Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 1/6/2019 at 10:23 AM, Anna Yolei said:

But it does mean missing some things. Little sniffles are not something to skip out a whole ass boat trip.

Yeah, but in this day and age, with the aggressive flus we've seen in children and even adults, little sniffles and earaches can progress to full blown life threatening issues in a matter of hours. Imagine Liam had gone with Hope and Kelly had gotten worse and Liam was now stuck on Catalina. A last minute babymoon vs your living child having her first real bout with a fever. Liam is also suffering from first time fatheritis and guilt from not being a live in daddy for Kelly. He's not used to ups and downs of kid issues because he's never had one. So he's gonna freak a little and err on the side of being there instead of blowing it off. All of that I can understand in tipoing the scales in this instance towards him staying behind. Next time he'd be less inclined to drop everything because he'd know better. What doesn't make sense is Hope forging ahead alone and with the weather being what it was. The show pushed her to act egregiously against her own best interest to further the plot they wanted. But ultimately that decisions is on her. Did she feel like she had to do a babymoon to gain Liam's interest? I'm pretty sure she did, but ultimately that decision to go is on her, not him. And that's why she'll take her share of the 'blame' but not let him completely off the hook.

As someone pointed out, this whole storyline for the 8000th episode landmark is odd. That should be a major wedding or birth or character return. Instead it's a dead baby? Imagine instead that Hope is in the throes of labor alone in that clinic, Dr. Shady walks into a door and knocks himself out. Looks like Hope will deliver alone when someone else - another doctor who also received an emergency call to come in and made it just in time- arrives to help Hope deliver her child. The doctor, a woman, announces the baby is here and healthy, holding the squealing child up for Hope to see. Hope looks from the baby to the doctr's face and she looks like Phoebe. But it couldn't be! 'Phoebe?' Says an exhausted confused Hope and the doctor's face goes from joy to 'uh oh' as we realize that she recognizes that name and that this IS Phoebe but before Hope can say anything else she passes out and we cut to black to end the show. 

Living baby, mysterious return of beloved legacy character that has ripple effects throughout the show, and loads of story for Ridge, Taylor, and Steffy. And if they really wanted to make it messy? 

ETA:Ha! Didn't finish my thought. What I was going to say is if they wanted to make it extra messy, Phoebe could be married to grown up Lil' Deacon. He technically should be older than Hope so he'd make a good age match with resurrected Phoebe. Ridge's beloved long lost daughter is alive and married to Deacon's son?! Rick's adopted son married to his niece? Drama and mystery ensues. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9

Phoebe returns, asks Hope and Steffy why they are so stupid as to be fighting over Liam's waffling worthless ass, and refuses to be drawn into the usual family drama and fight for FC because she has her own career.  Unfortunately, it will never happen because Brad Bell believe women have no self-respect or self-esteem.

• Love 1

Oh I am sure this story was meant to ultimately make the audience feel bad and conflicted about Steffy giving back the baby to her parents. But here is the thing, this adoption is going to be as shaddy as hell and there is going to be no legal basis that Steffy would ever be able to keep that baby. From my understanding, Dr Shady needs cash in exchange for the baby in order to pay off his gambling debts. He is going to set this up as private adoption so he can get that money.

Spoiler

A female acquaintance of his is showing up in the next week or so. I am certain that she will play the role of biological mother for him and he will falsify birth records saying this woman gave birth to Beth. Besides child abduction, switching babies, lying on a birth certificate, he will be committing a serious case of fraud.

Steffy has no legal out and whether she wants to or not, she will have to return Beth to her real parents. Just because she didn't know, isn't going to fly with the courts because Beth was STOLEN from her parents. 

Frankly, Steffy should know better even in a private adoption, it would not go as quickly as this. Was there even a home visit by a social worker or did she even hire an attorney to help her to go through the process?

Ugh. I hate this story so freaking much. It is like when on Days Sami lost a year with her daughter after Nicole stole and switched her baby for a whole freaking year and the headwriter focused most of the storyline on person who stole the baby and tried to make her seem like the most sympathetic one in the story. It so did not happen with me and most definitely won't be happening with Steffy.

• Love 6

Countrygirl, my condolences for your brother. Thanks for sharing your story. Loosing a sibling is horrific but your mom loosing her son is heart wrenching because a parent is not suppose to burry a child.  

AY, I agree with you. Liam should not have skipped out on Hope for Kelly's little sniffles.  Stuffy, should have called her wonderful all caring mom who she needs close to her to be there at the doctors office. If Kelly was that bad then take her to a hospital and then call Liam.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Yeah, but in this day and age, with the aggressive flus we've seen in children and even adults, little sniffles and earaches can progress to full blown life threatening issues in a matter of hours. Imagine Liam had gone with Hope and Kelly had gotten worse and Liam was now stuck on Catalina. A last minute babymoon vs your living child having her first real bout with a fever. Liam is also suffering from first time fatheritis and guilt from not being a live in daddy for Kelly. He's not used to ups and downs of kid issues because he's never had one. So he's gonna freak a little and err on the side of being there instead of blowing it off. All of that I can understand in tipoing the scales in this instance towards him staying behind. Next time he'd be less inclined to drop everything because he'd know better.

Fair enough. Admittedly, I have no kids and haven't been around too many to know what sorts of things are concerning or not, and for all my cold I've come down with, I haven't had the legit flu since the winter of 2007-08 (where I caught it twice in three weeks--the same three weeks that included Christmas and my birthday, no less! )

What doesn't make sense is Hope forging ahead alone and with the weather being what it was. The show pushed her to act egregiously against her own best interest to further the plot they wanted.

Also true.

As someone pointed out, this whole storyline for the 8000th episode landmark is odd. That should be a major wedding or birth or character return. Instead it's a dead baby?

This is the same show that decided to make the 6000th or 7000th (I forget which) a whole PSA on the dangers of smoking with Stephanie having to intervene with Nick's cigar use. But still...odd. :/

9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Oh I am sure this story was meant to ultimately make the audience feel bad and conflicted about Steffy giving back the baby to her parents. But here is the thing, this adoption is going to be as shaddy as hell and there is going to be no legal basis that Steffy would ever be able to keep that baby.

Yep. This had shades of that one story on Y&R where Sheila's daughter took advantage of Daniel, had his baby that she left with an orphanage and that Real!Billy somehow got a hold of to give to Victoria who was struggling to have another kid after miracle child Reed. And even though Phyllis was scum for going over Daniel's head to push that baby back onto Daisy's hands just because it was her granddotter or whatever...legally Billy and Victoria had no leg to stand on there.

• Love 2

The baby switch storyline could be so much more interesting if, as the story progresses, some characters, like Taylor or Ridge, find about the baby's true parentage, but decide to keep their mouth shut for the sake of their daughter.

I definitely could see Taylor doing that, especially a drunk Taylor.

• Love 9
On 1/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Did they? If you're talking about Rosie, I thought the only thing in doubt was the paternity but she never thought the baby was dead at any point.

Yes. Amber was pregnant three times, the third time resulting in Rosie.

There was the first baby that she gave birth to out in her mom's trailer in Death Valley. This was the baby that she wasn't sure if it was Rick's or Raymond's (aka Usher). The baby was, indeed, Rick's, but was stillborn and she swapped him for Becky's baby (by Deacon) - little Eric.

Her second child came after Deacon attempted to woo her from Rick and she chose Rick. They were happy and in love and she collapsed at a fashion show and woke up to find a tearful Rick by her bedside. The baby girl was stillborn. Soon after Sheila and Erica/Mary entered the picture.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Yes. Amber was pregnant three times, the third time resulting in Rosie.

There was the first baby that she gave birth to out in her mom's trailer in Death Valley. This was the baby that she wasn't sure if it was Rick's or Raymond's (aka Usher). The baby was, indeed, Rick's, but was stillborn and she swapped him for Becky's baby (by Deacon) - little Eric.

Her second child came after Deacon attempted to woo her from Rick and she chose Rick. They were happy and in love and she collapsed at a fashion show and woke up to find a tearful Rick by her bedside. The baby girl was stillborn. Soon after Sheila and Erica/Mary entered the picture.

I really remember the Death Valley days with Becky and Amber begging her for the baby. High drama. Very soapy.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And then Becky was shipped off to Paris, wanting her baby back.  The show was good back then :(

And people thought the show was terrible back then for all the focus given on Amber! 😂

(Mind you,I'm not talking about her last few months on the show.with her cradle-robbing Thomas's virginity and nearly getting Ridge and Bridget killed...she needed to go then. I'm probably the only Amber stan here but even I can't defend that shit)

But no, the writers knew then how to pace the show and knew exactly how long to keep characters like Becky around. As sad as I was as a kid that she died of cancer, it was narratively the best choice. Not like TIIC now that keep trying to make Xander and Zoe and (maybe?) Emma happen. Unless  Xander ends up being Maya's biological son from a girl she slept with before her GRS, I do not and will not care.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

And people thought the show was terrible back then for all the focus given on Amber! 😂

(Mind you,I'm not talking about her last few months on the show.with her cradle-robbing Thomas's virginity and nearly getting Ridge and Bridget killed...she needed to go then. I'm probably the only Amber stan here but even I can't defend that shit)

It was during the Thomas cradle robbing time that I thought too much focus was on Amber.  Before then, IMO her appearances were in the correct doses.

• Love 2

I'm ready to see Dr. Shady, twirling his mustache, holding a healthy, baby Beth. This is just heartbreaking, manipulative, & cruel, when we all know that she's alive & actually going to be given to Steffy/Taylor very soon. Show us! Every damn day, with the mascara streaks when I go back from lunch. Enough!

The good today? $Bill & Ridge holding hands, per Liam's request. It was also nice to see $Bill be a supportive father to Liam. Something tells me that $Bill will be the one to solve this mystery.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Something tells me that $Bill will be the one to solve this mystery.

Bill would not only have righted a wrong for Liam and Hope, both of whom he has royally fucked over, but could potentially have the way for a Brilliant reunion when Brooke and Ridge inevitably fight about how attatched Hope will become over this "new" baby of Steffy's and/or whether it's best that the baby stay with Steffy when this all comes out (sooner rather than later, I hope. This might be the one time I hope B&B chooses to power blitzt through a story and resolve this in 13 weeks instead of dragging it out).

Two birds with one stone. I like it.

• Love 16

Dr Wayne Shady can't take his big Bobby Bonds steroid induced Charlie Brown head off my TV screen soon enough. 

This episode hits a little to close to home for my taste.  😥.  Not with baby births, per se, but with dealing, too many times to count, with death.  

• Love 11

This whole story line is making me angry and sick. Why would the writers do this at all? It’s heartbreaking for all of the characters and the viewers. I think we’ve all experienced loss of babies, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, friends. This hits way too close to home for me, Waldo13. The writers need to put a stop to this ASAP!!

• Love 18

The fake Beth had a birthmark. Hmmm. That detail may come into play later if they do go ahead with the baby swap storyline.

I think that scene at the Catalina clinic would've been better if Ridge hadn't been there. He doesn't care about Hope and pretty much only tolerates Liam because he's Kelly's father. Kelly's father who refused to let go of Steffy's "one mistake" and reunite their family.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

This whole story line is making me angry and sick. Why would the writers do this at all? 

Especially since so many of us watch soaps to escape this kind of misery.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The fake Beth had a birthmark. Hmmm. That detail may come into play later if they do go ahead with the baby swap storyline.

As soon as they mentioned that birthmark, and remembering its’ location, I thought itclinched the baby switch SL.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, MotherInLaw said:

As soon as they mentioned that birthmark, and remembering its’ location, I thought itclinched the baby switch SL.

Like many of you, I just couldn't bare to watch the pain/suffering, so I missed any mention of a birthmark. Could you please tell me what was said...where the birthmark was??

I, too, need this storyline to end soon 😥

• Love 3

From the transcript of yesterday's show:

Hope: I can see her when I close my eyes. Can you?

Liam: Yeah. That sweet little face, nose... ten fingers...

Hope: When does the memory fade? Because someday, it will.& Someday we'll think... "did she have blonde hair? Was that birthmark on her left or her right leg?"

Liam: Left.

Hope: Yes, it was. And we know that today because we held her today, but we'll never get to ever again.

Yeah, it's probably a Chekhov's birthmark. No point in mentioning it unless it's going to become a plot point later on. It made my eyes roll though because how many soaps have used a birthmark as a tell for rediscovered lost children? Geez, do something new like an extra toe or eyes that are different colors. Whatever, the dead baby Hope and Liam saw likely wasn't really Beth so it'll be interesting to see how the birthmark actually comes into play when someone identifies their real baby. As far as we know the only people who would know about the birthmark are Reese, Hope, Liam, and maybe the baby's real mother.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whatever, the dead baby Hope and Liam saw likely wasn't really Beth so it'll be interesting to see how the birthmark actually comes into play when someone identifies their real baby.

Yeah, since the birthmark was on the dead baby , it really shouldn't come into play.  

• Love 3

I didn't think anything could top last Friday's emotional whirlwind but yesterday's episode left me in tears once again.

giphy.gif

We open with Liam sitting next to Hope in her hospital room (or clinic room but whatever), looking like the saddest people in the world. Because they are.

DwWPvSfWoAAqSLn.jpg

Hope is quiet and you can see resignation in her haunted eyes: "I can see her when I close my eyes. Can you?"

Liam nods, remembering: "Yeah. That sweet little face, nose... ten fingers..."

Hope: "When does the memory fade? Because someday, it will...and someday we'll think... "did she have blonde hair? Was that birthmark on her left or her right leg?"

DwVMNstWoAAxx-y.jpg

Liam, not missing a beat: "Left."

Hope: "Yes, it was. And we know that today because we held her today, but we'll never get to ever again."

DwWPv1vXgAAbyKX.jpg

The pain like a sword plunging into their hearts, again and again, until there's nothing left but this aching void.

DwWPwfSXgAEdfFk.jpg

The tears keep coming, the well will never go dry.

DwWPw5NWsAcJEbJ.jpg

We cut to Brooke, just outside the door: "Hope's in this room, right, doctor?"

Dr. F: "Yes. She's in there with her husband." 

Brooke enters the room with Ridge and Bill right on her heels, every inch the excited grandmother: "Oh! There you are. Sweetie!" she leans in to kiss her daughter.

DwSSL6dUUAEt2L9.jpg

Hope takes a deep breath and tries for a smile as Liam swipes at his eyes.

Hope: "Hi!" It doesn't sound convincing in the slightest but Brooke is too giddy to notice.

Brooke: "Oh, we got here as soon as we possibly could. Oh, baby!" She stops and takes a look at her clearly worn-out daughter. "Oh, you look exhausted. How long were you in labor?" Thinking a long labor is the reason she looks so terrible.

Hope: "I, um -- I don't know."

Brooke smiles, remembering those first few days of motherhood and the pure exhaustion that accompany them. "Well, where is my beautiful little granddaughter, huh? Where are you hiding her?"

Bill, hands on hips, looking every inch the proud grandpa: "Yeah, we want to see the newest Spencer."

Brooke: "I mean, she can't be in the nursery. This place looks too small for a nursery."

Ridge, decidedly less swept up as the step-grandfather, is starting to read the room a little: "Maybe these guys need a little time alone, come on." He attempts to usher them out.

Brooke is confused: "What do they need time for? Honey? Is everything all right?"

Hope looks helplessly at Liam: "Can I talk to my mom alone?"

Liam: "Of course." He looks at his father and Ridge. "Um, come with me. I'll fill you in." They follow him, already sensing all is not well.

Brooke sits next to to Hope: "Honey."

Dr. F: "If you need anything..." Oh get the fuck out, asshole. What Hope needs is her baby that you've likely swept out of the clinic by now.

Brooke: "What happened? Is it Beth?"

Hope tries to stop the tears from coming as she says the unimaginable to her mother: "She's gone."

Brooke is stunned: "Gone?" She gasps, then takes a deep breath. "No..." She looks at Hope's stricken face, mentally adding it up. "No!" she sobs. "No! Oh God!"

Outside the room, Liam sighs, looking at the pair through the glass.

Bill, gently: "Liam, what happened?"

Ridge: "Where's your daughter? Is she being examined? Is she in another room?"

Liam: "Um... Hope did everything she could." There was nothing Hope could have done.

Ridge sighs, knowing instantly what this means.

Bill does, too: "Oh, god..." He steps toward Liam and as naturally as it used to be, Liam is in his father's arms and sobbing. Bill doesn't let go for a moment and just lets his son cry. And now I'm crying. 

Hope is sobbing as well and Brooke takes her hurting child into her arms, crying right along with her: "Oh honey! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

DwV7uTCU0AAxttt.jpg

Hope, who has held back, trying to brave for her mother as Liam was for her can't stop the floodgates now: "My baby... my baby!"

Brooke: "Just let it out. Just let it out."

8MC7_c8b?format=jpg&name=600x314

Hope (and Annika) break my heart all over again as she wails: "Mommy!" 

Hope1.thumb.jpg.2c903d34259370a5bb52e1b7a1226bb7.jpg

Brooke, who is trying to pull it together, but falters hearing her daughter call her "Mommy:," says "Oh, honey. It's okay." It's not okay, Brooke. Nothing about this is okay, but I know what she means.

Back outside, Liam is angry because that's the far easier emotion: "You know, I'll never understand why something like this would happen to Hope. I mean, she radiates nothing but goodness. Have you ever met someone more meant to be a mother?"

Ridge: "And she will be one day. Any child would be blessed to be raised by her." Ridge means well but OMG, please don't say how they can have another baby someday. It's way, way too soon for that.

Liam argues: "But why not Beth?" Why not, indeed.

Bill, gently: "There's no answer to that, Liam."

Liam: "Well, there should be! There should be reason, there should be meaning in all of this!" Except there isn't. 

Bill locks eyes with his son and is as calm as he's ever been, as loving as he's ever been in this moment with his grieving son: "No. No. If you can find any meaning in this at all, let it be that it brought you and your wife closer. Stay by her side. Allow her to be by yours. Cry with her. Be silent with her. Just be what each other needs." Sometimes, I really do love $ Bill.

Dr. F: "Not to interrupt, but I have the paperwork." Really? Already? He is such an insufferable asshole.

Liam: "Yeah, okay."

Reese: "I marked the spots for you to sign." Helpful of him and this and the birthmark comment cement that there's a baby swap afoot.

Liam snarls at him: "Why? What -- what happened, huh? What is this? What happened in there? Everything was fine! She was happy, the baby was kicking, and now she's just -- you're just telling me she's gone? How -- you tell me, doctor. How does that happen? What happened to my little girl in there?" The doctor (if he really is one) remains silent because what can he say, really?

Hope: "I forget what the doctor called it. Placenta...rupture, maybe? I don't -- abruption? I don't know. I don't know. I couldn't process it. All I could hear was silence."

Brooke: "Silence?"

Hope: "Newborns are supposed to cry, gurgle, the sound of breath... even that was missing. It was just quiet." And the quiet can be more deafening than a hurricane.

Brooke: "Oh, honey. I should have been here for you. I'm sorry."

Hope: "No. No, no. I don't wish that on you. I don't wish that on anyone."

Brooke: "For you to go through this alone..."

Hope: "Liam was here. He's the one that told me."

Brooke: "What?"

Hope: "I wasn't awake when she -- I passed out." 

Brooke: "Oh, my god, Hope. Are you okay?"

Hope: "No. No, I'm not." How could she be?

Brooke, realizing her mistake: "No, physically, I mean."

Hope: I" don't know, I guess I will be, I just... I tried so hard. And the labor came so fast, and I was pushing, and... and Beth was ready to come into this world, and..." She breaks down again. "I had one job to do! I had one job, and I failed!" 

Brooke is quick to dissuade her: "Oh, stop. Please. Don't say that."

Hope: "I did! If I had been awake, I -- I could have done something!" 

Brooke, gently, looks Hope right in the eye: "No."

Hope: "Yes!"

Brooke: "You would have witnessed a stillbirth." Hope closes her eyes at this, but then shakes her head.

Hope: "No, I could have done something! I could have done anything! I would have been able to prevent it!"

Brooke, holds Hopes arms: "Listen to me. You couldn't prevent that. Placental abruption -- is that what you called it? Look, I'm not a doctor, but I have heard of that, and it's rare, but there's not much you can do about it, whether you're awake or not, so, please, honey, don't blame yourself."

Hope won't listen and who can blame her? "I waited months. I've waited months to see her and to love her... and you think I won't blame myself?"

Brooke: "I know you will, but I am telling not to."

Hope: "Why... why Beth? Why? Why my baby?" Because Dr F is a lying, cheating, asshole.

Brooke takes her in her arms again: "Come here. Come here."

Back outside, Dr. F picks up on Liam's obvious and understandable hostility: "Why don't we do this later? I didn't mean to rush you." Sure, you didn't.

Bill turns his eagle eyes on the doctor: "I think my son deserves an answer to his question. His daughter died tonight. Can you tell us why?"

Dr. F gets all affronted: "Are you asking if it was human error?"

Bill, more patient than I would be, especially given the doctor's clearly nonchalant attitude: "I'm just trying to understand exactly what happened."

Dr F: "The placenta detached from the womb. It means the baby didn't get the nutrients and the oxygen that she needed. It's very unusual. It only happens-"

Liam breaks in: "Why, though? Why does it happen? I mean, I -- is there something that caused it? I want to know this in case we try again."

Dr. F: "It's not preventable, but the chances of you going through this are very slim. Plus, there are things that you can do to decrease the risk. Hope's ob-gyn will review those with you when and if the time comes." Just passing the buck to Robin Givens. Also, most babies can and do survive this condition. He goes off to answer a phone but throws out that he's "so terribly sorry." Liar.

Hope, sniffling, is calmer for the moment: "You remember early in the pregnancy when I was cramping?"

Brooke: "Yes."

Hope: "Part of me almost wishes..." And Brooke knows what she means without her having to spell it out.

Brooke: "Oh, honey, you don't mean that."

Hope: "I mean, it would have been painful and horrible, but not like this. You know, maybe the mistake was naming her because I got -- I got too confident."

DwVHiLJXcAIA2r8.jpg

Brooke is quick to reassure her: "Honey, what are you talking about? A lot of people name their babies before they're born. In fact, they name them before they even get pregnant. So, no, it was no mistake. You did nothing wrong."

Hope begins to cry again: "Yes, I did! Yes, I did! I obviously did because just hours ago she was alive inside of me, and she was kicking, I could feel her. And I just -- I needed to do the one thing that she needed me to do, which was deliver her into this world safely... what's wrong with me?" She needs someone, anyone to blame, and it's easiest to pin that squarely on her own shoulders right now.

Brooke: "Honey, nothing! Nothing is wrong."

Hope: "I failed my daughter, I failed my husband!"

Brooke: "No, Liam would not feel that way." And he doesn't. 

Hope: "No. No, I should have just stayed in Los Angeles and put my daughter first instead of this stupid babymoon idea." She's echoing what some of us have said, what was she thinking, taking a trip so late in her pregnancy but she didn't cause the abruption and there's something decidedly gross about blaming a pregnant woman for doing x,y, and z (wearing high heels, climbing a ladder) who goes on to miscarry or have a stillbirth. If she's doing drugs or some other truly harmful activity, that is one thing, but Hope took care of herself and this baby from the moment she learned she existed.

Brooke: "Will you stop it? Listen to me. You did nothing wrong."

Hope: "But my body did."

Brooke: "Honey..."

Hope: "Millions of children are born every day, and my body fails me. It lets me carry a baby almost the full term... she was really beautiful. I got to hold her, and I tried to give her all of my love... but she'll never know. She'll never know."

Brooke disagrees: "She will. She'll know. Trust me. She'll know."

Liam, trailed by Bill and Ridge come back into the room.

Brooke: "I know it feels like you'll never get past this, but you will. You have so many people in your life, sweetheart. We all care about you so much.

Liam: "Hey. We're all in this together, okay? You're surrounded by family."

DwZO_q9WsAAZgRF.jpg

Ridge: "No doubt about that."

Bill: "We're here for you."

Hope sniffs: "I just want to go home." And get as far away as possible from this place that is the scene of so much heartache.

Liam: "We're gonna go home, and you're gonna be in bed, you're gonna be in your own bed, and you're gonna get the rest you need."

Hope scoffs at this: "Rest? Is that even possible?"

Liam: "It is with you. Everything's possible. Even recovering from this. I know moving forward is not gonna be easy for either of us, but... we're gonna do it together. We're gonna grieve together, we're gonna lean on each other, we're gonna lean on them. The people in our life who care about us. That's how we're gonna get through it. You know, we've been imagining this life with Beth for months now. We built up a whole world in our minds, and... well, it turns out Beth isn't coming home. But we are. We are coming home because... because life moves on."

DwZPEWzXgAUy_Js.jpg

Hope winces at this last part, even though it is, inevitably, unstoppable "One life isn't."

DwVJk8nUwAAF6xx.jpg

Liam's eyes well up with tears.

"Yeah. Do you think we could, um, do, like, a... I don't know how to -- I just -- I want to talk to her, you know? I want to, like... I want to say something. Can we do that?" 

DwZPPYNW0AADcxr.jpg

Hope voice quavers as she falters: "I don't think I can do that."

Liam: "You don't have to. I'll do it. I'll do it for you. I'll do it for both of us. Can we join hands? Can we -- can we do that, maybe?"

OMG, Ridge and Bill are holding hands!!!!! 

DwZPUa8X4AEJlHy.jpg

I just...cannot right now.

Liam continues, talking to his daughter: "Beth, I'm your dad. This is your mom. You're not, um -- you're not with us. You're not with us anymore physically, but you're still here, in a way. And, um... even though we wanted so much more... we wanted so much more of you, we can learn to be okay with -- with what you were able to give us. You are so loved. You are so loved by everyone in this room, and you're gonna be in our hearts forever, and please know that. Please know that, my sweet... sweet little angel."

DwVJqK_UUAEmNuv.jpg

Hope's tries to fight back the tears as she listens to Liam.

DwVJ2WqUUAEt8jE.jpg

But then her voice comes, strained at first, then growing stronger: "I know you're there, and I know you're there watching... and I just want to say I am... so, so sorry that you couldn't stay here with us, and know that not a day will go by without me thinking of you. And I feel your spirit, and it is so strong, and I still feel you. I feel you here with me as if you were in my arms. And I feel that and I know that because you were a part of me, and you will always be a part of me. I know you're with us, and even though I can't touch you anymore, I can still tell you every day... that I love you. I love you. I love you." She sobs, her voice breaking again: "Mommy loves you."

Another powerhouse day for SC and AN with strong support from DD and KKL. 

• Love 18

Yeah, that was pretty brutal.  AN did a fantastic, heartbreaking job.  As did SC.  Really hard to watch.

ETA

Bill locks eyes with his son and is as calm as he's ever been, as loving as he's ever been in this moment with his grieving son: "No. No. If you can find any meaning in this at all, let it be that it brought you and your wife closer. Stay by her side. Allow her to be by yours. Cry with her. Be silent with her. Just be what each other needs." Sometimes, I really do love $ Bill.

How does a vainglorious, self-absorbed, narcissistic blowhard possess such sensitivity and insight?  Listen to your father, boy.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Crap, I'm welling up just reading @CountryGirl's excellent recap.  No way in hell can I watch this.

Watch it, even if you just fast-forward to the part where Ridge & Bill hold hands, you MUST see that! Honestly, the acting was great all around. For sure, you must see them awkwardly hold hands. In such a sad, serious show, I was so appreciative for the laugh.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, since the birthmark was on the dead baby , it really shouldn't come into play.  

except here is where they could put the hope for the future media into play.  The lady waiting at the airport recognized hope and said she loves her line and wears the clothes.  I'm sure Liam will have a post about losing the baby,  maybe the real mother will reply with losing her own child and the birthmark and someone with half a brain will put 2 and 2 together.  Maybe

• Love 9
Just now, Blondie said:

except here is where they could put the hope for the future media into play.  The lady waiting at the airport recognized hope and said she loves her line and wears the clothes.  I'm sure Liam will have a post about losing the baby,  maybe the real mother will reply with losing her own child and the birthmark and someone with half a brain will put 2 and 2 together.  Maybe

That's probably the only way it would work. Of course that means the writers would have to be be as bright as you are, @Blondie, to figure that out, so I don't have much hope.

• Love 10

Who needs to watch when you get recaps like that? Thanks so much @CountryGirl! That recap has me all fired up to tune back in. I don't think I have ever been so torn about watching a damn show. But I know as soon as I see Dr. Whatthefuckever, I am going to want to cut a bitch in the worst way. 

It was so cruel to let Hope carry that baby to term, and to delver and hold her. 

And my Brooke. 

I am just gonna be a hypocrite. I hope Bill uses all his ways and means, utilizes all his far reaching power, in an effort to destroy that rank ass bastard Dr. 

• Love 10

Seriously, when are we going to see this baby? I'm starting to question my sanity & think maybe she really didn't make it. 

Steffy: "Can I run over & check on Hope? I'll take my perfectly healthy baby girl & remind her that we're all 1 big, happy family!"

Ridge: "I think she'd love to have that thrown in her face tomorrow, but for today, you & your mom just pray for Hope & Brooke. K?"

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Who needs to watch when you get recaps like that? Thanks so much @CountryGirl! That recap has me all fired up to tune back in. I don't think I have ever been so torn about watching a damn show. But I know as soon as I see Dr. Whatthefuckever, I am going to want to cut a bitch in the worst way. 

It was so cruel to let Hope carry that baby to term, and to delver and hold her. 

And my Brooke. 

I am just gonna be a hypocrite. I hope Bill uses all his ways and means, utilizes all his far reaching power, in an effort to destroy that rank ass bastard Dr. 

I was torn, too, but I just had to plunge back in and as awful as this storyline is, even Beth is alive after all, my goodness these have been powerful shows. SC, DD, and KKL have never been better and Annika has been absolutely amazing and dare I say it? Yes, I will, because she's earned this - I don't think KM could have carried these scenes with the same emotional gravitas and we do have her prior loss, of her son with Wyatt to compare it to, and they're not even in the same universe. This is not a dig at KM, but much like AJ is the only adult Bridget in my eyes and not JF, AN makes me forget there was a KM before her.

For those unsure about the whole thing but wanting to see the once-in-a-lifetime moment of archenemies $ Bill and The Dressmaker holding hands, here's a short scene:

Of course, Ridge does it somewhat begrudgingly, Bill doesn't hesitate for a nanosecond.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whatever, the dead baby Hope and Liam saw likely wasn't really Beth so it'll be interesting to see how the birthmark actually comes into play when someone identifies their real baby.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Someone beat me to it, but yeah, even in the cases when one of the babies die, it always comes up. The Sheila/Tracy story had a scene in which Tracy was trying to remember whether Dylan (the baby that Scotty was switched with and who passed away after a few months) had a birthmark because she did get to see her own baby for a few minutes before Sheila switched him, but figured it might have been her mind playing tricks. Meanwhile, Sheila was obsessive in her persuit of getting anyone to remove the telltale birthmark ASAP to the point that Scott was baffled by it.

And then, there was the one with Amber and Becky, where baby Eric had a distinctive birthmark on his bottom in the shape of a heart that she did get to see before adopting him out (or thinking she had) and Amber spent the entire summer of '99 trying to make sure she didn't get an opportunity to change his diaper. Honestly, the last two switches on  Y&R are the last two times I can recall a birthmark not coming into  play, but I agree that there are other types of clues to use. Unique eye color. Odd moles (like the one I was born with on my left foot). A kid being born with poliosis (a grey patch of hair usually on the front of the head, such as what NCIS alum Scott Bakula had--you can't tell anymore since he's gone gray now, but you can see the streak on Quantum Leap!). Get creative!

1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Seriously, when are we going to see this baby? I'm starting to question my sanity & think maybe she really didn't make it.

I think TPTB are trying to build the tiniest bit of suspense here? I know most of the time we see someone switch the kid, but usually, when the baby has died, it's glaringly obvious that they have (and now that I think about it, aside from Bridget's Nicole I don't think there's even been a stillborn baby on B&B. Usually the baby lives or is miscarried at some point before the date of viability. But most other soaps typically make it clear the baby is gone and not coming back).

44 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Here's the handholding without all the sad stuff to ruin the moment. Make this "assholes in love" happen, show. 

giphy.gif

Is it wrong to want an OT3 setup for this? :3

• Love 7

Where was Taylor yesterday when Kelly was sick.  Taylor it's not about you even Stuffy knows it's not about her. Well maybe just for the day. 

The prettier Kelly is back. Those big blue eyes are the give away. 

Where is Beth and why isn't there any mention of a funeral service?  You would think that Liam and Hope would want one. 

• Love 3

Hold the fuck up Ridge “it’s nobody’s fault.” Excuse me most rich AF families like them would be looking to malpractice or what went wrong and actually pondering given the state of the clinic and strange doctor if something DID go wrong. 

Was that a pic of Scott Clifton / Liam at the Emmys red carpet in the background of their home scene? 😂 it’s kinda like how Bill has glamor shots and Getty images of himself all over his office and home. 

This story is too sad and mean for me 😭 like others it hits close to home. Scott, Anika/Hope and KKL/Brooke did really well today. Zoe’s giving me Sarah Jessica Parker vibes 🐴 Zojackie Horsewoman 

I think Hope’s going to become really disillusioned, bitter, and I can’t blame her.

• Love 10

Wonder how many poor horses sacrificed their tails for that bundle sitting on Steffy's head today?

Dr. Windsor Castle looked to me like he gained 20 lbs. overnight. Stress eating, huh? 😼

For a moment there little Kelly looked like she was stiff-arming Steffy and trying to get away from her. Maybe she doesn't like horses. 🙄

Why would Brooke call Wyatt for Liam? Seems like Bill would be the one to do that.

• Love 6

When Hope first became pregnant, I told myself I was going to stop watching if they killed that child. Now with the rumor that this will be a baby switch, I don't have to quit but I'm still pissed Hope had to go through this pain and they better hurry up and move this story along.

• Love 7

I just can't watch this baby fake death/swap storyline. Ugh. Maybe I am being ridiculous, but it is too sad. I watch just for the fluff and this isn't fluffy enough for me. There is too much upsetting stuff on the news every day. I can't watch it on here too. I will just read here for now.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The only factor in the current storyline will be ratings.  If the ratings plummet the storyline will be wrapped up quickly, and conversely, if ratings go up it'll go on and on.

Do ratings even fluctuate that much anymore? I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks this genre (or at least the four remaining old school shows) will ever see the numbers they had even ten years ago. Not even Y&R pulls 5 million viewers anymore.

As others have said, this is well out of B&B's wheelhouse. It does light camp well but at it's heart, it's never done the dark, graphic stuff like this. Even when it's dealt with rape, the attacks were all offscreen, unlike, say, the one I've heard about for Margo on ATWT (which I am not going to dig into YouTube to confirm).

I remember reading something about Bell being rather upset and disturbed for having written out baby Dylan on Y&R and swore he'd never do that again. Hence why Nicole Marrone is the shows only still born.

• Love 1

I'm watching for the first time in months.  Why are they spending so much time on the Z-list characters and actors?  Who gives a flying fuck about Zoe and her father?  If the doctor didn't swap the babies, why is he on my tv screen?  This 'owing the mob' bullshit is absurd.  If he owed the mob $200k, they would have either killed his daughter or put him in the hospital AGES ago.

I HATE that Liam and Hope are probably going to draw apart.  I know it happens in real life but I would love if JUST ONCE, a couple on a B&B helped each other through adversity.

I don't give a fuck how these harpies feel about Beth's death.  Does anybody doubt that they're not secretly HAPPY that Kelly's competition is gone?

Edited to add:  Why is Taylor going?  She HATES Hope.  Taylor made Hope in fear of her life.  No surprise that two selfish, hateful slatterns like Hauxdilox and her mother would think their presence would be welcome at a time like this.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 14

Recap for Tues. 1/8/2019:

We open at Steffy's house with her and Taylor drinking coffee and wondering what's going on with Hope.

DwabuyfXcAAuglw.jpg

Steffy, sounding annoyed: "I haven't heard from Liam." Even if everything had gone smoothly, does this trick honestly think she's #1 on his priority list of people to call about his new baby with Hope?

They both think the windstorm may have caused Liam to lose cell service in Catalina.

Steffy muses about being a "real family" with the new baby.

Taylor smirks: "I've never had familial feelings for Brooke." You might as well have, considering you were up each other's asses for the better part of three decades. She concedes that "a child could heal everything."

Ridge arrives, looking haggard. In other words, like himself. He asks after Kelly and Taylor is quick to reassure him that her temp is back to normal and all is well.

Steffy comes in from the nursery as Ridge, on edge, says they can't just assume things are okay and they need to consult a doctor. Sorry, I don't buy that Ridge is so freaked out by Beth's death that he's now suddenly uber-overprotective of Kelly. TK just can't sell it.

Steffy: "We have a doctor right here."

Me:       tenor.gif

Oh, she means, Taylor. Yeah, okay.

Steffy: "Have you talked to Liam?"

Ridge: "Yes."

Steffy: "So, he made it to the islands before the winds kicked in?"

Ridge: "None of us did."

Steffy gasps: "Hope was alone?"

Ridge: "Yeah. She was alone for most of it."

Steffy, sounding genuinely concerned: "Is Hope okay?"

Steffy.thumb.jpg.6bec2e9577b9510a0696f322940dd677.jpg

Ridge is cryptic "She will be...eventually."

Steffy and Taylor look honest-to-goodness emotional (well, as emotional as they can look, considering) as they realize something has gone wrong.

DwbM99bUwAE6Zps.jpg

Taylor: "Is the baby okay?"

Ridge: "Her name was Beth...she didn't make it."

Ridge.thumb.jpg.49bd33a3f97544f66f3430ae0677ed95.jpg

Steffy tears up and I can't imagine it was easy for a pregnant JMW to do these scenes, nor HT, having lost a child. 

Dwcb3rEXgAE6VON.jpg

Steffy wants to see Hope, but isn't sure Hope wants that.

Ridge: "I think she will want to see you, but not today."

Taylor: "Is there anything we can do?"

Ridge: "We're already doing it and Brooke is going Hope what she needs." And Liam.

Steffy shakes her head: "Except the child she's been carrying inside her all these months." Steffy knows exactly how that feels, having lost a child with Liam. And yet the Hope haters continue to insist Beth is karma for Steffy's loss. Which is all kinds of ridiculous, no matter how immature Hope's reaction at the time. Plus, she's lost not one, but two children since then, and it will still never be enough for them. 

Later, Steffy brings Kelly out to see Ridge and he remarks that he hadn't known how much he needed to hold her until right then.

He tells them he needs to get back home.

DwfQQUpVsAEXdBL.jpg

Taylor: "Please let Brooke and Hope know they're in my prayers."

Ridge: "I will." He looks at Steffy, holding Kelly. "Take her to the doctor for a follow up." Um, she's fine, Ridge.

After he leaves, the two of them look at each other, stunned, with Taylor remarking: "Beth's death will affect everyone for a long time." That's putting it mildly but again, I fully believe she's alive and well and will be reunited with her family.

Later, Steffy is alone with Kelly and she tells her daughter how hard it was to lose a sister. 

DwbS2jdUcAAA6os.jpg

Steffy: "It's hard to lose a sister. I can't even tell you what she looked like. We need to be strong for Daddy, okay? He'll be so broken-hearted." Um, she's a baby, Steffy, but I'll give her a pass today. Plus, Kelly is such a cutie.

DwbS3BgU0AAVDw0.jpg

At FC, we have some scenes with Zoe and Dr. Fuckingham.

Zoe-reese-studio-HW.jpg?w=1230

I'm not recapping these in-depth, because it's a sheer waste of my time and your's.

He's obviously shared the news about Hope and Beth with his daughter. Um, doctor-patient confidentiality anyone? Oh, please, that's the least of his crimes. 

He whines (and lies), she consoles. Lather, rinse, repeat. He's acting guilty because HE IS. Of stealing Hope's baby.

Later, he's in the parking lot and is confronted by the debt collector. He tells him he'll get what he wants, affirming "all of it." Uh huh...he's totally selling Beth.

Now, come the hard scenes, but the only reason to watch:

Liam and Hope arrive back home, with Brooke trailing after them.

The living room is exactly how Hope left it with dozens of baby gifts or items she/Liam/Brooke purchased about the room, each a tiny papercut in her heart.

She picks up an adorable stuffed bunny with Liam right beside her.

Dwcl1CrWsAArN5G.jpg

He is feeling everything she is right now and bends to kiss her shoulder.

Dwcl1A_XgAAEJsM.jpg

Brooke offers to take the gifts to the main house. I know Brooke means well, but just stop. It's not helpful. Having the baby items there or not isn't going to change what it is. 

Hope: "Is it wrong to remember the way things were before it all changed?" No, Hope, it is most certainly not and I'm not suggesting a shrine be kept to one's deceased loved ones, but to immediately pack up everything isn't the answer either.

Liam: "It wouldn't be wrong...it just wasn't easy."

He offers to make her breakfast.

Hope: "I'm not hungry."

Brooke offers to make coffee and caffeine is the last thing either of these two need. I mean, I know they probably won't sleep much, but they need to. Badly. Brooke does, too.

Liam interjects at this, saying Hope probably wants to lie down.

Hope isn't listening as she drifts over to pick up a pink onesie, holding it to her body. 

DweWgfUUwAMaV9E.jpg

She remarks that she knows they (Brooke and Liam) have things to do.

She picks up the Santa sonogram photo, one of her Christmas presents from Liam, staring at the image of her perfectly healthy baby. It was barely two weeks ago that she unwrapped that photograph.

DwbN3qFU0AAQYEl.jpg

Brooke: "Hope?"

Hope breaks her reverie and is still the mama lioness: "Don't expect me not to say her name."

Liam blanches at this: "No one is expecting that, but I should probably take away some of these things." 

Does. It. Have. To. Be. RIGHT. THIS. SECOND????

I know Liam is grieving, too, but not seeing those things isn't going to diminish their pain...in fact, I've know folks who've regretted giving their loved ones things away - period - or too soon. It's a process. It doesn't happen overnight. And right now, these things are the only tangible things Hope has left to cling to. It's up to her how she wants to process this. 

Hope is ignoring him as she picks up a cute dress, recalling how she picked it out and imagining how it would look on Beth. She's on the verge of tears as she says: "She was almost exactly as I dreamed."

DwbQAUQWkAAgNYU.jpg

She picks up a pink picture frame Emma got her with an empty space in the middle where Beth's photo should be.

DwbP_aGWwAsPoR6.jpg

DweWhs6UwAE8LX9.jpg

Utterly exhausted, she finally sits down on the couch.

Brooke makes Hope a cup of tea and hands it to Hope, who promptly sets it down. She stares at Liam, who is holding a Moses basket filled with baby toys.

He falters, setting it on top of the pink bassinet: "I was just trying to...clear some things out of the way."

Hope: "I don't want these things to be thrown away."

Liam: "They'll be right there, whenever you want to look at them."

Hope's eyes sear through him as she watches him moving the items to a different room and damn, Annika was so good here. You could feel the anger through the screen. I honestly thought she was going to attack him like the mama lioness she is.

DwaVhJoWoAAkqLG.jpg

Brooke, sensing the couple needs some time alone, decides to head out, but asks if she should call Hope's sister and brothers.

DweWjD0UwAILjyZ.jpg

Hope is grateful: "Could you?"

Brooke assures her she will and will tell them that Hope needs some time to process this alone. She then asks if she should call Wyatt for Liam and you can see the additional pain in Hope's eyes as she is struck afresh with the loss of her son and thinking herself to be a failure after two losses.

6B3VBIO4?format=jpg&name=600x314

It was barely a flicker but it was there as plain as day and Annika continues to astonish me.

Brooke leaves, saying she's making dinner at the main house and doesn't want any argument against this.

Again, I know Brooke means well and self-care is so important to Hope and Liam right now but if they don't want to leave their cabin, Hope especially, then that's their right.

We cut to Brooke, upstairs in her bedroom, and she is surprised to see Ridge has returned. He shares that he went to Steffy's and that Taylor was praying for her and Beth.

Brooke: "How did that go?"

Ridge: "They were shocked and they want to visit you...and Hope...but I told them not today."

Brooke is tearful as she remarks that Hope is blaming herself, even though it's not her fault.

Ridge: "It wasn't anyone's fault. She's young, she's strong. She and Liam can try again."

Brooke: "You plan so much around a child, even before it's born. You pick out names, you think about first birthdays, their schools, cute little clothes." She pauses, her voice catching: "You just try to figure out their life...and it's just...it's just empty." The tears are falling fast and furious now as Brooke finally lets her grief out. For her granddaughter, for her daughter, for the two babies she lost years ago with Ridge.

Ridge: "What can I do?"

Brooke: "Just hold me."

He does, taking her into his arms on the couch and OMG, are those tears in Ridge's eyes? Damn.

DwbFt7YUwAA6i8b.jpg

This storyline has me wishing they could bring back SK's Deacon to comfort his daughter.

DwawxAeXcAAcqYF.jpg

Back at the cabin, Hope is flying down. Liam asks Hope about her pain and whether she wants the pain pills Dr. F prescribed.

Hope: "No." She needs sleep, desperately, but doesn't want to try to numb that which is un-numbable.

Her voice catches as she tells Liam: "I can still feel her." 

Liam: "Maybe she just wasn't ready." She leans into him and he leans into her.

DwaWnADWwAENvb1.jpg

Hope nods the tiniest of nods: "She might have been too good for this world."

DwaWnBRXcAAXYVf.jpg

The tears threaten again as they move to hold each other.

Later, Liam: "I used to think that things happened for a reason, but...I can't say that about what happened."

Hope sits up: "Well then why then? Why?"

Hope2.thumb.jpg.32ca7c7b5b58db9fcf6d1ccb8100b621.jpg

Liam sits next to her on the couch. "I don't know..." 

Hope lays her head in Liam's lap and he strokes her shoulder and hair.

DweWkxYUwAAW08b.jpg

Liam, tearing up: "Maybe she just couldn't stay." She reaches up to take his hand, knowing he needs comfort, too.

DwbVCk0UYAAOZ66.jpg

Liam starts to say something about "next time," but Hope cuts him off immediately: "Liam...I really can't hear that right now"

Liam, gently: "You can't be afraid of that." He's right but can you blame her? Two losses? "We’re going to have a family. We’re going to have another child-"

DwbVDB4UYAAxeLj.jpg

He can feel, more than see, Hope tense at that. Liam: "And it’s not going to be to replace Beth, because that’s impossible." The sobs that he won't let out are burning his throat as he says:  "She’s our firstborn and we’re always going to remember her.."

Hope's eyes are closed as she murmurs: "I'm so grateful to have you, Liam."

DwbVDUhV4AE19nD.jpg

Liam: "I'm grateful to have you...I love you." 

Liam, fighting so hard against the tears: "I love you, too."

He bends down to hold her closer.

DwbVD2FVAAAHkV8.jpg

These two continue to amaze, wringing every.last.beat of this storyline for all they've got. I was especially moved by Annika, going from baby item to item, as that was so brutally heartbreakingly realistic.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17

At least we got a few anvils today that Dr. Shady has the baby; his being "shady" when Zoe asked to come & visit, & him telling Taylor that he needed to see her. I hope they were anvils, anyway. However, we need to see that baby, alive & kicking, literally. *Insert Cuba Gooding, Jrs. voice "show us the baby!"*

Why in the hell would Zoe & Zander, AKA zzzzzzzz, be at the service. They've known Hope & Liam for like 12 minutes. Weird. 

Also weird, when Hope was speaking about Beth, I was sobbing, as were most people in the room, & the actors who portray them, but not TK/Ridge. She might as well have been reading the stock report.

Also, also weird, that the service was held in the home of Quinn, who was with Hope the last time she miscarried (I know this was a stillbirth, but the loss of a child is what I meant), yet no mention of that baby at all, even privately. Plus, Wyatt was there, he knows what it's like to lose a child, even what it's like to lose a child with Hope, but, again, no mention. I realize that's because they don't want to show any flashbacks of KM, who portrayed Hope at the time, but still.

It still kinda freaks me out when Liam is so friendly & tolerating with Quinn, who kidnapped & raped him for weeks on end. I know she's changed, but still.

Nice of the show to let us glimpse at the couples that should be together, bonding together at this tragedy: Ridge & Taylor, & Brooke & Bill. Ridge was far more affectionate, rubbing Taylor's shoulders, than he was with Brooke, who lost a grandchild. I honestly used to really like him, the TK version, now, he can go suck an egg.

As awful as this story is, the acting is superb. Everyone is bringing their A game, including a much-toned-down Pam. I'm very partial, but I find DD's $Bill exceptional. He's so over-the-top, that when he's making an effort to be subtle, it's just so emotional. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Pickles said:

Maybe I am being ridiculous, but it is too sad.

Maybe I'm ridiculous too, but I totally agree, much too depressing for something that I watch to relax while I'm eating dinner.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I know Liam is grieving, too, but not seeing those things isn't going to diminish their pain

No, it won't diminish the pain, but for some people (I'm one of them) seeing reminders makes the pain worse.  Smaller scale, but my dog recently had surgery and I was scared of anesthesia affecting her, so I hid her bed, dishes, and toys, because in case anything happened to her I couldn't bear to look at her things.

If I were trying to help someone in Hope's situation, I'd probably make the same suggestion.  

• Love 8