Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Heilemann said millions vote before election day.

Yes I remember in 2008 early voting in Indpls was a HUGE success. I waited almost an hour to vote.  Didn't mind at all, enjoyed talking to others.  It really does help voter turn out. 

• Love 6

Loved the moment I caught where the guest (forget whom) said that the only people who benefited from the tax cuts were the types sitting there at that table.

Oops...all except the black woman reporter sitting with us anyway they then joked.

Perfectly crystallized how out of touch these people are with most Americans today.

• Love 7

DeBlasio ripped into Bloomberg's record in NYC. Mika looked sad. Why is Joe so quiet?

I thought Joe would fight back & say TV ads on cable TV are the way to win the White House.

Bloomberg ' stop & frisk was a bad idea.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

DeBlasio ripped into Bloomberg's record in NYC. Mika looked sad.

Mika interrupted him when he was laying waste to Stop and Frisk to change the subject about "But don't you think he'd make a good President?"  or something similar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Mike tells a moronic story about knowing someone who knew someone who heard from someone on the upper east side that Melania is a devoted mother.

Almost anyone is a devoted mother, unless there are mental or substance abuse problems.  Also, It's easier with nannys and I imagine they had many of them with Barron. 

Normally I agree with this. But I make an exception for Senator Kennedy of Louisiana. It sounds like he cranked his accent up to 11 after switching to the Republican party.

Heeee.  Kennedy is now practically a cast member of either The Andy Griffith Show or Green Acres.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 12/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, WhineandCheez said:

I wish you could insert GIFs in your post, because I would insert the one with an arrow pointing upward and the girl saying, "ALL THIS"  When Meeka reads an article, and not just the telepromptHer, she is so dramatic and breathey.  It bothers me.  It's like everything is a Trump GOTCHA--yeah right, they got him, yeah sure.

I'm gonna miss Maya Rudolph doing Kamala Harris.  Spot on.

I can't NOT see Maya when I see Kamala. 

I watch this every morning. On Wednesday my husband asked me what's going on with those two? She's always rolling her eyes at him. He goes on these long rants and I just watch her roll her eyes at him. They need to be in a relationship. 

I broke it all down for him and he was shocked that they were still married. 

• Love 5

Joe showed clips of the president talking about areas where there are water restrictions and people have to flush toilets a lot.  Trump said they are changing standards.  Joe asked Jonathan Lemire about toilets.  This is an idiotic topic.  I would say that it's beneath them, but Joe apparently lives in the gutter.  They actually spent several minutes on toilet puns.

Donnie Deutsch was alarmed and thinks the president is out of his mind because the president talked about toilets.  This is moronic.

Joe is yelling about Ted Cruz saying Ukraine interfered in the US election.  Joe thinks no court of law would buy this argument.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

This focus on Joe Biden and his son Hunter is misplaced.  This reminds me about the constant talk about Hillary's emails.  The constant questioning harping on Biden by the press and pundits is really annoying.

Edited by madfortv
Tried to make post more clear.
  • Love 9

Joe said he was right about bringing up Hillary's emails. He said reporters wanted the truth.

Joe is yelling at everyone on the panel that he has an answer for Biden. Biden's son has to answer for what he did in Ukraine. Does Joe not realize that Hunter isn't in shape to answer those questions ?

Why won't the Biden campaign listen to Joe ?.

Harwood said that Joe has a future in politics with his strong defense of Biden.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Biden's son has to answer for what he did in Ukraine

What did he do in Ukraine?  Lobby?  Office work?  Act as a figurehead?  Nothing?  Something?  This smells like Joe wants Trump to win again.

• Love 5

Good for Kirsten Gillibrand. This is the kind of insight and discussion (on Afghanistan in this instance) I want to see from our Senators as I don't want so many crowning themselves to run for President. I sincerely hopes she keeps appearing on these types of shows and giving us her well thought out opinions on other topics for committees on which she is participating. She can continue to build up her resume while providing an authentic, valuable service to our country.

4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe showed clips of the president talking about areas where there are water restrictions and people have to flush toilets a lot.  Trump said they are changing standards.  Joe asked Jonathan Lemire about toilets.  This is an idiotic topic.  I would say that it's beneath them, but Joe apparently lives in the gutter.  They actually spent several minutes on toilet puns.

Twitter was enjoying this over the weekend.  Michael Che on SNL said "if you have to flush your toilet 10 times, might as well just grab whatever's in there and throw it out the window". 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, Queena said:

I broke it all down for him and he was shocked that they were still married. 

I'm surprised one of them hasn't tried to smother the other with a pillow. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

What did he do in Ukraine?  Lobby?  Office work?  Act as a figurehead?  Nothing?  Something?  This smells like Joe wants Trump to win again.

Joe said that Hunter was not qualified to be on the board of the company. Harwood said he was using name to become an influence peddler.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Donny wants Biden to build a brand on strength. He wants him to get mad at everyone like Trump.

Harwood said Trump is weak at dealing with Saudi Arabia & North Korea.

Oh good grief, as Donny's best buds are convicted felons I would most definitely take a pass on any and all of his advice.  I have more than my share of issues with Biden but I beg him do not get involved with DD.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Harwood said that Joe has a future in politics with his strong defense of Biden.

Oh please tell me this did not happen Oakville I beg of you . . . ugh.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, madfortv said:

This focus on Joe Biden and his son Hunter is misplaced.  This reminds me about the constant talk about Hillary's emails.  The constant questioning harping on Biden by the press and pundits is really annoying.

I agree, I am disgusted by those that throw Hunter Biden into the mix in order to muddy the impeachment waters but to be honest I am not sorry that this sort of cronyism is being brought to the surface as this goes beyond the swamp of lobbying and into something that I feel hasn't been highlighted before.  Family members flying under the radar is a serious problem.

• Love 4

Quick question, I tuned in in the middle of a rather spirited discussion between Rev. Al and Susan del Percio regarding I believe Giuliani.  I came in in the middle not sure where it started or ended but Susan was quite pissed at Rev. Al.  Did anyone see this exchange and fill in the blanks please?

4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Joe said that Hunter was not qualified to be on the board of the company

Hey Joe, Arianna Huffington is on the Board of Uber.  Walter Isaacson is on the board of United Continental. Serena Williams is on the Board of Poshmark.  Shaquille O'Neal is on the Board of Papa Johns, after Peyton Manning left.  

You think any of these people know anything about running those companies?  Granted, Biden being on the board of that energy company caused concern due to Joe being VP. But it is not unusual for celebrities or connected people to be on Boards.   

You don't have to be qualified, you just have to be asked. 

I also thought it had been settled that Hunter did nothing wrong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Quick question, I tuned in in the middle of a rather spirited discussion between Rev. Al and Susan del Percio regarding I believe Giuliani.  I came in in the middle not sure where it started or ended but Susan was quite pissed at Rev. Al.  Did anyone see this exchange and fill in the blanks please?

This discussion started about Rudy currently in the Ukraine to get help for 2020 election.  When Donny Deustch  said Rudy did great things during the days of 9/11 but has traded on that good will to this day   Joe disagreed with Donny  and switched it  to Rudy's value on 9/11 not Rudy in Ukraine antics .  Rev. Al then agreed that Rudy did a great job on 9/11 but was not popular before that and unpopular again after the dust settled.  Susan was glaring and said she worked for Rudy for 6 years and he may have been unpopular before 9/11 but he continued being the 9/11 comforting mayor long after the tragedy.  She was  an apologist for Rudy's making money after he left office which many politicians do once free to pursue other jobs.

Edited by Mldyold
clarifying
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Joe & the panel arguing about Rudy's popularity post 9/11 is ridiculous. After any event of that magnitude and tragedy, the country comes together and unites behind leaders, and their faults are forgotten temporarily as we try to heal.  It was Rudy's job to help New York heal, can you imagine the mayor of a city attacked like that NOT attending funerals of the police & fire dept personnel who died?  

Isn't it time for Joe & Mika to go on vacation again? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I also thought it had been settled that Hunter did nothing wrong. 

It was. But Joe wouldn't know that because the only thing he reads are the positive tweets his assistant prints out. There are likely a total of three daily -- all written by Mika's sockpuppets.

18 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

But Joe wouldn't know that because the only thing he reads are the positive tweets his assistant prints out. There are likely a total of three daily -- all written by Mika's sockpuppets.

I was going to say you could write those out on a 2"x2" Post It Note

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh good grief, as Donny's best buds are convicted felons I would most definitely take a pass on any and all of his advice.  I have more than my share of issues with Biden but I beg him do not get involved with DD.

Oh please tell me this did not happen Oakville I beg of you . . . ugh.

Joe got very mad at Donny when he complained that Mayor Giuiliani doesn't deserve all the praise for managing the city through 9-11. Joe said he would not accept those opinions on HIS show. Donny meekly apologized.

Harwood did tell Joe that he has a future in politic & Joe smiled.

Joe's plan is to make Hunter defend his actions in Ukraine. Biden can just tell the press to talk to Hunter.

Joe said Hunter wasn't qualified for the China investment fund he got to manage or the other international deal he was involved in. It wasn't illegal but it was bad optics.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said Hunter wasn't qualified for the China investment fund he got to manage or the other international deal he was involved in. It wasn't illegal but it was bad optics.

Joe isn't qualified to run a lemonade stand. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe isn't qualified to run a lemonade stand. 

Joe is a thought provoking leader whose views on many subjects are considered to be inspirational for his 2.6 million followers on twitter.

Joe's music is very popular on Spotify  & is used by the military as a means of extracting intelligence information from prisoners of war in several countries.

• LOL 10
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe got very mad at Donny when he complained that Mayor Giuiliani doesn't deserve all the praise for managing the city through 9-11. Joe said he would not accept those opinions on HIS show. Donny meekly apologized.

I caught that "his show" dig....though technically probably true....still a douchey thing to say...no surprise 

Edited by HC87
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, HC87 said:

I caught that "his show" dig....though technically probably too....still a douchey thing to say...no surprise 

And that is why we used to call this show "Morning Douche" ... does anyone remember that?  Were those Television Without Pity days?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Rudy told people that the air quality in southern Manhattan was fine a week after Sept. 11. 

People are still dying from that decision.

Did Joe even live in the northeast back then? I lived in the city back then and it is always striking how the national memory of that incident differs from those that experienced it. 

• Love 6

Mika and Joe are joined by Willie, Noah Rothman and WaPo Eugene.  The top story is articles of impeachment.  The president will be charged with obstruction of justice and abuse of power.

Joe says Republicans are chasing their tails.  Joe bitched about the Justice Department IG report, which was released yesterday.  The attorney general disputes some of the report. The report is more than 400 pages. 

Come on, I seriously doubt that either Joe or Mika read the report.  Mika is just staring and nodding. If they are going to talk about the report, they should highlight specific parts to support the arguments.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika and Joe are joined by Willie, Noah Rothman and WaPo Eugene.  The top story is articles of impeachment.  The president will be charged with obstruction of justice and abuse of power.

Joe says Republicans are chasing their tails.  Joe bitched about the Justice Department IG report, which was released yesterday.  The attorney general disputes some of the report. The report is more than 400 pages. 

Come on, I seriously doubt that either Joe or Mika read the report.  Mika is just staring and nodding. If they are going to talk about the report, they should highlight specific parts to support the arguments.

I find it interesting that they didn't bother to show the NBC News report from last night which provided a comprehensive analysis of the IG report.

Mika is still in NY as she recovers from watching her daughter participate in the NY 1/2 marathon.

Noah is right that the GOP's expectations on the IG report have fallen short.

• Love 2

Wow. Literally tearing into Elizabeth Warren for representing corporations in her past. Steve Schmidt calls her a serial liar, but of course, he's decided he should have a big voice on who should be the Democratic nominee, just because he doesn't like Trump. (Who cares who actual Democrats want.) And, when we do have a new Democratic president, he will be right back to attacking that person and saying a Republican should be president.

• Love 3

I switched on Show this morning, well into the 7:00 hour; so I missed the Big Story of the 6:00 hour.  What I did see was a long panel bash of Elizabeth Warren and her legal work from years ago. And of course, Medicare for All.  Even Steve Schmidt piled on.  Ha!    I switched to CNN and there was a former FBI Head-of-Something who gave a clear analysis of the report from yesterday.  But best thing...they had poinsettias decorating the set!  No nook!  Calm, clear and interesting analysis (especially of the Ivanka/Steele friendship).  Have The Twins touched on that?  Honestly, at this point it seems I hate watch.  I know!  I watch for Clint Watts - who is aging wonderfully.  I think he has switched to contacts; I liked the glasses.  Sigh.

• Love 3

While Steve Schmidt went way, way overboard on his comments regarding Elizabeth Warren's honesty, he put his finger on what has been off putting about her to me.  I could never figure it out though I was always supportive of her as a Senator. It is about a sense of entitlement that is grating.

Did I miss something this morning? I expected more discussion regarding the impeachment hearing yesterday.  It was touched on earlier but did not seem to be given much focus.  Then again, maybe I was reading something on the internet and zoned out during that segment.  LOL.

Edited by madfortv
Fixed misspelled word.
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Wow. Literally tearing into Elizabeth Warren for representing corporations in her past. Steve Schmidt calls her a serial liar, but of course, he's decided he should have a big voice on who should be the Democratic nominee, just because he doesn't like Trump. (Who cares who actual Democrats want.) And, when we do have a new Democratic president, he will be right back to attacking that person and saying a Republican should be president.

I’m not one to claim misogyny willy-nilly, but the criticism of Warren today was so gendered and so out of control I came here directly to post about it. She was characterized as righteous, hypocritical, and everything but shrill. All for having the audacity to be a woman who - gasp - makes money in her field of expertise.  You expect it from the guys, but Claire and Mika should be ashamed of themselves.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Thank you, I have thought the same thing.  I am tuning into the 8:00 hour, thinking I will hear discussion of yesterday's hearings.  Doesn't the 8:00 hour repeat the 6:00?  I know the IG report is huge, but I was expecting discussion of yesterday's hearings.  Especially Joe taking the opportunity to adopt his nasal twang.  Well, it is early in the 8:00 hour.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Schmidt lost a lot of credibility for managing Howard Schultz's campaign.

Barnicle said that people like Joe Biden.

Jim Messina called him Uncle Joe.

• Love 3
Just now, oakville said:

Schmidt lost a lot of credibility for managing Howard Schultz's campaign.

Well notice how Steve immediately began attacking Warren's position on Medicare for All. "It'll never happen! It'll never pass!" He was practically shrill. It's not about being a "serial liar"; it's about her policies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

When Mika was speaking to Peter Bergen re Trump's management style, did I hear her say "Trump likes to keep people on the edge of their sheets".   I swear that's what she said. 

Which, if she meant to say edge of their seats, that doesn't even apply. That phrase refers to a thrilling book or movie, or a true life story, not an employer who tries to make his employees feel like they could be fired at any minute.  Off balance, anxious, worried, fearful, etc. is what you're looking for Meeks. 

Oh STFU about Joe's album (I'm typing as I listen in real time). Joe released a Christmas album??  Are you kidding me? 

I give up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, but I can't with this show today.   This was not regular tv pundit criticism of a candidate (Warren), this was venom from a few, at least in my opinion.  I cannot believe Meeka and Claire McCaskill can sit there and say nothing; I think a lot of this boils down to plain old sexism from a group of rich, entitled "celebrities".  Steve Schmidt (who has run a couple losing campaigns) was out-of-control...and it has made me turn off of him, probably for good.  And I so looked forward to his rants on Nicole's show.  I wonder what it is like to live with him?  Maybe like living with Joe - who almost seemed mild by comparison.  This show oozes testosterone.  Maybe it should be moved to ESPN.  Winning.

• LOL 5

I find it interesting that they didn't bother to show the NBC News report from last night which provided a comprehensive analysis of the IG report.

Mika is still in NY as she recovers from watching her daughter participate in the NY 1/2 marathon.

Noah is right that the GOP's expectations on the IG report have fallen short.

Thanks for this info.  Due to holiday season planning and travel, I am having a hard time following all of the coverage of the hearings.  I guess I can't rely on these two. 

Joe should have turned the IG thing over to Willie this morning.  Willie really cuts to the point.  Joe uses his rants as a crutch when he is not prepared.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nidratime said:

Well notice how Steve immediately began attacking Warren's position on Medicare for All. "It'll never happen! It'll never pass!" He was practically shrill. It's not about being a "serial liar"; it's about her policies.

Schmidt made several criticisms of Elizabeth Warren. He claimed that she was trying to game the system by telling Harvard that she was a native American & that her children attended public schools.

He aid she would lose a debate with Trump .

5 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Thanks for this info.  Due to holiday season planning and travel, I am having a hard time following all of the coverage of the hearings.  I guess I can't rely on these two. 

Joe should have turned the IG thing over to Willie this morning.  Willie really cuts to the point.  Joe uses his rants as a crutch when he is not prepared.

Willie did a much better job explaining the IG report.

Mika ran the half marathon with her daughter & her daughter's friend.

Her daughter's friend works for Nicole Wallace.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kemper said:
13 hours ago, HC87 said:

I caught that "his show" dig....though technically probably too....still a douchey thing to say...no surprise 

And that is why we used to call this show "Morning Douche" ... does anyone remember that?  Were those Television Without Pity days?

I do recall calling him Doucheborough. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I agree, I am disgusted by those that throw Hunter Biden into the mix in order to muddy the impeachment waters but to be honest I am not sorry that this sort of cronyism is being brought to the surface as this goes beyond the swamp of lobbying and into something that I feel hasn't been highlighted before.  Family members flying under the radar is a serious problem.

I can’t take their outrage over Hunter seriously when they do not mention the Trump kids and Kushner.  Or all of Trump and Ivanka’s Chinese patents mysteriously bestowed during his presidency.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9