Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Will Power

• Start Topic

Is it is just me, or is that expensive ass ring really ugly, at least as a ring?

I know I'm probably just not the fashionable type, but the longer I watch Housewives the less impressed I am with their choices.  I don't like to snark on people for their appearance, but I can't keep my mouth shut any longer.  

Huge bling?  Like that ring, or any ring that takes over your hand, or Kyle's oversized necklaces.  Tacky, no matter what the price tag.  Bigger is not better, it's just an advertisement for the power of your bank account.  Just like those stupid sunglasses, who spends the price of a car on an accessory?  It's not that they look any better than a $200 pair.  I guess when you have enough $$$ to throw away on fripperies, it's just like wearing a sign saying I got more than you.  How classy is that?

Makeup layered on with a trowel (looking at you especially, LisaV, but all the ladies have their turn being guilty of it)?  Not attractive.  It makes you look older and desperate, not young and sexy.

Over processed, crunchy hair?  Ditto.  I will say that I think Kyle, Eileen, and Erica have glorious locks, but LisaV's do is aging her worse than the make-up.

Animal prints?  Ditto and yawn.  It was exciting a few decades ago, but it's dated.

Ridiculous pointy overpriced shoes?  Make my feet hurt.

I will stick to simple, clean, warm, and comfortable for myself.  I'm old and no longer a beauty, but I've learned my lesson about how less is more from seeing myself in photos.  On the other hand, watching these women who have everything they could possibly want delude themselves is kinda entertaining AND a life lesson.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 15

I can't decide if the Hadid kids were upset because of the subject matter, or mortified that their mother was so badly/obviously acting pathetic.  Could be either/both.  "Take care of my mommy!"

On the other hand, assuming that the conversation takes place off camera, the fact that the lawyer has the will doesn't mean the kids necessarily even know who the lawyer IS.  In going through these kind of planning matters with my (much older) mom, it's a relief to know that there is a centralized location for all her official documents.  Do these kids have a clue who does her taxes? Which banks contain which accounts, and what bills are paid out of each?  Where she has safety deposit boxes?  Who the contact person is at the homeless shelter/soup kitchen she donates all those lemons to?

Sure, David/Mohammed might know, or there might be some central consigliere person in their lives who would be able to figure it all out for them, but that's no substitute for a simple packet of info that details Stuff You Might Need to Deal With In Case of Emergency.  

No doubt it also contained personal letters, a recipe for the juice cleanse, and the speech she wants read over her body as it lies on its bier in repose high among the lemon trees overlooking the Pacific.  

• Love 8

Lisa V. played with Erika in the same way my cat used to catch and stun a chipmunk, and then playfully paw at him on the back porch.   I loved it.  I'm not sure about Erika yet, but she didn't fold under the withering, gleeful Britishness of Lisa V.  I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take much for Lisa to make me cry, so there's that.

See that's funny because I saw it the opposite way.  I thought that round went to Erika. 

By the way, who is richer?  I am thinking Erika, due to Mr. Lawyer, Erika's husband.  I figured that is why LisaV got a little uncomfortable.  She likes being the richest one.

It is indeed. It's his grandfather's name (and his father middle name).

Speaking a how they pick names.  Anwar???  That had better be a Hadid family name as I only ever picture the assassinated president of Egypt, Anwar Sadat every time it is said. 

He was a very good man so maybe he's named after him but I doubt the Hadid's are into anything geopolitical at all!!

Oh I like that name!  I think it is very Persian - I know a few Iranian people with the name.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3

It's a soft J, like the Y in Yolanda...pronounced Yelena, rhymes with Helena.  Gigi doesn't make sense as a nickname, lol.

Gigi could stand for something else, like "Girly Girl" which might have been a baby nickname (one my friend used). Another friend calls her daughter "Bebe" which started as "Blake Baby".

• Love 4

Thank you. Her hair makes me itchy just looking at it. It just sort of hangs there, and looks way too "heavy" to me as well.  I am always amazed when the women on these shows have bad hair, when they have so much money at their disposal. 

The waxing part was totally unnecessary. But I think I might be the only person who doesn't mind Rinna's laughing. She strikes me as someone who just really enjoys life. And herself. And that's okay. Women are so hard on themselves these days - on their looks, their parenting choices, their careers, their love lives, etc. If Lisar finds herself funny - good on her! I actually crack myself up a lot. And it's not because I think I'm super witty or intelligent (although, sometimes I am), I just say and do ridiculous crap all day long and then have a good laugh about it. That's how Lisar strikes me - very self aware and self deprecating. She knows she IS the joke half the time, but I think she likes herself and has a good time. She doesn't take things too seriously, and I find it refreshing. 

I certainly understand your points, especially about women being hard on themselves,  and I too can have a good laugh at myself but I think this goes deeper than that.  

At first it was slightly amusing amusing but it's constant and at this point very phony to me.  I don't find it to be self-awareness at all, I think Lisa Rinna has a very weak personality and is moldable and suggestible.  After the whole deal with Kim in Amsterdam where she basically folded like a table and went along with Kim's narrative so easily, I feel that she acts out of fear and this nervous laugh is a byproduct of that.  

“A constant nervous giggle, what is called a self-deprecating laugh, is a nervous tic.  The giggler probably isn't very aware of how much he or she does it.  It indicates insecurity and a poor self-image. It can often come out of a childhood in which the child is fearful of harsh criticism or punishment, and tries to indicate submissiveness to avert punishment."

http://www.scarysymptoms.com/2015/05/people-who-laugh-at-everything-they-say.html

I have sympathy for it but I believe Lisa needs to explore why she laughs at everything she says and put a stop to it.  I don't think she's truly amused, I think she's not dealing with some aspect of her life.  I like LisaR, she seems to be a very nice lady but the constant laughing comes off as insincere and to me speaks to a bigger issue.

• Love 9

I certainly understand your points, especially about women being hard on themselves, and I too can have a good laugh at myself but I think this goes deeper than that.

At first it was slightly amusing amusing but it's constant and at this point very phony to me. I don't find it to be self-awareness at all, I think Lisa Rinna has a very weak personality and is moldable and suggestible. After the whole deal with Kim in Amsterdam where she basically folded like a table and went along with Kim's narrative so easily, I feel that she acts out of fear and this nervous laugh is a byproduct of that.

“A constant nervous giggle, what is called a self-deprecating laugh, is a nervous tic. The giggler probably isn't very aware of how much he or she does it. It indicates insecurity and a poor self-image. It can often come out of a childhood in which the child is fearful of harsh criticism or punishment, and tries to indicate submissiveness to avert punishment."

http://www.scarysymptoms.com/2015/05/people-who-laugh-at-everything-they-say.html

I have sympathy for it but I believe Lisa needs to explore why she laughs at everything she says and put a stop to it. I don't think she's truly amused, I think she's not dealing with some aspect of her life. I like LisaR, she seems to be a very nice lady but the constant laughing comes off as insincere and to me speaks to a bigger issue.

Yes. I don't think she is signalling glee at her wit; she is begging to be liked.

• Love 6

In defense of Yo telling Anwar to move:  He still lives with her or at least in BH with Mo so she sees him all of the time but Gigi lives in NYC and is jetting all over the world too.  She doesn't get to see her too much. 

IMHO anyway. 

Yes, but it's still rude.  And unkind.  One of my children lives near me, another lives thousands of miles away.  I would never, ever say something like that so abruptly to the one who lives near me.  What stood out to me was not only what she said, but also the way she said it.  

My extended family lives literally all over the world, and we have reunions every year or so.  We may say something like, "Would you mind switching seats with me for a couple of minutes?  I haven't seen Gigi in awhile and I'd like to talk to her."  Not "Go sit with Grandma.  I want to sit next to Gigi", which is basically what she said.  That sounds too much like, "I don't want to sit next to you."  Abrupt, unkind, and dismissive.  (If she was smart, she would have spun it more like, "Anwar, I think maybe you should go over and talk to Grandma.  We don't see her that much and I'm sure she'd love a few minutes with you".  But she can't be bothered to do something like that.)

It also wasn't a normal family situation.  They were filming.  I'm sure she had plenty of opportunity to speak to Gigi privately or sit near her or whatever she wanted earlier that day, later that day, the next day, the day before, etc.  Gigi wasn't just there for the short time that cameras were present.  Not to mention that I don't think seeing Gigi is such a rare thing.  This family has the money to fly wherever they want whenever they want, and they certainly seem to do that.  Either way, though, it seemed very clear that Gigi is #1, Yolanda makes no attempt to hide it, and she always expects to get whatever she wants regardless of anyone else or their feelings.  Including her own son.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 9

Did I just hear Anwar say he didn't know how to butter bread?

I believe him, if you remember Adrienne Maloof had difficulties with peanut butter sandwiches (and she was using smooth creamy not chunky)

I also believe Anwar has never SEEN butter since he lives with Yolanda (As soon as the cameras were off she probably threw all of the food away and stuck a spoon down Anwar's throat)

• Love 15

No, Alexia has NOT gotten a DUI. The Only BH kid to do that was Bella and both she and Yolanda  now claim her DUI was caused by LD, which is another lie Yolanda is trying to sell us.

Yep. And you can bet that if it was Alexia who had committed the crime of getting a DUI while driving on a suspended license (which is a crime as well and indicates there was something committed by her to have her license taken away), it would just mean Kyle is the worst mother in the world and Alexia should be branded for life for daring to put other people at risk. People like me and my family who drive that stretch of road many times. Something is obviously wrong there if a child already has a suspended license and then continues to drive since we know Yolanda isn't able to drive! *cough* BS *cough* How many times did that child drive before finally doing something that brought her criminal actions to light?

Hence last week's blog...

2qnxl5j.png

Yes YoFo, you are the only one who is doing this show for something other than money. But hey, didn't you defend Brandi for needing money because she was left high and dry by Eddie Cibrian? Way to go Yolanda. Always putting that humongous foot of yours in that big, ugly mouth of yours. Camille put a spotlight on cancer. Kyle put a spotlight on Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, a great place that I have a personal connection to.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

See that's funny because I saw it the opposite way.  I thought that round went to Erika. 

By the way, who is richer?  I am thinking Erika, due to Mr. Lawyer, Erika's husband.  I figured that is why LisaV got a little uncomfortable.  She likes being the richest one.

Oh I like that name!  I think it is very Persian - I know a few Iranian people with the name.

I don't think Lisa/Ken have ever been the wealthiest on this show nor do I think THEY think they are. She was the hardest working and now that Eileen has joined the cast, BH has 2 very hard working HWs where their careers (outside the HW show) are demanding. 

Gigi could stand for something else, like "Girly Girl" which might have been a baby nickname (one my friend used). Another friend calls her daughter "Bebe" which started as "Blake Baby".

I could be as simple as that Bella said JiJi when she was a baby first speaking. Many nicknames are started by how a younger sibling says their name.

I certainly understand your points, especially about women being hard on themselves,  and I too can have a good laugh at myself but I think this goes deeper than that.  

At first it was slightly amusing amusing but it's constant and at this point very phony to me.  I don't find it to be self-awareness at all, I think Lisa Rinna has a very weak personality and is moldable and suggestible.  After the whole deal with Kim in Amsterdam where she basically folded like a table and went along with Kim's narrative so easily, I feel that she acts out of fear and this nervous laugh is a byproduct of that.  

“A constant nervous giggle, what is called a self-deprecating laugh, is a nervous tic.  The giggler probably isn't very aware of how much he or she does it.  It indicates insecurity and a poor self-image. It can often come out of a childhood in which the child is fearful of harsh criticism or punishment, and tries to indicate submissiveness to avert punishment."

I have sympathy for it but I believe Lisa needs to explore why she laughs at everything she says and put a stop to it.  I don't think she's truly amused, I think she's not dealing with some aspect of her life.  I like LisaR, she seems to be a very nice lady but the constant laughing comes off as insincere and to me speaks to a bigger issue.

IMO, LisaR is joking around with the producer that is asking her questions when they film her TH segments, hence the laughter.

• Love 8

Thank you I thought I was the only one who thought all the hoopla of telling Anwar to move was just over the top.  Geez. She misses her daughter and doesn't see her as often. Down to comparing the size of hearts on the envelope is just way bizarre to me. Not. That. Serious.

I actually thought it could have been because GiGi is the oldest and she was sort of making it like this official meeting.

• Love 7

Has anyone watched this video from Bravo's site which shows what goes into making the talking heads? It shows  how the ladies may sometimes wear sweat pants while looking glamorous above the waist. It gives a bit of insight in how it goes down and the interaction between the ladies and the person they are talking to:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-4/videos/heres-what-really-goes-into-those

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

It's always a good idea to be sure your affairs are in order before undergoing general anesthesia (Joan Rivers comes to mind).  Don't ask me why I'm giving Yo the benefit of the doubt (that's just my way I guess) but I wonder if, at that point in time Yo knew the divorce was imminent and was wary of post-mortem shenanigans on David's part, so she wanted to (1) make sure the kids had a copy of everything before David's lawyers had a chance to tamper with it and (2) immortalize that fact on film. 

The actual will wasn't shown, nor were any of her decrees discussed so this would be completely useless if David's lawyers for some reason wanted to "tamper" with her will. But more importantly her own lawyer would have a copy. And the idea that David would go after HER money in some nefarious scheme seems bizarre, at least to me.

I don't think the scene was that bad though. She's a drama queen sure but they all are. And her kids have benefitted from it, at least in that kardashian sense of it bringing them fame.

• Love 4

Has anyone watched this video from Bravo's site which shows what goes into making the talking heads? It shows  how the ladies may sometimes wear sweat pants while looking glamorous above the waist. It gives a bit of insight in how it goes down and the interaction between the ladies and the person they are talking to:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-4/videos/heres-what-really-goes-into-those

LOL, that was funny! I wished they, Lisa, Eileen Kyle and Lisa, would have mentioned the producer asking them questions DURING the TH but I guess they can't break that pesky 4th wall....although LisaV almost did when she said they sit a "gossip" before filming starts! LOL

• Love 2

It's always a good idea to be sure your affairs are in order before undergoing general anesthesia (Joan Rivers comes to mind).  Don't ask me why I'm giving Yo the benefit of the doubt (that's just my way I guess) but I wonder if, at that point in time Yo knew the divorce was imminent and was wary of post-mortem shenanigans on David's part, so she wanted to (1) make sure the kids had a copy of everything before David's lawyers had a chance to tamper with it and (2) immortalize that fact on film. 

Yes, of course it's always a good idea to have affairs in order.  And yes, keeping children of that age informed is also a good idea.  The issue lots of us are having, though, is that she chose to do it on camera.  Complete with a tearful and choked-up "Take care of my Mommy".  So unnecessarily dramatic, and very clearly for airtime.  A conversation like that is extremely sensitive and should be handled with care, especially when the parent tends to be emotional and the children are barely adults.  She showed zero sensitivity re how they might react or what their feelings might be.  She was too busy concentrating on her own dramatic performance.

And her elderly mother didn't need to be put through that.  She's battling her own serious illness, and there was no need for her to be subjected to histrionics and TV cameras.  

Interesting timing.  She apparently never felt the need for any of this during her "I am in the perfect marriage and I have the most perfect life" spin.  Now that she's playing herself up as some kind of poor, long-suffering, brave victim, this kind of scene fits in just perfectly.  This woman knows exactly what she's doing.  

If she wanted to immortalize it on film, she could have videotaped it.   No need for Bravo's audience to bear witness.  I'm not sure what we saw that would be helpful to anyone anyway.  She just waved around that envelope and said her kids would be taken care of.  I don't think anyone would assume otherwise.  The idea that David would cut her kids out and grab all of her assets for himself makes no sense to me, and I doubt very much that it's something she fears.  And even if so, Mohammed would certainly be sure his children were protected.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 10

So, no. Bella is not better than any of the other BH kids, in my opinion. Once you get popped for a DUI (and at 17, no less) AND blame it on something like Lyme Disease (seriously?), you lose all respect from me. No matter how "pretty" you are.

I'm glad we're mostly all in agreement that Bella's DWI is absolutely worse than any of Kyle kids' bratty teen behavior! For what it's worth, I said that Kyle's teenagers bug me.  And that I can't hate on Yo's because so far, save Bella's DWI  (I said that a couple times) they've done nothing to bug me.  It was not meant to compare what kids are better than the other's, or whose family is more perfect.

But if we must compare, ;-)  one more way Kyle's kids bug me in comparison to Yo's....In this episode we see the Hadid kids making and serving lunch for their mom and Oma.  Who cares that Gigi calls grilled cheese, 'dippers'? - kid was making risotto at age 6.  Anyway, they all appear to know their way around a kitchen and are willing to cook and serve a meal for their loved ones.  Except perhaps for Anwar who may, or may not, have trouble buttering bread.  But they have fun and productive times in the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Alexia does this. LOL  Imo, asses and animals don't belong on the kitchen counter.  And maybe she has her feet in the sink because their pedicurist makes house calls.  That's just gross.

2015-01-07-the-real-housewives-of-beverl

• Love 8
Imo, asses and animals don't belong on the kitchen counter.

Haha, I've given up on the animal part of this. With two cats, I have no idea where they choose to sit for the 10 hours a day I'm not here, even though they know fully well that if we see them up there they're gonna get a "Hey!" or a "You bad boy!" (the latter, strangely enough, in a super-doting voice from my BF, who has become such a cat dad). Lots of Caroline Manzo-esque counter-wiping over here, just in case. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11

Kyle put a spotlight on Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, a great place that I have a personal connection to.

O, honestly, the idea that Kyle Richards, in any way, put a spotlight on CHLA is a bit of a chuckle. Maybe to a tiny group that never ventures beyond Bravo, poor souls, but CHLA has benefited from star power and endorsement for years, from names that include -- and this is a short list-- Maria Shriver, Elizabeth Taylor, Chris Pratt, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hillary Clinton (who used the place as a stump spot for BillyBoy back before the '92 election) and Kirk and Anne Douglas (huge philanthropists worthy of accolade). It's also been a whistle stop for the annual Children's Miracle Network Telethon, hosted by crazy bewigged Marie Osmond (whose insane cackle is reminiscent of Rinna's.)  

Kyle did host a 2013 fundraiser at her boutique, which I remember because it made the show. Did she ever host another -- make it an annual event on behalf of (dramatic pause)  the children? To paraphrase Yolanda from long ago: when it comes to CHLA, who is Kyle Richards?

• Love 6

Lisa Vanderpump suffers from refusing to give into the fact as she has gotten older she has less hair and the hair she has probably has quite a lot of color and perm or straightener, is damaged from the combination and not amenable to recovery with the use of deep conditioners.  I know it is an unpopular stance but it may be time for LVP to go the way of Yolanda and cut her hair and let it grow back in a healthier fashion. I don't mean she has to stop coloring it. (Yolanda didn't.) I don't know how Lisa would look with short hair but losing the hair (and the caterpillar eyelashes) may have a desirable more youthful appearance.  I don't see Lisa going under the knife anytime soon but she needs to update her looks.

I so agree with this. She looks adorable when she's in a white shirt and jeans and her hair is kind of just up and she doesn't have the lashes (IIRC). She needs to go that direction in as many ways as possible. 

• Love 10

Gigi was actually Yo's own nickname as a child, one which she evidently bequeathed to Jelena - a nuance that illuminates some of the conjecturally obvious psychology that others have picked up on vis-a-vis their relationship. If you Google "Gigi Hadid nickname," there should be returns that provide the extended story: the name took off outside of the Hadid household when Gigi attended kindergarten/elementary school with a classmate named Helena and the teacher needed a way to differentiate the similarities.

• Love 5

O, honestly, the idea that Kyle Richards, in any way, put a spotlight on CHLA is a bit of a chuckle. Maybe to a tiny group that never ventures beyond Bravo, poor souls, but CHLA has benefited from star power and endorsement for years, from names that include -- and this is a short list-- Maria Shriver, Elizabeth Taylor, Chris Pratt, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hillary Clinton (who used the place as a stump spot for BillyBoy back before the '92 election) and Kirk and Anne Douglas (huge philanthropists worthy of accolade). It's also been a whistle stop for the annual Children's Miracle Network Telethon, hosted by crazy bewigged Marie Osmond (whose insane cackle is reminiscent of Rinna's.)

I am fully aware of all the people who have contributed to CHLA over the years. I am going way back when I say since 1973. I won't go into details, but I had a loved one who was a patient there over the years until they passed away. I know of many celebs who contributed to that hospital and didn't get any recognition for their contribution because many times they don't seek it. Kyle put a moment of it on this show, but that is not a reflection of what she and Mauricio have done outside of the show when it comes to this charity. I can't tell you how much that money she raised could go to the families who have children there. I know, because my loved one benefited from those who donated to the hospital. My loved one met several celebrities while he was a patient there throughout the years. Those celebs donated toys and their time. Some just visited. The smile they brought to my loved one's face is something I will always cherish.  As for Children's Miracle Network, my husband does volunteer work to raise money for that particular charity. He may not raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the occasional $1,000 he raises every year is appreciated by those who see to it that it goes where it is needed. Kyle, or any person who puts in any amount of time for charity, is appreciated. Even Brandi, who donated her time to do the modeling of clothes at Kyle's benefit did something for those kids, like my loved one. I am sure the families at CHLA appreciate every single penny that comes their way to help them with out-of-pocket costs.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 21

Kyle did host a 2013 fundraiser at her boutique, which I remember because it made the show. Did she ever host another -- make it an annual event on behalf of (dramatic pause)  the children? To paraphrase Yolanda from long ago: when it comes to CHLA, who is Kyle Richards?

First off she and Mauricio donate a boatload of money and are part of the circle of giving or whatever it is called.  She also held another fundraiser for the movie night for the kids which provides a red carpet experience for the kids at the hospital.  There have been two other events not featured on the show at an annual May event where Kyle and Camille have been a party to and raised money.

What exactly has Yolanda done for Lyme Disease?  She has accepted honors but I don't see or read of contributions or fundraisers on her part.  Much like LVP, Camille, Adrienne, Lisar and Kyle these women have been part of charities that they receive no direct benefit.  Don't see Brandi or Kim on the list either.  I will say this David Foster is incredibly generous but was before and after Yolanda.

• Love 17

Being the huge animal lover that she is, I'm pretty sure Lisa has all the bases covered when it comes to her pets.

I just watched a Nat Geo program about animals in combat and they showed how swans have bones at the tips of their wings that are so powerful that they could break a man's leg. Having swans as pets is just pretentious and obnoxious. Swans aren't the type of pet that can be easily domesticated. They're aggressive and squirt giant pools of liquid feces. The way Lisa V was talking to 'Hanky' (or was that Panky?) was just embarrassing watching her telling her big swan to be loving.  I think that Erika and Lisa V. will eventually reach a stand-off. Seriously Lisa, do you think Erika cares if pink is your color and she can't have it?  Think again sweetie.

• Love 10

I so agree with this. She looks adorable when she's in a white shirt and jeans and her hair is kind of just up and she doesn't have the lashes (IIRC). She needs to go that direction in as many ways as possible. 

I'm beginning to see Lisa Vanderpump eventually morphing into the Carol Burnett character Nora Desmond.

tumblr_mes2nkObQW1qcp26yo9_250.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

I think racism is too strong a word for what she said.       Ignorant, for sure. Stupid for sure.

What I think was racist, a racial slur to be specific was when RHOC Vicki used a horrible name for Asians.    Now that was racist and....stupid and ignorant.

Tis very true and unfortunately what we've come to expect from miss vicki

• Love 3

I just watched a Nat Geo program about animals in combat and they showed how swans have bones at the tips of their wings that are so powerful that they could break a man's leg. Having swans as pets is just pretentious and obnoxious. Swans aren't the type of pet that can be easily domesticated. They're aggressive and squirt giant pools of liquid feces. The way Lisa V was talking to 'Hanky' (or was that Panky?) was just embarrassing watching her telling her big swan to be loving.  I think that Erika and Lisa V. will eventually reach a stand-off. Seriously Lisa, do you think Erika cares if pink is your color and she can't have it?  Think again sweetie.

Yes! I think that there are two kinds of "animal lovers" -

1. Oh I love animals, I have 5 dogs and I love to go to the zoo and the petting zoo and the dolphin show! I wish I could have a pet lion!

2. I love animals, I care about their well-being, I don't want to see them suffer. I would never own a wild animal because they don't belong in my environment for my amusement. I have respect for sentient living beings.

I think the vanderpumps are in the 1st category. They mean well but truly loving and respecting animals means not finding animals bred for our amusement. Or holding a swan like a baby, asking it to be nice.

Remember that Chris Rock bit, when he said, "Sigfried and Roy's tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went TIGER!"

• Love 17

I am fully aware of all the people who have contributed to CHLA over the years. I am going way back when I say since 1973. I won't go into details, but I had a loved one who was a patient there over the years until they passed away. 

Truly sorry for your loss. I'm sure your loved one received top-drawer care.

I know of many celebs who contributed to that hospital and didn't get any recognition for their contribution because many times they don't seek it. Kyle put a moment of it on this show, but that is not a reflection of what she and Mauricio have done outside of the show when it comes to this charity

ITA with you that philanthropy is a noble cause. Kyle and Maurice may well have contributed $50K, $100K, even $250K. I'm sure it's on the CHLA website, since large donors are recognized by name. Actually I'm surprised one of this thread's always-eager researchers didn't rush to look it up.

The smile they brought to my loved one's face is something I will always cherish.

A beautiful memory!

As for Children's Miracle Network, my husband does volunteer work to raise money for that particular charity. He may not raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the occasional $1,000 he raises every year is appreciated by those who see to it that it goes where it is needed.

That's good of him and I'm sure his efforts make a difference.

I agree with you that raising funds for CHLA is a good thing -- all I disagreed with was --

Kyle put a spotlight on Children's Hospital of Los Angeles

-- because that place is recognized globally and has been for many years. Why would someone from beyond the SoCal environs care about Kyle Richards or think her efforts have cast marvelous light on CHLA unless 1) they watch the show, which goes back to my comment upthread or 2) they have a child being transferred to CHLA for specialty pediatric care not available in their hometowns (and if that's the case, I imagine they've got more on their mind that Kyle). That's all.  And the  fashion show fundraiser? Meh, it probably cast more of a spotlight on her boutique than the target for funds raised.

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 5

Has anyone watched this video from Bravo's site which shows what goes into making the talking heads? It shows how the ladies may sometimes wear sweat pants while looking glamorous above the waist. It gives a bit of insight in how it goes down and the interaction between the ladies and the person they are talking to:

I hadn't seen this. Thanks for sharing it!

A tad late to the conversation but how in the world is mocking someone's accent, particularly in reference to an offensive stereotype, NOT racist? I normally like LisaR and her obnoxiousness but she was just off base with that. And just because she has known the waxer forever and considers her a friend does not mean they are on equal footing. This woman is still waxing assholes (literally and figuratively, apparently) after 17 years, she is probably not in any type of place of power. I wish people would be more open minded with these types of discussions instead of acting like someone being called racist is the wooooooorst thing everrrrr, how do you insinuate that, I have black friends!!!111!! Give me a freaking break, if you don't want to be called racist don't say racist shit. 

Edited by potato
  • Love 16

I didn't know the "love you long time" thing, but if anything, it just shows how tacky and immature Lisa R. is. I don't think she's racist, l don't think it came from a place of hatred, just a way for her to say something stupid and then laugh hysterically and bounce up and down and show how cute and funny and youthful she is. And employable (to work as an entertainer at retirement homes and nursing homes).

I love all the BH kids. They are so sweet and just kids. I know Bella got a DUI, but that shouldn't define her or her family. She appears to be firmly punished and Yolanda made it very clear that what she did was 1000% wrong. In fact, since David Foster was the one in her care when it happened, I wonder if some of the animosity between them stems from that. It was his job to make sure she was supervised, as she was only 17. In any case, I like the BH kids, but the OC kids make my skin crawl with the obnoxious things they said. Remember horrifying Shane and Michael, Jane Cutin's girls, and ugh, Ryan? The way some of those kids treated each other and their family was terrible and gross. On BH, all the siblings seem to get along and be close, which I love to see. The ear piercing didn't bother me at all, if anything, I thought it was sweet that the whole family went together and did it together. Those memories bond siblings and are special and I loved how they all surrounded Porsha and supported her. Yes, it was an earring, but to me it shows how committed and how much they all love each other. I guess everyone has their own ideas on what constitutes bratty behavior.

Lisa V's animals are probably  happy as can be. Also, I've heard that swans can be domesticated and actually prefer humans to other swans! Swans actually make good pets, it's a unknown though, whether they would prefer to be feral. I'm going to guess that they don't really care.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 8

Yes! I think that there are two kinds of "animal lovers" -

1. Oh I love animals, I have 5 dogs and I love to go to the zoo and the petting zoo and the dolphin show! I wish I could have a pet lion!

2. I love animals, I care about their well-being, I don't want to see them suffer. I would never own a wild animal because they don't belong in my environment for my amusement. I have respect for sentient living beings.

I think the vanderpumps are in the 1st category. They mean well but truly loving and respecting animals means not finding animals bred for our amusement. Or holding a swan like a baby, asking it to be nice.

Remember that Chris Rock bit, when he said, "Sigfried and Roy's tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went TIGER!"

There was a comment on another site about how Lisa's "loving" was detrimental to the swan, i. e., exposure to her cosmetics. I personally have no patience for people who attempt to domesticate wild animals. I don't care for dogs or cats, but, if one was in my care, I would never treat it with the contempt that I have seen some "dog lovers" treat their pets.

A gilded cage is still a cage. And some people just feed their egos with helpless creatures.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 6

I am fully aware of all the people who have contributed to CHLA over the years. I am going way back when I say since 1973. I won't go into details, but I had a loved one who was a patient there over the years until they passed away. I know of many celebs who contributed to that hospital and didn't get any recognition for their contribution because many times they don't seek it. Kyle put a moment of it on this show, but that is not a reflection of what she and Mauricio have done outside of the show when it comes to this charity. I can't tell you how much that money she raised could go to the families who have children there. I know, because my loved one benefited from those who donated to the hospital. My loved one met several celebrities while he was a patient there throughout the years. Those celebs donated toys and their time. Some just visited. The smile they brought to my loved one's face is something I will always cherish.  As for Children's Miracle Network, my husband does volunteer work to raise money for that particular charity. He may not raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the occasional $1,000 he raises every year is appreciated by those who see to it that it goes where it is needed. Kyle, or any person who puts in any amount of time for charity, is appreciated. Even Brandi, who donated her time to do the modeling of clothes at Kyle's benefit did something for those kids, like my loved one. I am sure the families at CHLA appreciate every single penny that comes their way to help them with out-of-pocket costs.

First off she and Mauricio donate a boatload of money and are part of the circle of giving or whatever it is called.  She also held another fundraiser for the movie night for the kids which provides a red carpet experience for the kids at the hospital.  There have been two other events not featured on the show at an annual May event where Kyle and Camille have been a party to and raised money.

What exactly has Yolanda done for Lyme Disease?  She has accepted honors but I don't see or read of contributions or fundraisers on her part.  Much like LVP, Camille, Adrienne, Lisar and Kyle these women have been part of charities that they receive no direct benefit.  Don't see Brandi or Kim on the list either.  I will say this David Foster is incredibly generous but was before and after Yolanda.

Kudo's to them.  Since Yo is keeping count, how much money has she donated to Lyme research, etc.?  How many benefits has her husband performed for Lyme?  You know if there was anything, she'd be the first to instagram or tweet it.   Just another Yo arrogant statement.  One given without thought to facts.  It's her MO.

• Love 7

I didn't know the "love you long time" thing, but if anything, it just shows how tacky and immature Lisa R. is. I don't think she's racist, l don't think it came from a place of hatred, just a way for her to say something stupid and then laugh hysterically and bounce up and down and show how cute and funny and youthful she is. And employable (to work as an entertainer at retirement homes and nursing homes).

I love all the BH kids. They are so sweet and just kids. I know Bella got a DUI, but that shouldn't define her or her family. She appears to be firmly punished and Yolanda made it very clear that what she did was 1000% wrong. In fact, since David Foster was the one in her care when it happened, I wonder if some of the animosity between them stems from that. It was his job to make sure she was supervised, as she was only 17. In any case, I like the BH kids, but the OC kids make my skin crawl with the obnoxious things they said. Remember horrifying Shane and Michael, Jane Cutin's girls, and ugh, Ryan? The way some of those kids treated each other and their family was terrible and gross. On BH, all the siblings seem to get along and be close, which I love to see. The ear piercing didn't bother me at all, if anything, I thought it was sweet that the whole family went together and did it together. Those memories bond siblings and are special and I loved how they all surrounded Porsha and supported her. Yes, it was an earring, but to me it shows how committed and how much they all love each other. I guess everyone has their own ideas on what constitutes bratty behavior.

Lisa V's animals are probably  happy as can be. Also, I've heard that swans can be domesticated and actually prefer humans to other swans! Swans actually make good pets, it's a unknown though, whether they would prefer to be feral. I'm going to guess that they don't really care.

When Yolanda was leaving for trip with Kyle/Mauricio/family, the housekeeper said that SHE would look after Bella since there was no adult in the house, Yolanda told her "No", to allow Bella some freedom/trust because she had "earned it". Now, by this time, before the trip, Bella's DL was already suspended, so I am not sure how she "earned" no adult supervision for a week. I think David was gone most of the time, working in his recording studio in his condo in LA. IMO, Bella should have stayed with her father while Yolanda was out of town, but that is just my opinion. As for her getting "punished", Yolanda backed off of everything she said she was going to do to Bella grounding/punishment wise within 1-2 weeks. NOW, both Yolanda and Bella are blaming LD for the DUI. No, 1 DUI should not define any kid, but then again when that kid blames someone/something else for THEIR DUI, they have learned NOTHING IMO and that is exactly what Bella is doing.

ETA, Swans, like Geese, make good "watch dogs". They will go after anyone that comes into their territory and they do it very loudly. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

Kudo's to them.  Since Yo is keeping count, how much money has she donated to Lyme research, etc.?  How many benefits has her husband performed for Lyme?  You know if there was anything, she'd be the first to instagram or tweet it.   Just another Yo arrogant statement.  One given without thought to facts.  It's her MO.

I haven't read anything (including her tweets/IG) about her donating any money or helping raise any money for LD and I haven't read anything about David doing any LD benefits either....SOOOO the answer would be $0! 

• Love 3

I agree. I call my toddler granddaughter, Boo....which is nothing like her real name. I actually love GiGi's given name....it's very beautiful.

I disagree about Lisa V's hair. I think it looks full and lovely. I'm 56 and no way am I cutting my hair short. My daughter is a hairdresser, and she keeps my hair colored and styled nicely.

• Love 8

An FYI for anyone who hasn't read Bella's reference to her DUI:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/bella-hadid-i-still-feel-awkward-taking-a-selfie-sometimes-it-feels-a-little-weird-a3123476.html#

Maybe her explanation wasn't fully 'explained' in the article.  I don't know if she's blaming Lyme.  She says she was in a dark place.   She obviously was drinking and driving.  Was that OK?  Of course not.  But then I'm of the life is gray reality.  She screwed up.  Should she be condemned for the rest of her life for it?  No.  I know others will adamantly disagree.  The other disturbing thing is that her mother has her taking 30 pills every day.  Note to Yo:  You talk in your blog about putting things in your body and the harm that can be done.  Um. Same goes for supplements. 

My other random thought.  When talking to your children, who says 'take care of my mommy'?  I wouldn't....ever.  It's their grandmother.  'Take care of your grandmother or grandma or oma'  Maybe it's a language thing?  I just don't get it.  But I don't get Yo.  At all.  I'm not even going into the hypocrisy of that statement.  Where were you Yo when your mother was diagnosed with cancer?

• Love 12

To me, a 17 year old getting a DUI is 90% of the time about the parents more than the kid. Can it happen to some kids whose parents supervise them closely? Sure. Or can a really good kid make good choices with little to no parental supervision? Sure. But I don't think that's the case with Bella and Yolanda. Just wonder how often her kids have been left unsupervised or in the hands of nannies.

• Love 4

I know a person whose life was turned upside down due to lymes so I am loath to snark on her. I did not know her well but I caught myself mentally rolling my eyes at her a few times. I never said anything to anybody and I am glad I didn't. Her husband ended up leaving her. She did not often look sick and I struggled with compassion toward her, but looking back I do think she struggled greatly with feeling sick.While at a party with this woman there was another woman with Lymes, now this lady really annoyed the crap out of me. She had a billion food allergies and loved talking about them all because of her Lymes. In her case her family got it too. They all got tick bites while camping on a vacation.

• Love 6

An FYI for anyone who hasn't read Bella's reference to her DUI:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/bella-hadid-i-still-feel-awkward-taking-a-selfie-sometimes-it-feels-a-little-weird-a3123476.html#

Maybe her explanation wasn't fully 'explained' in the article.  I don't know if she's blaming Lyme.  She says she was in a dark place.   She obviously was drinking and driving.  Was that OK?  Of course not.  But then I'm of the life is gray reality.  She screwed up.  Should she be condemned for the rest of her life for it?  No.  I know others will adamantly disagree.  The other disturbing thing is that her mother has her taking 30 pills every day.  Note to Yo:  You talk in your blog about putting things in your body and the harm that can be done.  Um. Same goes for supplements. 

My other random thought.  When talking to your children, who says 'take care of my mommy'?  I wouldn't....ever.  It's their grandmother.  'Take care of your grandmother or grandma or oma'  Maybe it's a language thing?  I just don't get it.  But I don't get Yo.  At all.  I'm not even going into the hypocrisy of that statement.  Where were you Yo when your mother was diagnosed with cancer?

I think the Bella is definitely making the connection between her driving and Lyme Disease.  The author of the article makes it sound as if dark place driving was "reported as a DUI".  I don't how Bella saw the light.  I think Bella intolerance to IV antibiotics has more to do with the fact no physician will prescribe them for her.  I think  it is unfortunate that Yolanda has dragged her kids down this rabbit hole excuse factory.  Yolanda's first season on the show-when Bella would have been a junior in high school, she blamed finances on not being able to provide Bella with more than one horse.  All of sudden it is Bella was too weak, disoriented to take care of her horse (um much like her pig sty of a car she could not drive) too many explanations for maybe the simple reason that Bella did not want the pressure or have the talent to be an Olympic Equestrian.  I mean, should could have taken her Olympic father's route and wherein he created a one man speed ski team for Jordan and was allowed to compete. http://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/20/sports/olympics-construction-was-slow-so.html  

• Love 6

To me, a 17 year old getting a DUI is 90% of the time about the parents more than the kid. Can it happen to some kids whose parents supervise them closely? Sure. Or can a really good kid make good choices with little to no parental supervision? Sure. But I don't think that's the case with Bella and Yolanda. Just wonder how often her kids have been left unsupervised or in the hands of nannies.

At the time of her DUI Yolanda was finishing up a multi  week vacation in Turkey, Holland and Spain.  The step dad and Dad were in their respective homes and apparently didn't think much of letting a sickly, 17 year old, with a suspended license drive around.  Bella was arrested at 4:00 for DUI or being in a dark place driving.  In all fairness she was about four weeks away to moving to New York and being on her own. 

• Love 1

This was very interesting and too short.  I wanted more. I am shocked they go to such extreme lengths to get the correct lighting etc.  They do not just move a sofa  they rearrange entire rooms.  

I have always assumed they did all of those talks the same day because they wore the same clothes.  Apparently not.  Good find, thanks.  

• Love 4
I just watched a Nat Geo program about animals in combat and they showed how swans have bones at the tips of their wings that are so powerful that they could break a man's leg. Having swans as pets is just pretentious and obnoxious. Swans aren't the type of pet that can be easily domesticated. They're aggressive and squirt giant pools of liquid feces. The way Lisa V was talking to 'Hanky' (or was that Panky?) was just embarrassing watching her telling her big swan to be loving.

While I admit to not having seen any documentaries about swans and am not about to give an opinion on whether swans are or are not appropriate pets, I will ask what any of this info above has to do with what we saw -- which was, if I remember correctly, a swan being handled respectfully and skillfully by its owners (and, again, I'm not discussing whether or not a swan should have residential owners), a swan being provided with veterinary care, a swan that seemed comfortable in his surroundings and is well taken care of.

We did not see:

• projectile liquid feces--not saying it's not there, just that it seems like a silly thing to cite here; all pets poop in one way or another

• problematic aggressive behavior, even though the swan was ill

• legs or any other limbs being broken by the swan's wing bones

Why is it embarrassing to talk to a pet (and especially why would it be to a third-party and complete stranger watching it on TV)? Who doesn't do that? If that's crazy behavior, I and everyone I know pretty much are ready for the nuthouse.

As a preemptive strike, I'll say again that I know nothing about whether it is respectful to a swan or sensible to have it as a pet, so that is not what prompted my post. Just saying I saw no evidence proving that Lisa has swans for nefarious reasons, or hasn't thought it through/gone through the proper channels, whatever (or if at all) those may be, or that she is mistreating them. And also that I'd find it much weirder for someone NOT to talk to an animal in their care. 

ETA: From the Adopt a Pet website:

What Does a Swan Need in Order to Be Healthy?

Swans are social creatures just like us and will desire to spend time in the same room with you (and family) during the day and evening. It’s important to provide a Swan with lot of natural light, as well as give them plenty of opportunities for exercise, which they can get by jumping and hanging, or flying indoors (or a sheltered aviary). Birds eat a variety of foods including seeds, pellets, grains, beans, fruits, and vegetables. Swan will eat periodically throughout the day and will create a mess around their eating areas. Most birds will also want to vocalize their presence so be prepared for chirping, squawking, and in some cases talking. It’s all to get engaged socially. Very important! Swans are sensitive to air pollution, and will need fresh air. If you smoke please do not adopt a Swan as the negative effects of second hand smoke are amplified for birds because with every breath they renew 100% of the air from their lungs. Finally, immediately after adopting a Swan find a local veterinarian who can give the Swan checkups, and diagnose any major issues.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 14

I did enjoy Lisa's scenes with Hanky.

In previous scenes, both on this show and Vanderpump Rules Hanky poops a lot. I was surprised he didn't poop all over Lisa on the way to the vet. The carrier they put him in at the end of the visit was too small for him.

Lisa R getting herself waxed. I thought Harry liked it hairy. The only positive thing I can say about this scene is at least it wasn't Kyle. She's already been waxed twice on this franchise - and at least Lisa didn't give details of being Kojaked.

Erika - gave us Pat The Puss, and Suck A Dick....nothing this week. I would have loved Yolanda to say the anti botox statement in front of Erika and her entertainment crew. Especially, what's his face the choreographer from the PussyCat Dolls. I finally figured out what was different about him - he stopped with the bubblegum pink lip gloss.

Yolanda - how did you get up the hill at your house in Malibu? She told them her will was in her safe. Totally horrible of her to bring this up in front of the cameras and a day before she is flying for her surgery if it was NO big deal...and then telling them to take care of her mom. Now was she putting this in her wall safe at home? If so, do the kids have the combination? If she was putting this in the bank safe...none of them would have access to this unless their name was on account. If Yolanda truly has been getting more and more sick...her will should have been updated long ago with an advanced directive. A will also has an executor which I doubt would be assigned to any of the kids.. I can see her will saying...I leave every ting to my beautiful, supermodel daughter, Gigi. Gigi, my love, mommy loves you, you do what ever you want and it is up to you what you give to the other ones. The only thing I ask is that you don't eat more than 2 almonds a day and chew them very slowly...don't eat anything else.

The only positive thing I can say about the Yolanda scenes is that at least she wasn't wearing her Superhero Bathrobe cape. Her superpower would be MartyrDumb.

Oh when Yolanda mentioned her kids having Lymes Disease in front of Lisa V...I wonder if Lisa booked over to Mohammed's or called him immediately after the get together

• Love 8

I understand your point, but I would say Lisa's girls' snotty behavior and Kyle's girls' melodrama isn't nearly as bad as Bella's DUI. YMMV, of course. I actually think Kyle's kids are pretty good.

I don't know that any of the kids on these shows has ever done anything as bratty as what Bella did. For me, the drunk driving thing is just the most horrendous. I would much prefer to see a kid throw a fit about an ear piercing then get behind the wheel of a car when drunk. I also believe that Bella was bratty on many other occasions, if the letter that Yo wrote to her is to be believed. Dirty underwear in her car? How lazy/entitled/clueless would you have to be to have something like this in your car with the liquor and pill bottles? Impossible for me to wrap my mind around and it certainly speaks to there being some major problems with regard to Bella and her behavior.

Having said that, I still like Yo's kids for the most part. What I like about them is the same thing I like about Kyle's kids. I like that they seem to enjoy and like each other, and they love their parents. For me that goes 100% to parenting. Some people think it's important for their kids to be close; some don't put a big emphasis on it. It seems to me that both Kyle and Yo put a great deal of importance on their kids loving each other and I completely dig that. Even if some of these kids act like brats from time to time, they all seem to really love and respect their parents. It is such a nice change from the OC show where most all of the teenagers seemed to hate their sibling/parents.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10
The carrier they put him in at the end of the visit was too small for him.

I wondered about that too--was it their carrier, or one that the vet has there for people who don't crate animals in the car? But I always think crates seem too small at a glance, but sometimes vets say that it's fine and often better that the animal feel "snug" (but not cramped, if that makes sense) in a carrier, especially if the trip stresses them out.

• Love 4

I did enjoy Lisa's scenes with Hanky.

In previous scenes, both on this show and Vanderpump Rules Hanky poops a lot. I was surprised he didn't poop all over Lisa on the way to the vet. The carrier they put him in at the end of the visit was too small for him.

Lisa R getting herself waxed. I thought Harry liked it hairy. The only positive thing I can say about this scene is at least it wasn't Kyle. She's already been waxed twice on this franchise - and at least Lisa didn't give details of being Kojaked.

Erika - gave us Pat The Puss, and Suck A Dick....nothing this week. I would have loved Yolanda to say the anti botox statement in front of Erika and her entertainment crew. Especially, what's his face the choreographer from the PussyCat Dolls. I finally figured out what was different about him - he stopped with the bubblegum pink lip gloss.

Yolanda - how did you get up the hill at your house in Malibu? She told them her will was in her safe. Totally horrible of her to bring this up in front of the cameras and a day before she is flying for her surgery if it was NO big deal...and then telling them to take care of her mom. Now was she putting this in her wall safe at home? If so, do the kids have the combination? If she was putting this in the bank safe...none of them would have access to this unless their name was on account. If Yolanda truly has been getting more and more sick...her will should have been updated long ago with an advanced directive. A will also has an executor which I doubt would be assigned to any of the kids.. I can see her will saying...I leave every ting to my beautiful, supermodel daughter, Gigi. Gigi, my love, mommy loves you, you do what ever you want and it is up to you what you give to the other ones. The only thing I ask is that you don't eat more than 2 almonds a day and chew them very slowly...don't eat anything else.

The only positive thing I can say about the Yolanda scenes is that at least she wasn't wearing her Superhero Bathrobe cape. Her superpower would be MartyrDumb.

Oh when Yolanda mentioned her kids having Lymes Disease in front of Lisa V...I wonder if Lisa booked over to Mohammed's or called him immediately after the get together

That's so mean. Please give Yo some credit. GiGi is allowed a lemon too, for goodness sake.

• Love 4

A little levity  http://www.trashtalktv.com/12/24/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-tinycap-hankys-shoe-review/376132/  I think my favorite part was about David asking Yolanda to go for a walk while they are in the middle of a lake, David claims hilarious, and the comment  was, "think about it."  I thought they were yachting on the ocean off Victoria Island.  There is quite a bit about Erika.

Ya, they were on a yacht just off Vancouver Island.  David is from Victoria and is back here very often. 

• Love 4