Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/16/15

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Comedian Susie Essman discusses "Late Night Joy"; Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulas, Lara Spencer, Amy Robach and Ginger Zee from "Good Morning America" visit the show; Stacy London shares affordable must-haves in "View Your Deals."

Tuesday: An interview with NeNe Leakes from "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"; "Food Fight's" Raven-Symonè and Mario Cantone visit the show.

Wednesday: The hosts discuss trending topics; the winner of the Holiday Handbag Sweepstakes is announced.

Thursday: Retired football player Michael Strahan visits the show to discuss trending topics.

Friday: Television personality Donny Deutsch discusses his show, "Donny!"; actors Sharon Stone and Jeff Hephner from "Agent X" visit the show.

Edited by Jaded

I sent a request for the date to be changed. I accidentally forgot to change the date when I copied and pasted the thread title. 

I guess Whoopi may have some time off for her Birthday? Without her and Michelle there even though the tone is somber it might be more civilized. Candace's question and Raven's to that terrorism expert sounded scripted.

• Love 1

As of now the schedule says that Wednesday and Thursday are hot topic days. I guess the GMA people got bumped for the Paris coverage at the start of the show. Cameron was even tolerable today.

• Love 1

The GMA people probably had more important things to do over at the ABC newsdesk than The View. They had Richard Clarke give his views on the Paris attacks to take that segment. I really like Joy as moderator. The panel flows so much better. No Michelle to give her stupid comments during Clarke's segment was a good thing.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the show today ... a day without The Whoopster is a day with sunshine.  Joy did a good job as moderator & I enjoyed the show up until the Stacy London segment, when I checked out.

Same here. Nice, easy, relaxed show. I didn't get a headache and I didn't shout at the tv once. I always ff Stacey London. Her voice grates.

• Love 7

Cameron was even tolerable today.

She managed to annoy me almost instantly with her spiel about how she has her assistant monitor her emails and let her know what she needs to respond to so she is free from the constant pressure of dealing with her phone.

How nice for her she has an assistant to do that for her. Too bad virtually none of the viewers she was talking to have the same luxury.

The thing is, (Whoopi Goldberg®) I wouldn't even mind her saying that if she even slightly acknowledged that she is lucky to have an assistant to do things like that for her, and she realizes most people don't. But she seemed to have no awareness of the fact that she is enjoying a very special privilege most people don't have, which rendered her comment pretty much meaningless to most people listening to her.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9

I just can't with Raven anymore....complaining about people that tweet thanks and she has to spend time reading that rather than playing Candy Crush......

Not a bad segment on Paris today. I was glad to not see Whoopi and Michelle there for that.....or just there for that matter.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

So much better with Joy moderating . No squinting at the teleprompter and laughing inappropriately, The woman at the table seemed more at ease also. 

I imagine knowing nobody's about to scream at you or mock you is a calming experience.

This is a very superficial thing to say (and doesn't take away from the show at all), but I hope Joy buys some nicer-looking glasses if/when she becomes the moderator full-time.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the show today ... a day without The Whoopster is a day with sunshine.  Joy did a good job as moderator & I enjoyed the show up until the Stacy London segment, when I checked out.

I completely agree!  Joy is always fabulous.  And the second Stacy appears, I fast-forward (or change the channel if I'm watching live).  I find her very unpleasant to watch.  And to listen to.  I feel like they're ramming her down our throats, and I don't like her at all.  It's like being force-fed something awful.  I can tolerate pretty much anyone else, but please - no more Stacy!!!

• Love 6

She managed to annoy me almost instantly with her spiel about how she has her assistant monitor her emails and let her know what she needs to respond to so she is free from the constant pressure of dealing with her phone.

How nice for her she has an assistant to do that for her.  Too bad virtually none of the viewers she was talking to have the same luxury.

The thing is, (Whoopi Goldberg®) I wouldn't even mind her saying that if she even slightly acknowledged that she is lucky to have an assistant to do things like that for her, and she realizes most people don't.  But she seemed to have no awareness of the fact that she enjoying a very special privilege most people don't have, which rendered her comment pretty much meaningless  to most people listening to her. 

Yeah, I thought that whole thing was kind of pointless.  And obnoxious.  I know people (some famous) who have assistants, and none of them talk like that.

I'm also starting to seriously wonder if Raven gets paid every time she says, "Candy Crush".  Enough already!  She seems to think it makes her seem young, hip, cool, or whatever it is she's trying to be.  The truth is, though, that it's been around for years and my 90-year-old aunt & her friends all play.  As do I, and as do lots of people, most of them not young nor hip nor cool.  I'm tempted to turn it into a drinking game.  Bloody Marys are an appropriate morning show drink, right?

• Love 6

After getting the All-Clear signal here earlier I watched the show tonight OnDemand while doing kitchen things.  I'm sure Whoopi wasn't in today because she did five shows last week - you know she's not ever going to work one minute more than her contract, even for a Whoopi Goldberg salute.   Bonus was Michelle was gone too. I like that they leave Stacy's Stupid Segments until last so I can just stop when she starts.    

Even though I was listening more than watching, it seemed like a different show - in a good way - with Joy at the helm and Whoopi no where in sight.  Richard Clark was a good guest for the Paris Terrorist Attack topic as was David Muir.  Having two actual newspeople at the table to ask real questions didn't hurt either. I can't even imagine what Michelle might have said to Clark and I can just hear Whoopi call him Richie.  

Paula's stock continues to rise (with me)  when she said her boy's vacuum the house.  I wonder if that means she doesn't even have a cleaning person.   I think she's maybe the most relatable person at the table to me, although I do have a cleaning person, but no kids at home, lol.    She's gone from not-offensive (which is saying something on this show) to enjoyable.  

This weekend I looked up her Instagram profile and immediately found her profile likable. Besides the expected pics of her kids etc. she's got a great one where she's wearing a t-shirt and has a Go-Pro strapped to her head yet still looks pretty.    The Jesus stuff doesn't even bother me because I like that she just owns it without feeling the need to talk about it all.the. time.  like CCB.   Here it is: 

Paula Faris @GMA by morning. @ABCTheView by day. Mommy 24/7. Love Jesus, my three kids, hot hubby, sports and bacon. SAVED by lots of GRACE. Can't walk in heels.

Raven's hair gave me hives!!!

LOL.  That was interesting to say the least.   It must be hard to come up with a completely different hairstyle every single show.  I wonder if she knows that's not really necessary.

I didn't catch the part about Candace talking about her assistant. It must have been when I got distracted for a couple minutes. 

You didn't miss much.   Then on the subject of 'needy husbands' she let us know her husband is perfect (her words) never needy and does EVERYTHING around the house and for the kids.   But she neglected to mention he retired ten years ago (at age 31) so he should be doing holding down the homefront while she's making the money.  

• Love 6

here's my guess-  Raven was in the hairstylist chair, and the stylist was getting ready to put in the  highlights -  combing some forward, dividing the rest into sections, getting ready to put in the foils.  And then, the show is starting!  Raven has to get up, mid-foil, and run onstage, with no time to get her hair back to normal. 

really, there's no other possible explanation for her hair, is there? 

• Love 7

I thought Raven shaved her head and all those wild 'do's were just hairpieces ... do you really think that's her real hair all mohawked and dyed that way?

If she keeps that up she won't have to shave her noggin any more because she'll be bald headed!

I didn't catch the part about Candace talking about her assistant. It must have been when I got distracted for a couple minutes.

Are you suggesting that your attention wanders during this show? Gosh, I can't imagine why .... ha!

Actually I am finding myself checking out earlier and earlier every day. It won't be long before I get ticked off one morning and delete it from my dvr schedule altogether.

• Love 1

Mario gets on my nerves most of the time but he is funny. "Raven is turning our building into a lesbian frathouse" and every other thing he says makes me laugh. I'm glad he won that contest otherwise Raven would have been insufferable. As is Nene. So full of herself. Cameron also drives me nuts with her perfect life and all, but I did agree with her today that the reason so many marriages end in divorce is because of selfishness. I remember women I worked with always complaining about housework and laundry but their husbands had to do the lawn mowing and snow blowing which didn't take as much time. One woman threw her husband's clothes out of the hamper and only washed hers. None of them are married today. Whoopi says people lie. I would say she is the liar and selfish one in her marriages and relationships. Too much work Whoopi. It would be way too much work to deal with you.

• Love 3

Did anyone catch what Raven said to Candace when Candace was saying she wished President Obama had more passion when talking about the Paris attacks? Did she say "did you want him to cry on stage?" Candace seemed taken back and gave her a bitchface in response and said "no" 

• Love 2

From an intelligent informative Richard Clark (yesterday) to an insufferable dope like Nene Lekes (today), the gigantic swing in guest-quality broke the pendulum.

From Joy as moderator (yesterday) to Whoopi as moderator (any other day)? Just plain better all around with Joy.

Edited by SunFun
  • Love 11

For the first time since Whoopi joined The View, I say, "Hell, yeah!" Her passionate and logical input on Obama's measured and thoughtful response against going to war was the Whoopi I expected to see years ago. Better late than never, especially when our sons' and daughters' lives are involved.

• Love 8

Nene is a piece of work..I just cannot with her...Her attitude is still awful. I did not like her banter with Joy, it was tinged with nastiness. I do not miss her on the Housewife...Broadway can keep her....

So happy to see Joy treat NeNe like the impervious nobody famewhore that she is. Whoopi used to be extremely rude and dismissive of reality show nonstars. Now that Alex has a show, she is all up Nene's butt.

Really enjoying Paula. And all Raven could comment on in regard to the President's important statement about whether we should send in ground troops was a stupid comment about him saying "pop off." Wow.

Much better flow without Michelle. In addition to all of her side jokes that she mumbles, the thing that irritates me the most is seeing her tongue when she speaks. I cant explain it, but her tongue looks kind of split down the center. Shallow, I know. Sorry.

• Love 5

For the first time since Whoopi joined The View, I say, "Hell, yeah!" Her passionate and logical input on Obama's measured and thoughtful response against going to war was the Whoopi I expected to see years ago. Better late than never, especially when our sons' and daughters' lives are involved.

Don't be mislead by The Whoopster's sudden logic!!  She stuck her (wet) finger in the air & caught which way the wind (opinions) was blowing & only joined the throngs agreeing with POTUS.  He knows as soon as they put boots on the ground & go after these chicken-shit bastards, they'll meld back into the population & HIDE til the heat is off.  Then they gather together to rape, kill innocent unarmed men, women & children whenever it suits them, kidnap young girls to pimp them out in child sex rings & cause havoc all over the world.  These people are causing poor, innocent Muslims immeasurable grief.

• Love 10

I should have turned it off the minute I heard Whoopi declare Hitler a Christian - because he "hated Catholics" (who are Christians by the way - Me)   W. T. F.?   And she said it directly to CCB who was actually talking about how "unChristian Ted Cruz and his ilk are with their "Christian refugees only" stuff.   So not only completely ridiculous but RUDE. 

Apparently though, the mention of Hitler even woke up the people at the controls - or maybe someone tweeted Raven - because during the break someone whipped out their phone for a fact-check (didn't you know everything on Wikipedia is true or that Raven gets her info from FB?)  and Whoopi did a super awkward attempt at a a correction - not because she was wrong but so that "people don't come at her" for her ignorant big mouth I guess.  

Holy Pageant Hair Batman!!   I have to give Candace the award for the worst hair today. Sure, Raven's was uh, interesting but I'm used to seeing her different and creative hairstyles.   Someone left Candace's hot rollers in too long.  Yikes!  I found it so distracting I couldn't think about anything else when the camera was on her.

The food fight needed more time and better judges.  I think it's a good idea but waaaaaay too rushed. It didn't help that Whoopi took all the food before Raven or Mario had a chance to plate it either.  

edited for typos - but I'm sure I didn't get them all.  Damn Ipad. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I watched today for the first time in a while, and I made it though most of the show. 

I agree, Cosmocrush, Candace did have the worst hair, and that is saying something when Raven was also at the table!   But Candace's was too curly. Too beauty queen-ish.

And although it is definitely unique, I kinda liked Raven's hair today.  Not sure if it is a hairpiece or not.  If it is, it must be attached well, because she was running around a lot during the food segment, and it didn't fall off.   Also, maybe it was the fitted clothing, that someone noted above, but Raven looked good today.  Like a grownup even.

Also enjoyed the food fight.  It was nice seeing them all relaxed.  Even Whoopi seemed to have gotten off her high horse and appeared to be enjoying herself.

Who was the "referee" during the food fight?   Is she one of the extra panelists?

• Love 2
And although it is definitely unique, I kinda liked Raven's hair today.

It's fun for me to see all the unique looks Raven brings...hair and clothing.  She's like a new art piece every day...sometimes a hit; sometimes a miss.  As I've said before, her make-up is always beautiful.  I know make-up people try to match lipstick to skin tone, but for television I'd like to see lipstick go well with the panelist's top.  Today Candace wore a bright orange dress with clashing pink lipstick.  May I request something I find more pleasing? Thank you very much.

• Love 2
So happy to see Joy treat NeNe like the impervious nobody famewhore that she is.

Wow!  Who booked her???   All that posing and turning.  She actually believes her own hype.  I'm sure she thinks she was the most intelligent, beautiful, sexy, and successful woman sitting at that table--after all, she's on BROADWAY!

• Love 8
I should have turned it off the minute I heard Whoopi declare Hitler a Christian - because he "hated Catholics" (who are Christians by the way - Me)   W. T. F.?

I can answer this.  Catholics are taught that they are indeed christians.   Christians follow Christ, and by strict definition, Catholicism is one of the christian religions. BUT -  some Christian scholars and ministers feel that Catholics are not christians, because they don't follow the  Bible by some strict definitions.   Like - the Bible says we are saved by Christ alone, Catholicism says we are saved by Christ but have to do penance for sins, and do good works in order to be saved.      

It's nit-picking, and personally it's the splitting hairs that turns many people, myself included,  away from religion, but whether or not Catholics are Christians depends on who is answering the question.   some people think that catholics need to convert to Christianity in order to be saved.  

http://www.gotquestions.org/Catholic-Christian.html

• Love 1

Oh Nene and I go way back (on my TV) and the Nene we saw today is the real Nene only with better teeth, lol.   I used to find her amusing in a reality show way but with each career success she got worse and worse.   I'm not sure why she's sitting this season out unless filming RHOA conflicted with her Chicago rehearsals, which sounds about right.  Last season she reportedly got a cool million for being herself on RHOA.

I was happy to see Joy wouldn't engage with her - at all, LOL. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

So I just watched the first fifteen minutes that I missed this morning & almost spewed my wine when Whoopi stated (regarding Charlie):  "He was paid millions to keep this a secret."  WTF?  Paula, Joy & Raven fell all over themselves to correct her "error" but she seemed oblivious because she was so busy pontificating to the audience (& us) that unprotected sex is a no-no.  WTF?  That woman luuuuvs the sound of he own voice & feels compelled to interrupt others just to hear it.  Blech!!!

Oh Nene and I go way back (on my TV) and the Nene we say today is the real Nene only with better teeth, lol.   I used to find her amusing in a reality show way but with each career success she got worse and worse.   I'm not sure why she's sitting this season out unless filming RHOA conflicted with her Chicago rehearsals, which sounds about right.   I was happy to see Joy wouldn't engage with her - at all, LOL. 

Ditto!!  I've seen every iteration of Nene & she doesn't appeal to me AT ALL!!

• Love 8