Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: SVU in the Media

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How do we recognize and address victim blaming as a community? If you are unsure what victim-blaming is, please read more about it in this article

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Haha…I am a “shipper” I guess you could say and have been writing fanfic for a little over a year now in a few fandoms. There are some shippers who are reasonable and nice to talk to, but there are some who seem to center their identity around fictional romantic couples and can be the absolute worst. There’s really no in between. And yes they want to be pandered to all the time. 

Yes those are the ones I’m talking about - the rabid “shippers” who attack anyone who doesn’t support their favorite romance, and unfortunately I feel that SVU writers pander to the loudest of these shippers who want romance between Benson/Stabler and Rollins/Carisi.

20 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I guess I’m the only one who’s happy about Rollins going bye-bye.

I'm happy that Rollins is leaving.  What I am not happy is about is what is signals for the show. If you told me Rollins was leaving and being replaced by a new regular I would be thrilled. If you told me they were going to go with multiple recurring actors instead and then reevaluate I would be happy. But replacing Giddish with a part-timer means that we will almost certainly end up with more Benson and more episodes where they try to hide the fact that there are only 3 regulars around that week. It's the equivalent of telling me your going to stop slapping me in the face. Because it's keeping you from putting your full weight and energy into constantly kicking me in the cojones...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

I'm happy that Rollins is leaving.  What I am not happy is about is what is signals for the show. If you told me Rollins was leaving and being replaced by a new regular I would be thrilled. If you told me they were going to go with multiple recurring actors instead and then reevaluate I would be happy. But replacing Giddish with a part-timer means that we will almost certainly end up with more Benson and more episodes where they try to hide the fact that there are only 3 regulars around that week. It's the equivalent of telling me your going to stop slapping me in the face. Because it's keeping you from putting your full weight and energy into constantly kicking me in the cojones...

I think there is a new detective joining the main cast. She’ll probably not be in every episode, the way Fin and Velasco aren’t in every episode, but I think she’ll be a regular. I’ve just always had a strong dislike of Rollins, she’s always been a trainwreck and the episodes involving her family are horrid, and she’s very unethical and biased and just not someone who is qualified to be a detective IMO, and I feel she’s something of a writer’s pet who’s been shoved down our throats. So I think replacing Rollins with another female detective who hopefully doesn’t have the baggage of Rollins will be an improvement for the show.

Apparently Kelli Giddish didn’t want to leave, I think this was likely done by the higher ups as a result of the budget. But I’m happy I will no longer be subjected to Rollins on my screen.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think there is a new detective joining the main cast. She’ll probably not be in every episode, the way Fin and Velasco aren’t in every episode, but I think she’ll be a regular. I’ve just always had a strong dislike of Rollins, she’s always been a trainwreck and the episodes involving her family are horrid, and she’s very unethical and biased and just not someone who is qualified to be a detective IMO, and I feel she’s something of a writer’s pet who’s been shoved down our throats. So I think replacing Rollins with another female detective who hopefully doesn’t have the baggage of Rollins will be an improvement for the show.

Apparently Kelli Giddish didn’t want to leave, I think this was likely done by the higher ups as a result of the budget. But I’m happy I will no longer be subjected to Rollins on my screen.

With Rollins gone and this being mentioned just about a month away for the season premiere, I wonder how this is going to effect Carisi? I wonder if they had come up with  whole new plot line for Carisi and Rollins during the Summer and just now they have to scrap it? I wonder if the writers are scrambling right now?

I think there is a new detective joining the main cast. She’ll probably not be in every episode, the way Fin and Velasco aren’t in every episode, but I think she’ll be a regular.

I'm sure the previously announced recurring character will be slotted in, but instead of being a welcomed addition when one of the regulars has the week off and filling things out during major event episodes, we're getting a partial replacement of Rollins' screen time and almost certainly more Benson. I agree with just about all your criticisms of Rollins, but she is still only a distanr second or third on the list of the show's problems and they are solving this problem my making the bigger problems worse.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

I'm sure the previously announced recurring character will be slotted in, but instead of being a welcomed addition when one of the regulars has the week off and filling things out during major event episodes, we're getting a partial replacement of Rollins' screen time and almost certainly more Benson. I agree with just about all your criticisms of Rollins, but she is still only a distanr second or third on the list of the show's problems and they are solving this problem my making the bigger problems worse.

Oh yes Rollins isn’t the main issue with the show - the main issue is Mariska and her ego, the show still has a lot of potential but frequently gets bogged down in Benson worship and soapy drama instead of delivering on its potential. But I think getting rid of Rollins is a good thing for the show just because we’ll no longer have to see her soapy crap. We’ll still have the same amount of main characters, so I don’t agree that they are making the bigger problems worse - I just hope the new detective doesn’t become a Rollins clone.

• Love 2

<small voice> I actually kind of like Rollins. </small voice> Not her family, mind you, and not the fact that they made her the poster child for personal issues but I like the actress and I like the character's relationship with Carisi.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2022 at 10:05 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

And @Fellaway don’t worry! I will never watch OC either. 

Hee! No worries! I don't begrudge anyone enjoying OC. I just wish I could, too. But, alas, I will not be watching their three-way extravaganza, if only because I'm sure Stabler will be sprinkled throughout instead of staying in his own hour. The one thing that could get me to watch is if Carisi had a meaty role throughout, but we know that's not happening.

35 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I just hope the new detective doesn’t become a Rollins clone.

When I read the description of the new detective, I thought she sounded just like Rollins and thought that was weird. Rollins and mini-Rollins were surely something we did not need. Now I know what was afoot: Kelli Giddish being replaced by a cheaper model. 

I'm not sorry to see Rollins go. She was played out. I never liked her (Add her to the Bad Cop list.) and I was never keen on KG's acting, but I do feel sorry for KG. They haven't said, but it sounds like it was not her choice, and was maybe pretty sudden and surprising. After 12 years, I think it's pretty shabby treatment, and I'm sure it's a pure money move. It did surprise me, though. All of the time and focus they've given Rollins over the years, I was sure she would be there till the end.

I do worry about what this means for PS and Carisi down the line. How long till he's too expensive?

As to Rollins and Carisi, I read a quote from Julie Martin (I think on Variety's site.) that said 

Spoiler

"Rollisi will have a happy ending."

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 2

Just saw this on Variety:

Kelli Giddish's Exit Not Her Choice

Kelli Giddish’s upcoming “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” exit was not her choice, nor was it a decision made by showrunner David Graziano, Variety has learned.

According to multiple sources, the “SVU” shake-up was a call made from above, with one insider noting that the company is always looking to keep the show as up to date and current as possible. Mariska Hargitay, who is both the star and an executive producer on the Dick Wolf drama, as well as at least one other producer pushed to keep Giddish on the procedural, but the decision had already been made.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Still think this is related to budget issues. Kelli Giddish is/was now a vet, 12 years in, which usually means more money.

And, if one is not the "face" of the various L&O shows (Benson, Goren [arguably Eames, as well!], Stabler, etc.), the "lesser" characters are likely expendable.

Ask the actors on another Dick Wolf show, New York Undercover, where one of the leads got the heave-ho when he wanted a raise...

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Still think this is related to budget issues. Kelli Giddish is/was now a vet, 12 years in, which usually means more money.

And, if one is not the "face" of the various L&O shows (Benson, Goren [arguably Eames, as well!], Stabler, etc.), the "lesser" characters are likely expendable.

Ask the actors on another Dick Wolf show, New York Undercover, where one of the leads got the heave-ho when he wanted a raise...

This is what ticks me off the most, the hypocrisy and the outright lying. Remember a few of the interviews and articles done on SVU and Hargitay claims that the cast is like a family. Unless Giddish wanted an ungodly amount of money, Hargitay could have given her a bump up in pay if she thought it was to keep the happy family together.

• Wink 1
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Oh yes Rollins isn’t the main issue with the show - the main issue is Mariska and her ego, the show still has a lot of potential but frequently gets bogged down in Benson worship and soapy drama instead of delivering on its potential. But I think getting rid of Rollins is a good thing for the show just because we’ll no longer have to see her soapy crap. We’ll still have the same amount of main characters, so I don’t agree that they are making the bigger problems worse - I just hope the new detective doesn’t become a Rollins clone.

I agree up to a point. Perhaps I am reacting more to the fact that they told us (again) that they were going to solve what I see as the second biggest problem with the series - the lack of enough regular cast members, and instead have yanked away the football again. I do think there are more objective reasons for concern as every time they have let go of one of the longer tenured cast members we have gotten more focus on Benson. And the last time they tried to do a younger female detective to more directly appeal to their key demo it didn't go so well. Add in that all indications are that Mariska and the producers aren't entirely on board and I see no reason for much optimism. Although on the bright side at least they haven't made Noah main cast...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, wknt3 said:

I do think there are more objective reasons for concern as every time they have let go of one of the longer tenured cast members we have gotten more focus on Benson

I wonder who is truly responsible for that? What does Ockham's razor tell us? Is the person who benefits the most, responsible? Benson gets "more focus" and less is spent on a new actress. How will that extra money be spent, quality of production or quality of writing. Since we haven't seen that done consistently over the last few years, I wonder who gets to pocket that extra money?

It's probably gonna throw a big spanner into the works in the writers' room, too, as suddenly as this has seemed to come down. I see them erasing Rollins' name from the scripts and inserting nuDetective's.

12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

His shows are typically cheap when it comes to salaries.  It has been that way since forever.  In fact, I was surprised they decided to pay Mariska. 

7 hours ago, dttruman said:

Hargitay could have given her a bump up in pay if she thought it was to keep the happy family together.

It sounds like this was beyond her control. She wanted to keep her.  They probably could have found the money to keep her.  They just chose not to.

I suspected something was up when they hired Molly Burnett who looked too much like Rollins, IMO. 

I like Kelli.  I actually liked Rollins too when they didn't focus on her personal life but that's pretty much how I feel about all personal stories in the L&O universe which is why Mothership is my favorite.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It sounds like this was beyond her control. She wanted to keep her.  They probably could have found the money to keep her.  They just chose not to.

I can understand this, only if Giddish wanted a super major bump up in pay or she didn't want to be tied down on what she considered a low paying contract.

14 hours ago, dttruman said:

This is what ticks me off the most, the hypocrisy and the outright lying. Remember a few of the interviews and articles done on SVU and Hargitay claims that the cast is like a family. Unless Giddish wanted an ungodly amount of money, Hargitay could have given her a bump up in pay if she thought it was to keep the happy family together.

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

His shows are typically cheap when it comes to salaries.  It has been that way since forever.  In fact, I was surprised they decided to pay Mariska. 

Where? There simply isn't much in the way to cut left, They have cut cast costs to the bone as well as other production costs. I mean yes Dick Wold could find the money, but as a matter of principle he refuses to front money and yes NBC could pay more per episode, but they are not going to lose money on the first run so the rest of the NBCU networks make more in syndication.

7 hours ago, dttruman said:

I can understand this, only if Giddish wanted a super major bump up in pay or she didn't want to be tied down on what she considered a low paying contract.

I would be willing to bet that KG wasn't looking for any major pay bump. I am assuming her goal was simply to keep getting the same/very slightly more pay and more time off as has become SOP for veterans. I am assuming NBC has probably further cut the episode fee and/or has been pushing DIck Wolf to go younger so he cut her lose over the objections of the series' producers including Mariska. I also suspect that if MH had told them that she would give up part of her salary to keep whatever it cost to pay KG similar to what the Big Bang Theory stars did that the deal could have gotten done.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I like Kelli.  I actually liked Rollins too when they didn't focus on her personal life but that's pretty much how I feel about all personal stories in the L&O universe which is why Mothership is my favorite.

I liked Kelli too and  I liked Rollins as well even if she was fucked up and I just wish that she was able to counter Benson more and challenge her like Stabler used to do when he was on the show but there is no way that Mariska would ever allow Benson to be called out on her bullshit. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, dttruman said:

I wonder who is truly responsible for that?

I'm guessing the very top. From this, it looks like unwanted exits/not-so-favorable treatment for female characters and characters of color is a pattern on Dick Wolf shows.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I suspect one of the L&O might move to Peacock. 

OC would work so much better as a streaming show on Peacock.  They could do a season of 8 or 10 episodes and drop it at a convenient time to pick up suscribers.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

OC would work so much better as a streaming show on Peacock.  They could do a season of 8 or 10 episodes and drop it at a convenient time to pick up suscribers.  

Agreed, I just can’t get into OC as much because of its multi-episode storyline format, it doesn’t feel like an L&O show, and it’s hard to follow. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I liked Kelli too and  I liked Rollins as well even if she was fucked up and I just wish that she was able to counter Benson more and challenge her like Stabler used to do when he was on the show but there is no way that Mariska would ever allow Benson to be called out on her bullshit. 

That’s the main issue with SVU now - that Benson is always right, and everyone has to worship her or pay the price. Used to she could be wrong and other main characters could have different views than her, and not everything had to revolve around her, but with the departures of Stabler, Cragen, Munch, Huang etc no one questions her now unless they are a villain, the word of St Olivia is holy and sacred and never wrong. It makes for a lot of predictable episodes where if Benson gets a negative vibe from someone they are always guilty of something, and it doesn’t help that every likable character on the show exists solely to kiss Benson’s ass and tell her she’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. The last “good guy” character to call her out a few times was Peter Stone, and he was eventually castrated by her. MH’s ego and influence has weakened the show badly, because we get fewer interesting cases and more Benson worship, agenda pushing and soapy melodrama.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

That’s the main issue with SVU now - that Benson is always right, and everyone has to worship her or pay the price. Used to she could be wrong and other main characters could have different views than her, and not everything had to revolve around her, but with the departures of Stabler, Cragen, Munch, Huang etc no one questions her now unless they are a villain, the word of St Olivia is holy and sacred and never wrong. It makes for a lot of predictable episodes where if Benson gets a negative vibe from someone they are always guilty of something, and it doesn’t help that every likable character on the show exists solely to kiss Benson’s ass and tell her she’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. The last “good guy” character to call her out a few times was Peter Stone, and he was eventually castrated by her. MH’s ego and influence has weakened the show badly, because we get fewer interesting cases and more Benson worship, agenda pushing and soapy melodrama.

hey, we don’t call her ‘saint olivia’ for nothing!

Edited by wonderwoman
spelling matters
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If OC went to Peacock, would that allow the show to have an "R" rating?

Edited by dttruman
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The last “good guy” character to call her out a few times was Peter Stone, and he was eventually castrated by her. MH’s ego and influence has weakened the show badly, because we get fewer interesting cases and more Benson worship, agenda pushing and soapy melodrama.

Cases in point "Zero Tolerance" and “Remember Me / Remember Me Too”, where Benson arrests a federal agent and some how gets Stone to prosecute, which the judge threw out. The other, a former trafficking victim kidnaps and assaults a person for raping her and actually kills another who may have had nothing to do with her rape. Stone prosecutes her, but Benson thought vigilantism was appropriate in this case, but Stone disagreed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Cases in point "Zero Tolerance" and “Remember Me / Remember Me Too”, where Benson arrests a federal agent and some how gets Stone to prosecute, which the judge threw out. The other, a former trafficking victim kidnaps and assaults a person for raping her and actually kills another who may have had nothing to do with her rape. Stone prosecutes her, but Benson thought vigilantism was appropriate in this case, but Stone disagreed.

Good examples of episodes where Benson was intolerable, and yet of course she was right in the end in Remember Me Too based on just her gut, because St Olivia’s gut is always right, and in Zero Tolerance somehow she didn’t even get any blowback over her stunt of arresting an ICE agent for doing his job. 
Now no sympathetic character even questions Benson - the current cast all just kisses her ass and tells her how special she is, and anyone who questions her is either a criminal or an unsympathetic character. I sure do miss the days when people could disagree with Benson and Benson could be wrong, now the show is just a soap opera that should be called “Everybody Loves Olivia”.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

That’s the main issue with SVU now - that Benson is always right, and everyone has to worship her or pay the price.

My main issue is that the show has lost the TV show character and mostly feels like they're doing advocacy. It always seems to be about the victim and getting justice for the victim. It should be, of course, but the earlier episodes were about the case. That included the victim but the detectives were trying to solve the case. Now, it feels like they're advocating for the victim more than that they're trying to solve the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is due to Hargitay's influence. From what I read, she's involved in victim advocacy and from the looks of it, she's using the show as an advocacy platform. I also think that it requires Olivia to be right so often. It doesn't bother me all that much as I think the point she makes is often right. But I do wish they'd move away from advocacy again and go back to having the focus on the case and solving the case. After all, it's a police procedural and not an advocacy platform.

As far as moving OC to streaming is concerned, I'm not subscribed, so I'd prefer it stay on NBC's regular line-up. ;-)

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

My main issue is that the show has lost the TV show character and mostly feels like they're doing advocacy. It always seems to be about the victim and getting justice for the victim. It should be, of course, but the earlier episodes were about the case. That included the victim but the detectives were trying to solve the case. Now, it feels like they're advocating for the victim more than that they're trying to solve the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is due to Hargitay's influence. From what I read, she's involved in victim advocacy and from the looks of it, she's using the show as an advocacy platform. I also think that it requires Olivia to be right so often. It doesn't bother me all that much as I think the point she makes is often right. But I do wish they'd move away from advocacy again and go back to having the focus on the case and solving the case. After all, it's a police procedural and not an advocacy platform.

As far as moving OC to streaming is concerned, I'm not subscribed, so I'd prefer it stay on NBC's regular line-up. ;-)

Fantastic point. I agree that MH’s real life activism is negatively impacting the show - Benson is supposed to be a police captain, not an activist/advocate, but because of MH’s influence over the show she wants to basically play herself and use the show as her platform. I think it leads to some people forgetting SVU is a fictional show that is primarily for entertainment, which is another problem, some fans get way too wound up about this show, and they need to be reminded that this is a fictional entertainment show and not a real life advocacy program. It’s good that the show can raise awareness about these issues, but the show should be primarily for entertainment. Both MH and a lot of the fans seem to have forgotten this. I also miss the suspense of the older episodes when there was more investigation and more twists, now many episodes are the same he said/she said rape cases we’ve seen over and over with Benson saving the day. 

• Love 3
On 8/26/2022 at 12:28 AM, WendyCR72 said:

New update there is a petition out there, trying to get enough signatures to force Wolf, NBC, and maybe Hargitay, but mostly Wolf to keep her on. It mentions the firing of Jamie Gray Hyder and Demore Barnes.

https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-kelli-giddish?recruiter=1274671260&recruited_by_id=c7804930-248f-11ed-bc77-9108dd55da13&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not to be a black cloud, but those petitions rarely do anything. Good luck, though. But as writing must be planned in advance, I think what's done is done.

I wonder how many episode scripts they had going this summer that had Rollins appearing in them?This sudden let go of Kelli Giddish has to put a lot of pressure on the writers and producers to make up for that. Unless it is real easy and they know how to make cookie cutter scripts like they do on the Lifetime Movie Network.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not to be a black cloud, but those petitions rarely do anything. Good luck, though. But as writing must be planned in advance, I think what's done is done.

If Mariska could not save her job, I doubt very much that a petition would do anything. Not to mention the network did not move heaven and earth to keep Christopher Meloni as Stabler.  So the show sees anybody other than Mariska as being expendable..

• Love 5
On 8/27/2022 at 8:56 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think it leads to some people forgetting SVU is a fictional show that is primarily for entertainment,

I don’t think anyone who watches this show believes it’s reality and not fiction. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t think anyone who watches this show believes it’s reality and not fiction. 🤷‍♀️

I’ve seen some people on social media get way too wound up over this show is what I’m saying - it’s just a tv show, but certain fans get bent out of shape if the show does a storyline that they dislike, or if a character, particularly Benson, says something that offends them. I know there are crazy fans out there with every popular show, but I’ve noticed this happens with SVU more than with most other shows, and I think it’s in part because of Mariska’s real life activism, certain people take the show way too seriously, that’s what I’m trying to say. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

it’s just a tv show, but certain fans get bent out of shape if the show does a storyline that they dislike, or if a character, particularly Benson, says something that offends them. I know there are crazy fans out there with every popular show, but I’ve noticed this happens with SVU more than with most other shows, and I think it’s in part because of Mariska’s real life activism, certain people take the show way too seriously, that’s what I’m trying to say. 

I think it's more of the Benson Fans that get very defensive and will hound anyone that says something bad about Benson or what she does. They will say how great she is and how evil the haters are.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I think it's more of the Benson Fans that get very defensive and will hound anyone that says something bad about Benson or what she does. They will say how great she is and how evil the haters are.

Yes there are some rabid Benson fans that do this, it’s very noticeable. I just think some people get way too worked up about this show, it’s a fictional tv show, I mean I’ve disliked a lot of the episodes and the direction the show has gone in the last few years and I’ve vented my frustrations here and on other forums but I know it’s just a fictional show for entertainment. Some people I’ve seen on Twitter get really wound up about the show all the time and I think they take it way too seriously, it seems to happen much more with SVU than with other crime shows that I watch, and I think that is partially due to Mariska and her activism, and I also remember the comment a couple of years ago where MH said that a lot of the time she couldn’t tell the difference between herself and Benson, and I thought that was bizarre, I’ve never heard any other actor say that about a character they play. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The thread seems to be veering away from media and toward fan behavior. Let's keep this thread to media.

Thanks and carry on.

So where do we actually stand with Rollins? Will she be appearing in the first few episodes or is she out as of now and the new detective is stepping in?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dttruman said:

So where do we actually stand with Rollins? Will she be appearing in the first few episodes or is she out as of now and the new detective is stepping in?

She’ll be appearing in the first few episodes, her final episode will air sometime this fall from what I’ve heard. I’m guessing the new detective will appear during one of the first episodes and they’ll give us a couple of episodes to get acquainted with her before Rollins leaves. 

• Love 1

She’ll be appearing in the first few episodes, her final episode will air sometime this fall from what I’ve heard. I’m guessing the new detective will appear during one of the first episodes and they’ll give us a couple of episodes to get acquainted with her before Rollins leaves. 

Makes sense. All the scripts they came up with the Rollins characters involved won't be junked now. Will her departure be uneventful and shown the door, or will she go down in a hail of bullets by an unhappy suspect who thought he was being targeted by Rollins?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Makes sense. All the scripts they came up with the Rollins characters involved won't be junked now. Will her departure be uneventful and shown the door, or will she go down in a hail of bullets by an unhappy suspect who thought he was being targeted by Rollins?

I’m certain Rollins will just leave to spend more time with her kids, they won’t kill her off. They may do something like they did with Kat where she gets shot/her life is in danger but she’ll pull through and decide to leave SVU. I’m sure Rollins’ relationship with Carisi will survive as well and Carisi will probably mention her on occasion after she leaves the show. 

6 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m certain Rollins will just leave to spend more time with her kids, they won’t kill her off. They may do something like they did with Kat where she gets shot/her life is in danger but she’ll pull through and decide to leave SVU. I’m sure Rollins’ relationship with Carisi will survive as well and Carisi will probably mention her on occasion after she leaves the show. 

If Carisi mentions her a few times, do you think we may see a pop in once or twice a season? I think Wolf Entertainment can afford to pay her for a Guest Spots a couple of times

48 minutes ago, dttruman said:

If Carisi mentions her a few times, do you think we may see a pop in once or twice a season? I think Wolf Entertainment can afford to pay her for a Guest Spots a couple of times

I think that will depend on if the actress is angry about being written out of the show. If there are hard feelings there, she probably won’t appear again, but if there aren’t, I could see her making a guest appearance on occasion, similar to how Garland appeared late last season after being written out at the start of the season. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I've read on a few sites that KG's last episode will be Episode 9. It's also been said she'll have a happy ending. I'm betting on baby #3 and a wedding down the line, off camera, with Carisi.

If there is a wedding, then there will definitely be some "pop ins" with Rollins and the kids.