Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Intimacy Part 2

• Start Topic

The whole show is excruciating anymore.  I was kind of enjoying it up until last week.  At least before then I had the glimmer of hope that Tres and Vanessa might make it.  Now I'm actively hoping all three couples break up.  

• Love 6

How can there be an Intimacy Part 2 where none of these couples have even shown Intimacy Part 0.1 with one another (Tres and Vanessa get the 0.1 in this equation...yay...they get the least effed up award in these three couple trainwrecks)

• Love 3

This episode is called  "Intimacy Part 2" and Ashley wants some alone time. Ok then. Alone time is exactly what I would expect on "Intimacy Part 2" LOL

Sounds like this episode is going to just as boring as the rest were!

• Love 5

Ashley's got someone else. I'd bet money on it. She is performing for the cameras so that her Someone Else will know she has zero relationship with David. That phone call he made was exactly what she needed to break it off for good before the six weeks is up. 

She should never have gone on the show. It was a truly rotten and extremely selfish thing to do, knowing she was not sincere. Hope it made her boyfriend jealous enough for it to pay off, but the karma debt's going to be hanging over their heads for a long, long time.

• Love 18

I am so DISGUSTED with Ashley. David is caring, patient, and good looking. GIRL..you are not all that. She is frigid, and has given him ZERO. David should have walked the third episode. We know why she is single. Who wants a self absorbed, closed up, shut down person. Who acts like that and thinks it's ok. She wasn't in from the get. DAVID....Get away from her negativity. I have a daughter if you're interested!!!!

• Love 19

I agree, she's got someone on the side. She's full of shit. She wants out but doesn't want to look like the bad guy. So she makes herself into a victim.

They are married on paper. She doesn't want him to touch her, she refuses to talk to him. David even said he didn't know anything about her family. Because she won't talk to him. What a witch!

• Love 16

Sam is always ON and playing to the camera. Is Neil REALLY buying her shtick? I thought he was an intelligent, sensitive guy. I fear for his future with his make-believe wife.

Ashley is full of shit in her dire hurtfulness. However, I do think David's version of events is shady. No matter though. Ashley is not sincere, but has been acting under false pretenses from the jump. Bad girl. Also her five o'clock shadow joined her upper lip jazz in the talk-scene with her friend Ashley. I think Production is not liking her much.

• Love 6

Yes David, you see the light. Ashley wants to quit. She's a coward and a loser.

I also think Sam and Neil are playing for the cameras, playing the part of the zany married couple.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

Ok, let's be honest about this. Let's call a thing a thing. Yes, Ashley is a selfish piece of shit, pining away for that ex that I GUAR-ON-TEE <Cajun accent> dumped or refused to marry her. And, yes, that frigid kitty is using textgate to make it look like David ruined there chance at frigidity and a sexless forever. BUT

David lied through his teeth about that text. I laughed my ass off!!!!

• Love 11

I need someone to help me with this. When did talking or texting equal fucking? I don't get why there's this paranoia about talking or texting. When I was growing up, cheating was having actual physical contact with another person.

It's like I don't believe you can have a relationship on Facebook or Twitter.

Dear David, please find a real woman, not a fake ass witch like moustache.

And Ashley, YOU don't deserve David so STFU, you nasty, manipulative cow.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11

I have the dress Sam was wearing in their meeting with the sexologist. It’s from H&M. (I think it looks better on me.)

I’m SO GLAD David tossed back an “OH PLEASE” when Ashley was like, "Well, why didn’t you try to get to know me? Why'd you have to ask someone about me?" I have watched him try to get to know her for weeks, and all she’s done is shut him down. When he was running down all the stuff he didn't know about her, I was like "Shit, does she just sit there in silence? He doesn't know anything about her brother?"And she didn’t believe his explanation about the message to the girl because she didn’t want to, because it give her the out she’s wanted since she laid eyes on him. She LOVES that this happened, because she can sit there on "decision day" and sniff about broken trust and dab at fake tears and look like the victim.

I need someone to help me with this. When did talking or texting equal fucking? I don't get why there's this paranoia about talking or texting. When I was growing up, cheating was having actual physical contact with another person.

I think you can have an emotional affair via text or email that can have very real, damaging consequences. I think I would have a harder time forgiving my hypothetical husband if he had a long-term emotional affair where he was talking about me, what was missing from our marriage, getting that comfort from someone else, than I would if he just (safely) slept with some random woman he'd never see again. I don't even know if I'd want to know about the latter, frankly.  

Here though, I don't think Ashley even cares what his motivations were (and I don't think they were to connect emotionally or physically); she's just glad she can pin "messing up" on him to justify their inevitable divorce.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 15

I'm guessing it's being interpreted as emotional cheating. I can understand that concept when one partner feels that something is already missing in his/her relationship.

But with Ashley, it's coming across as a golden opportunity to split while looking like the wounded party.

David's cemetery interlude is unacceptable to me. Do that kind of thing without cameras and crew. Reminds me of Teen Mom Farrah's stop at dead boyfriend's gravesite. She was just as ridiculous emoting for her tv audience.

• Love 5

The cheating convo is complex. It is very much cheating, in my mind, if he was taking this chick for drinks. Ashley claims to not even know her. He is acting so guilty. He has the upper hand and should have just let her fester in the knowledge.

Sleekandchic - You know what they say: Bad news travels fast!

Oh Ashley is definitely gonna suck this excuse dry. She is so happy this happened - a golden key to her guilded prison!

• Love 5

Cheating is one of the few sins left in society. Calling something you don't like "cheating" is a way of shutting down the behavior without discussion. It's as effective as calling someone a racist was about 20 years ago.

It instantly puts spineless people on the defensive and gets them apologizing even though they've done nothing wrong.

• Love 10

David was 100% correct when he said that, "Ashley was just looking for an excuse to justify why she wanted out and absolving her of her guilt."  I noticed that she didn't have a problem communicating when she was ripping into him.  I found it hilarious that she would bring her friend on the show to tell us how badly "Ashley wants to be married."  While I don't doubt that she does, it's clearly not to David.  I guess we shouldn't believe what we've been seeing these past weeks.  Given that Ashley seems to hate the ground he walks on and the air that he breathes, David really needs to stop with all his, "my wife" nonsense.

• Love 17

It's annoying to have a 'bride' that's so dam predictable. 

We all knew she would use David texting some other woman that he'd like to have a drink with her (and some conversation) as an excuse for every rotten thing she's done to David the whole time they've been 'married'. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 13

I don't get it. See about twenty years ago I used to write this man every day. This went on for a year, then we met and...nothing, there was no chemistry, nothing in the real world. That taught me that you can have something in cyberspace that's 100% fantasy but it means nothing if it can't go beyond the computer.

Jack Sampson, I agree with you.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

I don't get it. See about twenty years ago I used to write this man every day. This went on for a year, then we met and...nothing, there was no chemistry, nothing in the real world. That taught me that you can have something in cyberspace that's 100% fantasy but it means nothing if it can't go beyond the computer.

Jack Sampson, I agree with you.

I am sure you didn't have a huzzband at the time.

• Love 4

Aha! During Jamie Otis's Unfiltered portion of the episode, David said that the following weekend he and Ashley were scheduled to attend his friend's wedding in Nashvile. But due to Ashleys broken trust, she refused to attend. Lol. [Note to RedheadZombie: Because of your helpful posts last episode, I DO recognize that using David's blip as an excuse to avoid the wedding could be Ashley's social anxiety manifestation. See?I paid attention! ;) However, I do think Ashley is being manipulative and shady here. Me no like-a Ashley.]

Makes me want to know EXACTLY when David reached out to the other girl. Was Ashley holding that ammunition in her arsenal for a while?

I feel bad for Bella and Marley, the dogchildren of stress and divorce.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 8

I am sure you didn't have a huzzband at the time.

Neither one of us were married.

When David said he didn't know anything about Ashley's family or friends that was a huge red flag. She never intended on bonding with David at all.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

Omg, Neil, please stop being so grateful to Sam for "hugs." Very informative to learn from his sit down with Otis that he had comforted Sam one day with a hug and an impromptu kiss to her shoulder, and she reacted negatively. Come on Neil. This "marriage" REALLY bothers me in its pure artificiality and devious underhandedness. Especially since I think they WILL stay together. Otherwise, why bother moving to a new place with less than two weeks to go?

Sam strikes me as a money-grubbing opportunist who wants to milk MAFS as long as possible. If Neil goes along with the Lie, he's equally immoral. A loveless, sexless, emotionally abusive marriage is not worth its weight in feathers, never mind in gold.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 9

This season has just made me so.....sad...I miss how excited I was during the first season. Something has been lost. Why isn't anyone REALLY living together? Why doesn't anyone REALLY like each other? Why does everyone seem to be acting for the cameras? Why does everything seem so biased edited? Such a facinating premise. Such a shame on casting. I am just so sad.....

• Love 8

Wow. David clearly calls Ashley out on never talking to anyone (she doesn't talk to her brother? Did anyone else catch that?)... so she has a friend come running over, as soon as he leaves. I'm not entirely sure what I believe in this story. I mean David having messaged this person but said the specifics over the phone not in a message that can be proved is a bit shady... But, is Atlanta that small that David happened to message someone he really didn't think had a connection to Ashley at all and she happened to be in the know enough to give a friend of Ashley's a heads up, and is David really that stupid to try to be shady with someone who knowingly has a connection to Ashley? I've known people who have been foolish to believe that since they have good intentions everyone else will too, so I can kind of see how David's story could be plausible. But to quote the valuable line from Training Day "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove", and that message doesn't seem to prove anything either way. None of this ultimately matters though. Ashley was done with David anyway. 

Did Sam take a mug out off a shelf of the house they were moving into and say "she wanted it"? Isn't it hers? I swear it even matched her top! Production clearly told them to go there, but did they provide cups? Why do they even have to both to pretend like they found that house? There's nothing wrong with being provided mutual ground.

Dammit. Bringing Sushi home made me think of Ryan D, which is a terrible thing to do to me. But Tres' description of Marriage For Dummies was cute, God help me. If he ever makes it, he needs to include his recipe for Dorito nachos! Those cakes looked yummy.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6

I think David's explanation is questionable but it doesn't really matter since Ashley was planning on leaving after six weeks anyway. I agree with the rest of you, she absolutely loves that this happened. Now she can claim that she really did try to make the marriage work and that David ruined everything.

I just wish that he would stop kissing her ass and grow some balls. I literally yelled at my tv at the end of the show when he said he was going to fight for his marriage. What the hell is wrong with him? She hates him, how can he not see that? He just comes across as so desperate and pathetic that I want to slap him.

Anyway, I don't understand what's going on with Neil and Sam. Most people after dating for five weeks have had some type of physical contact so I think it's strange that they appear to like each other now but haven't even kissed. They act like two awkward middle school virgins that have never dated before.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 12

My general observations:

Ashley:  Nothing about her is attractive.  NOTHING.  Physically short, plump, very plain face.
Not just plain, but devoid of any spark or personality.  Blank-looking. Thin, sharp lips.  AND, she's mean.  That meanness and dryness
goes hand-in-hand with her lack of a sense of humor and personality.  Add to that she's all
into nursing school - which is stressful - so WHY did she decide to get married in the first place..
and in the second place to a complete stranger?  TOTALLY not appropriate for the show. 
I don't understand why the show's producers and psychologists didn't size that up and decline
her.  It's impossible to have a healthy relationship with someone who doesn't communicate and is
mean/manipulative on top of that.  Oh yea, let's throw in physically frumpy...and we have a winner!
She is poorly matched with her husband - who seems fairly normal in the snippets.

Neil:  What planet is this guy from?  I can imagine him trying seduce his 'wife' after a long
day in laboratory compliance:  "Honey...I've been reading on the topic of intercourse and I feel
we could weave this activity into our relationship.  Given the way things have been going, with
the smiles we've been increasingly exchanging, it seems very plausible.  I have been practicing
certain positions diagrammed in a related book, and I feel it is time to put that training to work, with you."
I mean, SERIOUSLY, the show's producers came up with some really poor combinations of people...and
people to begin with.  This particular couple is a COMPLETE MISMATCH.  It's a terrible idea
to shove two people together with such disparate personalities.

Edited by DirkDiggler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

Ashley is one sick little bitch.  There is not one ounce of sincerity or honesty in her.  It's amazing how well she can communicate when it's all a freaking ACT for her own benefit!  Look, no one says she has to like David but why such venom and hate for him?  What did he ever do to deserve THAT?  She was like that with him from day one, as if he'd done something wrong.  I wouldn't put it past her and her so-called "not friend" to have used this opportunity to trap David.  But even if he did text some woman for a date, who could freaking BLAME him after all this time of Ashley's wicked abuse?  At this point I don't even care if he did it and LIED about it, that bitch has it coming to her!  But I honestly don't even think he'd be that stupid to contact a woman who knows Ashley if he was looking to cheat on her.  Perhaps he thought he could get a "rise" out of her, but that's not the read I'm getting.  I think he really did want to talk to someone who knew her to get the "real story" from them.  If I were him I'd be trying to find out the truth from SOMEONE.  He's right that all the other participants get to talk to the friends and relatives of their spouses and that he should be able to do that too.  She was not willing to let him do that and now she's paying him back for trying to do that by attempting to make him look guilty.  She is just an evil BITCH, that's all I can say about her.

• Love 22

I giggled at Neil wearing his shirt inside out in the first scene.  Why didn't Sam notice the tag sticking up on the back and tell him?

Ashley is a bitch.  She was just waiting for this excuse to use and play the victim.  She obviously never talks to David off camera.  Run David Run...

• Love 5

Ashley can put David on blast all she wants and thinks she has a face-saving out now, but she still comes across as a snob and the ice queen. The way she glared at David over the kitchen island...if looks could kill, nine lives wouldn't have saved him. That was a look of hate. *shudders*

Sam must've upped her meds. She actually seemed human this episode. Neil is dissolving in her shadow and, sadly, that seems to make it work.

Tres needs to get Vanessa out of the house. Take her out for her birthday! I'm getting restless just watching them night after night at home. I'd go crazy in a relationship like that. They act like they're 90 years old.

• Love 6

One thing I don't like about David is that he plays to the camera by not wavering publicly from his steadfast commitment to Ashley no matter what she does to him.  It makes him look like a freaking lunatic/masochist.  I am wondering how much of that is producer influenced because it doesn't make sense with what's really happening in the relationship whatsoever.  I still think he just doesn't want to look like he gave her any real reason to dislike him so much, because after all, it's on camera that he did everything he was supposed to do.  But it does bother me nonetheless, and I wonder why he doesn't just level with the camera at this point that he is only doing this because he hates to give up or has to honor his contract or whatever, not because he has any real hope of making the relationship work.  It takes two to tango and she's just not a willing partner.  He can't make a relationship work all by himself.  At least acknowledge that to the camera so you don't look delusional.

And the way Jamie acted with Ashley made me want to slap her.  I think she believes the little bitch.  Well, what do I expect from someone who is basically unable to face reality?

The Sam and Neil segments reminded me of Sean and Davina "playing house" for the camera only this time I think they are quite possibly headed for lasting beyond the 6 months - I agree with the others that Sam has calculated how much they can make off of it and even if they just end up friends they'll be all the richer for having stuck it out as long as possible.

I am now fully convinced with Mr. S and many here that Sam's roommate is a lesbian and that the two of them might have at one time had a "relationship".  The way Sam talked about how hard it would be on her roommate for her to move out made me suspicious.

This episode seemed to last FOREVER.  I feel like I was watching it for 2 hours!

• Love 7

Why in the world is David trying to fight for this horrible marriage? Ashley is just a terrible person. I'm not sure David's story was on the up and up, but why would she even care? She is using this as an excuse to let her witch flag fly free. David really needs to just walk away.

I haven't been as down on Sam as some of you. I think she is really trying. She has too much personality and Neil has too little-it could work or fail miserably. I think she was mean in the beginning, but I didn't see anything awful she has done in the last two episodes. I think with a normal dating situation, they would have been intimate before now, but this is really different so I can see building up to it. They give each other hugs, found a house together-all good steps. Honestly, Neil would try my patience. I don't think he has much of a personality and he would be the guy who would take months to put his arm around you. They are at least talking and trying.

Tres seems like such a great guy, but sometimes I get the idea he is playing a character for the camera. He is very patient and kind with Vanessa and always acts cool and collected, but I just don't know how he really feels. While I know most think Sam and Neil are taking things too slow, I think the quick intimacy of Tres and Vanessa might not work in their favor. Vanessa thinks it means they are in love, and I'm not sure what Tres thinks. I am also not convinced he really wants to settle down, he keeps saying he does but I don't know it is real. No matter what happens, I think he is a terrific guy and would make a good husband someday if not now. I also like Vanessa a lot and wish she could just relax and let things happen. Maybe she isn't emotionally ready to be married? They are a very attractive and nice couple all around.

• Love 4

And the oscar goes too....Ashley!. What a performance!. I didn't even get upset. I actually laughed. I was thinking David if your buying this victim act then there is not one person who can help you. She stated she had been trying to make her marriage work.LMAO.Ashley you can try to do anything you never started to di in the first place. Just a FYI Ashley change professions with your lack of emotion and empathy you will not make even a below average nurse. Just my humble opinion.

• Love 7

Tres seems like such a great guy, but sometimes I get the idea he is playing a character for the camera. He is very patient and kind with Vanessa and always acts cool and collected, but I just don't know how he really feels. While I know most think Sam and Neil are taking things too slow, I think the quick intimacy of Tres and Vanessa might not work in their favor. Vanessa thinks it means they are in love, and I'm not sure what Tres thinks. I am also not convinced he really wants to settle down, he keeps saying he does but I don't know it is real. No matter what happens, I think he is a terrific guy and would make a good husband someday if not now. I also like Vanessa a lot and wish she could just relax and let things happen. Maybe she isn't emotionally ready to be married? They are a very attractive and nice couple all around.

I know, I'm with you about Tres.  I can't get a read on him and it's making me suspicious.  His body language doesn't match what he says a lot of the time.  He says he is putting his all into it but then at times he looks like he's just lumbering around from one scene to the next like he's sleepwalking.  He seems so easygoing like he doesn't know himself as well as he should and just goes with the flow as a result.  So it's  hard for me to see him as really invested in the relationship.  I think Vanessa is already suspicious but she wants so much for him to be as into her as she is in him that she is moving forward anyway. 

I haven't been as down on Sam as some of you. I think she is really trying. She has too much personality and Neil has too little-it could work or fail miserably. I think she was mean in the beginning, but I didn't see anything awful she has done in the last two episodes. I think with a normal dating situation, they would have been intimate before now, but this is really different so I can see building up to it. They give each other hugs, found a house together-all good steps. Honestly, Neil would try my patience. I don't think he has much of a personality and he would be the guy who would take months to put his arm around you. They are at least talking and trying.

ITA about Sam and their relationship.  She did snap at Neil very briefly once but thankfully it didn't blow up into anything.  I'd still be worried I'd set her off like a land mine one of these days and live to regret it if I were Neil.  I still feel like Neil is walking on eggshells with her and why he is OK with that is beyond me, but yeah, she has been nicer to him.  She even showed a sign of self awareness when she said that she thought that when things were "normal" (as in not in front of the cameras anymore) she thought things would really improve in their relationship (or something to that effect).  That said, I did like their new house a lot, what I saw of it.

• Love 4

It's a real testament to Assley's horrible attitude that what she thought was a guaranteed sympathy generator ended up getting viewers more annoyed with her. She could have not been trying any less if she wore a suit of armor during the entire marriage. If David couldn't physically leave, at least he was able to mentally leave.

• Love 13

And the way Jamie acted with Ashley made me want to slap her.  I think she believes the little bitch.  Well, what do I expect from someone who is basically unable to face reality?

Jamie, the woman who apparently talks to ex and wanted her ex at her sister's babyshower while letting her husband know you have feelings still but want you all to be friends, is all over on the side of 'how could he contact this woman' might be the only thing as hypocritical/WTF worthy as Ashley acting like she actually gives a damn about the relationship all of a sudden.

• Love 15

David was 100% correct when he said that, "Ashley was just looking for an excuse to justify why she wanted out and absolving her of her guilt."  I noticed that she didn't have a problem communicating when she was ripping into him.  I found it hilarious that she would bring her friend on the show to tell us how badly "Ashley wants to be married."  While I don't doubt that she does, it's clearly not to David.  I guess we shouldn't believe what we've been seeing these past weeks.  Given that Ashley seems to hate the ground he walks on and the air that he breathes, David really needs to stop with all his, "my wife" nonsense.

Yes, I noticed that, too. She couldn't think of three nice things to say about him before, but she sure had plenty of things to say to him now. I was glad that David showed some spine when he pointed out that she hadn't been talking to him and that he doesn't know anything about her. As for his excuse for asking that woman out, while I agree that it would be idiotic to ask out someone who actually knows Ashley (unless he did it in a misguided attempt to make her jealous), I don't quite believe his story about his intentions. He just didn't seem sincere to me. At the very least, he shouldn't have done it behind her back. But I totally agree that Ashley is quite happy to have some ammunition now.

The house Sam and Neil moved into looks really nice. I do find it interesting that they moved with only 2 weeks left, and that they could find a house and move in so quickly. About that mug, I bet they rented the house furnished and the dishes came with the house. Sam's friend looked devastated that Sam was moving out... Hmm...

As for the intimacy between Sam and Neil, I feel like I'm having whiplash from Sam's reactions and THs. To me it seems like she keeps throwing herself at him, but when she talks about their relationship, it doesn't sound like she wants him to make a move yet. I don't know if she just wants to feel like he desires her (so that she can turn him down) or she does want him to finally make a move but, since he doesn't, she tries to make it look like she's the one who doesn't want to take that step yet.

I agree with people who think that Neil is annoyingly passive. In the beginning I thought he was an interesting guy, but I don't really see much of that anymore.

• Love 5

I feel that everything about Sam and Neil is manufactured for their "zany/opposites [don't really] attract" storyline. As Gigi and BunnySlippers mention in their above posts, the entire new house interlude didn't seem right to me.

The couple goes online to search listings, Sam businesslike with pen and paper makes notes and consults with Neil about square footage and amenities. Neil nods, nods,, yeahs, and nods again.

Are we really to believe that they never bothered to take a real, actual, on-site look at the property? Because they sure seemed to be seeing it for the first time the day they moved in. Oh look at the cabinets!....the bathroom!...the double vanity!....the owl mug! Come on.

Look I doubt the audience would feel duped to know that the Production scouts scurried to get the couple a new place furnished and stocked with dinnerware and mugs, linens and soap. Two weeks left, they need SOME kind of at-home with Sam and Neil b.s.. But why go through the charade of the couple poring over listings to find THE PERFECT house for their happily ever after?

Why? Because this couple has nothing going on between them. At all. I loved that scene when Neil popped into Sam's kitchen not long after Sam returned from work. She threw a frozen entree into the microwave for herself, then sat to eat. Neil sat, too, sipping a glass of water. I guess he had already eaten? But why? Sharing a meal is too torturous? They just made inane, bored smalltalk. None of that seems true to life to me. Ach! The two of them are annoying the hell outta me.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 7