Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And here's the response I got directly from SilverStormm.  I asked about the possibility of a review as this was an active forum and about creating new topics.

A review may be requested but the likelihood is that it will stay as it is unless we missed something. That isn't the case here; the reality is 99.9% of discussion took place within only 2 topics, therefore, moving to a single topic was a logical choice.

If a forum has been condensed to a single topic no further topics will be permitted for that show. The new topic creation function is for topics for other shows.

I call BS on this explanation. If they are trying to ruin a good site to discuss TV shows and reduce traffic, they're doing a damn good job. I can't even find a thread for Frasier today.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I call BS on this explanation. If they are trying to ruin a good site to discuss TV shows and reduce traffic, they're doing a damn good job. I can't even find a thread for Frasier today.

Go to the F topic, you will see the F vault. It's in there. I just posted.

Edited by peacheslatour
4 hours ago, Mandolia said:

I find the logic slightly skewed and the number-crunching (percentage) a bit off as clearly it was an active forum.  All rather odd.   And it will create knotted knitting in terms of one "page" for comments which inevitably aren't/won't be inter-related.  Not sure I can be bothered to continue.  Which is a shame, as I have really enjoyed my short time within the PW thread: very amusing , entertaining AND enlightening exchanges. And, most importantly, some lovely people contributing!

Please stay. I so enjoy your posts and your view of a US cooking show. I've been to London twice, first time in 2016, then again in 2017. I enjoyed the FN UK channel. I enjoy Jamie Oliver. Nigella Lawson has a show on our PBS stations, and I'm wondering how people in the UK view her. We're planning on going back to London this September.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 7

I agree with chessiegal. I hope that nobody leaves this forum.  It's just another transition phase. We got through the migration from TWoP to here, so we can get through a reorganization!

Part of the problem with the previous forum was that Ree-diculous more or less stopped producing new content for shows. The shows were either ree-peats or mash-up segments from shows we'd already seen.  There really wasn't much to discuss in the program thread.  IF there was a new show, the recipes were so similar to her others, that again, there was nothing much to talk about.

Hang in there, mates!

• Love 5

I thought it was odd her holidays shows this year were just clips from prior seasons.   I also noticed her becoming more of a FN "personality" in the last year, as in popping up on Food Network Star, The Kitchen, judging the cookie show, etc.   She used to be like Trisha and pretty much just doing her own show, rarely doing the FN celebrity rounds (exceptions like the awesomely disastrous Thanksgiving Live notwithstanding).   With her kids getting older and The Merc done, I guess she doesn't have much to build her shows around and is forced to stoop to schlepping from FN show to FN show like the other stars to keep relevant.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Please stay. I so enjoy your posts and your view of a US cooking show. I've been to London twice, first time in 2016, then again in 2017. I enjoyed the FN UK channel. I enjoy Jamie Oliver. Nigella Lawson has a show on our PBS stations, and I'm wondering how people in the UK view her. We're planning on going back to London this September.

Sweet of you to say that, Chessiegal -thank you!  My "retirement" from commenting has been put on the back burner, at a slow simmer!!

The FN UK channel is quite a mishmash of progs both UK-based and also (which is how I first encountered both Ina and PW) shows from the States.  And there are a lot of repeats and only the vaguest chance that you get to see things in the proper sequence; with something like Diners, Drive Ins & Dives (which comes on for hours on Sunday afternoons here), that doesn't matter a jot.  Jamie Oliver can be really good - his 15 minute meals, in particular, tho' it takes A Real Person in A Normal Kitchen a bit longer to achieve what he does within the time, unless you spend more than a moment or two assembling everything before the stopwatch countdown begins.

Nigella (like Delia Smith, she's become known just by her first name) is one of those people who is either loved or loathed, with no grey area in between.  She has become a slight caricature of herself on the BBC shows she does - perhaps it's by design?  But I love her books: she writes so beautifully and the chatty narrative prefacing a recipe is informative and interesting.  Main plus is she freely admits that she's not a chef or a trained cook, and simply loves to eat (which is rather refreshing!).  Equally refreshing is her admission that her recipes are her take on something familiar...huge mutterings when she added a slug of vermouth to spaghetti carbonara was one instance of "purists" getting hot under the collar (silly people: taking pasta, eggs, bacon & cheese so seriously).  

I don't know whether you are able to access BBC progs generally on the PBS stations?  I love any programme that features Rick Stein.  He has done loads of wonderful travelogue series, all over the world, inc India (where the difference in food because of culture, climate & therefore ingredients, etc differs vastly from the north of the subcontinent right town to the southern-most point) and also the US.   His "Venice to Istanbul" food adventure was so interesting - a bit of history, lots of food and altogether really engaging.  He is articulate and has such an infectious enthusiasm for all that he encounters but isn't afraid to pull a face at something ghastly.  And when he creates his own version of something it's not terrifyingly complicated and one does think I could do that (in fairness to Jamie Oliver and others, they have done travelogue-type programmes as well which have been interesting, BUT Rick Stein is my favourite because of the rather endearing quality he brings to the screen...as well as the food!).

How lovely to have your September trip to London to look forward to.  There is so much to do and see. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I agree with chessiegal. I hope that nobody leaves this forum.  It's just another transition phase. We got through the migration from TWoP to here, so we can get through a reorganization!

Part of the problem with the previous forum was that Ree-diculous more or less stopped producing new content for shows. The shows were either ree-peats or mash-up segments from shows we'd already seen.  There really wasn't much to discuss in the program thread.  IF there was a new show, the recipes were so similar to her others, that again, there was nothing much to talk about.

Hang in there, mates!

You're right, of course!  There is very little "new" - ree-peats of ree-peats and ree-hashes of things seen before.  And, on the odd occasion that a new episode pops up here in the UK, it's either PW's Best Bits (?) or another way of throwing together the same old, same old ingredients and the end result is only vaguely dissimilar to what has been cooked up by the rancher's wife at least one hundred times before.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:51 AM, Mandolia said:

Sweet of you to say that, Chessiegal -thank you!  My "retirement" from commenting has been put on the back burner, at a slow simmer!!

The site reconfiguration is confusing. I hadn't watched PW for weeks, Sorting through my DVR I found mostly repeats or retreaded old programs -- Don't have to watch that dreck again.

The FN UK channel is quite a mishmash of progs both UK-based and also (which is how I first encountered both Ina and PW) shows from the States.  And there are a lot of repeats and only the vaguest chance that you get to see things in the proper sequence; with something like Diners, Drive Ins & Dives (which comes on for hours on Sunday afternoons here), that doesn't matter a jot.  Jamie Oliver can be really good - his 15 minute meals, in particular, tho' it takes A Real Person in A Normal Kitchen a bit longer to achieve what he does within the time, unless you spend more than a moment or two assembling everything before the stopwatch countdown begins.

I scanned the FN UK schedule and saw Jamie Oliver programs -- I've been a fan of his food mission and cookbooks for a long time. I saw him at a book promotion where he made appetizers and a salad -- He was exuberant and charming, and the food was simple and delicious. I really admire his school dinner campaign, and ABC used to broadcast Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, a program about reforming US school lunch programs, fighting childhood obesity and changing eating habits with delicious, easy to prepare meals.

Our local school district has a Mother's Campaign, inspired to change the lunch program to healthier food options for all students because of Jamie Oliver's work. They use locally grown produce and whole grains cooked at the school, got rid of 4 of 10 pop machines, and had water and juice take up half of the pop offerings, extended Physical Education classes for all ages with dance and yoga, and Health/Home Economics course curriculums changed to add more class time on nutrition.

Nigella (like Delia Smith, she's become known just by her first name) is one of those people who is either loved or loathed, with no grey area in between.  She has become a slight caricature of herself on the BBC shows she does - perhaps it's by design?  But I love her books: she writes so beautifully and the chatty narrative prefacing a recipe is informative and interesting.  Main plus is she freely admits that she's not a chef or a trained cook, and simply loves to eat (which is rather refreshing!).  Equally refreshing is her admission that her recipes are her take on something familiar...huge mutterings when she added a slug of vermouth to spaghetti carbonara was one instance of "purists" getting hot under the collar (silly people: taking pasta, eggs, bacon & cheese so seriously). 

I like her cookbooks and don't have a problem with taking a classic recipe and changing it for the better, but it's hit or miss for me with Nigella's programs. She has a show broadcasting on PBS, Nigella: at My Table. Her knife skills have actually deteriorated, and it's handful this, pinch of that, abusing beautifully whipped egg whites, teaspoon measures that are either heaping or half full … Everything she tells you not to do, in order to make a successful recipe, she's demonstrating on Show. She's chatty and self-deprecating, so she get's ahead of her critics -- Gaaa! I want to love everything she doing because it's beautifully photographed and presented, looking so luxurious, but Nigella exhausts me with her imprecision. Sometimes I think her carelessness is calculation to show the viewer "See, I'm a bit haphazard, but I made this gorgeous Pavlova with berries. And so can you!" 

I don't know whether you are able to access BBC progs generally on the PBS stations?  I love any programme that features Rick Stein.  He has done loads of wonderful travelogue series, all over the world, inc India (where the difference in food because of culture, climate & therefore ingredients, etc differs vastly from the north of the subcontinent right town to the southern-most point) and also the US.   His "Venice to Istanbul" food adventure was so interesting - a bit of history, lots of food and altogether really engaging.  He is articulate and has such an infectious enthusiasm for all that he encounters but isn't afraid to pull a face at something ghastly.  And when he creates his own version of something it's not terrifyingly complicated and one does think I could do that.  (in fairness to Jamie Oliver and others, they have done travelogue-type programmes as well which have been interesting, BUT Rick Stein is my favourite because of the rather endearing quality he brings to the screen...as well as the food!).

I've enjoyed his India travel shows -- I watch a lot of street food videos on YouTube, and India looks like an amazing place to visit! -- and use recipes from Rick Stein's Spanish recipe book. We receive BBC 1, 2, 4 on satellite. BBC 3 comes in only on occasion. The nature and travel programming is stellar, some of the comedies are very funny and skewed in a way I appreciate. BBC News is simply the best news broadcasting there is; their reach is world wide and they show the viewer the news more than they tell -- And their diction is impeccable. 

; )

How lovely to have your September trip to London to look forward to.  There is so much to do and see. 

London in September sounds delightful, chessiegal. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

London in September sounds delightful, chessiegal. 

We've taken the Queen Mary 2 across the pond the last 3 years., I hate to fly, so this gets me to Europe without jet lag. My husband wants to go to Spain this year, and we're taking Rick Steves advice of not going south of the Alps in summer. We have friends who moved to London 2 years ago, and are looking forward to visiting with them.

• Love 3

Thanks for the heads up about Nigella's show. I checked and my local PBS station carries it on Sundays. I like Nigella. I was introduced when Food Network offered "Express," a L-O-N-G time ago. I had mostly read negative things about Nigella, so I expected this bosomy air-head and a show along the lines of I guess, "Pioneer Woman" or one of the celebrity star shows. I was pleasantly surprised.  I watched all of the shows on FN and The Cooking Channel until the repeats ran into the ground. I enjoy Nigella's writing style and she also has a way with the spoken word. 

I rather liked her messy pantry and slap-dash approach to measuring, etc. I really didn't think she was purposely trying to "dumb herself down." I think it was more of trying to convey that she was a working mother with kids and that she (and the viewer) could make great tasting meals without having to go overboard on the preparation. 

I kind of got lost with her with the Italian series. I didn't enjoy that as much and was completely disappointed by her on "The Taste," which was a terrible enough show, but her performance as a coach was pretty bad. 

I will give the new series a watch and see if it something that I would like to continue following. Heaven knows, there is little else satisfactory on in the way of instructive cooking shows.

The Google Fiber BBC only has a news show and another station that shows repeats of American programs ??? 

Netflix only offers GBBO, which I have grown quite fond of. 

• Love 4

Still getting used to the new format, but... still here to snark about PW.   Today was new show about healthy-ish dishes.  The burgers are a NO as I don't like mushrooms enough to use portabello caps as a burger bun.  The only thing I perked up at was the "ice cream" she made with frozen fruit, greek yogurt and a little cream.  I could see myself making that as a light substitute for real ice cream.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Still getting used to the new format, but...

The good news is that this is only temporary.  The projection is another month or so and we'll have our customized home page back.  Not happy about this being downgraded but as others have said, she's pretty much recycling things she's already done umpteen times.

I'm not sure you can call a big old slab of burger particularly healthy no matter what you wrap around it!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The good news is that this is only temporary.  The projection is another month or so and we'll have our customized home page back.  Not happy about this being downgraded but as others have said, she's pretty much recycling things she's already done umpteen times.

I'm not sure you can call a big old slab of burger particularly healthy no matter what you wrap around it!

I have seen Ina grill a portabello , I think and use that as the burger rather than the bun.

I saw that episode and wondered how you'd hold/eat that. The portabellos looked rather slimy.  And, yeah ... I had always heard to use the portabello was the substitute for the actual meat.  I already forgot what else Ree made.  I really didn't care for her smug attitude about food choices and healthy eating. I get that she was trying to say that it makes more sense and is easier to stick to a plan that introduced small gradual changes instead of immediate deprivation. It was just her borderline disdainful way of expressing herself. 

I watched some random cold case show on Oxygen last evening that was set in Pawhuska/Osage County.  There were some quick shots of the downtown, which looked pretty old and bleak. It also looked a lot more "rural" than what Ree portrays. Even though she says she is "out in the middle of nowhere," the parts of the town she shows look more contemporary.  Grim story. The police detective and D.A. seemed like nice people and not total rubes as you might think.  Nor did they come across as the hard-core "dicks."

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I had always heard to use the portabello was the substitute for the actual meat. 

That's what I've always seen as well.  Portabello mushrooms have almost a "meaty" taste.  And in no way could you use them as buns and hope to pick it up.

14 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

It was just her borderline disdainful way of expressing herself. 

She always comes across as though those who don't embrace loads of sugar and fat are just silly.  Because you can - a whole buncha won't hurt you.  Moron.

• Love 3

peacheslatour

My mom used to use a lettuce leaf as a bun.

We also had the lettuce bun, until Mom decided meat/fork was better.  Too many soggy lettuce leaves going in the garbage. 

I see this is the new hang out, and wow, hard to find.  Did everyone have a wonderful PW Christmas with their items/food/show/snark.  My sister in law did buy me a few items.  I love the oval bakers, and have used them every single time.  I also received her bag/casserole dish.  (Am I crazy).

We did make her mash potatoes (with all the butter, cheese, and cream cheese), Dr. Pepper ham, gravy, cinnamon buns, gingerbread cookies, and fruit salad.  (Again, am I crazy.)

My family loved everything of hers I made, also made Ina and Martina (Those peanut butter incredibles are to die for.)  The new shows of course still offer plenty of snark, as well as the old.  I did notice she ate the ice cream, but none of the rest.  To the garbage it went I am sure.  

OMG:  Speaking of other TV shows of Pawhuska/Osage County.  America in Color on Smithsonian Channel talked about how the Indians being moved to Osage County in the late 1800's.  They Struck oil in the early 20's to 30's, and rented the land back to the government.  These became the wealthiest Indians, bought buildings, planes, and more land.  Hmmm, wonder how much land the Drummonds brought from them.  

Todd and Bryce are so tall, and growing handsome by the day.  Poor Paige and Alex are going to favor their Mom look wise.  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Bessiesue said:

America in Color on Smithsonian Channel talked about how the Indians being moved to Osage County in the late 1800's.  They Struck oil in the early 20's to 30's, and rented the land back to the government.  These became the wealthiest Indians, bought buildings, planes, and more land.  Hmmm, wonder how much land the Drummonds brought from them.  

Killers of the Flower Moon talks about how the systematic murders of the Osage Indians and multiple layers of corruption and deception by whites in that area all the way up to the Federal level.  One wonders if the Drummonds came by that land legally or if their ancestors were involved.  It wasn't that long ago, in the 1920's.

Glad you enjoyed her recipes.  I wouldn't touch one if someone paid me to do it.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Killers of the Flower Moon talks about how the systematic murders of the Osage Indians and multiple layers of corruption and deception by whites in that area all the way up to the Federal level.  One wonders if the Drummonds came by that land legally or if their ancestors were involved.  It wasn't that long ago, in the 1920's.

Glad you enjoyed her recipes.  I wouldn't touch one if someone paid me to do it.

I make her Key Lime Pie because it was the first recipe I found for it before I ever watched her show. Of course I modify it to the point that she probably wouldn't recognize it.

• Love 2

I hate Ree's recipes, too. The only one I tried was the sour cream hamburger noodle bake thing because it reminded me of a recipe my mom made when I was growing up. (I hated her version, too.) It was gross and bland. The ONE time when some sriracha or ubiquitous pepper jack cheese would have helped, it's mysteriously missing. I don't know why I wasted my time and money. 

For FN hosts, I stick to Ina and Giada (and formerly) Nigella. 

• Love 2

Looks like we lost "Baked in Vermont" and "Girl Meets Farm," in the reorganization.

I haven't heard if BiV got picked up for a third season. I don't care either way about GMF.  The "sprinkles" novelty has worn off for me. However, I was super impressed to see Molly make perfect pita bread from scratch the other day. Even most of the seasoned bakers on GBBO couldn't handled that challenge!

So if Gesine's show gets renewed (which I am beginning to sadly doubt) do we discuss it here?

• Love 1

So if Gesine's show gets renewed (which I am beginning to sadly doubt) do we discuss it here?

I guess. There really are no guidelines regarding what this thread is supposed to be about, might as well throw small talk in here too.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I haven't heard if BiV got picked up for a third season. I don't care either way about GMF. 

I agree.  Would kill to have BIV back but GMF was kind of blah.  I wanted to like it and I do like her but I agree that the sprinkles things was too much like the buncha hot crap that Ree throws into every dish.  

I got Gesine's autobiography, My Life From Scratch, for Christmas.  VERY interesting and not at all what I expected from viewing the show.  And she throws in recipes along the way sp I recommend it - good reading.

• Love 1

Found ya’s.  Happy new year all. 

Is there NOT a show that involves her or someone driving? 

Turns out as far a Aussie farmers are concerned, Ree is what we call a ”fuk in a truck” Sits in vehicle and is good for shit on the farm for nothing but... well yeah 

who in the hell makes a meal then drives over an hour to have it reeheated by your step mother to celebrate dads retirement, dumb as a sack of rocks as far as story lines go.

and why does a cooking show need a story line, beats the shit outta me. 

I stumbled onto her lasagna recipe years ago, I think the reviews and Rafa fan gurls ratings duped me into it, the damn dog wouldn’t even eat it, lesson learned I should have stuck with the recipe I already had.  I still remember the look on my sons faces when I ruined their favourite mum food.  And I have been a “fan” (lol) ever since.

The best I have seen of her since she turned up on our tv’s here was a baby wiener dog.....awwww a puppy..... then her voice, bamb! I slammed the heck outta that remote to shut that thing up. 

Speaking of cooking, time I got to it!  Later tatters 

Edited by OzzieChick
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OzzieChick said:

Well, they have to beat us over the head with the "we live in the middle of NOWHERE" trope like we'd forget by the next episode.  And she really does come across as good for shit for anything but her so called cooking up atrocities which probably nobody actually eats.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I make her Key Lime Pie because it was the first recipe I found for it before I ever watched her show. Of course I modify it to the point that she probably wouldn't recognize it.

Is that the one she freezes as a whole, or in the individual cups.  We hated the freezer version.

19 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

The only one I tried was the sour cream hamburger noodle bake thing because it reminded me of a recipe my mom made when I was growing up. (I hated her version, too.)

I tried that one as well, and we also hated it.  Most of the FN reviews on the recipe state the same issue, very bland.  One of my co workers has her Mother's recipe, and it follows the same path, but uses spaghetti sauce, and tastes so much better. 

8 hours ago, OzzieChick said:

LOL!  I have not seen BiV or GMF drive around yet.  I think the driving is their way of re-hashing unaired episodes, or recycling old episodes.  

18 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Looks like we lost "Baked in Vermont" and "Girl Meets Farm," in the reorganization.

BiV:  Any show that features their dog as a regular cast member, is a win in our book.  We love that show.  I also love GMF, and she has the only show that I am interested hearing from the husband on the farm work, and family.  

17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I got Gesine's autobiography, My Life From Scratch, for Christmas.  VERY interesting and not at all what I expected from viewing the show.  And she throws in recipes along the way sp I recommend it - good reading.

I have a birthday coming up, and I am going to request that book.  Unlike poor Papa, Ladd or Todd:  I have NOT requested the infamous texas sheet cake, or nutella and strawberries inbetween.  I have requested the milky way cake.  I know it is outrageous, but we love it.  I have been told this is my go to recipe for all the church/work bake sales, and it is always the first to sell.  Sometimes, I wish Missy would have a hissy fit, and have a show or two.  

https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/milky-way-cake-3/

I really miss Amy and Nancy.  

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Bessiesue said:

I have a birthday coming up, and I am going to request that book. 

I haven't finished it but loving it so far.  It's quite a departure from what we see on TV but it a good way.  Love the section where she has a sugar high from eating a whole package of oreos.

She includes this recipe which is one I have made numerous times.  I only do half a recipe in a 5 inch spring-form pan though and only when I have company because they all love it. Otherwise I'd eat the whole thing myself!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/devils-cream-cake-5238220

21 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I haven't heard if BiV got picked up for a third season. I don't care either way about GMF.  The "sprinkles" novelty has worn off for me. However, I was super impressed to see Molly make perfect pita bread from scratch the other day. Even most of the seasoned bakers on GBBO couldn't handled that challenge!

Just as an FYI Baked In Vermont is here and Girl Meets Farm is here

THANK YOU, mishy!  I just looked in the "B" and "G" vaults and didn't see either of these listed. 

TBH, I thought both shows would get the axe. There wasn't that much discussion for either, but happy to see the forums/topics still exist.

• Love 3

It's some type of body type. Another post a l-o-n-g time ago explained it.  It's a type of build of very petite, thin women with seemingly oversized heads. Some other examples besides Giada included Nancy Reagan and Susan Lucci.

• Love 1

Ree’s (and Hyacinth’s) name-dropping of Osage County is so annoying. She started doing that when that Meryl Streep movie came out (that nobody cared about other than it being that year’s Best Way Meryl Streep Showed Up To Work annual Oscar nomination), as if it would make Hollywood go, “OMG Osage County is a real place‽” and come in droves. Like they would’ve had a premiere of the movie there.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Automne said:

Ree’s (and Hyacinth’s) name-dropping of Osage County is so annoying. She started doing that when that Meryl Streep movie came out (that nobody cared about other than it being that year’s Best Way Meryl Streep Showed Up To Work annual Oscar nomination), as if it would make Hollywood go, “OMG Osage County is a real place‽” and come in droves. Like they would’ve had a premiere of the movie there.

Ree's Rubes probably would.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Ree's Rubes probably would.

Ree's Rubes - good one! 

This (s)hero worship is really quite disturbing.  How can people be so easily led around by the nose like that?  It's like all of those sheeple that bought into LuLaNo and are now stuck with zillions of dollars of fugly stuff.  Initially it was selling like hotcakes and I wouldn't use it for rags.  But the brain dead women were told how wonderful it was an snapped it up without apparently ever looking in a mirror.

Same rubes buy Ree's crappy stuff made in China and think it's just fab because they've been told it is.

Grow a brain.

• Love 3

Seriously. I don’t just mindlessly buy something because a celebrity hawks it. If it turns out to be a good product, then sure, but I’m going to do the research first. My first stop is actually checking the equipment reviews on Cook’s Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Automne said:

My first stop is actually checking the equipment reviews on Cook’s Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen. 

Ditto!  I always go their first and have always been satisfied with their recommendations.  I wouldn't own anything from Ree if she sent it to me for free.

• Love 3

When is this show going to officially change its name to "Little Make-Ahead Meals on the Prairie?" That's ALL she does! "I'm making giant batches of soup to keep in the freezer." "I am going to make a casserole and keep it in the fridge for a few days before I heat it up and serve it to my hungry cowboys." I know, it makes sense, given the fact that she lives in the middle of nowhere, but she's not so isolated that she has to wait for the next biplane to take her to the mainland. She and Marlboro Douche have a fleet of filthy trucks at their disposal. I'm sure in a pinch she could ride a tractor into town like George Jones.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Ree's Rubes - good one! 

This (s)hero worship is really quite disturbing.  How can people be so easily led around by the nose like that?  It's like all of those sheeple that bought into LuLaNo and are now stuck with zillions of dollars of fugly stuff.  Initially it was selling like hotcakes and I wouldn't use it for rags.  But the brain dead women were told how wonderful it was an snapped it up without apparently ever looking in a mirror.

Same rubes buy Ree's crappy stuff made in China and think it's just fab because they've been told it is.

Grow a brain.

"Lularoe, the easiest, most expensive way to look twice your age."

• Love 2