Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 First Looks

• Start Topic

Didn't see the First Look but you guys are making me LMAO with your comments about Ken. Though I'm more in agreement with SomeJambroni in that I enjoy watching KantankerousKen, both he and Lisa are about 3 years away from looking totally ridiculous in all their crunchy haired, spangly suited glory.

To me they are already there - I cannot believe how much makeup that woman wears.  Whoever called it spackle was right on.  I find her clothing and jewelry ridiculous.  And I've thought that since Season 1.  

And the way they dress that poor dog tells me everything I have to know about their taste.  If making yourself ridiculous as you age is the price of being rich, well.  I have to say I think all of them look desperate in their quest for the one thing money can't buy, although they certainly try - a young and healthy body.

And Ken, before you start throwing shade at a woman that only looks ridiculous half the time you do, look in a damn mirror.  

• Love 9

I thought it interesting (and wise) that LisaV was showing the texts of support to Yolanda.  I don't blame her after Yolanda's previous cries of nobody comes to see me.  Yolanda certainly has no trouble texting, tweeting and Instagramming.   

...and just as interesting that Kyle wanted so desperately to see them (aka the proof).  Funny, a few seasons ago  Yoyo, turned on Lisa and was complaining about how her Hollywood friend never came to visit her, not even to just stop by with some Starbucks'...cut to episode 1 this season, and, Oh look! here comes an alleged friend with some flowers and Starbucks'...coincidence?

Everything in Yoyo's life is calculated and planned, down to wearing white against her face, or snuggling with a white blanket -white is not a good color on her and brings out her dark under eye circles.  If you watch past episodes, she almost always wears a brightly colored top, it's more flattering to her skin tone -she was a model, I imagine she is acutely aware of what colors look best on her, and which ones make her look tired, or ill. just sayin'

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 11

It's hard to know how much he criticizes the others because we see him much less than the others. My guess would be that if we saw him as much as the other HW's he would be at the top of the list for saying mean things. I've never understood the Ken love from so many, which is not to say I see nothing to like about him. I love his adoration of Lisa, and Lisa's adoration of Ken. They seem to be living a real life love story and that is wonderful to see. I do think, however that he is not a nice person. At all. I have always thought that, but the final proof came when we learned about the lawsuit filed by their employee last year. Nasty doesn't even begin to describe him.

I'm sure Lisa loves Ken, but the adoration she shows him is nowhere near the level he shows her.  To Ken, Lisa is absolute perfection - a goddess.  Not an unkind word, criticism, or question for anything that Lisa does.  Conversely, Ken is Lisa's number one target for her jokes.  He's the doddering old fool who rarely gets sex.  He's stumbling around trying to carry Lisa's bags, but otherwise he's the designated dog holder.  I remember the dinner in which Kim went off on Ken.  Lisa did not step in and defend her husband.  Lisa did not seem to be upset that her husband was being "attacked".  In fact, I'm pretty sure Lisa made it about her.  It makes we wonder if part of the reason Max is treated significantly different than Pandora is because Pandy is a precious female, and a product of Lisa's body.

• Love 7

I think Lisa's adoration of Ken is very clear. They have a pattern of banter that can be misunderstood.  He loves the way she comes at him.  It is teasing.  He would never require Lisa to stand up for him during an argument with another.  He would see it as emasculating.  He is British, women don't do that.  It is his job to stick up for her.  I have a close friend in the UK and she schools me on British relationship things!  Born and raised in the UK but she hates it there.  She is sure she was born to the wrong parents in the wrong country.  She feels American. She spends 6 months of the year here on a visa she was lucky to get.  

• Love 8

I don't know about anyone else, but I laughed out loud when Eileen and Lisa R were talking to Kyle about Kim and after Eileen said Kim "escaped" rehab, then Lisa R said "they said she 'fled'".

Tell it like it is, ladies!

• Love 10

I don't know about anyone else, but I laughed out loud when Eileen and Lisa R were talking to Kyle about Kim and after Eileen said Kim "escaped" rehab, then Lisa R said "they said she 'fled'".

It sounds like no one is giving Kim a pass.  Kathy Hilton will be so angry Kyle continues to talk about private family business.  Not so private when Kathy pushed Kim on Dr. Phil.   For once honest talk.  Now if they could only get around the Yolanda BS and her million treatments.  I noticed Yolanda, who hasn't worn make up for a year, seem to be wearing it in her talking heads.

• Love 9

It sounds like no one is giving Kim a pass.  Kathy Hilton will be so angry Kyle continues to talk about private family business.  Not so private when Kathy pushed Kim on Dr. Phil.   For once honest talk.  Now if they could only get around the Yolanda BS and her million treatments.  I noticed Yolanda, who hasn't worn make up for a year, seem to be wearing it in her talking heads.

The thing is, Kathy can get as angry at Kyle (and anyone else for that matter) but it was Kim that gave them the sword.

No arrest, nothing on the news means nothing to talk about.

• Love 9

The thing is, Kathy can get as angry at Kyle (and anyone else for that matter) but it was Kim that gave them the sword.

No arrest, nothing on the news means nothing to talk about.

The first sword.  Mauricio gave them the second.  The feud is now all about Mauricio leaving Rick Hilton's real estate firm to open his own.  

• Love 2

No clue what Taylor was talking about that riled Rinna, it might be good.  Anything that gets under Rinna's skin is okay by me. 

Ho hum to Eileen's lament about men being absorbed in technology.  We all get that, hardly worth making the edit.  It tells me that there wasn't much to show this week. 

I am shocked that Ken is just now turning 70; I thought he was much older.  

• Love 6

The first sword.  Mauricio gave them the second.  The feud is now all about Mauricio leaving Rick Hilton's real estate firm to open his own.

And apparently being very, very successful at it!

No clue what Taylor was talking about that riled Rinna, it might be good.  Anything that gets under Rinna's skin is okay by me.

I think she (Taylor) is questioning how sick Yolanda really is. Apparently this is where it begins....with Taylor trying to remain relevant.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

I think that Ken and Lisa both wear the pants in their marriage.  Lisa defers to Ken, and Ken supports Lisa.  I love watching them as a couple!  I agree that Lisa is beginning to look a bit long in the tooth, and her makeup looks like it's applied with a trowel!  Those fake eyelashes always tickle me.  It must take her hours to make herself presentable before she leaves the house.  Yet, as comical as the two of them are, I like them tremendously.  I don't think that Ken is very well, and he's becoming more doddering than he ever was.  He's had a number of surgeries in the past two years, and at his age, it's hard to get over them.

Someone upthread referred to a lawsuit with another man and Ken.  I don't remember that and wonder whether someone could tell me what it was about.  Was that the suit over the PUMP property?

• Love 4

There's something about Vince that is really skeevy to me. The only time I've liked him was when he was doing the whack a mole thing in the garage window last season.

Agreed - there's something off about him, and about their relationship imo.

• Love 4

There's something about Vince that is really skeevy to me. The only time I've liked him was when he was doing the whack a mole thing in the garage window last season.

Every time I look at him, all I think is "ne'er do well". I can't help it. Dude looks lazy and I don't think he likes to work. He could start by mowing the lawn....

I know someone who reminds me so much of him. Even looks like him. Nice guy but I feel for his wife. She's unhappy and frustrated but knew he was like this before she married him.

• Love 5

Ho hum to Eileen's lament about men being absorbed in technology.  We all get that, hardly worth making the edit.  It tells me that there wasn't much to show this week. 

I totally agree with you!   If we're to judge the upcoming episode by that First Look, it will be the third boring episode in a row.

The First Looks are usually the first 11 or 12 minutes of the upcoming episode.  They made such a big deal about the trip to Tuscany and yet we already saw Lisa and Ken leaving for Morocco last night. I thought LisaV and Kyle looked pretty ridiculous on the bridge with those dresses and hats.  They were both lovely outfits but totally out of place for where they were.  Those outfits were better suited for the Kentucky Derby than for a bridge in Tuscany. 

• Love 2

I think that Ken and Lisa both wear the pants in their marriage.  Lisa defers to Ken, and Ken supports Lisa.  I love watching them as a couple!  I agree that Lisa is beginning to look a bit long in the tooth, and her makeup looks like it's applied with a trowel!  Those fake eyelashes always tickle me.  It must take her hours to make herself presentable before she leaves the house.  Yet, as comical as the two of them are, I like them tremendously.  I don't think that Ken is very well, and he's becoming more doddering than he ever was.  He's had a number of surgeries in the past two years, and at his age, it's hard to get over them.

Someone upthread referred to a lawsuit with another man and Ken.  I don't remember that and wonder whether someone could tell me what it was about.  Was that the suit over the PUMP property?

There was this lawsuit-I see it has been dismissed.  http://allthingsrh.com/lisa-vanderpump-ken-todd-lawsuit-contractors-dismissed/

Then there was this one about the lease and Vanderpump/Todd being accused of finagling he lease out from under someone:   http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lisa-vanderpump-and-husband-ken-todd-sued-over-gay-bar-feud-deny-wrongdoing-2013158  I don't think this one is active.

• Love 3

Nutcases were screeching and making a scene in his driveway.
  • Love 2

I totally agree with you!   If we're to judge the upcoming episode by that First Look, it will be the third boring episode in a row.

The First Looks are usually the first 11 or 12 minutes of the upcoming episode.  They made such a big deal about the trip to Tuscany and yet we already saw Lisa and Ken leaving for Morocco last night. I thought LisaV and Kyle looked pretty ridiculous on the bridge with those dresses and hats.  They were both lovely outfits but totally out of place for where they were.  Those outfits were better suited for the Kentucky Derby than for a bridge in Tuscany. 

We may get more Tuscany this week.  It is only a 27 minute flight to Monte Carlo, Monaco from Florence Italy (airport for Tuscany).  Looks like Lisa and Ken are going there on the way home and Kyle to London for the wedding.  A guess.  

• Love 4

We may get more Tuscany this week.  It is only a 27 minute flight to Monte Carlo, Monaco from Florence Italy (airport for Tuscany).  Looks like Lisa and Ken are going there on the way home and Kyle to London for the wedding.  A guess.  

Thanks for reminding me it was Monte Carlo, Monaco and not Morocco.   Nothing much was happening so obviously, I wasn't paying attention

• Love 2

Thank you, zoeysmom, for the lawsuit info.  Good grief!  Ken just had surgery on his knees, so receiving blows from a concrete chipper couldn't have helped him recuperate!  That's one thing about Ken that has, I think, been instrumental in the Todds' success -- Ken has no fear of the courts.  I tend to think of Ken as a little guy" because he isn't very tall, but he's a formidable opponent in an argument!

• Love 2

The first look was rather dull.  But it looks like we're going see Ken's birthday party later on in the episode and get to see the women in 'fancy' hats.  Taylor is back and has some things to say about Yo's illness.  I'm glad she's bringing it up.  Love or hate her, it doesn't look like she's tiptoeing around the issue and I think I'm going to enjoy that.

• Love 4

The first look was rather dull.  But it looks like we're going see Ken's birthday party later on in the episode and get to see the women in 'fancy' hats.  Taylor is back and has some things to say about Yo's illness.  I'm glad she's bringing it up.  Love or hate her, it doesn't look like she's tiptoeing around the issue and I think I'm going to enjoy that.

I have to wonder if David's ex, LindaT, is her source on Yolanda/health!

• Love 4

Ken was speaking the truth from his perspective.  I did not take it to be mean.  Kyle does like mumus and Ken doesn't find them attractive.  Not a big deal.   I doubt Kyle was ruffled by his comment in the least. 

I enjoy Ken too and was grateful for his comment about Kyle's mumus.

I needed something to make fun of...

BH%20S6%20Cast%20MuMu2_zps8atn32dw.jpg

• Love 13

Maybe... Or she could have just followed the show and Yo's tweets and instagrams.  I do wonder how friendly she still is with Linda T.

I don't think they were ever close or friends.   Allegedly, Linda did not want a divorce from David and once he met Yolanda there was no hope of reconciliation.  I remember seeing photos of Brandon Jenner's wedding with Linda and David as part of the wedding photo family.  I was wondering where Yolanda was and there she was in some extending photos.  If a person just followed Yolanda on her Twitter account they would be beyond confused over the status of her health.  I believe the reason we got the display of here are my texts and Kyle and Lisa playing them up for the camera is Yolanda kept the ladies at bay.  According to Yolanda, Lisar and Eileen filmed visit was in April.  They filmed the Reunion in February and started filming events in June, so I get the impression  Yolanda was more in texting and ready to throw the others, except her good friend Brandi, under the bus, for not visiting or inquiring about her.  I don't know what she expects from people. 

I will say I think Taylor is saying on camera what the others are saying off camera.

• Love 7

I hope we see more of the conflict between Kyle and Kathy about this wedding.  I would hate to see it buried under Yolanda's health or Eileen's plight with technology in her family (eye roll).  I want to see the Hilton's exposed for the petty 'socialites' they have shown themselves to be.   Come on Bravo, blow this wide open, you can do it!  Lisa will cooperate with you.   Andy, get Lisa and Rinna to talk about this on WWHL.  

• Love 6

I laughed and rewound it on the DVR a few times!

• Love 2

There was this lawsuit-I see it has been dismissed.  http://allthingsrh.com/lisa-vanderpump-ken-todd-lawsuit-contractors-dismissed/

Then there was this one about the lease and Vanderpump/Todd being accused of finagling he lease out from under someone:   http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lisa-vanderpump-and-husband-ken-todd-sued-over-gay-bar-feud-deny-wrongdoing-2013158  I don't think this one is active.

Now why doesn't this shit air on the show? lol

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Maybe Alexia should have brought  up the lawuits in Tuscany.

I would kill to see Alexia bring up the lawsuits! "I agree, Lisa, it IS unfair, and I know you understand unfairness given the sexual harassment lawsuit against Villa Blanca. Can you tell us why you settled and clear up that whole unfair thing where Ken destroyed the security footage from the night the complainant was assaulted by your manager who still works there?"

• Love 5

I would kill to see Alexia bring up the lawsuits! "I agree, Lisa, it IS unfair, and I know you understand unfairness given the sexual harassment lawsuit against Villa Blanca. Can you tell us why you settled and clear up that whole unfair thing where Ken destroyed the security footage from the night the complainant was assaulted by your manager who still works there?"

Does this mean I have to add Ken and Lisa to the pile of Kyle's morally corrupt pals?  Kyle, kindly befriending the fraudulent masses.  Can she get a star on Hollywood Blvd for that?

• Love 6

Does this mean I have to add Ken and Lisa to the pile of Kyle's morally corrupt pals?  Kyle, kindly befriending the fraudulent masses.  Can she get a star on Hollywood Blvd for that?

Well, they couldn't prove Ken destroyed the footage, only that it was mysteriously missing. Still, the Vanderpumps had to shell out a little over 100k in punitive damages--and they'd had to pay a settlement in a similar lawsuit from several years ago. So, Kyle should at least get half a star. 

• Love 3

Well, they couldn't prove Ken destroyed the footage, only that it was mysteriously missing. Still, the Vanderpumps had to shell out a little over 100k in punitive damages--and they'd had to pay a settlement in a similar lawsuit from several years ago. So, Kyle should at least get half a star. 

That lawsuit never made sense to me. The Manager that was accused of SH was found NOT guilty so how and why they found Lisa/Ken guilty is beyond me. They were never able to prove that a video exsisted of said SH or that Ken destroyed/hid any video yet they found in favor of the plaintive and awarded her a large sum in punative damages. How can the courts say the SH never happened for 1 defendant then turn around and find another guilty in the same SH case if it never happened?

• Love 3

This would make me the happiest boy in all the land! Especially given how it is pretty much Lisa's stealth bitchiness personified.

• Love 3

That lawsuit never made sense to me. The Manager that was accused of SH was found NOT guilty so how and why they found Lisa/Ken guilty is beyond me. They were never able to prove that a video exsisted of said SH or that Ken destroyed/hid any video yet they found in favor of the plaintive and awarded her a large sum in punative damages. How can the courts say the SH never happened for 1 defendant then turn around and find another guilty in the same SH case if it never happened?

They wanted to punish Ken and Lisa because they said that they acted with malice. That they knew about the allegations and did nothing to address them. Without the evidence that Ken was accused of destroying (or having destroyed), the case basically became a he said/she said kind of deal. The burden of proof couldn't be met, but the Jury (or was it just a Judge - I cannot remember), did believe that Lisa and Ken didn't do what they should have done in the situation. At one point there was testimony that when Ken was told that the girl was upset about the way the manager was talking to her and touching her, that he said something to the effect that if she didn't like it she should just find another job (I have zero problem believing that Ken would say this).  He also refused her request to have her schedule altered in a way that would make her have less contact with the Manager. They just came across as extremely arrogant and unconcerned about what this woman was going through. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12

Every time I look at him, all I think is "ne'er do well". I can't help it. Dude looks lazy and I don't think he likes to work. He could start by mowing the lawn....

I think he's a typical rich kid.  It does seem that Eileen does all the heavy lifting in that marriage.  How much time does being the commentator of the world series of poker require?  Eileen has two-three full time jobs, and he can't get his ass up off the couch and help? 

Lisa and Ken fit right in with the Monte Carlo crowd.  I don't consider that a compliment.

They sure seem to be taking their time in introducing the new Housewife. 

I'm glad.   I have absolutely no interest in the two newbies.  There's two, right?  They look interchangeable.  They make me want to use the word "bimbo".

• Love 4

They wanted to punish Ken and Lisa because they said that they acted with malice. That they knew about the allegations and did nothing to address them. Without the evidence that Ken was accused of destroying (or having destroyed), the case basically became a he said/she said kind of deal. The burden of proof couldn't be met, but the Jury (or was it just a Judge - I cannot remember), did believe that Lisa and Ken didn't do what they should have done in the situation. At one point there was testimony that when Ken was told that the girl was upset about the way the manager was talking to her and touching her, that he said something to the effect that if she didn't like it she should just find another job (I have zero problem believing that Ken would say this).  He also refused her request to have her schedule altered in a way that would make her have less contact with the Manager. They just came across as extremely arrogant and unconcerned about what this woman was going through. 

I stand by my belief that if you find THE person accused of SH NOT guilty, then you can't find their boss's guilty either. Maybe it just came down to they, Lisa/Ken didn't believe this woman and maybe they had reason to doubt her story from the get go. I wonder if this woman has a history of making these accusations at other places she worked to get money or preferential(sp) treatment. Also, why didn't this woman go to the partners when Ken/Lisa didn't correct the "problem" and why weren't they also named in the lawsuit?  

I do think Lisa/Ken are no nonsense employers and would not have patience with someone not willing to do things "their" way, which would make them difficult to work for.

• Love 1

I wish someone would turn to Taylor and say: who let you in here? She really needs to shut that big mouth up. I'm not sure what all is going on with Yo but Taylor is not the one to question it with her shit show of a life. Has she learned nothing?

• Love 2

We live in a litigious society and I hate that.  Law suits, in business, are common and mostly unfounded.  Sexual harassment suits are at the top of the frivolous, money grubbing claims list.  I would erase a tape, too, if it meant getting the BS over quickly.  It is all about lawyers making money.   Kudos, Lisa and Ken for negotiating this mine field of greedy bull shit.  

I wish someone would turn to Taylor and say: who let you in here? She really needs to shut that big mouth up. I'm not sure what all is going on with Yo but Taylor is not the one to question it with her shit show of a life. Has she learned nothing?

I love seeing Taylor back.  I hope to see Camille, too!  Bring them all on!  Love a flash from the past.  But not Kim, never Kim.  I don't want to see her on my TV ever.  I mean that, I have a strong dislike for her and what she brings to the table.  Go away.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

In preparation for tonight's show, depending on how things go, someone posted an article on my Facebook timeline entitled, "Best Winter Casseroles", so, we're covered if Yolanda looks particularly poorly or Ken does a face plant somewhere. It's still too late for Vicki of RHOC, but, from here on out, if anyone needs a casserole idea for one of these bitches, let me know.

• Love 4