Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BeeBop88 said:

Hmmm....how convenient for them to announce that Bobby will be on some of the DWTS tour dates, before the finale. Who wants to see him? He sure is getting a lot of pimping. From being on the CMA award show to radio stations promoting him to his own radio show to announcing being on the DWTS tour. I sure hope he is not gonna be there the night my friend and I go see it. And Sharna is not gonna be there. So who is he gonna dance with? Jenna???  LOL! He probably will be like a host or something. Barf. Right now for me, I can stomach the Alexis/Alan showmance over seeing Bobby on tour. 

You make a very good point.

OK team, here’s an idea: 

For those of us who can go, maybe we should still go? Let’s do it for Artem! 

I haven’t seen anything in print that confirms Alexis is going on the tour, but just in case, when BB, Alexis or both are on stage, that’s when we get up and go to the bar. 

I am petty enough that I’d make a shirt that reads: “It should’ve been Juan Pablo!” or “Bobby who?”, but that’s me. 

I have a cousin who lives in Michigan and she has seen the show several times. She is 18 years older than me and has been happily married for 30 years. During the weekend of her own mother’s funeral, DWTS came up and we realized we both loved the show. The day after we buried her mom, she was showing me photos of the last time she’d seen the show. All she talked about was how good looking everyone is in person, especially Artem.

I think we owe it to Artem to make it to the show if it’s possible. It’s the least we can do...?

• Love 3

Disney Press Release for the DWTS Finale is out (take particular note of the info in BOLD):

SEASON FINALE

FOUR COUPLES REMAIN IN A TIGHT COMPETITION, BUT ONLY ONE CAN TAKE HOME THE COVETED MIRRORBALL TROPHY ON THE SEASON FINALE OF
‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ LIVE, MONDAY, NOV. 19

Couples to Perform Two Dances – Repeat Performance and Freestyle

The Thanksgiving Spectacular Will Commence With an Epic Parade Opening Number and The Finale Celebrations Continue With Special Performances by Dan + Shay, Lauren Daigle,
Avril Lavigne, John Schneider, Robin Thicke and Tinashe

Viewers Can Participate in an Online-Only Vote for the Remaining Couples During Monday’s Live Telecast, in Which the Season 27 Champion Will Be Revealed Live

“Finale” – After weeks of stunning competitive dancing, the final four couples advance to the season finale of “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, NOV. 19 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

It’s been a very close race this season with some of the most skilled and artful dancing celebrity contestants have ever pulled off.  The remaining four couples will have one last night of competitive dancing, vying to score extra judges’ points and viewers votes. The first will be a repeat performance in which the couples will enhance one of their best dances from earlier in the season. And in the last element of competition, the couples will perform the most anticipated dance of the season – the fan-favorite, freestyle routine.

The two-hour Thanksgiving spectacular will feature special performances by Dan + Shay singing their hit single, “Speechless”; Lauren Daigle singing her single “You Say”; Avril Lavigne performing her latest single, “Head Above Water,” alongside Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten; season 27’s John Schneider singing “Walk a Mile in My Shoes”; Milo Manheim and Witney Carson dancing to “Living in New York City,” performed by Robin Thicke; and a big dance number featuring a performance by Tinashe. In addition, the night will include a sensational opening number as an epic parade complete with a marching band and floats rolls from the streets to the ballroom. The entire cast returns to celebrate the conclusion of the incredible season.

For the Repeat Dance, each couple will perform a tango, cha cha or Charleston. The Repeat Dance scores will be combined with the Freestyle Dance scores for a judges’ final tally. The judges’ tally will be combined with viewers’ votes from the previous week. Additionally, viewers can participate in an online-only live vote for the remaining couples, where, at the end of the night, one of them will be crowned the “Dancing with the Stars” champion.

Viewers will be allowed to participate in an online-only live vote at http://DWTSLiveVote.com. Voting will open at the beginning of the live broadcast and close approximately five minutes after the last dance. The live vote will only be available during the live broadcast in the Eastern and Central time zones. However, any individuals with access to http://DWTSLiveVote.com will be permitted to vote while the vote is open, regardless of their time zone (provided they are voting from within the U.S. and Puerto Rico).

Each couple will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):

Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten
Repeat: Tango – “Swan Lake” by Ray Chew Live
Freestyle: “Head Above Water” – live performance by Avril Lavigne

Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess
Repeat: cha cha – “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
Freestyle: Remix of “The Greatest Show” by Panic at the Disco

Evanna Lynch and Keo Motsepe 
Repeat: Tango – “Disturbia” by Rihanna
Freestyle: “It’s Oh So Quiet” by Björk

Milo Manheim and Witney Carson
Repeat: Charleston – “Living in New York City” – live performance by Robin Thicke
Freestyle: “Ain’t No Sunshine” (Lido Remix) by Bill Withers

At the end of the night, one couple will be crowned the Mirrorball champion.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2

I am thrilled we get to see Evanna’s tango again, especially with such a great song.

@calipiano81, Thanks for posting the information about the website for the live voting. I appreciate it more than you know, especially as I’m on the west coast. Now we all have a chance to visit the site and familiarize ourselves with the interface before Monday. Had it not been for your sharing of the info, I’d never know about it.

There’s a reason presidential candidates don’t visit California during election season. They know how many voters we have here and what the result will be. I can’t believe the DWTS/TPTB/ABC executives are dumb enough to risk pissing off the west coast viewers with this live vote crap. They’re eliminating the power to vote from a huge percentage of viewers who do vote - and we don’t want to see stupid BB or Alexis win! They’re shooting themselves in the foot. I am SO writing a letter after the finale - I’m serious.

I strongly dislike any type of live voting during an initial broadcast as it’s not a true representation of the viewers and who they are voting for.  

Demographics are “a thing”, I know, but I’m always floored when I meet random people who watch different  random TV shows because I’d never guess in a million years that they watch _____________. (My high school students watch “Grey’s Anatomy” every week. You could’ve knocked me over with a feather when I found out how popular it is with teenagers!)

“America” won’t be voting for the DWTS winner; only the folks at home on the east coast and in the central time zones will be voting. (I can vote now too, but please allow me to channel my inner 10 year old and whine about it not being fair. Thanks!)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Bridget said:

I am thrilled we get to see Evanna’s tango again, especially with such a great song.

@calipiano81, Thanks for posting the information about the website for the live voting. I appreciate it more than you know, especially as I’m on the west coast. Now we all have a chance to visit the site and familiarize ourselves with the interface before Monday. Had it not been for your sharing of the info, I’d never know about it.

There’s a reason presidential candidates don’t visit California during election season. They know how many voters we have here and what the result will be. I can’t believe the DWTS/TPTB/ABC executives are dumb enough to risk pissing off the west coast viewers with this live vote crap. They’re eliminating the power to vote from a huge percentage of viewers who vote - and we don’t want to see stupid BB win! They’re shooting themselves in the foot. I am SO writing a letter after the finale - I’m serious.

I strongly dislike any type of live voting during an initial broadcast as it’s not a true representation of the viewers and who they are voting for. “America” won’t be voting for the winners; only the folks at home on the east coast and in  the central time zones will be voting. (I can vote now too, but please allow me to channel my inner 10 year old and whine about it not being fair. Thanks!)

Spread the word to other West Coast fans on DWTS.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Bridget said:

@CALIPIANO81, Thanks for posting the information about the website for the live voting. I appreciate it more than you know, especially as I’m on the west coast. Now we all have a chance to visit the site and familiarize ourselves with the interface before Monday. Had it not been for your sharing of the info, I’d never know about it

No problem. I'm at least glad they are opening up the voting at the very start of the show. I had been anticipating the vote would only last minutes and be opened up sometime buried in the middle of the EST broadcast and we'd have to find some live stream or live blog to figure out when voting would start.

I wonder if DWTSLiveVote.com is actually a different site or it just redirects back to the usual dwtsvote.abc.go.com?

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Interesting song selections for the freestyle. 

Those are some weird choices. I'm sure Bobby's is going to be a grandiose tribute to himself. Are Alexis and Milo going to do tributes to their mothers again?

No clue what Evanna's is about.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Spread the word to other West Coast fans on DWTS.

Consider it done. 

I will post the details of how to vote on my Facebook page with the following preface: “As long as you will vote for Evanna or Milo...” 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

No problem. I'm at least glad they are opening up the voting at the very start of the show. I had been anticipating the vote would only last minutes and be opened up sometime buried in the middle of the EST broadcast and we'd have to find some live stream or live blog to figure out when voting would start.

I wonder if DWTSLiveVote.com is actually a different site or it just redirects back to the usual dwtsvote.abc.go.com?

Yes, thank you.  I also thought that we might get only a five minute window which some shows like The Voice does.  At least, the West Coast has a chance to vote.

• Love 1

Do you think DWTS would want Bobby to win?  Winners don't necessarily have to be the best dancer but they are at least good dancers.  Bobby is not even proficient at it.  OTOH, it would be good for ABC since he's going to be AI's full time mentor.  Ugh on that!!  I was watching that show and now I have to FF through his segments.  And I'm the type of person that doesn't mind DWTS pre-packages or judges' comments.

I even read an article speculating whether ABC is going to ask him to be on The Bachelor.  The article did state that they don't see how he would have time but it's still out there. 

I also hope that Bobby doesn't keep appearing on the show like Alfonso and Rashad does.  At least those two can dance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

Do you think DWTS would want Bobby to win?  Winners don't necessarily have to be the best dancer but they are at least good dancers.  Bobby is not even proficient at it.  OTOH, it would be good for ABC since he's going to be AI's full time mentor.  Ugh on that!!  I was watching that show and now I have to FF through his segments.  And I'm the type of person that doesn't mind DWTS pre-packages or judges' comments.

Unfortunately, yes, it would benefit ABC if he won. However, they would also benefit from Milo winning, since he's a Disney kid. I don't know about the two women, unless one or both of them go on tour. They seem to have a vested interest in keeping Alexis around, so I think she is either going to go on their tour or work for ABC in some capacity.

Evanna winning isn't really going to benefit them, but then again, people like Rumer Willis and Laurie Hernandez winning didn't  benefit them either. So who knows.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I even read an article speculating whether ABC is going to ask him to be on The Bachelor.  The article did state that they don't see how he would have time but it's still out there. 

I also hope that Bobby doesn't keep appearing on the show like Alfonso and Rashad does.  At least those two can dance.

This is going way beyond ridiculous. I don't watch that show that is full of air heads, but I sure hope Bobby won't be on the Bachelor. I think DWTS is enjoying the PR that Bobby and others are generating for him because it is connected to DWTS. And lets face it, DWTS needs all the publicity it can get in hopes of getting more viewers. But Bobby won't win. As I have said before, the judges have no doubt gotten their marching orders to score him low so winning does not happen. Watch for it, it will happen. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

But Bobby won't win. As I have said before, the judges have no doubt gotten their marching orders to score him low so winning does not happen. Watch for it, it will happen. 

I sure hope you are correct!

• Love 2

I dont even think Im going to watch the finale. All I care about is the winner and I hope its Evanna, so I may tune into the last few minutes to see who win and catch the freestyles on youtube. I kinda have clocked out of this season after week 4 and just catched highlights on youtube, so im not even invested enough to sit through and watch entire finale show, o hell no.

• Love 1

I was looking at the DWTS Gossip site.  It looks like there may not be a DWTS spring season. My guess is because it is because of American Idol. And I am also sure it is because of the dismal ratings this season. But Tom said on twitter that he doubted that there will be a spring season of DWTS.  Boo!!!! As much as I gripe about the show, I am gonna miss it if this is starting to be the end of it. I have watched it since season 5. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

I was looking at the DWTS Gossip site.  It looks like there may not be a DWTS spring season. My guess is because it is because of American Idol. And I am also sure it is because of the dismal ratings this season. But Tom said on twitter that he doubted that there will be a spring season of DWTS.  Boo!!!! As much as I gripe about the show, I am gonna miss it if this is starting to be the end of it. I have watched it since season 5. 

I've always said once they go to once a year that's going to be the beginning of the end for the show as people will find other things to watch. Not to mention the pros will move on since they need paychecks and we'll be stuck with a bunch of troupe people playing the role of pros.

I hope rebooting American Idol was worth it for ABC.

• Love 6

I have yet to watch the last show.  I suspect I may not get up the tolerance to do so.  I've been a fan since S3 but this may be it.  I'm sure grateful to this show and esp SYTYCD for privileging dance and changing its place in artistic society and pop culture to the extent that it has.  I'm super chuffed for the pros who got to experience being stars. 

• Love 1

I personally like it going down to just 1 season a year. When it's on so much you never get a chance to miss it. It was so over-saturated for me that for a few years I just didn't watch. I needed a break!

But I agree that if it does cut back to 1 season a year it's probably not a very good sign for it's longevity. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I read somewhere that Evanna had chosen the "perfect"song and I knew then that she has lost. Came here, saw the song and now I am sure.    

How in the world does that mean she lost? Im confused

• Love 6

We all knew it was coming, you can’t defend the ratings this season. The budget cuts due to American Idol and THAT spring season has killed the show. Whether it moves to summer or stays fall only is up for debate, you’d imagine it may well get a new transmission day as well. But we’re approaching the end of the show on ABC anyway. I’ve said before my guess is they’ll finish it on a landmark at season 30, meaning we have three seasons left. However if ratings continue to decline at the rate they have since season 25, we may not even get that!

I’ve not really been invested at all in this season and didn’t even watch the semi finals last week. I’ll watch the final live though and I’d recommend that others do as well, simply because the show’s longevity depends on people like us watching it live. I’ll just go for a bathroom break for the parts not including Milo, Evanna and the pros.

Edited by Emily-D
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Emily-D said:

We all knew it was coming, you can’t defend the ratings this season. The budget cuts due to American Idol and THAT spring season has killed the show.

I agree with the bolded. Obviously the show hadn't been getting the ratings it was say five years ago but far as I'm aware, up until last year, they were still averaging 10 million viewers and getting 2.1 in viewer share which is good. But then ABC decided to waste a bunch of money on American Idol that no one was really clamoring for and decided to gut DWTS in favor of it and now we're here. That crap four week Spring season killed the show because I know many were like me, someone who has watched the show since the beginning but didn't even bother watching. And for all that, the American Idol reboot is still only a middling success with far as I can tell, little buzz. 

1 hour ago, PBGamer89 said:

How in the world does that mean she lost? Im confused

So am I

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I agree with the bolded. Obviously the show hadn't been getting the ratings it was say five years ago but far as I'm aware, up until last year, they were still average 10 million and getting 2.1 in viewer share which is good. But then ABC decided to waste a bunch of money on American Idol that no one was really clamoring for and decided to gut DWTS in favor of it and now we're here. That crap four week Spring season killed the show because I know many were like me, someone who has watched the show since the beginning but didn't even bother watching. And for all that, the American Idol was still only a middling success with far as I can tell, little buzz. 

What annoys me most is that if you read any DWTS site --- here, other board, blogs, reviews --- they all say the same things. Get better pros. Get better celebs. Stop manufacturing showmances and manipulating results. Bring back the results show. Stop with the big troupe-filled production numbers, just put the couple on the floor to dance. Yet the producers are so intent on pulling in the younger viewers, who are STILL not the main demographic for this show, that they're ignoring everything that would make the show more enjoyable again.

While the current female pro lineup is much better than the males, it's still not that compelling like it was when you had Karina, Cheryl, Anna, Edyta and Kym. Now it's just a bunch of bottle blondes whipping their hair around and Sharna. Edyta in her skimpy costumes was sexy.....Peta in her skimpy costumes is trashy. Are we even going to try to pretend that Sasha, Keo, Gleb and Alan have the same kind of charisma and attraction for the audience as Derek, Maks, Mark and Tony? Maks ripping open his shirt (before he started overdoing it) was sexy...Sasha ripping open his shirt just makes me cringe. Gleb doing it makes me want to vomit.

Viewers don't get to know the celebs that much anymore because there's too much emphasis put on all these pro/pro relationships. There are no more confessionals and interviews and behind the scenes footage without the results show. And I don't know one person who enjoys the troupe and wants to see them doing the bumpers and pro dances over the actual pros.....except the teenagers on Twitter who spend all their time tweeting the troupe members because they're so desperate to become pros that they think answering them back will raise their popularity enough for a spot.

If this is the end of the line for the show, ABC has no one to blame but themselves. The audience has more than made it known as to what they want to see. ABC is just not listening.

• Love 5

I think it has gotten harder and harder for DWTS to get "stars" to be on their show. And this season proves it.  I think that DWTS has no one to blame but themselves. I am sure we aren't the only ones who sees the manipulation that goes on in that show. And in this season especially,  bad dancers stay, while good ones go. I bet some "stars" that have better name recognition have not gone on DWTS because of all the manipulation, not to mention the inconsistent scores from the judges.  A star probably figures why bust his/her butts, when in the end it won't matter, because producers/judges have favorites regardless.    

52 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

I think it has gotten harder and harder for DWTS to get "stars" to be on their show. And this season proves it.  I think that DWTS has no one to blame but themselves. I am sure we aren't the only ones who sees the manipulation that goes on in that show. And in this season especially,  bad dancers stay, while good ones go. I bet some "stars" that have better name recognition have not gone on DWTS because of all the manipulation, not to mention the inconsistent scores from the judges.  A star probably figures why bust his/her butts, when in the end it won't matter, because producers/judges have favorites regardless.    

YMMV but I don't believe this is the issue with getting celebrities. Namely because as I've said before, I don't agree that DWTS was ever getting this high calibre of stars. Right from the start, the show was seen as a show for "has-been" celebrities - those who were famous once upon a time. And in my opinion, it's that stigma that made it difficult to get any major celebrities because no one wanted to be associated with that idea. I remember Minnie Driver, in an interview on Kimmel I believe, saying that she enjoyed the show but her agent told her she shouldn't do it because people saw it as a show for washed up celebrities. 

As the seasons went on, more and more athletes started competing, a few young up and coming celebrities and more importantly, the show's ratings were massive and it became something of a pop culture guilty pleasure. And so it started attracting a few more recognizable names but even then, the show was never getting these huge name celebrities, IMO. So I don't find the current cast any different than past casts and I don't buy that celebrities aren't signing up because of the idea of the show's manipulations and better dancers being eliminated, etc. 

If the show is struggling to get celebrities to sign on now it's because again, the stigma of "you're washed up when you're doing DWTS", compounded it with it no longer being a ratings juggernaut so that means there really is no incentive in it anymore for them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but I don't believe this is the issue with getting celebrities. Namely because as I've said before, I don't agree that DWTS was ever getting this high calibre of stars. Right from the start, the show was seen as a show for "has-been" celebrities - those who were famous once upon a time. And in my opinion, it's that stigma that made it difficult to get any major celebrities because no one wanted to be associated with that idea. I remember Minnie Driver, in an interview on Kimmel I believe, saying that she enjoyed the show but her agent told her she shouldn't do it because people saw it as a show for washed up celebrities. 

As the seasons went on, more and more athletes started competing, a few young up and coming celebrities and more importantly, the show's ratings were massive and it became something of a pop culture guilty pleasure. And so it started attracting a few more recognizable names but even then, the show was never getting these huge name celebrities, IMO. So I don't find the current cast any different than past casts and I don't buy that celebrities aren't signing up because of the idea of the show's manipulations and better dancers being eliminated, etc. 

If the show is struggling to get celebrities to sign on now it's because again, the stigma of "you're washed up when you're doing DWTS", compounded it with it no longer being a ratings juggernaut so that means there really is no incentive in it anymore for them. 

So much this.  I feel like we can have the pro argument in circles for years and not get anywhere, but I still don't see this revisionist version of DWTS that often gets held up where it was once getting A-list or even B-list stars.  In Season 1 we had a washed up boybander, a soap star, a Bachelorette person, a model and a person who was best known for a small side role on a popular sitcom.  Then in S2 we followed that up with the likes of another washed up Drew Lachey, Lisa Rinna, Stacey Keibler, etc.  We have always had some popular athletes and we got some nostalgia names that the audience liked to back, but I'm just curious what are these big popular names that people see as a means of saying the show has changed in regards to the celebs. 

Some people maybe became watercooler names because of what they did on the show, because the show itself was a watercooler moment for quite a number of years.  But they didn't come into it as big names and they weren't big names outside of DWTS fandom.  Also people like Zendaya don't count since any extreme fame she found was after DWTS and she certainly wasn't A-list when she was on the show.

We have always had Disney stars, and we have one in the finals this season.  We have a person that was part of one of the biggest movie franchises of all time.  We've got the nostalgia people.  We have the athletes.  We have a not super well known model, but we've had those from the beginning.  So what is the difference?

Also of course the longer you go, the harder it is going to be to sign celebrities because your pool of applicants gets smaller and of course many celebs won't want to do it at all.  Either because it's seen as for washed up celebs or they are too scared/fearful of being bad and/or getting no votes.  It's a big ego hit for many.

So no, IMO the show possibly winding up in the next handful of seasons is not because we suddenly need better celebs when we never had them in the first place.

• Love 8

I totally agree with spanana. We never had a listers, the pros made the show. Love or hate them they were they best in their field. Dwts needs to hire new pros asap (hopefully not from sytycd) and get rid of the troupe. A new executive producer won’t hurt. Celebrities are not the problem imho. 

• Love 2

I agree that the caliber of stars has always been mediocre, but back in the day I would know at least 50% of the cast.  These days I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2.   I personally don't care about the "washed up" celebs if they were popular for awhile (Nicole Scherzinger, Amber Riley, George Hamilton, Mya, Brandy, Donny Osmond).  I much prefer them to new celebs that have been famous for a minute.

I won't even blame them for the Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants because while I don't watch these shows and I don't like casting them I'm sure that its ABC forcing their hand.

I just hate that now we have "social media celebs." 

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I agree that the caliber of stars has always been mediocre, but back in the day I would know at least 50% of the cast.  These days I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2.   I personally don't care about the "washed up" celebs if they were popular for awhile (Nicole Scherzinger, Amber Riley, George Hamilton, Mya, Brandy, Donny Osmond).  I much prefer them to new celebs that have been famous for a minute.

I won't even blame them for the Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants because while I don't watch these shows and I don't like casting them I'm sure that its ABC forcing their hand.

I just hate that now we have "social media celebs." 

But if you burn through all the known celebs that were popular for awhile, or the ones that will do the show, then all you are going to be left with are new celebs that have been famous for a minute because the first set isn't an endless pool of people.  Also we've had reality stars since day one and social media stars, at least since S19.  I'm not sure if anybody before Bethany Mota qualifies as a social media star since those lines are blurred nowadays, but that was Bethany's main claim to fame.  S19 was four years ago.

Also I guess my question is knowing less of the cast also just because we as watchers are getting older and/or because there is no way for anyone to keep up with all avenues of entertainment anymore or is it actually the celebs?  Because also the face of entertainment has changed in the last ten years.  Not just in terms of social media, but in the rise of streaming like Netflix/Roku/Amazon, endless cable channels, online shows, and etc.  I consider myself a pop culture junkie, but nobody can keep up with it all and watch all the shows.  Whereas in the older days, which I'm speaking for myself here as well, you were aware of most everything because there were less channels and less avenues for distribution.  It was easier to "know" people.

Speaking just for myself, the issue isn't really the celebs or pros.  The pros could use a change up, particularly on the male side, and the pros in general could use some more diversity to reflect what the real world looks like, but my biggest issue with the show is 100% the over the top manipulation and such.  Also just the show needing a shot of new energy, as any show needs an injection of energy after 10 plus years.  No show is going to live forever, unless you are maybe the Simpsons.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Gueststar said:

I totally agree with spanana. We never had a listers, the pros made the show. Love or hate them they were they best in their field. Dwts needs to hire new pros asap (hopefully not from sytycd) and get rid of the troupe. A new executive producer won’t hurt. Celebrities are not the problem imho. 

That's a huge difference. The original pros were champions in their field. Then they started picking from SYTYCD and BtF and I'm not even sure a lot of these dancers were ballroom champions. Is there anyone in the current cast, other than Val, that wasn't part of one one of these shows?

• Love 1

Dwts will never get A list celebs unless they dedicate a season for Celebs to come on and compete for charity. Most A listers want do this show any reason but that. They can do the show for their charity and their winnings will go to that charity.

So I have dinner plans tonight with out-of-town friends.  At first, I was bummed that it was the same night as the finale.  Now I think it’s for the best.  I’ll come on here — see who won — that will determine if I circle back and watch the show or just skip it altogether.  Go Evanna!!!!

• Love 1

Has anyone checked out Peta's IG story she put up about 4 hours ago? It's a trip down memory lane and the times Peta won in the DWTS Finales. All I can do is shake my head. Looks like Miss "Me, Me Me" doesn't like it she is not the center of attention anymore. 

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 1

I know I won't be watching live since my Mondays are filled up with so many other shows. It is a benefit, though, because I miss all the filler segments and non-dance stuff, for the most part. I'l flip back and forth during commercials, but still. 

I'm pretty sure I have a good guess on the order of 4th-1st place. My thoughts are this: 

4th: Alexis and Alan
3rd: Evanna and Keo
2nd: Bobby and Sharna
1st: Milo and Witney

Both women have been in jeopardy multiple times, so I doubt that either of them win, let alone get second. Bobby has a rabid fanbase, so he'll get second at least. I think Milo still has the best chances of winning, though. I mean, I'm prepared for an unexpected winner, but no way does he get 4th or 3rd if he doesn't win.

This may not happen, but I'm prepping myself for the worst: Bobby/Sharna winning. It might not happen and it shouldn't but I'm preparing....just in case. 

10 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

Has anyone checked out Peta's IG story she put up about 4 hours ago? It's a trip down memory lane and the times Peta won in the DWTS Finales. All I can do is shake my head. Looks like Miss "Me, Me Me" doesn't like it she is not the center of attention anymore. 

Don't be surprised to see Maks and Peta announce a pregnancy tonight between all his "look everyone I really love Peta!" posts and her post convincing herself she could get back into shape quickly after pregnancy (wouldn't want to miss out on all those acting opportunities!). Last time they announced right after the finale was over and I fully expect them to do something to take the focus off the show and put it on themselves. The only thing I wonder is if Erin will once again "accidentally congratulate them without realizing her mic is on."

9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I know I won't be watching live since my Mondays are filled up with so many other shows. It is a benefit, though, because I miss all the filler segments and non-dance stuff, for the most part. I'l flip back and forth during commercials, but still. 

I'm pretty sure I have a good guess on the order of 4th-1st place. My thoughts are this: 

4th: Alexis and Alan
3rd: Evanna and Keo
2nd: Bobby and Sharna

Both women have been in jeopardy multiple times, so I doubt that either of them win, let alone get second. Bobby has a rabid fanbase, so he'll get second at least. I think Milo still has the best chances of winning, though. I mean, I'm prepared for an unexpected winner, but no way does he get 4th or 3rd if he doesn't win.

This may not happen, but I'm prepping myself for the worst: Bobby/Sharna winning. It might not happen and it shouldn't but I'm preparing....just in case. 

My top 4 are:

4th: Bobby and Sharna

3rd: Alexis and Alan

2nd: Evanna and Keo

I can see the 1st and 2nd positions changing and to a lesser extent, 3rd and 4th. I would not mind if Evanna and Keo won, if Milo and Witney don't. I will be pissed if Bobby and Sharna come in second.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Don't be surprised to see Maks and Peta announce a pregnancy tonight between all his "look everyone I really love Peta!" posts and her post convincing herself she could get back into shape quickly after pregnancy (wouldn't want to miss out on all those acting opportunities!). Last time they announced right after the finale was over and I fully expect them to do something to take the focus off the show and put it on themselves. The only thing I wonder is if Erin will once again "accidentally congratulate them without realizing her mic is on."

Ha! Maybe they will show their faces on DWTS and announce their pregnancy on there.  If they don't, I fully expect them to announce their pregnancy on Val and Jenna's wedding day. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

Ha! Maybe they will show their faces on DWTS and announce their pregnancy on there.  If they don't, I fully expect them to announce their pregnancy on Val and Jenna's wedding day. 

Well, Peta did just post that she's on her way to DWTS. 

2 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

Almost every pro has done this today.  Allison posted pictures of her and Riker, Jenna about Adam, etc.  Surely not just a Peta thing.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Well, Peta did just post that she's on her way to DWTS. 

I saw her run onto the stage to hug Sharna. I had to do a double take because her hair appeared longer and light brown. (Maybe it was the ballroom lighting and so much damn confetti everywhere, but she didn’t look blonde at all. I am too upset to check social media right now to confirm her hair color, but her Botoxed face is immediately recognizable!

• Love 2

After reading here about the outcome, I quit watching the show last night before the awarding of the trophy.  And I am SO disgusted that I am now taking DWTS OFF my home page for PTV.  I don't care what happens there from now on.  I'm out.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

That's a huge difference. The original pros were champions in their field. Then they started picking from SYTYCD and BtF and I'm not even sure a lot of these dancers were ballroom champions. Is there anyone in the current cast, other than Val, that wasn't part of one one of these shows?

Cheryl?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, JeanneH said:

Cheryl?

I meant the newer pros. Cheryl is what they should be doing...bringing back the original pros, even if it's just a couple per season. 

I know Val wasn't in the original pro cast, but I've always thought of him to be more along the lines of that group. But right after him, when they brought Peta and Tristan in, is where I cut the line between older pros and newer pros.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I meant the newer pros. Cheryl is what they should be doing...bringing back the original pros, even if it's just a couple per season. 

I know Val wasn't in the original pro cast, but I've always thought of him to be more along the lines of that group. But right after him, when they brought Peta and Tristan in, is where I cut the line between older pros and newer pros.

From this season:

SYTYCD contestants:

Artem, Sasha, Brandon, Alan, Witney, Lindsay, Jenna

Non-SYTYCD contestants:

Cheryl, Sharna, Emma, Gleb, Keo

In addition, Haley from the troupe is from the show.  Just based off this season, certain audience members don't care about the quality of pros since they voted for Joe and Bobby.  That means they don't care about dance technique or whether dances follow the assigned style.