Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Actually, Robert kind of dressed up last night. His "don't give two fucks" ensemble is jeans with a ratty tee and plaid shirt. The jeans with the untucked white shirt is his "don't give one fuck" look.

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 5

Colin is supposed to be on Good Day LA today. Here is the stream from their official website. Works outside the US. The show starts in an hour and lasts for three hours, so hopefully Colin will be on at the beginning so I won't have to watch the stupid show for 3 hours.

Actually, Robert kind of dressed up last night. His "don't give two fucks" ensemble is jeans with a ratty tee and plaid shirt. The jeans with the untucked white shirt is his "don't give one fuck" look.

This cracks me up because I remember seeing a picture of him arriving at Vancouver struggling with a gigantic amount of baggage.  What did he have in there?  Six months worth of underwear because he doesn't do laundry? 

Ha! Maybe it's just that he never throws anything away. I remember him saying in an interview for the indy film he did a couple years ago, "California Solo," that when they were talking about how to costume this down-and-out Brit Rock front man turned farm worker, he ended up telling them he'd provide his own wardrobe....since he still had a bunch of rock band t-shirts and clothes from the Glasgow music scene back in the 80s. Everything he wore in the movie was stuff he pulled out of his own closet.

This cracks me up because I remember seeing a picture of him arriving at Vancouver struggling with a gigantic amount of baggage.  What did he have in there?  Six months worth of underwear because he doesn't do laundry? 

I thought that was a very reasonable amount of baggage for a family of five for an extended stay. So RC is an aging hippy who wants to be comfortable. I don't see how that is snark-worthy.

Had no idea he had his family with him -- they weren't in the picture, no one was helping, assumed children would stay in their home school, etc.  If it was for a family of even 2 or 3, you're right, very reasonable.  But if for one person as I was thinking, eh, kind of a lot.  For all I know, he is extremely into fashion, and was expressing himself at the premiere.  Or was expressing that he didn't care much to be at the premiere.  Who knows.  Not insulting him in any event.  I dig aging hippies.

Aww, I think he actually did really well, and looks more comfortable than he has in the past. I thought it was funny that he had to think about what was worse, doing the interview, or going to the dentist, and then he decides doing the interview is worse. :)

• Love 1

Apparently, TimeWarner isn't an approved provider. It seems somewhat counterproductive to limit access to promotional material.

It's because they aren't trying to promote Once. They're using Once to promote their freaking app. 

Confirmation that there is no S4 shoot.

• Love 1

There is a link in the spoilers thread for the whole seven minutes if you want it!

As for the S4 promo shots, we at least got some from the premiere last night AND we got an actual episode premiere party that included plenty of media covering it, which means plenty of interviews. I don't mind not having promo shots if they used their promo money for the event last night instead.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1

There is a link in the spoilers thread for the whole seven minutes if you want it!

As for the S4 promo shots, we at least got some from the premiere last night AND we got an actual episode premiere party that included plenty of media covering it, which means plenty of interviews. I don't mind not having promo shots if they used their promo money for the event last night instead.

Yes, especially if the shoot ended up being as shitty as the S3 and S1 ones - this is better.

• Love 1

If Jamie Dornan had returned to Once:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/22/once-upon-a-time-jamie-dornan-return/

“He would’ve been one of the guards because it would’ve been during that period,” adds Horowitz. “She would’ve seen him, and it would’ve been heartbreaking for her because she would’ve wanted to reach out to him, but knowing that—because she’s on a mission—she couldn’t. It wasn’t a big plot thing, but it was an emotional moment that we wanted to do.”

That would've been interesting.

• Love 1

Emotional moment? BS. More like they wanted to ride on JD's newfound fame coattails.

LOL, Jean.  It would have been a blink and you'd miss it, and Emma will never have mentioned it again even in that episode.  Even though Emma seeing Graham should have some follow-up.

Edited by Camera One

Would it have mattered at all whether he was there or not.  He wouldn't even know who she was.

Exactly. It's not like they've shown that Emma has even realized Graham was raped for 30 years, and then murdered by Regina for leaving him. It would only have been an empty emotional moment put in for the sake of stunt appeal. Frankly, I'm glad they could not get a hold of Dornan.

• Love 4

That's OK! ABC does this weird thing where they release preview clips to other sites before an episode and we don't really know which ones. Last season, one site had a preview clip up for two days before any of us noticed! I wish they would be more consistent and cross post on their own site every time.

Networks have done this before and I want to say it hasn't been a problem in the past. There are still way too many people who won't be able to access it online in this case and still too few people who even watch shows online anyway.

Also, do we know where that info is coming from? I haven't seen an official source and I'm wondering if people are getting confused with the fact that the first seven minutes will become available to everyone on Friday, not just the viewers in certain cities with certain cable providers.

I believe you're right, sharky. Apparently it only said First Act, and some folks on tumblr assumed that meant the whole episode. Phew!

ETA: Nevermind.

I'm confused. Are they uploading the full episode or not? If they do, someone better record it!

Edited by KingOfHearts

I hope they do just because I have class on Monday, and if the episode is out on Friday I can watch it then, and not wake up early to watch it. But you know, we already know all about it anyway, so it's not like I'm in suspence wondering what's going to happen. 

Random observation:

I don't understand the promo they did. Why have them in their fairytale outfits in Storybrooke when that's not how they are there? It's a dumb promo and doesn't really reflect the show. People who tune in for the Frozen stuff will wonder why all the characters are dressed like regular people.

I don't understand the promo they did. Why have them in their fairytale outfits in Storybrooke when that's not how they are there?

It's to give new viewers the idea that they're fairy tale characters living in a small town. If they weren't in costume, they'd be just a bunch of random people.

• Love 4