Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Start to Finish - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for S06.E08: Start to Finish. This thread opens Friday around 5:00 pm for your chattinga and speculating enjoyment.

Once the episode airs, head on over to this link --> S06.E08: Start to Finish to continue the discussion.

Remember:

Please Try to Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise). If you "Absolutely, Positively have to include a spoiler in this Thread....! Spoiler Tag It!" - Apologies to the great Samuel L. Jackson and his character Jules in Pulp Fiction.

Or Simply Don't Post A Spoiler!

Respect each others opinions, Always Be Civil and Enjoy Yourselves!

Start to Finish, but 45 minutes between each point.

Definitely not an episode spent examining Eugene's ability to delay his orgasm when sexually excited then.........

Maybe its a 'joke' title thrown at the audience after last week, considering it took 3 episodes to finish the cliffhanger that started when we last saw Glenn.

• Love 1

Its time for a big 'culling of the herd', so to speak.

As of right now, between CDB and the ASZers who get even just 'a passing mention' of screentime, the overall cast number is very nearly in the 30s.

CDB = Rick, Carl, Judith, Carol, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, Sasha, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Tara, FPP, and & [now] Morgan.  (15)

ASZ = Deanna, Spencer, Jessie, Sam, Ron, Aaron, Eric, Olivia, Enid, Denise, Tobin, Francine, Heath, & Scott.  (14)

Between all those people, it took one half of a season to show just one 24 hour segment in time.  Despite the spreading out of most of them, that's crazy.

• Love 6

Episode description:

After having a few moments of peace, trouble finds its way to Alexandria yet again. Only this time, the threat might be too big to defeat.

The threat might be too big to defeat, huh? Well, after the episodes leading up to it, the episode may start the walker takeover that kills off all the characters. This will be the battle that kills them all, and the 2-hour battle will be told over the next 24 hours of the show. The remainder of this season and next will be filled with griping drama such as:

• an episode of Ron's origin story as a sullen middle schooler, rejected by a Gertrude, the withdrawn skatepunk girl in study hall
  • an episode built around Olivia fumbling with ammo and guns, with multiple camera views and several fakeout endings, until she's ultimately eaten by walkers. One of them says the first word spoken by a walker: "prosciutto.".
  • an episode shot from a walker's perspective, focusing on Conrad, who was an avid Civil War re-enactor pre-ZA, and now just hopes to get a tiny nibble out of a Grimes family member.
  • an episode centered around two never-before-seen Alexandria residents Nikki and Paulo and their efforts to find hidden treasure while attempting to fend off walkers
  • Love 8

This is the first year I have resorted to spoilers.  I found each episode some what boring so I would check the next episode to see if it was going to be better.  This next one looks a little better but much left till next year.  :(        I think Start to Finish will be a condensed version of everything from the first episode to the seventh and then end before anything new happens,  focus on everyone's speeches.  

So, it was great to finally get resolution on Glenn's situation.

I know it won't happen in this particular episode............ But how did Rick get out of his?  Are they going to skip over it entirely??  Not only did it look like he had to escape the RV as walkers 'rushed' it, but then run all the rest of the way back to ASZ amidst the shambling walkers.  Ain't no big thang for the Mr 'ZA Superman', but kinda would like to see how he did it.

The many faces of Rick Season 6

episode 1  parade duty

episode 3  marathon man, quick draw McGraw

episode 5  cemetery duty  (no killers here!)

episode 7  My way or no way  

I am wondering if the central characters asked for this broken season so they have more time off.  Look how many episodes Rick has been in.   And he's in some for a minimal of time.   I am watching some of the marathon. 

I am quite wary that the first 30-40 minutes of this episode will be spent catching up on other things pre-steeple fall.  That the steeple falls and everyone realizing that shit is hitting the fan will be the closing to 6A.

Laugh and doubt that fear all you want, but never forget it did take us almost 4 full episodes to find out how Glenn got from death-defying dumpster hiding to floating balloons signal.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

I am quite wary that the first 30-40 minutes of this episode will be spent catching up on other things pre-steeple fall.  That the steeple falling and everyone realizing that shit is hitting the fan will be the closing to 6A.

Laugh and doubt that fear all you want, but never forget it did take us almost 4 full episodes to find out how Glenn got from death-defying dumpster hiding to floating balloons signal.

I wouldn't be surprised. If it's not one of the ASZers who said the "help" that Daryl and Co. heard, I fear we may loop back around to them.

• Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised. If it's not one of the ASZers who said the "help" that Daryl and Co. heard, I fear we may loop back around to them.

Holy shit, I pretty much totally forgot that even happened - until just now.  *embarrassed*

Yeah, so that's what this episode will focus on .....  Unless the timeline is that the "help" call is Rick, and its after the steeple falls.  Still think the RPGs that SDS found will play a part in all that, before its all said and done.

This has been the longest 36 hours of any TV story.  They might as well have just left the walkers in the gravel pit and waited at the gates for them to arrive.  Hoping those still on the outside brought some cans to roll and distract the herd pressing up against the walls.

• Love 2

Watching it this time, I cheered for Rosita after she told Eugene what time it was.  She helped drag his lying ass all over the country for ages.  Right now she's trying to teach a bunch of grown ass people how to protect themselves almost two years into the zombie apocalypse.  I'm not surprised she doesn't have the time or patience for zany comic relief.

• Love 2

Why didn't anybody notice that the tower was falling apart?

Well, I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that this entire season has taken place over a 24 hour period (or 48 hours, I can't remember what they said during the Talking Dead).

I'll cut them a bit of slack for missing that the tower was falling to pieces, between Rick shouting for everyone to be quiet, the Wolf attack, the meetings with Morgan in the principal's office, there's a lot going on.

If this episode is no action until the last ten minutes, I'm going to be pissed. If it wasn't for the fact my students would spoil me like crazy, I might consider waiting and binging the show in one go.

• Love 2

While we're all just hanging out, I'm going to mention that I watched the second episode of Badlands this afternoon and there were, oh, at least three or four scenes that were very good--either surprising or satisfying in some way.  Ummm, that's about the same number that I've had from TWD this season.

Once I stopped associating the show with being blackmailed, I started liking it.

Just saying. . .

I'm afraid my guess for walker chow tonight is. . . Glenn.  I have no spoilers whatsoever--his triumphant return just seems too subdued to culminate in a big happy ending.  Those idiots probably enjoyed the anger & the anguish so much they want another fix. 

• Love 4

Why didn't anybody notice that the tower was falling apart?

Well, (trying) to be complimentary to the writing and characters - there were more pressing matters to mind; ie, Where's Glenn?  Where's Daryl/Abe/Sasha?  Walkers waiting everywhere outside. etc.

Also, if only they had somehow shown something to premeditate the steeple's base falling apart - and no, showing shingles and small bits and pieces of wood randomly falling off the roof doesn't count - like maybe either the semi side-swiping it, or walkers bashing their brains off it as they are mindlessly walking into it repeatedly because all the milling around ASZ to get inside its walls.

While we're all just hanging out, I'm going to mention that I watched the second episode of Badlands this afternoon and there were, oh, at least three or four scenes that were very good--either surprising or satisfying in some way.  Ummm, that's about the same number that I've had from TWD this season.

Yeah, but when TWD sucks, at least we're allowed to live-heckle.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6

Yeah, but when TWD sucks, at least we're aloud to live-heckle.

So true.  Hard to believe that THIS would turn into one of the shows where I'm likely to drift off three times before the credits.

ETA:  got the ref.  : )

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

While we're all just hanging out, I'm going to mention that I watched the second episode of Badlands.

Once I stopped associating the show with being blackmailed, I started liking it.

Blackmailed is exactly how I feel.  Watched half the first episode but I was falling asleep.  Post Apocalyptic kung fu action is up my aloe and I'll be checking it out this week.  I will admit that the fight scenes I saw were amazing!

• Love 2

There was no need for Carol to have Morgan under surveillance like that.  He and Denise could have been slipping off for a quick one.

I think Carol already suspects who Denise might be having a quick one with. She may well be the only CDB member who spent significant time on the shrinking couch, because doing so would be useful for her caroulflage. (It's sort of like camouflage, but scarier.) In doing so,she would no doubt gather as much intelligence as she could, and probably knows that Denise is not what Axel would have called "interesting."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2