Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

The bunnies come out as a warning to change the direction a "conversation" may be taking, as in STAAPP before a post gets zapped or worse yet, the poster does.

Ah yes. The well-publicized policing of the posts. I've certainly read a lot about that!

Bloody hell. Now I'll probably be exiled.

These awards are stupid but I am always curious. No Peter Bergman in pre-nominations (which are in themselves stupid). I'm guessing he didn't submit. I can't imagine why else he's not an automatic, even with the stupid Marco story. And yes, you read that correctly, Eric Braeden and Kristoff St. John are on the list. lol.

Full list here:

LEAD ACTRESS
Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren, THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS)
Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R)
Kassie DePaiva (Eve, DAYS OF OUR LIVES)
Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
Mary Beth Evans (Kayla, DAYS)
Finola Hughes (Anna, GENERAL HOSPITAL)
Kate Mansi (Abigail, DAYS)
Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, Y&R)
Maura West (Ava, GH)
Laura Wright (Carly, GH)

LEAD ACTOR
Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)
Eric Braeden (Victor, Y&R)
Tyler Christopher (Nikolas, GH)
Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
Billy Flynn (Chad, DAYS)
Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)
Justin Hartley (Adam, Y&R)
Thorsten Kaye (Ridge, THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL)
Christian Jules LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
Kristoff St. John (Neil, Y&R)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 1

Oh my gods...Dylan, Stitch, and Miss Devon for the Jock Strap, I mean Supporting Actor award?!!? That's hilarious! Freaking Courtney for Younger Actress?! Oh, look..there's Dummer again. I hope Mariah, Aly from B&B, or Faith kicks both of their asses.

Yes, these awards are extremely stupid, but I still will have a rage headache WHEN (not if) Dummer wins.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6
There are so many names on that list that shouldn't be there but at this point, don't they submit themselves?

Patsy, they submit themselves for consideration and then there is a first round when the Emmy committee (whoever they are this year) pick pre-nominations (except for younger actress/actor I think -- they are automatically included if submitted -- hence Barbie cop).

Why the fuck is Lauralee Bell nominated for an award?

She cried over her miscarriage. Emmys love dead babies (to quote AH actually)

Dylan, Stitch, and Miss Devon for the Jock Strap, I mean Supporting Actor award?!

I didn't even READ through them to see this. FFS. Yeah, an embarrassing joke now. 

Now I'm POSITIVE PB didn't submit himself this year. He had made comments about how he didn't think his Marco work would go over well because Emmy wins are usually "emotional performances" -- as he put it.

Do you think he meant STUPID? This industry, goodness. It's a colossal joke from any vantage point.

• Love 6

Oh my gods...Dylan, Stitch, and Miss Devon for the Jock Strap, I mean Supporting Actor award?!!? That's hilarious! Freaking Courtney for Younger Actress?! Oh, look..there's Dummer again. I hope Mariah, Aly from B&B, or Faith kicks both of their asses.

Yes, these awards are extremely stupid, but I still will have a rage headache WHEN (not if) Dummer wins.

I was super pissed about this farce but your quips saved the day like always lol. I was on fire.

• Love 4

Kristoff St. John makes me laugh. He did a terrible job being blind. Hell, he only seems to have perfected it once he re-gained his eye sight. Seriously, sometimes I see him talking to people and he looks like he's still blind. It's ridiculous.

• Love 5

These people all suck---cannot believe this but yes I can---I have been watching soaps my whole life since like 1960 or so and while many of the best are gone and I am only here for Y&R after an effort for B&B due to my Thorsten Kaye love---the show was so bad that I am back here but that does not excuse Grampire or Paul and Dudley AS THE POLICE FORCE AND YEAH ALL  THE REST-----I keep watching but only because the best is gone---sigh----but on the only positive note   I am loving MEK and his hair (which is kinda like mine since I decided to be grey/white) so I am not giving up yet---MEK is a great actor and I have always loved him so there is that-----

• Love 4

Just saw this on Twitter. To say I was stunned might be just a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. I've wondered why JC has kept such a low profile, but my goodness. Now I've got to wonder if this was at the bottom of why Avery was written out, or at least why she decided to exit at a moment when her character's lot was at its most dismal.

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2016/the-young-and-the-restless-news-jessica-collins-announces-birth-of-daughter-jemma-see-babys-first-photos/

These people all suck---cannot believe this but yes I can---I have been watching soaps my whole life since like 1960 or so and while many of the best are gone and I am only here for Y&R after an effort for B&B due to my Thorsten Kaye love---the show was so bad that I am back here but that does not excuse Grampire or Paul and Dudley AS THE POLICE FORCE AND YEAH ALL  THE REST-----I keep watching but only because the best is gone---sigh----but on the only positive note   I am loving MEK and his hair (which is kinda like mine since I decided to be grey/white) so I am not giving up yet---MEK is a great actor and I have always loved him so there is that-----

It's just one big ol' high school popularity contest.

• Love 3

Whaaaa? I thought she was with Billy Miller until fairly recently? When did she have time to get pregnant by another guy? (Yikes, unless that's the reason why she and BM broke up...)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
only it would have been avery/dick/dullen wtd baby drama

Nah, More likely, Duhlan and Schmo.

So... if I've done the math right, she would have been pregnant back in April of this  past year, no?  That or thereabouts, which is pretty proximate to the timeframe when she would have made her decision to leave, or so it seems. She's around 45 or so, isn't she? Perhaps she was concerned about possible issues with the pregnancy, which would have been a worry for any woman over the age of 40 regardless of her overall heath and fitness in most instances - especially for a first baby. So maybe she decided that for the sake of her health, the welfare of the baby and her own sanity it might be better to part ways with daily frustration and constant heartburn. I'm wondering if there were some concerns for the pregnancy along the way because, while it's not unheard of for celebs to keep a low profile while pregnant, it's not the norm and this woman has maintained at least a modest presence in social media, and this past six months (nine, actually) she's been almost totally absent.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

Wait! I thought JC adopted or had a surrogate for her baby. No that it matters but I didn't know she was pregnant. Either way, I'm sure she is very happy. I just recently read a tweet from Josh Morrowmto her. Apparently, he really liked working with her and was upset that she had left.

• Love 1

I think JC used a surrogate judging by the Thanksgiving picture she posted on Instagram. Unless she had a really small bump at 30-31 weeks, her chef shirt would fit differently if she were pregnant. She probably didn't post too many pics of herself recently because it's really no ones business whether she used one or not (though that won't stop me from speculating!). 

• Love 1

toomuchsoap posted a different link about 8 posts back, but it's the same pictures.  Can't help but notice she's not in a hospital gown or even a gown of any kind,  I guess it could be staged if she used a surrogate and doesn't want people to know that.  None of my business, anyhow - good luck to them all. Also, Billy Miller has been with Kelly Monaco for a long while now, according to a friend of mine who follows that stuff. 

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

Can't help but notice she's not in a hospital gown or even a gown of any kind,  I guess it could be staged if she used a surrogate and doesn't want people to know that.  

It looks like she's in a gown it's just partially off/obscured by the baby. 

• Love 2

OK - guys - I can see that green, black, & white shirt (or what I thought was a shirt, like you would wear with jeans).  I am older than dirt and never saw a hospital gown that wasn't a solid white, blue, or pink.  Even the mammogram gowns are solid colors.  Maybe they make them in pretty colors now.  And - I see what you are talking about on her neck, Valley - looks weird.   

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

She tweeted to someone about not being able to eat oysters at a lunch, so I think that's a good indication that she carried the baby herself. I'd guess she kept it quiet because of her age, and the greater risk of pregnancy problems at an "advanced maternal age". She'll be 45 in April.

• Love 3

She tweeted to someone about not being able to eat oysters at a lunch, so I think that's a good indication that she carried the baby herself. I'd guess she kept it quiet because of her age, and the greater risk of pregnancy problems at an "advanced maternal age". She'll be 45 in April.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing that the reason she kept the pregnancy private was in case she lost the baby. At her age that was a real possibility and I can certainly understand her withdrawing from social media until the birth. If she had used a surrogate, I'm sure she would have said so. She doesn't seem the type that would try and conceal that and why should she? Using a surrogate is not all that uncommon anymore and certainly nothing that needs to be kept hidden.

• Love 4

yes lp, her gown is pulled off the shoulder on her right side..

wonder what's on her throat.

I was wondering about that too. That actually looked to me as if she'd been trach'd. (sp??). And it also looks like a hospital gown pulled to one shoulder, and the angle of the photo looks like someone pointing a camera lens down at her. In this day and age there'd be absolutely no need to tiptoe around whether she used a surrogate or not. It's all too commonplace. This isn't 1953 after all and it's not as if she lives in Oak View or something. There might be issues if the baby's father is elsewhere engaged so to speak, or she didn't want to discuss this pregnancy in public in case there was any possible health concern for the baby or herself though. Concern on the homefront might be enough to enough to handle without being self-burdened by having to manage it in the social media as well.

The photo I posted (preceding tab) clearly depicts a woman in a hospital bed with a hospital-issued gown on and a newborn on her left shoulder. That or I need new readers.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 1

The backstage stuff with feuds, catty women, romantic breakups, possible cheating, new romances is all way more interesting than the show!! LOL

Congrats to Jessica her baby is adorable.

Billy Miller definitely has a type.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

Wilson Bethel (ex-Ryder) has landed a role on How to Get Away With Murder . He's enjoyed quite a bit of prime time success after being let go from y&r. He was the lead on Hart of Dixie which ran for years. It never was a ratings darling, but had a dedicated small fan base and was a cute little amusing show. And he was a lead in Astronaut Wives . Good for him!!!

Maybe Shonda Rhimes is a closet y&r fan since she hired the actor who played Joe recently too for Greys Anatomy (that show is still on! it was hot when I was in college. yikes). I wanna say MS/ex Phyllis said she auditioned for a part with her but that could have been wishful thinking or spec on her part (like asking to be submitted).

• Love 7

Yeah, I heard about Wilson Bethel. That's a great ensemble cast so I'll be interested to see how he fits in. And re Scandal, am pretty sure MS said she had auditioned. (I bet it was the role Portia de Rossi got.) SR is well known to have no time for divas or backstage drama so maybe she'd heard about MS' antics at Y&R and noped on her.

• Love 4

Yeah, I heard about Wilson Bethel. That's a great ensemble cast so I'll be interested to see how he fits in. And re Scandal, am pretty sure MS said she had auditioned. (I bet it was the role Portia de Rossi got.) SR is well known to have no time for divas or backstage drama so maybe she'd heard about MS' antics at Y&R and noped on her.

LOL  maybe she googled her..

OR after the audition she realized that she was a crummy actress who can only play herself.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 5

Exciting news! I was at work today and my first appt did a no call no show so I picked up a copy of Dogster magazine (the new name for Dog Fancy) and guess who had a BIG ad?

Burgess Jenkins/ex-Billy. He's the star of a new movie called Susie's Hope . It's a straight to video indie also starting Emmanuelle Vaugier and its about dog rescue and advocacy against animal abuse. The profit (assuming after expenses are paid) go to abused animals.

You know what good for him!!!! He's a huge animal lover and gaga for his dog but also high five for getting movies and modeling and commercial roles after he left Y&R . Sometimes the actors let go end up better off in unexpected ways. The guy who played Xander for years on GH makes much much more doing voice over work. Lucas on DOOL was in construction when he had dry spots on the soap. The actor who played Joe Clark makes a shit load on business investments even though he just got a prime time role on a top show. Mops real life husband who played JT is doing great as producer and investor.

• Love 12

Just came back from the grocery store, where I saw EB as the solo cover model on the current issue of CBS SID. And he's giving us the classic "Pull My Finger" pose. I can just hear Dummer now...oh, gwampa!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6

The newest version of Billy/ Jason Thompson and his wife are expecting their 1st child in May.

Also GR/Kevin had a nice article with his husband in SOD. The mag interviewed several soap actors with their spouses. GR and his husband were candid and the marriage seems like one of mutual respect, love, and a lot of humor. A lot of these couple interviews can be puff pieces or include humble bragging. Theirs was nice and casual. One of the best ones was a while ago with LK/Kate from Days and her husband, who is the head of makeup and hair on Days. She always is refreshingly honest and self-deprecating & usually has a profound observation about life or human interaction in her interviews. She said something about parenthood once in 1 of those puff pieces I'll never forget and it struck me as so TRUE. And in her article with her husband she talked about how in early stages of dating the stuff that you think will inpress someone or matter doesn't and the trivial shit is often the best part. Early in, He took her up the coast for an extravagant date and the part they liked best was the long drive together, not the date itself. I find her very real & down to earth which probably is why she's been a good actress in her material and enjoyed a nice career.

• Love 4

Shut the fuck up. 

My sentiments exactly LP!!! LOL

I was wondering about that too. That actually looked to me as if she'd been trach'd. (sp??). And it also looks like a hospital gown pulled to one shoulder, and the angle of the photo looks like someone pointing a camera lens down at her. In this day and age there'd be absolutely no need to tiptoe around whether she used a surrogate or not. It's all too commonplace. This isn't 1953 after all and it's not as if she lives in Oak View or something. There might be issues if the baby's father is elsewhere engaged so to speak, or she didn't want to discuss this pregnancy in public in case there was any possible health concern for the baby or herself though. Concern on the homefront might be enough to enough to handle without being self-burdened by having to manage it in the social media as well.

The photo I posted (preceding tab) clearly depicts a woman in a hospital bed with a hospital-issued gown on and a newborn on her left shoulder. That or I need new readers.

I read on another soap board that it was a necklace,a ring on a chain. 

toomuchsoap posted a different link about 8 posts back, but it's the same pictures.  Can't help but notice she's not in a hospital gown or even a gown of any kind,  I guess it could be staged if she used a surrogate and doesn't want people to know that.  None of my business, anyhow - good luck to them all. Also, Billy Miller has been with Kelly Monaco for a long while now, according to a friend of mine who follows that stuff. 

Movinon it looks like a hospital gown and a hospital bed.

OK - guys - I can see that green, black, & white shirt (or what I thought was a shirt, like you would wear with jeans).  I am older than dirt and never saw a hospital gown that wasn't a solid white, blue, or pink.  Even the mammogram gowns are solid colors.  Maybe they make them in pretty colors now.  And - I see what you are talking about on her neck, Valley - looks weird.   

O.K. just now read your reply! LOL

• Love 1