Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Med Spoilers & Speculation

ESS
  • Start Topic

Here's the new episode details for the next new called Malignant which will air on January 5th.

A MEMBER OF THE FIREHOUSE FAMILY CLINGS TO LIFE AND MEMBERS OF THE CHICAGO MED STAFF DISCOVER A HIGHLY UNUSUAL PARALLEL BETWEEN CASES-THREE-PART STORY ARC CROSSES OVER INTO "CHICAGO FIRE" AND CONCLUDES THE FOLLOWING NIGHT ON "CHICAGO P.D.

Following a knife attack, a member of the team lies in peril and their condition takes a sudden turn for the worse, leaving Dr. Connor Rhodes (Colin Donnell) and Dr. Toni Zanetti (guest star Julie Berman) scrambling to race against the clock. Word quickly spreads that some of Connor's fellow doctors feel he should have operated sooner, causing tension at the hospital. Dr. Natalie Manning (Torrey DeVitto) makes preparations for her pregnancy and Nurse April Sexton's (Yaya DaCosta) brother (guest star Roland Buck III) struggles through his first day at the hospital. Meanwhile, members of the Chicago P.D. Intelligence Unit help investigate whether the case of a women clinging to life after Firehouse 51 pulled her out of a burning building is attempted suicide or murder. As the investigation deepens, a surprising parallel to other patients surfaces. Oliver Platt, S. Epatha Merkerson, Nick Gehlfuss, Rachel DiPillo and Brian Tee also star. Taylor Kinney, Monica Raymund, Kara Killmer, Dora Madison, David Eigenberg, Yuri Sardarov, Joe Minoso, Christian Stolte, Jason Beghe, Jesse Lee Soffer and Sophia Bush guest star.

#vomitemoji

Via TVLine:

Chicago Med's Nick Gehlfuss Previews Big 'Change' for Will and Natalie

By Vlada Gelman / February 15 2016, 12:00 PM PST

Are you taken aback that the promo for Tuesday’s Chicago Med (NBC, 9/8c) is teasing a possible Will and Natalie kiss, especially in light of their recent shouting match? Well, Nick Gehlfuss is right there with you.

After expressing his surprise at the contents of the tantalizing footage, the actor who plays Dr. Will Halstead offers up some assurances to TVLine that it’s not just false hype.

The hour “is going to put a lot of things into perspective” for the two close friends, Gehlfuss previews. “You don’t want to miss it.”

Below, Gehlfuss talks about Will’s feelings for his colleague, his rivalry with Dr. Connor Rhodes and his uncertain future at Med.

TVLINE | Everyone at the hospital knows that Will likes Natalie, but does she know?
I think when you’re that close with somebody, as far as being really good friends who work together and see each other quite a bit, it’s a fine line [between] what you know and what you don’t. It takes other people, sometimes, to tell people what they feel and what’s going on between them because they’re so focused on their work. In that sense, [Will and Natalie] may be surprised by what happens.

TVLINE | What’s holding him back from confessing his feelings to her?
He knows that she has another man’s child, and it’s only been a little while since her husband has passed. And her mother-in-law probably doesn’t make it easy for him. [Laughs] It’s a precious thing. It’s a delicate situation. You could potentially ruin a friendship if things don’t work out well, and we work together, so that’s something you have to deal with every day.

TVLINE | When Chicago Med premiered, Natalie was a new character – she wasn’t in the backdoor pilot – and she and Will already had an established relationship. Was there a backstory that you and Torrey DeVitto came up with, or that the writers gave you?
Torrey and I have had conversations about what our relationship was. We decided they met at Chicago Med. She’s from Seattle and she came to Chicago Med and her husband was always away overseas. [she and Will] were friends, naturally, and possibly there was a connection. And then when she lost her husband, I’m sure that I was there for her. You know how in that type of situation… you see each other in some very down moments. That can strengthen a relationship, for sure.

TVLINE | So, does Zoe the pharmaceutical rep (Jessica Jones‘ Susie Abromeit) even stand a chance?
He’s keeping his options open. He’s a single guy, he’s a passionate guy. And no doubt there are some beautiful women at Chicago Med… Zoe is a lovely girl, and I don’t think Will wants to hurt either of them. [Tuesday’s] episode will change his workplace dynamic between these two females.

TVLINE | Will is in some hot water as a result of his latest case. What impact will that have on his career?
There’s a lawsuit that’s being brought into place, and they’re going to have to take a close look at it and see how at fault Will was. It’s very complicated because there’s a clinical trial, and if [the patient] gets better and the drug works for this woman’s cancer, he’s thinking that they may drop the lawsuit. So Will is banking on this woman getting better within the drug trial. But the woman didn’t want to live in the first place, so it’s this really tricky situation. He could very well be terminated for doing what he did. I hear Chicago Law is coming out, so maybe Will Halstead can be a lawyer. [Laughs] I’m kidding.

TVLINE | Has that relationship between Will and Connor gotten any better? Or will the rivalry flare up again?
The rivalry will stir up again. When it rains, it pours. Connor and Will definitely have some things to figure out between the two of them. They’re still colliding here and there within the workplace, but they also have a lot in common. When Will found out about [Connor’s] mother, he had a little bit more respect… There’s much more to be had between these two gentlemen.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/23/chicago-med-casts-mekia-cox-dr-charles-daughter-connor-love-interest/#more-743103

One of Chicago Med‘s single docs is about to lose his most-eligible status.

Mekia Cox (90210, Undercovers) will recur on Season 2 of the NBC medical drama as Robin, Dr. Charles’ (Oliver Platt) daughter — and a love interest for Colin Donnell’s Dr. Connor Rhodes, TVLine has learned.

RELATEDChicago Fire Enlists Grey’s Anatomy Doc as Severide’s ‘Fast-Paced’ Pal

Robin is an epidemiologist who is brought in to assess a difficult case, which will further complicate her already strained relationship with her father. She makes her debut in Episode 4, “but the romance [with Connor] doesn’t start” until a later installment, executive producer Andrew Schneider tells TVLine.

“They do start working as colleagues,” EP Diane Frolov adds. “[Robin is] very smart and wry and rebellious. She’s sparky.”

RELATEDChicago P.D. Adds Quantico Alum as

’s New Partner

Cox — who can also be seen in the upcoming season of ABC’s Secrets and Lies — had guest arcs on Impastor, Gotham, Key and Peele and Almost Human.

Chicago Med returns Thursday, Sept. 22 at 9/8c on NBC.

Halstead's getting a love interest

EW can exclusively reveal that early in the second season, things will heat up between Dr. Halstead (Nick Gehlfuss) and pathologist Nina Shore (Patti Murin), who was introduced last season.

“I’m really excited for fans to see how season 2 begins,” Gehlfuss tells EW. “Things get intimate between my character, Dr. Halstead, and pathologist Nina Shore. Fun fact: Patti Murin, who plays Nina, also happens to be Colin Donnell’s real-life wife. I just hope he’s not on set when our characters find themselves in a romantic embrace!”

Despite this new romance, “[Will’s] feelings for Natalie [Torrey DeVitto] will never go away,” EP Andrew Schneider says.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/09/chicago-med-season-2-halsteads-new-love.html

On 8/24/2016 at 1:41 PM, Watermelon said:

I quite enjoy that Dr. Charles

Reveal hidden contents

was clearly in an interracial relationship.

Now that Sharon's husband is gone they can be a thing.

I never thought about them being together in a romance, but since they've known each other for a while maybe it wouldn't be so bad...BTW Sharon's husband is such a jerk! I couldn't believe he did that to her..

• Love 1

I'm torn by that idea.  I really like it when two actors over 50 get to have a romance, but I also like it when male and female characters can just be friends.

OTOH, while I'm still iffy on Halstead, I did REALLY like the pathologist, so I'm in favor of more her.

• Love 1

Can someone tell me why what is wrong with April and why she's taking pills and thinks she's contagious? I don't recall anything about this on the last episode of last season.  It's bugging me lol. 

4 minutes ago, TV Buff said:

Can someone tell me why what is wrong with April and why she's taking pills and thinks she's contagious? I don't recall anything about this on the last episode of last season.  It's bugging me lol. 

She contracted tuberculosis.

21 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Well this sucks. A cast member is leaving the show this season in a tragic way. 

They had been so great about not having a tragedy every other week like Chicago Fire.

Yeah, that sucks. AND it's a recurring character. So, for me, it's obviously either MedFire Jeff or Dr. Patti Murin's Nina Shore. Knowing my luck, it's Dr. Shore. It's a colleague, so that eliminates April's fiance, and there are only three recurring doctors that it can be. We can probably eliminate Splendorkable because it provides the least amount of TV drama. So, therefore, either Manning's losing Jeff or the more likely option is Will losing the person who has single handedly redeemed him from whatever the hell happened to him in season 1 for me. Because, of course, he HAS to get in bed with Manning and since he's so in love with Nina right now, they'll probably get engaged and then she'll die to up the drama when the Will/Natalie grief sex happens. 

There, I figured it out. No need to bite your nails anxiously, trying to figure out who it is. I'm now convinced that it's Nina Shore. Poor Patti Murin. I hope we get a Connor/Nina scene before she dies. 

ETA: Oh yeah, I guess it could also be Dr. Charles' daughter. She's a likely possibility if they want to give Connor a storyline that doesn't involve a mentor. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

Gah. If it's Dr. Shore somehow it feels even worse because she's so upbeat and funny and awesome and has been great for Will and they just moved in together and I was all about those two cuties beating the odds to become the stable couple on the show with some cute red headed big smiling singing kids.

But your spec does make sense. And yeah, I hope Patti and Colin can share a scene where they actually interact. 

I can't see them killing Jeff as Manning already lost her husband tragically, having her first boyfriend after his death die also would just swear her off relationships for a good long while. That said Jeff's background as a firefighter and one who takes risks could have him entering a dangerous situation while out in the field and he gets fatally injured. But it makes more sense to have Manning drawn to Will as a former grieving spouse and that breaks up her and Jeff.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I can't see them killing Jeff as Manning already lost her husband tragically, having her first boyfriend after his death die also would just swear her off relationships for a good long while. That said Jeff's background as a firefighter and one who takes risks could have him entering a dangerous situation while out in the field and he gets fatally injured. But it makes more sense to have Manning drawn to Will as a former grieving spouse and that breaks up her and Jeff.

Very true. Plus, the spoiler above states that the death of this colleague will open up a new job for another one. Jeff is a first year resident, correct? That's not that special. Now, Nina's job as a pathologist is pretty unique. I don't know who would actually be taking her job (I guess we'll find out which character's career is in jeopardy), but I feel like it has to be her. And I'm going to hate it and be reminded on why I dislike the Chicago Trio (soon to be Chicago Quad) series. 

So yeah, it's going to be tough to watch Will after Nina's gone. I'm going to just expect her death so maybe I'll be surprised if it's someone else, but I won't be shocked if it does happen. 

I just find Jeff bland, so I'd rather it was him. 

34 minutes ago, starri said:

What about Latham?  That's the one with the clearest successor.

That was my first thought. Although that'd be two of Connor's cardio mentors being killed off. Maybe it can become a recurring gag. Connor desperately trying to learn from the best... but they keep dying.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, surfer said:

That was my first thought. Although that'd be two of Connor's cardio mentors being killed off. Maybe it can become a recurring gag. Connor desperately trying to learn from the best... but they keep dying.

I thought this briefly as well, but yeah, I figured that two dead mentors for Connor isn't really surprising. It could still fit and I definitely wouldn't rule it out, but my bet is still on Nina Shore. 

12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I thought this briefly as well, but yeah, I figured that two dead mentors for Connor isn't really surprising. It could still fit and I definitely wouldn't rule it out, but my bet is still on Nina Shore. 

But there isn't another person who's career would be affected by Nina's death.  Charles' daughter, maybe, but she doesn't seem to be an MD.

Just now, starri said:

But there isn't another person who's career would be affected by Nina's death.  Charles' daughter, maybe, but she doesn't seem to be an MD.

True, but that's why I figure they'll start setting up someone's switch in career for the second half. It did say a major shakeup and as much as I think Connor could take Latham's place and he's qualified, it's not a major shakeup like they're saying it is. 

My first thought is that April could change careers because her TB and/or pregnancy will prevent her from being a nurse, which is why I thought of April's switch to pathology. We'll probably find out why she can switch to it.  I don't know how it would work, really, but the Chicago Quad doesn't always make sense. They've had Dawson from Chicago Fire switch from being a paramedic to a firefighter and I believe she's back to being a paramedic. They've explained Jeff's switch from firefighter to medical student. 

However, I do think you're right and that I guess we'll see. I don't want Nina to die, so I want you to be right. 

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

My first thought is that April could change careers because her TB and/or pregnancy will prevent her from being a nurse, which is why I thought of April's switch to pathology.

Yeah, but you don't just skip from nursing to pathology.  But it's a TV show, and I guess I shouldn't expect realism.

• Love 1

Is Splendorkable a pathology resident/medical student/whatever--not quite sure what he does or what his qualifications are other than getting test results superfast and being supersplendorkable? I would love to see more of him--Nina could have a dramatic death that would open the door for him. IMO the show has become pretty blah so any shakeup will be good.

Whoever dies or whatever position opens up, there is of course a 50/50 chance that Gabbie Dawson from Fire will magically be qualfied to take over.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Is Splendorkable a pathology resident/medical student/whatever--not quite sure what he does or what his qualifications are other than getting test results superfast and being supersplendorkable?

I believe he's just a lab tech.

I putting my money on Sharon (which will be a pity) because of this:

There is one silver lining amid the grief: The sudden departure causes a huge shake-up at the hospital, leaving a vacancy that may create a new, much-needed career opportunity for one of the remaining staffers.

Other than Charles and Sharon, everyone else is either a fellow (Rhodes), new attending (Halstead), resident (Manning, Choi), intern (Reese) or med student (Jeff) or a nurse (Maggie, April).  None of them dying would leave a vacancy for one of the remaining characters, as much as I want April to be the intern instead of her idiot brother.

If Charles dies, he's certainly not going to be replaced by new intern Reese. Connor likewise couldn't replace Latham since Latham is an experienced surgeon and Connor is a new fellow.  So as much as it hurts me because she's one of the reasons I watch this show, I think it's going to be Sharon and Maggie will step in to her shoes, hopefully after having taken some hospital management courses.

On 2016-12-21 at 11:21 AM, Lady Calypso said:

My first thought is that April could change careers because her TB and/or pregnancy will prevent her from being a nurse, which is why I thought of April's switch to pathology. We'll probably find out why she can switch to it.  I don't know how it would work, really, but the Chicago Quad doesn't always make sense. They've had Dawson from Chicago Fire switch from being a paramedic to a firefighter and I believe she's back to being a paramedic. They've explained Jeff's switch from firefighter to medical student.

April couldn't.  She's a nurse and a pathologist is an M.D.  That's four years of medical school plus interning.

Dawson went to the academy to become a firefighter.  Jeff was off-screen for years while he went to medical school.  As much as these shows do strange things at time, April couldn't go from being a nurse to a pathologist over the summer months.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Other than Charles and Sharon, everyone else is either a fellow (Rhodes), new attending (Halstead), resident (Manning, Choi), intern (Reese) or med student (Jeff) or a nurse (Maggie, April).  None of them dying would leave a vacancy for one of the remaining characters, as much as I want April to be the intern instead of her idiot brother.

Well, good thing that they specified that the dying character is a recurring one: 

We've heard that the exit, which occurs a few episodes before the season finale, will be a "tragic" one that "has a profound effect" on the recurring character's colleagues.

So, silver lining! I also don't know why tragic is in quotations. I guess because it's a direct quote? Or is there more to it? 

It's possible that it's Latham and the hospital can't find anyone to replace him so they take Connor, who is two years short of finishing his fellowship and being able to start cardio-thoracic surgery, and bump him up to attending level but hey, this show.  I just feel sorry for the patients who think they're getting a completely trained surgeon.

Is being the cardio-thoracic surgical attending like teaching the Dark Arts at Hogwarts?

• Love 4

Is Maggie recurring? I thought sometime in season one she got bumped up. I am probably misremembering though.

Before the recurring character clue was pointed out I was really hoping it would be Natalie. I know it would never happen, but I can only hope.

• Love 2

Yeah, she was promoted to a regular cast member in the fourteenth episode of the first season. So she was recurring until the last few episodes of season 1. 

I would have loved for it to be Natalie but much like Gabby Dawson, she's here to stay and most likely get the Special Snowflake status. Maybe. I stopped watching Chicago Fire because I was tired by Gabby, so I hope this doesn't become the case not just with Natalie, but Will as well. I've just grown to like Will. I don't want to regress. 

• Love 1
On 2016-12-20 at 6:02 PM, Lady Calypso said:

There, I figured it out. No need to bite your nails anxiously, trying to figure out who it is. I'm now convinced that it's Nina Shore. Poor Patti Murin.

Heh. Is anyone else imagining that somewhere Patti Murin is spontaneously all "Wait -- I'm what now?"

On 2016-12-23 at 11:22 PM, statsgirl said:

Is being the cardio-thoracic surgical attending like teaching the Dark Arts at Hogwarts?

Does that make Doctor Downey the Gilderoy Lockhart or the Severus Snape?

7 hours ago, starri said:

Anybody wonder if perhaps it's Stohl?

He seems like he's headed toward Rocket Romano Helicopter Syndrome. 

That would be better than Fire Doc Jeff or Nina Shore, especially since we haven't seen the latter in several episodes now. 

Plus, I guess it would make sense with the added spoiler of someone taking the dead doctor's job? 

Stohl is so much like Romano, ER should be suing.

The clues are

• The exit, which occurs a few episodes before the season finale, will be a "tragic" one that "has a profound effect" on the recurring character's colleagues.
  • The sudden departure causes a huge shake-up at the hospital, leaving a vacancy that may create a new, much-needed career opportunity for one of the remaining staffers.

Stohl makes the most sense, and the doc I'd most like to leave besides Manning, but the "new, much-needed career opportunity" gives me pause.  The only ER attending that we know is Halstead and he already has a career, unless Halstead moving into Stohl's job leave an opening for Choi next season when he's finished his residency.

I wouldn't mind Abramson leaving but he's the only neurosurgeon they have, and Rhodes is only in the first year of his fellowship. Plus I like Latham.

I know it's not Manning but she's not only the worst doctor, she's the worst character on the show.  Are they getting feedback from somewhere I don't know about how great she is?

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The only ER attending that we know is Halstead and he already has a career, unless Halstead moving into Stohl's job leave an opening for Choi next season when he's finished his residency.

Will has had a through-line this season about money problems from his huge malpractice premiums, so he'd probably get quite a raise as Chief of Emergency Medicine.

• Love 1

Is that what the TV Guide spoiler referred to, a recurring character leaving an opening for" a new, much-needed career opportunity for one of the remaining staffers"?

I can see why they want her back but I'm going to miss the time spent on psychiatry.

Oh wow well I guess that's it then... I'm watching in the UK so am a few episodes behind but I thought that character (can't recall name) became prominent quite quickly and out of nowhere. This must be why.