Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

(edited)

And for anyone with romantic, never-been-there-before notions about Toronto...check out my little friends from 6:00AM yesterday, gathered adorably at my back door...

Yes, folks, it's breakfast for six. Cute, except that breakfast was quite recently listed among the living.

Raccoons in May 3.jpgI live close to downtown, where TO's spirit animal, the raccoon, abounds. And if you'd like some for your very own, please let me know. Shipping is up to you.

Edited by pearlite
periods and commas aren't the same
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, miamama said:

Yikes!!! Pearlite!!!

They're just vengeful 'cause after 20K+ of roof-replacement & soffit and fascia replacement, they can't get inside any more. And the more trendy restaurants open up [we're four or five to a block on Roncy at the mo] the more raccoons, and occasionally rats frolic through our yards.

• Love 1

i don't know how the country is culturally vs us but the beauty scene online is big. Most of the top makeup reviewers are Canadian. I follow about five or six that make a good income reviewing makeup and there's many beauty expos held in Canada. 

1 hour ago, pearlite said:

And for anyone with romantic, never-been-there-before notions about Toronto...check out my little friends from 6:00AM yesterday, gathered adorably at my back door...

Yes, folks, it's breakfast for six. Cute, except that breakfast was quite recently listed among the living.

Raccoons in May 3.jpgI live close to downtown, where TO's spirit animal, the raccoon, abounds. And if you'd like some for your very own, please let me know. Shipping is up to you.

There was a skunk in my backyard this morning (NW Mississauga) O_o And we often have raccoons in our recycle bins, and the odd possum too!

• Love 3

Raccoons are nasty little creatures. One night, in the street in front of our house, they had a gang war. You never heard such screeching and growling. It was a blood bath and I hope I never see anything like it again.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Capricasix said:

There was a skunk in my backyard this morning (NW Mississauga) O_o And we often have raccoons in our recycle bins, and the odd possum too!

Ode to a possum:

possum.jpg

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 11
On June 1, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Ode to a possum:

possum.jpg

Awwwww! 

My roommate has told me she's seen a skunk AND a possum around your backyard! Which is odd, since our place is in a suburb and far away from any big field that I know of. She's from Alabama, and has far more experience with this than i do, being a Californian city slicker and all ;)

that must be what my chiweenie is barking at sometimes when he's looking out the window and I can't see anything. Lol.

• Love 7
On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 1:38 PM, peacheslatour said:

Raccoons are nasty little creatures. One night, in the street in front of our house, they had a gang war. You never heard such screeching and growling. It was a blood bath and I hope I never see anything like it again.

One apartment I lived in during college had raccoons that came by. I'd often see other students actually feeding these things. It was certainly a novelty for us city kids, but I feared rabies too much to get close to any of them.

• Love 2

One of the girls who worked at the animal hospital had a pet raccoon. He lived with them and would waddle down the stairs, open the freezer, and eat the ice cream.

She also would help to feed abandoned baby raccoons. She brought one in at work once,  and I was able to pet it. Cute little thing. But it was purring and as soon as I went to pet it, it stopped. Guess she didn't like me. That's okay, neither did the girl I worked with.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:17 PM, peacheslatour said:

Has anyone heard from Movinon? I PM'd her a few days ago, but haven't heard back. I know she was dealing with some health issues. I hope she's o.k.

Last time I PMd with her was 1st week in May.

With the flooding in Texas ... I don't know ... I'm worried about her.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:00 PM, pearlite said:

Is that your cat? [Did Dr Seuss get in my keyboard?]

Great tagline!

Nope. It found me on Reddit.

My cat believes Erwin Schrödinger deserves to be both dead and alive in a cat box he regularly poops in.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

This dog ate an orange peel. Much regret.

CkHjuXLUgAI_1ye.jpg

Priceless!  The middle picture in the bottom row needs to be submitted to one of those 365 Dogs calendars.  Or top right.  Aw, hell, send them all!

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Last time I PMd with her was 1st week in May.

With the flooding in Texas ... I don't know ... I'm worried about her.

May 2 was also the last time I've heard from her.

I'm hoping it's just the grandkids.  She's said she doesn't have time to post when they're with her, and don't schools in Texas start summer vacation in mid-May?

• Love 3

I've heard from movinon, and she's doing ok.  Abstaining from coffee and wodka per doctor's orders is making her cranky, but ok otherwise.  She's been very busy and hasn't had time to read posts, so she's very behind.  She also said she's owes notes to some of you, but just hasn't had time.

Hope that eases some worries!

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I've heard from movinon, and she's doing ok.  Abstaining from coffee and wodka per doctor's orders is making her cranky, but ok otherwise.  She's been very busy and hasn't had time to read posts, so she's very behind.  She also said she's owes notes to some of you, but just hasn't had time.

Good news. Thanks, Snaporaz.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Such good news!!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

What kind of bullshit medical advice is THAT? lol

Seriously though, movinon if you're reading this I hope you're well and can get back to PTV soon.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/29/2016 at 9:51 PM, jewel21 said:

Has anyone here installed Windows 10? My computer keeps bugging me about it and now has informed me it will install later tonight. Someone told me awhile back not to because it apparently sucked.

Thoughts, opinions? I'm currently running Windows 7.

Hi - I'm not dead.  That trick - installing without your permission is being done to everyone I know.  There is an option to return to your previous Windows 7 after the installation, but I'm not sure where it is.  So far I have managed to outrun them - my son is very good with computers. He says Windows 10 has the ability to save everything you type, private messages on Facebook, emails, details on payments, orders on e-bay or Amazon, conversations with your bank, comments you make on any open forum (oops! - that's us) if you enable a certain function on your keyboard.  There are ways to disable it, but a regular person like me would never figure it out.  It's like the Google history thing, if you log in to google and go to your history, you can see every search you have ever made on Google.  That's too much "Big Brother" for me.  It seems that everything around us includes spy wear of some kind and it pisses me off.  I'm not running a meth lab or anything, but I prefer my privacy.  Now I hear that the newer TV's and our cell phones are recording everything we say and I really resent that.  After it installs, just check the information it gives you and it should give you an option to un-install and return to Windows 7, which is the best one, in my opinion.  I am still running it with no problems.  

I miss all you guys and my vodka - my life is complicated right now and I'm not even reading.  I'm in this thread looking for something Snap mentioned, but I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up.  I have between 20 and 30 un-watched and un-FF'd episodes on my recorder and will have to delete soon.  I never learned how to navigate the new system here and I hate it.  I have been able to keep up with my private messages and finally figured out how to post, but I am not having fun, so I am not on the board.  Keep up the snark - I shall return eventually. 

Edited to say I am overjoyed with the news that JFP is toast - next, a way to dispose of Chuckles and Eric Braeden.

Edited by movinon
Stupidity
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thanks for the link! We have a wildlife camera on our farm. Nothing as exciting as mountain lions but lots of whitetails,raccoons and coyotes. I love watching wildlife big or small,feathered or furry.

• Love 6

I embarrassed myself so bad today. I was talking to the director of my branch and my phone went off. And started playing an extremely thuggish gangster rap song. He is looked at me like I had grown a unicorn horn and feathers. 

I don't have a song ring tone! And didn't have an alarm set! And don't have whatever song that was on my iTunes! 

Arghhhh!!!! 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I embarrassed myself so bad today. I was talking to the director of my branch and my phone went off. And started playing an extremely thuggish gangster rap song. He is looked at me like I had grown a unicorn horn and feathers. 

I don't have a song ring tone! And didn't have an alarm set! And don't have whatever song that was on my iTunes! 

Arghhhh!!!! 

got any kids and were they playing with your phone?

LOL  my phone ring is a european sounding one..annoying but at least i know it's my phone ringing..

when i call my daughter, her ring tone for me is animal from the muppets singing mama from queen..it's hilarious.  apparently, my phone (an lg flip phone) can send and receive texts but i don't have the plan and i don't know how to do it and i don't want to learn.

• Love 8

Hell yes, it's a visit from movinon in classic movinon style! 

So I got a call today to explain Monday's tit needling, which has sent me into one of my anxiety/abject terror spirals. I don't care about the procedure too much (of course no one wants a needle in the honeydews, but that's how it goes), but I keep imagining the phone call a few days later to tell me the pathologists found something horrible and invasive and aggressive. To be blunt, I've had some nip issues where they found the round thing and my classes at the Google School of Medicine show me only bad things. Yes, I realize I'm only tormenting myself. I curse my imagination; other than coming up with infinite insults for Nick Newman, it does me little good.

• Love 9

Oh dear god, don't google this shit! You'll drive yourself crazy. Having been through it, all I can say is there's a 99.9% chance that it's nothing and even if it is something, there are a million things it can besides cancer. What's is your family history? That is the main predictor. If your mother or aunts have been through it, talk to them, talk to your cousins and sisters.  Maybe you can ask your primary doctor for something to help you relax. I shared my fears with my doc and she told me to up my blood pressure meds. Hang in there Sweetie, we're all rooting for you, as only Preverts can root!

• Love 12