Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

I'm still annoyed they keep treating Graham as if he wanted it.

Why did they need to include his dialogue in the promo while practically the whole thing was dialogue-less?

That, combined with the record-stop sound effect was clearly the editors saying, "Tee hee! Remember this funny moment? Let's all have a good laugh about it!" Sigh.

• Love 3

What kind of contract does RC have, that he gets to skip press whenever? I saw pics of him inside the party but he didn't walk the red carpet.

For once, I 100% love what Jen is wearing. That almost never happens to me. She should fire her NYC make up artist and just use her Canadian one all the time, IMO.

Edited by Serena

What kind of contract does RC have, that he gets to skip press whenever?

It's called The I'm-Robert-Effing-Carlyle-And-I-Can-Do-Whatever-I-Want-What-Are-You-Going-To-Do-Fire-Me? Clause

If I didn't know what Once was, and I saw that video montage they did, I would probably wanna watch the hell out of it. 

For as much as we critique the show in these forums, that sizzle reel did remind me of why I've enjoyed the show so much over the years. (Except for the terrible CGI fairy battle. I still cringe at that every time I see it.)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

Also, anyone know where Ginny was last night? I'm assuming she got stuck doing press for her new movie or something, but she was noticeably absent last night and yet I haven't seen anyone else mention it or an explanation as to why.

Also, anyone know where Ginny was last night? I'm assuming she got stuck doing press for her new movie or something, but she was noticeably absent last night and yet I haven't seen anyone else mention it or an explanation as to why.

The thing is, Josh is in the movie too. Perhaps she's trying to minimize her travel? It would make sense if she was filming this week or last but if she isn't she may have want to rest. It does seem odd though as a star of the show not to come. I thought her due date was pretty far off but perhaps not. Edited by scenicbyway

But Josh isn't front and center in the movie like she is. I also just noticed that Emilie wasn't there either. So who knows. (And yes, I really did JUST realize this after all the pictures that came out last night. Shows how important I think Belle is on the show, doesn't it?)

Emilie is far along enough that we know she can't film, so she's hopefully at home resting. I had no idea Josh was in the Zootopia movie! But yeah, Ginny is the movie's protagonist so she's needed more for press.

• Love 1

I thought I saw somewhere that Ginny is supposed to be at Disney World tomorrow and she is supposed to be on Kelly and Michael on Feb. 25th. So she was probably not even in Vancouver last night.

Edited by mtsmvfn

Gosh, sharky. Even I didn't realize de Ravin wasn't there. I didn't like the back of Helen's dress, but she looked lovely. Colin seemed a little sozzled. I LOVED that plaid suit. hehe

I want to know who cut the Once Upon a Time cake!! 

• Love 1

The actresses who play Blue and Granny were there, along with Rose McIver and a good portion of the dwarves. I'm surprised Grumpy wasn't there, since he's kind of the head dwarf. 

Edited by Curio

I loved Colin's plaid. You have the entire color spectrum to work with and 99% of the time men wear the typical black suit. I need more variety when it comes to what the men wear.

I did get a giggle out of Josh's turtleneck.

I thought everyone looked fine. Like how a bunch of the men were coordinating? with blue, though. But maybe my fashion sense is questionable...

I wonder how cold it was. Happy that the party went well.

I was impressed with the men's fashion overall. I like when guys take risks with their suits because they tend to always look the same.

I don't like to critique what the actors wear too much because everyone has their own personal tastes, but even I had to raise my eyebrow at Lana's outfit. She clearly likes a little rock and roll in her fashion, but I feel like I could have bought that entire outfit for under $50 at Wet Seal. It looked cheap, and then combined with the heavy makeup and prom ringlet curls...Lana. You're a beautiful woman. Please let me be your fashion advisor! I'll even let you keep the fur boas!

• Love 1

I was a little thrown off by Lana's hair as well -- quite the '90s curl fest. But the guys for the most part looked really good -- Colin and Sean both had great suits on and looked sharp. Wasn't too keen about Josh's outfit. The blazer and turtleneck looked a little unkempt professor to me and was I the only pervert that noticed his pants were a little too tight?

Lana's outfit wasn't too bad if you took out that furry... thing she had over it. But no to the makeup and hair! Smokey eye/intense makeup is easy to get wrong if you're not an expert. Well, at least her shoes matched each other this time.

I maybe wouldn't have chosen those exact outfits for for the guys, but I'm happy they made an effort. Nothing annoys me more than seeing guys in a tshirt and sneakers when the ladies are wearing a 1000$ dress and heels (but I did see that Jen changed shoes once inside, lol!)

If I didn't know what Once was, and I saw that video montage they did, I would probably wanna watch the hell out of it.

I've been ReWatching with my friend who is watching for the first time. Even with the plottholes and nonsense I still love it.

Guilty pleasure I suppose. I think a big part of it is that I love this cast so much. Last night watching "and straight on til morning" with my friend I kept cringing at Colin's limp and how much it must have pained him trying not to favor it in the flashbacks in Neverland.

It's not a perfect show but I do love it.

legaleagle53, on 21 Feb 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:legaleagle53, on 21 Feb 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

Yes, and as you can imagine, that pissed a certain sect of fandom off to no end!

Good!

I was reading Wonkette (one of my usual haunts - it's a liberal blog) and suddenly, there was Hook! Gifs of Hook and those eyebrows. Random, but fun. http://wonkette.com/598936/the-snake-oil-bulletin

Don't let the headline put you off. Funny thing is, the only one who commented specifically on the gifs was a gay man.

Edited by Dianthus

I doubt Jen cut the cake. There was also a picture of Lana in a similar pose with the knife, I also saw a picture of Jared in front of the cake with everyone crowded around him. It would be the logical and uncontroversial choice for him to to cut the cake because it is Henry's book and no one else has the same connection to it.

I thought Jen's dress was too big and plungy.

I agree. From the side it looked like it was inspired by Dior's New Look.with the long full skirt and black and white stripes. However, the plunging neckline did not complement the silhouette of the dress. So overall a fashion misstep.

Bex Mader looked lovely. 

I doubt Jen cut the cake. There was also a picture of Lana in a similar pose with the knife, I also saw a picture of Jared in front of the cake with everyone crowded around him. It would be the logical and uncontroversial choice for him to to cut the cake because it is Henry's book and no one else has the same connection to it.

I doubt Jen would merely pose with the knife inside the cake, with people surrounding her. Lana was just pointing to it in a pic by herself.

ETA: What Curio said.

EETA: One more tumblr_o2wud5vfbJ1tcn0hno2_540.png.

Edited by Rumsy4

Gosh, sharky. Even I didn't realize de Ravin wasn't there. I didn't like the back of Helen's dress, but she looked lovely. Colin seemed a little sozzled. I LOVED that plaid suit. hehe

I want to know who cut the Once Upon a Time cake!!

I was surprised that Colin seemed so drunk with so many big wigs there. I really liked Helen's dress but the back looked uncomfortable. I was surprised that all of the women wore black, it seemed like only Rose was in a color.

Souris, on 24 Feb 2016 - 3:40 PM, said:Souris, on 24 Feb 2016 - 3:40 PM, said:

JMo's photographer pal asking if people want a Jen/Colin photoshoot.

I'm sure his mentions have just gone supernova.

You'd better believe they have.  Fortunately, the SQ bad apples don't seem to have caught on yet.

Edited by legaleagle53

Please don't do this. Please, I beg of you. All these fangirls are getting so excited. "Someone wants to do a CS photoshoot!" and they think it's going to be cute and adorable and puppies and unicorns. And then they're going to wonder why we have photos with guns and blood and JMo provocatively sucking on raw meat. Seriously, please, for the love of the fangirls, do not do this. I even made a tumblr post about it instead of making food for my kids.

• Love 1

Unfortunately, in order to become recognized and popular in the photography field, you have to be risqué and offensive. Well, you don't have to be, but it gets you name recognition, and if you want to work with celebrities you need name recognition. This guy has apparently accomplished this. I'd rather a Once-related photoshoot happened with a better photographer, but at the same time, the photographer should also know his audience. The Dark Swan photos weren't offensive because he knows the show is affiliated with ABC. If he offers to do something with Jen and Colin, it's not going to be a nightmare. At the very least, I'm pretty sure Jen would have some creative input and wouldn't let it be cringe-worthy.

As a designer, I miss the show doing fun photoshoots like this.

• Love 2