Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Schmidt made several criticisms of Elizabeth Warren. He claimed that she was trying to game the system by telling Harvard that she was a native American & that her children attended public schools.

Do you mean he said her kids attended PRIVATE schools?  Attending public schools is no big outcry.  When that whole Native American thing in her college years came out, it was specifically said that she got no awards or entrees because she checked off that box SO SUCK IT MIKE

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Do you mean he said her kids attended PRIVATE schools?  Attending public schools is no big outcry.  When that whole Native American thing in her college years came out, it was specifically said that she got no awards or entrees because she checked off that box SO SUCK IT MIKE

I think one of sons attended a private school for a few years but she claimed that all the kids attended public schools. She should have clarified her position.

• Love 3

Mika is in the studio with Willie and Elyse.  Joe was late.  They started with a summary of yesterday's events including the president's rally in PA and the articles of impeachment. They showed an interview of Bill Barr and Pete Williams.  Bill Barr said there was electronic surveillance of the Trump campaign.  Joe says a lot of people connected to Trump committed crimes.   Joe talked about Russia and autocrats and said Trump wants unlimited power under the Constitution.

I think this is the go to subject when they don't prepare for the show.  It seems to me the top story today should be the articles of impeachment.  

Next, polls show Biden leading in Iowa.  Joe says Biden could make a statement by winning there.  So now he is back on the Biden train.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
On 12/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, teddysmom said:

Twitter was enjoying this over the weekend.  Michael Che on SNL said "if you have to flush your toilet 10 times, might as well just grab whatever's in there and throw it out the window". 

I'm surprised one of them hasn't tried to smother the other with a pillow. 

Joe loves his rants. He rants so much that even I think that he's taunting Trump. I guess if Trump tweets about you ratings go up. 

I do love my morning joe with Morning Joe. 

I'll see my way out for that bad pun. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe is happy that Biden is holding his own in Iowa. Joe is happy that Warren is plummeting.

Joe said older African Americans still support Joe.

Adrienne always start her comments with "Yo are exactly right Joe!".

She looks like a younger version of Mika. Could she be the next Mrs Scarborough ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Today I only saw a brief bit of the show and, LUCKY ME, it was the segment before commercial where Mika got to shill Joe's new album ... AVAILABLE ON SPOTIFY! ... with the soon-to-be-classic holiday tune, "I Don't Want to Go Home for Christmas." 

Irony of that title aside, this asshole (Joe, not his wife) builds himself up as some sort of gold standard of broadcasters and then sends his wife out to plug his vanity side hustle while he's probably standing over in the corner by the bathroom pulling the sides of his mouth wider with his fingers trying to get Mika to smile more? And his "Know Your Value" wife glowingly endorses this like some 10th grader bragging to her friends that her boyfriend is in a band? 

The two of them are complete embarrassments. I just don't see how or why anyone would take them, or anything they say, seriously.

From what I gather from people I follow on Twitter, Jon Favreau (the speechwriter not the director/actor) Soledad O'Brien,  that interview they did with Katie Couric, etc.  looks like a lot of people think they're idiots. 

It must be sad to be so desperate to be on tv that Barnicle, Elise, and the rest of the regular "guests" subject themselves to this cluster fuck. Or they're just as pathetic a bunch of famewhores as Joe & Mika and have no shame. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

Mika supported Greta Thurnberg as Time's person of the year. Mika also likes Lizzo the singer.

Joe's Christmas Album is number one at Guantanamo Bay. Joe will be performing there over the holidays.

Mika wanted Nancy Pelosi to be Woman of the Year.

Mika wants to write a book with Greta on Climate Change & how it affect women.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

It must be sad to be so desperate to be on tv that Barnicle, Elise, and the rest of the regular "guests" subject themselves to this cluster fuck.

I don't know about Elise, but plagiarist Barnicle has nowhere else to go.  Who would want him?

• Love 7

Barnacle has been a fame whore since writing for the Boston Globe in the 1970s. His schtick hasn't changed in 40+ years.

Favreau is a fellow HC alumnus....nice to see the shoutout here.

Didn't watch today...assuming I missed nothing 😀

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, HC87 said:

Didn't watch today...assuming I missed nothing 😀

Mika still pushing Joe's Christmas album and single "I Don't Want to Go Home for Christmas", apparently written when Susan found out about Mika. 

• LOL 9

The top story is impeachment.  They ran video of the House Judiciary Committee debate.  They showed both Republicans and Democrats.  Mika made faces and acted disgusted by Jim Jordan.  She must practice her faces in the mirror. 

Joe laughed at Jim Jordan saying that Dems know they cannot win flyover states.  Joe said that Republican talk about flyover states not liking the Dems is garbage.  Joe said he invented the concept of the "flyover state."  He knows this game. Ego much, Joe?  Willie said it is an argument about different cultures.

John Meacham lectured the panel about the history of conflicts between working class and elite groups.  I love how confused everyone looks when Meacham gets going. 

Joe said the president is afraid because he cannot beat Joe Biden.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

Adrieene is surprised that Warren is in 4th place in NH. Mayor Pete is leading with 18% in NH.

Joe is happy that Biden is in second place with 17%.

Joe said he was right about Biden being popular.

Adrienne said " You are so right Joe" for the 15th time in a row that she has been on the how.

Mika wondered if Deval Patrick is still running for President.

Susan Fereccio reminded viewers that NH is an open primary. Republicans can vote.

They will support Biden or Mayor Pete.

Eddie Glaude said that Sanders ha a good ground game in NH.

Mika said that Politico is reporting that Biden would only serve for one term.

• Love 3

Joe is now doing impersonations of Mayor Quimby on the Simpsons.

I wonder what other TV personalities that Joe will impersonate today.

MSNBC is becoming the place for impersonations!.

Do other MSNBC anchors impersonate people on their shows ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Several months ago, I got really tired of this show especially the frequency of repeat segments.  Lately, I am enjoying it more.  I was away for several weeks but don't think coming back is the reason.  This may be a holiday glitch.  It will probably be back to the status quo for me in the new year.  I live in Ohio and especially enjoyed the take on Jim Jordan.

• Love 4

Susan Fereccio

Do you mean Susan Del Percio?

I like her. I don't agree with some of her positions, but she is a straight shooter.

Eddie Glaude said that Sanders ha a good ground game in NH.

Eddie Glaude can get right off my TV with his sanctimonious carping about the current administration. He actively spoke against the Democratic nominee in 2016 and went so far as to publicly state he would not be voting for her in the general. So as far as I am concerned he has sacrificed all moral high ground.

Edited by Eliot
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, Eliot said:

He actively spoke against the Democratic nominee in 2016 and went so far as to publicly state he would not be voting for her in the general.

Wow, I didn't know that.  

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Do you mean Susan Del Percio?

I like her. I don't agree with some of her positions, but she is a straight shooter.

Eddie Glaude can get right off my TV with his sanctimonious carping about the current administration. He actively spoke against the Democratic nominee in 2016 and went so far as to publicly state he would not be voting for her in the general. So as far as I am concerned he has sacrificed all moral high ground.

Yes, it was Del Percio not Fereccio.

I agree with you about Eddie Glaude. He was bragging about not voting for Hillary in 2016 because he lived in Connecticut which is a reliably "Blue State" so it didn't make a difference.

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika got upset when Willie & Joe called Die Hard a Christmas movie.

It is actually considered a Christmas movie, Mika. 

That's okay, I get upset when people call you a professional.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika started talking about getting fired from CBS for her KYV segment. She said she internalized the pain.

Jesus Christ on a cracker it was like 20 years ago, let it go. 

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika got upset when Willie & Joe called Die Hard a Christmas movie.

Mika did not like the movie.

Screw Mika's movie opinions. She just wants to be the contrarian. Next week she will be arguing that the first two Godfather movies were too violent.

(Die Hard is a Christmas movie.) 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, xaxat said:

Screw Mika's movie opinions. She just wants to be the contrarian. Next week she will be arguing that the first two Godfather movies were too violent.

(Die Hard is a Christmas movie.) 

Mika already told Joe that he did not like the Godfather movies. Joe said on the show that he showed her the movies & she predicted that there would be a lot of violence.

Mika did not like those movies & Joe ended up sleeping in the guest bedroom  where the Morning Joe production crew normally stays.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said that 2020 will be the last competitive race between the GOP & the Democrats due to demographic changes.

That’s why they’re gerrymandering (and being successful with it). Does he not read anything?

• Love 4

The top story is losses for the Labour Party in the UK. Mika watched election coverage on BBC and thought it was slow.  I'm sure the BBC will take her criticism to heart.  Has she watched MSNBC in the middle of the day?

Katty Kay said Brexit took over the election. People switched to the Conservatives because they will effectuate Brexit. 

• Love 3

The Judiciary Committee delayed the vote on the articles of impeachment.  There will be a vote today at 10 am.  A 23-17 vote is expected.  On Wednesday, the full House will vote.

Peter Baker from the NYT joined the panel.  He has an article about the president's humiliation.  Baker said the Senate will acquit.  Joe laughed about the president tweeting about impeachment. He looks like an ass when he sits there laughing during impeachment coverage. 

Willie and John Heilman agreed about the outcome in the Senate.  Heilman thinks they should have added more articles to the impeachment case.  Joe talked about Stormy Daniels.  He said payments to her were a crime. He suggested impeachment themes such as "Stormy Daniels week" and "Sergei Labrov week."  I think Joe is pissed that people don't hang on every media opinion anymore. Joe thinks he is Peter Jennings.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe talked about Stormy Daniels.  He said payments to her were a crime.

I could have slugged practically all of them this morning.  What's Pelosi supposed to do?  She's not going to convince any more people about his misdeeds, criminal or otherwise as you can tell by the practically glacial polls.  Oh yes Joe, let's have a Stormy Daniels week because that month went so well in 2016 didn't it?

I am thankful for Geoff Bennett explaining what happened last night (especially cramming in those last minute amendments and then wanting to go to the party).  I've worked plenty of 14+ hour days so I would have been glad to be able to sleep on a decision like that instead of the usual plowing through.  Good on Nadler for that.  No wonder Collins was extra screechy, he wanted to party . . . 🎉🎈

Oh good, up next more poll numbers . . . have a good weekend everybody . . . . click.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Oh, they just played “Hail Britannia” as they went to break.  I think Joe had requested the national anthem about two minutes ago?   Close, but not the actual anthem.  Poor Britannia. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The exhausting discussion of polls - am I the only one who cannot cannot stand it anymore?.  I noticed that Joe and John Heileman made sure to include Bernie in with "the Left is going to lead us all to doom" - so they could not be accused of Warren bashing again.   But they could not resist crowing that The Left was responsible for Boris Johnson winning; they apparently scared everyone.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

The top story is losses for the Labour Party in the UK. Mika watched election coverage on BBC and thought it was slow.  I'm sure the BBC will take her criticism to heart.  Has she watched MSNBC in the middle of the day?

Katty Kay said Brexit took over the election. People switched to the Conservatives because they will effectuate Brexit. 

Joe also impersonated the BBC presenters for being boring & made fun of the names of the constituencies. Joe mocked Surrey on Tuffington.

Mika & Joe agreed to stay in NY . Joe refused to wear a tie.

• Love 1