Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Ok I turn it on and within minutes Joe is spouting, "You gotta put the wheat where the goats can get it."  huh?  I listened for 10 minutes more to what pretty much sounded like if you made  Joe's statements into Magnetic Poetry. (which would be awesome to have, I'll admit)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe forgets Corbyn was HIGHLY unpopular, and that the US is not Great Britain. 

Just go ahead and move over there so you & Tits McFacelift can walk across Abbey Road barefoot for the cover of your next "album" and then Paul & Ringo can sue your stupid ass. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe agreed to stay in NY . Joe refused to wear a tie.

Are they staying in NY because of what's going on in DC, or because Andy Lack tightened his grip on Joe's leash?  I don't see what difference it makes they suck no matter where they are. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Are they staying in NY because of what's going on in DC, or because Andy Lack tightened his grip on Joe's leash?  I don't see what difference it makes they suck no matter where they are. 

Joe is probably working with his band on an album for Valentine's Day.

I think Andy & the MSNBC executives are afraid of Joe. Morning Joe is a profitable show for the network.

Joe's opinions are widely respected around the world & retweeted by several hundred people per day.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika & Joe's motorcade to the airport frequently blocks traffic from Rockefeller Plaza to the airport. This is one reason why Joe stays in Florida. It reduces congestion in NYC & helps reduce carbon emissions.

Joe has requested that a helipad be installed where the ice rink is at Rockfeller Plaza. Fans could watch the first couple of Cable News depart for Florida. It would be much more popular than the skating rink & Christmas Tree that is put in the Plaza.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

On today's show they discussed the Marquette poll which showed Trump tied or slightly ahead in Wisconsin. A few days ago, Trump was losing Wisconsin by 13 points.

Joe gets hyper today & warn Democrats not to nominate Warren or Sanders, yet 2 days ago every Democrat candidate was winning by a large margin.

Joe should calm down. None of these polls are definitive at this date.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

It look likes Joe & Mika stayed in NY for a show Christmas Party.

Joe bragged about the how's record ratings & trashed Trump for not being a real Billionaire.

Mika said that Bloomberg was richer than Trump.

I can't begin to imagine what a nightmare Meeka was in high school....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe-Joes:

A reminder - we discuss the show, not personal politics.  A few posts were removed over the past few days.  Kitty Mod ( @PrincessPurrsALot) and Mod in search of an island full of toys ( @Giant Misfit) have lightened up on warnings, preferring to redirect as needed.  Please be aware of the rules regarding political discussion.  KYV - snark the show (something at which you all excel). Don't KYW - know your warnings.  There's not enough emotional support cake for that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 12/13/2019 at 7:30 AM, Kemper said:

The exhausting discussion of polls - am I the only one who cannot cannot stand it anymore?.  I noticed that Joe and John Heileman made sure to include Bernie in with "the Left is going to lead us all to doom" - so they could not be accused of Warren bashing again.   But they could not resist crowing that The Left was responsible for Boris Johnson winning; they apparently scared everyone.

I agree. I think the polls are a filler when they don't have the guests or preparation for more complex topics. I sometimes think that the polls are a way for them to drive home their own personal point of view. 

Joe could be using his background in law to bring some in-depth analysis of the impeachment arguments, but the poll thing is easier and can be compiled by the staff without any input by Mika and Joe.

• Love 7

I have always liked the Castro brothers but Julian's comments this morning shocked me. First he compared "voter suppression" to the voting order of states for the Presidential primaries and then spoke as if the requirements for eligibility into debates have been changing.  Fortunately another panel member pushed back saying that the requirements were set ahead of the debates.  Everyone knew the rules up front. The solution for dealing with a large number of candidates has not worked the way it was intended but it seemed to be a sincere attempt. Also, I remember people complaining about the state voting order in past election years.  Did Julian and others bring up any concerns about this prior to the debates? 

I definitely agree that something else needs to be done but work on a better strategy to support diversity instead of sowing sour grapes.  I didn't like the solution Joe suggested to rotate states every 4 years. Perhaps 3 or 4 states should go at same time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It is my most fervent wish that campaign season was 6 weeks long, one primary for everyone at the same time with ranked choice voting.  Then another 6 weeks for the general election.  Poof, done.  Other countries do it!  Why do we need campaign cycles that last 2-4 years?!  Oh, I know why.  Money, money, money on advertising and other campaign spending.  And to give Joes and Mikas endless time to talk about polls and bullshit instead of actual news and journalism.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

Mika was excited that Barnicle's wife who is the Vice Chairman of Bank of America is ranked as one of the world's most powerful women. She looks like Mika. Mika is proud of her.

Donny Deutshe was on the show . He wants the Democrats to do better branding about impeachment. He wants them to charge Trump with bribery & extortion.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Donny Deutshe was on the show . He wants the Democrats to do better branding about impeachment. He wants them to charge Trump with bribery & extortion.

Then Donny should have read the report issued by the Judiciary Committee today.  I know it's too much to ask that anyone on this show actually read any of the official documents, but the report states that Trump violated bribery and wire fraud statutes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Donny is such a one note character. Everything is about branding. (Which makes sense given his background.)

Oh, people have a ton of student debt? They need to brand better!

Oh, people are having problems paying for their prescriptions? They need to brand better!

You know, the whole key to solving this climate change thing is branding.

And what makes it more maddening is that he talks as if he is the only one who has ever thought about marketing policy proposals.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 7

Mika and Joe are in the studio. Mika read articles about Rudy Guiliani and Marie Yovanovitch.  Joe said Rudy G was desperate for attention. 

Mika asked John Meacham whether there is any parallel in history.  Mika said Americans are so shocked that everything goes right by them.  That makes no sense, Mika.

John Meacham says people are tired of impeachment, but it is about the Constitution and the facts.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2

They showed video of Rep. Elissa Slotkin at a town hall.  Joe said he was a leader when he was in Congress, and people respected him for showing up and defending his views.  Willie said some Dems may lose seats.

A WaPo poll showed 49 percent of those polled support impeachment.  The poll director from WaPo was interviewed about the poll.  

The headline says the polls show a partisan stalemate.  Well, duh, morons. What's next - breaking analysis of how each party will vote?

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Mika got a new dress which looks like  a polka dot japanese kimona.

Joe warned Susan Collins that he has to attend a town hall to explain her vote on impeachment.

Mika & Joe get very physically close to each other when they are in the breakfast nook.

It's too bad that they can't expand the breakfast nook to have more room to do interviews with guests .

It's a nice time of the year to visit Jupiter Florida, so it wouldn't be hard to get guests to show up.

Joe is happy that the good reviews for Star Wars. Willie is a traditionalist who likes Empire Strikes back. Mika does not like Star Wars or Star Trek. Mika kept sighing throughout the conversation.

Joe started impersonating Yoda.

Joe liked the Force Awakens. Joe likes Rogue 1. Joe liked the Last Jedi.

Mika is making faces throughout this segment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika and Joe are in the studio. Mika read articles about Rudy Guiliani and Marie Yovanovitch.  Joe said Rudy G was desperate for attention. 

Are we sure about that?  When they did a shot of Willie & the Guests, they weren't at the table. 

I was wondering if they had a new set built in the basement so it "looks" like they're on set in NYC. Unless they're in DC and the rest are in NYC. 

12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika does not like Star Wars or Star Trek. Mika kept sighing throughout the conversation.

Joe started impersonating Yoda.

Joe liked the Force Awakens. Joe likes Rogue 1.

Fuck off Mika. It would be different it you were an intellectual, but you're just a stupid twit who can't even enjoy a Star Wars movie.  What in God's name does she do as a hobby other than eat cake and figure out ways to scam other stupid rich white women? 

I agree with Joe, Rogue One, was fantastic, it's my favorite followed by Force Awakens. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

John Meacham says people are tired of impeachment, but it is about the Constitution and the facts.

What facts or polls show this, Meacham?  Every poll says people are holding steady on their support for impeachment and removal from office, and support has grown since October when the hearings first started, including in the WaPo and Fox polls.  There has been no erosion of support. 

Maybe people are tired of pundits telling them what they think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, izabella said:

What facts or polls show this, Meacham?  Every poll says people are holding steady on their support for impeachment and removal from office, and support has grown since October when the hearings first started, including in the WaPo and Fox polls.  There has been no erosion of support. 

Maybe people are tired of pundits telling them what they think.

What poll is this?  "John Meacham Stir up Shit to make himself sound important and more knowledgeable than those of us who really do care what happens to the country" poll?  

Who did he poll? Mika? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Are we sure about that?  When they did a shot of Willie & the Guests, they weren't at the table. 

I was wondering if they had a new set built in the basement so it "looks" like they're on set in NYC. Unless they're in DC and the rest are in NYC. 

They are in Florida today. Joe does not like the cold weather.

1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

Sweet Mother of God.  Does Yoda by any chance sound like a Southern Auctioneer?

But did it come with a Unitarian scarf??!!

Joe's Yoda impersonation is pretty good.

Sadly, Mika is not wearing a Unitarian scarf

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Mika's constant sighing and expressions of disapproval when Joe, Willie, etc. discussed Star Wars is truly ridiculous.  Is it too much to ask that they be allowed to have a five minute conservation during a 3-hour show on something that is currently in the news but not political?  It is the last Skywalker movie, after all.  After they finished talking, Mika made some comment about the last five minutes "being completely unnecessary."  She comes across as such a sour puss.  I can't image being around her with her extreme dislike of movies, pop culture, sports, etc. and not having her work my last nerve.  She does it just by my watching her on television, it's got to be 100 times worse in person.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I hear ya on "taking a break" on more serious subjects for a 3 hour tour....but, tuning in this morning at 6:30 or so, I missed the first installment, and all I got for 15 minutes on the day before a President will be impeached for only the 3rd time in over 200 years, was "Star Wars" chatter before then going to a break.

History is going to laugh at us....as well they should.

Edited by HC87
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Yeah, who the hell knows?  They were in some studio somewhere.  Apparently they go out of their way to look like they are in DC or NY, even when they are in Florida.  Oakville knows all of the sets.

• Love 2

Mika's constant sighing and expressions of disapproval when Joe, Willie, etc. discussed Star Wars is truly ridiculous.

Especially since her own contributions to the discourse are so devoid of any content. She's basically a puppet of the control room. Does it appear that Joe is beginning to tire of her now that she has turned into a school marm and is no longer the "hot" co-anchor?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Joe said Donald Trump's whole life is explained by the fact that he is an "outer burroughs guy."   Joe is full of crap.  Plenty of people work their way up and are not defined by geography. 

Joe is so simplistic.  The guy is president,  Alabama Joe, even if you don't like him.   How would Joe like it if someone said his whole life is explained by living in Alabama? 

I think that Joe tries to cater to NY politics and media people and pander to his idea of NY "cool."  In my opinion, it's better when people don't try to do class analysis because it inevitably comes off as snotty.

Mika used the word "momentous."   She earned her money today.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe said Donald Trump's whole life is explained by the fact that he is an "outer burroughs guy."   Joe is full of crap.  Plenty of people work their way up and are not defined by geography. 

Joe got that from Donny, who has said it a number of times on the show and is also an outer boroughs guy. As outer borough born and bred, it’s insulting to have Trump’s psychopathy laid at the feet  of an accident of birth. It also demonstrates the Manhattan media elite thinking Joe is always decrying. Joe, a hypocrite?  Hm. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Yeah, who the hell knows?  They were in some studio somewhere.  Apparently they go out of their way to look like they are in DC or NY, even when they are in Florida.  Oakville knows all of the sets.

It's a national security issue. There has to be multiple studios made available for Mika & Joe to host from in the event of a national disaster. In addition, given Mika & Joe's numerous vanity projects, it makes sense for them to be able to broadcast from multiple locations.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe agreed to fly to Washington today for the Impeachment vote. The whole crew was on set with them. It's very rare for Joe to fly to Washington.

The first topic of discussion was the Irishman!. There were discussions of whether you watch it in 2 sittings or not. The movie 3.5 hours long. Mika got frustrated with the topic and warned the guests not to discuss Star Wars.

Mika & Joe sat very closely together.

Katty Kay's eyebrows are a medical marvel.

Joe is happy that Democrats in Trump districts are voting to impeach Trump.

Trump will have a rally in Michigan tonight.

Joe's hair color was colored a bit darker than usual in light of the historic event to show gravitas.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

And I thought impeachment was going to be the most shocking thing of the day but I think the last hour being live tops it and bonus points I see the mister has dragged his sorry ass up to NYC.  Breaking news!

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Katty Kay's eyebrows are a medical marvel.

Oh phooey, now this I am sorry I missed . . . 😉

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

And I thought impeachment was going to be the most shocking thing of the day but I think the last hour being live tops it and bonus points I see the mister has dragged his sorry ass up to NYC.  Breaking news!

Oh phooey, now this I am sorry I missed . . . 😉

They are in Washington DC.

Joe said that Trump is behaving like Pablo Escobar in Narcos. Trump is mad at the establishment.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:20 AM, oakville said:

Mika got a new dress which looks like  a polka dot japanese kimona.

Oh I am sorry I missed this ensemble as I was just thinking how dowdy she looks especially today.  Her outfit looks like it needs a nap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe sat very closely together.

SNORT, I just bounced back for a bit and seriously it's like they duct taped their chairs together.  Mika is sitting there staring directly into Joe's ear canal looking like the RCA dog.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Her outfit looks like it needs a nap.

As does Low Energy Mika.  She has said this four times for the last four guests:
"Ok [title, name] Thank you VERY MUCH [kicks to commercial]"  I had to laugh out loud the last two times she did it.
Yes, it's minor, but it shows how totally unengaged she is with the conversation and the show's content.  She can't add, she isn't listening.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I haven't seen Heidi P in awhile (VS listening to her)  Has she lost a bunch of weight?  She looks so different.

Has Kasey (insert lightening bolt) delivered yet?  Has Mika announced how many centimeters Kasey is dilated???

Heidi has been doing some terrific reporting these past few weeks so clearly she has distanced herself from Scoop Brzezinski-Scarborough and come up for some real air.  And yes Kasie is now the proud mom to a lovely baby boy:

NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent Kasie Hunt and "Meet the Press" senior digital producer Matt Rivera were thrilled to welcome their new baby boy, Mars Hunt Rivera, on Sept. 4, 2019.NBC News

Ah Mr. Mathews will be anchoring the impeachment coverage . . . must see TV! 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe is bragging that he was responsible because he only voted for 2 articles of impeachment.

He was primaried but won win 80% of the vote.

Joe said his town halls were packed & everyone loved hearing his views even though some people disagreed with him.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1