Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

A red carpet is cool and all, but I'd like to see them put some money on, I don't know, a decent promo. I'm jealous of the one they did for Scandal (and Scandal is fucking awful, no disrespect to the people who like it). Why is Olivia Pope wearing a red trench (that I want)? Doesn't she know there's only one Savior?

• Love 1

I think Leanne is hinting that there's gonna be a red carpet for Once's 100th episode.

Heh. Breaks me back to the S4 premiere party where we all those stars like Robbie Kay, Eion Bailey and Rebecca Mader showed up. We speculated about whether they'd come back, and over a year later, they have in some way.

A red carpet is cool and all, but I'd like to see them put some money on, I don't know, a decent promo

Yes. The hiatus is really hitting me and I'd like some sort of promotional material to get me hyped up again. At least something a little sooner than a week before the premiere.

Edited by KingOfHearts

A red carpet is cool and all, but I'd like to see them put some money on, I don't know, a decent promo.

Realistically, having a red carpet premiere is probably better promotion for the show than whatever promos the interns at ABC can put together. Holding a red carpet event and a legitimately well-done promo are two entirely different marketing matters, and they probably don't even fall into the same budget or departments. So it's either Red Carpet + Normal Lousy Promos or No Red Carpet + Normal Lousy Promos. Lacking one isn't going to increase the quality of the other.

• Love 2

Doesn't the first commercial promotion for the "b" half occur during the oscars. Or at least that's what I remember happening last year. Which is like a week before the show comes back on air. Really they should start promoting now.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Typically we will start seeing press over the show and a promo a week to two weeks out. Otherwise they get lost in the noise. In terms of press and promo time, they are competing against all the other shows that will be coming back from winter hiatus and those currently airing. Most people (super fans excluded) aren't going to mark their calendars for a show. Instead it becomes something of habit. I would anticipate starting to see a few more A&E interviews and few cast ones in the next couple of weeks. Since they are leading off with the 100th episode, I'm guessing there will be more press on that than the actual half season. 

I think they are going to make a big deal about it being #100.. Leanne Aguilera from ET posted that her cameraman started watching Once in preparation for the "Red Carpet" event for episode 100. So I'm guessing that they will have a major season 5B premiere almost the same as they had for season 4A premiere.  I'm just wondering if they will have it in LA or Vancouver since I believe its the same weekend as the OUAT Convention or will they do it a week before like they did the season 4 premiere. 

ABC is already promoting March premieres, but no mention of Once returning. It seems to me that the occasional teaser to remind everyone that it still exists would be a good idea. Maybe after all the February returns are done and they can stop hyping those, they'll get to the next wave.

ABC is promoting their brand new shows like Of Kings and Prophets which looks really expensive, and that awful looking sitcom about that Irish family. 

They started promoting the shows returning in February about 2 weeks ago, I'd say. I'm assuming we'll get the same with Once. I just hope they promote the main cast as opposed to returning guest stars. 

But networks like ABC have to do that extra promo for new shows to get people interested. Once is a known commodity so they don't need to spend as much for audience acquisition. You also have to remember that Once's spot on the schedule was being taken by Galavant. Now that the show is over for another season, I'm assuming they'll be putting some more ad spending behind Once. There are still plenty of shows returning in March that haven't received much ad push yet. We shouldn't have to be worried.

Also, as discussed quite often in the ratings thread, the ratings are steady but not growing or falling. A veteran show like Once doesn't get many new viewers, and the ratings are showing that. So why would ABC spend money on die-hard viewers when they are going to show up again anyway? Better to spend money on new shows and get new viewers.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but I find it interesting that the voiceover says "Storybrooke becomes the Underworld." So does the Underworld come to Storybrooke or does the Underworld just so happen to look like Storybrooke?

Snow in the Promo: "You're going to HELL?"

Adam on Twitter: "They're not going to Hell"

Prepare for a bunch of hell jokes throughout 5B to give the audience plenty of mixed messages.

I just realized the 100th episode party is scheduled the same weekend JMO is supposed to be at a con. I'm guessing she'll have to cancel the con, which is a bummer, because she always has interesting stuff to say at panels.

Edited by Serena

Probably not. Just checked. It's in Portland, and she's scheduled to be there on Sunday. The party is on Saturday so there shouldn't be any issues with being in both places that weekend, just a small bit of flight time. (and just checked the full line-up and they have quite a few Doctor Who people going. Is it too much to ask to get JMo in a picture with Matt Smith and Alex Kingston?)

Edited by sharky

Nothing confirmed, but since so much press is going, I would guess yes.

I haven't seen anything either. I think it would be silly to have a party for an episode without even being able to see it. But what do I know?

Edited by KingOfHearts

That's some pretty quality stuff, surprisingly. It helps that Isham probably wrote/edited a score specifically for that video.

It bears repeating: poor, poor Graham.

Interesting how Hook wasn't included in the "100 Episodes of Villains" segment, but was included in the "100 Episodes of Heroes" clip.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1