Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

So I can't watch this guy's scenes anymore.  Because I can't forget those comments.  (And, can I add, he didn't offer much before he opened his mouth.)  What a fool.  

On a lighter note, on another board, one wag, complimenting the excitement of the chess team storyline, noted about the new writing team:  I hear for Sweeps, Victor's gonna teach Faith to hoola hoop.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I hear for Sweeps, Victor's gonna teach Faith to hoola hoop.

I can hardly contain my excitement.  Call me weird, but I'd rather see a hula hooping grampire than watch a stage hand fling yogurt at Nick again.

• Love 11

i guess he knows how weak his character (and portrayal) is because he is afraid for nick to take any "hits"...

only thing is, the way it comes off (knuckledragging douche bag) is completely nauseating and doesn't do his character any good either.

totally agree.. that is why I just don't get why so many Sharon fans want Nick and Sharon back together.. makes no sense to me at all.

• Love 2

Wow, SB seems to be really feelin' himself in his Miami Vice getup. I think his point-of-reference is the Colin Ferrell version of Sonny Crockett from that awful 2006 movie:

a2FsMLO.jpg

At least Ferrell's version wore jeans instead of suburban dad baggy chinos, lol.

Oh Josh,

jbpFXeM.jpg

• Love 9
15 hours ago, spinxella said:

dduTvt.jpg

13 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

It's easy to be nice when it's not your genitalia being grabbed and no one's shutting down a program devoted to combating violence against your entire gender. I just am so sick of being lectured on civility by people who are more uncomfortable with protest and confrontation than they are with the injustices being protested. No, we cannot all get along. This isn't a rivalry between fans of different sports teams; there are people in charge who want to usher in a new dark age. Instead of being defensive and pouty because you're displaying privilege induced ignorance and people pointed it out to you, try thinking. I won't tell you to shut up, but you're not entitled to high fives and nods of approval when you put your opinion out there for public consumption. 

Thanks, Ninja, for writing this.  It's too early and I'm far too cranky to even attempt to be coherent.  A state from which Morrow obviously wishes to never emerge.

Geepshus, I hate him.  Dickolas couldn't be portrayed by a bigger banana.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, klopek said:

I can hardly contain my excitement.  Call me weird, but I'd rather see a hula hooping grampire than watch a stage hand fling yogurt at Nick again.

I'd rather watch Prictoe and Special Snowflake Faith get lost in the woods and eaten by animals. 

• Love 10

A thousand thumbs up, likes, kudos and a standing ovation to you miamama. I wish I had twitter and knew how to link your post. The JMs of this world need to have their eyes opened and learn what is really happening before posting their ignorance for everyone to see.

Another reason I am glad I am not watching Show. Seeing his grinning frat boy face might cause me to do damage to my TV screen.

• Love 11

Woah guys, while I appreciate your zeal, this is not a politics thread. I'm hiding some stuff and will ask you to please make sure you are posting about Y&R and not politics. If Y&R people/creators/actors etc.. speak on these subjects it IS fair game here so just a heads up not to take these convos further than your opinions of these folks and their opinions. If that doesn't make any sense PM me and we'll figure it out. <3

• Love 5
Just now, radishcake said:

Woah guys, while I appreciate your zeal, this is not a politics thread. I'm hiding some stuff and will ask you to please make sure you are posting about Y&R and not politics. If Y&R people/creators/actors etc.. speak on these subjects it IS fair game here so just a heads up not to take these convos further than your opinions of these folks and their opinions. If that doesn't make any sense PM me and we'll figure it out. <3

Thank you.  Wasn't sure how to bring this to your attention yesterday.  

• Love 1

MIAMI VICE was Mal Young & Sally Sussman's brainchild?

BUT BUT BUT Sally is so good how can that be?

Yeah, Josh. It's all really funny and light as air.

What an idiot.. he blocked me cuz of my comments.. the wimp LMAO

• Love 5

It's easy to be nice when it's not your genitalia being grabbed and no one's shutting down a program devoted to combating violence against your entire gender. I just am so sick of being lectured on civility by people who are more uncomfortable with protest and confrontation than they are with the injustices being protested. No, we cannot all get along. This isn't a rivalry between fans of different sports teams; there are people in charge who want to usher in a new dark age. Instead of being defensive and pouty because you're displaying privilege induced ignorance and people pointed it out to you, try thinking. I won't tell you to shut up, but you're not entitled to high fives and nods of approval when you put your opinion out there for public consumption. 

BRAVO is all I got for this thing of beauty.

• Love 11

So I don't know if this is true, and it doesn't matter and I can't find anything sending coded messages to the Google, but I read on another board that once upon a time Bill Bell tried to get Bev McKinsey for Dina Abbott.  

Now that I could muse about all day.  

In my fantasies, when I am trying to make Y&R interesting, I'd bring Dina back played by Lucinda Walsh/Elizabeth Hubbard for my storyline idea about the basement. 

• Love 10

Daytime Emmy pre-noms announced today:
(Y&R only; full list here)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Sharon Case, as Sharon McAvoy The Young and the Restless, CBS
Melissa Claire Egan, as Chelsea Newman The Young and the Restless, CBS
Gina Tognoni, as Phyllis Newman The Young and the Restless, CBS
Jess Walton, as Jill Abbott The Young and the Restless, CBS

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Peter Bergman, as Jack Abbott The Young and the Restless, CBS
Christian LeBlanc, as Michael Baldwin The Young and the Restless, CBS
Kristoff St. John, as Neil Winters The Young and the Restless, CBS
Jason Thompson, as Billy Abbott The Young and the Restless, CBS

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Eileen Davidson, as Ashley Abbott The Young and the Restless, CBS
Stacy Haiduk, as Patty Williams The Young and the Restless, CBS
Amelia Heinle, as Victoria Newman The Young and the Restless, CBS
Elizabeth Hendrickson, as Chloe Fisher The Young and the Restless, CBS
Kelly Sullivan, as Sage Warner The Young and the Restless, CBS

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Steve Burton, as Dylan McAvoy The Young and the Restless, CBS
Sean Carrigan, as Ben “Stitch” Rayburn The Young and the Restless, CBS
Bryton James, as Devon Hamilton The Young and the Restless, CBS

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Hunter King, as Summer Newman The Young and the Restless, CBS
Alyvia Alyn Lind, as Faith Newman The Young and the Restless, CBS

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Jared Breeze, as Max Rayburn The Young and the Restless, CBS

My main surprise that EB isn't on this list since they've been rehabbing Victor's image so hard the past few months.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I betcha a fiver AAL gets it.

She deserves it 100 times more than Hunter King, IMO.

20 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

What emmy material did Shrill have?

Yeah, that one was a puzzler to me, too. The last big story of hers I can remember was her yelling at everyone after Billy's accident, but that would've been material for last year's awards.

Also, I never knew Sages last name until now. Huh.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Who was the actor who tried to get him fired. The guy that played Adam? Michael Muhney?

I could've done without the Jeanne Cooper story. I need brain bleach. 

Apparently Jeanne Cooper did that with other actors who came on set. I think I remember Josh Morrow relating that.  But she was not fired or sent to be shamed.  Double standard, anyone?

• Love 10

If it's the story I'd heard about ages ago, I agree. But then, the same kinda macho mentality that gets men off the hook for groaping women or worse is the same one that all but discourages them from speaking up about such things, because that makes then a pussy. Times are changing very, very slowly on that front, though.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

Yes, agreed.  But Jeanne Cooper groped every young actor by grabbing his package.  Not just Eric Braeden.  And she is beloved.  But Michael Muhney did something we don't even know about, which was never reported or confirmed even by his supposed victim.  And he is  banned.  That is a double standard.  

I am not suggesting either is acceptable, but it is interesting that the stories about Jeanne grabbing guys stuff, is amusing to some.  For decades now.  

Edited by bannana
  • Love 15

I can't think of anything I want to read less than this memoir. Braeden has no self-awareness. He believes he is always right and he has prattled on about everything in his life for years so what's new? The father as a Nazi thing might be interesting but he's made it clear he still sees his father from 12-year-old eyes (when he died) and he WAS A GOOD MAN and that's that. Zero insight or nuance to this guy.

However that does potentially make the dirt he shares all the more entertaining. He WILL trash the people he hates. I look forward to hearing others report about the BTS gossip.

RE: Emmys: riddle me this: Why does Amelia continually submit herself in supporting? Isn't that some complete bullshit? MCE, SC and Jess Walton ALL submitted in lead and AH sees herself as supporting?

I wish they'd scrap the Daytime Emmys. They used to be a big deal but they're not any more. Even the lame women from the View don't attend. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, miamama said:

However that does potentially make the dirt he shares all the more entertaining. He WILL trash the people he hates. I look forward to hearing others report about the BTS gossip.

yes, if he feels he was dissed somehow or someway, he hits back harder....hmmm, reminds me of someone else...

it is also good to have friends in high places.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, agreed.  But Jeanne Cooper groped every young actor by grabbing his package.  Not just Eric Braeden.  And she is beloved.  But Michael Muhney did something we don't even know about, which was never reported or confirmed even by his supposed victim.  And he is  banned.  That is a double standard.  

I am not suggesting either is acceptable, but it is interesting that the stories about Jeanne grabbing guys stuff, is amusing to some.  For decades now.  

And here was my initial crazy response to that story about Jeanne------(in my head), I said, "oh, did that really happen or is he making it up?"  Then I remembered that Morrow said basically the same thing.  But my first response was to doubt the veracity of the story because - because she's a woman?...because she's an actress I enjoyed?  Why was that my response?

Many years ago a doctor at the hospital I worked at behaved inappropriately during an exam.  I was startled, said nothing, let it happen.  Later that week I was at lunch with a couple of other guys I worked with (all males along with me) and I told them what happened.  The same thing had happened to two of them.  Did we take it any further?  Nope.  Did we act like it was gross, but minor?  You betcha.

Double standard?  Oh yeah.  Even internally.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, miamama said:

RE: Emmys: riddle me this: Why does Amelia continually submit herself in supporting? Isn't that some complete bullshit? MCE, SC and Jess Walton ALL submitted in lead and AH sees herself as supporting?

I've heard that there's a whole strategy to it when it comes to the Oscars. Apparently actors will submit themselves in the category in which they feel gives them the best chance for the win. They will submit themselves in supporting category if the lead category is very strong. Maybe there's a similar strategy for the Daytime Emmys. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

On his Twitter account, Muhney says he's done a podcast that is released Monday in which he speaks candidly. So here we go! 

well, the really great thing is, if you're not one of his fans, you don't have to listen to it.

• Love 5