Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Happily Never After

• Start Topic

Secrets are out in the open, with Lisa and the SUR gang forcing Scheana to reassess her marriage. In other events, Jax tries to get his new flame a job at SUR just as it gets hot between him and Lala, and a business plan is pitched to Lisa.

I watched the "first look" for this ep last night but all I remember was noticing how extra greasy/sweaty Jax looked while asking LaLa if she and the female Mormons where she used to live remain chaste by performing anal sex and Lewinski's. *shudder* I don't like thinking about what kind of tree he was barking up with her...

"These are the best days of our lives," indeed!

I can't believe it, but frickin' Sandoval is growing on me! Loved the talking head when he was imitating DJ Muppet Baby getting all up in your grill. And the rest of those TH's, he was like the voice of reason! I'm getting "Sunrise, Sunset"-levels of teariness here. Go Sandoval--you SELL that sangria in St. Louis!

Also loved the close up of Ariana with spaghetti falling out of her mouth. What the heck?

Another winner: So cute! JAMES KENNEDY on his laptop, like in elementary school, when your mom labels everything so you don't lose it!

"If you wan to the part, dress up and look the part." Sound wisdom! Also explains the Summers Eve outfit many of them wear. Does not, however, explain Kentucky Girl's outfits

"Mental breakdowns, crying, leaving"? Ok, that leaves out most of this cast from working on your brand, Pandy.

Not too much on the Shay situation. It seems real, but my guess is that there's really more to the story (and I don't need to hear it). He looks so sad. And I'd say that Lisa was over these pill and alcohol storylines, but isn't she a producer of the show?

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7

Schwartz to Peter's girlfriend: "We've never met a real grown up with responsibilities." Lol! Then he's all excited about picking out his outfit for a grown up job with Lisa--too cute, although I'm sure at 30+ the Peter Pan act is wearing thin.

Oh, Lisa's house is called Villa Rosa?! All this time I thought this was another restaurant with this moat and the swans! I thought her restaurants were SUR, Pump, Villa Blanca, and Villa Rosa.

Sandoval and the gang make a better therapist than Kristin and James's therapist. The latter just sat there with a horrified look on her face. Okay, she chimed in that the disrespectful speech wasn't helping matters, but I think Sandoval actually had some more insight that as soon as Shay was opening up Scheana was making it about her and crying, and by Sandoval saying that, Scheana really seemed to get it and told Shay he needs to cut her off. At first I couldn't imagine why they wanted this group participation welcome home, but it seemed to work out well.

Oh, dear, after Lisa telling Jax's girl last time that she needs to bring a resume, she shows up again without a resume and wearing another skimpy outfit? Maybe they're setting it up for Shay to work at Pump after all. I liked how Sandoval was asking Lisa to hire Shay, he was really heartfelt. I have to give Sandoval some props. He seems mature and rational so far this season. I guess when he's not being constantly stalked and accused by Kristin over Ariana and Vegas Girl and Miami Girl and whatever else, he has a pretty good head on his shoulders. I'm sure within 3 episodes something will happen that will make me take it back, but compared to the rest of these guys, he does seem like the elusive grown up.

I'm pretty impressed that Kristin made poached eggs and hollendaise sauce! Wow. I've never even made that. Now I need to step up my breakfast game if Kristin can do this. Hmm. Tom and Ariana might think buying a couch is adulting, but making eggs Benedict is adulting in my book!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 11

Brittany will forever be known for being the 'dumb girl that wore her underwear twice to an interview with Lisa'.  In a few weeks, nobody will remember her name, it'll just be 'underwear girl'.  And Jax will be the other knucklehead that thought Lisa was being unfair to his fu*ck-buddy by holding Brittany to an unfair standard because she's dating him. 

And Sheana telling Shay that he doesn't need to stop drinking, "it's fine to drink when it's an occasion and we're having fun. You don't have to drink to get drunk, drink to get a good buzz".  Sheana, he's an addict!!  Grow up little girl.

• Love 15

Brittany forgot to wear pants again.

And her RESUME. 

Run away as fast as you can, Shay! How many misplaced giant photos of a wedding can one apartment have? I will give Scheana credit for taking her lashes off for the lamest intervention ever, And I will never give Scheana credit for anything ever again.

And Capri Suns for everyone!

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 12

I think I nidded off several times watching this b/c I don't remember a lot of it.

Kristen and DJ Muppet Baby see a stunt therapist. Quorum reached!

The Toms playing grown up salesmen with mega tycoon Lisa Vanderbucks, offering to sell her the sangria at fine dining establishments and taverns in LA. Why were her daughter and the guy from the gay bar there? Wait, Villa Roma is her house and not another restaurant?

Poor Shay! Driven to drugs b/c Schemer won't shut up.

Brittany will forever be known for being the 'dumb girl that wore her underwear twice to an interview with Lisa'.  In a few weeks, nobody will remember her name, it'll just be 'underwear girl'.  And Jax will be the other knucklehead that thought Lisa was being unfair to his fu*ck-buddy by holding Brittany to an unfair standard because she's dating him. 

I wondered why successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks allowed the Toms and their girlfriends and Jax and Stassi to work there.
  • Love 1

As happened on occasion with the actual show Intervention, I found myself not only on the side of the addict but wishing there were some drugs in the room at that very moment so I could take them up late in life. That conversation stressed ME out. Especially in conjunction with that apartment and all the damn pictures reminding Shay at every second his number one priority is following all the rules in accordance with Scheana's Fairytale Dictatorship which now requires he complacently submit to random piss tests....but no allowance for rehab or a treatment program because SHE doesn't want to be with a sober person. Never mind that her husband's life might depend on it and he actually seems willing to give rehab a shot! It's a bizarre inverse of Kim Richards' situation where Mike is literally approaching family and friends asking for support and admitting to a problem, and his wife generously says she'll help him BE THE MAN WHO CAN MAKE *HER* HAPPY.

I will say in Scheana's defense that it did seem to sink in when the entire room told her to stop cutting Mike off. I don't think she understands she's being a narcissist--that it's her Achilles heel in life--but maybe if she thinks of it as being "intimidating" she can work on it without having a breakdown. Also, if Mike really hid his addiction for 8 years, which I somehow doubt, but if he did, that is not Scheana's fault. Still, girl is on my bad side right now.

ETA: pure speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mike went to detox and lied about being with his parents. I think he might actually be hiding going to NA because it doesn't fit Scheana's narrative. The more I think about it, the more I think that intervention was for Scheana so he'd be able to speak. Generally addicts don't schedule their own interventions.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 20

I found it amusing when negligée-girl said she worked at Hooters and Lisa Vanderbucks scoffed at that being on her resume, because isn't this place just an upscale Hooters, complete with employee calendar?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 6

I feel like so far, aside from the lying to Lisa, I don't think Lala is as bad as previews made her out to be. But I'm sure something will happen a few episodes from now to make me change my mind.

I noticed James's laptop too. Lol.

Ariana's face when Tom mentioned marriage- priceless.

Schwartz's "We've never met a real grown up with responsibilities before!" Ha, that was some rather unexpected self awareness there.

I got the sense Pandora was referring to Schwartz's Panic at Pump episode when she mentioned no crying, running away, etc.

Scheana might have been trying to make the situation about herself a little too much, but she did bring up a valid point. Shay knew what Scheana was like since they started dating. He knew she was intimidating, dominating, overbearing, etc. so why DID he marry her? Why did he choose to deal with it with drugs and alcohol? There were so many better choices he could have made, like seeing a therapist or recommending they attend therapy as a couple if he felt like he could never have a conversation with her. He could have expressed his feelings in writing in an email, text, or letter so that he'd be able to say everything he felt without fear of being interrupted or intimidated by her. Lisa is totally right though- what kind of decent marriage starts off with testing your husband's urine every day? I think that beats David searching OC Shannon's butt for the plastic bit from a colonic device. And Lord those wedding photos everywhere- on the last episode I thought they had a few spread in different rooms but damn! those things are literally everywhere! Maybe Shay ran away from home just to get a break from being surrounded by those photos constantly. By the way, I think Scheana looks way better without her mink eyelashes.

Boy that Brittany sure is as dumb as a box of rocks. I guess it makes perfect sense now why she's dating Jax.

• Love 8

This was the worst intervention episode ever, you guys. 

I'm not really a fan of Vanderpump getting serious. But jeez, Schena this isn't about you. How many times did she shout "marrying me?!?!?!" "are you upset you married me??!?!" Ugh.  Also, this really is like watching a bad newlywed situation. Weren't they together for a few years before they got married? Weren't they living together before they got married? Is it really hard to not notice someone has a problem with this in these situations? Unless you really all about yourself, which my guess is what its about, this is Schena. 

Maybe I'm a strange little person, but anytime I plan on going to a job interview or going somewhere where I'm hoping that there will be an interview anywhere, I google what I should wear for said job. So, can't Brittany do the same thing and not show up wearing a beach coverup or a nightie? Also, why the hell didn't she bring her resume? That was what Lisa asked her for last time? She should have e-mailed that thing when she returned home the last time she visited. 

• Love 3

I'm not really a fan of Vanderpump getting serious. But jeez, Schena this isn't about you. How many times did she shout "marrying me?!?!?!" "are you upset you married me??!?!" Ugh. Also, this really is like watching a bad newlywed situation. Weren't they together for a few years before they got married? Weren't they living together before they got married? Is it really hard to not notice someone has a problem with this in these situations? Unless you really all about yourself, which my guess is what its about, this is Schena.

ITA, this is exactly how I see it. I don't mean to absolve Mike of any responsibility. He had options. But I'm thinking it went like this: Mike is a 20-something in L.A. working with people for whom hard drinking and drugs are the norm. He meets Scheana who very much enjoys the fact that she is out of his league looks-wise--not that he's bad looking, but her peers are all mactors. This group is also comprised of hard drinkers and recreational drug users. Time goes by, he develops insecurities but figures he's invested and and things will work themselves out. By this time he is self-medicating to help his depression and anxiety. Then he messes up his knee, he begins to take more pills. Meanwhile, Scheana is wrapped up in being Queen Bee and didn't see the progression of his addiction because everyone drinks and does drugs. I mean for the love of Pete, Kristen drinks a bottle of wine a day and James chugs enough fireball to kill a hippo. I don't see Shay as someone insidiously leading a double life...more like he was in an environment that slowly nurtured addiction over the course of time.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 17

I'm only 15 minutes into the episode, but I just had to post that Kristin has the nicest apartment out of all of them.  I'm actually impressed by how nice it is in comparison to all the others.

I don't understand why Kristin and James don't just break up.  I'm on their therapy session right now.  Why does it hurt him that she screwed Tom and Jax?  That was before they were dating.  Also, DJ Baby Muppet is way more of an asshole than Kristin is crazy.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9

I'm only 15 minutes into the episode, but I just had to post that Kristin has the nicest apartment out of all of them.  I'm actually impressed by how nice it is in comparison to all the others.

I don't understand why Kristin and James don't just break up.  I'm on their therapy session right now.  Why does it hurt him that she screwed Tom and Jax?  That was before they were dating.  Also, DJ Baby Muppet is way more of an asshole than Kristin is crazy.

I guess they did before the next episode was filmed - or they do during that episode.  

The apartment - it does seem nicer than Tom/Arianna's, and Katie/Schwartz - but these people are in their 30s - that alone makes all of their homes look like shit.  Jax in particular is one tiny step up from a freshman dorm room.  Also side-eyeing Scheana's "oak" pressboard entertainment center.

• Love 2

I'm only 15 minutes into the episode, but I just had to post that Kristin has the nicest apartment out of all of them. I'm actually impressed by how nice it is in comparison to all the others.

I don't understand why Kristin and James don't just break up. I'm on their therapy session right now. Why does it hurt him that she screwed Tom and Jax? That was before they were dating. Also, DJ Baby Muppet is way more of an asshole than Kristin is crazy.

I dated a guy like that once. They're super insecure and their insecurities make them angry and they lash out, esp. when they're drinking. They have so much frustrated emotion and don't how to deal with it. Once they realize they can call you derogatory names and you let them, they realize they can disrespect you as much as they want, and keep doing it. Trust me tho, my ex had the same problems with his new gf that he had with me. The problem was not with me but with his insecurities. Mark my words, James' insecurities will manifest in the same way with Lala.

I'm also super happy they're putting Shay's addiction front and center. Most addicts are not homeless living under bridges. They're normal, somewhat functioning people who spend their rent money on drugs instead of paying their bills and hoping it never catches up to them. Addiction is a disease, not a moral failing and Shay had nothing to be embarrassed about. Many people beat addiction and go on to live happy, successful, drug-free lives. However, if Shay has huge issues, he's not going to be able to EVER casually drink. Schenna's going to have to pick between her lifestyle or him, at some point.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 7

I guess they did before the next episode was filmed - or they do during that episode.  

The apartment - it does seem nicer than Tom/Arianna's, and Katie/Schwartz - but these people are in their 30s - that alone makes all of their homes look like shit.  Jax in particular is one tiny step up from a freshman dorm room.  Also side-eyeing Scheana's "oak" pressboard entertainment center.

They live in LA though.  I'd estimate their rents are over $2k a month and all the apartments in that range kind of look like white boxes -- but I haven't rented in 5 years and from what I've heard rents have gone up a lot, so I'm probably guessing low.  FI Tom's rent might be lower because he's been in the same place for so long.  I kept my last apartment for 10 years because I hate moving and it was cheaper to stay because of rent control -- I'm not sure if WeHo has the same rent control laws as LA proper though.  I couldn't afford to buy a house until the market crashed and I've been making 6 figures since I was 25 (so for 7 years at the point when I bought a house).  Stuff is expensive in LA.  When I used to go out to the clubs in Hollywood I'd easily drop a couple hundred a weekend and I am chick so I wasn't paying for a lot of my drinks and these clowns go out a lot more than I used to.  I have a clean driving record and my insurance is almost $300/month.  Gas is more expensive here.  We don't have outrageous heat bills in the winter, but all the AC can make the electric bill get pretty high.  When I was in an apartment my water and trash bill were almost $100 a month -- it was just a flat rate, not based on use and that's fairly common out here.  If you grab a fast casual meal it's going to be over $10, a cheap sitdown is going to run ~$20.  Groceries aren't a lot cheaper if you want to eat healthy.  I can spend at least $75-100 a week for one person and that's just at Ralph's, not Whole Foods or Gelson's and that's just dinners and maybe a few breakfast smoothies and mostly eating salads for dinner.  A yoga class is going to run at least $20, which is actually a deal compared to a $30 Soulcycle class.  You can get unlimited classes at some places, but that's going to run you at least $150/month.  So, buying nice furniture might not be at the top of all their lists like it is for Tom and Arianna, apparently.  That being said, I think Kristin has more style and put her place together better -- I don't know if she has flat box furniture or not, we only saw a small bit of the apartment, but what we saw was cohesively decorated and had a sense of style.  Scheana's place is also cohesive in that there's giant pictures of her everywhere, but that's not really my style.

• Love 5

We're in Season 4 - these folks aren't humping it on server salaries any longer.  Also, I live in a major city so I get that things are expensive.

These folks are not classy.  Kristen's apt looks the best because it's probably the most recently paid for with Bravo $$.  Still, you're 34, I'll be hard pressed to accept your shithole as "normal".

• Love 1

Lisa would have had a point about 'Jax's girl' being 'half in her underwear' if her SUR uniform wasn't even more scandalous and didn't require the women to go without underwear in order to wear it, as we saw in a previous season. The girl is clearly not that bright, even Jax knows it..I think that's part of his attraction to her. I think Lisa obviously recognized this too.

With the sangria, did Tom and Tom really think Lisa, Pandora and Husband were going to be impressed by him 'ordering it so people ask him about it' in whatever mid-range city he's from that is so lackadaisical I cannot even recall which city it was? I mean, this show alone is 99.9% more exposure than that crap would be. I would say 100% but I'm sure there are a few people in City Tom is From that would order it based on him.

I kinda agree with James' drunken assessment of Lala..she wants to be a slut but not say she's a slut or whatever. She's definitely trying to be 'the sexy one' with all her entendres and looks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, slut it up all you want. Wonder if it was awkward to hear James say that now that they are dating?

James clearly used Kristen. No way he ever loved her. He has some sociopathic tendencies.

Scheana is sooooo self-absorbed...I literally said 'it's not all about you' a few times to my screen. At first I thought it was incredibly odd that he wanted all those people there to speak with his wife but I totally got it after seeing their talk and then especially with their solo talk. She wants him to "socially drink' even though he's an addict and probably can't just 'sip' to make her ass happy because it's all about HER and her lifestyle...not supportive the love of your life and his needs in order to be safe and not start hiding shit again and eventually using again. She sucks so bad. Who is she to decide who needs rehab??? This was sickening to watch. He needs to divorce her and get the hell out of there.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but my lord this show needs more Stassi. So much more Stassi. I don't tune in to this shit to watch Scheana MF Shay cry for an hour.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

If memory serves, they said Kristen is a bit of a neat freak in one of the reunions and in fact, that's why FI Tom's place wasn't a pigstye.
  • Love 1

You LET them.  (your words)  Why?

I know it sounds very victim blamey, but I read it more like "before you realize that you don't have to put up with being disrespected."

And what we've seen of James interacting with Kristen and Lala, makes me think that he likes to play head games.

• Love 2

I'm just going to dive right into the Scheana and Shay thing, and come back to the lighter stuff later. This whole situation has made me really, really dislike Shcheana, whereas before I found her annoying, but tolerable in small doses. Her treatment of Shay has really highlighted for me what a self involved, narcissistic diva she is. The very fact that Shay didn't feel comfortable coming home without other people there, because Scheana would walk all over him, was very telling. But the proof was in the pudding, as Tom Sandoval did have to speak up and tell Shceana to stop. I was glad they were there. She could take a lesson from the Toms in what it means to be loving and supportive. I thought their response to him was very heartfelt and genuine. They were shocked to learn how bad it was, but then it was all - "We are here for you. 100%. Whatever you need". 

For me, Scheana came across as very judgmental and more concerned about how the whole thing was affecting HER. Now, don't get me wrong. Loved ones of addicts have it very rough and she is certainly entitled to express how his actions have affected her. But I felt like it was ALL that side of it, and no concern over what led Shay down this path in the first place, no trying to figure out how she could help him, no promising that SHE would be there for him 100%. 

And then, the real kicker was the next day when they were having their fabulous salad and Capri Sun dinner on TV trays, surrounded by enormous posters of their wedding day - and Scheana says he just needs to find a happy medium. He can do pot, but no hard drugs. He can drink, but just a few. Now, I don't in any way think I can speak for every addict on the planet, but as someone who tottered on the edge of a dependency, I know it can be pretty difficult to just indulge to a certain degree and then stop. And she wasn't even saying that like, "I want you to be able to have fun and enjoy yourself". No, it was all about her once again. SHE could never be with a sober person because it would cramp HER lifestyle. That is literally what she said! So that, to me, proves my theory that it has always been the Scheana show and Shay has to fit into HER life. 

And I realize that addiction is not the loved one's fault, and she shouldn't have to never even have a glass of wine again because he has a problem. But I don't know....I feel like if it were me, helping my partner deal with this would be so much more important than being able to drink at the club. You know, Shay mentioned on the after show that their lifestyle was kind of why he started doing all this in the first place. He said he was an incredibly shy person and being intoxicated helped him socialize. That really hit home with me, because I was the exact same way in my late teens/early 20s. Although, it was all alcohol, never any pills. So I know exactly how he feels, when he's out and there's people everywhere and you just feel so awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe Scheana could imbibe on a girl's night, but also find some other non-drinking activities for herself and Shay, so he doesn't always feel that pressure. At least in the beginning. Maybe with time he'll be able to handle it better. 

I know everyone's dependency is different, as is their journey to sobriety. And maybe it really was that simple - he just stopped. But I don't know, it seemed like she just wanted to resolve this with the snap of her fingers and get back to living her fabulous life. I felt like the entire sit down in the living room was about making people feel more sorry for her than they did for Shay. The entire thing felt very uncomfortable and I really and truly hope that Shay can get himself in a good place and that she will be supportive of that. 

As for the other dysfunctional couple on the show - James is totally checked out of his relationship with Kristen. If you're cursing your "partner" up and down right in front of the therapist, you truly have zero fucks left to give. At this point, I believe he is only pretending to still be in a relationship with her for the show. Going by Lala's IG, she and James got together about 6 months ago, during filming. And Kristen really has no other solid connections to the show other than James. So I can see her being, "You owe me, I gave you life on this show. Now pretend we're still together and go to therapy with me". Because, seriously, the hate he has for her just radiates every time he says her name (which, by the way, if that was a drinking game, I'd be dead by now). 

Other highlights:

*Do Tom and Katie have a frame around their peephole, ala Friends? 

*Schwartz giving tips from the Tom Sandoval school of modeling!

*Jax thinking that all unmarried Mormons are having mad butt sex, because that certainly doesn't count. 

*The thought of Kristen alone inspiring James's balls to retreat back into his body. 

*The Toms's big dream being pimping Lisa's sangria out in St. fuckin Louis, of all places. 

Oh, and I have one final word of wisdom - Sandoval, the reason Arianna doesn't want to marry you is because you chew with your fucking mouth open!!!!

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 12
I'm pretty impressed that Kristin made poached eggs and hollendaise sauce! Wow. I've never even made that. Now I need to step up my breakfast game if Kristin can do this.

Let's just hope whomever you make it for doesn't turn around and yell at you, like a petulant fucking 5-year-old, "But I don't WANT breakfast". 

James reminded me so much of Veruca Salt in that moment, it wasn't even funny. 

The Toms playing grown up salesmen with mega tycoon Lisa Vanderbucks, offering to sell her the sangria at fine dining establishments and taverns in LA. Why were her daughter and the guy from the gay bar there?

That guy was Pandora's husband. He looks different, because he's now sporting a shaved head. I am assuming they were there because they are the ones in charge of the Sangria line. 

• Love 7

Sheana saying (and thinking) that she couldn't be with someone who doesn't drink at all is going to be a problem.

Once again, Pandora kept her giant purse in front of her belly during taping.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 9
HumblePi, on 23 Nov 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

And Sheana telling Shay that he doesn't need to stop drinking, "it's fine to drink when it's an occasion and we're having fun. You don't have to drink to get drunk, drink to get a good buzz".  Sheana, he's an addict!!  Grow up little girl.

Totally agree, especially with the 2nd paragraph.  And total WORD to your entire post, ghoulina (not quoted for space).  Shay's addiction problem has really highlighted the depths of Scheanna's narcissism. She's not worried about what Shay is going through.  She's worried about how his problem affects her.  How lonely she was when he wasn't home.  How embarrassing it is for her that her husband is addicted to pills.  Oh, and most of all, how his "addiction problem" just might put a cramp in her "Party Girl" lifestyle (RME super hard just typing that!)  She's pathetic, and yep, I believe I've gone from being mildly annoyed by her to outright disliking her. 

Ubiquitous, on 23 Nov 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

I think I nidded off several times watching this b/c I don't remember a lot of it.

Kristen and DJ Muppet Baby see a stunt therapist. Quorum reached!

The Toms playing grown up salesmen with mega tycoon Lisa Vanderbucks, offering to sell her the sangria at fine dining establishments and taverns in LA. Why were her daughter and the guy from the gay bar there? Wait, Villa Roma is her house and not another restaurant?

Poor Shay! Driven to drugs b/c Schemer won't shut up.

I wondered why successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks allowed the Toms and their girlfriends and Jax and Stassi to work there.

It wasn't the gay guy from the bar. It's Jason, Pandora's husband. 

jojomano, on 23 Nov 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

When Pandora referenced Tom's panic attack I yelled at the tv! What a smug little witch!

To me, she has a point.  And, tbf, you're gonna have to call a lot of us here smug little wenches, too, because his panic attacks get brought up and - and snarked on - quite a bit in these parts.

nexxie, on 24 Nov 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Sheana saying (and thinking) that she couldn't be with someone who doesn't drink at all is going to be a problem.

Once again, Pandora kept her giant purse in front of her belly during taping.

Oh, is she pregnant? 

• Love 4

If the reports on how much Bravo is paying them are true, the money isn't that great and isn't going to go that far.  You aren't going to be able to buy a house on $5k an episode.

Four episodes and that's a great down payment on a house where I live (with no PMI!) and a whole season should be an amazing down payment even for California.  They don't have to move in to a place like Villa Rosa.  They all need to grow up.  Sandoval especially - relying on his name to sell sangria in St. Louis because he knows everybody?  Dude, you're not that famous.  And your business pitch was awful.  And it really bothers me that every time Tom Sandoval talks he sounds like he's whining.

• Love 3
To me, she has a point.  And, tbf, you're gonna have to call a lot of us here smug little wenches, too, because his panic attacks get brought up and - and snarked on - quite a bit in these parts.

I thought it was hilarious. And I love Schwartz. But he strikes me as a bit coddled and naive. When he panicked and ran out on a job that he BEGGED for, it was definitely very snark worthy, and I can totally see why those in the VP-Todd family would be hesitant to hire him ever again. 

• Love 5

And Sheana telling Shay that he doesn't need to stop drinking, "it's fine to drink when it's an occasion and we're having fun. You don't have to drink to get drunk, drink to get a good buzz". Sheana, he's an addict!! Grow up little girl.

Exactly. My Gosh! But truly it is only Shay who has to know better. I know that I can't even take an opiate if I am in crippling pain. A doctor can offer them, but I am the only one who can tell them "no thank you." Anyone who truly loves him should know better than to tell him it is ok to use. He shouldn't be drinking at all if he is trying to overcome a pill problem. For an addict, it is just way too easy to substitute one thing for another to get fucked up. If he were to stop using everything completely and Scheana left him for being boring, I would be happy for him. He doesn't not seem to me to be in a healthy relationship for him. I went from feeling mild annoyance toward Scheana to being truly disgusted with her in this episode. Now I see crystal clear all of her negative qualities and how disgusting of a human being she is that people bring up on these boards all the time. Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 4

I'm on the fence about Sheana and her reactions. When she said that maybe he could drink a little, and she didn't want to give up her lifestyle, it occurred to me that she has probably been very sheltered. She has not been exposed to alcoholism and addiction, and has no idea about either of those things. Also, if she is to be believed, this is all very new to her, and he has not been honest with her. Sheana's whole life has been turned upside down, and it may take her a second to catch up. And, if he is a true addict, then whatever he has ultimately told her was only one half of the truth. If he isn't a true addict, and just got in too deep, then he may be able to drink and party on.

It seems like Sheana is a really good friend to her friends, and I'm not sure she's the total narcissist she's been called out as. At the same time, I think her group of friends are very important to her and was a big part of why she chose Shay as a partner and to marry. None of these people are thinking long term, and they really have no idea about what being a real adult is all about. This story line really fascinates me, but I suspect that we've seen most of it already, which is a shame. Of all the people who need to be in couples therapy, it's Sheana and Shay!

• Love 1

You may be right that Scheana is just oblivious to dealing with addiction (if she even thinks that Shay is an "addict"). The least she could have done is google some things about addiction maybe. I guess this isn't the place to give everyone my life story, but I can totally understand if Shay was just partying too much and found himself physically dependant on pills. He may not have a deep seated emotional problem he is trying to cover up as some addicts may. He could indeed be just fine casually drinking here and there in the future, but going right back to drinking and hanging out with the same casual drug using crowd this soon after stopping using is a total recipe for disaster

ETA - yeah ok...Scheana is totally clueless. The test she gave him doesn't even check for Hydrocodone (the drug he is supposedly hooked on) way to go Scheana. Shay was probably laughing inside when he saw it

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 4

I could be totally wrong, but I have a hard time believing that someone who works in restaurants/bars and who also lives and parties in LA would be that naive about addiction. And isn't she supposedly good friends with Pandora? She should know all about Max and his problems and why he was sent off to Montana or wherever. I am probably a cold-hearted witch, but I really just believe Scheana cares to the extent that Shay's problems effect her, and is not seriously interested in whatever is going on deep down inside.

• Love 8

I can't say for sure because obviously I have no connection to these ppl other than loving to watch their idiocy, but I feel like I am sure she knew about the Max situation, but I don't feel like she was close to the situation or knew much more than the 'Max is an addict and we have sent him to get help'. I could be wrong, but the way LVP comes off on her shows is that she is relatively private in that she shows us what she wants us to see. I feel like their family is that way with the people around them too, like Scheana. I could be totally wrong though.

ETA - I gotta say, Shay looked great on the after show. His eyes looked clear (pupils not like pin heads) and his body language looked strong. As high as he looked during the meet up at his house, he looked clean and strong on the after show. Way to go Shay! Keep doing you!

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 4

So it's fine for Shay to drink occasionally, but only when Scheana says it's fine.  Here's a news flash for Scheana. An addict can never do anything on occasion, you stupid wench. Not one drink, not one pill, not one cigarette, because that is what sends them spiraling out of control. It's a lifelong battle and it's not easy.  That is the difference between an addict and a person that can control themselves. An addict is taught this in rehab. Of course, Scheana doesn't think he needs rehab, so back to square one. 

While I'm on the subject of Sheana, what exactly makes her so "intimidating"? Is it her annoying vocal fry and constant fake cry? Or her non-stop jabbering about me, me, me?  That's not intimidating, that's just being a huge pain in the ass. Grow some balls, Shay, and tell your wife to STFU once in a while. And get a job. Obviously he has too much free time. Why doesn't he work? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

Let me chime in with those who are saying that Scheana needs to understand she lives with an addict and therefore she may have to be with someone sober if she wants to stay with Shay.  This is why rehab is necessary; not just for Shay but also for Scheana to understand how it's going to be living with him.  (If not rehab, at least AA)   And let me also join the group who is fascinated and horrified by all the wedding pics/posters in their apartment.  Is Scheana trying to start a side job as a wedding consultant or photographer?  Because there is no reason to have THAT MANY wedding pics on your wall. 

If Scheana really wanted to feel better during that intervention she should have nixed the Toms, Katie and Ariana and just invited Kristen and James.  Those two have the most dysfunctional relationship on this show.  Being around them would certainly make Scheana feel as though "hey, I only have to deal with addiction, not assholery.  No problem!" 

In all seriousness though, watching the Kristen/James therapy session made me feel almost sick.  And sad for Kristen, of all people.  I have ribbed on her before but I certainly cannot now.  The resentment and hatred James has for her is palpable.  And very unrealistic.  If he's upset because Kristen slept with Tom (her longtime ex-boyfriend) and Jax before she started dating James, that's James' insecurity.  Period.  And it's not like he didn't know this when he met her and started dating her.  Lala doesn't seem like the fanciest sandwich in the picnic basket (thank you, Scott, Blake and Emerson!) but she should be watching these episodes and really thinking hard about James.   In any event, if James is acting this way toward Kristen in front of a therapist and on camera, I hate to think how he is behind closed doors.

As someone who was in an emotionally abusive relationship at one time myself, I fully understand the poster upthread who mentioned that you can allow someone to be disrespectful to you before you know it.   It's not as though people like James start off being that way.  In fact, they are very much the opposite.  They flatter you, they love bomb you in a sense and their abusive tactics are very subtle in the beginning.  If they are really good, they make you wonder if you heard or saw what you really did.  You write it off, figure you took it out of context or it was a one-time thing because they were drunk or upset about something.  They do it so gradually that it's happening to you full-time before you know it.  Then you can be afraid to be in the relationship and afraid to get out.  You can't imagine staying with the person but can't imagine being without them.  It's a real mental and emotional mindfuck.  I don't wish it on anyone.

Brittany is a moron.  Which we all knew from the fact that she not only associates with Jax but allows his pixilated private parts anywhere near her but to show up for a second interview (of sorts) with Lisa not only wearing yet another piece of lingerie but without her damn resume when Lisa asked for it the first time?  Ugh.  Just go away. 

The Toms preparing for their business proposal to Lisa was priceless.  Yes, dress business casual as though you are auditioning for a Lexus commercial!  Hee!  I did think Pandora's comment about panicking was unwarranted.  Yeah, we all know Schwartzie panicked at PUMP but cut the guy some slack.  And I also wonder if Pandora is pregnant, seeing as how she kept that large purse in front of her at all times.

Happy to see that Peter is happy.  Disgusted by how some of these chuckleheads eat.  Don't they know to close their mouths?  And WTF with the Nugget and the way she was eating her spaghetti?  Is she 2? 

Also wanted to say that I like how Kristen has her apartment styled (what we see of it).  The best of the group.

• Love 8

I thought Shay was some type of music producer or something like that? 

I think Scheana intimidates him because she is all me, me, me and just talks non-stop. Everyone agreed that she didn't ever let him get a word in. And he is a very quiet, passive person - so it's easy for someone like that to be railroaded. Shay and Scheana did say on the after show that he seems to have found his voice now, and even gets a bit sassy with her sometimes. Good for him!

I, too, thought he looked great. I, personally, think Shay is the most attractive guy on the show. The two Toms have good bone structure and Schwartz, especially, is very pretty. But they're a bit to skinny and "metro" for my taste. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2

Scheana seems like someone who wanted the princess fairy tale wedding and marriage at any cost.  That's why all her reactions to Shay are "me, me, me."  She just can't imagine why Shay is leaving for ten days at a time and not at home catering to her and her needs.  I always thought he must have a really cool personality to let Scheana have the attention at all times.  I also kind of thought that Scheana may be different at home than she is on her birthdays, wedding day, etc.  She's not.  Yikes.  

I need more Kristen.  She's the star of this show.  There's too much fakery going on this season and we need more of her stalking and blow-ups!  I don't care to see the Toms try to break into Lisa's Sangria business, Ariana pretending she is Amazing Amy, or watching Lala "work".  Give me the good stuff.  I wouldn't mind seeing more of the new people, if it wasn't so contrived.  Of course James and Lala are going to get together.  They are both desperate to be relevant on this show!  

• Love 5

Also wanted to say that I like how Kristen has her apartment styled (what we see of it).  The best of the group.

I just don't buy that that is really Kristen's apartment. I think production rented it for her on some kind of a corporate deal. Fully furnished. Compliments of Ikea. She was probably living out of her car or shacking up at a friends place and needed a place to film. She has no job. She can't afford a place that is as nice as that apt. The other chucklefucks are all working and they can't even afford a decent place to live. Although, I think Katie and Tom might have a nice apt, we don't really see much of it. Nice hardwood floors, reasonable clean, and it's good enough for the cutest dog ever,  Gordo.   

• Love 3