Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Med Spoilers & Speculation

ESS
  • Start Topic

Spoiler

Someone on Chicago Med's facebook is saying that it's the doc that keeps asking Reese for meds. He jumps off the roof and kills himself. Causing Reese to feel guilty and go back to working in the ER instead of for Dr. Charles in the psych department.

Don't know how correct they are. But, I thought this was an interesting tidbit.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:47 PM, Ryan Chamberlain said:
  Hide contents

Someone on Chicago Med's facebook is saying that it's the doc that keeps asking Reese for meds. He jumps off the roof and kills himself. Causing Reese to feel guilty and go back to working in the ER instead of for Dr. Charles in the psych department.

Don't know how correct they are. But, I thought this was an interesting tidbit.

Oh, yeah.. It's totally him. He's the same doctor who came in drunk and has shown other signs of being distressed.

• Love 1
On 3/17/2017 at 6:40 PM, statsgirl said:

Another doctor with Daddy issues?  Jeez, doesn't anyone in that hospital have a normal relationship with their parents, or child in Charles' case?

Actually, the little snippet we've been given from Chicago PD shows that Will might have a normal relationship with Papa Halstead - it's Jay who hasn't spoken to him in years. 

Does anyone know if Anna from Chicago Fire be joining the cast of Med?  

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Does anyone know if Anna from Chicago Fire be joining the cast of Med?  

You see, I read that somewhere and I can't remember where, but it pisses me off because I stopped watching Fire a couple of seasons ago, I don't watch P.D and I don't watch Justice. But apparently, some new chick that has never been seen on Med is supposedly becoming a series regular on here, talked about in relations to Kelly Severide's new romance with her, and it wasn't even officially announced yet for Med? I hope that it's not true. I wish I remembered where I read it. 

I had to look up who the hell Anna is. At least I know the actress and know that she's capable, but the fact that I had to look her up speaks volumes. Oh, I guess she was a nurse who did have cancer or something? Ok? 

I guess this is a downside to not watching the entire quartet. Things get left out and then we're expected to know who these people are and their importance. I'm really hoping that if the thing about this Anna joining Med is true, they actually introduce her properly instead of the show assuming that we know who she is and why she's important. Most of the time, I find that these shows don't do it. I had no idea about the April/Severide connection until the crossover earlier this season, because I didn't watch that season of Chicago Fire. I luckily knew about Jeff because I had watched his season on Fire, not that it's been brought up on this show at all that he has firefighting experience. 

Can I just say that I really wish she would stay on Fire if only because the only other cross-Chicago romance I'm familiar with, Antonio and Brett, was a flaming ball of stupid? I actually really like her with Severide and want them to develop that relationship even more. Otherwise, she would probably be a welcome addition to Med to me.

22 hours ago, mehtotheworld said:

Can I just say that I really wish she would stay on Fire if only because the only other cross-Chicago romance I'm familiar with, Antonio and Brett, was a flaming ball of stupid? 

I agree that Antonio and Brett didn't work, but Mouch and Platt do.

The little I've seen of Anna on Fire, and I don't know the actress, is that she can act circles around many of the actors on Med imo, so better to keep her off for their sakes. She works nicely on Fire and has very nice chemistry with Severide imo.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

I think one of  the reasons Mouch and Platt work is because they're both more minor characters on their shows and so their relationship doesn't have much impact or even much time spent on it.  Severide is one of the leads of Fire so his relationships take up a lot of storytime.

I don't see how it could work if Anna was to appear on Med -- she'd either have to be crossing over to Fire all the time or Severide would have to cross over to Med.  I think they're better keeping it this way with Anna on Fire and never appearing on Med because if she were, we'd be asking all the time where is she?  Brett can get away with being on Med occasionally because she's a paramedic and can drop in and drop out but we would be expecting Anna to at least be in some of the Med plots if she ever appeared on the show.

From the description for ep 2x21

Dr. Charles asks Sarah to conduct his daughter Robin's psych evaluation but has difficulty staying out of the case. When Will and Dr. Manning spend more time together at work, Nina goes to extreme measures to get Will's attention. Meanwhile, Dr. Choi puts pressure on Noah when a residency spot becomes available.

What is happening to this show?

Why would Dr. Charles ask someone who's been a resident for a bare handful of months, and not a particularly good resident at that,  do the psych evaluations on his daughter?  Why not ask someone who is experienced and the best in the field to be the one to treat his family member?

Is Choi thinking of Noah for the residency spot that came open because that resident (whose name I can't remember) jumped?  Isn't Noah still a 4th med student, and not even as good as Jeff?

I'm expecting them to have Nina start boiling bunnies, they're so desperate to make Nina look bad so they can have Halstead and Manning together.  Poor Patty Murin.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Choi thinking of Noah for the residency spot that came open because that resident (whose name I can't remember) jumped?  Isn't Noah still a 4th med student, and not even as good as Jeff?

Because I guess Noah's going to become a regular over Jeff because...Noah/Sarah romance coming next season? Which is still bullshit. Jeff is ten times better than Noah in every single way. I can't wait for the explanation on why Noah, though. I bet it'll be bullshit.

Yeah, Sarah performing the psych evaluation on Robyn makes no sense. I'd think Dr. Charles would only want the best of the best for his daughter, not whatever she can get, or having it as some sort of teaching moment. On any other patient that Dr. Charles can remain objective about to help Sarah out if she needs it? Yes. But on his own daughter, where he can't remain objective and diagnose her properly? No.

• Love 4

The only reason I can see for making Noah a regular over Jeff is because he's younger and everyone else on the show except for Sarah seem to be in their thirties of older.  I wish they would have made April a med student though as she was when she was introduced on Chicago Fire.

I hope they don't destroy Nina too much, and have her at least recurring next season.

They definitely are going to be at least showcasing Noah more, if not having him be a regular... Just today, on their Facebook page, the show linked to an NBC official  "One Chicago" fan site saying polling for the "official Reese + Noah ship name." Blech! What do they think their viewership consists of? Teenagers? I know we give names on the forums of various shows here but that is much more for convenience then a deliberate consideration. 

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:56 PM, statsgirl said:

From the description for ep 2x21

What is happening to this show?

Why would Dr. Charles ask someone who's been a resident for a bare handful of months, and not a particularly good resident at that,  do the psych evaluations on his daughter?  Why not ask someone who is experienced and the best in the field to be the one to treat his family member?

I'm expecting them to have Nina start boiling bunnies, they're so desperate to make Nina look bad so they can have Halstead and Manning together.  Poor Patty Murin.

I have no idea what is happening to this show; I'm losing interest though and might not be back next season if they keep going the way they are.

It makes no sense for Dr. Charles to ask Sarah to do the evaluation, other then DRAMA!!! That only reason I can see Robin & Dr. Charles wanting Sarah to do the evaluation is to some how keep it on the down low. idk Seems like a stupid storyline IMO.

I've felt like Jeff was on borrowed time ever since the writers broke him and Natalie up. He really was only brought on to be a love interest for Natalie. However, saying that I want Jeff to be a regular over Noah. Noah sucks. This romance between Noah & Sarah sucks.

I agree that the writers are going to keep portraying Nina in a bad light in hopes that people will be Team Natalie. Yeah not going to happen. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 1

I think that Jeff, like Nina, was brought on only to stall Halstead and Manning's epic love story.  It's my bad luck that I prefer Halstead with Nina.  Jeff deserves better than "I'm going to break up with you because you wanted to be with me for years" Manning though.

• Love 5
On 4/23/2017 at 7:55 AM, starri said:

I hate the concept of shipping with a fiery passion.

And I hate the idea that every couple must have a portmanteau even worse.

I suppose I don't entirely hate shipping, but the portmanteau - totally agree!!

I completely understand the concept of liking a couple and rooting for them.  I just think some people take it to extremes.  But I first noticed that I thought people focused way too much energy on it with Carol and Doug on ER back in the halcyon days of USENET.

And the portmanteaux are...look, when we've reached the point where people create one for two former members of One Direction who aren't a couple, or even gay, we've taken it way too far.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, mysticalflute said:

This isn't really a spoiler, but Patti Murin (Nina) has been cast in Broadway's version of Frozen as Anna, so I highly doubt she'll be back next year. The show opens in Denver in August of this year.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/188280/frozen-musical-announces-full-broadway-lead-casting/

That's a great opportunity for her, but it'll be rough to live in separate cities.  It doesn't look like her husband is leaving the show too. 

10 minutes ago, mysticalflute said:

This isn't really a spoiler, but Patti Murin (Nina) has been cast in Broadway's version of Frozen as Anna, so I highly doubt she'll be back next year. The show opens in Denver in August of this year.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/188280/frozen-musical-announces-full-broadway-lead-casting/

Well, according to that article, the show IS only from the middle of August to the very beginning of October so Patti will probably get the chance to come back as Nina in the middle of next season. She definitely won't get to come back for the first six or seven episodes of season 3, but once the show's done, she'll be back. 

4 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

That's a great opportunity for her, but it'll be rough to live in separate cities.  It doesn't look like her husband is leaving the show too. 

It'll probably suck for a bit, but it will be two months, at most, and I'm sure Patti or Colin will fly to see each other on their days off. It could have definitely been longer and I'm sure they accounted for the long distance. I'm happy for Patti either way. This is a huge opportunity and it's not like the show's for many months. Including rehearsals, they'll really only be away from each other for a little over two months. And then once the play opens in Broadway, it'll be next year, so filming for Chicago Med would be done. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, according to that article, the show IS only from the middle of August to the very beginning of October so Patti will probably get the chance to come back as Nina in the middle of next season. She definitely won't get to come back for the first six or seven episodes of season 3, but once the show's done, she'll be back. 

It'll probably suck for a bit, but it will be two months, at most, and I'm sure Patti or Colin will fly to see each other on their days off. It could have definitely been longer and I'm sure they accounted for the long distance. I'm happy for Patti either way. This is a huge opportunity and it's not like the show's for many months. Including rehearsals, they'll really only be away from each other for a little over two months. And then once the play opens in Broadway, it'll be next year, so filming for Chicago Med would be done. 

That is unless the show and the cast gets picked up for a Broadway run. Which, considering it's Frozen, is entirely possible. They just did it with Anastasia and they've done it with Aladdin and Cinderella in the past.

Season finale spoilers

Spoiler

CHICAGO MED

PRE-FINALE: Despite their recent relationship break, Will and Natalie “wind up reconnecting,” executive producer Andrew Schneider reveals. Meanwhile, the flirtation between Connor and Ava is far from over. “There’s longing on both their parts, but a lot of resistance on both their parts,” the EP says. Connor also has to contend with “a very emotional” incident involving a patient, EP Diane Frolov adds. As for April and Ethan, his sister Emily starts to “become the problem in their relationship,” per Schneider.

SEASON FINALE (MAY 15): “We set up this separation surgery on these conjoined twins, and that’s a lot of the last episode,” Schneider previews. But that’s not all that’s in store: There’s “a big surprise with Will and Natalie,” Frolov shares, as well as a cliffhanger in regards to April and Ethan’s romance. Plus, the storyline between Dr. Charles, Sarah and her father comes to a climax, while Goodwin struggles with the board about finances at the hospital.

I've never watched this show further than about 6 or 7 episodes at the start of the first season;  and other than getting to see Colin Donnell act, I've missed absolutely nothing.

Been checking the synopsis & episodes reactions on here, and after reading the spoilers for the approaching season finale, its glaringly obvious what this show really is.  Its a daytime soap opera masquerading as a prime-time medical procedural.  Should be airing at 1p five times a week instead of one 8p timeslot each week.

• Love 3

Bringing this here from the "This is Now" thread.

Goodwin mentioned at the end that they needed more scanners, O2 and suction in the waiting room, and other modifications like that for mass casualty situations.

I'm guessing next season, we'll see a whole new set....

(edited)
On 4/25/2018 at 8:13 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I've never watched this show further than about 6 or 7 episodes at the start of the first season;  and other than getting to see Colin Donnell act, I've missed absolutely nothing.

Been checking the synopsis & episodes reactions on here, and after reading the spoilers for the approaching season finale, its glaringly obvious what this show really is.  Its a daytime soap opera masquerading as a prime-time medical procedural.  Should be airing at 1p five times a week instead of one 8p timeslot each week.

I have to agree on the soap opera part. It definitely brings me back to the General Hospital days of the 80's. I think there is wasted talent with Dr Charles and Dr Choi but it is what it is. The plot lines and script are lame compared to what I've gotten to see in the past.  I am re watching ER on Hulu (stands the test of time) and I remember liking Chicago Hope which one day might be back streaming somewhere. The scripts and energy and emotion of ER can't be captured on CM but I hope next season they up the ante. I stopped watching most, I FF to see scenes with Choi or Dr Charles but there's so much angst, so much emotional dialogue , I end up going back to ER. I'm still hoping though it gets better. As I read in a review,  what made ER so good wasn’t its setting and its energy so much as its intelligence, its grit, and its well-drawn characters.

Edited by debraran
On 3/17/2017 at 5:40 PM, statsgirl said:

Another doctor with Daddy issues?  Jeez, doesn't anyone in that hospital have a normal relationship with their parents, or child in Charles' case?

LOL, I just saw this.  We can add Reese to the list.  

On 5/3/2018 at 9:08 PM, debraran said:

I have to agree on the soap opera part. It definitely brings me back to the General Hospital days of the 80's. I think there is wasted talent with Dr Charles and Dr Choi but it is what it is. The plot lines and script are lame compared to what I've gotten to see in the past.  I am re watching ER on Hulu (stands the test of time) and I remember liking Chicago Hope which one day might be back streaming somewhere. The scripts and energy and emotion of ER can't be captured on CM but I hope next season they up the ante. I stopped watching most, I FF to see scenes with Choi or Dr Charles but there's so much angst, so much emotional dialogue , I end up going back to ER. I'm still hoping though it gets better. As I read in a review,  what made ER so good wasn’t its setting and its energy so much as its intelligence, its grit, and its well-drawn characters.

I loved ER.  I'd like to see St. Elsewhere back somewhere online or in reruns on cable as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GalvDuck said:
1 hour ago, GalvDuck said:

I loved ER.  I'd like to see St. Elsewhere back somewhere online or in reruns on cable as well.

I remember liking Chicago Hope too but it wasn't on as long as ER

• Love 1
9 hours ago, debraran said:

I remember liking Chicago Hope too but it wasn't on as long as ER

I remember the whole Chicago Hope versus ER deal. Both were on Thursdays at 10 and all the TV outlets were certain that Chicago Hope would emerge the victor because of David E. Kelley, etc. There seemed to be shock all around when ER all but trounced it in the ratings. (CBS eventually blinked and moved Chicago Hope to another night.)

• Love 1

Speculating on the season finale and what may happen in regards to Dr. Charles and Haywood:

I am willing to bet Dr. Charles may claim that he hesitated to start chest compressions because Haywood was a fresh CABG patient and he (Charles) was concerned about re-opening the sternum.  This is not usually a concern for those who have worked in trauma or cardio -- saving the life beats sternal precautions.  But I can understand the hesitancy with some health care professionals, especially a psychiatrist who probably hasn't had to do as much CPR as a trauma surgeon or even ER staff.  You couldn't help but wonder if there could be more damage to the heart if the sternum closure breaks open.  

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, Empire, Roseanne, Fear TWD, B99, Timeless, Grey's, Good Girls, Killing Eve and More
By Michael Ausiello / May 22 2018, 1:45 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/05/22/empire-season-4-finale-deaths-dies-spoilers/#more-949087

Question: Is Colin Donnell leaving Chicago Med? The finale sure made it seem that way. —Bonnie
Ausiello: Donnell sure hopes not. In the wake of Connor receiving that shiny new job offer in last week’s Season 3 finale, the actor is “really hoping” the doc will stay put. “He’s got a big decision ahead to make, but I think it would be a shame for him to leave something he has worked for at the hospital,” Donnell adds. As for Ava’s swiftly chiming in that she would take the gig if given the chance, Donnell admits it’s probably a bad sign for any potential romance between the characters. “I think he was not-so-secretly hoping that she would say, ‘I would stay here — for you,’ which is what he was kind of trying to say to her,” Donnell shares. “I’m interested to see where the relationship goes from there, because I don’t know if they’re right for each other romantically. But they work so well together. It’s this push-and-pull of, ‘Maybe it works? Maybe we should give it a shot?’ But we’re so competitive with one another that we can’t give it a shot right now.”

It sounds like Donnell is hinting at shutting down the ship.  Here's hoping.

I don't get the "they work so well together" part.  If it's only a two  year fellowship, then they both should be finishing it and moving on. It's unlikely that two attending positions would come up at Chicago Med.

Edited by statsgirl

Yeah I feel they're trying to tell us what they were going for with Connor/Ava rather then show us. It could have been a good dynamic but bad writing coupled by how unlikeable Ava is, that accent and zero chemistry made the entire storyline unlikeable. 

I wish they'd just ease up on the love storylines for Rhodes next season. None of them have happened organically and as a result are never enjoyable. Just forced.

• Love 2

Since Will is tied to Manning permanently, it feels like they are trying to make Rhodes the male romantic lead for the show.  But the writing on the show for relationships (and other things) is so bad, it always fails.

Choi would make a good romantic lead too, I liked his relationship with the army doctor last season. But he's Asian-American and racism unfortunately still affect TV shows.

• Love 1

I'm a former viewer of this show and dropped by to see what's going on.  I can hardly believe the show is still on the air.  I stopped watching after getting very frustrated with the writing and the cast.  It seems that not much has changed.  I wonder if there will be any improvement for the next season.  

On 8/3/2018 at 7:47 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm a former viewer of this show and dropped by to see what's going on.  I can hardly believe the show is still on the air.  I stopped watching after getting very frustrated with the writing and the cast.  It seems that not much has changed.  I wonder if there will be any improvement for the next season.  

I agree, missed the last one since it had Dr Charles doing stupid things with regard the Reese's dad, the show had so much potential early on. They made it a soap opera. I will tune it to see if it gets better but not putting the bar too high. I got access to Hulu through my daughter and watched ER again, loved most of it, and just caught up on The Good Doctor which I didn't think I'd like but did.

I’m new to Chicago med, only on season 2, but can anyone tell me if at any point Maggie does any actual nursing? I love the character, but literally all she does is stand and stare at that electronic device/phone thing. It’s my understanding that an ER charge nurse runs the ER, but also practices actual nursing 

5 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I’m new to Chicago med, only on season 2, but can anyone tell me if at any point Maggie does any actual nursing? I love the character, but literally all she does is stand and stare at that electronic device/phone thing. It’s my understanding that an ER charge nurse runs the ER, but also practices actual nursing 

Now that you mention it, I don't ever recall seeing her nursing, and I've watched all seasons.  Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Rhodes asked her to assist with an operation in th ER/OR when he first got it. And she occasionally helps out when a patient needs something or there's an emergency but mostly she acts as the charge nurse rather than doing nursing herself and April is the go-to angel of mercy.

• Useful 1

The teaser for the premiere shows Halstead running into the ED, a limp Natalie in his arms...

Seriously?? The man's a doctor; would he really lift an injured person, most likely with head trauma, and just have her head/neck dangling unsupported like that? FFS.

• LOL 3