Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

Well there's all this hypcriocy that we're supposed to think it's super cool and awesome that Sonny and Jason are mobsters, but also totally understand why they want to keep their children out of the business.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I always envision Morgan's comeback story as him being involved in a rival family.  Not in a "I'm going to show Sonny" or "get revenge for imagined slights" kind of way, but just having gotten his shit together mentally and decided to stay dead, getting involved with some other family incidentally and really loving the "life".  

ETA: though, I would live for a story where it comes out very publicly that Morgan is Avery's father and Carly changed the DNA test.  Thus Morgan can find out and then be VERY PISSED and come back to get his daughter away from his asshole parents.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Well there's all this hypcriocy that we're supposed to think it's super cool and awesome that Sonny and Jason are mobsters, but also totally understand why they waont to keep their children out of the business.

Only Sonny.  Last Halloween Jason said that he was fine if Jake and Danny want to follow in his footsteps.

A wish that will never come true, but still - Scott Clifton somehow burns every bridge at "The Bold and the Beautiful" and comes back to "General Hospital" as Dillon so I can have him and Amanda Setton in scenes together snarking on each in that Q way.  Oh it would be so thrilling!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Random wishful casting I thought of.  As you all know, I've always wanted Serena on the show.  And if it can't be the now-enlisted Carly Schroeder, I imagined Dreama Walker in the role.  She worked opposite Amanda Setton as one of Blair's bitches on "Gossip Girl", was a series regular on a show or two, did a bunch of guest spots.  She has the kind of energy I could see working for Serena, and I would make her and Brook friends since I would like Brook to have a gal pal and it's obviously not going to be Lulu or Maxie.

• Love 1

I want a Lois visit, but with Rena Sofer busy over at "The Bold and the Beautiful", I kinda think it'd be funny if they stuck the Denise wig on Lisa LoCicero and she played Lois given Olivia is basically filling the function.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Honestly, I'd be down with the show setting Ryan free again to wreck some more havoc! We really could use a murder spree right now that knocks out some of the newer character/recast duds like Peter, Nina, Sasha, Dev, Finn, and Jordan. 

Bring back Hayden. She can take care of Violet and get involved with Curtis. 

Recast a SORAS-ed Emma for Anna and Robert to watch over and, in the process, bring them slowly back together. Emma can be in the teen crew. While they're at it, bring in a SORAS-ed Spencer for the teen crew too. 

Bring on a new mid-20s Taggart to replace Sasha's spot in the Chase/Michael/Willow group. She can be a cop too and be another one of Taggart's daughters from a different relationship. 

With Nina gone, let Maxie take over Crimson like they've been alluding to all this time anyway. 

• Love 4

I agree with Laur, free Ryan to kill whoever. Or have a natural disaster. Just please remove these useless, annoying people. I can provide recommendations for victims. Seriously, I've got a list of between 10 and 20. Contact me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Laur said:

Bring on a new mid-20s Taggart to replace Sasha's spot in the Chase/Michael/Willow group. She can be a cop too and be another one of Taggart's daughters from a different relationship. 

They can bring in Anna Donely for this slot. Is Molly Burnett looking for a job? It would give Lucas some non crazy, non morally corrupt family.

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of the mob storylines, but my wishlist would include at least trying to make the show's direction make sense. Give them something to do. If it's all MB all the time, make Sonny the hero defending his town against a Big Bad human trafficking ring or some kid-killing Cassadine-created super drug in a war with a bigger criminal outfit. Make various criminal interests allied together to spring the port from his control (stunt casting and/or more diverse actors get work here). It's just boring when there's this undefined "bad guy" as the hero of the show with nothing going on around him. 

I want to see Jimmy Lee Holt's twin kids come back to town, but wanting to take the Quartermaine name, and at this point, Monica is like YES!

I'd love to actually see Molly Burnette and Chandler Massey (I know, I know, he's on Days, but whatever, it's a wishlist). They are relatively close in age (she's 32, he's 29) and actually look enough alike that they'd be believable as identical twins.

He married a woman named Charity Gatlin in 1986, so it's works that they had kids in, say, 1990 and the twins are about 28-30.  That gives us two new quartermaines, male/female in the 20 age range to play with.

I also want to see Lucky return, ideally I'd prefer Jonathan Jackson because, yeah, but if not, a good actor and basically have him run into Nelle when she's having a shitty day and not knowing anything about her and do his whole 'must save damsel in distress' thing. And Nelle and Lucky genuinely fall in love which would drive Bobbie and Carly INSANE. (HAHAHAHAHA!) And would so be par for the course for Lucky. And the good guy and the bad girl is always such a fun soap trope.

Oh, and I want Robert and Olivia.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

All of that @driver18, except JJ, cause i'm over JJ's Lucky.  

I’d love to have GV Lucky back.  He was so nice to look at.  It was so unfair to fire him for JJ who cried too much and ended up leaving anyway.

For many years, I’ve been wishing for Jason Morgan to become Jason Quartermaine again.  He’d have some injury, wake up in the hospital with Carly crying over him.  ‘Who are you?  I do WHAT for a living???’  So many fun possibilities.  Well, fun for me because Sonny/Carly/Sam would be devastated.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I’d love to have GV Lucky back.  He was so nice to look at.  It was so unfair to fire him for JJ who cried too much and ended up leaving anyway.

That would be a no from me, because I've never found Vaughn that good of an actor; all his characters are interchangeable. And it wasn't Jonathan's fault that Guzeasshole fired Vaughn once he convinced Jonathan to return. And the CRYING is the reason that Jonathan left again. He wasn't happy with what was being written.

And for those that don't know? When Jonathan left? Or was it Tyler? Both Tyler and Jonathan wrote those scenes. Which explained why they were so good.

What I wouldn't give to have Jonathan back, and have him write his own damn fucking lines.  Or hire Sri Rao to write for him, Anna, Robert, and the other hacks can continue to write for the SUCK that continue to eat away at this show.

And I also want a horsie.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That would be a no from me, because I've never found Vaughn that good of an actor; all his characters are interchangeable. And it wasn't Jonathan's fault that Guzeasshole fired Vaughn once he convinced Jonathan to return. And the CRYING is the reason that Jonathan left again. He wasn't happy with what was being written.

And for those that don't know? When Jonathan left? Or was it Tyler? Both Tyler and Jonathan wrote those scenes. Which explained why they were so good.

What I wouldn't give to have Jonathan back, and have him write his own damn fucking lines.  Or hire Sri Rao to write for him, Anna, Robert, and the other hacks can continue to write for the SUCK that continue to eat away at this show.

And I also want a horsie.

I don’t blame JJ for GV getting fired but I still don’t want him back. I just wasn’t a fan of his adult version of Lucky and I don’t think my opinion would change with different writing. I would be open to a Lucky recast though. 

• Love 2

I'd love to have Emily back but only if the character was written closer to AT's version and not the princess in distress, friend to all the creatures NL version. Emily 1.0 had a spark that 2.0 lacked. You could call 1.0 many things but insipid was not one of them. One of the things I liked best about AT's Emily was that she had no use for Carly - never forgave her for the damage she did to either of her brothers - and had no issue letting Carly know she thought Carly was trash and a waste of oxygen. And the best part was that Carly had to eat the insults because Jason had told her that she didn't have to be friends with Emily but that Carly was not allowed to scheme against her and if he ever found Emily smelling like booze in a dumpster, they were through. There were times when I actually found myself wincing on Carly's behalf because the insults were so cutting.

I remember Carly's bridal shower before her marriage to AJ. Emily gave her a cheap, trashy red teddy so AJ would know exactly what he was marrying. It was especially cutting because I think it may have been a joint shower with Chloe and Chloe had just opened a box with a beautiful antique satin nightgown and I think Carly was hoping for the same. 

If they can bring back Jake despite having his heart or whatever donated (just how many purloined organs does mini-Me!Me! have?) they can bring back Emily. Blame it on Helena - faking deaths and kidnapping is practically her hobby. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

I'd love to have Emily back but only if the character was written closer to AT's version and not the princess in distress, friend to all the creatures NL version. Emily 1.0 had a spark that 2.0 lacked.

I second this. I loved AT's Emily, she was so talented at such a young age its no surprise she went on to bigger things. The revamp of the character to suit NL's was majorly disappointing. That should've been a Jennifer Bransford situation. It was clear off the bat that this was not the right fit for the role and a recast made. Then to help nuEmily along they ruined Zander's character and killed him off. 

Still, killing off Emily with such finality was very dumb. It's a soap and anyone can be brought back any crazy way, but I don't have high hopes at all that the current regime would write a NuNu Emily like 1.0. 

• Love 1

The list of characters who have not been presumed dead or faked their deaths on this show is shockingly low at this point, so I don't think we need to add to that, lol.

I do think that Skye and Lila Rae should be brought in to fill out the Q ranks a bit, and Dillon should come back as well.  I wasn't a huge fan of the more recent actor for Dillon, but he was inofensive enough as a character, excepting his Lulu fixation at the beginning.

I want Serena and Christina as well, but that's a lot of female characters I want on the board, so we need some more guys as well.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 8:05 PM, ouinason said:

I want Serena and Christina as well, but that's a lot of female characters I want on the board, so we need some more guys as well.

Tom Hardy, Jr! I neeeeeed my biracial, pansexual, hot doctor! He can hook up with anybody. Lucas, Maxie, Lulu, Terry (does Terry still exist?)...

So, Tom Jr comes to town, now called Thomas. He has an early-Patrick Drake vibe, you know, the arrogant hotshot. He connects with childhood friends Lucas and Maxie and a light, good-natured triangle develops. (Oh, Peter August? He's fucked off with his real mom Alex and left Maxie his publishing company as penance for getting her last hot dumb cop killed, so she's flush. She gets into business shenanigans with Michael - I would have a competent, often-exasperated Serena in here somewhere, maybe Maxie hires her as an executive, or PR person or whatever - and they also have a thing. Maxie's not interested in anything serious yet.)

Maxie and Thomas was mostly friends-with-benefits, he has some other hookups, but it's clear that it's with Lucas that Thomas has Caught Feelings. They team up to establish the Jones Hardy Memorial Free Clinic - named after Tony and Steve, obvs. Unbeknownst to Thomas, funding falls through at the last minute and Lucas goes to Sonny for help. Sonny plays the generous brother-in-law at first, but soon enough he's asking for favors. Before he knows it, Lucas is a mob doctor and doesn't know how to get out of it. At some point, Thomas finds out.  Maybe Jason gets shot and goes to the clinic and the mob goons follow him there and shoot up the place. Thomas is shot, too, as well as other people. Someone dies, I don't know who. Avery, possibly. Someone innocent connected to the Corinthii. Thomas is in the hospital, big soapy scenes by his bed, maybe they even bring Audrey back for a scene, you know the drill.

Anyway, Lucas is guilt-ridden. He goes secretly to police commissioner (Jordan, I guess or Anna if she got her brain back) and makes a deal to take Sonny and Jason down. He gets immunity from prosecution, but his medical license is suspended - temporarily - and he has to work hard to redeem himself. (At some point, there's a scene with Brad, now that Lucas knows what it's like to be the one with the relationship-destroying secret. Maybe they even have sex one last time, with the mutual realization that it was goodbye.) He does, eventually gets back with Thomas - who has worked out some issues of his own during his recovery, especially with his father.

Heh, this turned out to be more about Lucas than Thomas Hardy, Jr. And a Sonny and Jason Finally Go Down story would have to be bigger than just Lucas - it would have to include the whole canvas, I think. And there would be a lot of fallout. But I just made this up on the fly. Though it was @Ambrosefolly who had the "Sonny makes a mob doctor of someone establishing a free clinic" idea.

ETA: I forgot to credit @jsbt, who was the first one I recall to suggest Maxie/Michael and Avery dying in a mob war.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I would have a competent, often-exasperated Serena in here somewhere,

If I brought Serena on-canvas, I would strive to have her often bemused and exasperated by what Scotty and Lucy were getting up to.  I recall Scotty mentioned to Bobbie last year that he thinks Serena keeps him and Lucy at a remove because she's more like Lee and Gail than them and I found that idea so interesting and would love to see it explored.

And Serena and Kevin would still be close and have cute coffee dates where Serena gets to comically vent about her wacky parents and the antics of an off-screen Christina, building up to her also moving to town down the line.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If I brought Serena on-canvas, I would strive to have her often bemused and exasperated by what Scotty and Lucy were getting up to.

I'm amused at the thought of uber-competent Serena surrounded by wacky people. Her parents, her sister, her co-workers and friends.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apologies, but I have more thoughts! As a result of the Sonny and Jason go down AT LAST story, Sonny either gets life in prison or commits suicide. Ava also goes off to prison. Julian shifts (or maybe that should be stays) to the Luke-like role of being a legit business owner who has some shady contacts, but definitely not a major mob player. As a sop to JaSam fans, those two get scooped up by the WSB in some sort of work-release/witness protection thing where they can work off their debt to society by having spy adventures. They'd be gone, but I'd leave the door open for Danny to return one day, maybe sent to live with Monica if/when things get too hot to handle. Carly would avoid prison, but she'd lose her husband, power, money (the hotel would either be seized by the cops or she'd have to sell her half to pay legal fees or something.) Michael wouldn't let her starve, but she'll struggle to figure out her life with Sonny and Jason gone, Michael busy with his own affairs, Morgan and Avery dead, Joss hating her and staying with Jax (and a young child to raise on her own! I keep forgetting Donna the Unnecessary.)

This would all be a way to clear out the mob stuff and focus again on the hospital

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Carly would avoid prison, but she'd lose her husband, power, money (the hotel would either be seized by the cops or she'd have to sell her half to pay legal fees or something.)

Now that they've ruined the only Carly storyline I wanted to see - teenage Joss making Carly's life a living hell - this is the #1 Carly story I want, her losing her hotel, her veneer of respectability and legitimacy, someway, somehow.

The Show: But Carly's such a talented businesswoman!

Me: DCI6fI9XUAEUTvd.jpg&key=e4d48e2f75691f54

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I'd leave the door open for Danny to return one day, maybe sent to live with Monica if/when things get too hot to handle.

He already lives with Monica; why change things?

14 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Carly would avoid prison, but she'd lose her husband, power, money (the hotel would either be seized by the cops or she'd have to sell her half to pay legal fees or something.)

We've discussed for years how stupid it is that no one has tried to take the MetroCourt from Carly. It's not as if that story can't involve Sonny, since we know he has to be involved in everything. Though now that I think about it, I'm legit surprised he's been so hands-off—Carly is actually allowed to run the hotel on her own terms, not Sonny's.

14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

they've ruined the only Carly storyline I wanted to see - teenage Joss making Carly's life a living hell

I KNOW. What's the point of giving people kids if they aren't going to terrorize their parents as teenagers? The show should have used Oscar's death as the catalyst for Joss going off the rails for a while. It didn't even have to be major, just her sassing Carly and Sonny (and to a lesser degree, Jax).

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Though now that I think about it, I'm legit surprised he's been so hands-off—Carly is actually allowed to run the hotel on her own terms, not Sonny's.

I'm not surprised. It's something for the little woman to do so that she doesn't interfere in or bug him about his bidness. Carly is nothing if not someone who is in everyone else's business.

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:
On 7/25/2020 at 11:17 AM, dubbel zout said:

Though now that I think about it, I'm legit surprised he's been so hands-off—Carly is actually allowed to run the hotel on her own terms, not Sonny's.

I'm not surprised. It's something for the little woman to do so that she doesn't interfere in or bug him about his bidness. Carly is nothing if not someone who is in everyone else's business.

What surprises me is that Sonny hasn't tried to launder some of his money through the MetroCourt. It's a legit enterprise, so why not? It might take some of the scrutiny off the coffee business. But then, the show doesn't do much with Corinthos Coffee as a business, either. If it wants to get away from the mob a bit, that's certainly a way to do it, and it still keeps Sonny/Jason/Carly front and center as is the law.

No way would Sonny risk using Carly's business for his illegal shit.  She could up and divorce him at any second.  Also, Carly wouldn't want to let him be involved in her business for the same reason. Look how well it worked out when she and Jax divorced.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What surprises me is that Sonny hasn't tried to launder some of his money through the MetroCourt. It's a legit enterprise, so why not?

For the same reason that they don't have Sonny involved in drugs or prostitution, money laundering is too close to being a "bad mobster". Sonny only traffics in gummi bears.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For the same reason that they don't have Sonny involved in drugs or prostitution, money laundering is too close to being a "bad mobster". Sonny only traffics in gummi bears.

The fucking caveat of this show. Memo to show: no matter what illegal business Sonny is involved in, it is all going to be bad and contributes to human suffering in one way or another, that is why it is illegal. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If they can tap dance around everything else illegal that Sonny does, they can tap dance around this.

Whatever, since it's a business story that involves the wimmins, even Carly, that's a double no.

What is the last really bad thing that Sonny did as a mobster?  I'm coming up blank other than Karen since they've been redeeming him for years. Sure, he killed AJ but that wasn't as a mob boss (and he did it to save the world from AJ who is that evil). Sonny's never the aggressor, it's always the other mob bosses targeting him. Now that Cyrus wants to move into his territory, Sonny is refusing to let guns and drugs into his area. #SavingPortCharles

On 10/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, dubbel zout said:

There's definitely a story in Sonny leaving the bidness and trying to arrange his successor, but the show will never do it.

They started this with Drewson but Sonny soon realized that unless he was running the bidness, there would be a gang war so he went back in. Such a self-sacrificing hero, that Sonny.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny's never the aggressor, it's always the other mob bosses targeting him. Now that Cyrus wants to move into his territory, Sonny is refusing to let guns and drugs into his area. #SavingPortCharles

For a long time they've definitely made Sonny the victim as far as the mob stuff goes. That way the focus is on how Sonny is the good mobster—no guns! no drugs!—and everyone coming after him is a big old meanie. It's also a way to gloss over whatever Sonny is supposed to be doing as a mob boss.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They started this with Drewson but Sonny soon realized that unless he was running the bidness, there would be a gang war so he went back in. Such a self-sacrificing hero, that Sonny.

Yeah, they tease us every so often with Sonny retiring but never follow through. I wonder if SBu's return tanked the most recent mention of it. Jason doesn't want to be the boss, but there's no way Sonny wouldn't discuss it with him.

I'd be happy if Sonny one day decided he was done with the mob and it was never mentioned again. He's pretty toothless the way it is, so what's the difference?

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

What is the last really bad thing that Sonny did as a mobster?  I'm coming up blank other than Karen since they've been redeeming him for years. Sure, he killed AJ but that wasn't as a mob boss (and he did it to save the world from AJ who is that evil). Sonny's never the aggressor, it's always the other mob bosses targeting him. Now that Cyrus wants to move into his territory, Sonny is refusing to let guns and drugs into his area. #SavingPortCharles

Shooting Dante?  Leaving out the Dante being his son part, Sonny thought he was killing an unarmed undercover cop who had infiltrated his organization.

(edited)

But it was Dante's fault!  He betrayed Sonny!  And after Sonny was grooming him to take over his organization!

That's what I mean, that if you're authoritarian-leaning, Sonny isn't really doing anything wrong. He's always more sinned against than sinning.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He's pretty toothless the way it is, so what's the difference?

He would be even more toothless if he left the mob though. As the head of the largest mob in the east coast, he's powerful. If he left, compared to Finn the infectious disease specialist, Kevin the psychiatrist and Robert Scorpio the DA much less the wealth and power of Valentin and Jax, Sonny would be pretty much a nothing burger. Basically, he would be the equivalent of Julian, someone who was in the mob but now is a shopkeeper.  I can't see the show agreeing to go there. At least this way Carly and Sonny (and Michael and Kristina and Joss) can threaten everyone with the big, bad mob boss.

Edited by statsgirl
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny would keep his power somehow even if he weren't in the mob. The stories would make sure of that. But the writers are too lazy to make any meaningful changes anywhere in the show, really.

I agree. In addition to that laziness, I think the writers are under the impression that these mob stories are edgy, sexy, and cool; instead of old, tired, and played out.

• Love 5
(edited)

It is entirely possible to write the fall of the mob. Jason could be drafted to the WSB (or die! I'd kill him in an instant if I could) and Sonny could lose it all, then crawl up to becoming a somewhat scuzzier Victor Newman/Craig Montgomery/etc. white collar raider type. This would give him a new sphere of potential allies, enemies and new avenues for story in an elder statesman role. It would require evolving the characters and show, but this show and network have absolutely no interest in evolving GH at all, just subsisting for as long as possible.

Anyway, they could fire most of the contract cast and I wouldn't blink. Looking at you, Maxie and Lulu. 

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

It would require evolving the characters and show, but this show and network have absolutely no interest in evolving GH at all, just subsisting for as long as possible.

Totes.

And I was thinking...it's not really a mob thing.  If it was a mob thing, if it was that integral to the identity of the show, there would be other characters in it, a new generation.  Because if Maurice Bernard retired tomorrow, there's nothing to sustain it.

But it's just there because Sonny and Jason have to stay in amber.  There needs to be shots of Sonny loading his gun to put into promos.  Jason needs to be in a black tee and leather jacket.  It's just so tiresome.

• Love 5

That's totally true.  If Sonny and Jason were gone tomorrow, the entire Mob would be over.  There are no other main cast mobsters at all except the two of them.  Even the people who were in it are out (Julian and Ava).  

Ava will never get out. I don't buy whatever she's doing today. Art gallery? Come on. She's a criminal. I don't mind a crime presence. The same one unchanging for 25 years? No.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I was thinking...it's not really a mob thing.  If it was a mob thing, if it was that integral to the identity of the show, there would be other characters in it, a new generation.  Because if Maurice Bernard retired tomorrow, there's nothing to sustain it.

I could see Michael deciding to take over, even against Carly's wishes. If Morgan were still around, he'd also want a piece. That would have set up a brother vs. brother thing (like in The Godfather! OMG!).

But the bigger problem, as people have noted, is that there's been no change in the mob stories in forever.

• Love 2

Having Michael legit and running ELQ while Morgan (when he comes back) runs the mob would be an interesting brother vs brother story.

Dev was excited about the mob. I'm sure he'd love to join.  But Jason would always stay second in command and having Dev there would only point out how old SBu has become.

• Love 1