Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: SVU in the Media

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How do we recognize and address victim blaming as a community? If you are unsure what victim-blaming is, please read more about it in this article

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m certain Rollins will just leave to spend more time with her kids, they won’t kill her off.

Who knows maybe they will pleasantly surprise us? I mean I'm sure they read my spec script where she is shot and killed and the bullet passes through her and hits Benson leaving Fin as CO for a multi-episode arc....

8 hours ago, dttruman said:

If Carisi mentions her a few times, do you think we may see a pop in once or twice a season? I think Wolf Entertainment can afford to pay her for a Guest Spots a couple of times

7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I think that will depend on if the actress is angry about being written out of the show. If there are hard feelings there, she probably won’t appear again, but if there aren’t, I could see her making a guest appearance on occasion, similar to how Garland appeared late last season after being written out at the start of the season. 

I think it will depend on if there is something going on beyond budgets. If for some reason somebody high up at NBC has gotten it on their head that KG is the problem and the reason the show feels stale she could end up being gone for awhile. As far as hurt feelings at this point any actor who signs on to a Dick Wolf show knows what they are in for and that if you roll with the punches there will usually be another payday down the line. KG had a good run and may very well end up with another leading role in a future series if she doesn't blast TPTB too publicly and can put aside the hard feelings for the sake of maintaining a working relationship.

• Love 5
On 8/30/2022 at 12:17 PM, Fellaway said:

I've read on a few sites that KG's last episode will be Episode 9. It's also been said she'll have a happy ending. I'm betting on baby #3 and a wedding down the line, off camera, with Carisi.

I had similar thoughts about a Carisi/Rollins marriage.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, preeya said:

I had similar thoughts about a Carisi/Rollins marriage.

I’m afraid we will be subjected to seeing a Rollins/Carisi marriage on screen in Rollins last episode, I think her and Carisi will get married and Rollins will leave SVU to spend more time with her kids. I’m already dreading seeing it, it will be such soapy dreck, I’m just happy it means no more Rollins on screen.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Worst News I have heard about SVU, and I hope its not very accurate.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/law-order-svu-showrunner-season-201500810.html

LOL whoever wrote that article is a dipshit, because this is season 24 that’s coming up, season 23 was last season!! Dumbass writer. But yeah this doesn’t sound promising, but what else is new, SVU is a soap opera now centering around St Olivia and her personal life, with a side dose of Rollins drama. It doesn’t shock me at all that they are continuing down the soapy route that they’ve dug for themselves.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

LOL whoever wrote that article is a dipshit, because this is season 24 that’s coming up, season 23 was last season!! Dumbass writer. But yeah this doesn’t sound promising, but what else is new, SVU is a soap opera now centering around St Olivia and her personal life, with a side dose of Rollins drama. It doesn’t shock me at all that they are continuing down the soapy route that they’ve dug for themselves.

Do you think this fall season part will be Rollins heavy, since we know that she is out unless there is some kind of miracle?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Do you think this fall season part will be Rollins heavy, since we know that she is out unless there is some kind of miracle?

Yes absolutely - I think they will shove as much of Rollins down our throat as possible in the fall season before she departs at the end of the year. Rollins is a writers pet, always has been, and I’m sure they will focus heavy on her when not focusing on Benson. Fin and Velasco will be window dressing, hell I bet the new detective gets more screen time than them, and Carisi will be reduced to dealing with Rollins drama. Blah.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yes absolutely - I think they will shove as much of Rollins down our throat as possible in the fall season before she departs at the end of the year. Rollins is a writers pet, always has been, and I’m sure they will focus heavy on her when not focusing on Benson. Fin and Velasco will be window dressing, hell I bet the new detective gets more screen time than them, and Carisi will be reduced to dealing with Rollins drama. Blah.

I thought Giddish was out when we found out she cost too much. I thought she made a handful of episodes already and all they need to do now is make an episode or two, to cover her leaving

8 hours ago, dttruman said:

Well, as far as modern/current-day SVU goes, I don't think John Oliver is wrong. Benson seems to be passionate about EVERY victim. The victim is never shown lying (which sadly does happen!) and the squad always seems to believe every word. (Also unrealistic. Police NOT believing some women is a component as to why some crimes go unreported!)

Dick Wolf used to tell stories with nuance, showing ALL sides of police work and personnel, good and not so great. As he has gotten older, he seems content to just cash the checks and reality/authenticity be damned.

To me, it has hurt the franchise overall and left a mark.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, as far as modern/current-day SVU goes, I don't think John Oliver is wrong. Benson seems to be passionate about EVERY victim. The victim is never shown lying (which sadly does happen!) and the squad always seems to believe every word. (Also unrealistic. Police NOT believing some women is a component as to why some crimes go unreported!)

Dick Wolf used to tell stories with nuance, showing ALL sides of police work and personnel, good and not so great. As he has gotten older, he seems content to just cash the checks and reality/authenticity be damned.

To me, it has hurt the franchise overall and left a mark.

You make good points - the Benson worship and “St Olivia is never wrong, justice always prevails” narrative has hurt SVU, and I blame Mariska more than Dick Wolf, she’s using the show to promote herself and her foundation and it’s harmed the quality of the show.

SVU has had moments of characters committing police brutality, mainly Stabler, however SVU is nothing compared to Wolf’s Chicago PD show, which blatantly glorifies police misconduct, all of the protagonists are dirty cops who’ve broken the law and abused their power to some extent or another, and the viewers are supposed to see these people as heroes. I find that pretty nauseating.

I can enjoy fictional crime shows even if they depict an unrealistic or overly positive view of law enforcement, original L&O is my favorite ever show, and I enjoy the other L&O’s and Wolf’s FBI franchise as well. I don’t expect any fictional tv show to be extremely realistic. However outright glorifying misconduct, corruption and abuse of power is disgusting IMO, and it’s why I cannot enjoy the Chicago PD show at all. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

@Xeliou66, I find Chicago PD unwatchable, so needless to say, I agree with your assessment of that particular show and criminal behavior being glorified.

I think one of the reasons the Chicago Justice show failed was that it was closely linked to PD, and since the characters on Justice were very by the book and cared about the law - Peter Stone in particular was like that, it was just incompatible with PD where the characters break the law every episode and have no respect for how things are supposed to be done. The shows were so different in tone that Justice couldn’t succeed and coexist with PD. I am not a fan of any of the Chicago shows, they are all soap operas, and I find PD particularly repulsive.

Back to SVU - I do wish they would have some episodes where the bad guy does win, or where the “victim” turns out to be lying, or just have more variety of episodes and endings. So often the show is so extremely predictable that it just gets stale and boring, and I think MH, not Dick Wolf, is the main cause of this, Mariska wants to constantly play the hero and save the day in every episode and push a certain narrative and promote her foundation, so we get an endless amount of he said/she said cases where Benson saves the day. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think that the problem is too much time is spent on the soapy personal anguish stories to really get into the nuances. Add to that the reduction in recurring characters and the overall reduction in cast size and it becomes really hard to tell some of the stories you mention properly. It really is true that victims lying about being assaulted is rare. Victims lying about the circumstances is much more common. If they still regularly had psych experts, CSU, ME etc. and were willing to bring in more bit players and spend time chasing false leads that didn't have to come back as "a shocking twist" maybe they could do nuance. And yes it is a bit unrealistic for the police to be so sympathetic and skilled, but how can they not when there is always someone there who has been doing this for well over a decade? I mean most homicide units don't have that luxury...

Yeah he really doesn't care about the content anymore. Or even pay much attention to what he's churning out. And hasn't for some time. It's been clear when he's been interviewed on the subject and instead of pointing out that he's been examining these issues for over 20 years and his police have never been perfect, nor have his prosecutors has simply shrugged it off. It's a shame that most of us here could mount a more eloquent and informed defense and seem more familiar with the last couple decades of the franchise than he does.

4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

You make good points - the Benson worship and “St Olivia is never wrong, justice always prevails” narrative has hurt SVU, and I blame Mariska more than Dick Wolf, she’s using the show to promote herself and her foundation and it’s harmed the quality of the show.

SVU has had moments of characters committing police brutality, mainly Stabler, however SVU is nothing compared to Wolf’s Chicago PD show, which blatantly glorifies police misconduct, all of the protagonists are dirty cops who’ve broken the law and abused their power to some extent or another, and the viewers are supposed to see these people as heroes. I find that pretty nauseating.

I can enjoy fictional crime shows even if they depict an unrealistic or overly positive view of law enforcement, original L&O is my favorite ever show, and I enjoy the other L&O’s and Wolf’s FBI franchise as well. I don’t expect any fictional tv show to be extremely realistic. However outright glorifying misconduct, corruption and abuse of power is disgusting IMO, and it’s why I cannot enjoy the Chicago PD show at all. 

Agreed on all counts. I do prefer my police procedurals to at least nod towards reality. Not every cop show needs to be The Wire. Or even The Shield. And it's possible for a series to get so wrapped up in the negative that the characters are no longer relatable or it goes too far into demonizing (Southland).  There is plenty of copaganda out there. But there are also series like L&O or The Closer where the viewer is still supposed to root for the protagonists without forgetting about the problems in the real life institution or making everyone cardboard saints. There is room on television for good but flawed people in all professions. Every institution is flawed. But there is still room for stories about lawyers, doctors, soldiers, politicians, corporate executives, clergy, and even cops trying to do their best despite those flaws. Should we cancel Blue Bloods or Chicago PD? Yes. But not because of their effect on the culture which is minimal at best. Because they fail as art and don't really work lately even as mindless entertainment.

Edited by wknt3
ducking autocorrect
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2022 at 5:54 PM, dttruman said:

Worst News I have heard about SVU, and I hope its not very accurate.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/law-order-svu-showrunner-season-201500810.html

I saw this a few days ago and my first thought was "uh"? Of course, effects of trauma can manifest years later but this seems like several seasons too late.

But what they say about Meloni being in every scene of OC explains why Olivia's always the one who makes an OC appearance and we don't see Stabler on SVU.

12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is part of what I was trying to say when I said the episodes seem to have become about the victim. The victim is always truthful and always right and always credible, at least, to the police. It didn't feel like that in earlier seasons and the episodes were about how the detectives solved the case and how it was prosecuted.

I get that they want to be mindful of the fact that it's difficult enough for a woman to be believed, so they want to show that even if the victim may not be entirely forthcoming, they need to be believed. But, as I said, it's a TV show, not advocacy and I'm sure there are respectful ways to have a case where things aren't just black and white and the victim is always telling the truth and the accused is always guilty.

10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Back to SVU - I do wish they would have some episodes where the bad guy does win, or where the “victim” turns out to be lying, or just have more variety of episodes and endings.

Given how difficult it is for sexual assault victims to get justice, I don't mind that the bad guys always lose in court. I would be okay with more plea deals, though.

As far as variety is concerned, remember when in the early season they had a mother and a daughter who were sociopaths and manipulative and turned out to not be victims? I don't think that this was an episode that hurt the credibility of sexual assault victims but the victim was not an actual victim. And when was the last time we actually got a case about a child? I feel like they've completely forgotten that aspect of the show.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Mislav said:

This did not age well.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, technically, he kept his word! (Since that referred to the 20th season. Hee.)

I don't think it's even a matter of technically. He had no plans to come back. Then they came along with an interesting pitch and a payday and he came back to the franchise. And as you said he didn't come back for the 20h season. Plus it's just wrong to say anything of Chris Meloni has not aged well...

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

I don't think it's even a matter of technically. He had no plans to come back. Then they came along with an interesting pitch and a payday and he came back to the franchise. And as you said he didn't come back for the 20h season. Plus it's just wrong to say anything of Chris Meloni has not aged well...

Does anybody know why Chris left the show?  I liked Stabler flaws and all because losing him gave us St. Olivia.  Olivia was so much likeable when he was around because he balanced her worst tendencies..

I always thought that the episode "doubt" in the earlier seasons showed the Elliot/Olivia dynamic when it came to a he said she said situation..  There was another episode where a married couple was fighting over their daughter.  The woman accused her ex husband of rape and in the end he did kill her and Olivia found out that she had lied about being rape.  Her lies and continuous machinations led to her death at her husband's hands.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Does anybody know why Chris left the show?  I liked Stabler flaws and all because losing him gave us St. Olivia.  Olivia was so much likeable when he was around because he balanced her worst tendencies..

I always thought that the episode "doubt" in the earlier seasons showed the Elliot/Olivia dynamic when it came to a he said she said situation..  There was another episode where a married couple was fighting over their daughter.  The woman accused her ex husband of rape and in the end he did kill her and Olivia found out that she had lied about being rape.  Her lies and continuous machinations led to her death at her husband's hands.

I think contract disputes led to Meloni leaving after season 12.

I’ve never been a huge Stabler fan but I liked how him and Benson balanced each other out some, and Benson was way more likable in the earlier seasons when characters like Stabler, Cragen, Munch and Huang could disagree with her and not be vilified. It led to interesting discussions where you could see multiple points of view. Now, St Olivia is always right and anyone who questions her is vilified and everyone on the show exists to kiss her ass and tell her how great she is.

Burned from season 8 is the other episode you are referring to, I like that episode, a good example of how Benson/Stabler balanced each other out and I could see both of their points of view on the case.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 5

To Evolve, Law & Order SVU Had to Ax One of Its Long-Running Characters

Detective Rollins isn’t SVU’s only problem; she’s just one part of a wider issue with cop shows and law enforcement more broadly. She was protected from ever having to grow up and learn from her mistakes. Getting rid of her isn’t going to solve every Law & Order problem, but it’s at least a step in the right direction.

The article doesn't criticize KG, but it pulls no punches when it comes to Rollins, and deservedly so. It expresses many of the problems some of us, myself included, have had with Rollins over the seasons. I feel bad for KG, but Rollins should've lost her shield a long time ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/24/2022 at 1:16 AM, Fellaway said:

The article doesn't criticize KG, but it pulls no punches when it comes to Rollins, and deservedly so. It expresses many of the problems some of us, myself included, have had with Rollins over the seasons. I feel bad for KG, but Rollins should've lost her shield a long time ago. 

One thing that I did like about Rollins was when she would challenge Olivia's activism.  While she may not have always been sympathetic to victims at times I did like how she would question them and their stories.  

• Love 6
On 9/24/2022 at 1:16 AM, Fellaway said:

5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

One thing that I did like about Rollins was when she would challenge Olivia's activism.  While she may not have always been sympathetic to victims at times I did like how she would question them and their stories.  

While having someone challenging Benson is all well and good (I mentioned in the mothership thread on the crossover how much I loved McCoy saying she was not in charge of everything and that the DA's office made the decisions about who testified) I do not think they had Rollins play this role consistently or well.. They have had Fin as the voice of reason, but Rollins was all over the place just to create dramatic conflict as necessary. Sometimes she was too close to the victim, sometimes she was judging them morally, depending on what was required to have dramatic conflict that week. It was especially galling to have Rollins ever questioning someone else's decisions about their love life, given that she had not only a beam in her eye, but an entire California Redwood.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Case in point: 'Dissonant Voices.'

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

That was another episode where they bent over backwards to prove the singing teacher or coach was guilty (by bad circumstantial evidence), yet when they found out they were wrong, they never tried to exonerate him to the public. Now, did they do that so not to tarnish the image of Benson being a victim's activist or they just didn't want to put in the extra money to make it a good episode?

• Love 4
20 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

I also liked her in the episode when she questioned Benson going after that guy who pretended to be a professor to get laid.. I remember her saying that a lot of men lie about themselves to get women to sleep with them.   My hate for Benson was sealed after that disgusting episode.

Barber was even worst for not telling her that she was wrong to equate catfishing to rape.. Not to mention that the woman used her body to try and get her son into her desired college.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I also liked her in the episode when she questioned Benson going after that guy who pretended to be a professor to get laid.. I remember her saying that a lot of men lie about themselves to get women to sleep with them.   My hate for Benson was sealed after that disgusting episode.

Barber was even worst for not telling her that she was wrong to equate catfishing to rape.. Not to mention that the woman used her body to try and get her son into her desired college.  

That episode was one of the worst in SVU’s history and that was about the time they started turning Barba into Benson’s puppet who lost his backbone and couldn’t do anything without Benson’s permission. That episode was such a joke.

I liked how Rollins could sometimes challenge Benson, but Rollins’ characterization was so all over the map with no consistency that she was mainly used as a plot device for drama, she had no consistency and she frequently was judgmental towards people and let her personal life cloud her judgment. And take Rollins relationship with Benson for example, Benson wanted to fire her in season 15 (and rightfully so, Rollins should’ve been fired) and she still lacked trust in Rollins in season 17 and then suddenly at the start of season 19 her and Benson are BFF’s just like that with no explanation, just because the writers and Mariska wanted to portray a female friendship. And I’ve never seen any romantic chemistry between Rollins/Carisi, the writers just forced them together because of their love of soapy drama, Carisi could do a lot better. I’ve always found Rollins to be an unlikable character and a writers pet and I’ve gotten beyond sick of her personal crap. I’m glad Rollins will be gone soon. Just my take on the whole thing.

Anyway, about the show in the media, does anyone else find it weird that NBC hasn’t released an official episode synopsis for this week’s episode? Usually we get that at least a week in advance. From what I’ve heard, this week’s episode will be about a gang attack on a subway and the new detective will be introduced, but it’s very strange that something official hasn’t been released.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

From what I’ve heard, this week’s episode will be about a gang attack on a subway and the new detective will be introduced

From what they put out, it's about teens, who are after tourists, and the SVU is working overtime

• Love 1

We have a popular saying here in Australia... "Not Happy Jan".

Not happy that SVU/OC etc are on the Peacock platform.  Can't get that here in Australia.  I can get Hulu (ssshhh), but alas they're no longer on there (same with the Chicago franchises plus a few of my other regular shows I watch).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nessa said:

We have a popular saying here in Australia... "Not Happy Jan".

Not happy that SVU/OC etc are on the Peacock platform.  Can't get that here in Australia.  I can get Hulu (ssshhh), but alas they're no longer on there (same with the Chicago franchises plus a few of my other regular shows I watch).

If it's any consolation, you aren't missing a whole lot on SVU. Granted I am still hooked on it because I been a fan since the beginning, but most of the time I come away disappointed. It's like being a dedicated fan of some sports team who attends every game (or match) only to seem them lose and sometimes expect them to lose.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Huffington Post taking a shot at Police Dramas

https://www.yahoo.com/news/law-order-other-cop-network-155629766.html

Not trying to start a fight with anyone, but I feel like these pieces are just garbage by people trying to portray themselves as superior to those of us who do enjoy crime procedurals/police dramas. I don’t get their need to constantly shit on forms of entertainment they dislike - for example I dislike romance shows and stories, but I don’t insult those who do like them or feel the need to put them down.

I wish people would remember these shows are fictional entertainment shows - don’t like it, change the channel, there are literally a thousand other channels out there. The purpose of fictional shows is to entertain the viewers, not everything has to be super-realistic and make a social statement, if I wanted real life I would watch a news channel, there’s nothing wrong with entertainment not being 100% realistic and depressing, I want an escape from real life when I watch tv shows.

So basically I’m saying the writers of these “hit pieces” railing against police shows and crime dramas can shove their virtue signaling and sense of superiority - let people enjoy whatever kind of entertainment they enjoy and stop putting people down because of it. If you don’t like or are offended by a show/movie, change the channel.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Not trying to start a fight with anyone, but I feel like these pieces are just garbage by people trying to portray themselves as superior to those of us who do enjoy crime procedurals/police dramas. I don’t get their need to constantly shit on forms of entertainment they dislike - for example I dislike romance shows and stories, but I don’t insult those who do like them or feel the need to put them down.

I wish people would remember these shows are fictional entertainment shows - don’t like it, change the channel, there are literally a thousand other channels out there. The purpose of fictional shows is to entertain the viewers, not everything has to be super-realistic and make a social statement, if I wanted real life I would watch a news channel, there’s nothing wrong with entertainment not being 100% realistic and depressing, I want an escape from real life when I watch tv shows.

So basically I’m saying the writers of these “hit pieces” railing against police shows and crime dramas can shove their virtue signaling and sense of superiority - let people enjoy whatever kind of entertainment they enjoy and stop putting people down because of it. If you don’t like or are offended by a show/movie, change the channel.

I have no problem with overanalyzing L&O shows (looking around at the glass walls and roof...) I just wish that more of these pieces got more of their facts right given that they spend so much of their time criticizing viewers for not thinking more deeply and the writers and producers for not being more accurate. I mean even if we ignore the differences between the L&Overse and other Dick Wolf shows, SVU itself has gone through at least four different eras of storytelling and messaging. Except for perhaps the idea that sexually based offenses are especially heinous and therefore suspected sex offenders should not be fully entitled to civil rights I don't think there is really any consistent throughline on the issues being explored in these articles if you look at the highly realistic if idealistic early years of the show, the campy later Baer years, the grimdark immediate post-Stabler era, or the "woke" advocacy of the past half dozen seasons. And taking Dick Wolf promo interviews as reflecting the views that actually make it to the screen shows you haven't done even minimal homework as we all know he barely reads the scripts much less writes anything these days. I don't have any problem with savaging SVU's writing or the disconnect between intent and execution as a quick look at my posting history will demonstrate, but I do expect that criticism to be grounded in an actual understanding of both the shows and the broader issues and too many of these pieces lack that.

• Love 6

So Olivia will be her maid/matron of honor when she walks down the aisle with Sonny.  Let's hope Mama Carisi makes an appearance!  (That's Beverly D'Angelo.)

Amanda will live on and appear on the OC!  Glad she'll keep getting work.  I love Kelli Giddish the actress (she is gorgeous) but don't like how her character has been written over the years to make her a trainwreck and hypocrite.

Until Dec 8th . . .

• Love 2
On 10/12/2022 at 11:05 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Let's hope Mama Carisi makes an appearance!  (That's Beverly D'Angelo.)

I'd expect her to make an appearance, I just wonder if the writers would put in a part where she makes some kind of scene. It wouldn't be the same if she didn't do something or say something outrageous, like she did in some of those other episodes she appeared in.

• Wink 1
11 hours ago, dttruman said:

I'd expect her to make an appearance, I just wonder if the writers would put in a part where she makes some kind of scene. It wouldn't be the same if she didn't do something or say something outrageous, like she did in some of those other episodes she appeared in.

Let's certainly hope so!  I expect Mrs. Carisi to have issue with the fact that her darling son is marrying a woman who has two out-of-wedlock children with two different fathers.  She might also object to the time between engagement and wedding, being an overly protective mom only looking out for her little boy's best interests and not wanting him to make a mistake.  (I don't really know the time frame but it's just a thought.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

Let's certainly hope so!  I expect Mrs. Carisi to have issue with the fact that her darling son is marrying a woman who has two out-of-wedlock children with two different fathers.  She might also object to the time between engagement and wedding, being an overly protective mom only looking out for her little boy's best interests and not wanting him to make a mistake.  (I don't really know the time frame but it's just a thought.)

Yes, we could have a major mother-in-law confrontation at the wedding. "Two out-of-wedlock children with two different fathers" might be a problem with Momma Carisi, But a bigger problem might be if Sonny announces he is adopting the two kids. Will Momma Carisi insists they be raised Catholic?

There is a minor mistake I over looked, that needs correcting. Mrs Carisi is mentioned as Beverly D'Angelo in comments above. Beverly D'Angelo actually plays Rollins' mother.

Will Rollins dare to wear white for her wedding gown?

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, dttruman said:

Next time, please give more details, I sat through that stupid video with Meloni and Hargitay thinking Florek would enter into the video and talk about the house..

Sorry. Didn't notice any vid, just the article.

Edited by Fellaway
Punctuation counts.
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dttruman said:

Yes, we could have a major mother-in-law confrontation at the wedding. "Two out-of-wedlock children with two different fathers" might be a problem with Momma Carisi, But a bigger problem might be if Sonny announces he is adopting the two kids. Will Momma Carisi insists they be raised Catholic?

There is a minor mistake I over looked, that needs correcting. Mrs Carisi is mentioned as Beverly D'Angelo in comments above. Beverly D'Angelo actually plays Rollins' mother.

Will Rollins dare to wear white for her wedding gown?

Actually, Amanda Rollins' mother is Beth Anne Rollins, played by the wonderful (IMHO) Virginia Madsen.  Beverly D'Angelo plays Serafina Carisi, the mother of ADA Dominick Carisi, Jr.  (Taken from the Law and Order Fandom and IMDb just to be sure.)

Yes, they must have a MIL duel!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2022 at 12:08 AM, CrystalBlue said:

Actually, Amanda Rollins' mother is Beth Anne Rollins, played by the wonderful (IMHO) Virginia Madsen.  Beverly D'Angelo plays Serafina Carisi, the mother of ADA Dominick Carisi, Jr.  (Taken from the Law and Order Fandom and IMDb just to be sure.)

We now have definite proof that senility is setting in. I would have sworn on a "Stack of Bibles" or "Bet the Farm", that Beverly "D'Angelo played Rollins Mom. I don't know where or how I got that idea or what.

My most humblest apologies  goes out to CrystalBlue for such a blunder.

Edited by dttruman
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
On 10/31/2022 at 12:08 AM, CrystalBlue said:

Rollins mother was terrible and I felt so bad for Rollins when her mother basically rejected her while she was heavily pregnant for not protecting her sister who was a criminal.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Rollins mother was terrible and I felt so bad for Rollins when her mother basically rejected her while she was heavily pregnant for not protecting her sister who was a criminal.

Agreed.  Virginia Madsen plays the part well and I like her as an actress.  Mama Rollins is the engineer of that train wreck family!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, illdoc said:

As if the Carisi/Rollins wedding (?) wasn't enough, we get more Benson/Stabler: https://tvline.com/2022/11/21/law-and-order-svu-benson-stabler-feelings-season-24-episode-9/

Ugh, I want to throw up. Why the fuck am I even still watching this god awful soap opera? I’m so tempted to skip the next episode, but I’m sure I’ll suffer through it.

7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I really wish TPTB were still shrewd enough to know how to straddle the writing line between 'shippers and the non-shippers, allowing imaginations to do the work.

I wish so as well, but the writers love soapy drama and are massive shippers themselves, it’s like the show has been taken over by fanfic writers. SVU has gotten so far away from what made it a good show. I’m so tempted to stop watching entirely, especially now that the Mothership is back and has found it’s stride and actually delivers high quality episodes. SVU has gone down the crapper, and I can only hope that Rollins leaving will mean better cases and more focus on the characters who are neglected, but I’m afraid it will just mean more St Olivia drama.

• Love 2