Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

It takes some strong writing to make me feel sad for Steffy, but that is exactly how I felt today. She is so clearly over her mother's imaginings, and her fixation on Brooke and Hope. Taylor stood by and let her daughter be blackmailed, all the while shrieking about how she would never survive in prison. Here's the thing about that; if you don't want to be wearing orange, and you don't want to hear the clanking of a closing cell door, then don't shoot people. In the back or anywhere else. And frankly, I have serious doubts about Taylor's claims; I think she would do just fine in prison. Her special kind of crazy would certainly keep the prison's general population at bay. But seriously, this is the second time Taylor has made a daughter complicit in her crimes, and put them in terrible, untenable positions. Taylor came to see Steffy when Steffy was alone and down, and what did she do? Started ranting and raving, her bobble head wobbling around for all it's worth, as she pled her case to her distraught daughter. No motherly affection. No motherly hugs. No motherly love. Nope. ALL.ABOUT.TAYLOR. And now Steffy has ask one thing, and this wretched woman cannot do it. She doesn't have what it takes to get through one friggin afternoon. If she doesn't have the self control to keep her trap shut, and exhibit a little bit of class, and act like a lady for a few hours, then maybe she should be looking at a more permanent arraignment for her "therapy". 

Then, Steffy's sleazy father shows up. Could Ridge be any less anxious to see Taylor? He was so completely dismissive of Taylor when Steffy said he had just missed her. This also made me feel sad for her. Steffy is a shit. I don't like her one bit, but when it comes to kids and parents, I can separate my dislike. All kids, and I don't care how old they are, should always know their parents are there for them. Steffy has a mother who lives in the past, still fighting the battles she fought twenty or more years ago. Who possesses no hold on reality, and only loves her daughter for her ability to bring pain and unhappiness to Hope, and by extension, Brooke. Steffy's father talks a big game, but he doesn't give one rat's behind if Steffy marries Liam; he just doesn't want her with Bill, and at the moment, there is no other available male for Steffy. He is also disgustingly familiar with his daughter; leering, and talking about sex, and just being really, really, creepy. Yeah, I admit, I felt bad for Steffy today, because even though she had a steady stream of visitors, I don't think she has ever looked more alone. 

Wow, that was my hissing Brooke! I haven't seen her in so long I forgot how much I missed her. Taylor is such a fucking twat......I mean twit. I don't blame Brooke one bit for wanting to lay down the ground rules. And even though it was clear Taylor was gearing up for some serious Anti-Logan action, Brooke was still trying to keep it civil. It took Taylor pulling out The Guns of Navarone, her hatred of Brooke dissolving any chance of a level headed discussion, to push Brooke over her limit. I get so tired of hearing Taylor waxing on about her husband, and her children, and her family. Because, you know, the Forrester/Marone/Hayes family is not the only one ever known to exist. Or the only one to ever matter. Hey, you raving lunatic, Brooke had a family with Ridge too. Several times. But both times you returned from the dead you expected to pick up your life where you had left it. Expecting Ridge to walk away from Brooke and their family. Telegraphing with every fiber of your being that Ridge was cheapening himself by hanging with the Logan's. Of course, it wasn't as bad on your second return because Brooke had been raising your spawn. So please, stop with all this talk about how you raised your kids. Brooke acted as their mother for years, and frankly, I think her influence is the only thing that has made then even moderately normal. I think it is very fortunate for the TayTots that they had Brooke's influence through their formative years. God help us if it had been you, because then there would have been four to deal with. 

You probably get tired of hearing it but I love your comments.

I feel the same way about Hauxdilox.  Don't like her, never will.  I don't like people who hurt other people just because they can.  At least have a reason!

But it's hard not to feel sympathy for Steffy when you think about her parents.  Let's start with her daddy.  I don't know if it's an acting choice by TK but his Ridge acts more like Steffy's boyfriend than her dad.  Or, better yet, her pimp.  Ridge spends waaaaaaay too much time concerning himself with who is in his daughter's bed.  It's all about competition with Ridge and I can't help feeling that the reason Ridge doesn't want Bill to be Steffy's lover is because he CAN'T.  It's sick and creepy.  Ronnnnnnnnnnn Moss' Ridge was a much better parent, even if he was a crap actor.

Taylor Hayes is a different story.  For decades we've been told that Taylor is the 'classy' one.  But just like her running buddy, Stephanie Forrester (who double-dipped two men, got knocked up,bought herself a husband with daddy's money and was ready to brawl like a lowdown bum any time someone crossed her), 'classy' isn't the word that comes to mind.  Would a 'classy' woman use her profession as a psychiatrist to manipulate people?  Stephanie and Taylor slut-shamed Brooke for decades but it wasn't really about sex.  It was about class.  Both Stephanie and Taylor thought they were better than Brooke, because she was working class.  They hated Brooke because men found Brooke sexually desirable.  I don't think any men were really hot for Taylor.  They wanted to possess her because she was presented as such a prize.  The reality was different.

If you compare Taylor and Brooke's scorecards when it comes to men, you can see that Taylor didn't spend a lot of nights reading Proust.  Taylor used to sneer that Brooke slept through a family but Ms. Taylor slept through two.  What kind of person fucks the brother and the SON of your sworn enemy?  And lets not forget all the men Doc picked up on the nights she went trolling LA's bars.

We're always told that Hope is the one who has to live down her mother's reputation but Brooke's been a good mother to her.  Steffy is the one with mother issues.  When Taylor disappeared TWICE, Brooke stepped in and helped Ridge raise his children.  They did a pretty good job until Taylor came back from the dead.  A good mother would have done her best to make the transition easy for her children but the renowned psychiatrist didn't hesitate to enlist her children in her war against the Logans, turning them against a woman they cared for.   I don't know if Steffy would be the hateful slattern she is if Taylor hadn't come back.  Would Steffy have become Hauxdilox, dedicating her life to breaking up relationships? 

Some people are complaining about yet another Logan wedding, where all the Logan women get together and giggle while they help the bride get ready.  But Steffy has never had that.  Steffy doesn't have any female friends or relatives to share important moments.  Her twin sister is gone and practically forgotten.  PBG should have been named Phoebe, instead of Kelly in yet another attempt to manipulate Liam back to her.  Steffy killed one of her cousins and drove the other to another hemisphere.  All Steffy has is her mother, who was willing to sacrifice her daughter to save her own ass.  That's class?  I agree with @RuntheTable.  Taylor Hayes doesn't have anything to fear about prison.  A woman as sick, violent and hateful as she is will be running the joint in no time.  Say what you will about Brooke, but she's never drunkenly run over a woman and left her to die on the side of the road.  Or shot a man in the back and run off to let others go to jail in her place.

In the past Taylor Hayes got away with a lot because of HT's appearance.  Her low-rent Vivian Leigh looks made a lot of people think she was 'regal', even though Vivian Leigh wasn't all that classy,  But those looks are gone now.  Taylor Hayes isn't being trashed.  She's being REVEALED for who she REALLY is. 

• Love 13

Taylor died twice.  Taylor's children weren't born until after she died the first time.  Eric slept with Beth and her two daughters.  Eric and Thorne constantly date Ridge's exes.  Why are the women the only ones who get dragged for this?  If Taylor, Brooke, and Stephanie wanted to waste their lives on these pathetic men, that was their stupid choose to make.  However, what Brooke did to Bridget (twice), and what Taylor did to Darla was unforgivable.  It's to bad Taylor didn't kill Brooke.  If they are going to have Taylor running around shooting people in the back, then at least make it useful.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

If you compare Taylor and Brooke's scorecards when it comes to men, you can see that Taylor didn't spend a lot of nights reading Proust.  Taylor used to sneer that Brooke slept through a family but Ms. Taylor slept through two.  What kind of person fucks the brother and the SON of your sworn enemy?  And lets not forget all the men Doc picked up on the nights she went trolling LA's bars.

Taylor was also involved with Stephen (Brooke's dad)

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

However, what Brooke did to Bridget (twice), and what Taylor did to Darla was unforgivable. 

Brooke sleeping with Nick was bad because Bridget loved him. Brooke sleeping with Deacon was stupid but in the long run, Bridget's marriage to him was so random and she never looked back with regret when she left him (unlike Nick). However Bridget forgave her mother eventually, so she was able to move on from there. Because Bridget loves her mother.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Brooke sleeping with Nick was bad because Bridget loved him. Brooke sleeping with Deacon was stupid but in the long run, Bridget's marriage to him was so random and she never looked back with regret when she left him (unlike Nick). However Bridget forgave her mother eventually, so she was able to move on from there. Because Bridget loves her mother.

Brooke is a backstabbing whore.  Bridget loved Deacon, and was devastated by what Brooke and Deacon did to her.  Bridget got bullied into forgiving Brooke.  If Bridget loves her mother, it's because Bridget is a saint.  Brooke doesn't deserve Bridget's love.  She has been a horrible mother to Bridget.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

You probably get tired of hearing it but I love your comments.

Thank you @mightysparrow; I enjoy your comments as well! 

When it comes to Taylor it is so easy, you know? What I disliked so much about Taylor, particularly in the early years, was how she let everyone else do the heavy lifting, while she reaped the benefits, and most importantly, kept her halo nice and shiny. She was involved in, or knew about, so many plots and machinations designed to hurt Brooke. She would give those big, beautiful doe eyes of innocence, and lay voice to how maybe you shouldn't do that, all the while exploding with happiness inside. She was subversive and just a sneaky little snake. I have always believed that is why Taylor's betrayal crushed Ridge far more than anything Brooke had done, or could ever do. Ridge bought into Taylor's game; her twinkling halo had blinded Ridge for years, and when that blinding light went out, he saw her for what she really was. 

It was never like that with Brooke. He always knew who Brooke was. Brooke fought her own battles, and yeah, she fucked up a lot, but I would much rather a person be in your face about it, than let their henchman-in-law act as their enforcer. There is no way to fairly fight that. Stephanie and Taylor were two sick, twisted bitches, who woke up each day with renewed determination to hurt Brooke, and set to work with vigor and glee. God, how I hated them. 

Taylor today? Geez, what a train wreck. If it were anyone else I think I would feel sorry for them. Taylor has been exposed as the fraud that she has always been, because she no longer has Stephanie's protection zone. Their is no longer any cushion between reality and her Brooke obsession, and it has driven her over the edge because she no longer has any support, and can't have afternoon Bash Brooke Tea with mommy-in-law. Brooke didn't steal Ridge from Taylor, she lost him all on her own. Ridge weighed his options of living with a shrieking harpy who would question his every waking moment, or the soft, silky, loving, and very giving Goddess From the Valley. And the proof is in the pudding. Through all this turmoil, Brooke has still supported Steffy, and has been sweet, and understanding with Ridge, never wanting him to be upset. Taylor, OTOH, would have been all up in Ridge's face, shouting about "WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!" As much as I hate Bridge, I can't say Ridge made the wrong decision. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

Taylor was also involved with Stephen (Brooke's dad)

Bridgette and Deacon were a dumpster fire from the very beginning.  Deacon wanted to punish Bridgette's family for treating him like dirt.  Which is why Deacon chose to broadcast Bridgette's first sexual experience to her nearest and dearest.  Bridgette was totally dickmatized and married a man she had no business shaking hands with.  What Brooke did to Bridgette was horrible but she and Deacon were better suited anyway.  Which is why their scenes together were smoking hot.  I wasn't watching during the Nick years so I can't talk about that.

I find it funny that folks have a hard time accepting that Bridgette forgave her mother.  After all, it's not like Brooke killed anybody.  Oh wait, that would be Taylor.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

I wasn't watching during the Nick years so I can't talk about that.

Oh, I can!

It was a completely stupid idea on the part of the writers to ever go there, either. Even apart from Deacon there was that stupid ass shit with Ridge that was in recent memory (in fact, Nick and Bridget had just started dating, unbeknownst to anyone when Amber went full Sheila with that mineshaft plot to set her and Ridge up!)...I don't know why they would have Bridget date another one of Brooke's exes, even one that she was very clearly over at the time.

The show made reference to both of these things repeatedly leading up to their first wedding--the one where newly returned from the dead Taylor crashed--where Brooke asks Nick, "Hey dude, wtf?" And yet....*sigh*

All that being said, the story of Brooke and Nick betraying Bridget is 100x worse than Breacon. Deacon and Bridget were doomed no matter what and she wasn't even all that shocked apart from who the other woman was. But Nick was fully aware of that sorted history, came to adore Hope, care for Brooke the best of any love interest she's had before or especially since and knew how this affected Bridget.

By the time he fucked Katie, I was long over any respect I had for his character and I'm never been so glad to see a character get cucked, Liam included, as I was when Owen knocked Bridget up. SAAAAAAWK EEEEEET.

Um. Yeah.

I have a lot of thoughts. 

I find it funny that folks have a hard time accepting that Bridgette forgave her mother.  After all, it's not like Brooke killed anybody.  Oh wait, that would be Taylor.

To be entirely fair to @TigerLynx 's comment, there was some arm twisting by Eric to get Bridget to forgive Brooke after some medical crisis...? It wasn't the Sheila shooting because Eric didn't know then, but it did smack of "But, it's your mom!"

Still, Brooke at least has some gumption to feel guilty about her shit. Does Taylor even blame herself for why Phoebe went off on Rick and got in that accident? Does she think that, were not for their secret affair that she wouldn't have been nearly as livid when he went after Steffy? How much thought did she give to Aly's feelings about going through with marrying Thorne after she mowed down her mother, on her birthday no less?

Yeah.

As was pointed out, Taylor has no one fighting her battles. Ridge isn't even giving her the time of day anymore, Stephanie's gone and Eric's moved on to the one woman more nutty than she. The only "weapons" she has at her disposal are her remaining two children, but Thomas is over the Forrester name and Steffy is done with dredging up past battles as she raises and wants better for her infant daughter than she got. I really wish I could take that at face value as a true turning point for Steffy, but it's Stephanie Forrester Spencer Spencer Spencer Spencer we're talking about here.

At any rate, Taylor is no threat to anyone. Not even to Brooke.

4366c59d-8c43-4fb9-ac4e-2859203a2b47.thumb.jpg.98a9b1437e6833f409712baa103aa111.jpg

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

At any rate, Taylor is no threat to anyone. Not even to Brooke.

I predict gunplay at this wedding. Too many sweeping "inspirational" speeches, swelling music , too much talk about this wedding uniting the families and bringing peace to the Middle East. Weeks of this, mentions of unseen babies and sacrifices. I predict Taylor shoots for Hope, and hits St Steffy. Not a fatal wound of course, but enough to cancel the wedding, get Liam squinting and weeping at Steffy's bedside totally ignoring his Destiny, Hope and their Precious Innocent Baby on the way.  Maybe Hope exits to Europe, maybe she loses the baby, maybe Ridge takes a shower. But i definitely predict some Dr Lips instigated tragedy at this Royal Wedding

• Love 7

So, I am looking at Instagram and one of the sites I follow posts this little blurb:

"A special weekend all the way around. @annikanoelle came to visit"

This is a group based out of CA called Maryleysmutts; they have a rescue ranch for all manner of animals, and take on some really tough and heartbreaking cases. I don't follow Annika, so I went over to her page, and the very first entry is "animal lover". 

As of this post; Annika is A OK with me. 

• Love 15

You better believe I'm recapping Friday's show, especially the Brooke/Taylor showdown (and the short version of that is that Taylor shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight).

But we'll get to that a little later.

We open at Brooke's place and it's clear she is not happy that Hope invited not just Steffy but cray-cray Taylor to the wedding. I'm Team Brooke here. With very, very few exceptions, exes and weddings don't mix.

Hope: "I'm not telling Steffy I changed my mind."

Brooke: "Why not?"

Hope: "Because I haven't. And I want her at the wedding." OMG, why?

Brooke: "Honey, I understand what you're trying to do. You want to bring everybody together, and that's great. That is a worthy goal. But let's save that for a different day, okay? This is your wedding. We can't take any chances." I agree this is neither the time or the place but "we can't take any chances?" sounds just a wee bit desperate. Of course, we are talking about Waffles here.

Hope: "Steffy wants me to marry Liam." No, she doesn't. 

Brooke sighs: "That's fine. Maybe she does. But why invite her mother?" For comic relief? For the game of what procedure(s) has she done now? I could do this all day.

Hope: "Because she asked to bring someone and I don't want her to feel alone."

Brooke is exasperated at this: "Taylor is a loose cannon in the best of scenarios. And on your wedding day to Liam? That is a disaster waiting to happen. No. No. Taylor is not invited. In fact, neither is Steffy." Totally spot-on regarding the "loose cannon" description. Hope's expression is very much of the "digging in her heels" variety so Brooke lets it go - for now.

There's a quick scene at Brooke's cabin where Liam tells Hope that, unsurprisingly, Wyatt's going to be his best man.

Hope has some wedding news of her own and shares that she extended an invite to Steffy. Liam does not look thrilled.

Hope: "You think it was a mistake, don't you? Inviting Steffy to the wedding."

Liam: "N-no. No, not necessarily. I just... I'm trying to imagine how difficult that would be for her, having to sit and watch us exchange vows." At least she won't be trapped in a gondola. 

Hope: "No, I know. But maybe it will help us move forward. As a family. Together. You know, leaving the past where it belongs, and committing to a different future for our children. I mean, how great would that be? Our wedding is an opportunity for the three of us to show everyone -- you know, Logans, Spencers, Forresters -- that we can put aside our differences, the anger, the hurt feelings, and we can rise above. We are a family. Okay? We have to be. For Kelly. For our baby. And for Steffy to come to our wedding and to show her support, I mean, that's a huge step forward." Oh honey...I really wonder what it's like in that candy-colored world Hope lives in.

And I was SMH so hard to this:

It might be the last time Liam gets married this year but that's about it.

Over at the cliff house, Steffy is pleading with her mother to be her +1. I can't decide what to think about her hair. I mean, it's better than the Kabuki Queen crap she was sporting for more than a week but it just looks messy and not in that good bedhead way. 

Steffy: "Mom, can you do it? Come to Hope's wedding with me. Can you just be the rock I need?" Oh honey (yes, I said it again), Taylor can't be anything to anyone. She's far too into herself and always has been.

DkqZxQaUcAARiLI.jpg

Taylor isn't even listening as she starts ranting and raving: "The gall of that girl! Sweetheart, this is emotional abuse. It's sick. For her to sit there and expect you to have a smile on your face while she steals your husband-" LIAM IS NOT STEFFY'S HUSBAND!!!

Steffy: "He's not mine. Not anymore. You know, I don't ask you for much. But there are times when a girl needs her mother, even at my age, and this is one of those times. Can you just come with me to the wedding? Can you support me without causing a scene?" And I feel sorry for Steffy here because no, Taylor can't even do that much. The only real mothering Steffy ever had was from Brooke and the best thing that could have happened to Steffy and her siblings is if their biological mother would have kept right on taking that dirt nap.

Taylor: "Honey, on something like this, I don't know if I can." She's so fucking selfish and you can just see the hurt in Steffy's eyes but no hint of surprise. She's used to this by now but it still hurts all the same.

Steffy sighs, trying again to appeal to her mother to, you know, be a mother: "I know you're looking out for me. You want to defend me. But I don't need a defender. I need a mother." This, exactly.

Taylor: "Okay, sweetheart, you're a mother, and you need to fight for your daughter. You need to fight for the life you can give that little girl with two parents in the same house, like I wanted for you when you were growing up." Does this bitch have memory loss? Does she not remember that for the majority of the time she wasn't taking her dirt nap, she did have an intact family? Or that she broke up another family (Brooke/Ridge/Rick/Bridget) so she could have a happy little family for Thomas? Yes, Ridge chose to leave but Taylor was no innocent victim. She chose to lie about Thomas' paternity but of course, Brooke got blamed for the lie as well as the expectation that she should have told Ridge the truth when it was Taylor's truth to tell. Of course, we all know Ridge seizes upon the flimsiest of excuses to do whatever, whenever. And years later, she did it again with an assist from heart-attack-faking Stephanie, only this time  her children were GROWN and Brooke's family with Ridge had a very young child (RJ) in it. Ridge went along with it like he does (at least until he learned of the Big Bear Boink with James but she is just as culpable. 

Taylor's phone rings then and she stares down at it, gasping: "It's Brooke." 

Steffy stares at her mother in disbelief as she tells her to go ahead and take the call. Seriously, who's the mother and who's the daughter here?

Brooke tells Taylor she wants to see her and of course, Taylor is practically foaming at the mouth to head over there.

Steffy's not so sure about this: "Careful what you say to her. You know, better yet, you don't even have to go." She wouldn't miss a chance to proselityze like the fake saint she is for the world.

Taylor practically rubs her hands together: "Oh, no. Of course I do. This conversation is years in the making." And I'm sure you've been practicing just what you're going to say in your crazy little mind all this time. Freakshow.

Taylor departs and Ridge arrives a few minutes later and they continue their weird "two ships passing in the night" routine and does anyone else find it odd that in all this time of HTy appearances, she and TK still haven't had any scenes together? I guess they'll finally meet up at the wedding.

Ridge backs out of Kelly's room: "Okay. I'm gonna take off so you can have some time to yourself. I'll see you later."

Steffy: "Uh, my father oohs and ahhs over his granddaughter, and the minute she goes down for a nap, takes off. I see where I stand."

Ridge: "Are you kidding me right now?" He laughs. "I want to make sure you get some rest. I remember what it was like when you were born. Your mom and I, we'd fall asleep in the middle of a conversation." No shocker there considering how boring both are. "But then again, we had twins, and Thomas was running around, so... this is a lot easier. I'm kidding. Are you with me at all? Hey?" Steffy has totally tuned him out and it's kind of hilarious.

Steffy: "Yeah, no, I -- sorry. I just -- I have a lot on my mind."

Ridge: "Like an upcoming wedding?"

Steffy: "That, and, um... well, you mentioned Mom. I'm worried about her." And rightfully so.

Ridge: "Why? What -- is she still in LA?" 

Steffy: "Yeah, she is. In fact, you just missed her." A fact that he could not care less about.

Ridge: "Oh. All right. Why are you worried about her?" Um, you were married to the trainwreck. 

Steffy: "Because she could be walking into a disaster." I'd say Taylor is a walking disaster.

She fills him in on Hope inviting her to the wedding and okaying her bringing Taylor as her guest. Ridge is immediately concerned as well he should be. 

Steffy: "Well, Mom wasn't too thrilled about it."

Ridge: "Of course she's not thrilled about it. Is that where she is now? She went to Brooke's because of that?"

Steffy: "No, Brooke called and asked her to come over."

Ridge, sputters: "Why? Why?"

Steffy: "I don't know. I'm assuming that Hope told Brooke to put us on the list."

Ridge, scoffing: "And I know Brooke wouldn't have been happy about it." Duh! "No. This is -- this is, uh -- this is not good. None of this is good."

Steffy is just over it: "Okay. Brooke and Mom can argue if they want. Hope's having her wedding, and she wants me there. Okay."

Ridge: "What do you want?"

Steffy: "I just want to include Mom."

DkvfUtcXoAAY3ec.jpg

And that's so sad that she can't really include her because Taylor always has to make everything about her, instead of being there for her daughter. I mean, this is the same woman who thought nothing of sleeping with her other daughter's former boyfriend or getting shitfaced and mowing down Darla. 

Ridge: "Okay. No, that's nice. What about her? You think she wants to sit there and see another Logan happily ever after? Probably not."

Steffy: "I mean, yeah, it's gonna be tough. But you know what else she'll see? And Brooke? Hope and I coming together and putting our children first."

Ridge: "That sounds sweet. You and Hope, you can work it out. Very nice. It's gonna be at your expense, and I'm not gonna let that happen." It's not up to you, nimrod!

Steffy sighs: "That's exactly how Mom feels."

Ridge: "Of course it is. She's protective of you." 

Steffy: "Almost too protective." A nod to whackadoo Taylor shooting Bill in the back.

Ridge: "What does that mean, "too protective"? No, that's what parents do. You're gonna see that yourself. You're gonna do whatever you can to make your child happy." Really? Is that what you told RJ when you abandoned him after reuniting with Taylor not once (fake heart attack) but twice (the Berry Island boink that wasn't lie orchestrated by both Taylor and Stephanie). 

Steffy: "That's what I'm afraid of. I don't even want to think about what Mom's saying to Brooke." Read that again. She's worried about what her own mother is saying to Brooke. Not the other way around. Interesting. Very interesting.

Later, Ridge gestures to the ginormous Steamless portrait still hanging on the wall.

Ridge: "You think that's a good idea? Having that thing looming over you? Reminding you of what used to be."

Steffy shrugs: "I think it's what's best for Kelly. And like you said, a parent will do anything, right?" A good parent will.

Ridge: "Yeah. But I also said not at your expense." He looks more closely at her. "You okay?"

Steffy: "No, Dad. How can I be? I had the life I always wanted. The life I fought so hard for." She sighs. "But there are consequences to our actions. Mine is losing Liam. Living without the father of my child for the rest of my life. But Kelly will grow up with this picture and know that she came from something beautiful. It'll never cross her mind to feel sorry for me. Because I don't. I won'r. Not when I have something so much more important to feel. I have to focus on Kelly. I got to focus on her future. I'm her mother. She's gonna look up to me. And you can be damn sure I'll give her something worthy to look up to." And was it just me or did I sense that Steffy couldn't look up to Taylor one iota then or now.

Ridge gives this big, long sigh and seriously, stifle yourself.

Steffy: "No more begging for Liam. No more wondering if I'm the woman for him. He's marrying Hope. He's where he needs to be. How can I claim to love him if I can't find happiness in that?"

Ridge: "So you're gonna do this, huh? You're gonna go to the wedding?" Yes and act like a grown up instead of punching Hope out and dragging Liam off by the hand like a certain Neanderthal I know and loathe.

Steffy: "For Kelly, I can do anything." While I don't buy this "I Am Woman" crap from Steffy in the slightest, I do believe she loves her daughter and wants better for her than what she had. 

And finally, the moment has arrived.

giphy.gif

Because Taylor has arrived at Brooke's.

Brooke: "Thanks for coming over."

Taylor is already testy: "Certainly. I was visiting my granddaughter when you called." And notice how she throws that out there, like a challenge. So much for the doting grandmother. A barracuda would show more warmth.

Brooke strives to find common ground: "Isn't she the most beautiful thing?"

Taylor: "Yes, she is. That's why I'm glad we're doing this over here, because I don't want to disturb her." Bitch, don't even!

Brooke: "Disturb her? Why would you say that?"

Taylor: "Come on, Brooke. You know where this is headed. Even babies pick up on toxic energy." Does she seriously think Brooke would throw down in front of Kelly? We all know cray-cray would in a NY minute. 

Brooke: "There's nothing toxic about this. I just wanted to talk to you."

Taylor: "No. To argue. Because we don't see eye to eye on anything. Starting with this adulterous wedding you're planning." ADULTEROUS? ADULTEROUS???

First of all, a married person cannot marry someone else. Well, I guess if you're that creep Kody out in Vegas or wherever he and his harem are living now, you can, but that's called bigamy from where I come from. But there is no adultery here. Liam - single. Hope - single. The only adultery that's taken place in all of this is the night Steffy rode Bill like she was employed by the Pony Express. We can debate all day long about whether or not Liam was still married (on paper anyways) the night Hope got pregnant but IMO, Liam's marriage was OVER the day he found that paternity test and left his slattern wife crying on the sidewalk. And certainly the annulment papers have long since filed. 

Also, someone who committed the act of adultery, to devirginize her former mentor, shouldn't go around throwing stones. So STFU, Taylor!

Brooke feels a migraine coming on as would I: "Okay." She sighs. "Maybe this was a mistake."

Taylor: "You're damn right it is. Encouraging your daughter to go after a married man? Yeah, I would call that a mistake. And it's disgusting." Bitch, that is not what you meant and again, for the nine hundredth time. LIAM IS AND WAS NOT MARRIED!

Brooke, like Taylor's five. "Inviting you here, I mean. If we can't have a civil conversation for once." 

Taylor, up on her high horse now, "Honestly, none of this even surprises me. Hope is the daughter of Deacon Sharpe, the man you had an affair with after you stole my husband. She had a primo example."

latest?cb=20140307035420

Someone needs to hold my earrings and pass me some Vaseline because this plastic bitch is about to get fucked up.

How dare she cast shade on Hope who was INNOCENT in all of that. Contrast that with her own daughter who fucked her own father-in-law and this after having an emotional affair for weeks and then lied about it and would have gone on lying, forever, if Liam hadn't found the paternity test results she so blithely stashed in her purse. And again, when Taylor can unfuck James' dick or Rick's or Blake's (the last dick she fucked within hours of fucking Ridge's), then she can talk. Now, she was single and Rick was single at the time but (1) he had just recently broken up with her daughter and he was Phoebe's first love and (2) he was the son of her rival. So all her whining about how Brooke could do that to Bridget (and OF COURSE the affair with Deacon was terrible and all kinds of fucked up- no doubt about it) is such a joke when Taylor has ZERO leg to stand on when she could and did that to Phoebe which was, in part, responsible for Phoebe's death. And she wasn't married to Ridge when she slept with Blake but they were involved. Add in all the men she met in bars and brought home without even knowing their names when she has the audacity to echo Stephanie's "slut of the valley" stance and the hypocrisy mounts. Both women did wrong but one gets routinely called out on the carpet and borderline slut-shamed while the other remains on her pedestal and dares to stand in judgment of others. And was aided and abetted by a bitter old hag whom she'd always beg to "Do, somethingggggg!" I really do hate this bitch. 

Brooke: "How dare you!"

Taylor: "How dare Hope! She's the carbon copy of you. And if you think I'm going to take any more of your abuse, you've got another thing coming." Abuse? What the fuck is she talking about???

Brooke: "Can we just start over? I really do want to." Don't try to reason with crazy, Brooke.

Taylor: "Sure. Sure. Let's do start over and go back to when my children were young, and you were throwing yourself at their father. My husband, Ridge." Oh yes because Ridge is totally blameless here. He never tried to interfere in any of Brooke's relationships aka her attempts to move on. Su-ure...But as we all know, the men never get any of the blame. 

Brooke: "All right. This really isn't productive. If you're too stuck in the past-" Brooke, Taylor is never gonna make like Elsa and "let it go."

Taylor: "No, no, no. I was not stuck in the past. I moved on completely. But you seem to have taken that to mean I was a doormat and if you think I'm going to stand by and allow you to step on my daughter, think again." Um, honey, no one believes you've moved on. 

Brooke: "Liam chose to make a family with Hope. And there's not much that any of us can do about that." Much as I would wish otherwise for my daughter.

Taylor: "Like the family he has with Steffy?"

Brooke: "One that will last." Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure of that. "Look, you and I have been through so much with Ridge through the years, you would think that we would understand the situation that Liam is in. We need to support his decision."

Taylor: "Exactly. But it was a decision he only made because Steffy took herself out of the equation. And this isn't you showing support. This is you power-tripping because you want to micromanage this wedding plan." And if the shoe were on the other foot???

Brooke: "I am not going to apologize for putting together a wedding for two people that should have been married a long time ago." Fair point.

Taylor: "But they already were, and it didn't work, did it?" Also a fair point. Dammit! "So now you want to throw together another one for a repeat disaster to show support? That doesn't even make sense. Good grief, at least encourage counseling or something." I snort-laughed at the counseling. From who? You? No thank, Tayquacky. Seeing how she "counseled" a grieving Ridge after Caroline I died, I know all I need to about her skills (or lack thereof) in that department.

Brooke: "They don't need counseling. They need their life back. They need their marriage back. The life that Steffy stole from them."

Taylor: "Oh!" Nice comeback.

Brooke: "Well, I -- I don't expect you to understand this. But Steffy does. That's why she wants them together. And my daughter, my very sweet, thoughtful, caring daughter, who always thinks of other people first, wants Steffy to be there. Because she believes that if Steffy's there at the wedding, it will bring peace to everybody."

Taylor: "And for the life of me, I don't know why Steffy thinks the same thing. But she's agreed to be there, so..."

Brooke: "You know what? She doesn't have to be there. In fact, I think it would be better if both of you just stayed away. Oh honey...(yes, I've oh honey-ed a lot today), don't you know you just threw raw meat in front of the lion?

Taylor: "Excuse me?"

Brooke: "Well, yeah. I mean, think about it. It's not going to bring peace to the family. It's going to bring anxiety. I mean, if Steffy's there at the wedding, everybody's gonna feel really uncomfortable. And you -- you, Taylor, you can't even control yourself." LMFAO!

Taylor: "That's just rude." Truth hurt?

Brooke: "Well, it's true." Ha! "And you're gonna say something or do something to destroy their wedding. You're gonna make a scene. And I'm not gonna have that. So do the right thing. Convince your daughter to stay away." Fat chance of that now.

Taylor: "I don't know which one I find more appalling -- that Hope thinks Steffy should come to the wedding, or that you think it's okay to disinvite her." Well, goodness knows you can't deal with not being to play the victim in every situation ever.

Brooke: "If Steffy wants to be there, then fine. But why would she want to? Why would she want to watch Liam and Hope express their love for each other, say their vows to each other? And why would you want to see her suffer through that?" 

Taylor: "Well, I don't know. Hope is the one who convinced Steffy, and now Steffy thinks it's necessary." See? Raw meat!

Brooke: "It's going to be heartbreaking. Very painful for her. You're a psychiatrist. I shouldn't have to explain that to you." Um, I think she got her degree out of a Cracker Jack box. 

Taylor: "And I shouldn't have to explain to you why this wedding shouldn't be happening in the first place. It's all because of Bill and his lies and his manipulations of Steffy and Liam. Otherwise, they wouldn't even be apart." That old hat again? Also, I wouldn't be bringing up Bill's lies and manipulations that you clearly supported when they benefited Steffy's pursuit of Liam all those years ago.

Brooke: "It doesn't do any good wondering about the "what ifs." The fact is, Liam chose Hope, and none of us can be negative about that, Taylor." Um, have you met, Taylor, Brooke? She makes Eeyore sound Jessie Spano levels of excited.

Taylor: "Okay, so you would be all rainbows and unicorns if this whole thing were reversed?" No, but she'd do a better job faking it than you are right now.

Brooke: "Okay, that attitude, that tone, that is exactly why you and Steffy can't come to the wedding." Again, stop waving the red meat, Brooke.

Taylor scoffs and waves her trump card right back: "No, your daughter invited us. We're going to be there. And Liam can just be there, looking at Steffy, being aware that the mother of his little girl is standing there, watching him making the biggest mistake of his life." Sounds like someone has been rehearsing. 

Brooke: "Oh, my God. I know what you're doing. You want to risk Steffy being in pain so that Liam will notice, and he will become so uncomfortable that he may just call off the wedding. That is what you're doing, isn't it?" She doesn't care what havoc and heartbreak she wreaks so long as a Logan (or two) goes down.

Taylor: "My daughter is already in pain!" And that's 100% on her and her spread 'em like mayo thighs. "And if you think I'm going to let history repeat itself, you're wrong. Put down two more. Count us confirmed. And we'll just have to see if Liam can make it through the "I dos" or not." I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope he can and does and without any conflict in his eyes. 

Brooke is steely-eyed: "Don't even think about doing anything to disrupt it."

Taylor: "I won't have to. Liam's conscience will." Does he have one of those?

Brooke: "Liam loves Hope. He's having a baby with her. A sweet, innocent child. And, yes, he has a family with Steffy. But he's going to respect that, and he's going to take good care of them. But the truth is, Taylor, he chose my daughter. My daughter. Not yours. And that is something that you're gonna have to deal with, something that you're gonna have to accept. Don't you dare do anything to interfere in their special day!"

They end in a stare-off and I just cannot with HTy's Joker lips. 

Bitch is going down.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 14

I just saw the commercial for this week's episodes featuring the Lope wedding and Hope is wearing the same wedding gown from her recent failed attempt to marry Liam!  Show can't spring for a new dress?  That dress seems to contain a whole lot of bad karma!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Things We've Heard 436757656324 Times:

Brooke: "Oh, honey, I can't believe you and Liam are finally getting married!" 

Hurl.

No kidding. You'd think just once, they'd elope and just do the reception afterwards.

• Love 6

Hearing TayTay accuse Brooke of living in the past was pure comedy gold.  Doc is definitely living in the past.  On another planet.  Back when she had a FACE.

I love Hope but she was an idiot to invite Hauxdilox to her wedding.  Hope's given Hauxdilox the opportunity to make the day ALL ABOUT HER.  Joan of Arc was never as saintly as St. Hauxdilox of LA, patron saint of all slatterns was today.  By the time the wedding is over, a celestial choir will be singing St. Hauxdilox' praises.

Poor Liam must have been wishing he'd had a metal detector installed in the cabin when TayTay swooped down.  He knows that she isn't above busting a cap in somebody's ass if the mood takes her.  He's just lucky she wasn't driving.

I've heard that Taylor and Ridge was the love story of the ages but it seems that Ridge barely remembers who Taylor is.  It could be that he doesn't recognize her after all her trips to the drive-thru plastic surgeon.  With all their talk about how much Liam and Steffy love each other, Ridge and Taylor should remember that they got over each other quite easily.

The costume department really hates JMW.  They not only did her hair THAT WAY, they put her in a dress almost the exact same colour as KKL's.  The comparison doesn't favour JMW.

@CountryGirl, I'm REALLY looking forward to your recaps this week!!!

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Poor Liam must have been wishing he'd had a metal detector installed in the cabin when TayTay swooped down.  He knows that she isn't above busting a cap in somebody's ass if the mood takes her.  He's just lucky she wasn't driving.

Didn't Steffy also do a drop by at the cottage Liam was staying in right before a Lope wedding and Hope swung by at Quinn's manipulating to see Steffy there? 

At least Taylor didn't resort to arranging for a happy accident of Hope finding Liam with Steffy. Although Steffy bringing Kelly by to wish her daddy luck would've been an odd but not wholly unreasonable thing. When's the last time he's seen her? Now that would've been an interesting twist. Hope couldn't exactly take up an issue with Steffy bringing Kelly to see her father.

So with this marriage Will is Liam's brother and cousin-in-law and Hope is his cousin and sister-in-law. 

• Love 4

Why couldn't Sludge just had been Steffy's +1? It wasn't like he was playing proud stepfather, giving away the bride or acting like a gracious host. He still could have stood in the corner and sulked but at least he would be there for Steffy. Actually, Steffy seemed to be doing quite well with the laughing and chatting with the other guests.

I have an issue of JMW's ever-changing hairstyles. First, it's unrealistic. Also, I have read stories in the past where Bell & Co. threw an absolute fit if any of the actresses changed their hair. The first example was when KKL showed up with that pixie cut back in the Brooke's Bedroom days. I also read that Susan Flannery had to fight tooth and nail to be allowed to wear her natural silver cropped hair as opposed to that hideous platinum wig every day and she looked 1000x better with out it.  So why does JMW get a pass to show up every day with a completely different hairstyle? I didn't like her hairstyle, wig or whatever is was, today, either. It was very harsh and severe. I thought she looked her best back in the Statt days when it was about shoulder length, wavy and lighter in color. That heavy black color ages her terribly. Her dress looked like a prom dress. 

I loved Brooke's dress and Taylor wearing black to the wedding. LOL! Indeed, Taylor and Ridge looked like they barely knew each other. 

• Love 6

I've heard that Taylor and Ridge was the love story of the ages but it seems that Ridge barely remembers who Taylor is.

If you watch the Tridge Restoration clips on YouTube, it's like they are two different people, and I'm not talking about Hunter Tylo's face or that TK is now playing Ridge instead of Ronn Moss.  I don't know why Brad Bell brought Taylor back from the dead.  I know he can't write anything except triangles and women fighting over men, but he didn't need Taylor for that.

JMW did a good job of selling Steffy not wanting to deal with Taylor's whatever the hell she is supposed to be here for, and while I haven't thought much of AN's acting up to this point, there was a moment when she was talking to Brooke about Steffy and Taylor coming to the wedding that it was liked it dawned on Hope this isn't about her at all.  It's not really Hope's wedding Brooke is planning, it's Brooke's.  Once again, Taylor and Brooke make everything about themselves.  Ridge, Taylor and Brooke deserve each other, but I don't know what the loyal fans of B&B have done to deserve having these three morons back on screen all the time.  That's cruel and unusual punishment.

• Love 1

"Steal"? Like Liam is a non-sentient, inanimate object with no personal agency? Oh, wait..

Heh, looked to me like Steffy was planning to go turn some tricks after the wedding. What was up with that trashy dress?

I didn't realize Quinn and Taylor had never met before.

Yeah, I'm tired of hearing Liam call things a "blessing." In his mind a blessing is whatever crap Hope and Steffy let him get away with. Nothing about his perpetual waffling is holy, IMO.

Dayum, Brooke will cut a bish if she ruins Hope's wedding. She's probably got a switchblade taped to her thigh under her dress.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I've heard that Taylor and Ridge was the love story of the ages but it seems that Ridge barely remembers who Taylor is. 

Right? They had four continuous years of marriage, three children in two years, and I know some Brooke fans were salty about them getting that peace to be a real relationship ten years ago...but today? I wouldn't say Brooke "won" because Sludge is...Sludge, but she has the love of her children, her 2--maybe soon to be 3--grandchildren and a life free from Stephanie.

Taylor: what does she have? She doesn't even have Steffy joining in on the Evil Logan tirade for the time being. FFS, she can't even be assed to support her only remaining daughter for a few measley hours but she wants to slam Brooke?

This is why that while can't say Brooke doesn't royally irk me from never learning anything that I will always cheer for her over Taylor, who has the self-reflection of a walnut...or a waffle.

Hey, maybe Bell will crib from Y&R and have Taylor try to show Hope how untrustworthy Liam is by trying to seduce him! And then Steffy in her rage tosses both herself and Taylor off the cliff! Two birds with one stone!

• Love 5

Lawrence Saint Victor must be so embarrassed that he has to perform these weddings. He is the token guy who out lasted the rest. Meanwhile, you have SC on day after day after day.

19 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

You better believe I'm recapping Friday's show, especially the Brooke/Taylor showdown (and the short version of that is that Taylor shouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight).

But we'll get to that a little later.

We open at Brooke's place and it's clear she is not happy that Hope invited not just Steffy but cray-cray Taylor to the wedding. I'm Team Brooke here. With very, very few exceptions, exes and weddings don't mix.

Hope: "I'm not telling Steffy I changed my mind."

Brooke: "Why not?"

Hope: "Because I haven't. And I want her at the wedding." OMG, why?

Brooke: "Honey, I understand what you're trying to do. You want to bring everybody together, and that's great. That is a worthy goal. But let's save that for a different day, okay? This is your wedding. We can't take any chances." I agree this is neither the time or the place but "we can't take any chances?" sounds just a wee bit desperate. Of course, we are talking about Waffles here.

Hope: "Steffy wants me to marry Liam." No, she doesn't. 

Brooke sighs: "That's fine. Maybe she does. But why invite her mother?" For comic relief? For the game of what procedure(s) has she done now? I could do this all day.

Hope: "Because she asked to bring someone and I don't want her to feel alone."

Brooke is exasperated at this: "Taylor is a loose cannon in the best of scenarios. And on your wedding day to Liam? That is a disaster waiting to happen. No. No. Taylor is not invited. In fact, neither is Steffy." Totally spot-on regarding the "loose cannon" description. Hope's expression is very much of the "digging in her heels" variety so Brooke lets it go - for now.

There's a quick scene at Brooke's cabin where Liam tells Hope that, unsurprisingly, Wyatt's going to be his best man.

Hope has some wedding news of her own and shares that she extended an invite to Steffy. Liam does not look thrilled.

Hope: "You think it was a mistake, don't you? Inviting Steffy to the wedding."

Liam: "N-no. No, not necessarily. I just... I'm trying to imagine how difficult that would be for her, having to sit and watch us exchange vows." At least she won't be trapped in a gondola. 

Hope: "No, I know. But maybe it will help us move forward. As a family. Together. You know, leaving the past where it belongs, and committing to a different future for our children. I mean, how great would that be? Our wedding is an opportunity for the three of us to show everyone -- you know, Logans, Spencers, Forresters -- that we can put aside our differences, the anger, the hurt feelings, and we can rise above. We are a family. Okay? We have to be. For Kelly. For our baby. And for Steffy to come to our wedding and to show her support, I mean, that's a huge step forward." Oh honey...I really wonder what it's like in that candy-colored world Hope lives in.

And I was SMH so hard to this:

It might be the last time Liam gets married this year but that's about it.

Over at the cliff house, Steffy is pleading with her mother to be her +1. I can't decide what to think about her hair. I mean, it's better than the Kabuki Queen crap she was sporting for more than a week but it just looks messy and not in that good bedhead way. 

Steffy: "Mom, can you do it? Come to Hope's wedding with me. Can you just be the rock I need?" Oh honey (yes, I said it again), Taylor can't be anything to anyone. She's far too into herself and always has been.

DkqZxQaUcAARiLI.jpg

Taylor isn't even listening as she starts ranting and raving: "The gall of that girl! Sweetheart, this is emotional abuse. It's sick. For her to sit there and expect you to have a smile on your face while she steals your husband-" LIAM IS NOT STEFFY'S HUSBAND!!!

Steffy: "He's not mine. Not anymore. You know, I don't ask you for much. But there are times when a girl needs her mother, even at my age, and this is one of those times. Can you just come with me to the wedding? Can you support me without causing a scene?" And I feel sorry for Steffy here because no, Taylor can't even do that much. The only real mothering Steffy ever had was from Brooke and the best thing that could have happened to Steffy and her siblings is if their biological mother would have kept right on taking that dirt nap.

Taylor: "Honey, on something like this, I don't know if I can." She's so fucking selfish and you can just see the hurt in Steffy's eyes but no hint of surprise. She's used to this by now but it still hurts all the same.

Steffy sighs, trying again to appeal to her mother to, you know, be a mother: "I know you're looking out for me. You want to defend me. But I don't need a defender. I need a mother." This, exactly.

Taylor: "Okay, sweetheart, you're a mother, and you need to fight for your daughter. You need to fight for the life you can give that little girl with two parents in the same house, like I wanted for you when you were growing up." Does this bitch have memory loss? Does she not remember that for the majority of the time she wasn't taking her dirt nap, she did have an intact family? Or that she broke up another family (Brooke/Ridge/Rick/Bridget) so she could have a happy little family for Thomas? Yes, Ridge chose to leave but Taylor was no innocent victim. She chose to lie about Thomas' paternity but of course, Brooke got blamed for the lie as well as the expectation that she should have told Ridge the truth when it was Taylor's truth to tell. Of course, we all know Ridge seizes upon the flimsiest of excuses to do whatever, whenever. And years later, she did it again with an assist from heart-attack-faking Stephanie, only this time  her children were GROWN and Brooke's family with Ridge had a very young child (RJ) in it. Ridge went along with it like he does (at least until he learned of the Big Bear Boink with James but she is just as culpable. 

Taylor's phone rings then and she stares down at it, gasping: "It's Brooke." 

Steffy stares at her mother in disbelief as she tells her to go ahead and take the call. Seriously, who's the mother and who's the daughter here?

Brooke tells Taylor she wants to see her and of course, Taylor is practically foaming at the mouth to head over there.

Steffy's not so sure about this: "Careful what you say to her. You know, better yet, you don't even have to go." She wouldn't miss a chance to proselityze like the fake saint she is for the world.

Taylor practically rubs her hands together: "Oh, no. Of course I do. This conversation is years in the making." And I'm sure you've been practicing just what you're going to say in your crazy little mind all this time. Freakshow.

Taylor departs and Ridge arrives a few minutes later and they continue their weird "two ships passing in the night" routine and does anyone else find it odd that in all this time of HTy appearances, she and TK still haven't had any scenes together? I guess they'll finally meet up at the wedding.

Ridge backs out of Kelly's room: "Okay. I'm gonna take off so you can have some time to yourself. I'll see you later."

Steffy: "Uh, my father oohs and ahhs over his granddaughter, and the minute she goes down for a nap, takes off. I see where I stand."

Ridge: "Are you kidding me right now?" He laughs. "I want to make sure you get some rest. I remember what it was like when you were born. Your mom and I, we'd fall asleep in the middle of a conversation." No shocker there considering how boring both are. "But then again, we had twins, and Thomas was running around, so... this is a lot easier. I'm kidding. Are you with me at all? Hey?" Steffy has totally tuned him out and it's kind of hilarious.

Steffy: "Yeah, no, I -- sorry. I just -- I have a lot on my mind."

Ridge: "Like an upcoming wedding?"

Steffy: "That, and, um... well, you mentioned Mom. I'm worried about her." And rightfully so.

Ridge: "Why? What -- is she still in LA?" 

Steffy: "Yeah, she is. In fact, you just missed her." A fact that he could not care less about.

Ridge: "Oh. All right. Why are you worried about her?" Um, you were married to the trainwreck. 

Steffy: "Because she could be walking into a disaster." I'd say Taylor is a walking disaster.

She fills him in on Hope inviting her to the wedding and okaying her bringing Taylor as her guest. Ridge is immediately concerned as well he should be. 

Steffy: "Well, Mom wasn't too thrilled about it."

Ridge: "Of course she's not thrilled about it. Is that where she is now? She went to Brooke's because of that?"

Steffy: "No, Brooke called and asked her to come over."

Ridge, sputters: "Why? Why?"

Steffy: "I don't know. I'm assuming that Hope told Brooke to put us on the list."

Ridge, scoffing: "And I know Brooke wouldn't have been happy about it." Duh! "No. This is -- this is, uh -- this is not good. None of this is good."

Steffy is just over it: "Okay. Brooke and Mom can argue if they want. Hope's having her wedding, and she wants me there. Okay."

Ridge: "What do you want?"

Steffy: "I just want to include Mom."

DkvfUtcXoAAY3ec.jpg

And that's so sad that she can't really include her because Taylor always has to make everything about her, instead of being there for her daughter. I mean, this is the same woman who thought nothing of sleeping with her other daughter's former boyfriend or getting shitfaced and mowing down Darla. 

Ridge: "Okay. No, that's nice. What about her? You think she wants to sit there and see another Logan happily ever after? Probably not."

Steffy: "I mean, yeah, it's gonna be tough. But you know what else she'll see? And Brooke? Hope and I coming together and putting our children first."

Ridge: "That sounds sweet. You and Hope, you can work it out. Very nice. It's gonna be at your expense, and I'm not gonna let that happen." It's not up to you, nimrod!

Steffy sighs: "That's exactly how Mom feels."

Ridge: "Of course it is. She's protective of you." 

Steffy: "Almost too protective." A nod to whackadoo Taylor shooting Bill in the back.

Ridge: "What does that mean, "too protective"? No, that's what parents do. You're gonna see that yourself. You're gonna do whatever you can to make your child happy." Really? Is that what you told RJ when you abandoned him after reuniting with Taylor not once (fake heart attack) but twice (the Berry Island boink that wasn't lie orchestrated by both Taylor and Stephanie). 

Steffy: "That's what I'm afraid of. I don't even want to think about what Mom's saying to Brooke." Read that again. She's worried about what her own mother is saying to Brooke. Not the other way around. Interesting. Very interesting.

Later, Ridge gestures to the ginormous Steamless portrait still hanging on the wall.

Ridge: "You think that's a good idea? Having that thing looming over you? Reminding you of what used to be."

Steffy shrugs: "I think it's what's best for Kelly. And like you said, a parent will do anything, right?" A good parent will.

Ridge: "Yeah. But I also said not at your expense." He looks more closely at her. "You okay?"

Steffy: "No, Dad. How can I be? I had the life I always wanted. The life I fought so hard for." She sighs. "But there are consequences to our actions. Mine is losing Liam. Living without the father of my child for the rest of my life. But Kelly will grow up with this picture and know that she came from something beautiful. It'll never cross her mind to feel sorry for me. Because I don't. I won'r. Not when I have something so much more important to feel. I have to focus on Kelly. I got to focus on her future. I'm her mother. She's gonna look up to me. And you can be damn sure I'll give her something worthy to look up to." And was it just me or did I sense that Steffy couldn't look up to Taylor one iota then or now.

Ridge gives this big, long sigh and seriously, stifle yourself.

Steffy: "No more begging for Liam. No more wondering if I'm the woman for him. He's marrying Hope. He's where he needs to be. How can I claim to love him if I can't find happiness in that?"

Ridge: "So you're gonna do this, huh? You're gonna go to the wedding?" Yes and act like a grown up instead of punching Hope out and dragging Liam off by the hand like a certain Neanderthal I know and loathe.

Steffy: "For Kelly, I can do anything." While I don't buy this "I Am Woman" crap from Steffy in the slightest, I do believe she loves her daughter and wants better for her than what she had. 

And finally, the moment has arrived.

giphy.gif

Because Taylor has arrived at Brooke's.

Brooke: "Thanks for coming over."

Taylor is already testy: "Certainly. I was visiting my granddaughter when you called." And notice how she throws that out there, like a challenge. So much for the doting grandmother. A barracuda would show more warmth.

Brooke strives to find common ground: "Isn't she the most beautiful thing?"

Taylor: "Yes, she is. That's why I'm glad we're doing this over here, because I don't want to disturb her." Bitch, don't even!

Brooke: "Disturb her? Why would you say that?"

Taylor: "Come on, Brooke. You know where this is headed. Even babies pick up on toxic energy." Does she seriously think Brooke would throw down in front of Kelly? We all know cray-cray would in a NY minute. 

Brooke: "There's nothing toxic about this. I just wanted to talk to you."

Taylor: "No. To argue. Because we don't see eye to eye on anything. Starting with this adulterous wedding you're planning." ADULTEROUS? ADULTEROUS???

First of all, a married person cannot marry someone else. Well, I guess if you're that creep Kody out in Vegas or wherever he and his harem are living now, you can, but that's called bigamy from where I come from. But there is no adultery here. Liam - single. Hope - single. The only adultery that's taken place in all of this is the night Steffy rode Bill like she was employed by the Pony Express. We can debate all day long about whether or not Liam was still married (on paper anyways) the night Hope got pregnant but IMO, Liam's marriage was OVER the day he found that paternity test and left his slattern wife crying on the sidewalk. And certainly the annulment papers have long since filed. 

Also, someone who committed the act of adultery, to devirginize her former mentor, shouldn't go around throwing stones. So STFU, Taylor!

Brooke feels a migraine coming on as would I: "Okay." She sighs. "Maybe this was a mistake."

Taylor: "You're damn right it is. Encouraging your daughter to go after a married man? Yeah, I would call that a mistake. And it's disgusting." Bitch, that is not what you meant and again, for the nine hundredth time. LIAM IS AND WAS NOT MARRIED!

Brooke, like Taylor's five. "Inviting you here, I mean. If we can't have a civil conversation for once." 

Taylor, up on her high horse now, "Honestly, none of this even surprises me. Hope is the daughter of Deacon Sharpe, the man you had an affair with after you stole my husband. She had a primo example."

latest?cb=20140307035420

Someone needs to hold my earrings and pass me some Vaseline because this plastic bitch is about to get fucked up.

How dare she cast shade on Hope who was INNOCENT in all of that. Contrast that with her own daughter who fucked her own father-in-law and this after having an emotional affair for weeks and then lied about it and would have gone on lying, forever, if Liam hadn't found the paternity test results she so blithely stashed in her purse. And again, when Taylor can unfuck James' dick or Rick's or Blake's (the last dick she fucked within hours of fucking Ridge's), then she can talk. Now, she was single and Rick was single at the time but (1) he had just recently broken up with her daughter and he was Phoebe's first love and (2) he was the son of her rival. So all her whining about how Brooke could do that to Bridget (and OF COURSE the affair with Deacon was terrible and all kinds of fucked up- no doubt about it) is such a joke when Taylor has ZERO leg to stand on when she could and did that to Phoebe which was, in part, responsible for Phoebe's death. And she wasn't married to Ridge when she slept with Blake but they were involved. Add in all the men she met in bars and brought home without even knowing their names when she has the audacity to echo Stephanie's "slut of the valley" stance and the hypocrisy mounts. Both women did wrong but one gets routinely called out on the carpet and borderline slut-shamed while the other remains on her pedestal and dares to stand in judgment of others. And was aided and abetted by a bitter old hag whom she'd always beg to "Do, somethingggggg!" I really do hate this bitch. 

Brooke: "How dare you!"

Taylor: "How dare Hope! She's the carbon copy of you. And if you think I'm going to take any more of your abuse, you've got another thing coming." Abuse? What the fuck is she talking about???

Brooke: "Can we just start over? I really do want to." Don't try to reason with crazy, Brooke.

Taylor: "Sure. Sure. Let's do start over and go back to when my children were young, and you were throwing yourself at their father. My husband, Ridge." Oh yes because Ridge is totally blameless here. He never tried to interfere in any of Brooke's relationships aka her attempts to move on. Su-ure...But as we all know, the men never get any of the blame. 

Brooke: "All right. This really isn't productive. If you're too stuck in the past-" Brooke, Taylor is never gonna make like Elsa and "let it go."

Taylor: "No, no, no. I was not stuck in the past. I moved on completely. But you seem to have taken that to mean I was a doormat and if you think I'm going to stand by and allow you to step on my daughter, think again." Um, honey, no one believes you've moved on. 

Brooke: "Liam chose to make a family with Hope. And there's not much that any of us can do about that." Much as I would wish otherwise for my daughter.

Taylor: "Like the family he has with Steffy?"

Brooke: "One that will last." Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure of that. "Look, you and I have been through so much with Ridge through the years, you would think that we would understand the situation that Liam is in. We need to support his decision."

Taylor: "Exactly. But it was a decision he only made because Steffy took herself out of the equation. And this isn't you showing support. This is you power-tripping because you want to micromanage this wedding plan." And if the shoe were on the other foot???

Brooke: "I am not going to apologize for putting together a wedding for two people that should have been married a long time ago." Fair point.

Taylor: "But they already were, and it didn't work, did it?" Also a fair point. Dammit! "So now you want to throw together another one for a repeat disaster to show support? That doesn't even make sense. Good grief, at least encourage counseling or something." I snort-laughed at the counseling. From who? You? No thank, Tayquacky. Seeing how she "counseled" a grieving Ridge after Caroline I died, I know all I need to about her skills (or lack thereof) in that department.

Brooke: "They don't need counseling. They need their life back. They need their marriage back. The life that Steffy stole from them."

Taylor: "Oh!" Nice comeback.

Brooke: "Well, I -- I don't expect you to understand this. But Steffy does. That's why she wants them together. And my daughter, my very sweet, thoughtful, caring daughter, who always thinks of other people first, wants Steffy to be there. Because she believes that if Steffy's there at the wedding, it will bring peace to everybody."

Taylor: "And for the life of me, I don't know why Steffy thinks the same thing. But she's agreed to be there, so..."

Brooke: "You know what? She doesn't have to be there. In fact, I think it would be better if both of you just stayed away. Oh honey...(yes, I've oh honey-ed a lot today), don't you know you just threw raw meat in front of the lion?

Taylor: "Excuse me?"

Brooke: "Well, yeah. I mean, think about it. It's not going to bring peace to the family. It's going to bring anxiety. I mean, if Steffy's there at the wedding, everybody's gonna feel really uncomfortable. And you -- you, Taylor, you can't even control yourself." LMFAO!

Taylor: "That's just rude." Truth hurt?

Brooke: "Well, it's true." Ha! "And you're gonna say something or do something to destroy their wedding. You're gonna make a scene. And I'm not gonna have that. So do the right thing. Convince your daughter to stay away." Fat chance of that now.

Taylor: "I don't know which one I find more appalling -- that Hope thinks Steffy should come to the wedding, or that you think it's okay to disinvite her." Well, goodness knows you can't deal with not being to play the victim in every situation ever.

Brooke: "If Steffy wants to be there, then fine. But why would she want to? Why would she want to watch Liam and Hope express their love for each other, say their vows to each other? And why would you want to see her suffer through that?" 

Taylor: "Well, I don't know. Hope is the one who convinced Steffy, and now Steffy thinks it's necessary." See? Raw meat!

Brooke: "It's going to be heartbreaking. Very painful for her. You're a psychiatrist. I shouldn't have to explain that to you." Um, I think she got her degree out of a Cracker Jack box. 

Taylor: "And I shouldn't have to explain to you why this wedding shouldn't be happening in the first place. It's all because of Bill and his lies and his manipulations of Steffy and Liam. Otherwise, they wouldn't even be apart." That old hat again? Also, I wouldn't be bringing up Bill's lies and manipulations that you clearly supported when they benefited Steffy's pursuit of Liam all those years ago.

Brooke: "It doesn't do any good wondering about the "what ifs." The fact is, Liam chose Hope, and none of us can be negative about that, Taylor." Um, have you met, Taylor, Brooke? She makes Eeyore sound Jessie Spano levels of excited.

Taylor: "Okay, so you would be all rainbows and unicorns if this whole thing were reversed?" No, but she'd do a better job faking it than you are right now.

Brooke: "Okay, that attitude, that tone, that is exactly why you and Steffy can't come to the wedding." Again, stop waving the red meat, Brooke.

Taylor scoffs and waves her trump card right back: "No, your daughter invited us. We're going to be there. And Liam can just be there, looking at Steffy, being aware that the mother of his little girl is standing there, watching him making the biggest mistake of his life." Sounds like someone has been rehearsing. 

Brooke: "Oh, my God. I know what you're doing. You want to risk Steffy being in pain so that Liam will notice, and he will become so uncomfortable that he may just call off the wedding. That is what you're doing, isn't it?" She doesn't care what havoc and heartbreak she wreaks so long as a Logan (or two) goes down.

Taylor: "My daughter is already in pain!" And that's 100% on her and her spread 'em like mayo thighs. "And if you think I'm going to let history repeat itself, you're wrong. Put down two more. Count us confirmed. And we'll just have to see if Liam can make it through the "I dos" or not." I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope he can and does and without any conflict in his eyes. 

Brooke is steely-eyed: "Don't even think about doing anything to disrupt it."

Taylor: "I won't have to. Liam's conscience will." Does he have one of those?

Brooke: "Liam loves Hope. He's having a baby with her. A sweet, innocent child. And, yes, he has a family with Steffy. But he's going to respect that, and he's going to take good care of them. But the truth is, Taylor, he chose my daughter. My daughter. Not yours. And that is something that you're gonna have to deal with, something that you're gonna have to accept. Don't you dare do anything to interfere in their special day!"

They end in a stare-off and I just cannot with HTy's Joker lips. 

Bitch is going down.

Reading all of this makes realize they sure have a lot of lines to remember. Man! I can't imagine doing an hour soap. That must be a killer.

• Love 2

For me yesterday highlighted one of the major disparities of Steffy and Hope’s lives. There was Hope, surrounded by people who truly love and care about her; her mom, her sister and her aunts. And Bridget came! I think Rick and RJ should have been there too, but I will settle for Bridget any day of the week. And Ashley looked good! This is what a wedding should be like; laughing, smiling, happy people enjoying their loved one’s special day. Contrast that with Steffy, who had no one to turn to, so she resorted to asking the cousin she not only railroaded out of Liam’s life, but also tried to kill twice, to help her with a destination wedding. Because no one is going to turn down the opportunity to have a good time in Australia. Additionally, the trip was more about Ridge/Quinn/Brooke/Eric than it was Steffy and Liam. And because it was such a dull affair, attended by folks who really didn’t want to be there, Steffy had to pull a stunt for attention by zip lining into the ceremony. I know it was supposed to be more of her rebel girl, cutting edge, daring do, but it came off as desperate to me. So, Hope enjoys a beautiful day, surrounded by love and happiness, and Steffy leaves the country and shares her day with a zipline and her father’s pursuit of his step mommy. And they say the Logan’s are the crazy ones.

I had a feeling this was going to be a hoot, so I prepared in advance; popcorn was popped, cold adult beverage freshly prepared, and my two furbabies in their customary places for B&B viewing.

TAYLOR

Oh joy! This dimwit did not disappoint. I can’t decide which line I liked better:

To Brooke: “Living in the past again! Everybody else has moved on….”  The fug? Is that why you go around referring to Ridge as your husband?

To Liam: “You and Steffy would still be together right now raising that beautiful little girl together if it weren’t for what Bill did."  Huh? Bill fucked himself?

To Steffy: “Sweetheart, this is just wrong, for you to be forced to sit there and watch Hope steal the father of your little girl?"  Oh, that evil Hope, chaining Steffy to that chair……

I hope Taylor stays around. She is absolute comedy gold. I was shoveling popcorn and guzzling my cold Strawberry Daiquiri as I snorted with glee and delight at Taylor’s shenanigans.

RIDGE

You Debbie Downer, friggin Negative Nelly! And once again, there you are, leering across the room at your daughter. EWWWW! I would love to see Brooke stuff a huge piece of wedding cake in his hateful mouth. Or maybe one of Pam’s lemon bars, you just know she baked a batch for the wedding, and I can’t think of a better place to dispose of them than in Ridge’s slaptrap.

BROOKE

Girrrrrrrrl! You were rocking that pale blue, and I love the chunky, uneven haircut. Compared to Taylor, who was dressed for either a funeral, or a bit part in the remake of A Rocky Horror Picture Show, Brooke was a magnificent, beautiful Goddess. And, she gave us the best exchange of the entire show:

Brooke: “A moment?”

Taylor: “Get your hands off of me.”

Brooke: “Clearly you weren't listening. I told you to leave.”

Taylor: “I'm here to support my daughter, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.”

Brooke: “Well, it might not be the right time to make a graceful exit. Besides, I really don't want to cause a scene. So why don't you go, find your seat, sit down, and shut your mouth? And don't say a word. I don't want you to ruin this very special day for Hope and Liam.”

Go find your seat, sit down, and shut your mouth. I was completely undone. My Quinn, who also loves Brooke, tilted her beautiful Pittie head back and looked at me like “Mom, if I could only laugh like you!”, her eyes glowing with delight.

This episode made me happy on so many levels, but mostly to show how Brooke’s life has settled, and she has everything a woman could want. Now, I am no Bridge supporter, and I despise Ridge, but Brooke loves him, and she got her man. She also has loving children, her deep and abiding friendship with Eric, her “work” at FC’s. She remains as beautiful as ever, and can still bring the sexy whenever she desires.

And Taylor has………..crickets

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Right? They had four continuous years of marriage, three children in two years, and I know some Brooke fans were salty about them getting that peace to be a real relationship ten years ago...but today? I wouldn't say Brooke "won" because Sludge is...Sludge, but she has the love of her children, her 2--maybe soon to be 3--grandchildren and a life free from Stephanie.

Taylor: what does she have? She doesn't even have Steffy joining in on the Evil Logan tirade for the time being. FFS, she can't even be assed to support her only remaining daughter for a few measley hours but she wants to slam Brooke?

This is why that while can't say Brooke doesn't royally irk me from never learning anything that I will always cheer for her over Taylor, who has the self-reflection of a walnut...or a waffle.

Hey, maybe Bell will crib from Y&R and have Taylor try to show Hope how untrustworthy Liam is by trying to seduce him! And then Steffy in her rage tosses both herself and Taylor off the cliff! Two birds with one stone!

Great comment!

Taylor is supposed to be the KLASSY, 'regal' doctor but she has NOTHING.  She spends every waking hour blaming Brooke for 'stealing' her life instead of taking responsibility for the things she's done.  A woman who is a fugitive from justice, an attempted murderer shouldn't be throwing around threats and creating scenes the way Taylor ALWAYS does.   She was surrounded by Forresters at the wedding and not one of them gave her the time of day.  Ridge is just as unhappy about the wedding as Taylor is but he wouldn't even take a second to go off in a corner and complain with the former 'love of his life'.  He avoided Taylor like the poxy bitch she is.

Taylor has spent decades looking down her nose at Brooke, but there was Brooke surrounded by her loving family and friends, putting on a wedding for her beloved daughter.  Did Taylor even bother to attend ANY of Steffy's weddings?  The proof that Brooke is a better person than Taylor could ever dream of being came during the scene when Taylor threw Deacon's name at Brooke in an attempt to shame both Brooke and her daughter.  Brooke didn't throw Darla's name at Taylor, even though she would have been completely justified.  I would have.  And then I would have called security to remove the trash from my property.

2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

For me yesterday highlighted one of the major disparities of Steffy and Hope’s lives. There was Hope, surrounded by people who truly love and care about her; her mom, her sister and her aunts. And Bridget came! I think Rick and RJ should have been there too, but I will settle for Bridget any day of the week. And Ashley looked good! This is what a wedding should be like; laughing, smiling, happy people enjoying their loved one’s special day. Contrast that with Steffy, who had no one to turn to, so she resorted to asking the cousin she not only railroaded out of Liam’s life, but also tried to kill twice, to help her with a destination wedding. Because no one is going to turn down the opportunity to have a good time in Australia. Additionally, the trip was more about Ridge/Quinn/Brooke/Eric than it was Steffy and Liam. And because it was such a dull affair, attended by folks who really didn’t want to be there, Steffy had to pull a stunt for attention by zip lining into the ceremony. I know it was supposed to be more of her rebel girl, cutting edge, daring do, but it came off as desperate to me. So, Hope enjoys a beautiful day, surrounded by love and happiness, and Steffy leaves the country and shares her day with a zipline and her father’s pursuit of his step mommy. And they say the Logan’s are the crazy ones.

I'm pretty sure that Steffy's beatification is a con.  But Steffy should take a good look at her mother and see her future, if she doesn't give up her slatternly ways.  Steffy doesn't have any family that REALLY has her back. She's alienated both her brother and her cousin and they want nothing to do with her.  Her father huffs and puffs, but he doesn't really care.  All he wants is to keep $Bill out of his daughter's bed, probably because he wants to keep imagining HIMSELF there.  A REAL father would have given Hope a kiss on the cheek and wished her luck.  Then he would have packed his daughter and grand-daughter up and taken them away.  Why is Ridge at the wedding?  He's made it crystal clear he doesn't like or respect Hope or Liam.  Brooke would have been disappointed but she'd get over it; she's used to being disappointed by Ridge.

Steffy's immediate family were all there at Hope's wedding, treating her as if SHE were the Forrester princess.  Maybe they wish she was.

Steffy can't even count on her own mother to support her in her martyrdom.  Taylor is too busy trying to make Hope and Liam's wedding ALL ABOUT HER.  Steffy was blackmailed and manipulated by $Bill because she wanted to protect her mother.  And her mother isn't woman enough to behave like she has some kind of home training.  Steffy needs to realize that karma is a bitch.  A bitch that looks just like her mommie dearest. 

• Love 8

Recap for Monday, 8/20/2018:

Note - this will be a LONG one because it's that full of soapy goodness and who could have imagined I'd type those words and Lope wedding in the same sentence?

We open at Brooke's house (where almost all of the action takes place today and I have to say, I really like the episodes where all the scenes are in the same location).

Brooke enters, looking so damn gorgeous: "Matron of honor, reporting for duty." Her icy blue dress fits her perfectly and goes so nicely with her sleek blond hair. It's not right to upstage the bride, Brooke, but as lovely as AN is, they really should have done something more with her hair/makeup. Of course, this is KKL we're talking about and she could light up the room in ashes and sackcloth. Here's a full-length shot of the dress:

brooke-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Hope laughs: "Oh, I can't believe it." 

Brooke: "Oh, honey, you and Liam are finally getting married."  She hugs her daughter. 

DlE3LpyX4AA2fCX.jpg

"No more surprises, okay?" She has that telling twinkle in her eye.

Hope eyes her closely: "No."

Brooke's twinkle has gone full-on mischievous: "Except maybe one."

She opens the door and I squealed out loud, I was so excited.

Bridget: "Hey, sis!" OMG OMG OMG, I love AJ so much and seriously, TPTB, you couldn't cut those interns or even just that worthless Emma to make some room for a legacy character? 

Hope (sounding like me) squeals in excitement: "Bridget!" She rushes to hug her big sister while happy momma Brooke watches. them.

DlE3LptXcAEbYPO.jpg

Already, there's amazing chemistry between AN and AJ, far more so than between KM and AJ. Annika really has grown and, more importantly, owned this role.

Donna and Katie enter a few minutes later and both ladies look great although I'm not loving Donna's Dowager Countess hair.

Bridget shows them recent photos of Logan and again, why can't she, Logan, and Owen (sans Jackie) come back already?

Katie: "Oh, I can't believe how big Logan has gotten. Look at that!"

Bridget: "I know, I know. You weren't kidding when you said they grow up so fast."

Katie: "I know." I saw no hint of animosity between these two but that's a testament to Bridget. She truly has an amazing heart and capacity for forgiveness.

Bridget teases her little sister: "You'll know soon enough."

Brooke: "I'm so excited to have my two girls together in the same room! I've been walking on a cloud all morning." You're excited, Brooke? Well, get in line, sister.

Bridget: "I can't imagine how you must feel."

Hope: "Oh, my feet haven't touched the ground in days."

DlFPrzTV4AAemFt.jpg

Katie: "Soon you'll be Mrs. Liam Spencer." But for how long? Also, he's not the catch of the county or anything, Donna.

Donna: "And nothing is going to stop it this time." Donna sounds awfully sure of herself. 

Brooke, knowing what her sisters and eldest daughter don't, turns more serious: "Let's hope not. We have two unpredictable guests."

Donna-Katie-Bridget-Hope-Brooke-prepare-

Katie furrows her brow and looks at Brooke: "What are you talking about?" Presumably, she fills them in although we don't see that part and dang it, I wanted to see the expressions on their faces, especially Katie's.

Brooke: "I can't wait to see Liam's face when he catches that first glimpse of you." Um, not to be snarky (oh who am I kidding?), but he's already seen her, in this very dress. 

Donna beams: "His beautiful Hope." Everyone should have an Aunt Donna.

Katie: "Um, I hate to bring this up, but are you sure that it was a good idea to invite Steffy and Taylor to the wedding?" Normally, I would be grousing about what's with the turd in the punchbowl act, Katie, but I can't disagree with her here. 

Bridget: "Well, quite frankly, I'm shocked that they accepted." Bridget, you've been gone too long. 

Hope: "Well, you know, we all want the same thing -- peace in the family, for our children. Steffy won't make a scene."

Brooke, reading my thoughts: "It's not Steffy I'm worried about." 

Later, Hope tells them how much she appreciates them and says that she needs a "Logan hug." Awww...

Donna, echoing me: "Aww!"

Bridget: "Well, we can manage that."

Katie: "Yes, we've had plenty of practice!"

They move in for an embrace and it's so sweet.

Donna, champagne in hand, is ready to "get this party started" but Brooke says she has a "few words for my future son-in-law."

Hope gulps: "Um...mom."

Brooke is quick to reassure her daughter that they're "good words."

Katie: "Okay. Poor Liam!" Poor Liam may be right, except, you know he's Liam. And he's got nothing to fear from Brooke. His ex-mother-in-law, well, that's a horse of a different color.

They all share a laugh and I'm loving the genuine smiles on their faces (clearly these ladies love each other in real life) before Brooke departs.

Katie-Bridget-Hope-Donna-Brooke-hug-HW-1

Also, I just had to include this snapshot of the Logan sisters as they are simply stunning.

DlD-gjJU4AAuTy9.jpg

Downstairs in the kitchen, Pam's cake is being admired by Sally and (ugh!) the interns. I don't love Sally's dress - the fit is downright criminal considering the body I'd like to skinsuit wearing it. 

In a nod to continuity, Sally praises the cake: "The detail on these flowers is so exquisite. Piping was never my forte at the bakery."

Pam: "Well, maybe the next time I make one, I'll teach you some of my tricks." 

Sally is touched: "That would be amazing." She so wants to belong. 

Charlie whispers to Pam: "Don't worry, I'll hide the recipes." STFU, you useless waste of space.

Pam whispers back: "Good call." Bitch. Also, wasn't it just days ago she was warning Hope to stay away from Liam? And now she made their wedding cake? Nice continuity there, writers. 

DlE4gQgXgAAdpEZ.jpg

Over in the living room, Eric and Quinn are chatting with a clearly pissy Ridge. Oh and Thorne's there, too. I love Thorne's suit. So summery and sets off those gorgeous baby blue eyes of his. 

ridge-thorne-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Eric and Quinn look as impeccable as always and here's a shot to prove it:

eric-quinn-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Ridge looks like he rolled out from under a highway. Typical. Also, his tie is all wrong.

Eric: "So, Ridge, how are you hanging in there? I know you're not particularly thrilled about this wedding." Oh, what gave it away? 

Ridge: "This is a slap in my daughter's face." 

Quinn: "Why? Steffy's the one who broke things off with Liam." Quinn, the voice of reason. Whodathunkit?

Ridge, pouting: "There are real feelings involved here. You understand that, right?" No, they're idiots. He's such a clueless chucklefuck.

Thorne: "Well, Steffy seems to be rising above them."

Ridge: "We'll see about that." I mean, it's as if he wants something to happen. 

Eric: "What does that mean?"

Speaking of, we cut to the cliff house where Taylor is dressed for a FUNERAL. Because of course she is.

Taylor-at-Steffys-Hope-wedding-day-HW.jp

Hauxdi's bangs are gone and so is the super-long length. She's sporting a sleeker style that looks much better than anything she's sported recently, but the dress, the color almost identical to Brooke's, is a hot mess. JMW has a great figure and again, it's criminal to put her, like CH, in something sub-par.

Steffy tells the nanny that she's only going to be gone a few hours and to call if anything comes up. The nanny says she's going to check on Kelly and to "enjoy the wedding."

Steffy: "Thank you."

Taylor, grumbling not quite under her breath: "Yeah. Right."

Steffy stifles her sigh of disappointment: "Mom, come on. You know this isn't easy for me. I need you to be supportive." 

Taylor audibly sighs: "Sweetheart, this is just wrong, for you to be expected to sit there and watch Hope steal the father of your little girl? Sweetheart, this is the man you love." I think she's talking more about herself here and watching another Logan win. "Steffy, I just don't understand why you would allow Hope to force you to witness this marriage to liam. It's cruel. Hope just wants to rub your face in it." Hope isn't forcing Steffy to do anything. Do I think it was stupid and naive of Hope to invite her, much less her crazy mother? Sure. But no one is holding a gun to Steffy's head here.

Steffy is clearly exasperated: "Mom, this is bigger than the three of us. Children are involved. Will it be challenging to watch Liam marry Hope? Yeah, of course it will be. But we're doing it." And here her voice turns stern and how sad it is to see a daughter have to parent her grown-ass mother. "And I don't want there to be any drama. Do you understand?" I doubt it, Steffy.

Over at non-Captive Cabin, Wyatt is helping Liam get ready.

DlEywMGW0AEsq69.jpg

Liam grins at Wyatt: "Best man suits you."

Wyatt: "Ha. Yeah, an earned privilege." Don't sound so enthused, Wyatt.

Liam: Yeah, so how come I'm not getting a whole lot of enthusiasm coming my way?"

Wyatt: "No, I'm happy for you, bro. Truly. I fully support this marriage. The family you're creating and..." He falters there.

Liam, sensing hesitation: "But...?"

Wyatt: "But what about your other family? The one that you made with Steffy and Kelly." Part of me wants to say "Time and place, Wyatt. Time and place..." but I'm sure there are a lot of mixed emotions in Wyatt's mind right now - his own desire to have been raised in a home with two, loving parents, the family he could have had with the woman Liam is marrying, Steffy is his most recent ex-wife, and he knows the history here. 

Liam informs Wyatt that Hope asked Steffy to attend their wedding and she agreed to do so.

Wyatt is stunned: "Are you out of your mind? And why would she subject herself to that?" She's a masochist? Neah, she's way more S than M.

Liam: "I know, I said the same thing, but, first of all, I think it's a testament to her character." Enough with the praise of St Hauxdi.

Wyatt: "Yeah."

Liam: "And also... it's a testament to her commitment to just make sure that we all function as an extended family, for the kids."

Wyatt: "Wow. I mean, talk about above and beyond." OMG, I cannot with this. 

Liam: "I know. I can't tell you how much Steffy's gesture means to Hope." That remains to be seen. 

Wyatt: "You know, I would have been really upset if you didn't ask me to be your best man."

Liam laughs: "Yeah? Like, really?"

Wyatt: "Yeah, like, really pissed."

DlEywMHWwAAbMTQ.jpg

Liam: "Yeah, well, lucky for you, there was never really a choice." Wyatt laughs. Liam, more serious now: "You're not just my brother, you're my best friend." Awww....I do love the Brothers Spencer.

Wyatt: "Aww. It goes both ways."

Liam: "Aww!"

DlE3Lo_W4AQ0vFh.jpg

They share a hug, but break it off quickly before things get too mushy.

Wyatt: "All right, so... you ready to take your last walk as a single guy?" Famous last words.

Liam: "Uh, I think maybe I need a minute." You might want to rethink that, Liam. 

Wyatt: "Understood. I do just want to say... you landed yourself in an impossible position. But you got through it, and you've been considerate and sensitive to two women, two families, and I just -- I mean, I respect that, like... I respect you, Liam." You know, there's so much I can say right now, but I'll just chalk it up to brotherly love and we all know love is blind.

Back at the house, Quinn is explaining Rick and Maya's absence (FC International blah blah blah).

DlE2LqvWsAEVbhk.jpg

I'm already pissed that JY has been let go and I'm riled up all over again because HELLO! MAJOR MISSED OPPORTUNITY HERE!!! I cannot be the only one who was dying to see Taylor and Rick see each other again (even though that was KL's Rick all those years ago). 

Ridge is barely listening as he's been watching the door like a hawk. Well, watch no more, Ridge, because Steffy and Taylor have arrived and we are actually going to see TK and HTy in the same room together. And it has to be said that Taylor is about to be reunited with three of her lovers, all from the same family and again, why oh why couldn't Rick be there and Grandpa Stephen since it's old home week for the teflon saint.

Ridge is immediately at Steffy's side: "Hey."

DlD4-duUcAARL3H.jpg

Steffy: "Hey."

Ridge: "You look beautiful." Not inappropriate per se but he just gives off that sort of vibe when he's around her of late, so much so that he basically ignores Taylor, his former wife and mother of three of his four children. 

tenor.gif

Although I am not gonna lie - I am finding this all kinds of hilarious. 

Steffy thanks him for the compliment while he ask if she's really gonna through with it. It's sitting her ass in a seat for 5-10, eating some food, etc., it's not like she's going off to war.

Steffy gives him a look: "Dad..." I mean, he's seriously messing with her "I Am Woman" act. 

Ridge throws Taylor a crumb: "You look beautiful, too." But there is zero warmth in the words or his eyes. I'm thinking it would be far different if Ronn was still in the role. 

Taylor laps it up as we all knew she would: "Oh, thank you."

Ridge: "You didn't talk any sense into her?"

Taylor: "Since when have we ever been able to do that?" And that's basically the extent of their interaction. 

Eric: "Taylor. There you are. Hi." And there is some actual warmth. 

Taylor: "Oh, hi!"

Eric: "It's good to see you."

Taylor: "Hi, Eric. How are you?"

Eric: "Good."

Quinn hilariously practically pushes Eric aside to extend her hand (and protect her territory): "Hi, I'm Quinn."

Taylor: "Oh, hi! Hi, nice to officially meet you." She could not mean it less but honestly, I think it's less deliberate than HTy's acting skills. She was never even a poor-man's Meryl Streep back in the day or anything, but my goodness, she is just downright awful. A wax dummy emotes better. I realize that other than JMc, these are all new faces, but come the fuck on! Even a half-way decent actor knows how to adjust. 

Thorne: "Welcome home."

Taylor: "Hi, Thorne. How are you?"

We don't get to hear Thorne's response, which I wish had been: "Hanging in there, despite losing my daughter, you know the one I had with Darla, the woman you mowed down on PCH?"

Eric: "Steffy. I think it's very big and brave of you to be here today." 

giphy.gif

Steffy laps up the ridiculous compliment just like her momma would: "Thanks."

They chat about Kelly and Taylor slips out the back door, completely unnoticed and who can blame them, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out where she's heading.

Sally comes into the living room then and is immediately spotted by a thrilled-to-see-her Wyatt.

Sally: "You look dashing."

Wyatt: "Well, you are not so bad yourself."

Sally: "Thank you."

Wyatt: "You have to wear this all the time."

They share a kiss.

Wyatt-Sally-kiss-wedding-HW-1.jpg?dbf50c

I love these two so much but seriously, we need to see them more than once every 3-4 weeks. 

Here's a full-length shot of both of them and this dress could have been a hit if it had been fitted properly and that weird swath of unnecessary fabric removed.

wyatt-sally-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

But they're still a smokin' hot couple.

Quinn interrupts to hug Wyatt and calls him "dashing" as well. But she seems perfectly fine with Sally's presence in Wyatt's life and Eric's clearly a fan.

Ridge is glaring at nothing and no one in particular over by the fireplace. 

Carter sees him: "You ready for this?"

Ridge sighs: "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Carter: "Just remember, it was Steffy's decision to end things with Liam. She says this is what she wants. You have to take her at her word." Yeah, right, Carter.

Ridge: "Then she should have stopped by the reception. She doesn't have to be here for the ceremony, does she?"

Carter: "I think she's got her mother for emotional support." Hahahahahahahaha!

Ridge: "Yeah. Where is Taylor?" Is that a serious question, Ridge?

Liam is taking one last look in the mirror.

Here's a shot of him in his tux. I mean, he's okay, I guess.

liam-spencer-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

He turns to see Taylor standing right behind him. Not creepy at all.

Liam: "Taylor." He regains his composure a moment later. "I'm surprised to see you here."

Taylor: "Well, frankly, I'm surprised to be here. You and Hope were supposed to be over, especially after you had a child with my daughter. I've never worried about Steffy when she was with you. Because I knew you would take care of her. I knew you would take care of each other because... you two love each other. You always have. And love like that... it just doesn't disappear. And that's why I'm here. I want to make one last plea on behalf of Steffy."

DlEIrpcX4AAZRzi.jpg

Know your place, bitch.

Liam: "I realize this is not a great day for you."

DlEIrpeXoAYkt1t.jpg

Taylor sounded more unhinged by the minute: "It's a travesty, is what it is. My daughter is paying the price for what Bill did. How is that fair?" No, she's paying the price for what SHE did.

Liam: "It's -- it's not. My dad caused a lot of damage. I don't --"

Taylor goes full on Sylvester the Cat and I'm surprised Liam didn't step back to avoid the impending spittle: "Damage? Damage? What are you talking about? He wrecked your family! You and Steffy would be together right now raising that beautiful little girl together if it weren't for what Bill did. And, you know, I want to tell you something. Despite what Steffy said, I don't care if she said it was consensual. Bill took advantage of her. He knew she was hurting. He knew she was vulnerable, and he targeted her. And then somehow he made you to believe that she was still carrying on with him so you would turn to Hope. Don't you see? That's exactly what he wanted! You will never make me believe this wedding would be happening if it weren't for the fact that Hope is pregnant. Please. Listen to me. Steffy loves you. She wants a family with you. Don't do this. Don't marry Hope." OMFG!!! It was as consensual as consensual can be.

Maybe someone needs to queue up the flashbacks foisted upon us for Taylor the Delusional.

ZuQADq.gif&key=4d5859789dcc6255589070f66

An unseen Brooke is right outside the door and can hear them: "Oh my God!"

Liam: "You know I love your daughter, right? I loved her so much, and it was a blessing to be the man in her life as long as I was. But that's over now, and I'm marrying Hope today, and... actually, I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll see you up there." He skedaddles and I don't blame him from not wanting to be alone in a cabin with another unstable woman.

Brooke storms in seconds later: "How dare you. You have no shame, do you?" 

DlFG16WU0AEWyA5.jpg

Taylor turns to face her, duck lips on full display: "No, I don't deny it. I was urging Liam to call off this sham of a wedding."

DlFG16VU8AAjyE7.jpg

Brooke: "Sham? Liam and Hope have loved each other for many years, Taylor." 

Taylor: "Oh, my gosh. Come on, Brooke. Even you can see it on some level that none of this would be happening if it weren't for what Bill did. Liam with Hope, and now Steffy's left all alone, out in the cold, so Bill can rush in and be the hero and rescue her." Oh boo fucking hoo! Your daughter is reaping what she sowed the night she rode the stallion, a night which happened LONG before Hope returned from Italy.

Brooke dismisses her: "I'm sorry, but that really isn't my concern today. All I care about is watching my daughter get the life back that she deserves-"

Taylor interjects: "Oh, my gosh. Here we go again."

Brooke: "That was stolen from her by Bill and by Steffy." YAAASSSS! Preach it, Brooke! They were both complicit. 

Taylor: "Living in the past again! Everybody moved on, except for you and Hope! Liam definitely did. He did with Steffy. They have a beautiful little girl to prove it." I love how she thinks everyone should just move on when it benefits her daughter. How convenient for her. Also, I am so sick of her sanctimonious bullshit. She shot a man in the back, nearly killing him, and got away with it and has the nerve to point fingers? If she's such a moral paragon, then why the hell hasn't she turned herself in? 

Brooke sighs, knowing the clock is ticking: "Oh, my God, I am not having this argument with you today, Taylor, not on my daughter's wedding day. I want you to leave."

Taylor is all feigned indignance: "I'm Steffy's guest."

Brooke: "I don't care. I am not gonna have this negative energy around on Hope and Liam's special day! I want you gone, Taylor. Do you understand me?" I love "give no fucks, Brooke!

Back inside the house, Liam is greeted by Donna and Katie and he spots Steffy, but I didn't say any hint of longing or pining in his eyes when he looks at her, but that's exactly what's written all over her.

DlEt_PcUcAA96PR.jpg

DlEt--IVAAAJU5a.jpg

They chat for a bit, with her ultimately wishing him the best. 

Upstairs a distracted Brooke helps Hope with her wedding gown and I'm still SMH over her wearing it, considering the baggage/history attached to it.

Hope: "Thank you. I can't believe it's happening today. I am finally getting married."

Brooke laughs: "Well, you can believe it because it is happening. And nothing or nobody is going to take away the life that you deserve." Are your ears burning, Taylor?

They share a warm hug, just moments away from Hope heading down the stairs to her groom. Such as he is.

Downstairs, Steffy spots Taylor in the foyer and is immediately suspicious: "Mom. Mom, where have you been? Did you go to see Liam?" Don't ask questions you already know the answer to.

Taylor: "I did." 

Steffy is furious (or seems so) and hisses: "I told you not to do anything. Don't spoil this day for Hope and Liam!"

Taylor: "Oh, if only I had been so lucky."

Steffy: "Liam marrying Hope, it's the right thing."

Taylor: "Not for you. Not for your family. Sweetheart, I admire your courage, but please... it's so wrong. It's wrong." So what is she gonna do, shoot the bride? The groom? Both? Brooke? She can aim for herself and take a permanent dirt nap as far as I'm concerned...and take Ridge with her. 

Steffy, pleading: "Mom, will you not do this right now, please? We're in public. I'd like you to stop." Again, I do feel for Steffy here. No child should have to beg their parent(s) to do the right thing.

Ridge finally notices their interaction: "Everything okay over here?" Hell no!

Steffy: "Yeah, it's just a mother-daughter disagreement." Taylor retreats into her typical child-like shell and says nothing.

Ridge: "Well, it's a challenging day, especially for you. It's not too late. If you want to get out of here, I'll cover for you." 

Steffy is resolute: "It's okay, I'm staying."

She heads into the living room to take her seat just as Brooke comes down the stairs to announce:  "The bride is almost ready, so please take your seats."

Those not yet seated make to do exactly that, including Taylor, but Brooke, a sweet smile on her lips, takes her by the elbow and pulls her back into the foyer.

Brooke.thumb.jpg.8b3f5f159d48d51efa1e38576e25d3f6.jpg

Brooke, still smiling: "A moment?"

Taylor: "Get your hands off of me."

Brooke's smile disappears and it's as chillingly awesome as I imagined it would be: "Clearly you weren't listening. I told you to leave."

Taylor-Brooke-before-wedding-HW.jpg?dbf5

Taylor: "I'm here to support my daughter, and that's exactly what I'm going to do." You are an embarrassment to your daughter. 

Brooke gives a quick glance upstairs: "Well, it might not be the right time to make a graceful exit. Besides, I really don't want to cause a scene. So why don't you go, find your seat, sit down, and shut your mouth? And don't say a word. I don't want you to ruin this very special day for Hope and Liam." OMG guys, she essentially told her to shut the fuck up and it is GLORIOUS! So glorious in fact that I'm grabbed some more wine and rewatched that whole exchange.

giphy.gif

Taylor moves to sit her ass down as Brooke takes her place at the altar and Brooke glares at her like "I will cut you if you make one sound."

This sums up today's showdown so perfectly:

DlGncNvX0AAs0EG.jpg

The music begins and Hope begins to walk down the stairs. 

Here's a full-length shot:

hope-wedding-gown-2018-hw.jpg

The bride and groom only have eyes for each other. As it SHOULD be.

DlGD8FMVAAAMLKE.jpg

DlGD9wbUYAAEX9s.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it won't last but I love these two actors together and want their characters to have some happiness, especially Hope. 

I can't wait to see what happens next with their wedding festivities. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I had a feeling this was going to be a hoot, so I prepared in advance; popcorn was popped, cold adult beverage freshly prepared, and my two furbabies in their customary places for B&B viewing.

TAYLOR

Oh joy! This dimwit did not disappoint. I can’t decide which line I liked better:

To Brooke: “Living in the past again! Everybody else has moved on….”  The fug? Is that why you go around referring to Ridge as your husband?

To Liam: “You and Steffy would still be together right now raising that beautiful little girl together if it weren’t for what Bill did."  Huh? Bill fucked himself?

To Steffy: “Sweetheart, this is just wrong, for you to be forced to sit there and watch Hope steal the father of your little girl?"  Oh, that evil Hope, chaining Steffy to that chair……

I hope Taylor stays around. She is absolute comedy gold. I was shoveling popcorn and guzzling my cold Strawberry Daiquiri as I snorted with glee and delight at Taylor’s shenanigans.

RIDGE

You Debbie Downer, friggin Negative Nelly! And once again, there you are, leering across the room at your daughter. EWWWW! I would love to see Brooke stuff a huge piece of wedding cake in his hateful mouth. Or maybe one of Pam’s lemon bars, you just know she baked a batch for the wedding, and I can’t think of a better place to dispose of them than in Ridge’s slaptrap.

BROOKE

Girrrrrrrrl! You were rocking that pale blue, and I love the chunky, uneven haircut. Compared to Taylor, who was dressed for either a funeral, or a bit part in the remake of A Rocky Horror Picture Show, Brooke was a magnificent, beautiful Goddess. And, she gave us the best exchange of the entire show:

Brooke: “A moment?”

Taylor: “Get your hands off of me.”

Brooke: “Clearly you weren't listening. I told you to leave.”

Taylor: “I'm here to support my daughter, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.”

Brooke: “Well, it might not be the right time to make a graceful exit. Besides, I really don't want to cause a scene. So why don't you go, find your seat, sit down, and shut your mouth? And don't say a word. I don't want you to ruin this very special day for Hope and Liam.”

Go find your seat, sit down, and shut your mouth. I was completely undone. My Quinn, who also loves Brooke, tilted her beautiful Pittie head back and looked at me like “Mom, if I could only laugh like you!”, her eyes glowing with delight.

This episode made me happy on so many levels, but mostly to show how Brooke’s life has settled, and she has everything a woman could want. Now, I am no Bridge supporter, and I despise Ridge, but Brooke loves him, and she got her man. She also has loving children, her deep and abiding friendship with Eric, her “work” at FC’s. She remains as beautiful as ever, and can still bring the sexy whenever she desires.

And Taylor has………..crickets

Word to all of this...

And the Hope/Logan haters can suck it about how their girl got all these fun, cool destination weddings while poor widdle Hope is getting married in a living room. For me, if you have to spice up what should already be a spicy event with a snazzy location, then the couple/wedding ain't all that. Hope has always wanted a more simple life, surrounded by family and friends, most importantly, her mom by her side. I loved that Brooke was Hope's MOH and the love between them is evident. Not so with Steffy and Taylor and I do feel sorry for Steffy.

And maybe, just maybe, Steffy's bluster isn't all an act because if ever there was a cautionary tale for her future, it's her cuckoo mother. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Taylor, his former wife and mother of three of his four children. 

Which reminds me...since I was only half watching, did they explain Slouchy's absence?

• Love 3

The bride and groom only have eyes for each other. As it SHOULD be.

Well, except for that one wonky eye of Hope's. ;-)

And the Hope/Logan haters can suck it about how their girl got all these fun, cool destination weddings while poor widdle Hope is getting married in a living room. For me, if you have to spice up what should already be a spicy event with a snazzy location, then the couple/wedding ain't all that.

There's a saying (I think from the heyday of the Oprah-esque talk show hosts) that the bigger the engagement ring, the shallower the relationship. In the case of Steffy, I'm thinking the more elaborate the destination wedding the less likely it is to last. She started with a mean girl hipster scene on a Vail mountaintop and it all went downhill from there. Maybe the next time she and Liam should just go to the courthouse. No muss, no fuss.

• Love 5

That wedding is exactly why most cultures practice exogamy. Families cannot withstand the emotional fracture of that much intermarriage. That being said, Hope looked lovely even though her dress was blah. I don't know how Scott Clifton pulls off Liam always in love, but kudos to him for selling it. 

Steffy can keep the playing sympathy card, but nope, she had sex with her significant other's father. Disgusting!

I have never liked Wyatt, but he and Sally are a nice couple.

Nice seeing Bill on the outs with both sons. He is so pathetic. It is still all about him. He wasn't there for them when they were growing up. Please you are a scumbag who isn't there for your sons, period. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

And the Hope/Logan haters can suck it about how their girl got all these fun, cool destination weddings while poor widdle Hope is getting married in a living room. For me, if you have to spice up what should already be a spicy event with a snazzy location, then the couple/wedding ain't all that. Hope has always wanted a more simple life, surrounded by family and friends, most importantly, her mom by her side. I loved that Brooke was Hope's MOH and the love between them is evident. Not so with Steffy and Taylor and I do feel sorry for Steffy.

Hope and Liam did have the Italy wedding that Bill had Deacon bust up but it didn't take.

While I'm oddly glad Lope got hitched, I kind of wish it wasn't yet another living room wedding with Queric front and center but given that the only other Hope wedding that went to completion was her elopement with Wyatt, I get why she wanted to have one surrounded by family and friends.

And now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as things are syncing up way too easily for Lope and their baby.

Taylor and Steffy should have a rockier relationship because while never her intention, Taylor was MIA for most of the twin's childhood and when she returned wasn't quite stable like she had been back in the day. For all intents Taylor really should have some serious PTSD from her captivity and bonding issues with Steffy. Steffy should be closer to her dad and misplaced anger and abandonment issues with Taylor that she never quite overcomes. This is why Jack Marrone should've been more of a deal for Taylor - he was her 'make-up' kid. A child she could raise from birth to adulthood unlike with Thomas and the twins and who Steffy could've resented for getting Taylor during a time when she couldn't.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4

WTF was going on with Hope's eyebrows? Looked to me like they were drawn on with a grease pencil.

Poor Carter. I don't know how he conducts these merry-go-round Forrester/Spencer/Logan weddings with a straight face. Or how does he come up with new things to say each time.

Forever? Seriously, Brooke? It'll last a year, tops.

Liam faithful? For the rest of his life? I give him six months, tops.

• Love 4

Wasn't Thorne in a relationship with Taylor in Europe, and at first Aly was opposed and then eventually she accepted Taylor?  I don't think we ever heard about them breaking up after that, and Thorne shows up back in LA.  Now they see each other for the first time, I think, and all they can do is say "hi"?

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wasn't Thorne in a relationship with Taylor in Europe, and at first Aly was opposed and then eventually she accepted Taylor?  I don't think we ever heard about them breaking up after that, and Thorne shows up back in LA.  Now they see each other for the first time, I think, and all they can do is say "hi"?

If I remember correctly, I think Taylor and Thorne fizzled out without much fanfare.  Taylor did end up with Eric...they had an argument over Taylor blabbing at Brooke's birthday party that Brooke was having an affair with Bill, then Taylor walked out of the bedroom in her pajamas, apparently all the way to Paris!

• Love 6
On 8/19/2018 at 9:17 AM, RuntheTable said:

When it comes to Taylor it is so easy, you know? What I disliked so much about Taylor, particularly in the early years, was how she let everyone else do the heavy lifting, while she reaped the benefits, and most importantly, kept her halo nice and shiny. She was involved in, or knew about, so many plots and machinations designed to hurt Brooke. She would give those big, beautiful doe eyes of innocence, and lay voice to how maybe you shouldn't do that, all the while exploding with happiness inside. She was subversive and just a sneaky little snake. I have always believed that is why Taylor's betrayal crushed Ridge far more than anything Brooke had done, or could ever do. Ridge bought into Taylor's game; her twinkling halo had blinded Ridge for years, and when that blinding light went out, he saw her for what she really was. 

It was never like that with Brooke. He always knew who Brooke was. Brooke fought her own battles, and yeah, she fucked up a lot, but I would much rather a person be in your face about it, than let their henchman-in-law act as their enforcer. There is no way to fairly fight that. Stephanie and Taylor were two sick, twisted bitches, who woke up each day with renewed determination to hurt Brooke, and set to work with vigor and glee. God, how I hated them. 

This would have been my argument on why its impossible to really come down hard on the side of either Taylor or Brooke.  Two sides of the same coin.  Their past transgressions are more similar than not.  An argument that Taylor was happily on a pedestal and got knocked off of it doesn't make  her similar sins worse than Brooke's.  At the same time, Brooke having the reputation of a scheming fuck up doesn't make her virtues more virtuous. 

I also don't think Brooke and Ridge ended up together because of true love or because Brooke is a better character or anything like that.  They would be locked into an eternal triangle if not for one thing... Hunter Tylo was a behind the scenes nightmare.  If you are going to pick a long term leading lady its going to be KKL because they had to be sick of HT's diva behavior and feuds and always leaving for greener pastures.

And I do admit that Taylor is worse (by a lot) than Brooke in the show currently and for the last several years.  But its a matter of degrees which boil down to Taylor is the pathetic loser and Brooke is the pathetic winner in the war for Ridge's love.  Its a lot easier to come across as a better person if you won.  But that doesn't change that both of them are trying to relive their battle for a man's love through their daughters and its equally pathetic for both of them.

So yes, Brooke wins.  She sucks less than Taylor.  But I really wish she (or anyone on this show for that matter) was someone I could root for.

7 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm pretty sure that Steffy's beatification is a con.  

I think this gives the show credit for being deeper than a shallow puddle in a locale that has been in drought for thirty years.  Its not.

That doesn't mean I think Steffy won't change about wanting Liam back or thinking she is better for him.  I think she will.  This is a show that got Steffy and Liam broken up and Hope and Liam remarried in what seems to be under a week in show time and about 3 weeks in viewer time.  

But I also think if Steffy were running a con there would be a bunch of close ups with ominous music that aren't happening.  Long gone is the show that reveals a transgression to the audience seven years before the characters find out.  They are doing 180 degree turns with no build up.  It would be more interesting if Steffy were scheming or if she really moved on, so neither of those will happen.

8 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Steffy needs to realize that karma is a bitch.  A bitch that looks just like her mommie dearest. 

I think if you go back to the origins of Brooke/Ridge/Taylor that they are making a parallel between Brooke = Steffy and Hope = Taylor because...irony.

I think we are trapped in a loop where poor Liam is wronged by the woman he is with and returns to the other one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hope miscarries and delays telling him because she is afraid he'll leave her and go back to Steffy.  Not because its in character but because its this show.  I'm sure she'll get diagnosed with something that makes her sympathetic after Liam goes back to Steffy and then Liam will want to help Hope and then Steffy will lash out and then the circle of life.

• Love 8

I thought it was a nice wedding.  Shame about the slattern, her psycho mother and her asshole father.  I laughed out loud when everyone turned to Hauxdilox to sing her praises of the happy couple.  Talk about twisting the knife!  And did they really have to devote so much of their vows to complimenting Hauxdi.  She 'gave up' a man who was already out the door.  She didn't donate a kidney.  I did feel a few twinges of sympathy for Steffy every time there was a closeup of Ridge or Taylor.  Even a piece of work like Hauxdilox doesn't deserve to have a mother and father who are BOTH complete assholes.

There's rumour/speculation that Hope is going to miscarry and lie about it which will send Liam racing back to Steffy.  A certain fandom is really howling for that baby's blood.  I get the feeling that this is mostly a lot of wishful thinking.  If Hope does miscarry, why would she lie about it, especially to the man she loves who happens to be the father.  Lying is Steffy's thing not Hope's.  And why would losing a baby send Liam back to Steffy?  Because she's the one with the LIVE baby?  That's a ringing endorsement for the enduring love that is Steam.

One of the main things that Liam said about Hope was that he TRUSTED her.  She's not devious or dishonest and he knows that.  Liam has NEVER trusted Steffy.  We found that out when he read her for filth after finding her in the sack with his brother.  Even if he and Hope lose their baby, Steffy is still the woman who FUCKED HIS FATHER.   Will a dead fetus erase that betrayal?

It would be nice if Hope and Liam get a chance to have at least a few months of married life.  Let THEM choose if their marriage succeeds or fails. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

This would have been my argument on why its impossible to really come down hard on the side of either Taylor or Brooke.  Two sides of the same coin.  Their past transgressions are more similar than not.  An argument that Taylor was happily on a pedestal and got knocked off of it doesn't make  her similar sins worse than Brooke's.  At the same time, Brooke having the reputation of a scheming fuck up doesn't make her virtues more virtuous. 

I also don't think Brooke and Ridge ended up together because of true love or because Brooke is a better character or anything like that.  They would be locked into an eternal triangle if not for one thing... Hunter Tylo was a behind the scenes nightmare.  If you are going to pick a long term leading lady its going to be KKL because they had to be sick of HT's diva behavior and feuds and always leaving for greener pastures.

And I do admit that Taylor is worse (by a lot) than Brooke in the show currently and for the last several years.  But its a matter of degrees which boil down to Taylor is the pathetic loser and Brooke is the pathetic winner in the war for Ridge's love.  Its a lot easier to come across as a better person if you won.  But that doesn't change that both of them are trying to relive their battle for a man's love through their daughters and its equally pathetic for both of them.

At this point, both Taylor and Brooke are pathetic losers, but so is Ridge.  I hated how Ridge got a free pass on so many things, and that he got to judge Taylor and Brooke for their behavior.  Ridge screwed his brother's wife and his father's wife.  He has no business judging anyone.  Something else that has always annoyed me is the criticism that Taylor gets for the runway proposal.  Ridge set all that up, including making sure Brooke couldn't get dressed and out on the runway.

I don't believe the rumors about Hunter Tylo.  If she had the power to dictate SLs, the character of Taylor wouldn't have been killed off.  The only people who have control of this show were Bill Bell and now Brad Bell.

The writers should have stayed with vengeful Steffy who makes Liam's life hell, and then moves on from him.  Steffy is in a unique position.  She is the one with the money and power while Liam is homeless and jobless.  It's usually the woman who is vulnerable.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't believe the rumors about Hunter Tylo.  If she had the power to dictate SLs, the character of Taylor wouldn't have been killed off.  The only people who have control of this show were Bill Bell and now Brad Bell.

I don't recall ever hearing rumors about dictating storylines.  What I do remember is a ton of gossip about on set feuds, particularly with Kimberlin Brown.

But the thing that sticks out is an interview Tylo did on her return from her first death where she was explaining how she came to cheat on her husband while filming that mini series while she was "dead" on B&B..  Her excuses (more so than cheating) were so wrong in so many ways that she ended up as my prime example of my ability to disassociate my feelings about an actor from the character they play.  Because they were her words and they were that offensive.

For all I know, she is a completely different person now. She has certainly suffered more than her share of tragedy. But I do buy that she was a diva back in the 90s and it wouldn't surprise me if she had enough pull at some point, briefly, to get her way on storylines. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

There's rumour/speculation that Hope is going to miscarry and lie about it which will send Liam racing back to Steffy.  A certain fandom is really howling for that baby's blood.  I get the feeling that this is mostly a lot of wishful thinking.  If Hope does miscarry, why would she lie about it, especially to the man she loves who happens to be the father.  Lying is Steffy's thing not Hope's.  And why would losing a baby send Liam back to Steffy?  Because she's the one with the LIVE baby?  That's a ringing endorsement for the enduring love that is Steam

Never forget that this show had Saint Bridget lie about having an abortion to test Nick's loyalty. Between the both of them, I find Bridget's lie to be a far bigger stretch.

That said, I absolutely see Bell doing this, probably to draw a parallel to 20 years ago when Brooke lost that baby on her honeymoon--after moving up her wedding to keep Taylor from showing up to spill about Thomas But let's be honest, here: Liam was able to walk away from Ivy and all her stability and presumably healthy sex life for Steffy's Cha Cha Cha for no pressing reason. I wouldn't blame her for at least considering it. But God, if you're at that point on your 8th wedding attempt, then what even is the point?

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

It is absolutely true. All of it. When she came back in '95 as a Born Again Christian, she asked that Taylor not be shown to divorce Ridge and that her character be the only one with Ridge's children. There was always room for doubt for Bridget's paternity, but that was the driving reason for her paternity being re-written. Why Bill Bell put up with this when Y&R actors were shown the door for less only he knows, but drama has followed her on nearly every project she's been apart of going back to Days of our Lives.

That's not me bashing the actress or pissing on Taylor (a character I did love more than Brooke once). It's just...the truth.

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers should have stayed with vengeful Steffy who makes Liam's life hell, and then moves on from him.  Steffy is in a unique position.  She is the one with the money and power while Liam is homeless and jobless.  It's usually the woman who is vulnerable.

That didn't used to be the case. Soaps used to be about women overcoming the odds and even victims played an active role in their recovery/justice. There's no clearer example of this than when Caroline I got to tell her controlling father that she wasn't going to let her attack be used as an excuse to move back in with him. That whole story cumulated in Ridge being her character witness in the trail, putting aside his pride for the first and last time to comfirm they'd split up because Caroline wanted to remain a virgin.

But damn, you describe Liam like that, it makes even less sense why anyone would deal with him. In Los Angeles rents, not having a job is a no go. :|

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

If I remember correctly, I think Taylor and Thorne fizzled out without much fanfare.  Taylor did end up with Eric...they had an argument over Taylor blabbing at Brooke's birthday party that Brooke was having an affair with Bill, then Taylor walked out of the bedroom in her pajamas, apparently all the way to Paris!

I remember that, but I am pretty sure this is after that, more recent.  It was WH as Thorne, they came back as a couple and Aly went BSC.  Eventually she acquiesced and accepted Taylor.  But after that, Aly died, and WH returned as Thorne and we never heard another thing about them as a couple.  I think this is the first time we have seen Thorne and Taylor together, but no mention of their relationship.

• Love 3

I wish Eric would have slapped Ridge and told him to stop lusting after his Daughter at the wedding yesterday!  OMG and how awkward for Steffy when everyone was speaking and Ridge makes a dramatic turn to look at how she is doing, and EVERYONE at the wedding follows suite and turns and looks at her. 

Ridge is putting out weird vibes with his daughter lately, please tell me i'm not the only one picking up what he's putting down?!?! and it is GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok wedding over, bring on the Taylor/Brooke Drama, KICK HER ASS BROOKE!!!!!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, bannana said:

I remember that, but I am pretty sure this is after that, more recent.  It was WH as Thorne, they came back as a couple and Aly went BSC.  Eventually she acquiesced and accepted Taylor.  But after that, Aly died, and WH returned as Thorne and we never heard another thing about them as a couple.  I think this is the first time we have seen Thorne and Taylor together, but no mention of their relationship.

I think, assuming I have the timeline correct (which is a pretty big assumption LOL), the Eric thing happened after Thorne.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

And why would losing a baby send Liam back to Steffy?  Because she's the one with the LIVE baby?

With this show?  That's exactly why he'd run back to Steffy.  I really don't want a miscarriage storyline.  Not because I care whether a fictional baby is fictionally killed off, but because the back and forth and back and forth with couples has become a joke.

• Love 5

I'm not doing a full recap of yesterday's show because it honestly wasn't all that exciting.

I guess the biggest shock was that they actually did get married.

Hope-Carter-Lliam-altar-HW.jpg

Of course, let's see if they actually file the marriage certificate or whatnot to officially seal the deal as we all know how the show has used that pesky little detail to invalidate a number of marriages.

Anyway, when I was sitting there, just waiting for Steffy or, more likely, Taylor, to doooo something!!!! you know it's a pretty staid affair...and that's actually okay. It was nice to see the wedding go off without a hitch this time. And nary a stupid ass zipline in sight.

Suck it, Hauxdi and Cuckoo!

DlKt2N2X4AI3zgq.jpg

I didn't really care for the part where the guests had to say something to the couple. I would have hated being put on the spot like that. But I did love when everyone turned to Steffy and essentially forced her to speak up. 

DlD829nUcAAHk87.jpg

Pam-Sally-Steffy-Katie-HW.jpg?dbf50c

We all knew she would have anyway because God forbid she not be the center of attention at all times forever and ever amen.

Also, these "alternate" speeches - hilarious!

Snark aside, the vows were sweet, the couple was, too, and I have to hand it to SC, he really does sell being in love with whomever he's partnered with, no matter how quickly the partners change.

Here are some more wedding photos.

First, the happy (for now) couple:

DlJxgaHXsAE1U-3.jpg

I'm guessing Ridge is still grumbling in a corner somewhere? Oh well, it's probably best the hobo sat out the photo session.

DlKQM7iW4AA0k0d.jpg

liam-hope-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

The hottest couple in town (sorry, Lope). 

DlKQfgfX0AAppfs.jpg

That is the fakest smile that ever faked, Taylor. Also, your makeup looks like a mask. 

DlKQhE5WsAAupPy.jpg

Please, please, please stay, Budge! I have missed you so!

bridget-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Papa Eric wholeheartedly agrees with me.

eric-bridget-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Katie and Thorne aren't the most riveting pairing but they look amazing together:

katie-thorne-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Bridget: Who the heck are these guys?

ridge-bridget-thorne-wedding-2018-hw.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot, $ Bill was on, too, and was whining to Justin about not being in his sons' lives. Well, that's all on you, so suck it up, cupcake!

Speaking of cupcakes, bring on the cake fight!

• Love 12

I've heard the same stories about Hunter Tylo that @ParadoxLost (cool name) and @Anna Yolei have heard.  I don't doubt that they're true but I also think there's a lot of good old fashioned misogyny as well.  I don't know if a man would have the same reputation if he made the kind of demands that Tylo did during her heyday.  I think one of Tylo's biggest mistakes is that she believed her own press.  All that fan adulation went to her head.  One of the first rules of show business is that if you are going to be a bitch/son of a bitch, you better be able to deliver the goods.  We've all seen Tylo act so it's clear she's nothing more than a pretty face.  And that pretty face is a thing of the past.  Tylo wasn't just a pain to the head office, she was rude and nasty to her co-workers.  Big mistake.

Great job with the recaps, as usual, @CountryGirl

• Love 5

Thanks for all the great recaps this week, CountryGirl! I really enjoy reading them and either fervently nodding in agreement and/or laughing hysterically!  I thought JMW and HTy looked a lot alike when they were younger and less "enhanced" but it's downright scary how much they even more closely resemble each other post "work." Also, did Steffy's dress have some weird cut-outs at the waist? In that photo with HTy, it looks like flesh peeking out on her right side. 

Bridget's dress is a pretty color but I'm not sure I like the asymmetrical styling and ruffles.  Kind of swallows her up but I will take AJ any way I can see her!

Re: Hunter Tylo. I read that the times Taylor was "killed off" was because Hunter wanted to pursue other outside projects, like the big movie in India that never even made it to the small screen.  That's sort of like what Joanna Johnson did early on.  She was so convinced that from her exposure on B&B, that Hollywood would be knocking at her door. Um, 'fraid not. She went on to do behind the scenes work (where she eventually became quite successful, producing shows such as Faith and Hope) before being brought back as Karen Spencer.  At least HTy waited longer to build up enough of a fan base before her attempt. That's why it was probably easier for the Bells to bring her back from the dead.  I read about JJ from an interview she did in TV Guide (2012-13-ish?) when she came back as Karen for the coming out storyline. You can read pretty much about HTy's life in literally an open book, her memoir, Making a Miracle. That came out about 20 years ago during the Aaron Spelling trial, Tylo was pregnant and her daughter was born and diagnosed with retinoblastoma.

My local supermarket has nice chocolate, red velvet and Boston cream cakes on sale today, so I am going to splurge and buy a "wedding cake" for tonight's viewing! I hope I don't end up throwing it at the TV!

• Love 8

If Hunter Tylo was so difficult, why bring Taylor back from the dead a second time?  At that point, they had Rick, Bridget, Thomas, Steffy, Phoebe, Hope and eventually RJ and Allie.  They should have moved forward, and given the legacy characters better SLs.  Not stuck them in a rerun of their parent's stupidity, and killed them off.

It would be hilarious if Steffy had fired Liam from FC, Bill wouldn't hire him back, and Liam had to live off Hope's salary and whatever money they could get from Brooke.  Keep fighting over Liam, you twits, he is such a prize, NOT.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2