Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Finn stays letting himself into Steffy's house. Why does she leave her door unlocked like that? Seems unsafe to me.

Wow, Zoe feels special because Carter dared to be seen dining in public with her. The bar is set really low for Carter, huh? I hate that women on this show have to be overly appreciative for treatment that should be expected because it's basic decency.

Not only does Finn let himself in, he just swans around Steffy's house like he owns the place. Yeah, I'm giving him a solid side-eye.

Zoe's forgiven just like Flo? Meh, Flo's not completely forgiven, Carter. I think if she were Wyatt would've married her by now, or at least proposed.

Thomas was defending Finn awfully hard. Hmmm. Also, I don't know about this look he's now sporting with his facial hair. Half the time when I look at him I think he might be a descendant of Rasputin. 😼

OMG, Finn was looking at Steffy all sketchy like he wants to ask her out but he doesn't want her to know that he's got three women pregnant, he's maxed out all his credit cards, hasn't paid his taxes in five years, and he's been wearing the same underwear for a week. That guy is SHADY!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Carter, wipe the drool off your face and stop trying so hard to impress Zoey. 

What is Lurch doing at CF and why is sitting in the CEO office?  For that matter, why is Liam even talking to him?  So now Finn is a world class doctor who saved his sister’s life. Yes, Lurch, maybe he’s a world class doctor but if he was that world class, he would insist that she should have additional tests now that her pain was that bad for an extended period of time.  Stuffy, cardinal rule, do not lie to your doctor!  Oh, Finn is not her doctor anymore.  It’s a miracle, one kiss from the good doctor and Stuffy is cured. 

I can’t tell you how much I deplore Lurch. He’s such an arrogant self-centered fuck up. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

When a psycho reads you for the trifling waffle that you are, you're a trifling waffle. 

I think everyone and their mother has read Liam for the waffle he is--Ridge, Eric, Bill, Quinn, Brooke. Even Taylor had two seconds of clarity after Italy to tell Steffy not to make her mistakes she made with Ridge before going back to "Go get him" when Lope's wedding was invalid. Steffy and Hope both have chewed his ass out.

And I thought Brooke used to skate off easy on her bullshit in the early 2000s. Nothing ever sticks to Liam and everyone forgives him. I have no idea why.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2020 at 11:05 AM, Anna Yolei said:

My person fave moment of hilarity was the time Deacon deflowered Bridget and her entire family listened in, screaming and wailing like he'd murdered the family dog 🤣

this happened less than a year before Hope was born, BTW 🥴

Okay, Anna.  That was the craziest thing I've ever seen on this show.  I was on a binge a few weeks ago watching stories I had never seen (lots of Stephanie, Brooke, Ridge & Nick).  I don't know why Deacon (well, AJQ of GH lol) was so notoriously bad, but this one takes the cake.

Would that phone really stay connected submerged in water? 🙉

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

Would that phone really stay connected submerged in water? 🙉

I don't know! 😂 This was in 2001 and landlines would still stick around for maybe another five yrs, but that amount of water couldn't have been good for the phone either way

• LOL 1

Will someone, anyone please kill Tom once and for all? I’ve never seen anyone on any soap opera as sanctimonious, clueless and snotty as Thomas Forrester. I can’t believe that Liam didn’t punch his lights out. And Ridge? Why didn’t you punch your worthless son’s lights out after you told him to stop and he just rolled over you? I really can’t with this show. The plots are brainless and the actors are just ......sad. 

• Love 4

Why is Liam even waisting his time talking to dumb and dumber. Liam might as well use his head to drive nails.  Liam is wrong to worry about Stuffy and he does sound jealous but it gives Lurch the opportunity to be even more smug.  Lurch is right about Liam and his waffling but given how much I detest Lurch, Liam is a saint for spreading his seed among Stuffy and Hope. But to call a spade a spade, Ridge’s and Brooke’s favorite restaurant is the Waffle House. 

Ethics be damned. Dr Finn is casting his fate to the wind by remaining her doctor which Stuffy doesn’t really need anymore. Dr Finn is not a GP and she’s basically cured because as they hugged and kissed Stuffy didn’t wince at all.  Is seeing Dr Finn without his stethoscope an euphemism?  Is Stuffy going to ask Dr Finn to use his “thermometer” to take her temperature rectally?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Man, Thomas went savage on Liam! 🐅🐆🦍🦏🦕🦈🐉🐲

Steffy kisses Finn one time and he practically loses his ability to speak. Has he never been kissed before? Wow, I think my eyes just rolled out of my head and are making a break for the freeway.

But how does Thomas think he can talk any kind of trash to Liam's face given the whole Beth, Hope, and Douglas mess? His defending Finn so hard seems odd to me.

Shut up, Ridge. No parent is more oblivious to his children's situations than you. Finn could be pimping Steffy out on Hollywood Blvd. before you'd see a problem.

Why is Finn being Steffy's doctor still even an issue? He shouldn't be her doctor because she's no longer in the ER or the ICU or wherever he works. There's no medical specialty called "Live Nearby," is there?

I don't get Steffy's behavior unless she truly is interested in Finn. If she's got Vinny as her painkiller source now she doesn't need to be trying to work Finn anymore.

Guess Thomas forgot about the part where his own daddy bounced back and forth between two women too, even though he had kids with Taylor first. And Ridge didn't have crap to say while Tom was throwing all that at Liam, did he? 🤨

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Angeleyes said:

I think Lurch is playing a long game and trying to seek revenge on Steffy, Liam, and Hope so that he can ultimately slide into the CEO spot and maybe back into Hope’s life. 

I do so hope you are wrong. Please, please send Tom in to outer space. Or anywhere else. This actor must be really talented because I want to slap him into next Tuesday every time I see his lying face!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Will someone, anyone please kill Tom once and for all? I’ve never seen anyone on any soap opera as sanctimonious, clueless and snotty as Thomas Forrester. I can’t believe that Liam didn’t punch his lights out. And Ridge? Why didn’t you punch your worthless son’s lights out after you told him to stop and he just rolled over you? I really can’t with this show. The plots are brainless and the actors are just ......sad. 

What a surprise, the King of the Waffling Douchebags Club was all too willing to jump on the bash Liam bandwagon. And if it was anyone else reading Liam for filth, Thomas included, I'd be fine and dandy. But not this greasy ass-clown, who has been serving up piping-hot waffles since 1987.

EiJizsyUwAASzwp?format=jpg&name=900x900

And this meme is cracking me up:

EiMP7GYWsAAE7t2?format=jpg&name=900x900

Elsewhere, I do have to give a tiny bit of kudos to show for Steffy's stand-in. If I hadn't known ahead of time, I would have thought that was JMW vs Kayla Ewell, wife of Tanner Novlan (Finn). And fun fact: Kayla played Caitlin Ramirez (who dated Thomas and Rick) several years ago on B&B. 

I'll bet they enjoyed that scene. It's the most animated I've seen Finn since his debut.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

And this meme is cracking me up:

EiMP7GYWsAAE7t2?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wait, which Robert Palmer is this, the Addicted to Love one or the I Didn't Mean to Turn You On one? Because...one of those ain't gonna work for me. Just sayin', TK.

I think Lurch is playing a long game and trying to seek revenge on Steffy, Liam, and Hope so that he can ultimately slide into the CEO spot and maybe back into Hope’s life. 

Yeah, it's slowly starting to look that way. I'm just wondering what Vinny and Finn's roles are in this plan. Do they know they're being used or are they in on it?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

When was Thomas reinstated at FC? 

Since I was expecting Kayla Ewell, I could immediately tell it was her. One of the soap rags sent out a teaser about two weeks ago that said, "Kayla Ewell returns to B&B playing Steffy." Of course, beyond hope, I read the article and learned that KE was going to be JMW's body double, etc. 

Watching the flirtation scenes between Finn and Steffy is almost as painful as watching Zoey and Carter. Talk about two couples with zero chemistry, 

I didn't mind Thomas dragging Liam for being a waffle, only it would have been more effective coming from Steffy or Hope. Sometimes, I think Liam is such as jackass, especially when his only response was, "It's complicated." What a chickenshit answer.

And yeah, Sludge can take several seats for having the audacity to chime in on that one.

• Love 4

I had a thought when watching Steffy tongue-wrestle Finn. Is Finn the first non-Spencer man she's so much as kissed (on-screen, not counting her time in Europe) in a decade? I'm only remembering $Bill, Liam, & Wyatt. I honestly can't remember anyone without the last name "Spencer", in a decade. 

I actually think JMW looks more alive with Finn. She's probably SO excited to be doing something besides the TOD II.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I do have to agree that JMW had a sparkle and glow that we haven't seen for quite some time. Made me wonder who else was in the room that she was playing to. I also noticed that Steffy wasn't gimping around and groaning in front of Finn and I would think that being in a close embrace would cause tremendous pain in her ribs and back. So either JMW momentarily stepped out of character or Steffy really isn't in that much pain and is faking it to get more pain pills to heal her emotional pain. Every time she starts in on her "poor me, abandoned single mother," one word pops in my mind, "gondola." I don't feel one bit sorry for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I laughed out loud today when Steffy and Finn were allegedly standing one foot away from each other while they talked. Finn seemed to be looking at Steffy but she was so totally looking over his head! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

And the Very Special Episode kicks it up a notch with this:

EiOAOQcVgAM7Epl?format=jpg&name=small

EiOAPolUcAAi2EJ?format=jpg&name=small

Cue dramatic hamster.

tenor.gif

Also, I died laughing when Steffy looked at the Steamless portrait and immediately winced with pain.

I dunno...maybe try TAKING IT DOWN! 

Elsewhere, I can't help thinking of wasted potential as Hott finally has a scene together. And dare I say, Hope always looks beautiful - hair and clothing - when she's with Wyatt vs the boho-not-so-chic Mrs. Roper crap she normally wears.

EiN7NzrWsAgvY0S?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wyatt looked pretty snazzy, too.

EiN7KXJX0AAmglQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Love 2

Thomas and Ridge can kick rocks. Thomas, how are you going to push Liam on Steffy in one scene and then rage at him to stay away from her in the next? They share a kid. He ain't going away.  And Ridge? You once again find yourself in a 'predicament' where you've treated Brooke like crap and find yourself married to another woman - who you are leading on. You're an ass as well.

While I'd hate Liam to lose his firstborn, now that he has Beth, I'm down with Kelly being revealed as Bill's so that he's no longer tied to Steffy and Ridge and Thomas can deal with Bill being Steffy's baby daddy. Ridge's ass would never become unclenched. Liam wouldn't have an excuse to waffle since he's no longer the father and can then focus exclusively on Beth.

I realize why Finn ain't doing it for me. He exists only as an extension to Steffy. Normally, new characters are brought on for the show and interact with the world at large and we see them in their world and have scenes where we get to know him. Finn had brief socially distanced scenes with Bill and Ridge but the main times we would see him would be when he popped in to see Steffy but we never saw him in his home, thinking about Steffy, talking on the phone to his mother as he makes dinner - something where we see him as his own independent person. Right now he's just Steffy's Ken doll/savior and it irks me that he's simply taking on the white knight role that Liam's abdicated with Steffy once again being saved by a man. Who cares about a first kiss when they haven't had a date? It's all been him administering to her as her physician and her trying to score drugs and sympathy off him. I get we're all sick of Steam but this alternative isn't as good as the show is trying to make them seem.

Ack, Vinny getting the asshole edit. Dude is not even on screen and he's getting crappy treatment pushing drugs on Steffy via a teddy bear. Thomas is going to kick his ass -and rightfully so for using him as a mule- but then Thomas should kick his own ass. Vinny is in Steffy's life because of him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm so over COVID restrictions. I feel like it's starting to really hinder stuff on-screen. First, I feel like basically all the actors are stiff, and no one has chemistry with anyone. I know Tanner mentioned around the time he started that it's so strict that if he leaves a pen on set, he has to be the one to go back and get it. Someone can't even touch a pen he's touched. It makes me think that the actors are so focused on being so far apart and probably being sure to not touch something that another actor might need to touch when they move around in scenes (I feel like I notice more random moving of positions in scenes, probably an attempt to gives us a more normal feel), that the lines are secondary, and any natural rhythm or spontaneity they may have ever had before is practically non-existent. 

I feel like that's really why I'm feeling nothing from Dr. Finn. I don't think Tanner Novlan is a great actor or anything, but I feel bad for the guy that he's thrust into the show in a new character, being inserted into a love story with a super popular character who has been in a never ending triangle for over a decade, and had no chance to get comfortable with any of this stuff in some normal way. He never had the chance to get comfortable with his character or Jacqueline outside of these restrictions, and I can't imagine that's an easy thing. 

And, it's not just him I see it with. I feel like I'm seeing it in basically all of the actors, because they're so restricted in what they can do, that it's either a lot of over-acting or under-acting as they try to find some balance, and then I think the storytelling has been even worse since coming back, because I'm sure the distance requirements eliminate a lot of scene options. Can't have big group scenes. Can't really have restaurant/dinner scenes. None of the kids are in scenes. Heck, they can't even have one character let the other into their house due to social distancing rules, so they keep coming up with clunky lines to justify it. And that's only what I think of off the top of my head. I get the COVID restrictions and I appreciate them, but I also miss normalcy, in more things than just soaps. 

Edited by NetflixandChill
  • Love 10

I think that the “over acting” award goes to Liam. What the hell is he trying to do running all over town talking about S and her doctor. Talk to her and then just watch her to make sure she’s ok. You are way over the top with this “But He’s Her Doctor!!!!!. Give it a rest, Liam. Please go home to Hope and what’s-her-face.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I think that the “over acting” award goes to Liam. What the hell is he trying to do running all over town talking about S and her doctor. Talk to her and then just watch her to make sure she’s ok. You are way over the top with this “But He’s Her Doctor!!!!!. Give it a rest, Liam. Please go home to Hope and what’s-her-face.

As with Ridge, they refuse to let Liam grow or change and instead choose to keep him completely oblivious to his issues and things he needs to work on in his life. Ridge is damn near 60 and still 'accidentally' ending up married to other women and flying off the damn handle when he overhears conversations, running away to lick his wounds.

Liam should've laid his concerns out to Ridge, explained that he was supportive in whatever Steffy needed, but that his main concern is Kelly's well-being and left it at that. Ridge needs to keep him updated on what's going on but that if things are looking off, his priority is Kelly and he will do whatever is needed to protect his daughter. He could've then kicked Thomas in the nads on his way out of the office.

Soaps used to let couples be grown ups and not fall for this juvenile crap. On Another World back in the day -  Cass and Frankie were the supercouple with his old flame Camille always showing up to try to stir up stuff and Cass warm to her but done with his Cassanova ways and his heart with Frankie. One final time when Camille appeared in town she managed to get Cass in bed (think she drugged him) and he wakes up with Camille sprawled over him and his wife Frankie walking in on them (Camille having arranged it). The show had the cliffhanger of Frankie walking in on them and Cass horrified and claiming his innocence. When the show picked back up from the cliffhanger, Frankie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms with a laugh saying 'Yeah, I know you didn't cheat on me, Cass. Camille's being Camille again.'  The writers had Frankie act like a damn adult, laugh off the obvious set-up with Camille put in her place and Cass not having to explain himself with the audience treated to the same tired 'misunderstanding' crap.  The writers thankfully, let them have moved past that and be an actual adult couple.

I wish B&B would do the same. You have loads of story potential with Lope and Sinn and Bridge and Brauna without having them act like immature, overreacting dinks.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Soaps used to let couples be grown ups and not fall for this juvenile crap.

Hell, even B&B seemed to be headed in that direction in the early 2000s: Ridge was happily married to Taylor with their kids, Brooke was with Thorne and Bridge had storylines that didn't involve the other half. It was great times.

But then they walked back on that and then once Hunter Tylo left, then BAM! Right back to Bridge 😞

20 hours ago, NetflixandChill said:

Can't have big group scenes. Can't really have restaurant/dinner scenes.

To be fair, when was the last time anyone went to a restaurant on this show? The Cafe Russe was shut down ten years ago on-screen but the most I can remember in recent years is maybe a dinner in someone's undersized-for-Malibu/Bel Air kitchen.

Nitpicking aside, it's rough. And like you said about Finn, he never had the chance to interact with the rest of the cast outside of the few hospital scenes with Bill and Ridge.

22 hours ago, nkotb said:

I had a thought when watching Steffy tongue-wrestle Finn. Is Finn the first non-Spencer man she's so much as kissed (on-screen, not counting her time in Europe) in a decade? I'm only remembering $Bill, Liam, & Wyatt. I honestly can't remember anyone without the last name "Spencer", in a decade. 

I actually think JMW looks more alive with Finn. She's probably SO excited to be doing something besides the TOD II.

All four of the non-Spencer men she's been with--or attempted to--were between late 2008 to 2010.

Which...........yikes, that's fucking sad.

• Love 2

Is Finn that big of a fool or is he just playing along with Steffy? Thing is though, as a doctor he should recognize if she starts exhibiting the usual sneakiness of an addict. (One thing I will say for Susan Lucci during Erica Kane's big pill addiction storyline: she had that antsy, absent-minded, need-a-fix-soon behavior down pat.)

Again, people just walking into someone's house! No knocking, no ringing the doorbell, no calling ahead. Just show up and barge right in.

Lol, nosy Hope got herself an eyeful. She probably texted Brooke all about Steffy and Finn as soon as she got back in her car.

And then Thomas does it too! I can't with these people and their utter lack of boundaries. So rude. 🤨

Dr. McHandsome? Ehhhhh, no. Dr. McCute, maybe.

Whee, Hope ran straight to Liam at work to spill the beans about Steffy's new boyfriend. How old is she, 12? She might want to be careful about stirring up Liam's jealousy though. He's already got Thomas working on him.

Steffy better find a safer place to keep those pills or there could be a tragedy if Kelly gets ahold of them.

Oh, so Liam has to knock and ring the doorbell before entering Steffy's house. Or is he just the only one with good home training? 😑

did I hear correctly, did Hope leave a sleeping Kelly in the car, alone?!

Yep, she did. I don't know how hot it gets in LA in late summer, but where I live in the SW you're definitely not going to do that, even with the AC running. I think in some states you can get cited if someone calls the cops. Whatever, I get that they can't have the child actors on set now but maybe they could've written it that Donna or Brooke stayed the car with Kelly.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Steffy better find a safer place to keep those pills or there could be a tragedy if Kelly gets ahold of them.😑

Never say never but it would be highly unlikely that Bell would have his leading lady heroine be in any way culpable in the accidental poisoning of her child. ER had the balls to have Mark Greene’s daughter Rachel be responsible for her sister Ella’s poisoning (she found a tab in her sister’s backpack and ate it thinking it was candy). Mark had to balance his own anger with his daughter’s anguish and Ella’s mother’s rage. It was a great storyline.

But on B&B?  While accidental and relatable (accidental poisonings do happen) I just don’t see them going there even though it would be a compelling  extension of Steffy’s drug addiction and insistence of doing things her way/alone - although that also sends a not positive message of Steffy becoming a sloppy addict and her Wonder Woman image being busted. I could see Finn seeing Kelly with the bottle of pills and snatching them from her in time since he’s getting the white knight hero edit with him confronting Steffy to give their ‘relationship’ some angst. She’d beg him not to tell anybody because she knows Liam and Hope want to ‘kidnap’ Kelly and he’ll relent because he ‘believes in her’. Then something else will happen, Liam will find out they kept this from him and he’d have every right to be incensed but everyone would say he’s overreacting because ‘nothing happened in the end’.

And even now that we see that Steffy has an issue and needs to get herself together, what do you want to bet that Thomas and Ridge vilify him, blame him for Strffy’s Issues and try to fight him for custody? What do you want to bet Bill would side against Liam saying he was being cruel? Or Katie tsk tsking to Hope that they both know what it’s like to have a child taken from them and that Liam has crossed a line? Liam has done a lot of shady, obliviously cruel crap, but Steffy is no shrinking violet that he took advantage of and she’s supposedly a strong, fierce, together enough woman that she should be owning her part in the toxic Steam relationship. Instead it’s all Liam’s fault that she couldn’t drop his waffling ass years ago.

I really wish that when Thomas was ranting to Liam about how if he had chosen years ago that everyone would’ve been better off and Liam had looked from Thomas to Ridge and said ‘Are we still talking about me or your childhood with your father?’ Because while Liam has been shady with Hope/Steffy, it’s exactly the shit Thomas feels Ridge did with his mother and Brooke. It seems to me Liam’s triggered Thomas and Liam is the safer target to unleash his repressed anger at Ridge to the point of threatening to destroy him and stand over his grave- which a part of Thomas may want to do to Ridge but can’t/won’t admit it. Thomas doesn’t want to see what happened to his mother happen to his sister, but his rage at Liam seems way disproportionate unless you factor in that this rage is also about Ridge.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

really wish that when Thomas was ranting to Liam about how if he had chosen years ago that everyone would’ve been better off and Liam had looked from Thomas to Ridge and said ‘Are we still talking about me or your childhood with your father?’ Because while Liam has been shady with Hope/Steffy, it’s exactly the shit Thomas feels Ridge did with his mother and Brooke. It seems to me Liam’s triggered Thomas and Liam is the safer target to unleash his repressed anger at Ridge to the point of threatening to destroy him and stand over his grave- which a part of Thomas may want to do to Ridge but can’t/won’t admit it. Thomas doesn’t want to see what happened to his mother happen to his sister, but his rage at Liam seems way disproportionate unless you factor in that this rage is also about Ridge.

That hits on why this show frustrates me. They have history to pull from on character motivations, but they rarely do. Rick went well overboard on his anger towards Ridge but it makes sense that he had some anger towards the guy. They devoted at least two full seasons to that manpain yet tapdanced around Hope's paternity secret. By her own admission, Bridget struggled to accept Hope as her sister and that was something I waited YEARS to see paid off. 

And....nothing. I've told the story about leaving for basic training the day Hope heard the secret and I was disappointed that it had all apparently wrapped up faster than I completed Indoc Week once I got caught up. ATWT had a somewhat similar story when Alison learned her sister was her bio-mom via surrogacy and she...did not take it well. She had a rebellious phase, even showing up in goth clothing to Emily and Hal's wedding...which is silly, but that still more inconvenience than Hope ever caused Brooke for *fucking her sister's husband*.

Getting back to the point, that would be compelling motivation....y'know, in 2012 before aiding a kidnapping and taking advantage of a drugged woman and lying for his shitty grandmother (which he fessed up to, to his credit, but...). Short of PF reprising the role, I'm over and done giving a shit for any redemption tour for this character. Scrap him, ship him to Paris and bring back RJ. He was a dumb little twerp, but he was mostly harmless.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

but Steffy is no shrinking violet that he took advantage of and she’s supposedly a strong, fierce, together enough woman that she should be owning her part in the toxic Steam relationship. Instead it’s all Liam’s fault that she couldn’t drop his waffling ass years ago.

This, this and this. At the risk of having my head chopped off is it just me or nowadays ( IRL & on T.V) that "powerful" women become helpless af when its their time to be held accountable/responsible for something? (I'm a girl btw) Can someone riddle me that? lol 

Like here Brooke is (supposedly) this weak, vicious, self-serving, witch. But she's held accountable (at least lately I know not always), and Steffy( let's throw Quinn in too) is this bad ass queen bitch but she's not really held accountable and her pain is always factored in with her mistakes or she doesn't even make mistakes anymore. She simply reacts to whatever treachery the Logans+ Liam cooks up. I'm rambling I doubt this makes sense lmao... 

12 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I really wish that when Thomas was ranting to Liam about how if he had chosen years ago that everyone would’ve been better off and Liam had looked from Thomas to Ridge and said ‘Are we still talking about me or your childhood with your father?’ Because while Liam has been shady with Hope/Steffy, it’s exactly the shit Thomas feels Ridge did with his mother and Brooke. It seems to me Liam’s triggered Thomas and Liam is the safer target to unleash his repressed anger at Ridge to the point of threatening to destroy him and stand over his grave- which a part of Thomas may want to do to Ridge but can’t/won’t admit it. Thomas doesn’t want to see what happened to his mother happen to his sister, but his rage at Liam seems way disproportionate unless you factor in that this rage is also about Ridge.

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That hits on why this show frustrates me. They have history to pull from on character motivations, but they rarely do.

Liam really missed the opportunity to throw that shit in Tomass' face. I don't know why Steffy and Tomass have been allowed to run around with their mommy/daddy wound for so many years. All that unchecked anger and entitlement being aimed at the wrong people. But with all that said it is still fun to see Liam get dragged. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

All that unchecked anger and entitlement being aimed at the wrong people. But with all that said it is still fun to see Liam get dragged. 

I want equal opportunity dragging. Liam's been attacked by Quinn (repeatedly), Eric, and Thomas (repeatedly). Even Katie and Bill have been allowed to call him out when he was feeling himself when he and Steffy were 'ruling' FC.

I want someone to tell Hope and Steffy and Quinn about themselves to a degree that it sticks as well and it not just be dismissed.  Ivy and Aly got some licks in on Steffy but we see where they ended up. Bill backtracked on Brooke and has been under her spell for years.

Ridge has Bill and sometimes Eric able to knock him down a peg, but I'd like Liam to be able to say to Ridge 'You've been playing this game of juggling women longer than I have and still breaking Brooke's heart even today. Your son is such a psycho he abused his own son to try to win over Hope while keeping her own child away from her. You and Thomas don't get to say shit to me about how I love my two baby mamas or how I parent my kids or comment on anything about my life when both of yours are a hot mess. You, sir, and your son can both f(*& off and die.'

Can he say that? Just once? Can Liam bite back with some sharp teeth to make Ridge and Thomas take a step back to think 'Oh so he's not just a little bitch, huh?'

12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Short of PF reprising the role, I'm over and done giving a shit for any redemption tour for this character. Scrap him, ship him to Paris and bring back RJ. He was a dumb little twerp, but he was mostly harmless.

At this point, I'd trade Thomas for RJ in a heartbeat as long as he brings his boyfriend back from college/boarding school with him and Jack Marone finally makes his appearance so we can get some fresh next gen anxiety over Jack being Brooke's 'other son' and Ridge getting another burr in his butt over the appearance of his nephew who isn't too impressed with his jackass uncle.

• Love 9

Aren't Jack and RJ half-brothers through Brooke?

On another note, it's sad that the actor who plays Carter is now on contract.  Because he's terrible.  There's no way a man that handsome and chiseled should have been without love scenes on a soap opera for years.  But he's criminally dull, unengaging, slow and personality-free.  If you just look at him, though, (maybe with the sound off?) in close-ups, he's arguably the best looking guy on the show.  Unfortunately, given his distinct lack of talent and charisma, he's deservedly relegated to wedding officiant/ generic lawyer/ occasional confidant role.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Aren't Jack and RJ half-brothers through Brooke?

Yeah, they are. Sorry if the wording is confusing- I want RJ to come back from college/boarding school with a boyfriend. I also want Jack Marone to return all grown up and fine and not taking ish from his Uncle Ridge 🙂

• Love 4

I'm amazed Steffy still had furniture in her beach house after all the scenery chewing she did with Liam.

I did have to chuckle at her imitation of him, especially the whiny weasel face he and half-brother Wyatt make.

EidUZ9_UcAArqo_?format=jpg&name=900x900

And she had him dead to rights here:

Liam: "You're the mother of my child."

Steffy: "Yeah...one of them"

That having said, while normally I am here for Liam being read for the waffling motherfucker he is, all day, every day, not by this venom-spewing addict. Because let's face it, what Steffy is really mad about is (1) Liam woke her up from her drug-induced nap, (2) she needs to get high again, and (3) he's onto her being an addict. 

Kelly has no business being in Steffy's care right now. Anything could have happened while Steffy was passed out on the sofa.

Although speaking of Kelly, the pandemic is causing even more ridiculousness with Kelly supposedly being 4-years-old. The babyish toys and highchair lying around Casa Steffy would beg to differ.

Liam, you should have ripped that stupid-ass portrait off the wall while you were at it. Although I had to laugh at it taking him about 5 seconds to find them behind a couch pillow. She hid them about as well as the time she stuffed the paternity test results in her open purse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/15/2020 at 5:53 PM, Waldo13 said:

What kind of doctor is Finn?  Does he have a specialty or is he like Nate, on Y&R, a doctor for “all seasons”?  Dr Finn, refer Stuffy to a specialist and than you can start dating her without violating doctor/patient ethics. 

I think most doctors on soaps are every-doctor, just like how most lawyers are every-lawyer.  Carter is a Super Lawyer who does everything.  Taylor was a psychiatrist but I swear at some point she was also an oncologist.  Bridget was clearly an every-doctor, she did everything.  I want to say I thought Finn was an ER doc but apparently he too has become the show's every-doctor.  Speaking of Finn, I find it odd that they gave him the last name Finnegan when the actress Jennifer Finnegan had played Bridget for years.  Seems weird, are there really that few names in the world?

On 9/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Gam2 said:

Thomas should have been killed during his punk teen years when he was bedding Amber and setting cars on fire.  The only decent Thomas was the one that was with Sally.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, nkotb said:

She was with Gorillick.  That's what inspired the "Not gonna happen Rick" laughs from Ridge.  Was that 10 years ago?  Or close to 10 years ago?  Wow, I am getting old and the years are going by too quickly.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, Gam2 said:

I kind of agree... it's none of his business.  Like Hope said, there are other doctors and he won't be her doctor forever.  Why does he care so much?  It's obvious this is going to reignite the triangle/quadrangle/pentacle of satanic doom.  Since he "still cares".  What he really needs to do is to pee on her in front of Dr. Finn.  It's pretty much what he's saying, that she is still his property.

I think Jackie Wood should share in that overacting award.  She was laughably bad when she was slurring and stumbling and doing her best "I'm an ADDICTZ" impression.  I was waiting for her to bust out with "I'm STEFFY FORRESTER" which would have been a great callback to Taylor's bad drunk dancing in front of Hector when she declared that "I'M TAYLOR HAAAAYYYYESSS" and that nobody puts Baby in a corner.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Taylor was a psychiatrist but I swear at some point she was also an oncologist.  .

When she debuted, she was an oncologist. Caroline I's oncologist to be exact.

Who thought it was perfectly ethical to move in on her patient's grieving husband. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'd like Liam to be able to say to Ridge 'You've been playing this game of juggling women longer than I have and still breaking Brooke's heart even today. Your son is such a psycho he abused his own son to try to win over Hope while keeping her own child away from her. You and Thomas don't get to say shit to me about how I love my two baby mamas or how I parent my kids or comment on anything about my life when both of yours are a hot mess. You, sir, and your son can both f(*& off and die.'

giphy.gif

I know he couldn't say anything close to the profanity part but I'd pay cash money for Liam to say this. Why does he always have to be their whipping  boy?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Liam, when you find an unconscious person who seems barely able to wake up you might want to consider calling 9-1-1 instead of yelling at them.

Given everything that's happened, I'm not seeing how or why Hope thinks it's a good idea to be discussing Steffy and Liam with Thomas.

So either Steffy took too many pills, or she washed them down with booze, or they're not the prescription dosage, or they're a handmade street drug that's been cut with rat poison or something. Feh, this storyline has more holes than swiss cheese. Even an afterschool special would likely be more grounded in reality than this.

Bill has a spray tan? Yeah, no, Tommy Choo Choo. You should only hope to look that hot when you're his age. $Bill don't need no stinkin' spray tan.

Thomas, Liam has a child with Steffy. Staying away from her is not an option unless they want to cause problems for Kelly when she gets older. And you know that because your child is your excuse to stay in Hope's orbit.

Hope is really counting on Finn sweeping Steffy off her feet, huh? (And away from Liam.) Nah, she doesn't sound insecure to me at all. 😉

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Hope is actually giving Lurch the time of day and actually is taking to him as a friend because she should only be talking to him as Douglas’s father. 

Liam is an idiot but he knows Stuffy well enough to know when she is acting squirrelly.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Liam, when you find an unconscious person who seems barely able to wake up you might want to consider calling 9-1-1 instead of yelling at them.

Steam is back to where they began- Liam checking on Steffy and breaking down a door to save an unconscious Steffy. Only this time Steffy’s rejecting her white knight. Oh, how different things would be if she had rejected him the first time.

Liam, the next time you find a passed out Steffy, leave her be. Step around her prone body like Jack did to Victor on Y&R and Tracy did to her father on GH and let nature take its course since neither Steffy nor her family appreciate your ‘interference’. I kid. Mostly. At least make sure she’s breathing and not laying on her back. But then pack up all Kelly’s stuff and keep her at your place. When Steffy (if she wakes up) or Ridge or Thomas begin their tirade on you kidnapping Kelly, remind them that a) you’re Kelly’s father and did not kidnap her and did not commit custodial interference b) given that Steffy was passed out on the couch and couldn’t be roused he felt it was better to keep Kelly with him rather than leave her with her drugged out mother. 

Hope entertaining Thomas for anything beyond issues with Douglas is insane. She deserves whatever hell he brings her if she’s dumb enough to think he’s that reformed or worthy of unguarded interaction. This is when we need Deacon because I think he’d handle Thomas without missing a beat for what he’s done to Hope. 

• Love 11

Crazy times last week, so I am just getting caught up. 

Wow, Steffy goes from 0 to 100 awfully fast, and girlfriend wasn't laying rubber out on the street, but right on Dr. Finn's mouth. 

For some reason I am having trouble focusing on anything in Liam's scenes except his beefed up arms and the puffy hair. 

Watching Thomas read Liam for being a waffle, while the King Eggo, his own very special dad, stood behind him was rich. Maybe it was just me, but I felt a lot of double entendres in Thomas's words. Ridge's squinty eyes at the end of Thomas's diatribe led me to believe that maybe he had caught a clue in Thomas's words about "let her go so she can find some happiness". But since we still don't know if Ridge has decided whether Brooke or Shauna's feelings/desires matter more, we will have to wait and see.

I like the new look on Thomas, who also looks a little beefed up, and I generally don't like facial hair. 

@La di Diva, I feel your Vinnie pain. It appears they are going to take the expected, less entertaining route of Vinnie being Steffy's dealer. But we can always hold out hope that Show is tricking us. As others have speculated; Thomas could be working some diabolical plan. Thomas has been all over the place. His "concerned" brotherly visits to Steffy have turned into attempts to upset her about not having Liam in her life. Then he tells Liam to back off, and let Steffy move on with the good Dr. Next stop is Hope's place. I think he put those pills in that box. He wants Steffy to be acting this way, he wants Liam to find her zonked out while she has Kelly. Thomas knows that Liam will go into hero/protector mode, which could re-ignite his dormant feelings for Steffy, and of course Liam taking charge of Steffy's life would have a negative impact on his relationship with Hope. Thomas knows he already has Liam stoked up about Dr. Finn, which sent Liam racing over to protect/talk to Steffy. What I suspect dream, is that Thomas decides to give Steffy the pills and let her think it was Vinnie. But Thomas doesn't know that Vinnie doesn't care what bottle he puts his stash in; he knows what they are and the bottles are labeled from the original scripts, so that bottle might say Valium, but it could be Oxy. The bottle might be Oxy, and say Morphine and so on. Also, when Steffy was texting with Vinnie (really Thomas), he said no worries, the same thing you are getting from your doctor. But Thomas couldn't know that, and it might be the same type of pill, but it could be a much stronger dosage. And Thomas's hands will be clean. He just delivered Vinnie's present. And Vinnie can deny it till dooms day, but he has a history now of sending Steffy gifts, and a little digging by Lt. Sanchez will surely reveal Vinnie's occupation. So who are they going to believe? Vinnie, a drug dealer, or Thomas Forrester, son of the great Ridge Forrester, and part of the Forrester Empire? I know it is a stretch, especially given Steffy and Vinnie were communicating, but I say it doesn't matter. If they can reanimate Taylor twice, they can come up with some explanation for fake text messages. 

But, it looks like no matter who gave her the pills; Steffy's secret is out. Personally, I think those were the best scenes ever between Steffy and Liam. I will take anger based on something tangible and real, like Liam being frightened for his daughter, over fake happiness with dollar store parachute men and truffle fries. 

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Ah @CountryGirl; you watch Guy too!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, blackwing said:

She was with Gorillick.  That's what inspired the "Not gonna happen Rick" laughs from Ridge.  Was that 10 years ago? 

Spring 2009, to be exact. This waaaaay early in JMW's tenure on the show.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

Show was pretty good today, especially the showdown between Liam and Steffy, so I'll throw out a recap:

First, let's talk about Thomas and Hope at the cabin, which, don't get me started.

Although I am momentarily distracted by the gun show on display today.

Eiiw6-fXYAITJsh?format=jpg&name=900x900

There's some chit-chat about Douglas' baseball skills but Thomas, who can suss out trouble like no one else's business, notices Hope is distracted and checking her phone, and asks the obvious: "Is something wrong?"

Hope tries to shrug it off, but shark-smelling-blood-in-the-water doesn't buy it and she reveals she's surprised Liam isn't back from Steffy's already.

Thomas pulls a face, sharing he's not thrilled with Liam being over there in the first  place.

Hope: "Steffy hasn't been herself lately." The understatement of the year.

Thomas: "I know she's still in pain, but I'm happy she's off her meds." But she's not and I'm starting to sense something arot in Thomas-land here.

Hope: "He'd be back by now if everything was fine."

Thomas calls out Liam's Captain Save-a-Ho complex or, as he puts it, his propensity to save damsels in distress.

Hope is quick to scoff at Steffy being a damsel or in distress. 

There's a bit of discussion about Finn and Liam hate-on for the good doctor and Hope dismisses Thomas' hints about Liam being jealous.

Later, Thomas is outside with Douglas (not that we see that or anything) and Hope flashes to her relationship with Liam and if that isn't a sign that she's headed for some potential heartbreak, I don't know what is.

Thomas comes back inside and tells Hope he's sorry for making things weird. You just being in the same room with the woman you gaslit and tried to kidnap has already accomplished that.

Thomas: "I just think Liam needs to back away from Steffy." 

Hope: "He's just concerned about Steffy and Kelly."

Thomas counters: "Liam has a problem with any man showing interest in her." He tells her that he and Ridge are keeping an eye out and then, he adds, that even Vinny is sending her gifts. He chalks it up to a crush on Vinny's part but it does not go unnoticed by me that he knows exactly what Vinny sent. I'm smelling a rat named Thom-ass. 

Thomas insist Liam needs to let it go and let Steffy move on.

Later, it's Hope's turn to be outside with Douglas and we see Thomas' flashbacks of Hope and yep, still a psycho.

Hope comes back in and remarks that it's sweet for Vinny to be sending Steffy gifts.

They resume their previous conversation about Liam going over to Steffy's house, with Thomas clearly angling for a crack in the Lope marriage.

Hope: "I'm not insecure or concerned. Everything is going to go back to normal once Steffy's herself again."

About that, Hope...

At the beach house, Liam is full-on shouting at Steffy about the pills and sneaking around and pretending she's no longer taking them.

Steffy: "You have no right to go through my things!" He's Kelly's father and you're lying through your teeth, heifer, so yeah, he has the right.

Liam: "I still care about you and this isn't who you are." He asks how many she took and she tries to shrug that off as if her being passed out with their child in the next room is no big deal.

Liam is furious: "Stop lying to me and stop lying to yourself!" He shakes his head, adding "I've never seen you like this."

Steffy scoffs: "I was sleeping!" Cool story, sis. 

Liam knows better and calls her out on being passed out with Kelly in the house. He tries to get her to admit she's got a problem where the pills are concerned.

Steffy: "How DARE you?" She accuses him of bullying her, snitting that he's always trying to help her and mocking him. Funny how when his Captain Save-a-Ho complex doesn't benefit her she wants nothing to do with it. She even attempts to lie - badly - about taking any more pills.

Liam: "I know you're still taking the pills." And there's a bit of the After-School-Special speechifying about opioids and how dangerous they are and how they change people. "You are not the same person I know and love."

He takes a different approach then, when she remains silent, and rants about Dr. Finn, assuming he's the one who gave Steffy the pills because of their blurred lines relationship.

At that, Steffy finally admits to what he already knew the second he walked in the door - she took the pills. She snaps at him: "Are you satisfied now?"

She says she doesn't see the big deal with her taking more and also reveals Finn knows nothing about the pills. Which Liam leaves alone for now, oddly enough.

She then turns on the waterworks and eesh, not a good look.

Steffy-breaks-down-BB-CBS.jpg?w=1230

And I am hate the fright-wig streaks in her hair. No one would hair as pretty as Jacqui's natural hair should do that.

Anyway, she's crying now about how she's in pain and the OTC meds don't work. And tries to worm her way out of trouble by laying on the guilt trip, shrieking "You don't understand! You moved on and LEFT us." After you fucked his father and lied about it and the possibility that your unborn child might not be his. I'd have left your cheating, lying ass, too.

But she's not finished with the wailing and gnashing of teeth as she cries: "I'm alone! I'm alone!" 

So much for her wanting to be Miss Independent and not needing a man...uh huh. Fake as her weave.

When he doesn't immediately fall at her feet per his usual, she immediately turns angry, sputtering that Finn has been there for her and she demands that he leave.

But Liam is about to be cowed. He looks to the door where his innocent daughter is sleeping and then back at the addict in front of him.

Steffy, clearly unhinged because he isn't immediately kowtowing, shrieks for him to get out.

EiidccfX0AEgY3B?format=jpg&name=small

Liam, cold as ice: "I am leaving..but I'm taking our daughter with me."

And there it is...the real Steffy staring back at him with hatred in her eyes. You reap what you sow, honey.

Steffy-glare-Liam-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024

And a man that refuses to listen to bullshit and puts his child first...ain't a man pining away for his ex.

Andplusalso, Steffy is a grown up. Kelly is a kid. She comes first. Period. End of discussion.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

And a man that refuses to listen to bullshit and puts his child first...ain't a man pining away for his ex.

I sure hope so, bit this *is* Liam we're talking about.

Still, good for him for not waffling on this issue. If there's one time for him to grow a spine, this would be it. 

• Love 8

Lurch bashing Liam to Hope is idiotic. What is more idiotic is Hope actually listing. I got news for Lurch. Liam will be linked forever with Stuffy via Katie no matter what he says or does.  

How long before the intervention and Lurch blames Stuffy’s opioid abuse on Liam?  

By the way, Lurch is pining for Hope way more than Liam is pining for Stuffy. 

• Love 6

Hope? Throw that piece of crap (Tomass) out of your house. You had the same conversation with him (although in different chairs/sofas) for the past 3 (?) days while your husband was verbally wrestling with Steffy. What grown woman has the name “Steffy”? Really? She’s not five years old. Get that woman into rehab, take Kelly back to that sad, dark cabin with 2 adults and now 3 kids and then go buy a huge house that can handle all of these people. Geesh. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Steffy: "You have no right to go through my things!" He's Kelly's father and you're lying through your teeth, heifer, so yeah, he has the right.

LMAO she tried that same defense when he found the paternity test in her purse. Girl, you’re committing the bigger offense! C’mon now.

4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

"You don't understand! You moved on and LEFT us." After you fucked his father and lied about it and the possibility that your unborn child might not be his. I'd have left your cheating, lying ass, too.

Understand, what? That after losing your first child in a motorcycle accident you decide to hop back on a bike to try to prove something to yourself when you have a supposedly beloved child that is dependent on her. No, you don’t live your live in fear, but you don’t take dumb risks for your ego. It doesn’t seem to compute for you that your actions have consequences and your actions are your own- Liam didn’t make you hump Bill or get on the bike- you chose to do it.

I like how Hope thinks it’s okay for Liam to come home to find Thom-ass in his home with the justification that he’s Douglas’ father while her face immediately cracks at the mere mention of Steffy when she’s Kelly’s mother. If Liam has to tread carefully at the mention of Steffy, why does he have to endure a man who loathes him in the home he’s squatting in? And how are you going to sit there and let this man talk about your husband that way unless part of you feels the same way? If Liam let Steffy talk like that about Hope in her home without shutting it down, he’d be eviscerated. Hope needs to make it clear to Thomas that he’s not to comment on her husband or her marriage and as soon as he starts show him the door.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

If Liam has to tread carefully at the mention of Steffy, why does he have to endure a man who loathes him in the home he’s squatting in? And how are you going to sit there and let this man talk about your husband that way unless part of you feels the same way?

Yeah. It has a whole lotta shades of the shit Steffy let Bill say about Liam shortly before her Midnight Stallion Ride. I'll say now what I said then: either shit or get off the pot. She knew what Liam was when he slipped a barely cooled ring on Steffy's finger--hers, specifically--and she's well on track to keep on repeating Brooke's mistakes. What even is the point of getting with Liam if she's still stuck on that history? If she can't get past it, fine, but be HONEST.

And regardless of all that, Hope shouldn't trust Tom-ass any further than she can throw him. He literally tried to burn Rick over far less and if she thinks he's forgiven anything, I have a farm in Mars to sell her.

• Love 6

Good. Ness. Thomas' arms. Does he have a side gig as a professional wrestler?: Tommy 'Double-Barreled' Forrester. He'll hit you with both guns!

Hope said she was setting a timer for how long Douglas could be playing outside. Do people actually do that with their kids? Seems a bit helicopter mommy to me.

It's almost sad how easily Thomas still messes with Hope's head.

Liam, nagging and yelling at an addict is not the way you want to go. But I'll give you half a pass because you probably don't really know how to deal with it.

Wah,wah, wah, Steffy. You could've consulted a pain specialist weeks ago. And your being alone is not Liam's fault. You're a rich, attractive, young heiress who lives in one of the singles capitals of the world. You don't have to settle for being some guy's consolation prize, even if he is your baby daddy. Putting your life on hold while hanging onto a fantasy of reuniting with Liam is a choice you've made. A bad one.

• Love 8

Shut up Steffy; go talk to the $10 an hour cashier who was rear ended last week and has no car to get to work, and is taking public transportation now. Her toddler is being watched by an elderly neighbor for a few dollars a week so she can put food on her table.  The cashier cannot afford the copay for her refill on her pain meds, so she is using over the counter stuff to get through the pain. She cannot lay on the couch, or nap, or work from home; she has to go deal with the public all day with a smile on her face.

If you feel alone Steffy; that is all on you. You decided to side with Bill against his son, your husband. You decided to open the door of the Guest House. You decided to let that encounter turn into a bucking bronco show. You decided to go home to your clueless husband, and renew your vows. You decided to have a secret paternity test. You decided to leave that test out where anyone could find it. You decided to get back on your bike. You decided to not give accurate answers about your pain level. The things leading up to this point in your life are all on you. You have chosen to live your adult life a certain way. 

And don't forget that you have pushed everyone away since your accident. But at the end of the day, a person with your resources has all the options, and should not be crying about not utilizing those options. You want to maintain this Super Girl mentality, which is noble and all, but really will have no effect on broken bones. You have chosen to handle your recovery in a very irresponsible manner, and because of that, your body has not healed. All on you Steffy. All on you.

I won't fault Liam either. If Kelly wasn't in the picture I would feel differently. But I have seen that shit. I have seen a small child wanting their inebriated parent to wake up. It is horrible and gut wrenching. This SL is making Steffy look really, really bad. 

I am so disappointed with Hope. How unseemly to be discussing Liam in that fashion with Thomas. The reasons don't even have to be laid out. It is wrong on every fucking level. 

I remembered another scene that I found unintentionally funny. I can't find an English version, but I think the foreign one is actually much funnier. I liken it to when Ridge went all 007 over in Dubai to stop Brooke and Bill's first attempt to marry. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

you feel alone Steffy; that is all on you. You decided to side with Bill against his son, your husband. You decided to open the door of the Guest House. You decided to let that encounter turn into a bucking bronco show. You decided to go home to your clueless husband, and renew your vows. You decided to have a secret paternity test. You decided to leave that test out where anyone could find it. You decided to get back on your bike. You decided to not give accurate answers about your pain level. The things leading up to this point in your life are all on you. You have chosen to live your adult life a certain way. 

She's been making poor personal decisions from the day she kissed her not-uncle Rick, but yeah, Liam was absolutely justified in walking out 3 years ago. He's never looked back.

And the best part of that break-up? There was no one waiting in the wings. Hope and Ivy were gone and Liam was not interested in Sally in the slightest. It was probably one of the longest spans that he stayed single. It was one of the very few times Liam showed a spine and it was long coming.

I've been proud of Steffy for owning up to that (and I suspect Jacqui Wood was the one who pushed for that, not Bell) since it felt like it was *some* growth as a person. And this stupid drug story is unraveling all of that. And unlike Steffy's other selfish cruelty in the past, it's not just other idiots like Liam and Hope that are affected but an innocent child that by accident of birth was saddled with two lemmings for parents. As was mentioned by another person, drug abuse is not good for a child to witness.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

If you feel alone Steffy; that is all on you. You decided to side with Bill against his son, your husband. You decided to open the door of the Guest House. You decided to let that encounter turn into a bucking bronco show. You decided to go home to your clueless husband, and renew your vows. You decided to have a secret paternity test. You decided to leave that test out where anyone could find it. You decided to get back on your bike. You decided to not give accurate answers about your pain level. The things leading up to this point in your life are all on you. You have chosen to live your adult life a certain way. 

And don't forget that you have pushed everyone away since your accident. But at the end of the day, a person with your resources has all the options, and should not be crying about not utilizing those options. You want to maintain this Super Girl mentality, which is noble and all, but really will have no effect on broken bones. You have chosen to handle your recovery in a very irresponsible manner, and because of that, your body has not healed. All on you Steffy. All on you.

Amen, sister! To all of this, especially the bolded.

As for this...

No, YOU left, honey. YOU left after learning that your husband, who almost DIED in the Spectra Fashions building collapse, had shared a single-digit-seconds-long kiss with Sally when they thought they were going to die. And this after YOU spent weeks cozying up to $Bill, with these visits decidedly clandestine, what with the keeping-them-a-secret-from-Liam and the hugging and knee touching and sitting close.

tumblr_owpb2rPdDY1r03pmko2_500.gif&key=4tumblr_pbcnhddAmw1r03pmko8_250.gifv

Not to mention her clear support of $Bill, even in the face of him verbally laying Liam low during many of those "visits" and very-nearly-killing him. 

And again, SHE left that night. 

SHE left her husband, who confessed within mere hours of his kiss with Sally, to run to her granddaddy's guest house. SHE is the one who, knowing full well she'd been having an emotional affair with her father -in-law, deemed Liam's single action as an unpardonable sin. And, worst of all, instead of either not answering the door when $ Bill showed up or slamming the door in his face, she opens the door...WIDE.

Not the only thing she opened that night.

ZuQADq.gif&key=4d5859789dcc6255589070f66

This ^^ + image.thumb.png.47bb40c52ab906d0672c0ce45d2b5035.png =

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZdiqsw_pm30OYWZsKkMT

and

giphy.gif.

Pure and simple. 

Because Hope? In Europe.

Sally? An unreciprocated crush.

Ivy? In Aussieland.

This was all on HER.

And as far as her being alone after she gave birth to Kelly and Hope wrecking her marriage - again, please to be seeing the above receipts that the Steamless marriage was over but for the divorce being finalized the moment Steffy climbed aboard the Stallion. Or, at minimum, when Liam learned the truth about his lying, cheating, betraying wife.

So I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Steffy. Not when she is attempting to manipulate Liam and twist the truth and reinvent history to make him feel sorry for her and make it somehow okay for her to spiral into addiction and make it Liam and Hope's fault in the process. That dog won't hunt.

When you add in the fact that her wealth gives her plenty of options for help with her recovery and with Kelly and she clearly has a loud-as-hell voice when she's shrieking at someone, there is no excuse for her not to speak up and advocate for her health and well-being. 

For all of her crowing about being a supposedly strong, independent, confident, "I don't need a man" woman, she's anything but. 

giphy.gif

• Love 8