Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

The 2015 Writers Guild of America (WGA) award nominations have been announced. Guess who wasn't nominated? Hint: his name sounds like "Fcuk That". Maybe there's some hope for Y&R after all since his own industry isn't bowing in his general direction.

The "lucky" nominees (for the two shows widely rumored to be swirling the drain):

DAYTIME DRAMA

The Bold and the Beautiful
Head Writers: Bradley P. Bell, Michael Minnis Writers: Rex M. Best, Shannon Bradley, Adam Dusevoir, Tracey Ann Kelly, Patrick Mulcahey, Mark Pinciotti, Michele Val Jean; CBS

General Hospital
Writers: Ron Carlivati, Anna Theresa Cascio, Andrea Archer Compton, Suzanne Flynn, Kate Hall, Elizabeth Korte, Daniel James O’Connor, Elizabeth Page, Jean Passanante, Katherine Schock, Scott Sickles, Chris Van Etten; ABC

The full list of nominees is here: http://deadline.com/2015/12/wga-awards-nominations-tv-radio-new-media-full-list-1201651172/

• Love 8

Ron isn't a better writer. He's just terrible in his own special way. Choosing between Chuckles and Ron is like choosing between a sinus infection and an ovarian cyst; you're going to be miserable for a couple of weeks either way - it's just a matter of where the discomfort is.

• Love 12

Debbie Morgan who played Harmony on y&r and Angie Hubbard on AMC and Loving (and lots of other roles) has published her memoir that's getting good reviews. It's basically about her family through 3 generational

• Love 4

mce is married to a cbs suit.

like i said, he knows what side his bread is buttered on.

Yep. 

Gaspy Giggler and the Big Toothed Goof.  How exciting!  It's about time for Chelz' gestational drought to come to an end!

Who would the flexible faced Bassett hound Sage be paired with?  Oh the anticipation!

Edited by Suby
  • Love 5

I think Nick only is tolerable with Sharon. JM needs the strong female to carry him, he fails at carrying the newbie pairings on his own. Like Avery and now like Sage. could be that's why he wants an established character like Chelsea. 

• Love 5

You mean the shelf boobs ? My sister and I call B&B " Lips & Boobs" because of HT.

Sad isn't it? Such a gorgeous woman beforehand.

I think there is a new(or newish) psych diagnosis called body dysmorphic disorder. The person has more & more plastic surgery because they never accept their looks as "good enough."

ITA, sad.

• Love 4

I'm waiting for the inevitable Phick redux. They probably know GT will completely carry him and try to spin whatever shit they throw at her into gold.

I think that is going to happen. KS can not do the job that SC and MS did with him. SC carried his azz for over 10 years and was talked trash on all the time once he got with MS. That's one of the reasons I never want them back together again. Even JC could not carry him. I am sure GT will be up for the task. She is a fantastic actress.

• Love 3
I am sure GT will be up for the task. She is a fantastic actress

I see no signs that the writers are moving in that direction at all. The only person who ever mentions Phyllis and Nick in the same sentence is JM. If they are going to have her mess around or hook up with someone I see Billy. But not Nick. 

Pratt doesn't seem to have a lot of excitement to write for Nick IMO. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6

I see no signs that the writers moving in that direction at all. The only person who ever mentions Phyllis and Nick in the same sentence is JM. If they are going to have her mess around or hook up with someone I see Billy. But not Nick. 

maybe pratt heard about jm whining about summers paternity mess and not wanting to be the bad guy...

maybe especially because the sick storyline that pratt so wants is going over like a lead balloon.

• Love 6

I see no signs that the writers are moving in that direction at all. The only person who ever mentions Phyllis and Nick in the same sentence is JM. If they are going to have her mess around or hook up with someone I see Billy. But not Nick. 

MM, I absolutely believe that Pratt's got a Nick and Chelsea hookup on the way. JM is already saying he's hoping that they put him with MCE, and I believe he's just hinting at things to come. I've actually believed for a over a year or more that Nick would wind up with Chelsea at some point, and now that they're moving Adam and Sage back into the same orbit, what else will they be doing with Chelsea? It wouldn't surprise me that, eventually, Chelsea and Billy wander back into each other's arms, but I believe that there's going to be a side trip taken through Chelsea, by way of Sandra. JM knows which way the winds blow, and it's as clear as it can be that Pratt thinks the sun rises and falls on MCE (I know that KS is a personal favorite of his, or JFP's, but she's not clicking with the guy they clearly intended to put her with IMO). I don't happen to think that MCE has a drop of sexual chemistry with any of the men on this show. Every time I watch her, she reminds me of Scout in To Kill A Mockingbird (though Mary Badham was a helluva an actress and she never had another role if I'm not mistaken). MCE is like your next door neighbor's tomboy kid sister in pigtails IMO. Just not to be taken seriously. I've never cared for JM and I'm shocked he's still around, frankly. They've wasted too much time and money on this grease monkey trying to please him IMO, but if they insist on trying to find someone's backside to staple him to, make it MCE. That's something I could get behind because it'll free up Adam to be with . . . , well, anyone but the gaspy giggler.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 7

Valley: She'll giggle and gasp her heart out though.

Yup, and that'll be enough to satisfy the JM fans - and there are, apparently, a dock full of cargo ships full of them. And there have got to be as many MCE fans out there too, because they're the only ones propping up Chadam IMO. So, I think this would be a win win for all concerned. Well, not me. I don't like either one of these mediocre actors. It'd make me happy to see Adam unshackled from this ball and chain though. Permanently. Supercouple they ain't. But then, I never was much of a Shick fan either. I just don't get into couples that exist only because of the necessity of boosting one of the so-called stars *acting* chops. That's not chemistry unless you believe that Dr. Frankenstein's chemistry experiment was a rousing success.

Edited to change "Shadam" to "Chadam". I can't stand Chadam because I can barely tolerate MCE.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

LMAO. Jason Thompson reveals in his new interview that his "good friend" Jill Farren Phelps offered him the role of Billy Abbott 5 MONTHS AGO. #FOJ

They've known he's the new Billy since this summer. He makes his screen debut on January 14.

• Love 5

Sharon has always been one of my favorite characters. But holy cow, girl. What's with the hair, the orange skin, the puffy face, the BLUE eyeshadow? Doesn't she have any control over how she looks on this show? Or does she believe this is a good look? Sorry for all of the questions but I am so disappointed in her looks right now and have been for some time. She used to be so beautiful! And please, cut your hair!!

• Love 3

Somehow, I don't think they're extensions. Her hair is fine and straight (and so is mine) but she could get a cute, modern cut that wouldn't make her look like she's trying to be 16 years old again. How many years has she had this exact hair cut? As I've gotten older, I've adjusted my hair cut, color and makeup to look my age but still be current. With all of the professional help these women have on TV, why does she still look like this?

• Love 1
Scott Elrod is heading to Grey's Anatomy!

Shonda Rhimes must really like him. He was on How to Get Away with Murder this recent fall season. All that's left now is for her to give him an appearance on Scandal and he'll have hit the ABC Thursday night trifecta.

• Love 4

LMAO. Jason Thompson reveals in his new interview that his "good friend" Jill Farren Phelps offered him the role of Billy Abbott 5 MONTHS AGO. #FOJ

They've known he's the new Billy since this summer. He makes his screen debut on January 14.

Hmmm so when did Burgess tell them he was leaving? I'm not convinced it was his choice to be honest. It worked out a little too perfectly for Jill to bring in JT.

• Love 9

where was the interview?

thank you in advance

• Love 1

Somehow, I don't think they're extensions. Her hair is fine and straight (and so is mine) but she could get a cute, modern cut that wouldn't make her look like she's trying to be 16 years old again. How many years has she had this exact hair cut?

Actually, her hair is naturally wavy and she's worn it that way previously, but quite a few years ago. She's said in an interview, that she began wearing it this way at the request of the producer(s) several years ago  because varying the style was difficult for continuity, in that they used to film scenes on different days that were supposed to be used in a single episode. Because SK has gone with a one-shot take routine in the last few years, her hair shouldn't be much of an issue regardless of the style - or so it would seem to me. I've read other places that this style (or lack thereof) is the show's preference. The only reason I can think of a producer wanting a gorgeous woman like SC keeping her hair like some blond fright wig is that they're deliberately trying to un-glam her, and my spidey sense is that the last two female EPs, and now Pratt, were/are doing it because they had their own personal favorites they wanted to push and SC is so naturally lovely that they look blah and unremarkable around her. In other words, she's too much competition in the looks department with the producers' faves, so they keep her mired in this doomed, desperate mommy/housewife mode and have her hair and wardrobe look like she's just come in from cleaning out the garage.

• Love 10

I remember a couple of years back when Sharon was sporting a different hair style and look almost daily and her outfits were rocking.  The clothes are still great but they are definitely not doing her any favors with her hair.  It doesn't even look healthy near the ends.  I do notice she is on twitter a lot with her gal pal Tamara Clutterbuck who sports a similar appearance.  I think they are both stuck in time!  

But the absolute worst on this show is Lauren with those hideous extensions and Howdy Doody jaw!!

• Love 2

Actually, her hair is naturally wavy and she's worn it that way previously, but quite a few years ago. She's said in an interview, that she began wearing it this way at the request of the producer(s) several years ago  because varying the style was difficult for continuity, in that they used to film scenes on different days that were supposed to be used in a single episode. Because SK has gone with a one-shot take routine in the last few years, her hair shouldn't be much of an issue regardless of the style - or so it would seem to me. I've read other places that this style (or lack thereof) is the show's preference. The only reason I can think of a producer wanting a gorgeous woman like SC keeping her hair like some blond fright wig is that they're deliberately trying to un-glam her, and my spidey sense is that the last two female EPs, and now Pratt, were/are doing it because they had their own personal favorites they wanted to push and SC is so naturally lovely that they look blah and unremarkable around her. In other words, she's too much competition in the looks department with the producers' faves, so they keep her mired in this doomed, desperate mommy/housewife mode and have her hair and wardrobe look like she's just come in from cleaning out the garage.

I read that also TMS from one of SC's interviews. And as for your other comments I do believe there is a lot of truth in what you say. On her Twitter page SC is very natural and most of the time doesn't even wear makeup and looks gorgeous! I actually messaged George Guzman the hairdresser a few years ago when he was doing the hair on the show and asked him to confirm if Sharon Case wore hair extensions as I wanted to settle a bet with some one and he messaged me back that she did not and to collect my money! LOL

I recorded Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors last night and Alyvia Lind (Faith) is Dolly!   

I thought it was a really good movie and the little actress did an out standing job playing the young Dolly Parton!

• Love 5

Sharon has always been one of my favorite characters. But holy cow, girl. What's with the hair, the orange skin, the puffy face, the BLUE eyeshadow? Doesn't she have any control over how she looks on this show? Or does she believe this is a good look? Sorry for all of the questions but I am so disappointed in her looks right now and have been for some time. She used to be so beautiful! And please, cut your hair!!

From what I understand, nothing that we see of actors on TV is entirely up to them. (If long hair is considered part of a character's "look" then an actor will have to get permission before getting it cut.) For all we know SC is allowed to go to the tanning salon, and the hair/makeup folks are told to work with it. Or...they (the hair & makeup people, producers) just don't mind. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 1