Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Hi Jeanne222, and welcome.  I agree that the Drummonds must be enormously wealthy by now, and IMHO they seem to be spending or not spending their money wisely, at least for the purposes of the show.  I recall the episode of Alex's graduation party and the fact that she was hoping for a car as a gift from her parents.  Ree pooh-poohed that idea somewhat disgustedly.  I don't think the kids lack for anything, but the parents don't appear to spoil them.

As for the hostess gift, I think that's a lovely gesture.  I grew up mainly in small town Ohio but also in MA.  In neither locale was that a custom, possibly because people were trying to recover from the war years financially.  They couldn't even bake anything to take because sugar and other staples were rationed.  I don't know whether that was why or not, but it's a nice way of showing your appreciation to the hostess.  Here in CA, I have NEVER seen anyone take a thing, nor have I, although I've often tried to reciprocate a few days later with something homemade similar to Ree's treats, come to think of it!

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Lura said:

I recall the episode of Alex's graduation party and the fact that she was hoping for a car as a gift from her parents. 

Was this the party at that building?  I thought, OMG, what horrid music to play at a grad party (crappy old time country)  good gawd.  What a horrid party for those young kids. blah  ;) 

• Love 3

Just watched the chicken-fried steak slider episode. So she thinks that a two-cup measure is a big time saver, but then uses three teaspoons instead of a tablespoon? And later on four tablespoons instead of a quarter cup? And were there really 14 cups of milk and  buttermilk in that gravy? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, J-Man said:

Just watched the chicken-fried steak slider episode. So she thinks that a two-cup measure is a big time saver, but then uses three teaspoons instead of a tablespoon? And later on four tablespoons instead of a quarter cup? And were there really 14 cups of milk and  buttermilk in that gravy? 

I was only half listening but put my math skills to the test when she started listing the liquid amounts for that gravy - I thought for sure I had added incorrectly - guess not!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, J-Man said:

So she thinks that a two-cup measure is a big time saver, but then uses three teaspoons instead of a tablespoon? And later on four tablespoons instead of a quarter cup?

I don't thinks she's bright enough to know that 3 teaspoons equals a tablespoon or 3 tablespoons equals a quarter cup.  She's a hack cook.

• Love 1

So hard to watch her when she comes on after Ina.   Saw the chicken fried steaks.   

I was upset that the cows were 'going up the road' and nobody cared.  Don't need to know that.  I don't want to see the cows heading for ..   Need to listen to Pink Floyd Animals now.

Then something with hot dogs.  That's when I had to turn it off.  Close ups of hot dogs.  I'm sure she did something to them.   Don't wanna know.

• Love 4

Well, that was a healthy lunch. NOT. It's not like the crew was out in the hot sun threshing acres of wheat by hand.

I literally couldn't hear Ree speak over the sound of all of the grease sizzling.

What I didn't understand was the addition of garlic and rosemary to the vat of oil at the very end of frying the potatoes then admitting that both would burn. Wouldn't the subsequent batches of potatoes pick up the bitter flavor of burned garlic? Yuck. That might have actually called for a legitimate use of garlic salt or some kind of seasoned salt blend to hit the potatoes right out of the oil. I mean, why bother in the first place, if cowboys only like black pepper? /shrug.

So, I didn't really understand what we were supposed to take away from today's show. Every recipe has been made before and more than once. I've seen those cherry pie cookie bars before.

Todd and Bryce are surly little pricks.

I got the impression from Ladd's joking-but-not-joking comments, that maybe Paige was working on the ranch to earn money to buy a car to take to college with her.

Ree desperately needs some bronzer and blusher and contour.  She looked extra ghoulish and washed out today under the harsh lighting.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Sweedish Fish said:

I was upset that the cows were 'going up the road' and nobody cared.  Don't need to know that.  I don't want to see the cows heading for ..   Need to listen to Pink Floyd Animals now.

Swedish Fish, I totally agree.  That's what really bugs me about this stupid show - the animal abuse & killing.  Ree just smiles through it all, doesn't she?  As long as she's in front of the camera doing her stupid "cooking."

• Love 3

I would like to add to my above post.....everyone knows that these animals need to be killed for food.  But, I think Sweedish & I feel like this shipping of the cows should not be celebrated - it should be somber and thought - provoking.  I hope it's ok to speak for you Sweedish, and if I'm out of line, then please let me know.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Tress said:

I would like to add to my above post.....everyone knows that these animals need to be killed for food.  But, I think Sweedish & I feel like this shipping of the cows should not be celebrated - it should be somber and thought - provoking.  I hope it's ok to speak for you Sweedish, and if I'm out of line, then please let me know.

I totally agree. These animals give their lives to feed humans. They deserve respect and reverence. One more reason I don't watch any more, I just like to hang around with you weirdos. ;-)

• Love 4

I couldn't agree more.  I've had the same feelings when I've watched those poor animals being loaded into vans.  Their lives are ending.  Where is the joy in that?

• Love 3

No, Tress not at all.  Thank you.

I know that it's done, but I just don't want to think or know about it.

Or especially eat after I saw that. For a transplanted City Girl, she sure has no qualms about it.  Gah!  You see them as babies.

'You have to be nice and gentle with them during shipping , we get paid by the pound'

Edited by Sweedish Fish
  • Love 2

This giving of a life may be why chefs speak of "honoring the animal," whatever kind, and also using all of the animal they can.  After all, without this animal and others, they'd be out of work. 

• Love 3
On 4/17/2018 at 11:13 AM, Lura said:

As for the hostess gift, I think that's a lovely gesture.  I grew up mainly in small town Ohio but also in MA.  In neither locale was that a custom, possibly because people were trying to recover from the war years financially.  They couldn't even bake anything to take because sugar and other staples were rationed.  I don't know whether that was why or not, but it's a nice way of showing your appreciation to the hostess.  Here in CA, I have NEVER seen anyone take a thing, nor have I, although I've often tried to reciprocate a few days later with something homemade similar to Ree's treats, come to think of it!

From what I've seen on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and of Orange County, bringing a hostess gift is mandatory.

I was raised by wolves, so I didn't learn niceties like that, plus I'm very nonacquisitive.  So I just can't wrap my head around bringing something to someone for no reason other than they wanted my presence.  I figure my presence is enough.  I could be wrong, and they're free to never invite me again.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:24 PM, grisgris said:

The hilarity ensued when Ree talked Ladd into trying to make their own version of lemon-pepper seasoning that Ladd explained he'd been using on steaks, "forever."  The purpose was to "make everything from scratch." To Ladd's crushed peppercorns, Ree added dried lemon zest. Do you think she stopped there? Next was dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and dried mustard. TF?

Aah, from scratch.  I complained waaay upthread about her recipe for Tex Mex enchiladas, which I was actually looking forward to seeing.  She's getting everything together, and at the crucial moment says, "Add a can of enchilada sauce."  TF?  Why is that even on a cooking show?  Even I can put some cheese in a corn tortilla and pour canned enchilada sauce over it.  I wanted a recipe!

And not only that, she didn't even say what brand to use.  I guess because she wasn't getting paid for it?  But come on. 

So fast-forward to today, and I happen to be right near a lime tree and thought, "I should make limeade."  So I looked online for a recipe, and the first one didn't use simple syrup, and the next one said to stir the sugar into the lime juice, like that's ever going to dissolve, so I didn't trust them.  Then I saw a link to good old Ree's cherry limeade, and I thought cherry limeade is kind of country--let's see what she's got.  I briefly wondered if it would have butter in it.

It didn't, but she still didn't let me down.  The first ingredient?  A 2-liter bottle of "lemon-lime soda." 

Now, that's how Sonic makes theirs, but in their case, the end justifies the means.  But for those of us who are wanting to make something special from some limes they scored, along the lines of lemonade from lemons found on a tree, this really doesn't fit the bill or even really qualify as a recipe.

• Love 4

StatisticalOutlier, I'd suggest you go to Google and search "best recipes for limeade made from fresh limes."  I would think they'd have a number of good recipes.  It sounds so good!  I can't get too excited over Ree adding maraschino cherries (and juice?), but the limeade sounds wonderful.  Our limes aren't ready to pick yet.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:06 AM, peacheslatour said:

I've been making home made lemonade for decades. Never had a problem getting the sugar to dissolve. Same with iced tea.

But isn't that why people make simple syrup?  Because the sugar will dissolve in the boiling water? 

The recipe I didn't trust said to stir 2/3 cup of sugar into the juice of 3 limes.  I put a lot less sugar into a lot more liquid in a glass of iced tea and can stir until my hand falls off and the sugar will never completely dissolve.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, Lura said:

Our limes aren't ready to pick yet.

Sadly, it turns out these weren't either.  They looked like limes to me, and definitely smelled like limes, and they looked like the lime equivalent of the lemons I got a bunch of a month or so ago in "free boxes" in people's driveways, but apparently I don't know anything about limes.  I was bummed.

• Love 2

In the South, we stir sugar into the hot tea to dissolve it before we add the water. I’ve never been able to get sugar to dissolve in cold tea. As far as hostess gifts, I was brought up to always take flowers, a bottle of wine or small gift for the hostess when invited to someone’s home for dinner or a party unless it’s someone you entertain/who entertains you on a regular basis. I thought everyone did that. Ha. Guess not. We also always wrote a thank you note afterwards.

• Love 5

I'm surprised to see that hostess gifts aren't universal.  I grew up during the '50s & '60s, & don't recall our family being invited out much -- but if we were, my mother always took something to the hostess, probably homemade baked goods.

Nowadays, when my dad goes to friends' houses for a meal, he usually takes flowers from his yard (beautifully arranged with ferns or other decorative greenery), but only to people he knows well enough to rummage in their cupboards for an appropriate vase so that they won't have to interrupt their meal preparations to deal with flowers -- people are surprised to see lovely homemade bouquets produced by an elderly widower, but he really does have a talent for it.  If he's not well-acquainted with his host, he still takes something as thanks for their hospitality, often baked by me (cookies or mini cupcakes or small loaves of fruit bread, etc.) -- even just lemons & oranges from his backyard trees, or an interesting item from the farmers' market (multi-colored carrots!) are a nice gesture by the guest & actually useful to the host.  By the same token, he's always pleased to receive thank-you notes in the mail from people we've invited to join us for weekend morning coffeecake -- such notes are rare now, since only very old ladies seem to write them, but they are definitely appreciated.

We have a lot of friends who were born in Korea & they wouldn't think of crossing a threshold without offering a gift (even the cousin of a friend's neighbor's brother who came over to help my dad with his TV bowed & presented a box of cookies at the front door).  Their gifts tend to be practical & have run the gamut from frozen chicken gizzards (on sale at Safeway in styrofoam trays vacuum-wrapped with plastic, price tag intact) to Fruit Of The Loom underwear (on sale at Costco with price tag affixed) -- my dad grew up during the depression & he's happy to see that something was a bargain.   It really is the thought that counts so, if someone likes offal or can use new underwear, that's a useful gift & will be appreciated.

• Love 6

We were also taught that the recipient wouldn’t be expected to serve the wine or dessert or whatever you brought. That was for the family. They were expected to display the flowers though but that never seemed to be a problem as everyone had vases and the giver would arrange them for the recipient since that person was always busy with entertaining the guests. Times have really changed and I’m not sure that’s for the better. It seems thoughtfulness, consideration and appreciation have fallen by the wayside in many cases. That makes me sad because we tried to teach these things to our kids and they appear (?) to have carried on these niceties. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

It seems thoughtfulness, consideration and appreciation have fallen by the wayside in many cases.

While it makes me sound like a cranky old woman, I totally agree.  It takes just a minute to write a note (and I still use stationery and a fountain pen - I know, I'm dinsaur) for being invited.  I know the notes are appreciated and it seems so little to send for someone who probably cleaned for a couple of days and then spent time cooking. I do take a small gift of some sort (flowers, a candle) as well.  I am just happy to be invited so I want them to know it.

One thing that my cousin taught her kids (now in their 30's) was that when given a gift they could not use it, play with it, or spend it (if cash) until they wrote a thank you note.  To this day they always do.

• Love 5

I'm old as dirt and always have a hostess gift for a meal or party. And call the next day to thank them. 

However, if it is potluck, as it seems to be more for family these days, I don't. And I normally take large shrimp, cocktail sauce and serve on a bed of arugula and garnish with lemons to make up for not actually cooking much anymore.

• Love 4

No pictures, peacheslatour, but thanks for the compliment -- I'll tell him you said so & he'll appreciate it.  One of our Korean friends is studying Japanese flower arrangement (Ikebana) & she says that my dad has a "true talent".   It does help to be in Calif where everything grows & even the weeds are beautiful.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, fairffaxx said:

No pictures, peacheslatour, but thanks for the compliment -- I'll tell him you said so & he'll appreciate it.  One of our Korean friends is studying Japanese flower arrangement (Ikebana) & she says that my dad has a "true talent".   It does help to be in Calif where everything grows & even the weeds are beautiful.

That's a fact. I am a florist and some of my favorite arrangements involved pods, grasses, branches and ferns (not leather leaf).

• Love 2

I've always wanted to be a talented flower arranger, but I've never done anything about it like taking a class.  How did you learn, Peaches?  I don't think Ree has taken any classes either, judging from her paper flowers jammed into vases!

Your father, Fairfaxx, deserves kudos for his arrangements.  Who doesn't appreciate a bouquet of flowers, beautifully arranged?  I live in CA, too.  Do you think he'd come for dinner?  (Just kidding!) My dad was a mechanical engineer, but he majored in art and was a skilled painter.  I treasure the paintings he did for me and have them on my walls.

• Love 2

I went to Career Floral Institute. 6 months, full time and then on an externship to a very high end floral shop. But if you want to just do it for fun most cities have voc tech or community colleges that have classes. Also I'm sure You Tube has a buncha tutorials. It's a lot of fun and once you learn the mechanics of it you can let the creativity flow!

• Love 1

My reply seems to have disappeared.  Hmmm. (???)

Since I realize now that my question threw us off topic, I'll save my reply for a PM sometime.  Thanks, Peaches.

• Love 1

Arranging flowers is lots of fun! I love to make seasonal wreaths is lots of fun.  I used to do a lot more of it with fresh flowers but not any more. BTW, the cost of silk flowers is off the charts. If you shop carefully, you can find a few decent looking stems at Dollar General, which are fine for small accents. I just do it for fun and never had any formal training. It wouldn't work for me now to train and work somewhere because I can't stand on my feet for long periods of time.

BTW, what does one to with those ginormous single stems that I have seen in the crafts stores? They are a good foot in diameter and cost $50 apiece.

On topic ... I haven't gotten around to watching Saturday's show. I sort of caught the very end and it sounded like Ree was making churros (again) for Ladd and I thought I heard her mention the insanely original and creative idea of adding sriracha to popcorn. I think I will watch "Trading Spaces" instead!

• Love 3

I am dangerously near the point of exhaustion from trying to sleep a couple of hours a night with my head on a pillow on top of my desk because of this big, awful brace on my thrice-broken arm.  I don't know whether I'm coming or going, can't think straight, and shake all the time.  My stomach seems to be permanently upset, and every muscle in my body aches.  I don't know how I'm going to make it to the two-month mark, and the doctor said it might take much longer than that.  Plus, typing with one finger is for the birds!  The slightest move, and the whole arm and shoulder go into a screaming protest.  I feel like I'm 99 and on the way out.

I like making wreaths also, grisgris,, and for the past few years have made my own greeting cards and stationery. There seems to be a lot of creativity on this thread.

Ree has a new episode?  That's news.  It seems like forever since I've watched TV.  There are so many reruns on the FN that finding a new show is like discovering a rare gem!

• Love 2

Lura, no wonder you feel that way what with getting no sleep!  That's awful!  Don't they have you on pain meds?

For what it's worth, if new shows help take your mind off things, Baked in Vermont comes back on Saturday on FN.  At my house (Easter time) it's on at 10:30 in the morning.

• Love 3

The danger of being in bed is doing harm to the arm and shoulder.  My husband is trying to squeeze in a nap right now, and I've decided to join him.  He thinks we can tie or prop the arm on a pillow maybe and keep it secured.  The doctor warned that with a brace (his only option), sleeping would be a problem and suggested a chaise lounge.  We should have gotten one and still can.  My legs, ankles and feet are swollen hugely from being down day and night.  I can hardly walk to the bathroom.  Our family doctor prescribed some diuretics to help pull water out of my body, but after the pill wears off, they swell back up again.  It's a nightmare.

Sorry.  I've always tried to avoid complaining, but I needed some sympathy, I guess.  Bless you, friends.  You gave it.  I really THANK YOU for your concern.  Boy, am I going to be in trouble for being off topic.  Lisin, please forgive me this time.  And cathy, you were nowhere near off topic like I am!  You all are so special.

• Love 5

Lura, I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of that discomfort, pain and interference with your quality of life.

This probably isn't a happy solution but would it be possible for you to go somewhere for the two months for rehab/assisted living? I know it sounds like a sucky alternative but I'm thinking a place like that would most likely have the type of furnishings you need to sit and sleep comfortably, plus, you could get therapy (if you are at the point yet.) As well as you could get medication that is supervised. There would be CNAs, etc., who could check on you to make sure you are sitting properly, etc.  It's just a thought. More and more, places like that are really nice and aren't "nursing homes."  I am actually looking into such a place for myself for when I get my knee(s) replaced.

Another thought is if you had any type of speech-to-text apps that you could use to dictate your posts, etc., so you wouldn't have to type with one finger. I am sure there are easy to install, low-cost options out there.

Sorry to sound prescriptive and/or negative, it's just heartbreaking to know how difficult things are for you right now.

• Love 4

Good suggestions, grisgris.  I'll have a chat with the doctor tomorrow and see what he has to offer in the way of advice.  I'm actually at about the 3/4 point for this brace (IF the arm-shoulder are healing well), so I'm not sure whether a move to a special facility would be that much help at this point.  We'll see.  I really appreciate your ideas, though.  You've been thinking!  When will you have your surgery?  A friend of mine had knee replacement surgery and seemed to sail through it.  I sure hope that yours goes well.

• Love 2

Thanks, Lura. I haven't chosen a date yet. I just keep putting it off and putting it off.  I'm not in dire pain but it sucks -- as you well know -- not to be able to get around like you're used to. I was diagnosed with bad knees 17 years ago at the age of 42. I just need to made a decision and "Just Do It!" (My other brother works for Nike! LOL!) I wanted to have both knees replaced at once but my surgeon said absolutely not. It wasn't so much that I live alone or on a second floor, he is obsessed with infection and blood clots, which I guess is a good thing for a surgeon, right? I had my left hip replaced in 2014 and did just fine.  (My high school classmate's husband had both knees replaced at the same time by a different surgeon and was fine.)

There was a woman I knew when I used to work out at Curves who was in her 80s and had a knee replaced. She went to a rehab facility, which makes sense, given her age, I guess. She was emphatic that I do the same. When I asked my surgeon, he scoffed and said that I was, "too young and healthy." That doesn't mean that I'm not going to ask again. I'd miss my cat, for sure, but the place I have in mind is like 2-3 minutes away from where I live right now. My sister lives about the same distance and she could come see me and take care of Charlize. It would just be nice to have everything under one roof and not have to worry about getting rides to PT, etc.

Oh, well ... My insurance probably wouldn't cover it any way ... Gotta love our U.S. healthcare system!

Do you have home health visits to see how you're doing, help with any housework, etc.?

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, grisgris said:

When I asked my surgeon, he scoffed and said that I was, "too young and healthy."

Be really sure you know which procedure he is doing - cemented or a "press fit" which is cementless.  Very different types of recovery.  I didn't know that, got the cementless because I was "young" and it turns out you cannot bear weight for 6 weeks which meant using a walker all that time.  The cemented version - walking and weight bearing right away.  I had a cousin stay with me for a week and then we figured I would be up and around only to find out not so.  Still it was my left so I could drive - ended up taking myself to therapy instead of the in home version.  But, man, it is no fun trying to cook and do laundry when using a walker. I ate standing up at the sink most of the time!

• Love 5

grisgris,  we'll be getting some from a highly respected local organization, recommended by the doctor, soon.  It's an excellent idea at almost any age, I think.  You never know when you'll be in an accident or whatever, and you'll need it.

Good info, Kohola!   It sounds like you had a bad time of it. :(

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lura said:

Good info, Kohola!   It sounds like you had a bad time of it. :(

In the end it was fine, just complicated my plans a bit as I had planned on going right back to work.  Found out how flexible I can be when pushed.  Managed to bathe and feed myself when I didn't think I'd be able to and it probably got me up out of necessity.  The only thing was laundry because my washer was downstairs.  But a sympathetic friend did that for me so it all worked out. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/30/2018 at 9:05 PM, Lura said:

The danger of being in bed is doing harm to the arm and shoulder.  My husband is trying to squeeze in a nap right now, and I've decided to join him.  He thinks we can tie or prop the arm on a pillow maybe and keep it secured.  The doctor warned that with a brace (his only option), sleeping would be a problem and suggested a chaise lounge.  We should have gotten one and still can.  My legs, ankles and feet are swollen hugely from being down day and night.  I can hardly walk to the bathroom.  Our family doctor prescribed some diuretics to help pull water out of my body, but after the pill wears off, they swell back up again.  It's a nightmare.

Oh, Lura, that sounds awfu!  -- you poor woman -- hard enough to go without sleep, but when your body is trying to heal (and craves and desperately needs sleep to do deep repair) not being able to comfortably sleep is so emotionally and physically  difficult.  I had abdominal surgery (several years ago) and ended up sleeping in a chair for five weeks -- but at least I fell into a deep sleep after awhile  (the pain meds helped - I finally learned why House loved vicodin so much :)

Here's a bouquet of heady lilac and a cup of your favourite hot beverage (the magic of the internet - it can be whatever you want it to be :) to divert you, even if only for a moment. 

lilac.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

film noire, what can I say to thank you for such beautiful words and such a calming, lovely picture?  What a thoughtful gesture!  I'm going to copy and paste this and save it.  Whenever I feel discouraged, I'll have it.  You should be in the greeting card business, m'lady!  THANK YOU.

• Love 4

Sheesh ... I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Yes. There was w-a-a-y too much topping going on with that toffee. I would have stopped with the toasted nuts and only used one kind. Nobody wants to bite into a big hunkin' WHOLE almond.

Everything else was meh ... Seems kinda cheeky to name your potato chips "Drummond Ranch chips" when you're obviously using a Hidden Valley seasoning packet to do most of the heavy lifting flavor-wise. I was wondering about the raw materials/labor costs to make all of that stuff by hand every day. I realize that the facility only has eight rooms, but still. I'd think most travelers would be content with the cookies and a mini bar well-stocked with beverages!

I had to rewind three times, but did Ree say she was adding jacks to the welcome baskets? I saw her stick in a small Mason jar, so did she mean the kind where you bounce a little rubber ball? I haven't seen those since I was a little kid back in the early 60s. So it looks like the Merc didn't have a run on those hideous finger puppets so now they will be foisted off on guests  at the boarding house. I'm sure there is plenty more of tacky crap to throw in as inventory accumulates.

I am sure that the Drummonds are getting a huge tax break on rehabbing those properties because I'm guessing that they had them declared on the local historical register (if they weren't already.) Following what others have said about expanding too much too fast. I am wondering where they are drawing business from? They must be relying heavily on tourist trade to keep everything afloat. Food trends and celebrity "chefs" come and go and Ree's stock is going to drop sooner or later. Remember what a hot ticket Emeril Lagasse was back in the day? Obviously, that is like comparing apples to onions but it's the same principle. Neither Emeril or Ree are going to be living under a bridge for the rest of their lives but once the luster wears off, where is Ree going to go career-wise? She and Ladd are at the age where they can play and walk away with career satisfaction and more money after a few years. Where does that leave the rest of the town and the properties? If they sell them to some poor schmuck, whom doesn't have the name recognition to springboard from, they are doomed.

I'd really love to know what the long-range plan is.  Also, doesn't all of that have to be approved by the city? I guess that's where the politics comes into play and we needn't go there!

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Remember what a hot ticket Emeril Lagasse was back in the day? Obviously, that is like comparing apples to onions but it's the same principle. Neither Emeril or Ree are going to be living under a bridge for the rest of their lives but once the luster wears off, where is Ree going to go career-wise?

I feel for that town as I would be shocked if they haven't been receiving preferential treatments, tax breaks, etc.  Heaven only knows what they promised that town but I seriously doubt its sustainable after the luster fades.  I feel for the people there when everything fades.  Pawhuska ain't Branson.

As you say, the Drummonds are well set and could quit tomorrow but I think that Ree loves the limelight way too much.  She will milk every possible TV opportunity until she's burned every bridge and people are heartily sick of her hack recipes and her cheap, made in China goods.

• Love 7