Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: SVU in the Media

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How do we recognize and address victim blaming as a community? If you are unsure what victim-blaming is, please read more about it in this article

• Start Topic

Guys, it's fine to comment on the article.  It's not fine to use the forum to speculate as to Mariska's motivations for coming forward.  Please lets also keep the conversations cordial.

11 minutes ago, preeya said:

FOUND THIS ARTICLE THIS MORNING:

https://bityl.co/O5ba

Ugh, as if they haven’t shoved everything about St Olivia down our throats already, they are giving her even more angst and screentime to make over dramatic faces and play the savior. Blah. Her crap has dragged the show into the gutter, which is a shame because if they focused less on trying to make Benson look like a saint and making everything revolve around her, and more on the cases, and gave the others some more screen time, the show could be good.

I like the squad of detectives SVU has now, Fin/Bruno have great chemistry and are really enjoyable to watch, and I like Velasco as well. They could use another detective or two, not sure where Churlish went, and it’s bizarre the IAB Captain in making a lateral move to work with SVU, but I like this squad of detectives, and of course Carisi is good, I hope to see him in court more soon. But the non Benson cast doesn’t get much to do, while Benson is more annoying than ever.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Well this should be... bizarre! 

Rockefeller Center will turn into an SVU-immersive experience

The area will temporarily be renamed "Olivia Benson Plaza."

The unofficial area renaming is part of a wider activation that will last two days, March 14 and March 15 from 10am to 6pm, and will include complimentary coffee and tea beverages at the Benson & Co. Coffee truck

Let me guess - the Iced-Tea will be really good, and the Peter Scone-ivino will look great, but you only get tiny servings because they insist that what you really want is more of the Captain Liv Flat White...

Edited by wknt3
  • LOL 3

SVU has been renewed for season 26. The Mothership was renewed for season 24 as well. OC hasn’t been renewed yet, it’s still being discussed.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So as if Mariska’s ego wasn’t big enough, the NY MTA just entered a licensing deal with Wolf to sell an SVU metrocard.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/the-mta-is-releasing-a-limited-edition-law-order-svu-metrocard-040424

Wow. I guess we know that whatever other failings the writing may have, trading positive portrayals for sponsorship isn't one of them. I mean this is only slightly less surprising than finding out one of the local colleges is rebranding as Hudson University for a week...

Edited by wknt3
ducking autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/6/2024 at 5:18 PM, wknt3 said:

So as if Mariska’s ego wasn’t big enough, the NY MTA just entered a licensing deal with Wolf to sell an SVU metrocard.

Hargitay is going to want a major cut of the card, and the card will be as reliable as the quality of each episode, which will be hit and miss most of the time.

• LOL 1

I know a lot of people don’t like MH, but I thought this was sweet:

While filming one of the final episodes of season 25 of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in New York City on April 10, Hargitay, 60, was approached by a little girl who believed her to be a real police officer based on the badge she wore as part of her character’s outfit.

A witness tells PEOPLE that the little girl had been separated from her mother in the Anne Loftus Playground in Fort Tryon Park and enlisted Hargitay for help. The actress obliged, halting production for 20 minutes to help the child locate her mother and to console them both.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mariska-hargitay-dressed-her-svu-154056441.html

• Like 4
  • Love 2