Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, too many half-mobster Q's (see also Leo Quartermaine, scion of Julian Jerome).

That's Port Charles for you.

21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

[Leo] can disappear too. Or make him Ned's.

Disappear. There are too many babies on the show.

(edited)

Rocco is actually Lulu and Dante's child. Charlotte is an abomination.

And yes, Franco would have a Who Killed Franco? with an unironic photo of the entire cast (it would be Jake since that kid is pretty good, with Liz and Cam both trying to take the blame).

Imaginary myth Anna Donely would probably come on as a tough new cop - Anna Devane's protege.

I would dig Chris Ramsey making a cameo, but IIRC video game superstar Nolan North hates soaps and is quite vocal about it.

I would not write S&C out. I would probably recast Carly with Sarah Brown and reposition her. The relationship would end. Sonny would be moved back to the elder/patriarch role Guza and RC had begun moving him into. Michael would know A.J. is (of course) alive and has quietly been maintaining a relationship with him for at least a year, and upon repositioning the character's resentment of S&C would build back up as per A.J. who semi-manipulates Michael to help snake ELQ and some of Sonny's holdings out from under Sonny and Ned.

I would def beg Jane to come back as much as possible as Tracy for stints. Tracy and Luke would be just friends. I'd also recast Dillon. Ava would lose Kiki to what she thinks is mob violence for her sins, but is actually framed that way as part of a sinister Cassadine plot designed to manipulate Ava for a truly bizarre storyline.

Laura/Kevin/Lucy would play out slowly due to a Ryan Chamberlain caper, and Lucy and Kevin's scheming daughter Christina - but Laura would be drawn to a dashing black, British WSB agent, who also happens to be a distant Ward cousin because whatever, right

I would be into bringing Brook Lynn (and/or Lila Rae back along with Skye for stints, because I suspect Lila could be a very different flavor female character), but Brook would need a specifically crafted character and purpose as opposed to the joke she was upon SORASing. Each of the young people has to be uniquely distinguishable in tone, goals or character.

If KM stayed (or maybe before she left and Jason died idk), it would be revealed Sam is actually Stavros'. As I've said all along, Alexis blocked out the truth and chose to believe her first innocent love, Julian, was her first sexual experience. Julian would be phased out/killed at some point. Probably not instantly because there's soooo many bigger problems now lol. Nina would go down in a feud with Lucy and Serena over Deception/Crimson and possibly ultimately end up in the funny farm again, or I might just have her get defeated in business and split.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Just curious - why would you keep Charlotte versus Rocco?

I just think Lante should have had a girl.  To quote Despair in the Afternoon:

"(Also, I’m really bummed that Britt’s baby is a boy. The idea of Dante doting on a little girl was so appealing! But then I guess we couldn’t let Corinthos sperm create too many girl-children. That’s just not allowed.)"

And sure, he's gone, but we still must honor this idea dammit. Even without Dante I would have prefered Lulu to have a (non-Cassadine fathered) girl.

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

If KM stayed (or maybe before she left and Jason died idk), it would be revealed Sam is actually Stavros'. As I've said all along, Alexis blocked out the truth and chose to believe her first innocent love, Julian, was her first sexual experience.

That's actually a good reason for KM to leave and it gives NLG better material than waffling over the man who tried/pretended to slit his wife's throat with the dagger that killed her mother

• Love 2

I don't remember Rick Webber, Jr., but do remember young Mikey, who turned out to be the son of Derek Barrington, and subsequently left town with Derek and Lorena. Might be fun to revive the Barrington family!

• Love 1

Sam dies and we find out that she put Drew as the guardian of both children in her will.  And of course, though Carly shoves and demands, Jason could never go against her wishes.  Then Drew takes the kids and moves to the other side of town, across the invisibility line, but we hear Jake occasionally talk about him and how much time they all spend together.  SORAS Scout to be Aiden's best friend and then great grandma Audrey can retire from permanent child care and the kids can just be with Drew and the kids all the damn time on sleepovers.

OOOHHHH  Drew can live in the now invisible Gate House at the Qs.  Monica can have a home constantly filled with happy children.

Jason rides off a cliff on his bike, because the tears in his eyes make his blinking worse and he can't see where he's going.  PSA for Helmet Safety.

• Love 3

With Ryan aiming to kill Lucy (you better not, Show!), what I wish would happen instead is that Ryan decides to lock Lucy up with Kevin the loony bin.  Being trapped together gives Kevin and Lucy time to reflect on their history and rekindle their feelings.  Lucy's radio silence also brings Serena to town and she nearly runs afoul of Ryan herself.

• Love 2

I don't think Kevin would cheat on Laura. That's just not the kind of guy he is and frankly it would be a disservice to his character.  Develop feelings maybe that become an issue later but not actual rekindling.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

With Ryan aiming to kill Lucy (you better not, Show!), what I wish would happen instead is that Ryan decides to lock Lucy up with Kevin the loony bin.  Being trapped together gives Kevin and Lucy time to reflect on their history and rekindle their feelings.  Lucy's radio silence also brings Serena to town and she nearly runs afoul of Ryan herself.

You know, as much as I'm not the biggest fan of Lucy (sorry, @TeeVee329!) it would be refreshing to see exes that have hurt each other badly to be grownups about a situation and hash things out. As well as working together to get out of Ferncliff, get Kevin home and save Felicia and everyone from Ryan ;)

I'm in!

9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

You know, as much as I'm not the biggest fan of Lucy (sorry, @TeeVee329!) it would be refreshing to see exes that have hurt each other badly to be grownups about a situation and hash things out.

And let's put it this way.  If the show wrongly didn't fear my vengeance and had Ryan kill Lucy, in part because Kevin kept his non-deadness a secret, Kevin would never, ever, ever, EVVVEEERRR forgive himself. 

I'm actually curious how much fallout there will be for Kevin at the end of this story, about his keeping Ryan's non-deadness a secret.  I'm fearful it will be hardly any whereas that could be lead to some juicy drama.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And let's put it this way.  If the show wrongly didn't fear my vengeance and had Ryan kill Lucy, in part because Kevin kept his non-deadness a secret, Kevin would never, ever, ever, EVVVEEERRR forgive himself. 

I'm actually curious how much fallout there will be for Kevin at the end of this story, about his keeping Ryan's non-deadness a secret.  I'm fearful it will be hardly any whereas that could be lead to some juicy drama.

If the show bothered to remember that Kevin and Mac are friends, at the least Mac should be upset/irritated with Kevin that his secret-keeping inadvertently put Felicia in danger.

• Love 2

I wish they would fix all the horrible writing of The Scorpios... I feel bad for TR & FH sometimes that their characters were written so well in the 80s and then they kind of made them horrible parents later on. What made them special was that they would never abandon Robin and do anything to protect each other. Then when the EP at the time sabotaged them in 92 and made it so they couldn't come back to the show, and killed off their characters... by the time they came back... I have no idea who wrote the explanations, but anyone who loved those characters could've come up with something better... Hello, Robert could have been in a coma... Anna could have been sent on a missing persons missions to figure out who this person was. Maybe she's told it's some lunatic in a hospital saying things and mentioned her name and she shows up and it's Robert Scorpio! See, that would have already been better... Anyway, when Scorpio came back they made him into this horrible person, kind of like Luke and it never quite sat right with me, They can fix it. And they tried to make Duke the love of Anna's life, which would've been okay, except they made him return to the mob and then die, which sucked too. Then they made Anna having kept a huge secret from Robert about having a son which I think TR & FH could've acted the sh*t out of, but they spend months on it, and then only gave them like 3 scenes to talk about. Back in the day that would have been an intense week that would have gotten that back in bed together. I still think before TR retires or dies, they should make that character end as the great Robert Scorpio, great father and great love of Anna's life. 

Drew with his daughter.  Please?

I'm sick of watching him play daddy to barely known son Oscar and now the Friz kids.

Where is Scout?  He's the only parent who cares about her and her birthday is coming up.  

"Let's have Drew play dad to everyone but the child he knew from the start because she serves no plot purpose!"

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

If Scout is onscreen at this point it'd be because she's either sick or the subject of a custody battle. Or because the writers have finally decided to give Drew his memories and develop the character beyond Anti-Sonny* Jason.

*Anti-Sonny is a decent start, but it's not enough (Hi, Taggert!) Too bad AJ isn't around to develop a relationship that would help flesh out Drew's character. On the upside, here's not around to be forced into a pairing with Nina - so, there's that.

• Love 2

Hi. New person here with a spotty viewing record over the last few years. What if (hear me out), we returned Michelle Stafford to her rightful place as Phyllis on Y&R and sent Gina Tognoni (who I love) over to GH to play Nina? Maybe I'm nuts but would Nina be more interesting if Gina were playing her?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lyndy said:

Hi. New person here with a spotty viewing record over the last few years. What if (hear me out), we returned Michelle Stafford to her rightful place as Phyllis on Y&R and sent Gina Tognoni (who I love) over to GH to play Nina? Maybe I'm nuts but would Nina be more interesting if Gina were playing her?

Probably. But I like GT too much to want to subject her to the GH writing staff

8 hours ago, Lyndy said:

Maybe I'm nuts but would Nina be more interesting if Gina were playing her?

Doubtful for me.  That whole inducing Ava's labor to steal her kid really soured me on the character.  MS's numerous acting tics make it worse; but, frankly, I never cared about the character and likely never will.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's "Hustlers", but the strip club where Jennifer Lopez, Betty Cooper from "Riverdale", etc.(including, crossing over from "One Life to Live", my beloved Kimberly Andrews) work belongs to Sonny and they take him and all the other stupid men in Port Charles for all their monies and, when they get caught, they flip on Sonny and get him sent to jail.

...maybe I've watched the "Hustlers" trailer too many times today lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brainstorm!  So we've got Mark Lawson's Dustin hanging around as a potential love interest for Lulu.  But!  We also gotta assume that, once the baby swap secret is exposed, Lucas is going to dump the hell out of Brad.  What if a spiraling Lucas went out and got drunk and had a ONS...with Dustin!  Have it turn out he's bisexual and maybe play a love triangle with the cousins and this new guy.

Might be too UK an idea, but still!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I have an image in my mind of Faran Tahir and Genie Francis together. He's too good for this show, but I have a crush and want to see him in all the things, and I've cooled on Kevin/Laura, so why not?

Maybe he's the PR guy she hires to rehabilitate her image after Spencer's election tampering come out. Maybe he's her opponent in the the next mayoral election. Maybe he's a new hospital board member who hires her to work there (remember how Laura has a degree in social work?). Maybe he's an International Man of Mystery/WSB agent who's secretly romancing her for intel to take the Cassadines down (including Nikolas and whatever shenanigans he was up while he was dead) but falls for her for real!

I mean this doesn't cure the whole show, sure, but Laura deserves a hot romance with an awesome guy who is created just for her.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 1

Can Sasha die from this bird flu? She is Michael's girlfriend, so it seems like it's likely enough. In my ideal world, Serena Baldwin finally can come back to fill a role in that age gap instead. 

Speaking of returns, I also think they should bring back a 30s-something Quartermaine in Brook Lynn Ashton. I think Nadia Bjorlin would be a good recast and would have the singing chops for it too.

Edited by Laur
25 minutes ago, Laur said:

Can Sasha die from this bird flu? She is Michael's girlfriend, so it seems like it's likely enough. In my ideal world, Serena Baldwin finally can come back to fill a role in that age gap instead. 

If Serena comes back, it will have to be a recast since Carly Schroeder is currently serving in the military.

• Love 1

DAYS is reportedly doing a 

Spoiler

time jump of a year or more in November.

This is something that was done on the Prospect Park online soaps, and something GH could heavily benefit from in terms of a clean slate. With better writing, of course. (Same goes for DAYS)

• Love 2

Has GH ever done a time jump? The show has been in such a creative rut for so long I'm a bit surprised it hasn't happened. As long as the writers are committed to genuinely moving forward (uh...), I think it's a great idea. There's nothing going on now that can't be hand waved later. Hell, just say "Helena's responsible" and go from there. They do it all the time now anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think that would do much to change the status quo on GH unless it’s a really big jump. They need a complete reset

AMC did five years (to SORAS the kids and clear out a largely gone ABC cast) and it clicked. But I think a year would be enough.

Edited by jsbt
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

AMC did five years (to SORAS the kids and clear out a largely gone ABC cast) and it clicked. But I think a year would be enough.

Port Charles, one year later: Maxie is having twins! Yaaaay!

• LOL 2

Knowing this show, a time jump would begin at yet another Sonny and Carly wedding, ugh.

I, on the other hand, would begin it with Carly's face covered in mascara tears as she watches the MetroCourt burn to the ground.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Knowing this show, a time jump would begin at yet another Sonny and Carly wedding, ugh.

I, on the other hand, would begin it with Carly's face covered in mascara tears as she watches the MetroCourt burn to the ground.

With Sonny inside. Jason runs in you save him. Big explosion. No more of those goobers.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

With Sonny inside. Jason runs in you save him. Big explosion. No more of those goobers.

Nope. This show would be nothing without them. They are GH

I think Sonny dying would be a very good source for drama for this show for ages.  Like, so many people are in his orbit.  In fact, I'd go so fra as to say that Sonny's violent death would be a good start to a final arc at the end of the show.  

• Love 5

I would agree, if it weren't that from then till the end of the show we would have everyone from Laura to Epiphany to Lulu to Diane to Jordan and Curtis to Chase to Anna and possibly even Robert not to mention Michael, Carly, Jason and Sam, endlessly telling us what a wonderful man Sonny was and what a loss to the world his death was.

That really is more than I could take.

• Love 4

i think there could have been much more drama in Sonny trying to go straight when he got out of jail. I mean, probably not with FV and his various HWs (their idea for non-mobJason was a media company) but potentially. GH did it with Luke and with Duke - and they're not writing mob stories for Sonny anyway

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Didn’t Sonny leave the mob for a little while after Michael was shot? I can’t remember the exact details as to why he went back but I thought that was why he married Claudia. I’ve been thinking the same thing. They want to pretend Sonny is a good guy so they might as well have made him leave the mob permanently a few years ago. 

He'd still be very wealthy.  And stories about him trying to figure out how to live without the mob and protecting his family from the consequences of his long criminal career couldn't be more terrible than the Sopranos Lite nonsense

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

And stories about him trying to figure out how to live without the mob and protecting his family from the consequences of his long criminal career couldn't be more terrible than the Sopranos Lite nonsense

GH writers: Challenge accepted!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Didn’t Sonny leave the mob for a little while after Michael was shot? I can’t remember the exact details as to why he went back but I thought that was why he married Claudia. I’ve been thinking the same thing. They want to pretend Sonny is a good guy so they might as well have made him leave the mob permanently a few years ago. 

He also spent, like, a year very recently saying he was going to leave the mob because Carly was upset about THE VIOLENCE.  But then he had to back out of quitting because...reasons?  Because he's the only thing sealing the Hellmouth that is the Port Charles ports...or something?

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

. But then he had to back out of quitting because...reasons?  Because he's the only thing sealing the Hellmouth that is the Port Charles ports...or something?

That's it. Someone (Max?) convinced him that if he stepped out, the resulting fight for power would destroy everyone.

Maybe Michael will take over when he dies, with Danny in the Jason role. Scout can take over ELQ.