Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Peta may have dabbled in a few interests during the time Maks dumped her (like her tanning crap and having actual friends of her own), but everything she does now revolves around Maks. Did you read her recent interview in US Weekly? She's trying to decide whether to do more movies (as if movie producers are knocking down her door), or pop out a quick kid. I'm sure she'll pick whichever will keep Maks around and interested.

Im not even sure Peta would want another child right now after basically just getting her figure back and seem to be venturing out a bit. It just seems she would put that off for a bit.  I agree Peta is all about Maks but atleast it seems like she can actually hangout and have fun without him all the time. Jenna doesnt even know what having fun with others mean since she got with Val, he is her only friend.

Tbh I'm surprised Peta had a baby as early as she did. She was already a over a month along when the Nyle season ended. I figured she would continue on the show uninterrupted until she was around 35 or so and then get pregnant. She missed one season due to injury, then pregnancy, and now who knows when she'll be back. 

1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

I agree Peta is all about Maks but atleast it seems like she can actually hangout and have fun without him all the time. Jenna doesnt even know what having fun with others mean since she got with Val, he is her only friend.

Jenna is no different than Peta. They're both BFFs with anyone the Chmerkovskiy boys deem okay. Nicole Volynets tops that list.

26 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

Tbh I'm surprised Peta had a baby as early as she did. She was already a over a month along when the Nyle season ended. I figured she would continue on the show uninterrupted until she was around 35 or so and then get pregnant. She missed one season due to injury, then pregnancy, and now who knows when she'll be back. 

She did what she had to do to prevent being dumped a second time. Maks wanted a kid and he wanted one now. When he actually went through with giving her a ring and made such a major production of it, the writing was on the wall. Had it been her choice, I'm with you, I doubt she would've had one so early.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Jenna is no different than Peta. They're both BFFs with anyone the Chmerkovskiy boys deem okay. Nicole Volynets tops that list.

She did what she had to do to prevent being dumped a second time. Maks wanted a kid and he wanted one now. When he actually went through with giving her a ring and made such a major production of it, the writing was on the wall. Had it been her choice, I'm with you, I doubt she would've had one so early.

I find it strange that Jenna doesnt seem as close to her utah BFFs Lindsay and Whitney. I think Lindsay and her are on better terms than before but u can tell whitney and her dont see to gel that much anymore.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I find it strange that Jenna doesnt seem as close to her utah BFFs Lindsay and Whitney. I think Lindsay and her are on better terms than before but u can tell whitney and her dont see to gel that much anymore.

I think Jenna was always closer to Lindsay because they lived in the same town and went to the same schools since Kindergarten. Witney lived in a different town and thus, different schools. Jenna and Lindsay are indirectly going to be family - Jenna's brother is married to the sister of Jensen's (Lindsay's sister) fiance.  

I don't think Jenna has that many female friends, though. Just a hunch.

Edited by fpbl83
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

I think Jenna was always closer to Lindsay because they lived in the same town and went to the same schools since Kindergarten. Witney lived in a different town and thus, different schools. Jenna and Lindsay are indirectly going to be family - Jenna's brother is married to the sister of Jensen's (Lindsay's sister) fiance.  

I don't think Jenna has that many female friends, though. Just a hunch.

Its kinda hard to have alot female friends when ur a very insecure woman and needs all attention on u. Like I said her only friend really is Val.

I have to give Jenna a bit of credit though that back when she was doing her blog (pre getting back together with Val the last time), she straight up admitted she was very insecure and spent most of her first several years on DWTS comparing herself to everyone.  In terms of looks, weight, attention, etc.  As a result, she also wasn't very "real" and spent most of her time putting up fronts.  So I think her not having a lot of female friends at the time had a lot to do with her own admitted insecurities.  Now she likes to claim she has gotten past all of that, or so I think, and whether one believes that or not is one thing.  Though I do think she is a lot more comfortable in her own skin than she was a few years ago.  Whether she's still annoying is something else entirely, but she at least seems to have settled into herself a bit.

Friend wise I agree she was always closer with Lindsay than Witney.  I get the impression that she and Witney had a more competitive relationship than she and Lindsay have. I think because Lindsay is the type that is everyone's best friend.  Jenna also used to live with Brittany Cherry, but now I think both live with their fiancee/boyfriend.  But I also imagine part of the issue is that when Jenna first started hanging out with Val and the fam, she tried to attach herself to those women (Peta, Sharna, etc.) and less so her original friends.  I remember very early DWTS Jenna thought it was hilarious that she, Peta, and Sharna were for some reason "the scissor sisters" and she would post it on every pic of them.  I 100% don't think Jenna had a clue what that term meant when she used to hashtag it everywhere.  She also would often try to attach herself to a celeb, either fam related or one that could do something for her.  Example, she went on vacation with Meryl post S18 and Jenna would call Meryl her BFF.  Then Meryl went back to her regular life and her actual close friends.

Now it seems like they are all at least in better places with each other.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, spanana said:

I have to give Jenna a bit of credit though that back when she was doing her blog (pre getting back together with Val the last time), she straight up admitted she was very insecure and spent most of her first several years on DWTS comparing herself to everyone.  In terms of looks, weight, attention, etc.  As a result, she also wasn't very "real" and spent most of her time putting up fronts.  So I think her not having a lot of female friends at the time had a lot to do with her own admitted insecurities.  Now she likes to claim she has gotten past all of that, or so I think, and whether one believes that or not is one thing.  Though I do think she is a lot more comfortable in her own skin than she was a few years ago.  Whether she's still annoying is something else entirely, but she at least seems to have settled into herself a bit.

Friend wise I agree she was always closer with Lindsay than Witney.  I get the impression that she and Witney had a more competitive relationship than she and Lindsay have. I think because Lindsay is the type that is everyone's best friend.  Jenna also used to live with Brittany Cherry, but now I think both live with their fiancee/boyfriend.  But I also imagine part of the issue is that when Jenna first started hanging out with Val and the fam, she tried to attach herself to those women (Peta, Sharna, etc.) and less so her original friends.  I remember very early DWTS Jenna thought it was hilarious that she, Peta, and Sharna were for some reason "the scissor sisters" and she would post it on every pic of them.  I 100% don't think Jenna had a clue what that term meant when she used to hashtag it everywhere.  She also would often try to attach herself to a celeb, either fam related or one that could do something for her.  Example, she went on vacation with Meryl post S18 and Jenna would call Meryl her BFF.  Then Meryl went back to her regular life and her actual close friends.

Now it seems like they are all at least in better places with each other.

I think JJ is still very insecure. She lost the weight and got the guy but if she were to lose it all today, she will be back to who she was, very insecure and fake. I thinking have Val in her life is keeping her secure. She is one of those women who have to have a man for validation and its sad.

12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Just confirmed that DWTS finale is Monday 11/19 ONLY. Does this mean no 24-hr fusion dance?

This season has been so wack. Im sure either Bobby or Joe going to win. I cant believe they gave Bobby another Pimp spot, wth.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Just confirmed that DWTS finale is Monday 11/19 ONLY. Does this mean no 24-hr fusion dance?

Um, wow, so viewers can't vote on the freestyles? I wonder if they're doing this so that Joe or Bobby WON'T win. If only the judges' votes count toward choosing the winner in the finale, then they can control who gets the mirror ball.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BrainyBlonde said:

Um, wow, so viewers can't vote on the freestyles? I wonder if they're doing this so that Joe or Bobby WON'T win. If only the judges' votes count toward choosing the winner in the finale, then they can control who gets the mirror ball.

TBH, I always felt that Tuesday was mostly a filler anyway. They don't need 2 hours on Tues. to announce the winner. So I always felt Tuesdays was a waste of time. If anything, Tuesday should have only been one hour long. The only thing that stinks is what about viewers voting for the freestyles? Is there gonna be like a stupid 2 minute window where TV viewers can vote? And will it be by phone, online, or what? 

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Unless they do the freestyles next week, before the finale, but wouldn't that mean they need to eliminate four or five couples by then?

Only 2 weeks until the finale. They need to start eliminating people fast.  Do they want a 3 couple or 4 couple finale? IIRC, usually in the fall season they have had mostly 4 couples.  8 couples right now. They would have to have a double elimination tonight and next week to have a 4 couple finale.  Unless there is gonna be more than 4 couples on finale night and they eliminate a couple(s) that same night. You can really tell DWTS has a new show runner this season.  

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

This season has been so wack. Im sure either Bobby or Joe going to win. I cant believe they gave Bobby another Pimp spot, wth.

This is Bobby's third pimp spot but he still complains.  Alexis and Evanna haven't had any.  Then they wonder why all the females are gone.

• Love 3

Well, guys I believe the annoying showmance has become a reality. It seems like the video package for tonight is showing Alan admitting he has feelings for Alexis and they kissed. I would like think Alan and Alexis wouldnt go as far to pretend kiss to get votes so i guess this is real. Either way, im not impressed and ready for this season to end quickly.

8 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Well, guys I believe the annoying showmance has become a reality. It seems like the video package for tonight is showing Alan admitting he has feelings for Alexis and they kissed. I would like think Alan and Alexis wouldnt go as far to pretend kiss to get votes so i guess this is real. Either way, im not impressed and ready for this season to end quickly.

They are young, single, very attractive and in constant physical contact. Seems natural to me.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, gohawks said:

They are young, single, very attractive and in constant physical contact. Seems natural to me.

Yes, they are in constant physical contact and they see each other all day long.  So they are probably physically attracted to each other.  However, it's similar to The Bachelor where the show is creating an unnatural environment.  Then they go back to their daily lives and find out that they don't like each other as much as they thought they did.  Robert and Kym worked out but since these two are young, I see them dating for awhile but probably not lasting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vdw84 said:

Well, if it is, I doubt it will last. And why do they insist on doing their PDA in a video package in public.  If I was a real cynical person, I can probably guess why. The vibe is getting stronger that Alexis will be on the DWTS tour, so look for her in the finale. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Yes, they are in constant physical contact and they see each other all day long.  So they are probably physically attracted to each other.  However, it's similar to The Bachelor where the show is creating an unnatural environment.  Then they go back to their daily lives and find out that they don't like each other as much as they thought they did.  Robert and Kym worked out but since these two are young, I see them dating for awhile but probably not lasting.

Same. I actually feel like these two probably have genuine feelings for each other in some capacity.  But there is a difference between being put in this sort of high pressure situation where you spend 24/7 with someone in a very specific set of circumstances and dating in the real world.  I think lots of celebs/pros have hooked up with each other and/or dated quietly and there is a reason why most didn't make it long term.  This is not a real life situation and it's easy to get caught up in the emotions.  Robert/Kym are the only success story if you don't care pro/pro hook-ups.  We had an engagement with Mario and Karina.  Were their other broken engagements?  There was also the mess that was Sabrina/Mark and of course our showmances like Janel/Val and Kelly/Val.

Edited by spanana
25 minutes ago, spanana said:

Same. I actually feel like these two probably have genuine feelings for each other in some capacity.  But there is a difference between being put in this sort of high pressure situation where you spend 24/7 with someone in a very specific set of circumstances and dating in the real world.  I think lots of celebs/pros have hooked up with each other and/or dated quietly and there is a reason why most didn't make it long term.  This is not a real life situation and it's easy to get caught up in the emotions.  Robert/Kym are the only success story if you don't care pro/pro hook-ups.  We had an engagement with Mario and Karina.  Were their other broken engagements?  There was also the mess that was Sabrina/Mark and of course our showmances like Janel/Val and Kelly/Val.

The fact that she just broke up with her boyfriend of 9 months after he saw through so much for someone she just met, doesnt make sense. I mean her boyfriend was at the live showings and everything and then poof she ends things, how sad.

Just now, vdw84 said:

The fact that she just broke up with her boyfriend of 9 months after he saw through so much for someone she just met, doesnt make sense. I mean her boyfriend was at the live showings and everything and then poof she ends things, how sad.

I'm not going to say it's sad since I don't know the guy so I'm not going to immediately assume Alexis is the bad guy for ending it. I also don't even know if she ended it.  Janel did the same thing in her season though where her boyfriend would come to the show and cheer her on and then she broke up with him mid season so she could go full showmance with Val.  Though in Janel's case, I also 100% think she totally thought she was falling in love with Val.  I just don't think Alan is nearly as calculating as Val.

I think the thing that makes the whole Alexis and Alan thing seem even more contrived is that a week before the judges suddenly started conveniently discussing their amazing chemistry and "wink wink" at them, in their rehearsal package, she talked about her and Alan having a great sibling like relationship. Then they get another in jeopardy scare and it's clear they're not getting huge viewer votes and it's been full speed ahead with this "love story". The whole thing seems very staged.

Honestly, I was embarrassed for both Alexis and Alan last night watching the cringe package. And the unfortunate thing is she actually is a really good dancer. I loved their Samba last night. But this whole showmance is so annoying that I now want her gone just for that. I also can't help feeling like in a few years Alan will pull a Mark and get temporary amnesia whenever anyone brings up Alexis and that situation, much like Mark did with Sabrina. Who he now insists to any and everyone, he never dated. 

• Love 4

I think Alan is not truly invested in it. People want to believe that its real because they kissed. Great Actors kiss their costars all the time, no big thing. I mean what is going to hurt for Alan to kiss Alexis, its no big deal. This showmance was pushed hard after Tinashe got eliminated. The show didnt want to risk losing another great female dancer then bam the article about her breaking up with her boyfriend cameout and then showmance packages begun. I think she still has her boyfriend pic up on her page. Is that dude that is basically holding her breasts while she has on the red bikini her boyfriend because I thought it was.

The way I look at it is this ---- if there are real feelings there, they're not sitting in front of cameras proclaiming it to America, especially while it's so new. If I recall correctly, Kym and Robert didn't admit to anything until after their season was over.

• Love 4
Just now, Toonces464 said:

The way I look at it is this ---- if there are real feelings there, they're not sitting in front of cameras proclaiming it to America, especially while it's so new. If I recall correctly, Kym and Robert didn't admit to anything until after their season was over.

Its too much, that is why it seems fake. Everything is happening like clockwork. Its like the producers get on sm and read the comments each week and see how far they need to sell showmance. I guarantee next week in their package, Alan and Alexa may be going full blown french kissing.

3 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Its too much, that is why it seems fake. Everything is happening like clockwork. Its like the producers get on sm and read the comments each week and see how far they need to sell showmance. I guarantee next week in their package, Alan and Alexa may be going full blown french kissing.

How much do you want to bet they get a rumba next week?

6 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Title- US magazine online- Dancing With the Stars’ Alexis Ren Tweets That ‘Good Love Hurts’ Amid Alan Bersten Romance

Oh no! they are already ending the fake showmance…….

LOL!!  Probably means that she didn't get enough votes even with the showmance.  So she's eliminated next week.

• Love 3

So I didn't realize Alexis was on Twitter, since they keep calling her an Instagram Influencer, which in fairness, she has 12 million followers there, as opposed to only a million on Twitter. So makes sense. But in any case, I checked out her Twitter for the first time to see the comment being referenced above, and seems that's where she's been urging her fans to vote and posting a lot about the show. So I definitely believe now that the reason she posts so little about it on her Instagram feed is because her page is dedicated to the advertisers and brand she's pushing. Essentially her Instagram page is really her business page as opposed to a personal page.

Oh and she addressed the "faking a relationship" talk on Twitter, saying that anyone who thinks she would do that just to win a show doesn't know her at all. Okay, sure. Oh and also funny, there's all this Twitter flirting with her and Milo, with her calling him her bae, him calling her his girl and her all heart eyeing. The whole thing is hilarious and the comments are even funnier. Because a bunch of the teen fans are telling them to date, then others are yelling at them that Milo's only 17, then others are screaming that she and Alan are in love, etc. The whole thing's just hilarious. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Maybe Alexis and Bobby should date. Both of them have the maturity of 12 year olds.  

Can Alexis, Bobby and Joe go in a triple elimination next week?

Who would have thought I would put Alexis in the same category of Bobby and Joe but she is. They all three need to go. Most annoying contestants of the season.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Who would have thought I would put Alexis in the same category of Bobby and Joe but she is. They all three need to go. Most annoying contestants of the season.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that three people would manage to be more annoying than Mary Lou Retton.

This must be the most irritating cast of all time.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that three people would manage to be more annoying than Mary Lou Retton.

This must be the most irritating cast of all time.

Yes to all this. Joe, Bobby and now Alexis have truly ruined this season for me. Can the show replace Bobby, Joe and Alexis with Tinashe, Demarcus and John. Believe it or not John  deserve be there more than Bobby and Joe.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Yes to all this. Joe, Bobby and now Alexis have truly ruined this season for me. Can the show replace Bobby, Joe and Alexis with Tinashe, Demarcus and John. Believe it or not John  deserve be there more than Bobby and Joe.

At least Alexis can dance. I would take ANY of the eliminated contestants over Bobby and Joe.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

At least Alexis can dance. I would take ANY of the eliminated contestants over Bobby and Joe.

ALexis can dance but she has gotten pure annoying and desperate to the point I have to put her in the Bobby and Joe need to go elimination group.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

ALexis can dance but she has gotten pure annoying and desperate to the point I have to put her in the Bobby and Joe need to go elimination group.

They are both pretty desperate to win a silly dance show...Alexis for putting her love life out there, and Bobby for trashing his competitors.

And Joe...Dude, please. You came on this show to be closer to your girlfriend? He couldn't just move like most people? All three of them are desperate famewhores and can go any time now.

• Love 2
Just now, boyznkatz said:

They are both pretty desperate to win a silly dance show...Alexis for putting her love life out there, and Bobby for trashing his competitors.

And Joe...Dude, please. You came on this show to be closer to your girlfriend? He couldn't just move like most people? All three of them are desperate famewhores and can go any time now.

I feel bad for Alan. U can tell he just wants to dance, he isnt for this showmance crap. They dont even hangout really outside of the show. Alexis is always with Milo who is a kid, I mean what is that about and I noticed that she doesnt even follow most of the cast nor pros on sm. The way Len is obsessed with her. Len has never really cared for young women on the show, he would always favor the old. I mean he is even going on and on about their showmance. I have never known len to get involved in of the romantic mess that goes on in the show, that would be mostly carrieanne and bruno. This whole thing is just so damn weird.

Edited by vdw84
Just now, vdw84 said:

Len has never really cared for young women on the show, he would always favor the old.

Nah he's favored some younger women before. I feel like he tends to like the ones who have some type of ballet training, which tends to give them that great carriage/elegant feel. Like Kellie Pickler was his clear favorite (except for that week when he had a meltdown about her trio Paso dance) that season, while Carrie Ann loved Zendaya. And I think he loved Melissa Rycroft as well. So I can see on an aesthetic level (not meaning that she's hot but her frame and carriage as dancer) why he would like Alexis. 

• Love 2
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

Nah he's favored some younger women before. I feel like he tends to like the ones who have some type of ballet training, which tends to give them that great carriage/elegant feel. Like Kellie Pickler was his clear favorite (except for that week when he had a meltdown about her trio Paso dance) that season, while Carrie Ann loved Zendaya. And I think he loved Melissa Rycroft as well. So I can see on an aesthetic level (not meaning that she's hot but her frame and carriage as dancer) why he would like Alexis. 

Yeah, i think Carrieanne alway likes the feisty women more and so do bruno. I think they liked Tinashe better than Alexis. Len was all about ALexis. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

53 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Yeah, i think Carrieanne alway likes the feisty women more and so do bruno. I think they liked Tinashe better than Alexis. Len was all about ALexis. 

I agree with both of you.  Len is all about the frame and who is good at Standard ballroom.  CAI and Bruno like the feisty performers.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2018 at 11:20 AM, boyznkatz said:

How much do you want to bet they get a rumba next week?

Well, u my dear is right. They got the rumba. Lets get ready for round 4 of Im falling for you but Loves hurt. LOL.