Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15: Farewell Season Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

Two websites listing these contestants as the top 24. I have no idea how reliable these sites are so grab your salt lick just in case.

Females

1. Amelia Eisenhauer

2. Avalon Young

3. Emily Brooke

4. Gianna Isabella

5. Jeneve Mitchell

6. Jenn Blosil

7. Jenna Renae

8. LaPorsha Renae

9. Olivia Rox

10. Shelbie Zora

11. Sonika Vaid

12. Tristan McIntosh

13. Stephany Negrete

Males

1. Adam Lasher

2. Dalton Rapattoni

3. James Dawson VIII

4. Jordan Sasser

5. Kory Wheeler

6. Lee Jean

7. Manny Torres

8. Thomas Stringfellow

9. Trent Harmon

10. CJ Johnson

11. MacKenzie Bourg

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2016-spoilers-top-24-season-15-contestants.htm

http://americanidolnet.com/american-idol-2016-top-24/

Yeah I read those spoilers ages ago. I'm pretty sure it's accurate, even if I wish it was wrong about some of them.

I'm happy about Emily Brooke and LaPorsha making it, not sold yet on Olivia, Shelbie, Tristan, and Sonika but don't mind them making it, not sold yet on Jeneve, Jenn, and Gianna.

And for the guys I loved Adam from last year, love Dalton, Trent, and CJ. I hope the Lee Jean kid has improved a lot since his audition, James VIII, Jordan Sasser and Kory are just ok to me, and I would like Thomas better if he dropped the faux Brit accent.

Thirteen girls and eleven boys?  They haven't had an unequal gender count before in the top 24, have they?

I don't believe so but I heard it was because there's so many good girls this season that the judges/producers were undecided about a few of them but it was pretty easy to narrow down the boys.

• Love 2

That's good.  I've always thought it was ridiculous for them to feel that they have to balance out the genders.  Ridiculous, and unfair--some really good singers may have been sent home because they were of the "wrong" gender while other mediocre singers were allowed to stay just to have an equal number of boys and girls.

• Love 4

they did have an unbalanced number before and , although I can not remember which year it was, I remember it did not turn out well. 

OK, according to Wiki, it was season 3. People complained a lot about it. and the guys, oy the guys that made it.Pen Boi and the mr hair club guy. 

• Love 2

Females

6. Jenn Blosil

Was I the only one who cringed when I saw her name? The last name of most of Marie Osmond's kids is Blosil. And the girl was originally from Utah. She doesn't have enough teeth to be a bio-Osmond, but several of Marie's kids were adopted. Let's hope we don't see Marie herself mugging around off-stage in Hollywood Week. Ugh.

Or maybe the name Blosil is like Smith (no pun intended)  in Utah. {{shrugs}}

• Love 2

Was I the only one who cringed when I saw her name? The last name of most of Marie Osmond's kids is Blosil. And the girl was originally from Utah. She doesn't have enough teeth to be a bio-Osmond, but several of Marie's kids were adopted. Let's hope we don't see Marie herself mugging around off-stage in Hollywood Week. Ugh.

Or maybe the name Blosil is like Smith (no pun intended)  in Utah. {{shrugs}}

I thought the same thing about Blosil . I like Marie in general . (She worked my nerves on DWTS) but yeah BLosil totally sounded like... what? to me too. MArie has a mix of bio kids and adopted kids an all but one are Blosils. IIRC

According to MJs, the next two weeks are cutting a group of 12 to 7, which will leave us with a Top 14. Then on the 2/23 episode, the judges cut the Top 14 to a Top 8 and then America votes in 2 wildcard contestants. However, the Top 14 to Top 8 cut involves no performances, but the Wildcards will all perform again? This process of cuts from 24 to 14 to 8 is very confusing to me.

Also the first five cut are:

James VIII, Emily Brooke, Stefany Nigrette, Jenna Renae, and Jordan Sasser.

I really don't understand why they're so completely hellbent on controlling the finals this year of all years and opting for this incredibly wacky format. Were they that pissed off about last season for some reason?

You're right. They keep acting like they want another Kelly Clarkson. Well, Kelly Clarkson only happened because America voted her through at the semifinal. Simon Cowell would never have advanced her to the finals.

Not happy that they are giving so much power to the judges this year.

Edited by Swedish Chef

I read those spoilers too and I was shocked to see Emily cut. If any female has a chance of winning, it'd be the young pretty blonde country girl, wouldn't it? The others I am not shocked about.

And I totally agree, I hate how much power the "judges" have this season. I hope it backfires on them and a WGWG wins again. There's a few quite deserving ones IMO- Dalton, MacKenzie, and Trent.

If the spoilers are right, AND the rules are that AMERICA will vote in WC contestants from the eliminated contestants, then my money says that they deliberately cut Emily along with four people no one really cares about (including at least one, Jordan Sasser, that NO ONE understands why he's even IN the Top 24) to ensure that AMERICA votes Emily back in and then feels like they are part of the great surge that will make her our Last! American! Idol! If they're taking away the control of the majority of the finalists, they still want the public to feel like they chose the AI, and what better way than for AMERICA to give a second chance to the girl who seems pre-destined to be the bookend to Kelly Clarkson they claim they want. 

There is always method to their madness. This one seems, to me at least, to be pretty obvious IF I am understanding the elimination/wild card process. 

Does that make any sense? Or am I misunderstanding the process? Can they only choose WCs from the cut of 14 to 8? Or from anyone in the Top 24?

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap

If the spoilers are right, AND the rules are that AMERICA will vote in WC contestants from the eliminated contestants, then my money says that they deliberately cut Emily along with four people no one really cares about (including at least one, Jordan Sasser, that NO ONE understands why he's even IN the Top 24) to ensure that AMERICA votes Emily back in and then feels like they are part of the great surge that will make her our Last! American! Idol! If they're taking away the control of the majority of the finalists, they still want the public to feel like they chose the AI, and what better way than for AMERICA to give a second chance to the girl who seems pre-destined to be the bookend to Kelly Clarkson they claim they want.

There is always method to their madness. This one seems, to me at least, to be pretty obvious IF I am understanding the elimination/wild card process.

Does that make any sense? Or am I misunderstanding the process? Can they only choose WCs from the cut of 14 to 8? Or from anyone in the Top 24?

There are no wild cards in the top 24, the judges are going to choose 8 from the top 14 and we get to pick the last 2 spots from 6 wild cards. Emily is cut for good.

Thanks, BoGog ... 

I, for one, am absolutely stunned if this spoiler is true then. I thought she was a lock to go all ... the ... way ...

Makes you wonder if she got some amazing record deal or something that prompted her to ASK to be let out.

Or if the spoiler is not accurate. I am trying to imagine ANY way she was one of the first cuts and am coming up with zilch. 

(Speaking of zilch ... MONKEES NEW ALBUM AND 50th ANNIVERSARY TOUR!!!! Could we have MONKEES NIGHT this season???)

Thanks, BoGog ...

I, for one, am absolutely stunned if this spoiler is true then. I thought she was a lock to go all ... the ... way ...

Makes you wonder if she got some amazing record deal or something that prompted her to ASK to be let out.

Or if the spoiler is not accurate. I am trying to imagine ANY way she was one of the first cuts and am coming up with zilch.

(Speaking of zilch ... MONKEES NEW ALBUM AND 50th ANNIVERSARY TOUR!!!! Could we have MONKEES NIGHT this season???)

I'm shocked as well. She must have either bombed hard or they think she is a threat to TCO Tristan.

Agree that there is strategy to all this.  I think they have a good idea who they want to go to the end after Hollywood week.  Everything after Hollywood week is strategy.  They pad their fav's with good and personable singers - rather than great and not so personable singers to make sure when the padded performers are cut, there is just the right amount of buzz but without any second guessing based on voice alone. 

I get why Jordan is top 24.  He's a good singer and engaging on stage.  But he is definitely in the padded group.  The cuts make sense to me.  The others too.

If those cut from top 24 are allowed to be brought back as wild cards, they will have to have air time of actual performances such that we have something to vote on.  Emily and Jordan both have had a ton of performance airtime.  Stefany a little and barely anything from James VIII and Jenna Renae.  From this i'd guess the judges are hoping either Emily or Jordan are brought back...although neither do anything for me.  I'd much rather see James, Stefany, or Jenna back.  I'd like to see them one last time.  Doesn't matter, though.  None will make Top 10...it's just for show at this point. 

Whoever they have in the Top 8 are the ones they want there....maybe 3 or 4 they'd be ok if they won.  The other 3-4 are just another layer of padding.  I am ALWAYS (without fail) wrong at guessing outcomes of reality and competition shows but I'm going with a top 3 of

Amelia Eisenhauer

Sonika Vaid

MacKenzie Bourg

Not sure who will take it.  Sonika has the best voice but Amelia is close and she is quirky and plays instruments. MacKenzie is unique enough to put on good performances even though he is not a belter.

Edited by Jextella

It must be frustrating to be a person whom the judges has verbally said did everything they were supposed to and had been advised to do in the intervening timespan (Emily), and yet still give them the old heave-ho with alacrity.

• Love 2

ETA: Never mind. Nothing to see here because BogoGog had already made the astute observation that Emily Brooke was the sacrificial bleater to clear the way for Tristan ... I had not made the connection that, indeed, Tristan was considered a country singer so now it makes perfect sense.

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap

TheIdolPad.net is spoiling the rest of the Top 14 right now on their twitter account.

Through to the Top 14: C.J. Johnson, Olivia Rox, Shelbie Zora, Jenn Blosil, Kory Wheeler, Tristan McIntosh, Dalton Rapattoni

Eliminated: Manny Torres, Amelia Eisenhauer, Adam Lasher, Lee Jean, Trent Harmon

Personally, I'm shocked that Trent got cut. And that both CJ and Kory made it through; I figured that at most one of the CJ/Kory/Adam combo would make it through. (Personally, I like Kory so I'm happy to hear he advanced).

None of those people surprise me except Kory Wheeler (who?), about whose performances I can't remember doodly.  Sorry to see Amelia and Lee go as they are two of the scant number of people whose voices I can recall a little when they're not standing in front of me on my TV.  Forgetting who Adam Lasher was in retrospect (one of the older guys?), but not surprised Manny and Trent went.

I'm seriously shocked Trent was cut. I thought it was a possibility he could win. He must have bombed at Emily Brooke levels or something. Did he pick a Cassadee Pope song? LOL

I too am shocked about both CJ and Kory making it. I'd rather have Adam than Kory TBH. I guess even being the nephew of Santana doesn't help you much in this industry. But if you're Brenda K Starr's (who?) daughter you are golden.

Manny, Amelia, Lee, all deservedly cut.

Olivia and Tristen were locks from their auditions.

Kind of shocked about Shelbie actually getting through but I guess they think she'll be entertaining? Whatever, as soon as we can vote I think she'll be cut.

Happy about Jenn Blosil making it and I'm squeeing with joy over my Dalton making it!

• Love 1

I guess even being the nephew of Santana doesn't help you much in this industry. But if you're Brenda K Starr's (who?) daughter you are golden.

Brenda K. Starr is wiling to be on camera in the audience every single show.  Can't see Carlos Santana doing that.

OMG guys the Idol Pad got the spoilers wrong! Apparently they were trolled by a very elaborate prankster with clearly too much time on their hands. They have now tweeted the correct ones and the results are mostly the same except Manny, Trent, and Lee are all IN. Shelbie, CJ, and Kory are OUT. Dalton, Olivia, Tristan, and Jenn are all still in. TBH I thought something sounded fishy when I heard Trent was cut. No way that happened.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 4

OMG guys the Idol Pad got the spoilers wrong! Apparently they were trolled by a very elaborate prankster with clearly too much time on their hands. They have now tweeted the correct ones and the results are mostly the same except Manny, Trent, and Lee are all IN. Shelbie, CJ, and Kory are OUT. Dalton, Olivia, Tristan, and Jenn are all still in. TBH I thought something sounded fishy when I heard Trent was cut. No way that happened.

So long as Jenn and Dalton are still in, I'm good. :)

• Love 1

That does make a LOT more sense considering what what was so clearly telegraphed with back story and camera time during Hollywood Week. There weren't any surprises this week except Emily, and she bombed so badly they didn't have a choice, I guess. Plus, it's not like she got THAT much focus in Hollywood anyway, I don't recall even seeing her during group rounds.

Super relieved that Shelby is gone and mildly relieved that Lee is there. Manny, meh.  I wasn't really worried about Dalton but I'm happy to see it confirmed with the real spoilers. :)

• Love 1

That does make a LOT more sense considering what what was so clearly telegraphed with back story and camera time during Hollywood Week. There weren't any surprises this week except Emily, and she bombed so badly they didn't have a choice, I guess. Plus, it's not like she got THAT much focus in Hollywood anyway, I don't recall even seeing her during group rounds.

Super relieved that Shelby is gone and mildly relieved that Lee is there. Manny, meh.  I wasn't really worried about Dalton but I'm happy to see it confirmed with the real spoilers. :)

Emily was shown super briefly (in sight only, not heard) in the group rounds. And yeah she bombed so bad that the cut was justified anyway. No real major upsets here. Although I would rather see Adam Lasher or maybe CJ than Manny.

Edited by BogoGog24

Trent and Manny in, Shelbie PoopersquatZ out. All is right with this corner of the world...except that crybaby Tristan is in.

I'm not really a fan of Tristan either and the crying episode turned me off but I expected from her first audition she was going to get this far. Her performance of Stronger in the showcase was actually quite good so I think based on talent at least she is not undeserving. Some contestants in the past have received poor edits in the Hollywood rounds and later turned out to be likable like Scotty McCreery so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt with that crying thing. I'm not expecting much from a 15 year old caught in a moment under extreme pressure. We'll see how she is in the coming rounds. If she still gives off that same vibe of entitlement, then I'm done. But for now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt with that because she does possess some serious vocal skill.

Some contestants in the past have received poor edits in the Hollywood rounds and later turned out to be likable like Scotty McCreery so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt with that crying thing.

My memory of Scotty McCreery's Hollywood round was a sympathetic edit for him and a negative edit for the guy (can't recall his name at all) who wouldn't let him in their group.  Scotty was looking for a group, started singing that "lock them doors" song for that guy's group, and was abruptly and rudely told "No" by the guy, who ended up being cut while Scotty, of course, went on to win.  Karma.

I didn't see Tristan's crying jag because my DVR has been acting up lately.  It sounds annoying when I read about it here, but I'm still willing to be open-minded about her.  It's still early.  

My memory of Scotty McCreery's Hollywood round was a sympathetic edit for him and a negative edit for the guy (can't recall his name at all) who wouldn't let him in their group.  Scotty was looking for a group, started singing that "lock them doors" song for that guy's group, and was abruptly and rudely told "No" by the guy, who ended up being cut while Scotty, of course, went on to win.  Karma.

I didn't see Tristan's crying jag because my DVR has been acting up lately.  It sounds annoying when I read about it here, but I'm still willing to be open-minded about her.  It's still early.  

Yes all of that did happen, but Scotty basically ended up causing Jaycee, a little 15 year old boy, to get kicked out of his group so they could make room for Scotty. It wasn't necessarily ill intended by Scotty and just something that kind of happened, but it obviously didn't make Scotty look good. He said the next day that he cried later that night and felt awful about it and I think later apologized to Jaycee.