Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I am not a parent, so maybe I just don't get it. I fail to understand why it was such a BFD that Hope let Kelly stay and do the art project with Douglas and Beth for a few more hours. (I can't wait to see how much Beth has been SORAS-d if she is able to fully participate.) It's not like Kelly was left with somebody Steffy barely knew. Granted, I agree that Hope should have let Steffy know, but everybody is reacting like Hope kidnapped Kelly or something. 

I have to say that TK looked particularly shiny and unkempt yesterday. He looked like a deranged hobo who crawled up from under some bridge and randomly wandered in to SP to go on a drunken rant. DD and the other male actors seem to be able to manage haircuts during this time. Just sayin'. 

Good point, @RuntheTable. I am sure that the physical distancing isn't helping, but I still see zero sparks between Steffy and Finn. I think part of it is that the actor is really bad. Very expressionless. My opinion is that JMW needs a strong acting partner to elevate her, so this just doesn't work. (I still scratch my head about that Emmy win ... )

Everybody keeps bringing up that Ridge was blackout drunk during his "wedding" with Shauna. This would be a great opportunity for a SL that didn't involve a ToD. Address Ridge's problem drinking. But no ... the men always get a pass for excessive drinking to "blow off stress." Women who drink to bury their feelings and pain are always labeled as "alcoholics" and sent to AA. Not fair. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

While not a Steffy fan by any stretch of the imagination, I was rooting for her to find life and love and a storyline that didn't include Liam, except as co-parenting. Because that's how sick I am of the ToD. And I do feel for her fans who want so badly for Finn to work but the entire setup and everything since then hasn't sold me one iota on them and for them to fall in love now would be all kinds of problematic as he is her doctor and she, in her quest to get her next fix, is confiding things in him that she likely wouldn't at this stage in a relationship, so that authority imbalance just squicks me out. And I can't fathom it working in the future, even if he, if he has any sense, releases her as his patient. The foundation just isn't there. But that's what happens when the cart is put long before the horse and #Sinn becoming a insta-couple the second LibbityBibbity was cast, which, that's not how it works. It doesn't help (as observed by others) that his acting skills are about on par with JMW, which is not a compliment.

Speaking of her spilling her guts, while I don't doubt that she had real pain over the losses of Phoebe and Beth, it really rubbed me the wrong way, that she was using every tragedy she could think of to get yet another bottle of pills.

Good for Dr. Finn that he said "no."

The better bet would have been for TPTB with something like @TobinAlbers suggestions where the good doctor was not so good after all and it was former dealer Vinnie who saw what was going on, who connected with Steffy as part of helping her. Those two had more chemistry just standing next to each other at the Thopzoe wedding that wasn't, with nary a word exchanged between them, then in all these weeks with Finn. And certainly the socially distant filming protocol isn't helping, but chemistry is either there or it isn't and I'm just not seeing it, no matter how much #Sinn is pushed at us. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

How does RS even fix her mouth for Quinn to say that Ridge loves Shauna? Ridge loves Ridge. Ridge loves the attention from Shauna. In no way does Ridge love Shauna, & in no way is he going to be ecstatic for her to move into the mansion, whether she upgrades her wardrobe or not. Just because Shauna got him drunk & conned him into marrying her, doesn't mean that it's a real marriage, or that he loves her.

Likewise, damn, Brooke, thirsty much? He's a dog. You kissed the perfection known as $Bill, understandable, & even jealousy-inducing, but at the end of the day, it was just a kiss. He married someone else (whether he knows it or not, he put himself in the position for that to be a possibility), someone that caused a lot of pain to your family, by keeping a HUGE secret. They're not the same. He should be begging you, not the other way around. But, no matter what, at 60-ish, neither of you should still be acting like this. I'm 40-ish, & that's too much drama for me. Move on, for real, & for good. 

I liked a tweet from my beloved Kaysar, from Big Brother, does that mean that we're married & in love ~ should I ask my bestie, Quinn? Unfortunately, no, but, if you're reading this, Kaysar, it's not off the table. My husband will understand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So while Justin parachuted in to deliver his none-too-subtle diversity message, why was Wyatt smirking and Bill acting bored? Whatever, now Bradley can check the "BLM Initiative Completed" box on the form he has to send back to CBS. (Yeah, I'm cynical like that.) 😒

I loathe Bradley and I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking.  In fact, I would imagine that's probably the ONLY reason why we are saddled with Carter.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:18 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I agree that JMW just doesn't have the acting chops to pull this off.  In the hands of a more skilled actress, it could be a much more compelling storyline. Please make it end quickly! I can't stand another day of the moaning and groaning. With fractured ribs and a sprained back (though not discounting the injuries), shouldn't Steffy be getting better by now?  Wouldn't she be going to PT for her back? 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think she has about the same level of ability Susan Lucci had when she finally won her Emmy for her addiction storyline. The difference is JMW already has an Emmy, for pretty much which all she had to do was show up every day. Pssht, the Daytime Emmys are a joke now.

Complete joke.  Jackie Wood is a horrible actress.  And cycnic in me says the Daytime Emmys handed her an Emmy because they hate Katherine Kelly Lang for some reason and they want to stick it to her.  "We are going to hand an Emmy to this no-talent twit, that's how much we don't want you to have one!"

So tired of Quinn and her antics.  "Game set match Shauna!"  So smug and so undeserved.  This is Bradley, so it will probably only take about 8 more months before "THE TRUTH" is revealed about Quinn sending the "four little words" from Ridge's phone to Carter.  When it finally happens, I hope Eric kicks her to the curb and goes back to Donna.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I am not a parent, so maybe I just don't get it. I fail to understand why it was such a BFD that Hope let Kelly stay and do the art project with Douglas and Beth for a few more hours. 

Speaking as someone who is not a parent but whose families were not entirely cordial, the most prominent reason that springs to mind would be a pissing match by spiteful parents. Most parents I know would jump at the chance to expand on me time, especially when the kid is having fun with cousins and sibs.

It's not like Hope pulled a stunt like Brooke did where she arranged an office picnic for Ridge and roped in Taylor's children into the stunt (for the new viewers, Taylor was married to Ridge and Brooke was just recently divorced from Thorne and trying to woo him back). Rarely do I ever side with Taylor but she was right to call shenanigans for that. Hope letting her stay a few hours longer to play with her cousin and sister is nothing even close to that bullshit, Hope's inability to consult anyone for anything notwithstanding.

• Love 5

Hope's inability to consult anyone for anything notwithstanding.

I think that's the problem right there: Hope's presumption that she's entitled to make unilateral decisions about someone else's kid. She'd already kept Kelly without consulting Kelly's parents first, then she passed Kelly off to Brooke, who then passed her off to Donna. At this point Steffy probably doesn't even know where her child is. IMO, Hope is taking advantage, perhaps unintentionally, of Steffy's current vulnerability and is using Steffy's child to do it. Given their history (especially the Phoebeth mess) Hope is not acting honorably or like a trustworthy stepparent. Liam will have to take a stand eventually and it's probably not going to go Hope's way unless Liam gets jealous of Finn.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

Sad that Eric has to sneak in visits from Brooke while his wife is away. It's his home FFS.

Shauna is such an unabashed golddigger. I almost want to admire her for it. Quinn can miss me though with that crap about how she's never really cared about money. Her history with the Forresters and FC would say otherwise, not to mention how she's convinced business mogul Bill that Wyatt is his son despite no DNA proof. We'll see how much she cares about money when Eric is ready to drop her a$$ after he finds out what she and Shauna pulled.

That was a gorgeous gown Zoe was modeling though she doesn't really have the boobs for it. A big dress like that needs some decent cleavage to balance it out, I think.

You feel lucky to be Ridge's wife, Shauna? Luck had nothing to do with it. 😑

I liked Brooke's top. The pants not so much.

Maybe Eric should be lecturing his d-bag son instead of Brooke. Ridge is the one who stays making flighty, life-altering decisions and then blaming everybody else when he has regrets.

So have Ridge and Shauna consummated or not? Why isn't Ridge's wife living with him if they're fully married?

A kimono as wall art. Is that a thing, at least in Beverly Hills?

Brooke, this is an instance when you should be too proud to beg. Ridge will never meet you halfway unless he's out of options.

• Love 7

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴Snooze Fest!  Day in day out the same old 💩. With social distancing, the scripts are really phoned in by TIIC.  Lately watching B&B is like watching paint dry. 

• Love 5

You know what I could use?  I hate the constant flashbacks on this show that Bradley uses to fill time... but anytime Ridge mentions how Bill pushed him out of a helicopter, I NEED to see that scene again.  That slow motion shot from above of wide eyed Ridge CGI plummeting down... in my mind it ranks right up there with "it ain't gonna happen, Rick" as one of the unintentionally funniest moments on this show.

Not certain on what would round out my Top 5, but Ridge screaming "RIIIIIICCCCKKKK" after he pushed him off the roof, plastic Ken doll Thomas bad acting with the boinkberries, and anytime Phoebe and Gorillick sang might be up there.  I've only been watching for 15 years, so I'm sure there's more unintentionally funny moments that I just can't remember at this time.

• Love 6

Two phrases I wish Brooke would quit using :

"Your bestie, Shauna..."

"Your BFF, Shauna..."

Not only are they dated but it makes her look like she's trying too hard to be young and hip.  Now if she said, "Your beastie, Shauna...", I could get behind that! 😊

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, blackwing said:

You know what I could use?  I hate the constant flashbacks on this show that Bradley uses to fill time... but anytime Ridge mentions how Bill pushed him out of a helicopter, I NEED to see that scene again.  That slow motion shot from above of wide eyed Ridge CGI plummeting down... in my mind it ranks right up there with "it ain't gonna happen, Rick" as one of the unintentionally funniest moments on this show.

Not certain on what would round out my Top 5, but Ridge screaming "RIIIIIICCCCKKKK" after he pushed him off the roof, plastic Ken doll Thomas bad acting with the boinkberries, and anytime Phoebe and Gorillick sang might be up there.  I've only been watching for 15 years, so I'm sure there's more unintentionally funny moments that I just can't remember at this time.

My person fave moment of hilarity was the time Deacon deflowered Bridget and her entire family listened in, screaming and wailing like he'd murdered the family dog 🤣

this happened less than a year before Hope was born, BTW 🥴

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, blackwing said:

This never gets old for me either.

ridge-falls-bold-helicopter.jpg

If only he had stayed at the bottom of the sea. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10

If only he had stayed at the bottom of the sea. 

The bottom of the sea didn't want him either.

My person fave moment of hilarity was the time Deacon deflowered Bridget and her entire family listened in, screaming and wailing like he'd murdered the family dog 🤣

It was insane! I crack up every time I watch that scene. Why didn't they just hang up the phone? Besides, weren't Bridget and Deacon married and on their wedding night? Whatever, it wouldn't be the first or the last time some innocent young girl lost her virginity to a sleazeball.

Man, Bridget had all the bad luck. I don't know why she doesn't stay away from the Logans and Forresters altogether.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Besides, weren't Bridget and Deacon married and on their wedding night?

I mean...yeah. Deacon was cartoonishly open about his motives for that marriage, but that wailing and teeth gnashing was sooooo unnecessary. I mean FFS, Brooke herself thought this depravity was worth overlooking to bang him once her attempts at seducing Ridge were a bust.

Oh, also! How the hell did we all forget about the glory that was Bill's dressing down after the DARE fiasco? 🤣  I'm sure it's somewhere in this B&B playlist but God seeing him drag Ridge and Eric as the petulant children they were was the most satisfying dragging ever right up there with Eric reading Liam for filth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, CountryGirl said:

it was former dealer Vinnie who saw what was going on, who connected with Steffy as part of helping her. Those two had more chemistry just standing next to each other at the Thopzoe wedding that wasn't, with nary a word exchanged between them, then in all these weeks with Finn.

Oh  yes a woman who thinks as I do.  I ship Veffy (mostly because I really like the Vinnie character)  and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  Vinnie isn't perfect.  He's got a sketchy past and he's friends with Thomas (but not BFFs thank goodness). Best of all he's not the usual handsome soap hunk. So that makes him someone new and interesting to add to the canvas.  Hey Show, do a redemption SL where Liam helps Vinnie change his life around and find a heretofore unacknowledged skill.  Let us find out via Vinnie spending time at Lope's that Vinnie like children and is good with them -- maybe he's the oldest of 8 siblings.

Show keeps dropping Veffy hints because Thomas keeps telling Steffy Vinnie says hi and asks about her.  Vinnie sent Steffy flowers!  This isn't throwaway filler. There's has to be a reason Vinnie hasn't disappeared from Bell-A even if we haven't seen him.  Show doesn't usually keep a character around off-screen with mentions. Think about RJ. Not peep about him and you'd think someone would have mentioned his reaction to the Rauna marriage.

Bring Vinnie back on screen.  Make Veffy happen as a slow burn story. He helps her through addiction and supports her going to rehab. They are friends and then one day she really looks at him and sees what a great guy he is.  Imagine Vinnie at Thanksgiving and what he's could say while seated next to Steffy.

C'mon. Take a chance Brad B and do the unexpected. Surprise us.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 4

The partially open door is all pissed off because his rival the fully closed door was cast today instead of him. Doesn’t anyone knock anymore. I guess Bill can just barge in wherever he wants. Not really. It was Bill that Quinn called and not Shauna, surprise. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Good grief, Brooke. Have some self-respect. If Ridge is your destiny you might as well jump off the nearest cliff.

Oh Eric, there's no fool like an old fool. Your wife has you completely snowed.

Have we see  those tattoos before that Quinn had on  her arms today?

A Forrester matriarch. Shauna? Stephanie must be spinning in her grave or wherever she is.

Dumbass Ridge just stood there while Quinn explained to Brooke what he wants and needs. Ugh, he deserves Shauna.

Meanwhile, Bill let himself be Quinn's tool AGAIN. When is he going stop storming into people's houses? Well, at least he bought a clue about Quinn and laid down the law.

"Waaah, Bill's always taking my toys, Daddy!"  STFU, Ridge, you gigantic baby.

• Love 10

@Joimiaroxeu, if I could give you a thousand likes for that masterpiece I would. Such a wonderful way to start the day, but my laughing did wake up Mr. R.

RUT RHO! Shit just got real for Quinn. Is this going to be Bill's new SL? Please, please. Oh, so much please. Goody Goody Gumdrops, please let Bill be the one to out Quinn and Shauna. I don't know why I think this would make a difference, but for some reason I do. I think it would make Ridge look even more foolish, and maybe will light up a long darkened part of Brooke's brain. 

I was so excited to see them set up Brooke and Quinn as adversaries. I think KKL does her best work when she is playing against a strong nemesis. But this isn't panning out as I had hoped. Brooke is coming off as a desperate society wife (OMG! she is acting like a young Stephanie!), and Quinn is coming off like a high schooler, cheering on her best friend. I mean, when she was sporting the Pebbles and Bam Bam hairdo I was envisioning a cheerleading outfit, replete with two huge pompoms, one with Shauna spelled out and one with Ridge spelled out:

Yeah, I've heard what's going round
But you can't take Rauna down
I don't play just for fun
I won't stop 'til Rauna is number one 

Fe, fi, fo, fum
Rauna are sounding the warning drum!  
Fum, fo, fi fe,  
And Bridge can't stop our winning spree!

I sputtered a bit when Ridge was going on to Katie about Shauna being a wonderful person. Good people don't let innocent parents suffer, thinking their child is dead for a minute, much less a year. That statement says so very much about how Ridge really views Brooke. 

From earlier comments about there being no chemistry between Steffy and Finn and social distancing playing a part in that. I am in agreement with my fellow posters that there is a lack of chemistry here, and the good Dr. is very wooden. When he smiles he is kiina cute though. And it is so unfortunate, because Steffy getting a new romance that did not involve Liam would be so great. But I am on board for @La di Diva's whole Vinnie thing. I also like Vinnie. I like quirky characters that have holes and deep crevices; makes them interesting. And I am a sucker for a baddie with a big heart; something about that makes an unattractive person smokin hot. 

But I do think social distancing is having an impact on these scenes. I mean, come on! Brooke begging Ridge without touching him, and has there ever been a scene when Ridge doesn't grab Brooke's head? It isn't so jarring when it is a group sitting around talking; i.e. the other day in Bill's office. But the Bill and Ridge scenes didn't work because with those two, someone is going to have someone else's collar pulled up. My point with Finn and Steffy was that maybe if they could have some kind of physical contact it might help a bit. I liken it to Ridge and Quinn, and when their kissing romance started. I would never have been able to put those two together in my head, but once they were alone, and were touching each other sparks started flying, at least for me. 

23 hours ago, blackwing said:

Not certain on what would round out my Top 5, but Ridge screaming "RIIIIIICCCCKKKK" after he pushed him off the roof, plastic Ken doll Thomas bad acting with the boinkberries, and anytime Phoebe and Gorillick sang might be up there. 

In addition to what has already been mentioned, some of my personal faves are:

Brooke and Ridge's jungle wedding

A hypnotized Taylor decked out in her disco finest and chicken dancing away at the Beach House (Pierce era)

Stephanie storming into the Beach House to watch Brooke and Eric "make love" (Nick era)

Once sweet, but now evil Kimberly, tries to kill Brooke by pushing her through a sliding glass door (Thorne era)

I am sure there are many, many, more. Maybe we should start a new thread for that.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wyatt and Bill's scenes today were GOLD. I loved Wyatt laughing at Bill and pointing out that even he knows to check the window if Quinn says it's raining. Bill didn't get played by Quinn, he played himself.

The other good joke was threatening to throw Wyatt out the window for an express trip off the top floor. Bill was PISSED! We need more scenes of Wyatt and Bill like this - bonding and talking about interesting stuff instead of Flo.

Then they did a nice swerve of Bill - Bill! - admitting he's torn and acknowledging that Katie did more to help him evolve as a person than anyone and that does hold a prime position in his heart. Dare I say it but it sounds like part of his urgency to get Brooke is he feels it's truly over with Katie and he doesn't want to be alone. I liked this bit of vulnerability from Bill.

Quinn actually shocked me today. When she threw out the idea of Shauna and Ridge having a wedding at the Forrester mansion with Brooke front row, my jaw fell open. Then it fell off when GIRLFRIEND PROPOSED IT TO RIDGE! I mean...what the HELL, Quinn? Ridge really should've dropped a line like 'Okay, Quinn, what's really going on here? Why are you pushing me with Shauna when we know you want to be with me?' just to see her face crack.

Donna looked bee-yoo-ti-ful in yellow. I really wish they'd let her have her own storyline instead of gluing the Logans back together, being a babysitter, and pining for Eric.  She deserves to be front and center for a bit.

• Love 9

Hey Brooke, it’s Quinn’s House. She has every right to be there. If she wanted to have a private conversation with Ridge, she should of had that conversation somewhere else. 

Sorry Donna, that dress is not very flattering on you. Your a Jessica Rabbit want to be. You just need to die your hair red.  

You know why Brooke loves to make love to Ridge?  If she need to lube she just has to run her fingers through Ridge’s hair. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Was Shauna waiting on a rideshare or something? Why would she be standing right outside the house, a few feet away from Quinn, talking to her by phone? It looked silly IMO.

Does Katie know about Brooke telling Bill she'd always love him? Seems to me like that would be a solid dealbreaker for her.

FWIW, I don't think Bill is really in love with Brooke. I think he loves the fantasy of being with her. What he needs to do is stop trying to act on that fantasy, and stop making promises to Katie he doesn't keep.

Ridge just keeps letting Quinn run his life. I can't with that fool.

I watched today's episode online at cbs.com and at the beginning they showed a coarse language warning. I can't figure out what they consider "coarse." When Bill was ranting to Wyatt about Quinn he said two somewhat strong things:

• "...your meddling bitch of a mother!"
  • "...I don't give a damn!"

Would those lines give somebody the vapors? A couple of those words might not be appropriate for children but kids probably shouldn't watching daytime soaps to begin with. 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I like quirky characters that have holes and deep crevices; makes them interesting. And I am a sucker for a baddie with a big heart; something about that makes an unattractive person smokin hot. 

I think Vinnie in the midnight blue tux at the ThomZoe not-wedding was pretty darn smokin' hot.  Standing with Steffy they looked every inch a couple that belongs together and belongs in the Forrester mansion. I see Steffy as the one to smooth out Vinnie's rough edges just a little and Vinnie as the one man who can cure Steffy of her entitled Forrester attitude.

I want to know Vinnie's backstory -- where's he from, how did he get to LA, how did he meet Thomas, how did he get into drug dealing, did he know Amber back in high school?  Vinnie is definitely a baddie (sort of) with a big heart. As far as we know he hasn't pushed anyone off a roof, thrown anyone off a balcony, raped anyone while they were asleep, broken up with his "Destiny" because she texted her ex about their daughter, made out with his step-mother the night before his umpteenth wedding to his "Destiny", gotten black-out drunk more than once with the mother of the woman who helped steal his step-granddaughter.  Plus Vinnie doesn't look like a greasy shiny hobo. So from that perspective he's a better man than Ridge.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I want to know Vinnie's backstory -- where's he from, how did he get to LA, how did he meet Thomas, how did he get into drug dealing, did he know Amber back in high school? 

I've seen some speculation out in soap forum world that Vinny and Finn are related. While Finn went to medical school and became a doctor, Vinnie drifted into drug dealing and is the black sheep of the family.  The thing about it that doesn't work for me is that Finnegan is an Irish name and I got the impression Vinny is Italian. Plus, Vinny's last name is Walker. Neither of those things preclude them from being related of course but right now I'm not seeing the benefit other than it might mean Vinny is from a wealthy family (and that's how he and Thomas and Steffy know each other).

Knowing B&B, Dr. Penny Peloton Sad Face Wanna Be a Fashion Designer Escobar is related to Finn too since they're both doctors. 🙄

(Also, while googling around I just learned that the actor who plays Vinny, Joe LoCicero, is married to actress Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin). He's fairly well-connected in Hollywood.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

Shauna's hair was piled on top of her head and it reminded me of the Pittie Piles I clean up daily in my backyard. A proper upsweep, or even a true beehive would have looked much better in my opinion. 

Show has taken a file to the edges of their anvils, cause I am all kinda confused with what is going on. No one is giving clear signals, well except Brooke, and that is not the signal I wanna be hearing from her. 

I am on the outs with my own sister right now, so those Logan girl scenes really hit a cord with me this time. Normally they have me squirming around on my couch. 

Do none of these people have anything to do except discuss Ridge and Brooke? Who is managing the farm? Does Quinn still design jewelry? Or is her full time job managing Ridge and Shauna's love lives? 

Is Ridge capable of making a decision for himself? The man is so lost without his mother to tell him what to do. Now he is running around getting different opinions and advice from all manner of family. I don't know Ridge; as annoyed as I am with Brooke right now, I can at least say she didn't need to go whining to fifteen different people before deciding that you were still her destiny. No, she did that all on her own, but you had to talk to dad, Quinn, Katie, Bill, Steffy, and Shauna, and I might be forgetting some too. I am sooooooooooo done with Ridge. I have been done with him many times over the years, but Ronn always found a way to win me back over. He was like a block of wood with a molten center that had a way of melting your defenses. TK not so much. 

My fear is they are setting this up to be all about what Quinn did, and Shauna will come off like a victim of her interference. It is not lost on me that Quinn is now directing the entire show, and Shauna gets all pouty and doubtful about it, but still manages to let Quinn convince her. What I would like to see happen is for Ridge and Shauna to truly bond, because I detest both of them and feel they deserve each other, and it would finally free Brooke from this nightmare. Shauna starts to loose the innocent act, and starts trying to distance herself from Quinn because she is nervous that something will slip out. After Shauna declines Quinn's third dinner invitation, Quinn goes to visit Shauna, who is now living in the Guest House with Ridge. Shauna tells Quinn that she and Ridge are getting to a really good place, and she doesn't want anything to jeopardize that. Quinn gets instantly offended and reminds Shauna that she is the one who has been in her and Flo's corner since the PhoBeth reveal. And further reminds her of all the "help" she has given Shauna with Ridge and Brooke. Shauna tells Quinn to stop worrying; their friendship is solid, she just wants some alone time with her new husband. Quinn leaves temporarily mollified. However, Shauna has been working on some plans of her own. She knows one way to make deeper inroads with Ridge is to improve her relationship with Steffy, so she decides to start helping her through her recovery, and begins making visits to clean up, do laundry, make meals. Steffy is too wacked out on pills to care, and she is relieved that someone is there to help with Kelly. Shauna starts making dinners for the four of them at Cliff House,; Quinn finds out and confronts Shauna, who reminds Quinn that she has nothing to fear from Steffy. This statement enrages Quinn, who starts making veiled threats about interfering with Flo and Wyatt. Quinn knows she can't say anything to Ridge about VegasGate, because she would also be throwing herself under the bus, so she uses the only ammo she has; Flo. Shauna decides she has to nip this shit in the bud, she is Mrs. Ridge Forrester, and she was going to stay that way. Shauna comes up with a plan to tell Ridge the truth, making herself look like a helpless pawn in Quinn's game to bring Brooke down. She tells him she trusted Quinn because she knew more about Ridge and Brooke's relationship, and when she said Ridge needed to get away from Brooke she took that at face value. By the time she realized Quinn had not exactly been truthful it was too late; Shauna had already fallen in love with Ridge, and let herself get swept up in Quinn's plans. Ridge is mad as hell, but he is sympathetic to Shauna's pleas because he knows how manipulative Quinn can be. So in usual Ridge fashion he lays all the blame on Quinn, and burns rubber getting to Eric to tell him. Quinn ends up in the Roach Motel and Stephanie's portrait is rehung above the Forrester Mansion fireplace. 

On 9/12/2020 at 12:39 AM, La di Diva said:

I want to know Vinnie's backstory

I was thinking he should be the third lost Spencer Son. Bill would have all his bases covered; Liam, the computer geek/good businessman, Wyatt, the slimy, dirty one; and Vinnie; the street savvy entrepreneur.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

SP owns radio stations? I thought it was mainly into print and online media.

Justin's hair plugs have settled in nicely. 😼

How obtuse is Ridge? Quinn couldn't have looked more like she was up to something fishy if she'd had "SCHEMING SCHEMER SCHEMING" tattooed on her forehead.

Wait, I get why Quinn would want Brooke at a wedding between Ridge and Shauna but why would Ridge want that? Seems needlessly cruel unless he wants to punish her even more for the Bill thing. Or he would expect her to stop the wedding and beg him publicly to take her back. Ugh.

Katie, stop being Bill's consolation prize. You know if Brooke snapped her finger he'd drop you like a hot rock.

Just when you think Ridge can't be a bigger a-hole he proves you 100% wrong. He's always maneuvering to make Brooke take the blame for all their problems. But hey, it's no big deal to get blackout drunk and then divorced and remarried all in one evening, right Ridge? 🤨

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Somewhere out there someone finds this entertaining

Why would Ridge even consider an official ceremony? This is the shammiest marriage he has ever been involved in. He it telling Brooke he loves her and only wants to be married to her, then tells her that Shauna wants a ceremony in front of the family? For what? No one is putting any stock in this mess, everyone is aware of the circumstances, so why would you want that Ridge? And why would you expect Brooke to be ok with it? Stupid fuck, you are once again putting someone else's feelings before Brooke's. Shauna's wishes shouldn't even be registering with you; by all rights you should be furious with her for allowing this to happen. Instead, you are running the streets of LA telling everyone what a good person Shauna is. I simply cannot believe we have reached a point where Ridge is going to ask Brooke to be down with him remarrying the woman who allowed Brooke's daughter to suffer for a year, and then had diddle to say about Hope and Liam's suffering, confusion and pain, because a useless grifting bitch was too busy telling everyone that her daughter was innocent, and begging them to forgive her. 

So now I must ask; what is exactly wrong with Brooke? I am with Bill on this one in wondering what the attraction is with Ridge. Imma just gonna say this one time; if my "husband" pulled any of the shit that Ridge has pulled since returning from Europe, the boy would have been long gone. But this nonsense goes beyond the pale. Why can't Brooke see how disrespectful Ridge is being? He knows how she feels about him. He knows how she feels about Shauna. Why on God's green earth should Brooke care what Shauna wants? And why is that more important than what Brooke wants? I guess it was kind of considerate that Ridge wanted to give Brooke a heads up that he wanted to make Shauna feel better, more secure, by honoring her wishes to restate their vows in an official ceremony. Except not. This whole scenario perfectly exhibits how Ridge truly feels about Brooke. And at the end of the day, when you have to fight this hard for a relationship? I am not saying romance isn't hard work, and there aren't struggles, but that should be stuff like he doesn't put the toothpaste cap back on, on doesn't pull up the seat, or leaves his dirty socks laying around. Normal, getting to know each other stuff. It isn't because your husband got a case of the ass and went out and got drunk and didn't come home; instead spending the night at a bar with a person you despise. It isn't about your husband getting a second case of the ass and flying off to Vegas with that same person, and not only divorcing you, but marrying this hated individual. And now, your "husband" wants your seal of approval to remarry this woman in front of god, his family, and friends, and he wants you front and center?

And as the sideshow we will have Bill chasing/romancing "his Katie" again? 

I feel a case of the vapors coming on........

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

You know, since his return, I haven't felt like there's a lot of love lost between TK Ridge & Hope. I think he could pretty easily overlook Shauna's involvement being a cause of pain for Hope & Liam. What I don't believe is that this incarnation of Ridge would overlook anything that hurt Steffy in any way. Shauna knew about PhoeBeth for months; months that Steffy spent falling in love with the baby. He still hates $Bill for daring to bang Steffy, who was a willing participant, & most recently, for a total accident, for which Steffy has repeatedly said she doesn't blame Bill. It's illogical that he wouldn't hold some sort of hostility for Steffy's pain.

• Love 4

I will always think that for this version of Ridge, he is just jealous that Bill got to bed Steffy and that she thoroughly enjoyed herself. 

Partly because I think if Steffy were not his daughter, he'd be trying to tap that in a NY minute.

Partly because I think he's had a hard-on for Bill for years.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So in today's Very Special Episode, Vinny - who gifted Steffy with pills hidden with a stuffed bear - told her to literally "chill." And gave her, well, chill pills. Color me surprised that Thomas knows nothing about it. And interesting it's barely enough pills to get her through a few more days/ Hmm...

Also, upthread, someone mentioned Finn and Vinny being brothers and I want to like it (and perhaps they have an Irish mum and Italian pop), but it's another triangle with brothers. So I don't know.

As far as Liam casually dropping by Finn's office, which is to say, not at all casual, on the one hand:

tenor.gif?itemid=3532203

On the other hand, Steffy is the mother of his child and he would and should have an interest in anyone that might be around Kelly, but also, a doctor pursuing a relationship with his patient who is showing all signs of veering into a full-on addiction is a no-no, full-stop. Which, again, is why I can't get on board with #Sinn.

• Love 1

I will always think that for this version of Ridge, he is just jealous that Bill got to bed Steffy and that she thoroughly enjoyed herself. 

Partly because I think if Steffy were not his daughter, he'd be trying to tap that in a NY minute.

Partly because I think he's had a hard-on for Bill for years.

Can y'all imagine what would happen if it were ever determined that Ridge isn't actually Steffy's biological father? OMG, it would make the Bill/Brooke/Ridge battles look like some kids' game during recess. Threeway at the cliff house! 💞

• LOL 2

Ridge is such an obnoxious f-ing asshole toddler-man. When he spouts about how he can't let go of "Bills hands and lips all over" Brooke, Brooke should find her backbone and reply, "So no you know how I felt with you and QUINN!" I am seriously tired of those two and I truly feel sorry for KKL to have to play such an insipid character. Every time I hear about "everything we've overcome" or "obstacles blocking our destiny," "one step forward and two steps backward," I want to throw something at my TV.

I think Ridge actually had a good point when he suggested that maybe karma was trying to tell them something. I keep thinking that if any relationship took that much work, that's maybe it really isn't "destiny" after all. It's Brooke who won't let go. Her dogged determination to keep hanging on and fighting is exhausting. Any rational woman with an ounce of dignity and self-esteem would have sent that loser packing decades ago. 

I don't think that Ridge really could let go and move on if Brooke would just back off. Of course, once she became involved with somebody else, he'd come running back. 

I am not saying she should get back together with Bill, but that would be my preference. When Bill was pleading with Katie to give him yet another chance, he seemed about as enthusiastic as somebody getting ready for colonoscopy prep.  She truly is a fool if she tries yet again and I don't enjoy Batie.

Absolutely, @CountryGirl. Finn should not get involved with Steffy while she still is his patient.  Like somebody else pointed out, if Finn is an ER physician, then Steffy would no longer be under his care. She would be released back to her PCP and maybe also a physical therapist or orthopedic surgeon.  I have seen some sneak peeks and Finn has more chemistry with the stand-in mannequin.

My scorecard now: Brooke gives up the "prize" and lets Shauna have Ridge. Shauna realizes that Ridge just isn't in love with her, divorces him and goes back to Vegas. Katie sees the light and rejects Bill. Eric finds our about Quinn's meddling and divorces her. Ridge and Quinn reunite. Brooke and Bill get back together. Katie gets sent to International and makes a new life for herself and meets a worldly French man and Eric goes to NYC to visit Bridget and Logan and rekindles his romance with Jackie Marone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

So in today's Very Special Episode, Vinny - who gifted Steffy with pills hidden with a stuffed bear - told her to literally "chill." And gave her, well, chill pills.

Why Show!!?? Why!!???  Why can't we have nice things????? Why must you make Vinnie the bad guy drug dealer?  It's so damn obvious.  Why not make it the upright, upstanding Dr Finn Medicine Man????

Waaa. I'll be over here in the corner pouting about the ruin of my guy Vinnie and Veffy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Ugh, our Hulu went out right when Steffy was opening the box, so I have no idea what happened. Anyone want to recap highlights?

Steffy opened the box from Vinny (a present) to find a teddy bear with a bottle of painkillers (I counted roughly 6-8 pills) stashed beneath it in the gift box.

It comes with a note from Vinny, explaining that he heard she was out (of pills obviously) and that no one should be in pain, especially her (so a bit of a crush?). She gets a text from Vinny a few minutes later, pills clutched in her hand while an oblivious Thomas is on the phone in the background. He tells her he thought he could help and she responds "they're illegal." 

That's when Vinny, hilariously, tells her to "chill." indicating the pills can be their secret.

Thomas approaches her and she keeps the pills tucked away.

And her face?

Steffy-stunned-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,59

Tells me her thought bubble is: "GTFO, Thomas so I can down my next pill. Preferably with a bottle or two of beer."

And while I'm annoyed at Vinny as, like others, I wanted it to be a reversal where the good doc was shady and her supplier and Vinny was the (anti-) hero, her taking these pills is all on her.

Le sigh.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Steffy opened the box from Vinny (a present) to find a teddy bear with a bottle of painkillers (I counted roughly 6-8 pills) stashed beneath it in the gift box.

It comes with a note from Vinny, explaining that he heard she was out (of pills obviously) and that no one should be in pain, especially her (so a bit of a crush?). She gets a text from Vinny a few minutes later, pills clutched in her hand while an oblivious Thomas is on the phone in the background. He tells her he thought he could help and she responds "they're illegal." 

That's when Vinny, hilariously, tells her to "chill." indicating the pills can be their secret.

Thomas approaches her and she keeps the pills tucked away.

And her face?

Steffy-stunned-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,59

Tells me her thought bubble is: "GTFO, Thomas so I can down my next pill. Preferably with a bottle or two of beer."

And while I'm annoyed at Vinny as, like others, I wanted it to be a reversal where the good doc was shady and her supplier and Vinny was the (anti-) hero, her taking these pills is all on her.

Le sigh.

Thank you, @CountryGirl! I feel like your recap is better than what was actually shown, but at least there was some movement. I'd like Vinny to have been the anti-hero, too, but at least he's still on the show. 

• Love 2

Hmm, don't know about Zoe keeping such close tabs on her boss' attendance. But then again, why wouldn't Steffy let her staff know what her schedule is? It's a wonder FC stays in operation given how lax the top staff are about showing up.

Someone needs to sit Flo and Liam down and explain to them how HIPAA rules work. Liam being Steffy's baby daddy doesn't entitle him to know any more about her health condition than whatever she chooses to tell him.

Ugh, Carter's wooing game is weak to the point of being laughable to me. I can't believe Zoe is even considering getting involved with that tool. He's never felt this way about a woman before? Wow, not seeing why his previous failures with women should induce a sense of obligation on Zoe's part. 😒

Vinny is a drug dealer all right. To hook a new customer, always give the first taste for free. But does Steffy even know what those pills really are? An unprescribed dose of Fentanyl could kill her pain and her too. 🤕

Whee, Liam's like "Wait, Dr. Finnegan, why are you all up in my toddler daughter's business? And how are you gonna be trying to date your patient? Hope warned me about you!"

Not sure I buy that Thomas doesn't know about those pills Vinny sent over.

Finn is looking nine kinds of shady to me. Liam better do some of his fancy computer wiz stuff and dig up the dirt on that guy before Steffy ends up an addict and Finn is pimping her out to pay off his med school bills. 🤔

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I find Thomas to be so horrible that I can easily imagine that he cloned or borrowed Vinny's phone and pretended to be him after bring the teddy bear/pills and saying that Vinny sent them. 

• Love 3

Vinny just happened to know that Stuffy is all out of painkillers and her doctor won’t renew her prescription.  I guess a little birdie, I mean Lurch, told him. Guess not. 

Carter, you haven’t felt this way about a woman ever or since Maya?  

How time flies. Kelly is already 4 years old. I guess the year is 2022, in B&B land. Wouldn’t that make Beth around 3 years old?  

What kind of doctor is Finn?  Does he have a specialty or is he like Nate, on Y&R, a doctor for “all seasons”?  Dr Finn, refer Stuffy to a specialist and than you can start dating her without violating doctor/patient ethics. 

• Love 1

I realize that Liam was once married to Steffy and has a child with her but what the hell was he doing going to her doctor’s office!? Ever heard of HIPPA? I even had to sign legal documents at our doctor’s office (my husband and I have the same doctor) before our doc was allowed to share any info with me about the hubs. And vice versa. Can’t these writers even pretend that they know anything about people, kids, real estate, business, medicine, time, traffic or anything at all? Geese. Liam, GO HOME to your wife and help her pick out some decent clothes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Vinny just happened to know that Stuffy is all out of painkillers and her doctor won’t renew her prescription.  I guess a little birdie, I mean Lurch, told him. Guess not. 

Carter, you haven’t felt this way about a woman ever or since Maya?  

How time flies. Kelly is already 4 years old. I guess the year is 2022, in B&B land. Wouldn’t that make Beth around 3 years old?  

What kind of doctor is Finn?  Does he have a specialty or is he like Nate, on Y&R, a doctor for “all seasons”?  Dr Finn, refer Stuffy to a specialist and than you can start dating her without violating doctor/patient ethics. 

I side-eye a lot of B&B stuff, but if it's turning the calendar up a year or 2, I'm down with that. 2020 can go away anytime, & never be spoken of again. Ever. 

I know Liam hates Quinn, rightfully so, but he needs to get her expertise in getting stuff done. She would already know Finn's address, his social, what coffee he drinks, & how often he's parked at Steffy's. 

• Love 6
On 9/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, I get why Quinn would want Brooke at a wedding between Ridge and Shauna but why would Ridge want that? Seems needlessly cruel unless he wants to punish her even more for the Bill thing.

Putting aside Ridge's pettiness, this show's always been like this. Stephanie had front row seats to Brooke and Eric's wedding and Ridge was the frigging best man! O_o

I also remember all of Nick's ex-wives and girlfriends being in attendance at his last wedding to Bridget, but that's to be expected when three of the four are her mother, her aunt and her half-sister. 😐

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I realize that Liam was once married to Steffy and has a child with her but what the hell was he doing going to her doctor’s office!? Ever heard of HIPPA?

This whole Liam/Finn stuff has shades of the Nick Newman/Adam bullshit written all over it, where Nick was in the right to be suspect of Adam for switching his daughter but was just soooooo obnoxious about it that he pissed me off more than the other asshole because it was very obviously more about losing Sharon than anything to do with the kid.

And let's be honest, Liam only plays the white hat when it suits him, but he was fine to let Sally and Thomas get fucked over when he was still married to Steffy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So today, we have Zoe and her awful hairdo expressing regret for her part in the Beth secret. 

And we haven't heard a peep about that from Felony since she donated a kidney to erase (in her mind) her actions.

Elsewhere, Thomas is calling Liam out on his verbal attempts to piss on Steffy's leg.

giphy.gif

Thomas's response to all of Liam's sputtering about Dr. Finn:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

He adds that Liam has no say in Steffy's life, including whom she chooses as her doctor. 

If these two were cats, this is how this conversation would go:

tenor.gif

Psst - Thomas is the cat on the left.

When a psycho reads you for the trifling waffle that you are, you're a trifling waffle. 

Say you want about Thomas, but no one can accuse him of not being singularly focused on his women.

Dr. Finn drops by Steffy to share that he can no longer be a doctor because he has feelings and 10 seconds later, Steffy is kissing him (well, his stand-in). 

200.gif

But, of course TPTB are doing their add water and insta-relationship trope.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I thought Thomas was a brand new man who knows what he did to Zoe and Hope and Douglas was just awful. Then he immediately today tells Liam that he has no right to worry about Steffy because he should have stayed at her house with her and their daughter instead of being with Hope. For about the 11,000 time. How does this show how much Tom has changed? He’s the same sanctimonious know it all he ever was.

• Love 8

The only thing brand new about Thomas is the beard.  His obsession with Hope is the same as it ever was.  He's going to stir the pot and try to break Lope up.  Attempt # 4397.

I totally believe he's capable of pretending to be Vinnie, giving Steffy more pills, getting her good and hooked, then playing on Liam that it's All. His. Fault. That.  Steffy.  Is. An. Addict. Because. Liam. Left. Her. Took. Beth. Married. Hope. And.  Steffy. Is. ALONE. And. In. PAIN. And. It's. ALL LIAM's. FAULT.

Then maybe, just maybe Show can send Vinnie to rescue Steffy when he finds out what Thomas is up to.  Vinnie did call Tommy-boy out for using Douglas to get Hope.  He even called him out at the ThomZoe not-wedding.

Please Show, please,  Pretty please. Don't make Vinnie Steffy's dealer. Please let us have nice things for once.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

@La di Diva, I like the twist that a seemingly oblivious Thomas is pretending to be Vinny and not giving any fucks about getting his sister addicted if he can achieve the end goal - breaking up Lope so he can have another go at the football (Hope). After all, he did arrange with Vinny to give Liam some molly to get Steamless to bang so...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6