Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I'm thinking if there even were actual "death threats", they either came from EB himself or people closely associated with him. Seriously?

This Sony guy is talking about crap that happened back in 2008 or 2009. There hasn't been any controversy involving EB's contract status since that time - at least none that hit the news. There was some talk in social media back during the Shictor crap when Nelson Branco wrote that EB was in contract negotiations and EB denied from pillar to post and called NB a liar. Turns out he was in negotiations but signed without any apparent (or at least they weren't reported) tussle. In that period, people were so disgusted about that storyline it wouldn't surprise me that the fans issuing death threats were from those who would have rather seen EB's head on a pike than some faceless exec at Sony. He's re-inked every contract up for renewal with nary a whimper, so I can't even fathom what the fuck he's talking about here. The only people who are fed up enough about the state of things on this show right now are so sick of EB and the odious caricature he portrays on this sludge bucket would just as soon see him hit with a bolt of lightening and go up in a puff of black smoke and cinders. The image of the Spielberg remake of War of the Worlds comes to mind to me here. Visions of one of those space pods zapping him and watching him float back to earth in ash and remnants of shredded clothing. This Sony exec is on some serious shit here, or he's lost his mind.

ETA: Does anyone else remember seeing a video that was made back during EB's walkout from the show, in which there was a "man on the street" type interview situation with random passersby on a NYC street who were shown a photo of EB and asked if they knew who he was?  IIRC, there was one woman who was able to identify him from the photo, but she couldn't give either his or his character's name. I can't remember whether this was some entertainment media piece, or something that Letterman did at the time. The thing that was illuminating to me was that virtually no one knew who the hell he was or even registered familiarity with the photo.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4
ETA: Does anyone else remember seeing a video that was made back during EB's walkout from the show, in which there was a "man on the street" type interview situation with random passersby on a NYC street who were shown a photo of EB and asked if they knew who he was?  IIRC, there was one woman who was able to identify him from the photo, but she couldn't give either his or his character's name. I can't remember whether this was some entertainment media piece, or something that Letterman did at the time. The thing that was illuminating to me was that virtually no one knew who the hell he was or even registered familiarity with the photo.

Yeah I remember something similar but I don't think it was on Letterman. Whatever, they asked about Victor Newman, Erica Kane, and Luke & Laura. Pretty much everyone could identify Erica and L&L but only one person knew who Victor was. I laughed so hard.

• Love 4

This Sony guy is talking about crap that happened back in 2008 or 2009. There hasn't been any controversy involving EB's contract status since that time - at least none that hit the news. There was some talk in social media back during the Shictor crap when Nelson Branco wrote that EB was in contract negotiations and EB denied from pillar to post and called NB a liar. Turns out he was in negotiations but signed without any apparent (or at least they weren't reported) tussle. In that period, people were so disgusted about that storyline it wouldn't surprise me that the fans issuing death threats were from those who would have rather seen EB's head on a pike than some faceless exec at Sony. He's re-inked every contract up for renewal with nary a whimper, so I can't even fathom what the fuck he's talking about here. The only people who are fed up enough about the state of things on this show right now are so sick of EB and the odious caricature he portrays on this sludge bucket would just as soon see him hit with a bolt of lightening and go up in a puff of black smoke and cinders. The image of the Spielberg remake of War of the Worlds comes to mind to me here. Visions of one of those space pods zapping him and watching him float back to earth in ash and remnants of shredded clothing. This Sony exec is on some serious shit here, or he's lost his mind.

To my dad it was always "that guy from Rat Patrol".

• Love 3

OMG! "Cane" AKA D.G. liked 3 of my Instragram posts that had nothing to do with Y&R. Teen Mom 2 & a nasty statement and a Mystic pic. How weird  is that? Nothing on theY&R. he gave nada! And he the one I don't care for! Very strange.

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 3

Just jumping in to say that isn't the show I was thinking of. It was one of the night-time talk shows and I'm pretty sure they asked about names, not pictures. It was Erica Kane, Victor Newman, and Luke & Laura. Only one person recognized Victor's name. Re the above video, of course people in NYC would recognize Geraldo because he was a local media star and social activist because he went national.

In related crap news, I won't link to it because it's a link bait site but there's a one of those lame news items out there about who the wealthiest soap stars are. It lists a handful of people who it claims are worth in the low seven figures and then EB towers at the top around the middle eight figures. I had to laugh because of course they'd wait until only the four remaining soaps would be in contention, otherwise Susan Lucci would likely be at the top. Hear tell she's at least as much as EB.

• Love 3

OMG! "Cane" AKA D.G. liked 3 of my Instragram posts that had nothing to do with Y&R. Teen Mom 2 & a nasty statement and a Mystic pic. How weird is that? Nothing on theY&R. he gave nada! And he the one I don't care for! Very strange.

Maybe he watches Teen Mom also, enjoys mean comments, and is interested in getting a Mystic Tan.

• Love 3

TooMuchSoap:  Is this the video you were thinking of? 

I believe it is. I googled this the other day to see if I couldn't find it, and came up with nothin'. So thanks for sleuthing successfully. I will say that the version of the video I saw only featured one woman who could identify him by name (his acting name and his character's name), so this must have been a lengthier version that I wasn't aware of.

ETA: It appears that the blind item about the actor who may be leaving after his one-year contract isn't extended may be Sean Carrigan after all. Apparently, there was something about this in either SOD or SID this past week, and there was another tweet from SoapOperaSpy this morning concerning it. I don't know why the show wouldn't just bump him back to recurring and write him in or out as needed. I don't care one way or the other. I can't help but wonder whether JH is planning to stick this out or not. I'm thinking the longer he stays on this show and all his acting deficiencies are displayed, the harder it's going to be for him to transition back into primetime or elsewhere. The guy's nearly 40. But I've read some rumors that his girlfriend has been in some discussions with Y&R. Maybe they plan to bring her on as a shiny new bauble.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3
I've read some rumors that his girlfriend has been in some discussions with Y&R. Maybe they plan to bring her on as a shiny new bauble.

lawdy lawdy, chrishell stause on y&r.

she's mce's best friend since amc days and jh's real life gf so i can absolutely see her coming here.

she's a horrible actress tho and pratt wrote her as such a garden utensil on amc.

however, i can see it being so.

• Love 3

Rumours are circling that JH may be going back to prime time as the new MacGyver. It's in a thread at SOC I believe.

SOC has a thread that states JH may be going back to prime time as the new MacGyver. It will be interesting to see what happens. Victor deserves life n prison IMO more than anyone on the show.

• Love 4

I used to really like Lauren and Paul together back in the day.

remember when lauren sent in a nude pic of paul to playgirl and he got the centrefold?

back in the day, he was pretty buff 

i dont't think mary was very happy about it tho.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 7

remember when lauren sent in a nude pic of paul to playgirl and he got the centrefold?

back in the day, he was pretty buff 

i dont't think mary was very happy about it tho.

No mother Mary did not find that very amusing! LOL Oh yeah I used to think Paul was a hottie back in the day!!!!

• Love 2

jeez, another newbie is coming to gc.

apparently jensen buchanan (ex vicky/marley from aw) is going to start appearing and she will be a member of the gc social set....

I would much rather see sharon more as she has barely been on lately.

saw her instagram and she said to someone who wanted a set tour that she couldn't do it cause she wasn't in production right now...:(

...she couldn't do it cause she wasn't in production right now...:(

That's interesting. I would have assumed that a cast member or other member of the show or crew would be able to come and go around the studio pretty much at will. I wonder if this is something new or whether it's been the norm all the while. In that regard, I would think that it would definitely limit the opportunities for leaks leading to spoilers and other gossip. But it begs the question, how is that an actor who is onset to film would have the time to be/cause a distraction because of guests they're traipsing around the sets during filming of scenes that they're involved in? That seems more problematic than having someone on his or her off days quietly bringing in a guest or two to see BTS. Hmm.

• Love 2

I'm very curious about Tristan Rogers' situation with Y&R. Does anyone know anything about his contract? I don't understand why he re-signed or why he signed in the first place considering how very little screen time he gets. Why not go back to GH where he might actually get a story. 

• Love 6

I'm very curious about Tristan Rogers' situation with Y&R. Does anyone know anything about his contract? I don't understand why he re-signed or why he signed in the first place considering how very little screen time he gets. Why not go back to GH where he might actually get a story.

I think it had to do with money. He gave an interview in SOD at the time and basically said that.

• Love 1

I guess they pay him more for his ten episodes then GH for his 20 he did there? I dunno he said he likes both characters had to go with the bottom line. I inferred that meant financially but could be wrong. They could have promised him stuff when he made the move that didn't pan out.

• Love 1

I think it just meant SC wasn't going to make a special trip to the studios during her time off.

That's what I thought she meant too. SC sure has an active and fun filled life judging by her photos on her twitter page! She always looks so happy and beautiful!!

• Love 2

so anyone going to see jm in abbotsford bc on saturday?

he is at the westcoast womens show at the tradex arena..

at one time, i would have been chawing at the bit to go see him but not this time.

wonder how much he will rave about his newest coupling? 

• Love 2

LOL  apparently jm has already been raving about his newest coupling and screen partner.

i read a post on the soc facebook page about his interview and the poster was wondering if his wife took offense (or something like that) with the way he speaks of the actress.

IDK, sometimes i wonder if that is the way they really feel or if they just say it so screen partner doesn't take offense like a previous ones did...

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 1

Does "Sick" - Sage and Nick have fans? I read soap magazines (I know! Still!!!! haha) and come here and was nosing around online and they don't seem to be popular.

Even Navery had some fans back in the day. It's kinda shitty in soaps right now if you like romance and that whole super couple "squeee!" love. Days couples are all broken up or has one or more deranged partners. This show only has Phack and Hevon in that category. B&B is doing the absolute best in the romance dept with CarRidge and Raya.

• Love 6
LOL  apparently jm has already been raving about his newest coupling and screen partner.

JM seems to latch onto whoever appears to be the current fair-haired boy or girl. He still talks about MS like she was the greatest thing since sliced bread even though many fans came to loathe her prima donna ways. He was pretty buddy-buddy with MM until MM's situation blew up. Then he became BFFs with SBu. I guess he's publicly cozying up to KS for the same reason. That's surprises me because there was a blind item a few months ago about a soap star who wasn't thrilled with their latest romantic pairing. Many people assumed it was JM because in his scenes with KS his disgust was almost palpable. If it was JM I guess now that she's clearly one of the teacher's pets he wants to hitch a ride on her wagon. No shame in his backstage politics game...

• Love 5

Does "Sick" - Sage and Nick have fans? I read soap magazines (I know! Still!!!! haha) and come here and was nosing around online and they don't seem to be popular.

Even Navery had some fans back in the day. It's kinda shitty in soaps right now if you like romance and that whole super couple "squeee!" love. Days couples are all broken up or has one or more deranged partners. This show only has Phack and Hevon in that category. B&B is doing the absolute best in the romance dept with CarRidge and Raya.

Don't forget my favorites, Queacon and Wyvy! ;>)
  • Love 4
JM seems to latch onto whoever appears to be the current fair-haired boy or girl. He still talks about MS like she was the greatest thing since sliced bread even though many fans came to loathe her prima donna ways.

i think in one interview, he believes it was working with ms that gave him his akting skillz...

umm, fyi jm, it's nothing to brag about cause your akting skillz are sadly lacking and maybe you should just stick to taking off your shirt and simulating sex like you once bragged about doing.

• Love 2