kerry on the climate coalition was informative.  I would like to see more such segments.

I wish they would spend half as much time on climate change as they do on MFA. Fixing our health care system is important, but climate change is an unprecedented challenge to civilization.

14 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I would like to criticize Joe's accent parodies.  I feel like I am entitled to complain since Texas is at least partly Southern.  I don't like people putting on exaggerated accents for fun and entertainment.

Normally I agree with this. But I make an exception for Senator Kennedy of Louisiana. It sounds like he cranked his accent up to 11 after switching to the Republican party.

ETA Joe about the tax cut: "The only people who were happy with it were corporations and really, really rich people." 

Dude, you make eight million a year. That's really, really rich by any standard. 

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, rcc said:

He lives with his grandparents? I've never heard that.

I believe they live in Maryland and he stays with them the majority of the time. That's the story Washington Post had last year.  Nothing wrong with that if it's better for him, but for Joe to make comments on what kind of parents they are, as if he has first hand knowledge. 

Joe got his panties in a bunch this morning about what Pelosi said about Bill Clinton's impeachment and that Dems are getting this wrong. 

How would YOU feel if YOU had to testify in court under oath regarding your affair with Mika while you were married to Susan? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Joe said that Elizabeth Warren's poll numbers are falling because she can't explain who willpay for it.

Barnicle started talking about everyone voting on the same day for President. Heilemann said millions vote before election day.

He was mocked with a Hot Take Chyron.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Is there a link?
That woman is limited only by the extent of her ambition.  The next 20 years of her career are only going to go up up up.  I wonder if she needs a manager?

Edited by Landsnark
my first comment came across as gross! sorry
  • Love 2