Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

I keep thinking to myself, once again Scott opened his mouth about something.

I don't know.  Unless you happen to know Scott and Alexis, it seems a little much to jump to conclusions about Scott's actions, when for all we know, Alexis was fine with him mentioning the baby in the low key way he did.     

• Love 3
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I don't know.  Unless you happen to know Scott and Alexis, it seems a little much to jump to conclusions about Scott's actions, when for all we know, Alexis was fine with him mentioning the baby in the low key way he did.     

The way Glamour's question was written indicates that they already knew. Also, Parents magazine discussed the possibility months ago. 

Now we know how easy it is for B-level actors to have a private life. Alexis and Vincent were making public appearances during her pregnancy.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

It's not like it's a 12 year old secret child or anything ☺ Scott seems excited about being a Dad and talking about how they shared kid stories and photos doesn't seem like he was breaking news of a scandal.  

• Love 5

Since Scott really seems to like and respect Alexis a lot, my guess is that he would never speak about Alexis's baby without her blessing. I think Alexis is private but not paranoid, and she probably knows anyway that with the  revival about to come out that her being a mother would come to light one way or the other. As long as Scott isn't posting pictures of Alexis's baby on his twitter or giving out the baby's name, I don't think it is that big a deal.

• Love 5
(edited)

What's with the need to blackwash Scott? Was there anyone not aware that Alexis was pregnant and had a baby? I haven't been following the GG actors post show but even I came across the 'AB is pregnant' news (don't remember why though). And what's so bad about him mentioning trading stories about their kids? It's not like he is posting pictures oh her child.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Smad said:

I haven't been following the GG actors post show but even I came across the 'AB is pregnant' news

So did I. But I don't recall seeing Ms Bledel or her husband confirming the story. So before this revelation, it was idle gossip and sheer speculation. Given her well known penchant for keeping her private life private and the matter having nothing whatever to do with the revival,  it seemed tacky to me for a work colleague to  tell the world about  such a personal issue. Call me old fashioned.

• Love 4

Given her well known penchant for keeping her private life private and the matter having nothing whatever to do with the revival,  it seemed tacky to me for a work colleague to  tell the world about  such a personal issue. Call me old fashioned.

I think unless you actually know these people, or what happened here, I'd hold off before trying to take offense over a situation where there may be none to be had.   

• Love 7

I'd file it under "awkward, but not malicious".  I find it a little odd that he brought it up so casually, considering that AB and her husband had been keeping it quiet, even after her pregnancy was being speculated about.  But the casualness of it makes it clear (IMO) that he didn't think it was any big deal, and since he knows them personally, he may know they wouldn't care.  It's even possible, given how private they are, that they prefer that the news "broke" via a third party.

SP strikes me at times as a bit naive about modern/social media and how quickly things go viral.  It used to be that giving an interview for a magazine meant that only that magazine's readers would be likely to see it.  Now, if there is "big" news, it's instantly disseminated around the globe.

• Love 1

I'd file it under "awkward, but not malicious".  I find it a little odd that he brought it up so casually, considering that AB and her husband had been keeping it quiet, even after her pregnancy was being speculated about.

I think if you look at the question he was asked: "What was it like to see Alexis all grown up? She was like 16 when she started this show and went on to have a great career and get married and start her own family," the question is based on the premise that Alexis has a child, and what is it like to see her in that phase of her life after knowing her as a teenager.  That's why he responded the way he did.   

• Love 5
4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I think if you look at the question he was asked: "What was it like to see Alexis all grown up? She was like 16 when she started this show and went on to have a great career and get married and start her own family," the question is based on the premise that Alexis has a child, and what is it like to see her in that phase of her life after knowing her as a teenager.  That's why he responded the way he did.   

Bolding mine.

Good catch - I had missed that somehow.  I guess I'll switch my opinion to, "it was an odd question to ask, considering."  lol

But you're right, he was just answering the question.

• Love 1

In that same article SP says this about L&L's relationship: "It's as complex and entertaining as it's always been—if not more so, actually. In these four mini movies, the relationship is really ramped up and the stakes are much higher". I can't help wonder what could be more complex than what happened in season 6 with both of their daughters being adults.  When I think of the stakes being higher, there is more to lose.  Any speculations? Mine are that there is a child or a late in life pregnancy with a decision to make.  ASP said that Lorelia has a journey to make as well as Rory.  I know Lorelai will be dealing with the loss of her father and that can be very difficult but I don't think all of it is going to be dealing with grief.

It seems that SP is just chomping at the bit to give fans some info.  I bet ASP shutters a little when he gives interviews!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FictionLover said:

I guess SP is catching flack for spilling the beans

http://987ampradio.cbslocal.com/2016/05/19/find-out-which-gilmore-girls-star-secretly-welcomed-a-child/

He is chatty ☺

From what I understand, Alexis had no problem telling SP and knowing he would talk about it. So, I think everyone should just relax. He was sharing happy news and if AS-P is going to mad at it because Rory is pregnant at the same time in the show. Then that's her fault, but if we see Rory not showing at all in the revival this fall. Then what's her problem? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, readster said:

From what I understand, Alexis had no problem telling SP and knowing he would talk about it. So, I think everyone should just relax. He was sharing happy news and if AS-P is going to mad at it because Rory is pregnant at the same time in the show. Then that's her fault, but if we see Rory not showing at all in the revival this fall. Then what's her problem? 

I don't think he did anything wrong, the article reads like he did.

• Love 1
On 18 May 2016 at 1:04 AM, dustylil said:

I was thinking the same thing. For man nearing sixty, he seems somewhat lacking in discretion. Perhaps I should send him the plaque we had hanging up in our  apartment when I was growing up that said - "Caution be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear".

The couple's publicist confirmed. Also there was apparently something in some parenting magazine months ago, so it wasn't quite as hidden as the media who clumsily missed the story would like you to believe. 

What I really wanted to say, though, is as one nears their sixties, he or she tends to become more DGAS (Doesn't Give A Shit) and says more of what's on his or her mind. Pretty universal.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, stopthestatic said:

Does anyone know how early Netflix usually starts teasing/promoting their shows? It feels a bit early for a teaser poster if it's coming out late this year or early next year. 

Usually a few months before. My guess is they will drop it in the Fall. They seem to space out the premiers of their popular shows. Luke Cage is dropping September 30th, and Fuller House is rumored to be either Nov/Dec as per comments by both John Stamos & Candace Cameron Bure. So i'm guessing October. If they do decide to drop it earlier i'm guessing end of August. 

I don't understand the big deal- Just give us the date they are releasing it already! Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, junienmomo said:

The couple's publicist confirmed. Also there was apparently something in some parenting magazine months ago, so it wasn't quite as hidden as the media who clumsily missed the story would like you to believe

There were rumours in a number of magazines, not just parenting ones, as I recall. For that matter, there was even some discussion on these threads. I had rather thought the matter would have been addressed in the media interviews with the principals when publicity for the revival was first up and running. If that is what the family wanted.

Edited by dustylil
  • Love 1

I love how Scott gets blamed because the media had no interest in Bledel. Or that he is not up to date what is in the press or not. I'm sure if the paparazzi were interested there would have been plenty photos of pregnant Bledel and then Alexis/Vincent/kid. Bledel is not tabloid material (probably how she prefers it) but apparently her having a kid wasn't unknown to the interviewer. They brought it up and Scott responded to it. So can we please stop already with the dissing of Scott for not knowing that Alexis having a kid isn't widespread across all media?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, JayInChicago said:

I wonder what the emoji shoe means.

oh. It means Ellen.

Thinking the pencil/paper emoji may mean news about Lauren's second book. Maybe release date.

14 hours ago, FictionLover said:

In that same article SP says this about L&L's relationship: "It's as complex and entertaining as it's always been—if not more so, actually. In these four mini movies, the relationship is really ramped up and the stakes are much higher". I can't help wonder what could be more complex than what happened in season 6 with both of their daughters being adults.  When I think of the stakes being higher, there is more to lose.  Any speculations? Mine are that there is a child or a late in life pregnancy with a decision to make.  ASP said that Lorelia has a journey to make as well as Rory.  I know Lorelai will be dealing with the loss of her father and that can be very difficult but I don't think all of it is going to be dealing with grief.

Wondering about this also.  I can't think of any reason the stakes would be higher higher except for a child/pregnancy.  It's driving me a little crazy not knowing, in fact.  Hope we get a release date soon!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Smad said:

I love how Scott gets blamed because the media had no interest in Bledel. Or that he is not up to date what is in the press or not. I'm sure if the paparazzi were interested there would have been plenty photos of pregnant Bledel and then Alexis/Vincent/kid. Bledel is not tabloid material (probably how she prefers it) but apparently her having a kid wasn't unknown to the interviewer. They brought it up and Scott responded to it. So can we please stop already with the dissing of Scott for not knowing that Alexis having a kid isn't widespread across all media?

Nah. I'll diss Scott if I want to. I don't think it's cool of him to get blabby with the press when Alexis herself clearly doesn't want to talk about it. As for the tabs not being interested, pretty much every major and non-major media outlet has had articles about the baby since the Glamour interview went online.

• Love 4

I don't think it's cool of him to get blabby with the press when Alexis herself clearly doesn't want to talk about it.

He didn't get blabby with the press.  He responded to a direct question about what it was like to see Alexis with a family of her own after knowing her as a teenager.  What was he going to do?  Refuse to confirm Alexis has a family of her own?  End the interview over a ridiculously mild question?  I'm all for being respectful of Alexis and her wishes for privacy, but I don't see that Scott did anything wrong here.  Moreover, as far as I can see, there's nothing to suggest Alexis had any issue with what he said.    

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

He didn't get blabby with the press.  He responded to a direct question about what it was like to see Alexis with a family of her own after knowing her as a teenager.  What was he going to do?  Refuse to confirm Alexis has a family of her own?  End the interview over a ridiculously mild question?  I'm all for being respectful of Alexis and her wishes for privacy, but I don't see that Scott did anything wrong here.  Moreover, as far as I can see, there's nothing to suggest Alexis had any issue with what he said.    

Sigh, ikr. It's also insane to expect one actor to know about all the other cast members and their opinion about press, what is allowed to be mentioned or how much. Specially a cast that hadn't seen each other since the show ended (like Scott and Alexis). And it's not like he got specific or shared pictures. All he did was answer a direct question very superficially. Good grief.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Minneapple said:

Well, I disagree. I think he did get blabby. As it is the reporter never asked an actual question about Alexis' baby or family.

True, but if he was going to say anything more specific than "Great!" it was bound to come out.  Also, do we know the questions/answers were exactly as transcribed in the article?  It could have been taken out of context even more.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Well, I disagree. I think he did get blabby. As it is the reporter never asked an actual question about Alexis' baby or family.

The question as printed was

What was it like to see Alexis all grown up? She was like 16 when she started this show and went on to have a great career and get married and start her own family.

That's absolutely a question about her adult life, specifically including her marriage and family. He replied with his perspective, including generic stuff about comparing notes. Sounds more like a proud uncle than anything. 

Glamour did the blabbing, if anyone did, which I don't think they did. It reminds me of the town meeting in season 2 when they're all ragging on Jess. LOL.

LORELAI: His point is, that if there's a problem…

LUKE: And I'm not saying there's a problem.

LORELAI: Right, he's not saying there is a problem, but if there it, give him time to deal with it before you storm his diner with torches and pitchforks.

LUKE: Right. What I'm dealing with, being a problem, that I don't necessarily agree that I even have.

LORELAI: Right.

TAYLOR: I didn't get that last part

• Love 3
17 hours ago, FictionLover said:

Great topic. I suppose if the relationship is "ramped up,"  whatever that means, I've got my fingers crossed that there is a strong supportive relationship between the couple. 

Presuming that's true, then the Christopher/other man or woman goes away, leaving us with the rest of the standard drama points:

• illness
  • death
  • loss of financial means (or dramatic gains e.g. if Richard leaves Lorelai a pile of money)
  • Emily moves in or does something equally dramatic
  • a daughter gets pregnant or Lorelai does
  • Kirk (somehow Kirk always seems to be involved)
  • godchildren (Lane's or Sookie's kids) need something dramatic
  • April's gayness (a wish floating around the interwebs)

We've seen the diner destroyed once, Lorelai's workplace destroyed, too many Christopher interruptions, love child, "Hole!," annoying leeching family, ...

Ought to be fun when it arrives. 

• Love 2

Last we saw Jess, he grew into a more evolved version of himself, imparting some enlightening advice to temporary Yale dropout Rory. So what's he doing now?

“He matured into a very decent guy,” Ventimiglia said. “A very, very decent guy, but he never lost his angle of disdain for things that pissed him off. But he chose to help others along in a more positive way as opposed to the angle of being an angsty teen. He grew up.”

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/milo-ventimiglia-on-a-gilmore-girls-jess-logan-dean-meetup.html

No one knows the circumstances between AB's news and how it was released/maybe was released by Scott Patterson and Glamour.  Please let's not argue about it further.  

After waiting for the revival to be released I don't think I could stand to wait any longer for them to be released with time in between.

How do people hope they are released all at once or with time in between each one? Thoughts?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DMM51759 said:

After waiting for the revival to be released I don't think I could stand to wait any longer for them to be released with time in between.

How do people hope they are released all at once or with time in between each one? Thoughts?

All at once for sure.  Don't they drop at midnight?  If they spaced them with a day in between it would be awfully hard to stay up until 1:30 four days in a row while maintaining my regular schedule.  If they release them all at once it's easier to rearrange things so I can take the whole day.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, DMM51759 said:

I can't imagine Netflix going against their whole shtick of binge watching and "Netflix & Chill" and not releasing all the episodes at once. I'd be so surprised if they did that. 

• Love 1

Just for the fun of it, I searched Netflix for Gilmore Girls. The new poster isn't up, but the description says "Three generations of Gilmore women grapple with change and the complicated bonds of family during one year in Stars Hollow".  Not much to go on but it's strange reading "Gilmore women."  

1 minute ago, junienmomo said:

I've got my fingers crossed for the anniversary of the first episode. That would be ten years exactly.

What date was that?