Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Oh, not this 16-minute meal crap again. At least she didn't time them this time.

After watching today's show, I am convinced more than ever that Ree has spies on this board.

1.  She mentioned adding "too many ingredients" 

2.  She admitted that she doesn't pronounce bruschetta or bal-SAM-ick properly. She said she would work on the former. What does that say?

3.  She made a comment about wearing her "party top" and couldn't get her sleeves dirty.

The food looked dull. Why did the salad and the mega-kebabs need two separate dressings? One or the other would have sufficed for both. 

ITA on the flatbread. Again, who goes to all that trouble to make a single-serving lunch for themselves? I looked at all of the dishes and pans she was dirtying up just to make one flatbread. 

I can see adding a little pesto to top vegetables but why drown them in pesto cream sauce? And she kept adding and adding and adding ingredients. Pesto cream over kale sounds revolting.

I switched off during the bruschetta segment. Who cares? Did she ever explain what she did with the remaining half of the lime?

I am bad to think that Missy didn't look so good today. She looked like she came directly from working outside in the sun and went straight to Ree's house. (Maybe she did.) 

• Love 5

The way to make sure your meat and vegetables cook properly is to do all meat skewers and all vegetable skewers. Don’t mix on the same skewer!  (This is how I do shish kebab. )

• Love 7
6 hours ago, novhappy said:

Wait, what? Chili and adobo shrimp on a flatebread w Monterey Jack (of course) cheese and pineapple and avocado cream? Does pineapple belong on that?

Don't forget that she topped that mess with feta. Ugh ... 

• Love 2

Pretty sure that avocado cream is a blend of mashed/pureed avocado and sour cream or Mexican crema.  Some cooks add lime juice, cilantro, garlic, etc. - depends on who's making it. I had it for the first time at a Mexican restaurant, had no idea what it was, just a little cup of smooth green creaminess.  It was delish.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was down on this recipe from the start.  Don't put shrimp near my chili, and don't put chili near my shrimp!  Then, Ree -- per usual -- doesn't know where to stop.  I don't personally care for avocados, but most people do, so that was OK, but the combination of the avocado crema, pineapple, shrimp and pepper jack was vomit-inducing for me.  It was as if she started out with one idea and then switched midway to another idea.  It just didn't work. 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lura said:

....but the combination of the avocado crema, pineapple, shrimp and pepper jack was vomit-inducing for me...

That has to rank right up there with the worst possible combination of flavors in the universe.  Did she reach into the refrigerator blindfolded and just pull out 4 random things to throw together?  That's just disgusting.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't like avocados either, Lura. 

I forgot that Ree added jalapeno hot sauce to that bleu cheese dressing she made for Cowboy Josh.  That sounds absolutely horrible. BTW, a dinner with huge chunks of veggies and meat with vomit-inducing toppings isn't exactly a kid-friendly meal.  By the time the parents had the food cut up in to small enough pieces, it would be cold and gross.

Poor Taos and Rowdy. I forgot the older girl's name (probably because it was a boring typical name) but it would probably be OK for her to eat.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 3

The other day, Ree did a make ahead buncha treats for a party she was having.  She forgot that her schedule was so full (!!!) when she made the commitment -- just in case you think she lollygags around the ranch all the time.  I just about had a conniption over her "love" word.  I swear she uses it every three minutes.  "Oooo, the girls are gonna LOVE this honeydew spritzer!"  "Paige is gonna LOVE this broccolini!"  "This is Ladd's favorite chocolate pie.  He's gonna LOVE it!"  "Wait'll Bryce sees this mac and cheese.  He LOVES when I make it!"  "Chuck LOVES this cherry lemonade!"  "You hafta make this -- you'll LOVE it!" 

Uhhh, quitcha braggin', Mrs. Drummond!  Jist stand there and stir.  Give us two blessed minutes of sweet silence.  Look at the beautiful colors in that pot and think about your to-do list.  Think about your goals in life.  Mmmm, how nice. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

BTW, a dinner with huge chunks of veggies and meat with vomit-inducing toppings isn't exactly a kid-friendly meal.  By the time the parents had the food cut up in to small enough pieces, it would be cold and gross.

Poor Taos and Rowdy. I forgot the older girl's name (probably because it was a boring typical name) but it would probably be OK for her to eat.

It wasn’t enough for everyone either. Josh could probably eat all six skewers. It really wasn’t much food. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Didn't Ree used to have kitchen drawers or bins filled with dry ingredients or am I thinking about somebody else?

Yes, Charlize, that was Ree.  She pulled out her "bins" and thought it was cute when she said that she used to find kids' toys in with the flour!  YUCK!!!  Remind me not to have tea with Ree.  Her poor pastor and his wife!  They probably watch her show, then steel themselves for a knock on the door.  It will be Ree with her orange rolls or her hot cross buns, wishing them a Happy Good Friday, and they probably ditch the trash as soon as she leaves.  They know that there have been slobbery toys all over that flour.  Pray for them, friends....PRAY!

• Love 4

I cringed when I watched that 4th of July episode. With all the fireworks that they set off, I would be worried that they could be setting that very dry grass on fire.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Sweet baby Jesus, just reading the names makes me nauseated.  She has totally gone off the rails.

I think the zucchini waffles were the worst. I like zucchini bread. I like waffles. I do not want to see vits of green zucchini in my waffles. And that concoction of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and maple syrup she poured over them. It was horrible.

• Love 2

I swear that this has now turned into some kind of evil internal game - come up with the most horrendous combinations of foods and flavors, prepare them cheerfully on TV as though these are really something that humans would actually eat, and then see how many of her sycophants gush over how wonderful they look and taste. 

Har, har, har, fooled you!

• Love 3

Ick ... I have seen that hamburger base (sans BBQ sauce, thank you very much) numerous times in recipes for "cheeseburger soup" or "cheeseburger" casserole.  The most insane part was the cubed up and toasted buns as croutons. 

Again, all of this is w-a-a-y too much fuss and nonsense for a frickin' SALAD.

And ... the menfolk still aren't gonna eat it because it has green (red and purple) stuff in it! 

I think that what's going on is Ree is Ree-alizing that she is no longer Ree-le-vant with her style of cooking. I can see her trolling food blogs and trying desperately to spin the latest food trends into something that is still semi-compatible with her limited style of flavors, techniques and "culinary POV."

Speaking of "semi," not even Aunt Sandy could come up with some of those concoctions. SMH

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Ick ... I have seen that hamburger base (sans BBQ sauce, thank you very much) numerous times in recipes for "cheeseburger soup" or "cheeseburger" casserole.  The most insane part was the cubed up and toasted buns as croutons. 

Again, all of this is w-a-a-y too much fuss and nonsense for a frickin' SALAD.

And ... the menfolk still aren't gonna eat it because it has green (red and purple) stuff in it! 

I think that what's going on is Ree is Ree-alizing that she is no longer Ree-le-vant with her style of cooking. I can see her trolling food blogs and trying desperately to spin the latest food trends into something that is still semi-compatible with her limited style of flavors, techniques and "culinary POV."

Speaking of "semi," not even Aunt Sandy could come up with some of those concoctions. SMH

Oh, yes. The. uns as croutons. I doubt she really had to split the buns. They probably committed hari kari when they heard what was going to happen to them.

I do have an idea for a "mashup" series. If she actually eats all that butter-soaked crap she cooks. I could see her on a show called "My 600 Pound Life on the Ranch."

• Love 3

I think this show goes down as my least favorite (food wise) of all of Ree's shows.  It absolutely reeked of desperation.  Did you notice how often she exclaimed about something being wonderful or delicious or tempting?  She really sells that crap she's making, as if she thinks (or knows) that her audience is a buncha dimwits who'll believe anything. 

There's really nothing wrong with a zucchini waffle.  It tastes like zucchini bread and is a good way to get vegetable fiber into the kids.  But then, she takes it too far, per usual, by adding essentially frosting on the waffles. That would be so cloyingly sweet that it would make some people vomit.  And those poor kids act like trained seals, smiling broadly while perusing their plates and praising Mama's cooking as "looking great."

Ree is treading on thin ice.  Her recipes have become predictable and repetitious.  I, for one, am sick to death of her constant grin showing every capped tooth in her mouth.  She's taken smiling lessons from Giada, I suspect.  As viewers, we deserve someone better, someone who doesn't pretend to be a silly teenager who has her own cooking show and fools around making up recipes.  With Ree in their lineup, they've become the Junk Food Network.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Lura said:

As viewers, we deserve someone better, someone who doesn't pretend to be a silly teenager who has her own cooking show and fools around making up recipes.

I realize there haven't been a large number of episodes (yet) but I am hooked on Baked in Vermont.  Not only are her recipes doable, she gives actual measurements (no bunchas) and I have actually learned several tips from her.  Plus I like her personality.

Of course, a trained seal is more personable than Ree so I guess it's a low bar.

• Love 6
(edited)

HAPPY 4th OF JULY, GANG!!!  I suppose Ree has been busy on the ranch with the annual Drummond celebration of the 4th, and Ree has made her sickeningly sweet peach cobblers.  While I can't speak for anyone else here, the idea of fuzzy peach skins floating around in my sauce is enough to keep me from having seconds.  Come to think of it, I'd avoid the first round as well.  Why doesn't she peel her peaches?  Because she doesn't want to.  Take it or leave it.

Not content with the goopy sweet syrup and the yummy fuzzy peach skins, Ree has to finish the topping with her special sweet crumble of sugar, flour and butter, emphasis on the sugar.  I half expected her to gild the lily with a zigzag pattern of drizzled white icing, but she must have been in a rush.  She left her telltale signature zigzag off.  Thank God for small favors.  Pass the lemonade, please.  We need something tart before we gag.  And a Happy 4th to all you poor Pawtuskans who are suffering from sugar overload! Cheer up.  The 4th only comes once a year!  Shoot off another one, Ladd!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, yuck.  Hairy peach cobbler?  Disgusting. How lazy can you get.

Yuck! Peeling peaches isn't that hard. I peeked some earlier for peach shortcake. I made shrimp creole for the main course. 

Happy 4th to all.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

Yuck! Peeling peaches isn't that hard. I peeked some earlier for peach shortcake. I made shrimp creole for the main course. 

Happy 4th to all.

Ouch.  Get that peeler away from me!

• Love 1
(edited)

HORRORS!!!  I just saw Ree's sleepover with her four kids and Missy's two.  The food she made had me sick!  Chicken fingers rolled in flour with BIG globs of flour in it.  She said that after they're fried, there's nothing like eating those big, crispy fried flour balls.  They came out of the fryer half naked.  There were big, gloppy fried flour balls and big areas where the flour hadn't adhered to the skin. 

Her "snack mix" was a disgrace.  She took a big bowl and filled it full of Rice Chex and other dried stuff, then poured TWO JARS of marshmallow cream over all of it and tried to mix it.  It was stiff and took forever.  THEN, she poured melted chocolate over the mess and re-stirred it for another hour, trying to get it together.  It was one, sticky glob of sweetness.  With great effort, she shoved the glob into a plastic bag.  By then, even God was getting angry.  She took a box of confectioner's sugar and POURED IT into the bag on top of all the glop, sealed the bag. and shook it for dear life!  AARGH!  Everything in the bag turned white, even the globs of chocolate.  She pounded this disaster out onto a sheet tray, added a few pretzels, and took the mess upstairs to the kids.  Of course, SHE hung around to dig in herself, exclaiming that this was just about her favorite snack and that she makes it every Christmas.  She claims that the kids love it, too.

Of course, they love it.  She starves them for a week before she makes some of these failures so they'll be ravenous and dig right in, no matter what it is.  This woman is certifiably CRAZY!  As she was mixing up this "snack," she said the kids think it's so much fun.  I thought, "Yeah, Ree.  Look who's having the fun!  YOU ARE.  The poor kids have to eat it."  In truth, they probably barfed over all of her beds, but production cut it out.

I don't know how much more of Ree I can tolerate.  It's a good thing Ladd was supposedly out of town for this episode.  He might have throttled her.  I hope he's home for the next round of nonsense.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 7
(edited)

Dear god, Lura! Your descriptive prowess is winning all the internets today. Your post reminded me of those horrific traffic safety videos we had to watch in drivers ed. in high school.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 6

That was a spot-on description, Lura!  

My teeth were aching just reading it.I vaguely remember that episode because we talked about how much fun Ree (well, Ree's housekeepers) would have cleaning all of that chocolate and powdered sugar out of the bedding and carpet. 

I've seen Ree demonstrate the double-dip flour glop technique before.  And, my response has always been, "Why, God? Why?" 

IMO, a sleepover with four kids just begs for carry-in pizza. Oh, I forgot, they are out in the "middle of nowhere.*" Well, then, I am sure Ree has her handy stash of frozen pizza dough on call and can whip up cowboy and cowgirl pizzas. 

*Maybe that's why Ladd is opening up his own pizza joint?  Also, it's not that far and I am sure that the pizza delivery person gets a hefty tip (preferably automatically built-in to the credit card charge.) 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lura said:

HORRORS!!!  I just saw Ree's sleepover with her four kids and Missy's two.  The food she made had me sick!  Chicken fingers rolled in flour with BIG globs of flour in it.  She said that after they're fried, there's nothing like eating those big, crispy fried flour balls.  They came out of the fryer half naked.  There were big, gloppy fried flour balls and big areas where the flour hadn't adhered to the skin. 

Her "snack mix" was a disgrace.  She took a big bowl and filled it full of Rice Chex and other dried stuff, then poured TWO JARS of marshmallow cream over all of it and tried to mix it.  It was stiff and took forever.  THEN, she poured melted chocolate over the mess and re-stirred it for another hour, trying to get it together.  It was one, sticky glob of sweetness.  With great effort, she shoved the glob into a plastic bag.  By then, even God was getting angry.  She took a box of confectioner's sugar and POURED IT into the bag on top of all the glop, sealed the bag. and shook it for dear life!  AARGH!  Everything in the bag turned white, even the globs of chocolate.  She pounded this disaster out onto a sheet tray, added a few pretzels, and took the mess upstairs to the kids.  Of course, SHE hung around to dig in herself, exclaiming that this was just about her favorite snack and that she makes it every Christmas.  She claims that the kids love it, too.

Of course, they love it.  She starves them for a week before she makes some of these failures so they'll be ravenous and dig right in, no matter what it is.  This woman is certifiably CRAZY!  As she was mixing up this "snack," she said the kids think it's so much fun.  I thought, "Yeah, Ree.  Look who's having the fun!  YOU ARE.  The poor kids have to eat it."  In truth, they probably barfed over all of her beds, but production cut it out.

I don't know how much more of Ree I can tolerate.  It's a good thing Ladd was supposedly out of town for this episode.  He might have throttled her.  I hope he's home for the next round of nonsense.

I think I'm going to hurl.  That has to be the worst concoction she's ever made. Those poor kids. You're probably right about her starving them in preparation for the show. 

I missed today's mess on a plate. I picked 10 pounds of blueberries this morning and was recovering from the awful heat and humidity. I probably would have really hurled if I'd seen her making that crap.

l

• Love 2

Just caught the newest episode and would like to know what in the everloving FUCK is jalapeño berry lemonade???    And how many lemons would it take to get 6 cups of juice?   I really just can’t with her

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Just caught the newest episode and would like to know what in the everloving FUCK is jalapeño berry lemonade???    And how many lemons would it take to get 6 cups of juice?   I really just can’t with her

So she didn't mention how many lemons? I find her unwatchable, so never watch her shows. I can usually get 1/4 cup of lemon juice from 2 juicy lemons, so that would be 48 lemons. That's a lot of juicing!

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I can usually get 1/4 cup of lemon juice from 2 juicy lemons, so that would be 48 lemons. That's a lot of juicing!

She wouldn't say how many lemons because that would mean she actually does squeeze a whole buncha them.  Dollars to donuts she buys bottled stuff and passes it off as fresh.

• Love 1

I didn't watch. I'm sure Ree said, "I just squeezed a whole buncha lemons."  

I cannot even being to wrap my head around jalapeno lemonade.  That sounds even more WTF than those humongous messy milkshakes.

AFAIC, that's finally jumping the shark.

I'm with chessiegal. I've stopped watching entirely. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I'm with chessiegal. I've stopped watching entirely. 

Ditto.  She just reaching into a cupboard while blindfolded and mixing random ingredients together.  I don't need to see that.

There no forum for it yet but if you haven’t caught ‘Girl Meets Farm’ you should try it. She’s the anti-pioneer woman.a joy to watch and I’ve actually learned a few things. 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, CharlizeCat said:

The All-American Cheeseburger Gummy Bears No-Knead Carrot Pudding Slaw … Who ordered that as a last meal before execution by firing squad?

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Lura said:

Her "snack mix" was a disgrace. She took a big bowl and filled it full of Rice Chex and other dried stuff, then poured TWO JARS of marshmallow cream over all of it and tried to mix it.  It was stiff and took forever.  THEN, she poured melted chocolate over the mess and re-stirred it for another hour, trying to get it together.  It was one, sticky glob of sweetness.  With great effort, she shoved the glob into a plastic bag.  By then, even God was getting angry.  She took a box of confectioner's sugar and POURED IT into the bag on top of all the glop, sealed the bag. and shook it for dear life!  AARGH!  Everything in the bag turned white, even the globs of chocolate.  She pounded this disaster out onto a sheet tray, added a few pretzels, and took the mess upstairs to the kids.  Of course, SHE hung around to dig in herself, exclaiming that this was just about her favorite snack and that she makes it every Christmas.  She claims that the kids love it, too.

Was she trying to make her convoluted version of Puppy Chow?

Why use marshmallow cream when melted marshmallows are easier to fold into dry ingredients? Original recipe Rice Krispy Treats ... Duhh!

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, tabloidlover said:

Just caught the newest episode and would like to know what in the everloving FUCK is jalapeño berry lemonade???  

Sounds like a poisonous veg/fruit infusion that strips the enamel off your teeth -- Not that Ree has anything to worry about with those capped Chiclets in her All-American Cheeseburger Gummy Bears No-Knead Carrot Pudding Slaw hole.

Did I read somewhere in this forum that Ree doesn't peel peaches for pies and whatnot?

How hard is it to peel a peach? Boil water, fill a bowl with iced water, cut an X into the skin, drop peach in boiling water, remove peach from boiling water and shock in in ice bath. Peel.

I'll pray for ya', Ree. You lazy, unoriginal, incompetent hack.

• Love 5

How hard is it to peel a peach? Boil water, fill a bowl with iced water, cut an X into the skin, drop peach in boiling water, remove peach from boiling water and shock in in ice bath. Peel.

That's awesome! How did I not know that since I do it with tomatoes? Thanks CS!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

The All-American Cheeseburger Gummy Bears No-Knead Carrot Pudding Slaw … Who ordered that as a last meal before execution by firing squad?

One bite of that and you'd be praying for death before even swallowing.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

One bite of that and you'd be praying for death before even swallowing.

Sadly, I could see Ree making that dreadful concoction while praising it's amazingness and smiling that creepy smile as she sat it on the table for the cowboys to eat.

• Love 3

I just saw the jalapeno berry lemonade.  I honestly can't think of anything more disgusting sounding and it seems counter-intuitive. Instead of quenching the thirst, I'd think that the heat of the jalapeno would make them even more thirsty. I know the overall amount was diluted by the bunch lemon juice, water and ice, but still ... 

Then there was that disgusting cherry pepper mayo. Yeah. I'll bet there were no takers on that and Ree is welcome to take it back home after it has been sitting out in the sweltering heat to "eat it all herself during the rest of the week." Go right ahead and we'll see ya in the Pawhuska E.R. with food poisoning. Actually, a taste of her own medicine (literally) might be a much-needed lesson learned. 

The entire meal had some type of chili or pepper in it.

I didn't recognize Bryce. He's lost all of that husky boy baby fat and has shot up like a weed. He's actually not a bad-looking young man. I still think those boys act like surly entitled brats, though.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I just saw the jalapeno berry lemonade.  I honestly can't think of anything more disgusting sounding and it seems counter-intuitive. Instead of quenching the thirst, I'd think that the heat of the jalapeno would make them even more thirsty. I know the overall amount was diluted by the bunch  BUNCHA   lemon juice, water and ice, but still ... 

Fixed it for you - using "Ree speak"

The problem with the recent shows is there hasn't, in quite awhile now, been one thing I'm tempted to try myself.  She used to at least have a few recipes or dishes that looked interesting with just a few tweaks, usually bringing the spices down to a reasonable amount and ditching many of the unnecessary "buncha" add ins and toppings, her older cookbooks reflect this.  Her current recipes though seem to be getting wilder - not more creative just wilder - like she took a suggestion to add to or update them as a personal challenge to add in the most ingredients she could think of.  That or they're completely impracticable (see also her current obsession pre-prepping meals and taking up huge amounts of fridge/freezer space storing them on a sheet pan).

Also I'd love to see what the cowboys really eat on the range when it's not filming day - suspect they brown bag bologna sandwiches, a bag of Lay's chips and store bought iced tea or more likely jugs of water with, if lucky, a few lemon slices tossed in

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Her current recipes though seem to be getting wilder

I have said it before and I'll say it again - it's like she reaches into a cupboard blindfolded and grabs 5 items - then uses them in whatever she's making even if they don't go together.  Like that horrible spicy lemonade.  

• Love 3

I watched some recorded show yesterday, and Todd was years younger, and Ree's hair was dark brown.  She actually looked semi-attractive!  I couldn't believe it!  But ... today, when she was back to her cookie baking for half the town of Pawtuska, her hair was back to bright orange, and it was spray netted so heavily that the hairs separated, and it clung to her forehead like glue.  So much for semi-attractive.

I couldn't agree with sigmaforce more.  Not only have Ree's recipes changed, but her demeanor has as well.  "Crazier" is the operative word.  The other day she kept punning until she finally excused herself for being in "that kind of mood."  She seems to be filming in two acts: the "I'm so beautiful" act or the "wild and crazy" act.  I think the latter comes about when she's finally gotten some sex, or maybe she just wants us to think that.   (She did refer to Ladd as being "brawny" on the same show.)

I got a giggle out of Ree's attire today, though.  She wore a blue top and with her bright orange hair, she wore red/orange hoop earrings!  There should have been circus music in the background.  Whee!  Color as only Ree would wear!

• Love 2
(edited)

Caught a rerun from last year where she was making "watermelon pizza" with some family members. It looked disgusting and just seemed really silly, to be honest. The kind of thing you start doing when you are running out of ideas.

Edited by WritinMan
  • Love 3