Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

Well, if anybody finds out if Rory ends up with Logan, just PM me and tell me not to watch, because I seriously dislike him and I'm depressed enough lately already. I don't care about Luke and Lorelai enough for me to overcome my dislike for Rory/Logan.

• Love 2

Those of us from Toronto might find this funny (though a bit inaccurate.  Emily/Richard are old money and thus more Rosedale types than Forest Hill (where Drake is from!), stereotypically speaking).  And Rory would have gone to Queen's, McGill or Western (basically wherever Richard went) for undergrad.  As for Chilton?  The equivalents I can think of are all single-sex and there are four to pick from. :)

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PRgal said:

Those of us from Toronto might find this funny (though a bit inaccurate.  Emily/Richard are old money and thus more Rosedale types than Forest Hill (where Drake is from!), stereotypically speaking).  And Rory would have gone to Queen's, McGill or Western (basically wherever Richard went) for undergrad.  As for Chilton?  The equivalents I can think of are all single-sex and there are four to pick from. :)

Havergal, Bishop Strachan, Branksome Hall, and St. Clement's School?

Rory wouldn't have gone to Ryerson. I know in the States McGill is considered the "Harvard" of the North, and it's not that far from Toronto.

I considered having a reception at the Steam Whistle Brewery, so the part about Luke and Lorelai getting married there made me laugh.

17 minutes ago, CheeseBurgh said:

I have hope since I'm not a fan of Luke and Lorelai as a couple.

"Luke Danes himself was "quite perturbed" by the series' final words."  Clarification; Scott Patterson the actor is perturbed, not the character Luke Danes.

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/a23612/scott-patterson-gilmore-girls-final-four-words/

LOL, the TVLine version of that same interview (video of Scott saying it), emphasizes the sarcasm/joke.

8 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

"Luke Danes himself was "quite perturbed" by the series' final words."  Clarification; Scott Patterson the actor is perturbed, not the character Luke Danes.

If you read the article the next paragraph begins with "On a more serious note..."

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Havergal, Bishop Strachan, Branksome Hall, and St. Clement's School?

Rory wouldn't have gone to Ryerson. I know in the States McGill is considered the "Harvard" of the North, and it's not that far from Toronto.

I considered having a reception at the Steam Whistle Brewery, so the part about Luke and Lorelai getting married there made me laugh.

Yep (on the girls-only schools).  And Rory?  Original target = McGill, but ends up at Queen's (Cha Gheill!!!!!) - heh.  I somehow can't see Richard being a Western alum.  Okay, maybe from Huron.  

Let's get back to our regularly scheduled program, shall we?

2 hours ago, junienmomo said:

LOL, the TVLine version of that same interview (video of Scott saying it), emphasizes the sarcasm/joke.

Yep. It was totally tongue in cheek. Scott joked that he gave Amy a list of ten different 4 word possibilities and she didn't use any of them. LOL.

• Love 2

I feel like I want to watch either the Top 10 Important Gilmore Girls Episodes before the Revival or the Top 10 Best GG Episodes. But I'm having a tough time deciding. I want to start tomorrow and then watch one a day until the 24th, just before the revival.

Maybe I can get some suggestions/help here? First off, Best episodes or Important episodes? Which ones? Because knowing me, I'll just watch all the ones with Jess and I'd like to try to me more diverse with my selection.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PRgal said:

Thanks, PRgal. I can totally picture Rory at McGill. My partner went to Western, I spent many road trips going back and forth to see him back in the day. It doesn't scream Richard Gilmore to me, too liberal artsy. Maybe they have a serious econ section that I missed. lol

Lady Calypso, I would choose a few favourites from each season but that reflects my choice to relive the happy times & ignore the rest. Some of the most important episodes aren't feel good eps but are important in te grand scheme of things. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, hippielamb said:

Thanks, PRgal. I can totally picture Rory at McGill. My partner went to Western, I spent many road trips going back and forth to see him back in the day. It doesn't scream Richard Gilmore to me, too liberal artsy. Maybe they have a serious econ section that I missed. lol

Lady Calypso, I would choose a few favourites from each season but that reflects my choice to relive the happy times & ignore the rest. Some of the most important episodes aren't feel good eps but are important in te grand scheme of things. 

A Canadian Richard would have gone to Queen's, most likely (and Queen's/McGill used to be football rivals - back when the eastern Ontario schools played in a Quebec league (for football only).  We even had a game called Kill McGill). 

33 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

No spoilers, but this seemed like the right place.

alan sepinwall's take

I loved this review! It felt real. He didn't pull punches on things that we would have also criticized had they happened in the original series. He also identified moments of awkward writing or acting (I noticed one in one of the trailers myself).

He also pointed out some wonderful and brilliant moments. 

Variety review - also a good, balanced review.

A non-spoilerish quote that warmed my jj heart:

Like Graham and Bishop, Patterson knocks his monologues out of the park. The terse Luke gets fewer big moments, but the way he has always lovingly and exasperatedly held his own with Lorelai has always been one of the show’s chief draws.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/reviews/gilmore-girls-review-a-year-in-the-life-netflix-lauren-graham-alexis-bledel-1201917166/ 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CheeseBurgh said:

It is getting rave reviews everywhere! Here is a cute short interview with the cast on Entertainment.

warning Luke toupee alert!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/16/gilmore-girls-revival-cover

It is getting rave reviews everywhere! Here is a cute short interview with the cast on Entertainment.

warning Luke toupee alert!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/16/gilmore-girls-revival-cover

Yikes, the toupee looks like someone drew it on with a sharpee! I sincerely hope it doesn't look like that in any of his scenes. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

8 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

Yikes, the toupee looks like someone drew it on with a sharpee! I sincerely hope it doesn't look like that in any of his scenes. 

LOL, that's certainly one of the bad ones. Looks like it was there for the EW shoot only. I hope.

Hair is such a problem for actors and actresses. I remember Lorelai and her bald spot that made it on camera. It was apparently due to bad hair extensions or chemicals.

I really liked the new trailer better! Felt more like "Gilmore Girls" somehow. 

Oh man, I really don't want to see spoilers and I seem to find myself dodging them all over the place this past week. Tumblr is a minefield!

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2
On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 7:04 AM, PRgal said:

A Canadian Richard would have gone to Queen's, most likely (and Queen's/McGill used to be football rivals - back when the eastern Ontario schools played in a Quebec league (for football only).  We even had a game called Kill McGill). 

That makes sense. I really couldn't picture Richard at Western, though they do have a business school (as my partner reminded me last night). 

35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I so want to read the spoilers just to know, but at the same time I want to stay surprised.

But I'm so afraid of stumbling upon spoilers that I don't want to see. I am so impatient! 

None of the reviews are really spoilery.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I wouldn't go quite that far.  One big question was certainly answered. I'm staying away from everything from now on.

Which big question? I read all the reviews and didn't see anything major.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, junienmomo said:

LOL, that's certainly one of the bad ones. Looks like it was there for the EW shoot only. I hope.

Hair is such a problem for actors and actresses. I remember Lorelai and her bald spot that made it on camera. It was apparently due to bad hair extensions or chemicals.

Unfortunately, I think it may be his own piece.  He has a unflattering one for his profile picture on twitter too.

Which episode showed a bald spot on Lorelai?  I never noticed.

5 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

Here's another new trailer 

Please take notice of Luke in shorts

I totally missed that.  You are very observant.