Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I think they call it settling when you can't find anything better.

Well they are d-listers, so they periodically need to do something to get the tabloids to talk about them. Maks should be announcing a second baby soon.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

Well they are d-listers, so they periodically need to do something to get the tabloids to talk about them. Maks should be announcing a second baby soon.

Yes, he has to do something to steal the spotlight that's now been placed on Val!

On 6/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, McManda said:

So Val and Jenna are engaged? I saw it on Sharna's insta story, but Jenna posted it on Instagram herself. I thought the news fit here.

But Sharna's well wishes was posted at an inopportune time on her insta story, given her previous slide. Oops.

D234D168-A328-4744-A2DD-7F93F2DD7F7C.jpeg

Slide 2.

3D8309C3-FBE8-4EA6-9B4F-DB46953FC722.jpeg

Some of these pros seem to have photogs following them around all the time taking pics for their social media.  Who took this picture? What - did Val ask a waiter to take pics while he proposed? Or is this a re-enactment?  The Houghs do it all the time. Julianne + her husband go to Paris - wonderful city, romance galore! - except they bring a photographer to document the vacation (she admitted it on one of the IG pics at the time).  Derek travels with Michelle (I think that's her name) who I think doubles as photographer/personal assistant.  What a weird way to live thinking you have to document everything in your life for social media.

Anyway, yes, I got a laugh too when I saw this on Sharna's instastories.  Best wishes to both Jenna and Val, though not so sure how long this will last.  Jenna's worked hard for her super thin dancers body - wonder how willing she is to give it up for a baby. I seem to recall Val saying something to the effect that he's not so much looking to get married but he's anxious to become a father. 

8 hours ago, Uke said:

Some of these pros seem to have photogs following them around all the time taking pics for their social media.  Who took this picture? What - did Val ask a waiter to take pics while he proposed? Or is this a re-enactment?  The Houghs do it all the time. Julianne + her husband go to Paris - wonderful city, romance galore! - except they bring a photographer to document the vacation (she admitted it on one of the IG pics at the time).  Derek travels with Michelle (I think that's her name) who I think doubles as photographer/personal assistant.  What a weird way to live thinking you have to document everything in your life for social media.

Anyway, yes, I got a laugh too when I saw this on Sharna's instastories.  Best wishes to both Jenna and Val, though not so sure how long this will last.  Jenna's worked hard for her super thin dancers body - wonder how willing she is to give it up for a baby. I seem to recall Val saying something to the effect that he's not so much looking to get married but he's anxious to become a father. 

First thing I thought when I saw it.....they brought a photographer with them, just like Maks summoned the paparazzi to be there when he made his "surprise" proposal to Peta. Second thing was that Jenna was posed in exactly the same position as Peta during said "surprise" proposal.

Speaking of odd photos, did anyone see that weird pic Peta posted last week from their "romantic getaway" that looks like she and Maks are having a threesome with his doctor's wife? It's amazing that after this many years Maks and Peta have never taken a vacation alone.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

First thing I thought when I saw it.....they brought a photographer with them, just like Maks summoned the paparazzi to be there when he made his "surprise" proposal to Peta. Second thing was that Jenna was posed in exactly the same position as Peta during said "surprise" proposal.

Speaking of odd photos, did anyone see that weird pic Peta posted last week from their "romantic getaway" that looks like she and Maks are having a threesome with his doctor's wife? It's amazing that after this many years Maks and Peta have never taken a vacation alone.

Peta must have deleted it. All that's left is a pic of her + Maks on the plane and another on the beach.

2 hours ago, Uke said:

Peta must have deleted it. All that's left is a pic of her + Maks on the plane and another on the beach.

Sorry, it was an IG story so it's already gone. Joslin Seeds posted a bunch of pics yesterday on IG but that one isn't among them.

• Love 1

Good for Jenna for getting that MRS degree, even though she and Val have zero chemistry, much like Maks and Peta, Emma and Sasha, or Derek and Hayley. The people who have to flaunt their relationships in public also seem the most desperate.

By the way, did anyone catch Rashad, Jennie and Johnnie the baseball player on Family Feud yesterday? I guess they are recycling the cast of Dancing with the stars. It looks like Laurie Hernandez and Shaun Johnson are on next week.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Good for Jenna for getting that MRS degree, even though she and Val have zero chemistry, much like Maks and Peta, Emma and Sasha, or Derek and Hayley. The people who have to flaunt their relationships in public also seem the most desperate.

By the way, did anyone catch Rashad, Jennie and Johnnie the baseball player on Family Feud yesterday? I guess they are recycling the cast of Dancing with the stars. It looks like Laurie Hernandez and Shaun Johnson are on next week.

Someone made a list not too long ago of all the former DWTS contestants who will be on Family Feud this season. It's pretty extensive. I'm not sure about Pyramid but last season both Tom and Erin were on, so I imagine we're in for at least a few of them this season too.

And ITA with the ones who flaunt.....it's like they're trying to prove something, either to the fans or, more likely, themselves.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Gueststar said:

Are we going to discuss dwts junior edition? 

Right off the bat I see that Lindsay's sister and Jenna's niece are two of the Junior Pros. If most or all the Junior Pros are going to be either retreads from other dance shows or relatives/clients of the Grownup Pros, I don't know how to feel about that.

(edited)

Yeah, just as a question for the mods...are we okay discussing the speculation that's definitely spiked the last couple days in this thread? A DWTS:JR separate Speculation & rumors/spoilers thread? Or is the entire show going to get it's own separate section here?

I'm genuinely curious and don't want to step on anyone's toes either...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 9:56 PM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Yeah, just as a question for the mods...are we okay discussing the speculation that's definitely spiked the last couple days in this thread? A DWTS:JR separate Speculation & rumors/spoilers thread? Or is the entire show going to get it's own separate section here?

I'm genuinely curious and don't want to step on anyone's toes either...

We can do a separate thread as there should be no spoilers in this thread.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, boyznkatz said:

I really have no interest in the junior show. Does anyone know when the regular season starts? Any rumors?

Amen. I didn't watch the athletes' season, and I have absolutely zero interest in a kiddies' season, which I sure as heck won't be watching.  I hope @crowceilidh is right about Sept 24th premiere of the "real" DWTS, because I may still be interested if they don't stretch its premiere out any later than that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SnarkyTart said:

Amen. I didn't watch the athletes' season, and I have absolutely zero interest in a kiddies' season, which I sure as heck won't be watching.  I hope @crowceilidh is right about Sept 24th premiere of the "real" DWTS, because I may still be interested if they don't stretch its premiere out any later than that. 

September 24. It was delayed a week because they moved the Emmys to Monday night from Sunday night.

• Love 2

So I actually forgot about that DWTS Juniors thing (hell I've almost forgotten about the regular show itself) but GMA was playing in the background this morning as I got ready for work and I heard the announcement that apparently the three judges for the Juniors edition are: Val, Mandy Moore and Adam Rippon. Not sure if this was already known but thought I'd share. 

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So I actually forgot about that DWTS Juniors thing (hell I've almost forgotten about the regular show itself) but GMA was playing in the background this morning as I got ready for work and I heard the announcement that apparently the three judges for the Juniors edition are: Val, Mandy Moore and Adam Rippon. Not sure if this was already known but thought I'd share. 

Jenna's fiancee, mentor and mirrorball partner. Should be an easy win for her mentee.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Jenna's fiancee, mentor and mirrorball partner. Should be an easy win for her mentee.

I still haven't figured out why they are trying so hard to make her happen. Or Val. No one cared about Maks and Peta, so I don't think they would care about them, either.

I really wish they would bring back Cheryl, Karina, Tony, etc. and ship off Mandy Moore for good.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Nope. Her mentee is her niece, but is partnered with Tripp Palin. This isn't a spoiler, just a hunch based on some vague supportive social media activity sent Jenna's way, but I think they might have been eliminated in the first taping. (It's taping now, but doesn't air until Oct.)

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

Wait, it’s not airing live?  Are the judges the only ones voting?  Sounds even more boring than I initially thought.

Studio audience gets a vote, but yeah, nothing live. Allegedly a labor laws issue - hard to orchestrate a live show when your whole cast can’t work more than 4 hrs a day.

Might be part of why Adams’s there actually. Him + studio audience make up the 50% of the vote that just goes off performance and gut feelings. 

(The other part likely being charisma & his ability to generate quippy sound bites.)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I still haven't figured out why they are trying so hard to make her happen. Or Val. No one cared about Maks and Peta, so I don't think they would care about them, either.

I really wish they would bring back Cheryl, Karina, Tony, etc. and ship off Mandy Moore for good.

I think they're trying to make them happen because Maks and Peta didn't. No one really cares about them except Peta's fans and so many of those people seem to have now turned their attention to Val and Jenna. So if the interest is there, the show is going to go for it.

Also I said this in the other thread, but on a kids show that requires eliminations, it's also safer to be taped so they can edit around any super uncomfortable meltdowns.  When X Factor used to be on, in their one season they had a bunch of young kids on and there were some major uncomfortable breakdowns on live television when kids got eliminated.  Look up Rachel Crow's elimination and you will see what I mean.  Some tears are fine, but this way they have more control over what gets aired.  Masterchef Jr. does a good job of walking that fine line of showing tears but it's taped so you can sort of cut around the real hard to watch stuff.  They also do a good job of never  eliminating one kid at a time, so a kid always gets to walk out with someone else.

I'm also not really mad at the whole audience vote thing as I think it might eliminate some of the popularity contest aspect and allow it to be more about who actually danced what week to week.  Especially since the family/friends of the pros/celebs don't get to vote.  Still think it will be a trainwreck, but I'm not mad at the taped and audience vote part.

Now the judges panel leaves a lot to be desired.

• Love 2

For those that are a Mark Ballas fan, he won't be on DWTS this fall. He just tweeted that he got a role on Kinky Boots on Broadway and the run is from Sept to Nov. I wasn't a big fan of his, although I did enjoy his choreography. 

• Love 1
On 8/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, penbrat said:

Not sure if it's true but I just read on the regular DWTS there will be no athletes this season.  If that is true that would be great! 

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a22677648/dancing-with-the-stars-2018-cast-judges/

I think there will still be athletes, I think the article just worded it in the sense that it's the usual crop of stars and not JUST athletes like this spring.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

I think there will still be athletes, I think the article just worded it in the sense that it's the usual crop of stars and not JUST athletes like this spring.

I have read the no athlete thing two other places but they both quote the Good Housekeeping article, so I guess we shall see.  Hope it is true.  I still have athlete burnout from the mini season of this show

• Love 1

I'm okay with one athlete, but they shouldn't have too many. That mini-season didn't get great ratings, so they should take note.

By the way, the Pure site says the fall season will be only 9 weeks. WTF?? Why don't they shorten shows that no one actually watches?

• Love 2
On 8/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, penbrat said:

I have read the no athlete thing two other places but they both quote the Good Housekeeping article, so I guess we shall see.  Hope it is true.  I still have athlete burnout from the mini season of this show

I'm fine with athletes, but no more Olympians please, especially ice skater/dancers and gymnasts.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:39 PM, boyznkatz said:

By the way, the Pure site says the fall season will be only 9 weeks. WTF?? Why don't they shorten shows that no one actually watches?

It's because the show is on Monday nights and all Monday night shows are losing a week because they moved the Emmys from Sunday to Monday.

• Love 2

I'm ok with athletes, even Olympians, but not from "artistic" sports. (still dreaming of seeing my girl crush Hilary Knight). I just don't want super-duper-mega popular athletes. Grandpa Ross was charming and dedicated, but he should have gone a lot earlier than he did.

Another dream star: ANYONE from Boy Meets World.

And a "never gonna happen" star: Antonio Banderas.

• Love 3

Unbelievable, so Peta actually got a movie at 32 years old. That seems like an advanced age to be making a debut into acting, but good for her. Does that mean Maks will be a stay at home dad and we never have to see him on dwts again?

Oh...and Hilary Knight would definitely be sooo cool!!

Edited by boyznkatz
17 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Has DWTS ever had a Motown night?  If they haven’t, what are they waiting for?  And if they have, they should do another one.

I believe they had a Motown night on Season 14. Was that Donald Driver's win?

• Love 2
On 8/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, vavera4ka said:

Another dream star: ANYONE from Boy Meets World.

Yes! I'd love to see this :D. 

(If it's one of the guys, they could recreate the "Hot Stuff" dance at some point :p.)

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2018 at 10:10 AM, boyznkatz said:

I believe they had a Motown night on Season 14. Was that Donald Driver's win?

They had a Motown night the same night Gladys Knight got eliminated.

I want either a Rock 'n Roll night or a 90s night.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, Annber03 said:

Yes! I'd love to see this :D. 

(If it's one of the guys, they could recreate the "Hot Stuff" dance at some point :p.)

And whoever is the contestant-guy needs to invite other guys for the beginning of the dance. And all the girls need to be sitting in the audience lol

Edit: damnit, now I want to go an rewatch the whole series lol

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 3

I saw Ballroom with a Twist last night, which has DWTS pros as headliners, with an Idol or two, plus some SYTYCDers. 

DWTS pros were Chelsie, Lacey, Anna T, Tony, Tristan, Damian. Idol singers were Von Smith (S8) and Vonzell Solomon (S4). (SYTYCDers in the troupe were Magda and Alan Jenkins (one of her audition partners who just missed top 20) from current season and Randi from S5.)

The troupe danced A LOT, more than the DWTS pros, but it was all enjoyable.

We did the meet and greet after with the DWTS six. Tony and Lacey were getting a little goofy (goofier, more like it — they seem to be the clowns of the bunch), particularly Tony. It was fun. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Electruck said:

I saw Ballroom with a Twist last night, which has DWTS pros as headliners, with an Idol or two, plus some SYTYCDers. 

DWTS pros were Chelsie, Lacey, Anna T, Tony, Tristan, Damian. Idol singers were Von Smith (S8) and Vonzell Solomon (S4). (SYTYCDers in the troupe were Magda and Alan Jenkins (one of her audition partners who just missed top 20) from current season and Randi from S5.)

The troupe danced A LOT, more than the DWTS pros, but it was all enjoyable.

We did the meet and greet after with the DWTS six. Tony and Lacey were getting a little goofy (goofier, more like it — they seem to be the clowns of the bunch), particularly Tony. It was fun. 

Sounds like a better pro lineup than the current DWTS pros!

• Love 6

Won't be long before a new season of DWTS (adults) will begin. It's been pretty quiet on speculations on the celeb contestants, but I did see what was being bantered about was Sarah Michelle Gellar, the Vampire slayer girl. I think she would be good, and she fits into the nostalgia that DWTS goes for. Maybe she is still too much of a big name for DWTS, but ya never know.

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 1

So the pros have been announced, according to Pure. The men will be Val, Keo, Gleb, Artem, Alan, Sasha and Brandon. Female pros are Sharna, Lindsay, Witney, Jenna, Emma and Cheryl (yay!) 

I sure hope they don't waste Cheryl on someone useless. I was really hoping that Val would go away. Now we have to be subject to his and Jenna's love story all season. Ugh.

• Love 1

Looks like they're revealing the Season 27 pros on Instagram this morning. So far they've got Val, Witney, Alan, Jenna and Sasha confirmed. Keo and Gleb have confirmed themselves on their own pages. 

I'll take a wild stab and fill it out with Artem, Lindsay, Emma, Sharna and Peta. Since it doesn't appear Maks will be on this season, one of them has to bring home a paycheck.

Ugh, how I miss the old days and the quality of pros we had back then. This current group does nothing for me. The Keo experiment should've been over a long time ago and he can take Gleb with him.

8 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

So the pros have been announced, according to Pure. The men will be Val, Keo, Gleb, Artem, Alan, Sasha and Brandon. Female pros are Sharna, Lindsay, Witney, Jenna, Emma and Cheryl (yay!) 

I sure hope they don't waste Cheryl on someone useless. I was really hoping that Val would go away. Now we have to be subject to his and Jenna's love story all season. Ugh.

LOL should've read before I posted. Really glad I was wrong about Peta and that's probably what I'm looking forward to most, a season free of her and Maks.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 1

The celebs should be announced soon, it's usually right around the end of August.  The only thing I saw was soap start Heather Tom would love to do it.  That's it. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 1

I saw Kristyn Burtt said there will definitely be a Tuesday night results show during the first week. She wasn't sure past that. I wouldn't be surprised if there are several, as they have that time slot to fill on Tuesdays until October when the rebooted Connors show begins.

• Love 1