Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Chill out, dude, it's only 6:30 in the morning.   You've got a long day ahead of you.

Well, it is Joe so it's really not that long.

Right now Mika is talking about how on KYV today. they are talking about the value of pets.  Pets. Yes, having a rescue dog will help you grab that 7 million dollar salary...

Chill out, dude, it's only 6:30 in the morning.  

Ok when they were talking about OXFORD GRADUATE (head is spinning here..)Joe Kennedy  why didn't Joe use his trademarked Dumb Southerner accent?  (Unless I was rinsing my hair and missed it????)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I watched the first fifteen minutes today. I found myself actively wondering what the guests were thinking about while waiting for Joe to wrap up his opening rant.

Al: Yogurt sounds good for breakfast, but what kind of fruit? Berries?

Lemire: Note to self, don't forget to stop by the dry cleaners. I only have one clean shirt left.

Oh, he's done "Joe, you are so right."

Click.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Joe is happy that Elizabeth Warren is dropping in the polls. Joe said no one likes her Medicare For All plan.

Kornacki called Sanders the forgotten man.

Joe said Biden has a lock on African American voters in South Carolina.

• Love 4

Joe said that Mayor Pete's sexual orientation is a turn off for older African Americans.

Al Sharpton said that there are white voters that don't like Mayor Pete's sexual orientation as well.

Joe said that Pete is not popular in Black churches.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

the man from Jupiter Florida

Joe would play himself in the role, in a southern accent of course.  He'd also write and direct and score it himself.  He's this generation's Atticus Finch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

face the wrath of the man from Jupiter Florida.

I don't know why, but your phrasing made me flash to a now-obscure person from the 1950s.  His name was Laurence Johnson, and he was a supermarket owner in Syracuse, NY.  That's all he was.  Yet he wielded enormous influence over what was allowed on television, because he threatened massive boycotts by his fellow advertisers if certain "undesirable" performers (i.e., suspected Commie pinkos, with or without evidence) were allowed on the air.  Most people think of the HUAC hearings or Joe McCarthy when they think of the blacklist, and yet the man from Syracuse, NY had as much to do with keeping innocent people off the air as anyone in Congress.  

Joe would be and should be nothing but an obscure ex-Congresscritter from Jupiter, FL.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe would play himself in the role, in a southern accent of course.  He'd also write and direct and score it himself.  He's this generation's Atticus Finch.

Joe was working on "Trump the Musical" to compete with Lin Miranda's Hamilton.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I don't know why, but your phrasing made me flash to a now-obscure person from the 1950s.  His name was Laurence Johnson, and he was a supermarket owner in Syracuse, NY.  That's all he was.  Yet he wielded enormous influence over what was allowed on television, because he threatened massive boycotts by his fellow advertisers if certain "undesirable" performers (i.e., suspected Commie pinkos, with or without evidence) were allowed on the air.  Most people think of the HUAC hearings or Joe McCarthy when they think of the blacklist, and yet the man from Syracuse, NY had as much to do with keeping innocent people off the air as anyone in Congress.  

Joe would be and should be nothing but an obscure ex-Congresscritter from Jupiter, FL.

I find it interesting that the GOP Senators & Congressional leaders don't appear on Morning Joe anymore since Joe went rogue.

Are they afraid to face the wrath of Angry Joe who could start yelling at them for being Russian puppets or is Joe afraid of them because they might bring up Joe's support for Trump during the election & his participation the transition process?

Jonathan Lemire was hilarious today with his response "You are right Joe ! "after his long rant.

• Love 3
Just now, oakville said:

Jonathan Lemire was hilarious today with his response "You are right Joe ! "after his long rant.

I think Jonathan Lemire is just tired.  I don't really know how these print journalists have time to do all these shows and then go do their day jobs.  Just tell the crazy man what he wants to hear, collect your paycheck, and then you get to leave.

Not to mention I don't hear him babbling, "You are right, Nicolle," every time she makes a point on her show.

• Love 4

Mika and Joe are in the studio with Willie, Eddie Glaude, and Richard Haas.  Joe and Mika have separate cameras.

Eddie Glaude got the key to his hometown in Mississippi. They showed a photo of Eddie and his mom with the mayor. 

Richard Haas said the president is escalating a trade war with France. The president slammed Macron for comments calling NATO a grandad.  Richard said France and Germany are no longer partners.  Mika is disturbed and embarrassed.

Next, impeachment hearings start tomorrow.  House Republicans issued a report about the impeachment inquiry. Mika said you have to put on blinders to believe the report.  Joe said the Republicans can't argue the facts or the law.  Joe thinks the Dems should add more crimes.  He said they should add Stormy Daniels to the articles of impeachment to show Trump's corruption. Joe would love to see Stormy on TV again.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

It's hilarious that Joe is ranting about support for impeachment is 50% & the GOP should listen to public opinion. Yet Joe was in Congress and voted for impeachment of Clinton when support was 29%. Joe was just as partisan when he was in Congress.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Mika just used the term "Groovy" when referring to Biden's new "No Malarky" tour. Wrong decade, Meeks.

How does Joe get up 30% of weekday mornings and stroll over to the Breakfast Bunker and do this schtick each time when it NEVER makes any difference and it NEVER will?  I'm played out--why isn't he?  (but of course, I don't get a fat paycheck)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yet Joe was in Congress and voted for impeachment of Clinton when support was 29%. Joe was just as partisan when he was in Congress.

I don't think Joe is partisan at all.  To be partisan, you have to have an affiliation and a belief system.  Joe has neither.  He is just an opportunist, and he will go whichever way the ratings and the cool kids go.

• Love 7

Joe made fun of the Pennsylvania Avenue green screen for Eugene Robinson.

8 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I don't think Joe is partisan at all.  To be partisan, you have to have an affiliation and a belief system.  Joe has neither.  He is just an opportunist, and he will go whichever way the ratings and the cool kids go.

OK, but isn't obvious that if Joe was still in Congress today he would support Trump ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

OK, but isn't obvious that if Joe was still in Congress today he would support Trump ?

Yes, and that's precisely my point.  Joe has no ideology at all, other than me-me-me.  He would never be a Justin Amash, a principled conservative who took a stand and accepted the price.  He sails with the wind, and now if he'd just be gone with the wind, our world would be a better place.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Yes, and that's precisely my point.  Joe has no ideology at all, other than me-me-me.  He would never be a Justin Amash, a principled conservative who took a stand and accepted the price.  He sails with the wind, and now if he'd just be gone with the wind, our world would be a better place.

Joe has the southern accent in order to be a character in Gone with the Wind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Joe has the southern accent in order to be a character in Gone with the Wind.

Frankly, oakville...I don't give a damn. 😊

I wonder how the two super-twins sleep at night knowing that they are somewhat responsible for what Trump has wrought.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, HC87 said:

Frankly, oakville...I don't give a damn. 😊

I wonder how the two super-twins sleep at night knowing that they are somewhat responsible for what Trump has wrought.

They are such opportunists, I am pretty sure they sleep just fine; neither seems to have any core value system other than advancing their Brand.  Discussion revolves around Joe's opening rant; Meeka is window dressing.  Yet we still watch!  Honestly, I would be lost if I didn't get my morning started with being aggravated by the two of them.  Mr. Kemper, looking up from his oatmeal and iPad, asks why I don't just turn the channel.  Sometimes ESPN wins out, other days HGTV; still other days the local news station.  Winning.  

I think Jonathan LeMire reads this board.  You are so right, Joe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kemper said:

They are such opportunists, I am pretty sure they sleep just fine; neither seems to have any core value system other than advancing their Brand.  Discussion revolves around Joe's opening rant; Meeka is window dressing.  Yet we still watch!  Honestly, I would be lost if I didn't get my morning started with being aggravated by the two of them.  Mr. Kemper, looking up from his oatmeal and iPad, asks why I don't just turn the channel.  Sometimes ESPN wins out, other days HGTV; still other days the local news station.  Winning.  

I think Jonathan LeMire reads this board.  You are so right, Joe.

I am waiting for the household staff to come into the breakfast nook & interrupt the show.

It would also be fun if Mika's dogs started barking & jumped up on the breakfast table.

Joe's rants are becoming hilarious. There is no rhyme or reason to what sets him off other than Trump.

Today he was talking about being in a Turkish prison with Willie in the 1990s.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joe and Mika have separate cameras again.They started with "banter" about how everyone is making fun of the president. 

Joe says Trump was eviscerated by Macron in a press conference and mocked by world leaders at Buckingham Palace.They were caught on a hot mike making fun of Trump.  Joe is gleeful about people making fun of Trump.  This comes off petty and personal from Joe.  It is  junior high level behavior from a guy in his fifties.

Joe said Trump is working for Putin.  This seems like his favorite line (this week).  He has security analyst Tom Nichols on while he rants about Putin.  Tom Nichols says it is not only Putin, but any strong man.  Tom, you are supposed to agree with Joe.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I cannot believe Mika just announced Julia Ainsley's pregnancy travel ban starts this week (meaning she won't be flying up to NYC for a while) but for heaven's sake she'll still be on the air!  Good grief that woman knows zero about personal space.

• Love 3

Joe need to STFU with his "black people won't vote for. . . " line of analysis.

Thank you Yamiche for clarifying that African Americans are not a monolith. 

Joe should quit the show and run Bloomberg or Biden's campaign. Because only Joe knows how to win this election and save the country. The Democrats are clearly doomed without his wisdom.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe said that Mika's father knew countries look to their own self interest.  David Ignatius talked about Dr. Brzezinski.  Mika was pleased that everyone knows her dad would hate Trump.

Dr Z was on the show after Trump was elected . He was very worried about what Trump would do with Nato etc.

• Love 5

Karine was surprised that Kamala quit the Presidential race. She said that Democrats may not have a person of color on the debate stage.

Joe said that Kamala & Booker aren't connecting with black voters.

Joe said that nothing prepares you for running for President.

• Love 2

I shouldn't be, but I am surprised that Joe still took his eight o'clock break even though the network was going with live coverage.

Mika: It's hard to find the right words to describe. . . 

Me: Um, isn't that your job?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Mika: It's hard to find the right words to describe. . . 

Me: Um, isn't that your job?

She had to read from a prepared script in the teleprompter about a half-hour earlier, and I was surprised st how halting she was in reading the words, then stumbled on “Yovanovitch”. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe complained about woke twitter.

You know what we used to call "woke twitter" during elections? Primary voters.

Primary voters of both parties have always been more invested and less moderate than the general public. Just ask President Jeb Bush.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Discussion revolves around Joe's opening rant; Meeka is window dressing.  Yet we still watch!  Honestly, I would be lost if I didn't get my morning started with being aggravated by the two of them.

I wish you could insert GIFs in your post, because I would insert the one with an arrow pointing upward and the girl saying, "ALL THIS"  When Meeka reads an article, and not just the telepromptHer, she is so dramatic and breathey.  It bothers me.  It's like everything is a Trump GOTCHA--yeah right, they got him, yeah sure.

I'm gonna miss Maya Rudolph doing Kamala Harris.  Spot on.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, xaxat said:

Joe need to STFU with his "black people won't vote for. . . " line of analysis.

Thank you Yamiche for clarifying that African Americans are not a monolith.

i had to change the channel here.  That was pretty icky. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Dr Z was on the show after Trump was elected . He was very worried about what Trump would do with Nato etc.

For some reason (not enough coffee) I read this as "Dr Oz" and was like WTF does Dr Oz know about NATO? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I was glad to see Michael Lewis on this morning. His book "The Fifth Risk" is terrifying in how it describes the operations of various gov't departments that we don't even think about, how much we rely on them, and how they're being dismantled. 

Of course Joe and his  "I'm from the gov't we're here to help" joke.  It's not just State Dept officials Joe, as much as you hate it, it's HHS, IRS, Commerce, Interior, etc.  We need a functioning gov't. Can it be run better? Yes, just like how much better your show is, streamlined and running smoothly without the waste of you and Cake Girl, your multi million dollar paychecks, ruining great conversations with eye rolls sighs and ranting. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8