Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: A Fashion Show

• Start Topic

I agree the trip to the Children's Museum was fun to watch. Will was hilarious when he thought he could take the pretend groceries home.

The fashion show was a snooze fest although I'm highly envious of Tasha's fabulous shoes. I thought Zoe looked gorgeous in her blue floral dress.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the whole thing. Loved the fashion show, but I'm dog crazy, so that's just me.

OK, Bill, couldn't you just come out and say. "plus it's good advertising for Rocky and Maggie's". I'm not being mean, it was a good business decision and it was for a great cause. I'd love to know what they were able to donate.

I thought the birthday recognition was a bit much for the venue, but everyone looked happy.

Typical kid, Zoe. Scared of the slide but once she did, it she didn't want to leave.

And Jen, rockin' those pushups.

• Love 3

The Children's Museum looked like so much fun.  Zoey in the "vet clinic" was adorable.  I'd climb into the cage with the patients, too if I could.  Bill carrying her out kicking on his shoulder : "It's like carrying a greased pickle on your shoulder".

Bill is such a hoot.  "There's a small chance the stage could go ablaze, the dogs start biting people, and everybody will die.  Very small".  heh.  He was funny with his younger brother, Joey-bag-of-donuts; they seem to have a very close relationship.  I loved the fashion show; from the red carpet, step & repeat, rescue tents and butler-passed doggie hors d'oeuvres on silver platters, it was a fantastic event.

• Love 4

Anyone that supports animal shelters is on my list as a hero.  I don't care if they advertised the store every 10 seconds when the money was going to help abandoned and abused animals.

Love the kids at the museum.  As someone else pointed out, Zoey is a typical toddler with "no, no, no" followed by "again, again, again" once she tried the slide.

Bill's comments make me laugh out loud.  A "greased pickle" indeed.

• Love 5

I was confused how the dog fashion show was going to earn money for the dog shelters. I know they asked for donations and I'm sure most (if not all) the vendors provided their services as a donation or at a reduced cost (especially those that got to 'advertise' during the show). But it seemed like a really big event with not a lot of potential for big donations. Unless the paper the people were waiving were tickets with the proceeds going to the dog shelters? I think it could have made a bigger impact if the dog 'models' were dogs available to adopt. 

I love Children's Museums. They are always so neat, even for this grown-up. I liked seeing the kids at the Children's Museum. 

• Love 4

Enjoying the fact that they split Bill with Zoey and Jen with Will at the children's museum.  Zoey was just like my kid all scared on the slide at first then afterwards you could not get her off the thing.  I like the fact that that they remind the audience how far they have come.  

Dog show? Meh.  But I guess they needed filler and to show Bill "working".  

• Love 1

Bill reported on Twitter they raised "a couple grand" toward the rescue groups. Seems kind of vague and low to me compared to the brou ha ha that went into planning it--although anything is appreciated for those groups.

Edited by Snow8585
  • Love 3

Bill reported on Twitter they raised "a couple grand" toward the rescue groups. Seems kind of vague and low to me compared to the brou ha ha that went into planning it--although anything is appreciated for those groups.

That's it?! Hell, Bill could have just written a check and saved himself the trouble. The fashion show was basically a tax write-off, episode filler, advertising combo done under the guise of charity, but whatever. All businesses do it, so I won't knock Bill, but that really isn't a lot of money raised to warrant such a big production.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

One of the cutest scenes (and if you blinked, you missed it) was this one IMO:

When Rocky started down the runway, Zoey pointed and leaned over and told someone, "That's Rocky." She looked like a little adult when she did that, and I thought it was precious. Of course, I think EVERYTHING Zoey does is precious. Lol

• Love 9

The show was okay, I enjoyed the dog show to an extent. I'm mainly here for the kids, so look forward to next week's Halloween episode.

I've been to that museum and it's great. Also nice to see Kate, I was wondering if she was still around. Would've liked to see the kids interacting with their uncle (Will's godfather).

• Love 2

I fell asleep during the episode, that doggy fashion show was a snoozefest, great intentions but too much work for too little gain.  The kid's museum was cute.  I noticed the kids were bare footed on the equipment and I guess they have both gotten over their meltdowns when they couldn't have shoes or oos according to Will! 

• Love 2

According to our local news sources, the fashion show provided food trucks for the purchase of food, a "swag bag" for each guest, a photo booth and a raffle.  Each person there had purchased a ticket to attend, and there were dog rescues there with dogs available for adoption.  There were booths where people could purchase clothes and toys for their pets.  More than likely, the vendors paid a fee to set up their booths.  A lot of things that we as viewers did not see.

• Love 6
Lillybee, on 27 Jan 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Jen really rocked those push-ups. I noticed that she didn't do the girls one, too.

I couldn't do a push up if you paid me in cat food or cigarettes, so I am in utter awe of Jen's preternatural upper body strength!   Who knew?!  :-D

• Love 4

It's easy to see a small statured child as younger than they are and treat them younger.  It's the teacher in me that comes out to remember the true age and remind people of her or Will's real age and proper developmental stage.  I do it with my daughter, too, if she calls grandson a toddler.  :)  His younger sister really isn't a toddler any more, but I'll let that slide a few more months. 

Ratings:  1.442 M viewers and a .39 rating.  Roughly 50% higher than the Kate Plus 8 episode that followed. 

• Love 1

I thought that Will was starting to play to the camera and crowd in this episode. I think that both children are starting to realize that the world thinks that they are adorable. This will mean trouble for them going forward. While adults think that they are just precious, other kids won't care. They won't think that everything that Will and Zoey does is just adorable, and will treat them accordingly. I think that Bill and Jen are setting their kids up for a world of hurt and disillusionment.

Will and Zoey do get a lot of positive attention when they are at public events with their parents, but I doubt they have a  concept of “the world" finding them adorable because for one thing they’re too young to be on social media so they don’t know how many fans they have.  But also they go to regular school where they interact with other children without, I presume, getting special attention other than whatever their stature might require. As someone who was an overly shy child, I admire that thus far these two children are learning to be comfortable and outgoing around other people, an attitude I hope they continue to cultivate as they grow up. Their parents seem to be encouraging them to be considerate and polite, not spoiled or obnoxious, so hopefully they will live out a self-fulfilling prophecy where they expect other people to like them and that is what happens.

• Love 8

I just read a blurb for next weeks' show. It said Jen's parents were moving back to Florida and that both families were having a joint garage sale. Say it ain't so !!!!

I just read a blurb for next weeks' show. It said Jen's parents were moving back to Florida and that both families were having a joint garage sale. Say it ain't so !!!!

I posted that on the Humans Thread because it wasn't about this episode, there is a discussion over there at least until next week!   

Cute episode, I enjoyed it.

If anyone but Bill was doing the doggie fashion show I may have found it boring; but he made it fun. Love him. Cracked up when he compared Jen to Vin Diesel doing the push-ups ;)

• Love 1

I was confused how the dog fashion show was going to earn money for the dog shelters. I know they asked for donations and I'm sure most (if not all) the vendors provided their services as a donation or at a reduced cost (especially those that got to 'advertise' during the show). But it seemed like a really big event with not a lot of potential for big donations. Unless the paper the people were waiving were tickets with the proceeds going to the dog shelters? I think it could have made a bigger impact if the dog 'models' were dogs available to adopt.

I love Children's Museums. They are always so neat, even for this grown-up. I liked seeing the kids at the Children's Museum.

That's what I thought initially that all of the model dogs would be up for adoption but once the auditions started I knew different. It seems he was more about glamour and having it be on larger scale than what it was truly meant for. Edited by eributterfly
  • Love 1

I couldn't do a push up if you paid me in cat food or cigarettes, so I am in utter awe of Jen's preternatural upper body strength!   Who knew?!  :-D

Remember she's barely 50lbs and as a child she said she could do 100 push-ups in a matter of minutes.

In regards to the physical fitness guy that prompted Jen on the pushups:

He looked ALOT like a guy that had adopted a dog on the show "Pitbulls and Parolees" (dogs name was "Debbie").  I thought I remember they made the drive to Texas to give this guy Debbie; and that he was a very physical fit guy.  Only later to return the dog,  no explanation given.   So I was giving this guy a major side eye.

I'm wondering if anyone, in particular WalnutQueen, remembers this guy

Guess all those neck & back fusion surgeries really DID pay off.

ahem.  :-)

Quoting WQ to draw her attention to my post.  (I hope this is ok board etiquette. If not, my apologies and I can take it to a pm.)  

• Love 2
jnymph, on 29 Jan 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

In regards to the physical fitness guy that prompted Jen on the pushups:

He looked ALOT like a guy that had adopted a dog on the show "Pitbulls and Parolees" (dogs name was "Debbie").  I thought I remember they made the drive to Texas to give this guy Debbie; and that he was a very physical fit guy.  Only later to return the dog,  no explanation given.   So I was giving this guy a major side eye.

I'm wondering if anyone, in particular WalnutQueen, remembers this guy

Quoting WQ to draw her attention to my post.  (I hope this is ok board etiquette. If not, my apologies and I can take it to a pm.)  

Darn, I didn't really pay any attention to the guy, so I don't know if he's the same one who returned Debbie.  If he is, I'm giving him the stinkeye, too, jnymph.  ;-)

• Love 1

Pushup guy seemed like a douche. I got the impression he was trying to almost embarrass her and it blew right up in his face.

He was a total dick. For one thing, Jen was in a dress, with hair and makeup done, getting ready to go on tv. I'm sure the last thing she felt like doing was getting sweaty by doing push-ups. I loved that she gave him the big F.U. and started cranking them out like a pro.

I haven't watched Pitbulls and Parolees in a while, but he seems like the kind of jerk who would return a dog after one day "because it wasn't working out."

• Love 5

I don't have concrete evidence, but the more I think about it, I'm fairly certain that is the same guy.

First off, I recall the P&P episode this guy was (allegedly ;) )  in.  Didn't get a REAL good look at him on the Little Couple episode, but he had that very same accent and similar build.   On the P&P episode, I remember he said he needed a dog that could go on runs with him because he was a very, active guy into physical fitness.   When he adopted Debbie, they drove her all the way to his home in Dallas (P&P is based in New Orleans) and all seemed great.

According to the P&P web page, this guy asked them to take Debbie back because she barked at some children walking by.  P&P said that was quite normal for Debbie as she is a friendly, inquisitive dog. 

I'm thinking that this guy is a fame whore doing whatever it takes to get on reality TV.   What an asshole. Douche extraordinaire!  

Glad Jen rubbed his face in it with her awesome pushups and she didn't miss a beat.    LOOOOOVED Bill saying, something to the effect of,  " This guy doesn't know who he's messin' with ! " ... and subsequent Vin Diesel comment.  Love. It.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 4

TLC ran a 4-hour show marathon this morning & this was 1 of the eps included. I missed it when it was on originally, so I'm glad I saw it today.

I had to laugh when Bill was making his presentation at the dog fashion show & Will burst out, "Hi Daddy!", like he did in the episode where Jen, Bill & the kids went to lobby in Congress for that children's health-related legislation & Will said "Hi Mommy!" (or maybe just "Mommy") when Jen was making her presentation on behalf of the legislation. I know, in reality, it was rude of Will to burst out like that but he's cute, & proud of his parents, so I'd have forgiven him, on both counts, if I'd been there.

• Love 5

Are you serious? Only $2000. He at least spent 3 or 4x that. Especially when Chloe wanted a dressing area and hair and makeup for the walkers of the dogs. Why did he go to her anyway, they are dogs, tell the owners to come in after 5 attire and leave it at that. That part was ridiculous to me. That added another "couple thou" to the cost. I agree with another post that they just wanted to show Bill "working".
  • Love 1

Will and Zoey do get a lot of positive attention when they are at public events with their parents, but I doubt they have a  concept of “the world" finding them adorable because for one thing they’re too young to be on social media so they don’t know how many fans they have.  But also they go to regular school where they interact with other children without, I presume, getting special attention other than whatever their stature might require. As someone who was an overly shy child, I admire that thus far these two children are learning to be comfortable and outgoing around other people, an attitude I hope they continue to cultivate as they grow up. Their parents seem to be encouraging them to be considerate and polite, not spoiled or obnoxious, so hopefully they will live out a self-fulfilling prophecy where they expect other people to like them and that is what happens.

Unless the conversation has been had to connect the camera to being on TV or if they are allowed to watch themselves I don't think they have made that connection yet. But definately as they get older and they see themselves when they were younger and their classmates see it as well in reruns or whatever, it maybe an issue of "jealousy" from some kids that they were on TV and to see what they are privileged to and fortunate to have inside their home. Kids can be extremely cruel and this on top of possibly being bullied for being little.
  • Love 3

He was a total dick. For one thing, Jen was in a dress, with hair and makeup done, getting ready to go on tv. I'm sure the last thing she felt like doing was getting sweaty by doing push-ups. I loved that she gave him the big F.U. and started cranking them out like a pro.

I haven't watched Pitbulls and Parolees in a while, but he seems like the kind of jerk who would return a dog after one day "because it wasn't working out."

I thought it was inappropriate and he was trying to put her on the spot. But Jen is a people pleaser so I wouldn't expect anything less from her to comply.
  • Love 1