Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: No Strings Attached

• Start Topic

I don't get the impression any of 'em have been affected much (at least as far as how & where they live) by the additional Bravo income.  Maybe none of 'em are still making all that much from Bravo -- or not enough to alter their lives?

I am very curious about their income from the show.  Was this posted anywhere?  I am sure it is more this season than the 1st, but is it a lot? 

I feel like this may be a situation where Lisa (or Bravo) pays them next to nothing and they stay on because they are old and can't get a real acting gig.  Lisa is an asshole of epic proportions.  I am SURE she makes a LOT more than all of them combined.  She is getting richer off the show and the "stars" stay on the poor side. 

• Love 1

The security thing isn't that big of a deal.  If you live in a bigger gated complex as opposed to a place that's a single building you'll usually have security.  My first (and only) apartment after college had security.  They were mainly useless and would just hit on me in creepy ways when I had to deal with them, but sometimes they were okay in dealing with noise complaints and would call maintenance for you if you locked yourself out of your apartment during off-hours.  Of course I never had euro-trash DJ/busboys spitting on my door -- they might excel at dealing with that.  My "fancy" apartment with vaulted ceilings, landscaped grounds, and security was still not Villa Rosa and didn't cost that much more than where my friends were living.   

I am very curious about their income from the show. Was this posted anywhere? I am sure it is more this season than the 1st, but is it a lot?

I feel like this may be a situation where Lisa (or Bravo) pays them next to nothing and they stay on because they are old and can't get a real acting gig. Lisa is an asshole of epic proportions. I am SURE she makes a LOT more than all of them combined. She is getting richer off the show and the "stars" stay on the poor side.

My understanding is that the cast was paid $5K for either the first or the first and second seasons. Like seriously $5,000 for the entire season. They got a huge bump in season 3 to something like $100,000 per season. And now they between $5K and $10K per episode.

It's also clear that Lisa as producer has said that SUR cast members need to put in at least 4 shifts a month at SUR to be included in the VdPR cast. Or whatever that number was in the premiere.

Edited by HunterHunted

My understanding is that the cast was paid $5K for either the first or the first and second seasons. Like seriously $5,000 for the entire season. They got a huge bump in season 3 to something like $100,000 per season. And now they between $5K and $10K per episode.

I am not shocked at the small amount for the first season - I bet that is standard reality show stuff.  BUT $100,000 - $150,000 per season is disgusting.  I am sure Bravo makes millions off these people.  That is not a lot of money, especially not in LA.  It could be argued that they don't really do much, they party and go on vacation... but still that is pathetic.  Not life-changing money, not even weekend-changing money!

How much do you want to bet that Lisa gets over a million for her role on the show and producer?  And she treats them like crap.  Insult to injury.

ALSO - I posted this on the previous season" thread, as I have been doing a re-watch - I really do not like the way the cast is treated and one particular instance stands out - it was Guillermo's stripper birthday party and that was fully inappropriate for Lisa to ask the waitresses to do a half-naked dance for their boss.  THEIR BOSS!  Absolute sexual harassment in the workplace.  They were TOLD to go into a crowd of people and dance half naked.  Then they were trotted outside to cheer and yell while their wealthy boss received his expensive birthday gift. 

I just... I still cannot get over this!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2

Why is Kristin still on this show? Wasn't she fired? And what, exactly, does she do for a living? Does being a TV show hanger-on actually pay so much that she doesn't feel the need to hold an actual job?

She must make a KILLING on that tshirt line of hers! ha ha

This is irrelevant -- to what I said, anyway. My point wasn't the cost, it was that those places, which some people here refer to as dumps, look like perfectly normal apartments, and that if one believes that kind of place to be a dump, then one probably had a lot more money to spare at the ages of these VPR people. And I live in Jersey, not under a rock; I am well aware of apartment rates in NY.

I think they're referred to as dumps because they appear to be uncleaned.

Who's Faith? 

Faith is the black girl. I think she and LaLa are the newest hires at SUR.

• Love 5

Why is Kristin still on this show? Wasn't she fired? And what, exactly, does she do for a living? Does being a TV show hanger-on actually pay so much that she doesn't feel the need to hold an actual job?

Yet she has the nicest apartment of all. What a sham she is. You know it's probably a corporate apt rented by BRAVO because how can you film Kristin living out of her car?  Or living with some roommate that's actual apt is more disgusting than Sandoval's. 

I think they're referred to as dumps because they appear to be uncleaned.

Anything's possible, I suppose. But when the word "dumps" is qualified with the word "cramped," and there's nary a mention of housekeeping being part of the equation, it comes across to me as a bit snooty (especially when followed up with a lecture of sorts about NYC). But that's just me, a former resident of dumps (though the neatest, cleanest ones you ever did see, I'd bet) in Philly and good ol' Paterson, NJ!

You know it's probably a corporate apt rented by BRAVO because how can you film Kristin living out of her car?  Or living with some roommate that's actual apt is more disgusting than Sandoval's.

Maybe she has a roommate who wants nothing to do with this Vanderpump business whatsoever! I feel like we only ever see her in the living room anyway...what if someone is hiding out in a BR somewhere or at work?! Also, why is this hypothetical situation exciting to me? I need to get out more.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

I think most of us refer to their apartments as "dumps" because they're outfitted like shitty college co-ed apartments, complete with mismatched, fugly furniture and cheap/distasteful excuses of wall art. None of these folks seem to have an ounce of taste/interest in quality home decor or decorating and they're mostly slobs to boot, hence the shitty apartment debates here.

But we shouldn't be surprised---these folks obviously aren't homebodies anyway, so I guess they figure, why bother with nice-looking homes?

• Love 5

I don't see why Kristin's apartment and car have to be set up by Bravo and can't just be Kristin's apartment (with or without roommate) and car.  If she's making over $100k from the show, as estimated above, and doesn't have a lot of credit card debt or student loan payments etc., she can afford that apartment and the lease on her BMW.  She's also probably got a few other show related revenue streams, even if they aren't huge, and whatever the t-shirts are pulling in.  As someone that lives in LA and is familiar with how much apartments and BMW leases run, I find it perfectly believable.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 10

The Guillermo stripper party incident reminded me of something--didn't Stassi tell him he needed to get his dick sucked after he told her to stop drinking on the clock, and Lisa laughed it off? Granted, it wasn't a huge scene in front of guests like Kristen's suck a dick moment was. Still, though...Stassi wasn't even reprimanded IIRC.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

Maybe she has a roommate who wants nothing to do with this Vanderpump business whatsoever! I feel like we only ever see her in the living room anyway...

Hey, we see her lurking in the alley behind SUR too! :-D

I wonder what the Instagram page of the SUR alleyway has to say? (hint hint)

But we shouldn't be surprised---these folks obviously aren't homebodies anyway, so I guess they figure, why bother with nice-looking homes?

I was going to say their apartments should look good when they bring home someone to fuck, err, bang, err make out with, but since both parties are likely to be drunk (or high) at the time, it's a Moot Point .

• Love 2
I was going to say their apartments should look good when they bring home someone to fuck, err, bang, err make out with

Don't you mean "invite in, fall in love with, respect, and take seriously?" Ahahahhahaaa! 

cheap/distasteful excuses of wall art.

Heh. You should see my grown-up-lady home, festooned with garage-sale pieces (including a clown painting so hideous I couldn't not have it, vintage '70s zodiac-sign wall plaques, and what looks to be an ancient paint-by-numbers of Gregg Allman), concert memorabilia (framed because I am an adult now, after all), and a watercolor by Henry Hill that looks as if a kindergartener did it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

I wanted to marry this episode!

I was just as stunned and confused as everyone else.

Me, too, and for a second there I was afraid Schwartz was going to dump a drink on that guy's head.

He [DJMB] also goes, "Mmmmmm". Super creepy and awkward.

His tongue darted out at one point, too. Blech.

But I thought he [Max] had a girlfriend - a friend of Kristen's.

​Yeah, that hot, older woman that Lisa wasn't crazy about. Guess it didn't work out.

I feel like this may be a situation where Lisa (or Bravo) pays them next to nothing and they stay on because they are old and can't get a real acting gig.

​Eh, if not for Lisa, the chucklefucks wouldn't have their SUR nor Bravo jobs. Nobody is holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to work for the salaries they've obviously agreed upon.

• Love 1

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who cried during the proposal. Schwartz did a really good job setting up the fake-out couple and even hiring a string duo!

I even got a little emotional with the Tom's bromance leading up to the big day. That was so sweet the way Sandoval was so supportive of and happy for his friend. I bet any one of the women would be pissed to have the limelight taken on "their day" (because birthdays are a sacrament around SUR). But Sandoval was almost like a proud dad wanting nothing more than to ensure Schwartz's big moment was perfect.

I have to admit that I actually like LaLa now. She gives great talking head. ;-) At first, I was thrown off by how blunt she is in her voiceover interviews, but now that I get her personality a bit more, I think she's hilarious. Terrible taste in men notwithstanding.

When Sandoval and Ariana arrived at Dr. Tatoff, I was thinking what doctor emblazons his/her name in such HUGE letters on their building. And then when Tom said he was there to have the tattoo removed, I thought that's a coincidence that he's having his tattoo removed by Dr. Tatoff. And it took a full second for me to realize Tatoff...tat off... D'oh! There's no actual Dr. Tatoff, is there?!

• Love 11

I also think Kristen's apartment looks the nicest. When Stassi came back to LA with the invisible boyfriend - the apartment she got was crappy looking too. I can see her being able to afford this on her own now - their salaries are decent enough and I would think they get paid appearance fees at various "clubs"

When Lala was telling James about walking around naked holding a coconut his tongue came out and I thought

tumblr_miuekmXbLp1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

In terms of the Hawaii trip. If I were Tom I wouldn't want my ex on my birthday trip, but if Jax insists on inviting someone Tom hates then Tom should invite James and say Kristen and James need to share a room. That would be drama filled.

As far as the one week notice Lisa got - this is all producer driven. They plan these trips, the resort they stay at will probably be provided for FREE in exchange for publicity as well as whatever restaurants/bars they go to..they need get the rights to film beforehand.

Brittany has a heavy hand with the makeup too. The more closeups I've seen of her - she's got a lot of wear and tear...I wonder if she has lied about her age to Jax

• Love 8
Brittany has a heavy hand with the makeup too. The more closeups I've seen of her - she's got a lot of wear and tear...I wonder if she has lied about her age to Jax

She really is. I do not think Brittany is cute at all. There is just something about her smile that I really do not like. Since Jax is completely superficial, I can see why he's having a hard time not getting with Lala. 

Was just watching the proposal again and -- wait, was there another guy there on his knees who looked like he proposing too?  And then Schwartz stopped the guy, so he could propose?  Er, huh?  Did I imagine this?  Cuz the guy on his knees, then got up, threw his arms up & gave Schwartz a "what, are you kidding me" look.  I didn't get any of this, but it was kinda hilarious.

From Sandoval's comments it sounds like he has deliberately avoided getting a tat.  Idk, given his hipsterish look this sorta surprises me.  But then I'm also surprised he never does facial hair stuff like Jax.  Wow, a thousand bucks & a year and a half to get rid of that small tat -- yikes!

That other guy was all part of the proposal. It was so Katie would be even more blindsided and Schwartz went over and got the ring from him. I thought it was really cute.

I think Sandoval should just leave the tattoo. Who cares it's a funny memory and no one can really see it. Ariana is such a bitch. She can't even think it's a little bit cute he got it for her...even though it is really ugly.

• Love 6

In terms of the Hawaii trip. If I were Tom I wouldn't want my ex on my birthday trip, but if Jax insists on inviting someone Tom hates then Tom should invite James and say Kristen and James need to share a room. That would be drama filled.

What makes you think it hasn't happened? ;-)

KungFuBunny, on 06 Jan 2016 - 7:25 PM, said:

As far as the one week notice Lisa got - this is all producer driven. They plan these trips, the resort they stay at will probably be provided for FREE in exchange for publicity as well as whatever restaurants/bars they go to..they need get the rights to film beforehand.

I thought it was a LOT less notice they gave her, but yeah, it takes longer than a week to arrange a vacation in Hawai'i.

• Love 1

What makes you think it hasn't happened? ;-)

I thought it was a LOT less notice they gave her, but yeah, it takes longer than a week to arrange a vacation in Hawai'i.

In the upcoming attractions...Jax said he invited Kristen to something - I think they are still in Hawaii.

I can picture it now, James Kennedy will be lurking behind a palm tree holding his James Kennedy Laptop.

One of the main characters of this show is "SUR". Anything to promote it, and to show Lisa as an extremely vested business woman is a plus for her. A bit of manufactured drama of having to scramble to re-arrange the schedule. It would be awesome if we see Ariana bitching that she can't get anyone to cover for her as ALL of the bartenders are going to be in Hawaii so she has to work.

• Love 5
James Kennedy will be lurking behind a palm tree holding his James Kennedy Laptop.

Getting ready to keep his dream alive with DJing the Hawaii trip! That's why he wants to go, you guys! He wants to DJ this trip! Its his dream! "Dreams are forever"

I am not normally a sappy romantic, but I have to say that proposal was beautiful. The expressions on everyone's faces were perfect and Schwartz and Katie just seemed so in love there. I can see why people here were crying during it. It was really just perfect. Congratulations to them both

• Love 5

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Then Jax sees the gold lettering reflecting along the beach and goes to investigate.

He confronts James, and James says in his Eliza Doolittle cockney accent...I di int spi on you Jax, I spi on da pawm tree..and it was int even spi...it wos jus a litt ill bit o drib bull..Jax, mate you bet err think lawng an hod be foor you kick me out, be cos if yee doo, ye'll neva get all this hawt ness to spin and hit the play butt own on me laptop for yee again

Then Jax proceeds to hold James under water until James shuts up..The End

• Love 3

You have to pepper it with "dove", though! I did'na spi on you, dove!

Haha...that works when he speaks to women. He calls the men "mate"

Should I have said Jax...you aw nut in boh a basic mate. Ye'll nevah ge an ee o this, cos yee have her pas, you dirty slut

Then Jax sees the gold lettering reflecting along the beach and goes to investigate.

He confronts James, and James says in his Eliza Doolittle cockney accent...I di int spi on you Jax, I spi on da pawm tree..and it was int even spi...it wos jus a litt ill bit o drib bull..Jax, mate you bet err think lawng an hod be foor you kick me out, be cos if yee doo, ye'll neva get all this hawt ness to spin and hit the play butt own on me laptop for yee again

Then Jax proceeds to hold James under water until James shuts up..The End

Or they "make out" on the beach.

So, at the end of the "Here's what" segment, he was talking to them (schwartz and katie) about their wedding guest list...and he said he wondered who from VPR "...would be attending and who would be trolling the SUR Back Alley Twitter page". Then they proceded to play "RSVP OR BITCH, PLEASE"

ETA - full episodes of WWHL (and other shows) can be found online if you know where to look. Most shows are On Demand, but wwhl is not one of them

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 2

That proposal was so sweet!!  He totally had me going.  I felt so bad for him that another couple was getting engaged and then he just walked in and takes over and I go OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I've never seen a lighted ring box. It did help to make the ring look magical every time Schwartz opened it to show off the ring.

It must be the thing now because the ring my brother gave my SIL had a lighted box (and I'm fairly certain her ring probably didn't cost as much as this one) and I've seen them on tv engagements a few times since then too.