Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

The one thing that I want Sally to take from this debacle is that she DOESN'T need Thomas.  She created a fashion line that had the experts raving.  ALL BY HERSELF.  It would be nice if Sally and Thomas got back together and continued to love each other, but no more putting Thomas on a pedestal while she plays little match girl.  Sally Spectra is a kickass designer who has a great future ahead of her.  Thomas should be her man, NOT her saviour.

And this is where Liam comes in, because he will be the one who will convince Sally that she's the bomb all by herself and doesn't need Thomas and they will get closer, etc. and Steffy will be upset and want revenge on Sally for taking Liam away from her, not stopping to think the grave you dig for someone else, you dig for yourself.

• Love 11
On 8/29/2017 at 2:24 PM, RuntheTable said:

I am not at all surprised that Donny Most was only a checker and not a fixer.

like those dame commercials, he's a electrical Monitor, "oh you have issues, you better call an Electrician"

• Love 3
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

And this is where Liam comes in, because he will be the one who will convince Sally that she's the bomb all by herself and doesn't need Thomas and they will get closer,

Scott Clifton must be loving this development for professional reasons, it must be so much more satisfying to work with an actress of Sally's caliber than with the limited 'talents' of JMW.

• Love 10

I finally had a chance to watch and I have to give the devil his due.  DD plays sociopath-with-less-than-two-fucks-to-give very well.  I always believed that a parent's worst nightmare after losing a child to death is to lose a child's respect.  No matter what charge Lame threw at Bill, all Bill could do was smirk with a malevolent gleam in his eye.  Frankly, I'm shocked that he admitted to setting up the arson so readily.  The whole Spencer family loyalty speech is almost the same speech Bill gave to Carolyin' when she tripped over her purse and fell from the balcony at Bill's house a few short years ago.  At that time, Bill seemed to have enough self-awareness to be concerned that he would be blamed for Carolyn's accident.  Now?  It's like, "Yeah, I did it.  Do something about it!"

So the gauntlet has been thrown down and we'll see what Lame does about this.  I have to admit that both Lame and Bill had valid points, as they both made observations about each other that many of us have observed for years.  Bill's flaws were quite obvious when he arrived on the scene.  Bill's motivation for taking over Forrester Creations and going after Eric and two of the "evil Logan women" (evidently, Katie was "the only good Logan in the bunch") was his sperm donor's dying wish in exchange for all this power that Bill now enjoys.  There was a time when I even thought Bill was certifiably crazy.  Yet the writing over the last few years allowed the character to evolve (somewhat).  At this point, I feel that if the writers are truly going to "go there" and make Bill this megalomaniac, is it too much to ask that he be given a worthy opponent--like an adult on his level?  So far, his opponents have mostly consisted of young women who either didn't have the wealth or strength to fight back; an overgrown mama's boy named Ridge and his family and others Bill deemed as weak.  At least the Great Victor Newman had other tycoons who at least had the balls to fight a takeover of their family businesses.  SC plays so well against DD and he must be relishing this storyline.  As for Lame, he should definitely walk, but he may want to check himself before he wrecks himself as well.  As has been noted, he's got some mess with him as well.  I can't forget how he exhorted Hope to abort her unborn child because the baby would be inconvenient to his plans.  Not to mention his ongoing marriage to the Patron Saint of Harlotry, for whom he has covered up some messes, including the circumstances of the unfortunate Aly's death.  So, not only should Lame walk away from all those benefits of "living by the sword," he should out his cousin's faux illness.  Since his wife is an heiress and a "boss," it's not as if he's in danger of being a ward of the state.

I deeply resent the subtle change in writing for Stuffy so that she has plausible deniability in her conspiring with Bill to bring Sally to her knees.  She also gets to pretend to be outraged about the other things that she was not privy to when they come to light. 

Ridge showing up at the Forrester mansion seemed a little off at first.  Does someone who was basically disowned still have the ability to walk into a home as if he still had free access to it?   Ridge readily defending all things Quinn caused me to duck because of the anvil that fell from the sky.  It's clear that the writers are trying to set something up with these two.  Not to mention Eric's repeated references to there being no place for violence in his home and his none-too-subtle concern about Quinn regressing.  Sheila's rather convenient fixation on Ridge and Quinn was another big old anvil.  BTW--it's becoming way too tiresome to see the relative ease with which she can manipulate and blackmail men.  So, now she's able to wangle free room and board from yet another man at the No-Tell Hotel to prolong her stay.  And, please--enough with this "spell" that people fall under with Sheila.  As I indicated yesterday, it ain't even that kind of party anymore.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 9

Recap for Wed. 8/30/17:

We open at FC where Steffy informs Ridge that there was a fire at SF. Fauxdi is still sporting the same teenager getup.

Ridge: "How bad?"

Steffy: "Bad."

Ridge.thumb.jpg.3370877c6d731544955d59ef8629d884.jpg

Ridge: "How bad? Is anyone hurt?" Even Ridge has a heart in there somewhere, as much as it pains me to say it.

Steffy: "Well, Sally got a little smoke inhalation, but the doctor said she's gonna be fine."

Ridge: "What about her collection?"

Steffy: "It's completely destroyed."

Ridge: "Wow. The timing of it, huh? The night before their big show." And notice, unlike Bill, he actually seems sorry for them.

Steffy shares there's no insurance money either and Ridge calls that "a nightmare."

Ridge: "Seems ironic, doesn't it? Sally loses her collection and we lose our collection to Sally."

Steffy: "That's true. I guess I should feel some kind of justification, but I don't."

Ridge: "No. What you're feeling, my sweet daughter, is compassion. I knew you had it in you." Okay, I kind of threw up in my mouth a little, hearing him call his barracuda daughter "sweet" or as someone who knows what compassion is.

Steffy: "Well, what do you know. I actually feel sorry for Sally. And I'm sure Bill Spencer's just riding high at the moment." She almost seems to look guilty (considering her part in the Carowhine lie) but that must have been gas or something. 

Ridge: "Yeah, Bill, huh? It's odd how that always happens. He wanted that building. Now he's gonna get it for pennies on the dollar. And he gets to kick CJ while he's down. That fire couldn't have happened at a better time for Billy."

Ridge2.thumb.jpg.319297abf482b6dbb59c86f668e1af5b.jpg

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I would love it if Ridge took Bill down a peg or two. I don't want him to reunite with Brooke or anything crazy like that, but no one gets Bill's goat like Ridge. And his goat needs gotten in the worst way. And it needs to a peer, not one of his children whom he can easily manipulate.

Steffy asks Ridge if he wants to grab a drink but he's off to the Forrester mansion to see what Cray-Cray is up to and to let his father know he has his back as well as Quinn's. He leaves, but not before telling her he wants to be kept up-to-date about the fire. Uh huh...he's going to find out something, somehow.

Over at the mansion, Eric gets Quinn a glass of water to soothe her throat, which shows no signs of being choked a few minutes earlier. Continuity fail.

Quinn grouses about how Sheila gets her so wound up and Eric reminds her that she's gone now.

Quinn: "Yeah. And not a moment too soon. It feels so nice to have our house back. I was starting to feel like a stranger here." And acting like one, too.

Eric: "And a lot of that was unnecessary." Oh no, it was very necessary.

Quinn: "Eric, she brought out the worst in me. I think she's dangerous and I'm never gonna trust her. Sheila's crazy." Right on all counts.

Eric tells her he's well aware of what Sheila is capable of. If that's true, why did you let her stay in your home for days upon days?

He then questions her getting into fights with Sheila, telling her: "Quinn, you've come so far. I don't want you to fall back into your old ways. I don't want that."

Why are you chastising your wife for defending herself?

I think it was more than just getting Sheila to keep quiet about Quinn knocking her out cold (which, self-defense). I think it was partially to punish her and get his ego stroked. Eric is just the worst right now.

Quinn: "But I'm not. I mean, you yourself said that you know Sheila's capabilities. Obviously, you know her ability to push buttons and taunt and instigate and fake her condition."

Eric: "She admitted that her condition was getting better." Because she had been caught faking red-handed.

Quinn: "Yeah, because I walked in on her! I caught her! She was prancing around in the guest room like she was queen of the manor!" 

Eric: "But even James said that she was getting better."

Quinn: "James is under her spell, too." Ooooh, that gets his attention.

Eric: "'Too?' Is that what you think I am? Under her spell?" Um, duh.

Quinn backpedals, "No, no, I didn't mean it that way. Please. Please can we drop this? Sheila is not worth arguing about." 100% agree.

Eric: "No. No, she's not. I was just stating the obvious. There's no room for physical violence, not in this home." That would be a first.

Eric continues to berate her: "Quinn, you could have killed Sheila, not once, but twice, down here, up in the bedroom. What if the police were called in?"

Quinn has the funniest line of the day: "Who's gonna call them? Sheila with her lifetime restraining order?" Word, Quinn. I snort-laughed, hearing this.

Eric exasperated: "Look, I expect you to be better than Sheila even when she's baiting you! God, you act like this is not a big deal!" Quinn was defending herself from bodily harm (if not worse) in her own home from a known psychopath. A psychopath who has made it clear that she wants nothing more than to remove Quinn from Eric's life so she can slither back into her arms. I'm still pissed at Quinn for succumbing to Ridge's smarms but she is 100% in the right here and Eric needs to go take all the seats at Dodger's stadium.

Ridge walks in, unnoticed. 

Eric, shouting now: "This is a very, very big deal!"

Ridge admittedly jumps to Quinn's defense: "Dad, what are you doing?"

Eric looks up, startled, to find his son standing in the foyer.

Ridge-confronts-Eric-BB-CBS.jpg

Ridge: "Why are you attacking Quinn because of something that Sheila did." 

Eric wants to know what Ridge is doing there.

Ridge's response, kind of hilarious: "I heard you guys and I came in." That doesn't really explain what he's doing on the property when he's been banished but whatever. 

Eric tells him this doesn't involve him.

Ridge counters: "Well, you're talking about Sheila, so it does involve me." And he has a very fair point here.

Quinn reveals that Sheila is gone because Eric finally made her leave.

Ridge: "Well, that's great news, so why are you guys fighting?"

Eric: "It's none of your business, Ridge.

Ridge: "Dad, I know you're upset with me. I get it. We have both said things that I hope we didn't mean, but we got to try to move past it. There was nothing between Quinn and me. It was...it wasn't anything." 

Eric: "Quinn and I have talked about this. We're fine."

Ridge: "All right, good. And Sheila's gone, so why are you fighting?"

Quinn reveals they had a little altercation and Eric counters it was more than once and it wasn't just "little." 

Quinn admits she let things get a bit out of hand and Eric repeats the "no violence in this house" line. 

Ridge: "It's Sheila, Dad! There's always room for that if it's her! If she's involved, it's always on her!" Preach it, Ridge! (I know, I'm surprising myself with how much I'm agreeing with him today. I'm sure it won't last). 

Eric, when faced with too much truth tells Ridge he doesn't want him there and that he should go.

Ridge: "Dad, I've got your back. And I...it doesn't always seem that way, but I want your happiness, and I know that Quinn is the key to that. And Sheila is a threat. She will threaten your wife, your family, you. Just stay away from her."

Something tells me Eric won't. He'll need that old ego of his scratched and no one does that better than Cray-Cray.

Which is going to open the door (that was never truly closed IMO) even further for Quinn and Ridge. Their reunion notwithstanding, there are serious cracks. Eric's ego and Ridge's defense of Quinn...the cracks will only grow.

Sheila's in her hotel room and I'm not recapping her shit except to say those who called her imagining her fugly-ass portrait (and this is no disrespect to KB, but her portrait makes Maya's madam one look amazing by comparison) in place of Quinn's had it right on the money.

Sheila.jpg.eed357e45f8db97564db338c2dfd23e6.jpg

Speaking of $$$, it's time for the main event and reason for watching yesterday's episode.

At Bill's office, a furious, sickened Liam confronts his father.

30.08.2017+%25280%2529.png

Liam: "It's nauseating I even have to ask you this."

Bill hisses: "Then don't."

Liam: "Dad, did you order Spectra Fashions to be torched tonight?"

Bill remains silent and wow...he doesn't even attempt to deny it.

30.08.2017+%25281%2529.png

Liam: "Just admit it, Dad. You're responsible for the fire at Spectra."

Bill, clearly not liking being taken to task for anything he does, ever, warns: "This is dangerous, Liam, and needs to stop right here...right now."

Liam eyes his father intently, showing he's not backing down, even though his heart has to be beating about a hundred miles an hour right now.

Bill stands up, to look more intimidating I'm sure: "You realize you're accusing your father of a crime."

30.08.2017+%25286%2529.png

Yes and you are a motherfucking lowlife criminal, Bill!

Liam: "First I'm asking for his honesty." Good luck with that, Liam.

Bill: "And I'm asking for a little respect."

Liam: "Respect for what?"

Bill: "For the life I have given you. The opportunities, the beach house, the cars, the expense account. You really need a laundry list, Liam?" Emotional and financial blackmail at its finest. He goes over to the bar to pour himself a drink as if this conversation were of no consequence.

Liam: "How about a moral compass? You give me that?"

Bill: "You got it from somewhere." The mother who raised him I'm sure.

Liam: "Dad, I love you. There are things about you I truly admire, really, but this is not one of them." He's really trying to reach Bill here, to find some shred of something to cling to. He's already lost one parent. To lose another is unthinkable.

Bill: "All right. I can live with that. Why can't you? Accept it and move on."

Liam is stunned: "Accept?  Yeah, I wish I could do that. Sally is no angel, but she worked hard. She worked damn hard to put that collection together."

Bill: "Oh, Liam, come on. Sally's a thief, a hustler, a two-bit knockoff queen!" And you're not a thief? On top of arson and attempted murder, he can be said to have stolen Sally's collection and potential earnings because of destroying it. The crimes just keep adding up and up and up.

Liam: "Not this time! Her line was better than good and you should know that 'cause you saw what she was capable of in Monaco! This fashion show would have turned her company around in a heartbeat! Now look me in the eye and tell me the truth! Were you behind that fire?"

30.08.2017+%252813%2529.png 

He won't let Bill break eye contact.

Bill just looks like he wants to laugh in his son's face: "You want it? Fine. You got it. Yes! I put Sally and that bottom-feeder company of hers out of their misery. And I don't regret it for a minute." Stone cold, that one.

30.08.2017+%252814%2529.png

Even though he suspected the worst, hearing his father actually say the vile words sends Liam reeling, the pain at being right cuts so deeply.

30.08.2017+%252815%2529.png

Bill is annoyed at Liam's reaction (likely thinking he's weak): "Why do you look so bewildered? You already suspected I was involved."

Liam: "Yeah, but to hear you say it..." As I said, hearing it, knowing it for a certainty is so much worse.

Bill: "Well, that's what you wanted to hear, wasn't it? About the evildoings of your father?" As if it's no sweat off his back at all. 

Liam: "How can you be glib right now?"

30.08.2017+%252819%2529.png 

Bill: "How can you be so obtuse? Answer: because everything's been handed to you. But I swim with the sharks, son. I'm a businessman who had to do whatever it took to build Spencer into the multinational power that it is. Now, since you just luxuriate in the spoils of it, that may not mean much to you. But it happens to be my life! And it has given a life to thousands of men and women who count on me for their employ." Oh, don't you dare try to snow Liam or us that it's about your employees because that is the biggest crock of shit ever.

Liam: "There's still a line, Dad. And you crossed it."

Bill: "It's a funny thing about lines, Liam. They get a little blurred, a little bit murky, just like they did for Sally when she stole from the Forresters." This was no blurred line - arson is arson is arson. 

Liam corrects him: "No, no, that wasn't a blurred line. Sally committed a crime. But one crime does not justify another!"

Bill: "Well, what you call a crime I call touché. Sally got away with a major heist."

Liam: "Yeah, and now she's the victim of one." Yes, exactly.

Bill: "Oh, come on, Liam! You want to choose sides, fine. But don't kid yourself. And don't be swayed because Sally bats her eyelashes at you. She's as big a thief as they come." And you're an even bigger one and without any shame or guilt to drag you down. How convenient.

Liam: "She used to be, and she's trying to turn her life around!"

Bill: "Well, I guess they'll have a better chance to do that starting from scratch." 

Liam eyes just bug out in disbelief: "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Tell me honestly. Is there anything that you wouldn't do to get what you want?" I doubt it.

Bill: "No. Well, generally murder. I made sure that building was cleared out. Beyond that..." He made sure the building was cleared out??? But firefighters still had to come and risk their lives for your tomfuckery. But I guess attempted murder is okay then?

Liam: "You got what you wanted. I know."

Bill: "What was I supposed to do? Wait for that freakshow to fold up its tent? I made two offers to Garrison. He turned me down both times." You could have bought another building. Hell, he could have bought another building or property across the street. 

Liam: "Yeah, so you set his building on fire."

Bill: "I eliminated an eyesore that should have been condemned in the first place." That's NOT for him to decide.

Liam: "Why? 'Cause shipping Thomas off to New York didn't work?" 

Bill scoffs: "What are you talking about? That worked great! Caroline's got her family back!" I'd say the sand is quickly starting to run out of that contrived little hourglass.

Liam: "Is there anything that you won't justify?"

Bill: "Very little."

Liam: "I fear for you. You know that? What you did to Sally and Thomas was wrong. It was so deeply wrong, and  you don't even see it. Or maybe you do see it and you just don't care because it gets in the way of that thing." (Ding ding ding!) He gestures towards Sky, disgust written all over him. "Incredibly, this is what it's all about. A relationship ruined, a company destroyed. But your ego...that's very much intact, so you don't care. All in the form of a shiny building with your name on it. And that feels good to you? That's the jackpot? That's the legacy you want to leave your kids?" He is reading Bill for filth here and everything he is saying is absolutely well-deserved but we all know Bill won't stand for anyone to challenge him.

Bill: "You have been comfortably living in my legacy since you showed up on my doorstep. But you don't want that anymore?" He gives Liam a long, don't fuck with me look. He gestures toward the door: "Get out."

Liam swallows hard, gathering his courage even though his knees are probably shaking, looks straight back at Bill: "No. I'm just getting started."

Liam, looking at the model then back at his father: "Victory by any means, at any cost to anyone. That about right?"

Bill casually swallows the drink he made for himself: "I'll pay Garrison for his building."

Liam: 'What's left of it."

Liam1.thumb.jpg.a6fbb57ceb0ad1c29db45aa005612c93.jpg

Bill: "I'll give him more than it's worth." As if that makes everything okay.

Liam: "Yeah? What about Sally? She lost a whole lot more than a building."

Bill: "You know, I find it odd that you are such a champion of Sally's, that you'd defend her after everything she put your wife through." 

Liam: "I don't have to defend Sally. She's a victim of your crime."

Bill laughs:"Sally is nobody's victim. And I'm not the first businessman to cut corners." Cut corners? CUT CORNERS????????????????????????

Liam: "You think this is cutting corners? No, you committed a serious felony." Felonies. Plural.

Bill: "It's the way of the world, son! You see an advantage, you take it! I want to see her on the LA skyline and that could only happen by getting my hands on that property." Is he for fucking real with this?

Bill1.thumb.jpg.8ea28e9d9d0febff13cc0070348da2d5.jpg

Liam: "So the end always justifies the means."

Bill nods, pleased as punch with himself. I want to throatpunch him right now.

Liam: "I know you're tough in the boardroom. I know that works. Don't try to convince me that burning down Spectra is justified for the same reason."

Bill: "Then we'll have to agree to disagree and move on."

Liam: "No, I don't think so. I went along with your lie to Thomas about Caroline's condition. I hated it, but I kept my mouth shut. This is different." He points at Bill for emphasis and you can just tell Bill doesn't like a finger, any finger, in his face.

Bill, looking amused at his scrappy little son, teases: "Is it? So what are you gonna do, Liam? You gonna turn me in? You gonna try and put your own father behind bars?" Yes, because otherwise, Liam is an accessory after the fact.

Liam: "I don't know, Dad, but there's only so much I can tolerate without hating myself. Like you said, you have your principles, and I have mine." That wipes the smirk off Bill's face.

Bill2.thumb.jpg.0dcc0f0b28ce797e1beb4a1a7c5c3a82.jpg

Bill expression and tone are that of ice: "You will keep your mouth shut about this."

And despite his bravado in the face of standing up for what's right, you see the first glint of real fear in Liam's eyes as his father outright threatens him, turning into a stranger before his very eyes.

Liam2.thumb.jpg.f47f60c71b3dc3f6d17e526898d8240d.jpg

Bill continues: "You won't say a word to Sally or Steffy or anyone else who asks. You are a Spencer." His whisper disappear as he shouts: "A Spencer! And you will act like one."

He reaches toward Liam and he actually flinches and pulls back from his father's grasp and what a telling moment that is.

Liam3.thumb.jpg.7b6e66dc980292049ebb9fa48a76e4b5.jpg

He touches Liam's sword necklace, pulling it towards him and looking at it while Liam can't even look at his father. He's looking somewhere off in the distance as his relationship with his father starts to crumble. Because nothing will ever be the same between them again. They are past the point of no return.

Liam4.thumb.jpg.5d9497f1dc65a446fa8d4fd3d231a94e.jpg

In an instant, he pulls on it and forces Liam to look at him.

Liam5.thumb.jpg.87e1ee5540845df2aa5df1b4b32770eb.jpg

Bill, his voice back to the cobra whisper now: "You live by the sword and you die by the sword."

30.08.2017+%252822%2529.png

Liam is stunned and hurt as he stares back at the unrecognizable monster in front of him.

Liam6.thumb.jpg.06198efa17bd0db35acfe48d96e6c5da.jpg

Bill: "Be true to your blood. Be true to your father." And Liam gulps, almost as if he's going to be sick, and tears are in his eyes now.

Bill finishes with the ultimate warning: "Or get the hell out and never come back..."

The words take a moment to sink in...but then the impact explodes in his head like a bullet to the brain as he blinks back the tears and looks at his father. No histrionics, just quiet disbelief and devastation.

Liam7.thumb.jpg.6e448d387e41315ed7a8d081df44d971.jpg

I would like nothing more than for Liam to smash that tower model to the ground then rip off his sword necklace and shove it in Bill's greedy little palm before he takes his dignity and self-respect and goes, remembering that he is Liam Cooper far more than he ever was or will be Liam Spencer. And that his next move is to call Thomas and out his lying asshole of a father and lying asshole of a cousin and break up that farce of a happy widdle famiwee. Whether he turns Bill in or not remains to be seen but my, my, wouldn't Bill be shitting bricks then?

As much as I absolutely hate this storyline for Bill (and the repercussions for Brill), it has brought out absolutely amazing performances from the always capable DD as well as SC, whom we all knew had it in him, but was never given the chance to shine like this. Absolutely gut-wrenching and riveting.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I finally had a chance to watch and I have to give the devil his due.  DD plays sociopath-with-less-than-two-fucks-to-give very well.  I always believed that a parent's worst nightmare after losing a child to death is to lose a child's respect.  No matter what charge Lame threw at Bill, all Bill could do was smirk with a malevolent gleam in his eye.  Frankly, I'm shocked that he admitted to setting up the arson so readily.  The whole Spencer family loyalty speech is almost the same speech Bill gave to Carolyin' when she tripped over her purse and fell from the balcony at Bill's house a few short years ago.  At that time, Bill seemed to have enough self-awareness to be concerned that he would be blamed for Carolyn's accident.  Now?  It's like, "Yeah, I did it.  Do something about it!"

So the gauntlet has been thrown down and we'll see what Lame does about this.  

This.

I hope Liam does walk. Bill has seriously crossed the line for me. And you're right. He is a total sociopath. What is Brooke going to do? I do NOT want to see her go back to Ridge but can she stay with Bill when she learns of all of the horrible things he's done? This may even be to much for Steffy, who seems to feel a bit bad for Sally. 

I am sick to death of this Sheila business. She looks old as fuck, too. Even that portrait looks old. Didn't she know that sunscreen is our friend?

• Love 12

Caroline's hair looks like Brooke's in a different color.  She's got those long straggly locks in front, which did not look good lying on that fugly blouse she was wearing.  What happened to the cute, fun Caroline with the blonde bob?

On the other hand, Thomas/Sally are growing on me.  He has got beautiful eyes.....

• Love 4

Another thought, and maybe I'm just being oversensitive - but Bill's comment to Caroline about rehearsing for her death was an awful thing to say - especially to an actress who has had a serious illness herself.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

DD is gunning for that Emmy, yo!

Seriously, Bill must think he's on Game of Thrones because he's channling Cersei, Tywin, and loads of other assholes perfectly.  Not that Bill hasn't been capable of assholery, but he definitely has been tipped into a darker persona for this.  But if Victor Newman can recover from all the crap he's pulled out, I have no doubt Bill will too.  The whole point of this story (or should be) is to deconstruct both Bill and Liam so Bill really learns what it means to have a legacy beyond material wealth and Liam learns what it means to be a Spencer and a Cooper and finds his happy medium. Bill disowning Liam spills over into Bill's relationships with Brooke, Katie and Will, Wyatt, and Steffy so this becomes a family battle. And as far apart as Bill and Liam are, it'll be that much more satisfying when they reconcile as true father and son a few months (maybe a year) down the line.

I would love if Bill got one of those character dedicated 'dark night of the soul' episodes for Christmas after he's alienated everyone in his family and is visited by 3 ghosts to tell him to get his ass together. One ghost that I would love is Liam's mother, Kelly, as the ghost of the past just so we can see Bill in context with one of the first women he loved. Ghost of the future should be an adult Will who is a straight up asshole.

I can't forget how he exhorted Hope to abort her unborn child because the baby would be inconvenient to his plans.

Eh, she did it to him first after Steffy lost their baby. Hope literally said that his loss was a sign that he and Steffy weren't meant to be and that he should really think twice about staying with Steffy. Liam was too much of a gentleman to punch her in the throat.

SC plays so well against DD and he must be relishing this storyline.  

No doubt. DD and SC are gold and bring it every time. Both of them have been locked in love triangles for too long so to play some dynamic family battles that have consequences must be great.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

So, not only should Lame walk away from all those benefits of "living by the sword," he should out his cousin's faux illness.  Since his wife is an heiress and a "boss," it's not as if he's in danger of being a ward of the state.

I'd love for Liam to walk and, in a nod to history, he ends up with a significant amount of FC stock in the divorce (because they will sooner or later). Liam takes all the money and donates it to one of those charity causes he gets on when he's trying to get paid. Or buys the new Spectra Fashion building and let's them work rent free till they get on their feet.

Or hell...i remember one story in Y&R's past where Victor's fuck up cost Jill the majority of her fortune and someone (I think Nikki?) saw her working at a nail salon, which is where her humble roots began before she became Mrs Philip Chancellor #2.

Anyway,  Liam could do something that has to do with his computer skills. Plus, Nicole is supposed to be smart (a claim I'm skeptical of since she married Zende), so they both of them can work together. Although if Clifton is looking to stretch his acting skills, even JMW is Meryl Streep compared with Edwards. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Anyway,  Liam could do something that has to do with his computer skills. Plus, Nicole is supposed to be smart (a claim I'm skeptical of since she married Zende), so they both of them can work together. Although if Clifton is looking to stretch his acting skills, even JMW is Meryl Streep compared with Edwards. 

It'd have been easy to have Liam developing his own publishing (for Spencer) and fashion design software on the side and it becomes a hit and he make a crapload on the licensing to the point that he builds his own finances. He could've gotten into a battle with Wyatt and/or Bill over at Spencer where Bill feels that he owns Liam's IP as opposed to Liam owning the IP (shades of Brooke and BeLief). Maybe Bill has to buy him out or it goes to court where Liam gets a crapload of Spencer stock (maybe Wyatt messed up and left Bill open to the lawsuit). Eventually Liam decides to focus on his own computer firm even though he owns a large portion of Spencer stock due to the settlement. Nicole heads up the Coding for Girls division so Liam can get his altruism on and she has her own project she manages. She realizes she's good at this and becomes more independent of Maya and Zende and work begins to interfere with their marriage because she becomes more successful than he does with his photography/designer skillz.

• Love 2

Ivy is absolutely gorgeous, Sally is beautiful (loved her minimal makeup), Caroline is pretty, but Steffy looks like she could be their grandma. Steffy looks like the farmer's wife in the American Gothic painting.  Can Steffy do something with her god awful hair. Steffy should get a Cousin It hair cut so this way two birds can be killed with one stone.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Hey, Liam, Bernie Madoff's sons turned him in. Just saying...

Yeah...and they both died while their parents live another day...There is something so inherently unfair about life sometimes.

This soap can be pretty unfair also when it comes to villains.  Not only do they live another day, they end up being propped at the expense of other characters.

• Love 9

During the spring, I read "Madoff With the Money." Interesting book. Yeah. One of Bernie's sons died of a type of blood cancer and the other committed suicide. The difference between $Bill and Madoff is that Madoff's sons truly had no clue as to what their father was up to until the very last minute, then they turned him in. The measures BM took to keep things secret were astounding.  Dollah is pretty open about his intentions. He seemed almost proud to admit to Liam that he'd instigated arson.

• Love 8

Has Bill Spencer, Jr. forgotten that HIS father, Bill Spencer, Sr. built up Spencer Publications and passed it on to his daughter Karen in addition to Bill?  Bill has some nerve talking about all the perks Liam gets from Spencer Publications when Bill, Jr inherited his share and didn't work for any of it.  For shits and giggles, Bill Spencer is an illegitimate, bastard child whereas Karen was born to her married parents but later kidnapped.  Liam needs to go to Karen and Katie (Karen owns 50%, Katie owns 1% and Bill owns 49%) to get them to wrest control of Spencer Publications out from smug ass Bill.

Shit's about to hit the fan.  Or not.

PS  I was a victim of Bernie Madoff's pyramid schemes.  If I see any sort of pennies on the dollar settlement hell will have definitely frozen over.

Edited by SimplePleasures
Drinking game elsewhere on the site has my typing and grammar all messed up.
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, grisgris said:

During the spring, I read "Madoff With the Money." Interesting book. Yeah. One of Bernie's sons died of a type of blood cancer and the other committed suicide. The difference between $Bill and Madoff is that Madoff's sons truly had no clue as to what their father was up to until the very last minute, then they turned him in. The measures BM took to keep things secret were astounding.  Dollah is pretty open about his intentions. He seemed almost proud to admit to Liam that he'd instigated arson.

and, their is Brooke. I think that is the one person Bill wouldn't want to find out about his fire skills. I'm guessing this will put Ridge back in her orbit because it was hinting at Ridge suspecting that Bill would do anything to get that land. I'm just wondering how & when Brooke finds out. Maybe, Liam does turn him in.

• Love 1

I feel like Charlie Brown running to kick the football Lucy is holding. I always hope the ones who do bad things get the consequence they deserve but it doesn't happen. $Bill will be fine, Brooke won't care. Liam will cave, he always does or he wouldn't be with Steffy and Quinn would be incarcerated.  I just can't get my hopes up, again. I would dearly love being wrong. 

• Love 5

Well, at least one of my questions was answered.  Thomas hasn't said anything to Carolyin's moms because she didn't want to burden them.  Unbelievable.

Seethe, you lying harpy with the bad weave!  Seethe!  I'm glad you noticed that Thomas came running for Sally in spite of the fact that you're "dying."

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Well, at least one of my questions was answered.  Thomas hasn't said anything to Carolyin's moms because she didn't want to burden them.  Unbelievable.

Seethe, you lying harpy with the bad weave!  Seethe!  I'm glad you noticed that Thomas came running for Sally in spite of the fact that you're "dying."

Dragged her and the boy to the other side of the nation, in fact. This is such a stupid storyline and they need to end it now. What part of he's not that into you does she not get? Well, I think she actually does realize that but is letting Bill order her around. 

• Love 12

Recap for Thurs. 8/31/2017:

Take a moment, everyone, to appreciate the beauty that is a Sheila-free day. Ahhhh....

We open at SP, where Brooke is visiting Bill, who is ranting to one of his EOF editors about putting more than a few measly words in the latest edition re the SF fire. He hangs up, visibly irritated, then relaxes when he sees Brooke. He moves toward her and they share a kiss. Normally, that would make me smile. Today, it makes me want to slap both of them upside their heads.

Brooke: "Big news in the LA fashion world today, the Spectra fire."

Bill scoffs at that: "No. A new energy drink, a rainy day, those are big news in this town. Who in the hell is gonna miss Spectra?"

Brooke gives him a look: "The Spectras will, I imagine." 

Alison calls a few moments later, suggesting he send Sally flowers. You can imagine how that goes over.

Brooke rifles through some papers, presumably the offer to buy the property: "They don't have any insurance for this?"

Bill: "CJ Garrison's a half-wit. If he accepted either one of my offers, none of this would have happened." Um...what, you wouldn't have had to resort to arson? He is unbelievable.

Brooke sighs: "It's hard to imagine Spectra will ever get back up on their feet. Maybe if Thomas had stayed..."

Bill is clearly uncomfortable with her mentioning Thomas: "Why would anything be different for Spectra if Thomas were here? Unless the Forresters are flame retardant."

Brooke admonishes him: "Bill...he has resources and connections."

Bill: "He has a short attention span." No, I think he's still very much in love with Sally.

Brooke: "He could probably help them set up shop somewhere and front them a couple months' rent."

Bill is annoyed: "Why are you interested in the competition being back in business?"

Brooke: "Losing everything isn't a business crisis. It's a human one." What will Brooke think when she finds out the truth?

Caroline arrives with Douglas and Brooke lights up when she sees the little boy. Sharpie got some extensions and they look slightly less faux than Fauxdi's so that's something I guess.

Brooke: "Douglas is getting so big! How long are you in town for?"

Caroline: "Uh, it's a little up in the air at this point." I'll bet.

Brooke: "Is Thomas with you?"

Caroline: "Uh, not right at the moment, but he did come with." First, I hate that expression "come with." Second, YOU came with him because we all know he came back to see Sally.

Brooke thinks that's nice, then heads off to work, blowing a kiss at Bill.

His smile fades as Carowhine does what she does best, whine.

Caroline: "It is so nice to have somebody treat me like I'm not dying." You could change that anytime, sweet cheeks.

Bill is pissed: "What are you doing here?" 

Caroline: "Thomas insisted."

Caroline-Douglas-Bill-BB-CBS.jpg

Bill: "How about saying no, right? That's not part of the plan." Proving once more that she and her son are nothing but chess pieces for him to move about as he sees fit.

Caroline counters: "Well, neither was Spectra burning down."

Bill: "What are you saying?"

Caroline: "I'm saying that my terminal illness is bogus and Sally Spectra's injuries are real. I'm supposed to keep Thomas at home when he's frantic for her? He deserves so much better from me." On that last part, we agree. Again, she could remedy that in a heartbeat.

Having handed Douglas off to Alison for safekeeping, Caroline sighs and says she should never have come there.

Bill: "You're too wound up. You got to get a grip."

Caroline: "Why do I ever listen to you? I want my miracle cure today or tomorrow. Before I leave, I want it!" You can give yourself your own cure, Veruca Salt. A little truth serum will do you wonders.

Bill shakes his head: "It's too soon."

Caroline: "Just grab some unemployed actor, throw a lab coat on him, and have him declare me all better." She really does know how he operates...also, let's add more layers of lies on top of this shit sundae of deceit.

Bill insists otherwise: "It's too soon! Thomas is still running to rescue Little Orphan Sally. You got to give it more time."

Caroline: "If you're not gonna help me, I'm gonna tell him I lied." He doesn't do ultimatums, Caroline.

Bill: "You'll be sorry if you do that. How are you going to explain letting the pretense go on for so long? You can blame me, but that only covers a couple of days. What about the rest of it? You'll lose Thomas. "(You can't lose what you never really had). "And if he gets mad enough, you'll lose Douglas, as well. Is that what you want? To see Thomas and that batty redhead raising your kid? Caroline, death is a fact of life. Most people only get one shot at it. Well, look at you! You're getting a chance to rehearse! Look at it that way!" Truly gross on Bill's part and that of the incredibly insensitive PTB, especially considering LG's battle with cancer in real life.

He's gotten to her...it's written all over her resigned little shoulders.

Bill sensing he's won (again): "All right, you good? Okay? Breeeeeeeathe. You sufficiently in control of yourself to tell me what's going on with Thomas?"

Caroline, ignoring the dig: "He came here for Sally. So if he has any other plans besides that, he didn't share them with me. Why?"

Bill: "Well, he has a habit of being a pain in the ass when you least expect it. Has he talked about moving back?"

Caroline: "Not to me. But I don't know what he's saying to Sally." Oh, but I'll bet she can just about imagine.

Over at FC, Liam is talking with Steffy in the CEO office.

Liam is still clearly processing the events of the previous evening and tells Steffy he doesn't think he can go to work today.

Steffy: "Why not?"

Liam, dodging for a moment: "Do you think I could maybe hang out here? I'm not gonna get in your way. I just...I don't know. Seeing Sally in the hospital last night kind of hit me hard. And then hearing everything that they lost, it just..." He trails off, his mind still reeling.

Steffy looks more closely at him: "I know you didn't want to talk about it, but I can tell that you think your father was responsible for the fire at Spectra."

Liam looks her straight in the eye: "I know he was. 'Cause he told me."

Steffy looks stunned.

Steffy: "Arson?! Bill?" She knows he's capable of a lot of shady things and she's been the benefactress of a lot of said shady things, but this...this is going too far, even for Steffy.

Liam: "Well, somebody he hired, yeah."

Steffy: "Well, wait. We know that it was an electrical fire the other day."

Liam: "Yeah, it's probably where he got the idea."

Steffy: "I can't believe this. Bill would never do something like this." Ah, so he's still her black knight in tarnished armor.

Liam: "Well, exactly. That's the point. I mean, you know my dad. He hires all the best people. Even the arson investigators thought it was faulty wiring, and it's gonna stay that way unless somebody who knows something says something."

Steffy: "You know this is a crime." Oh, is there actually a moral line in the sand for you?

Liam sighs: "I know...that's my point."

The conversation is interrupted as  RJ, Rick, Maya, and Ivy arrive.

FC.thumb.jpg.5bdfaf384728a83a59b7ff9918e87781.jpg

They're all speculating about the fire at SF.

Ivy looks gorgeous as usual in the blue dress she's wearing.

tumblr_ovktv7Xd311s1tyj7o1_540.jpg

Maya: "Look, Sally is not my favorite person, but this just seems so unfair. The night before the show that's supposed to put her back in business?"

Rick: "Yeah. It's either karma... or bad luck." Liam and Steffy shared a pained look. Well, we know $ Bill makes his own luck.

RJ gets a call from Coco who tells him it's likely Sally will be released today. They debate over whether to send Saly flowers.

Talk soon turns to insurance and whether they will rebuild.

Liam: "Yeah, there is no fire insurance. CJ expected to sell the building this year, and so he didn't renew it."

Maya is shocked: "No. Then this is a total disaster for them."

Liam: "Pretty much, yeah."

Rick asks if there any any details about how the fire started.

Steffy: "Well, it was an electrical fire." She looks at Liam as if to say, now is not the time.

Steffy-crime-BB-CBS-300x175.jpg

Liam echoes her lie: "Yeah, there was some excitement, uh, at the preview. There was a wall socket that caught fire, so..."

Ivy: "Oh, well, then that must have been it."

Liam, dead-voiced, meets eyes with Steffy again: "Yeah, yeah, that must be it."

Brooke arrives as they're discussing how to help some of the displaced SF workers.  She reveals she's already aware of the fire.

Ivy, thinking, asks: "Wait,  didn't Bill try and buy that building?" How no one else is questioning the timing of the fire, I will never know.

RJ pipes up: "Yeah, he did. To build that giant...uhhhh....skyscraper." Ok, I kind of like you a little bit right now, Slouchey.

Brooke: "On the brighter side, your cousin and your nephew are in town."

Liam gulps: "Douglas and Caroline are?"

Steffy: "With or without Thomas?" Because of Thomas.

Brooke: "Thomas is here, but Caroline didn't say where he was. I could only guess." She has a small, knowing grin on her face and though I don't have any real confirmation, I'm going to say that from one wrong side of the tracks underdog to another, Brooke likes Sally with Thomas.

Liam asks: "So how are my dad's spirits this morning?"

Brooke: "Oh, you know your father. I don't think he was heartbroken about the fire. But it is really sad that CJ let the insurance lapse."

Steffy: "Well, you know, Spectras love shortcuts. And four times out of five, they don't pay off." Heifer, that was so not necessary.

Brooke: "Bill said nothing like this would have happened if CJ let him buy the building." And why are you not connecting the dots, Brooke?

Steffy: "Well, now Bill Spencer gets to have his tower after all." Awfully convenient, isn't it?

Liam: "I wouldn't call it a sure thing." Well, that depends on you, Liam.

Brooke shakes her head: "He always thinks that a new building or a new buyout is gonna make him more content. Just doesn't last very long." That's pretty ominous sounding...and not just on a business level.

At the hospital, Sally is getting another check-up from the doctor.

31.08.2017+%25281%2529.png

The doctor thinks she may be able to go home today, which brings smiles to the faces of Shirley, Saul, Darlita, and Coco.

Dr: "But no going back to work for the rest of the week, hmm?"

31.08.2017+%25282%2529.png

Sally coughs, then winces, and not just from her lung irritation: "That won't be a problem."

Shirley: "What we need now is a miracle."

31.08.2017+%25288%2529.png

Enter Thomas, carrying flowers, eyes only for Sally. I am loving the scruff. 

31.08.2017+%252810%2529.png

Sally, who is looking so beautiful, with not a speck of makeup and an ugly hospital gown, is amazed to see him.

31.08.2017+%25289%2529.png

He heads straight for Sally's side, which is exactly where he belongs and it's as if the rest of the world disappears.

31.08.2017+%252811%2529.png

He hugs her close, relief written all over his face, never wanting to let her go.

31.08.2017+%252814%2529.png31.08.2017+%252815%2529.png

She's so overwhelmed that he came to see her, that he does still care.

She can't help but beam to have him there, teasingly asking: "What did you bring me, Bucko?” 

31.08.2017+%252818%2529.png

Thomas: "Well, you can fit it into your pocket."

Sally: "I don't know. I give up."

He makes a heart with his hands and I melted a little bit at that as does Sally.

31.08.2017+%252819%2529.png

Awwww....

While I was feeling some sort of vibe with her and Liam, it can't compare to what she had and still has with Thomas. Too bad stalker Caroline didn't show up to see that through the window.

Shirley shares how Sally tried to save her collection: "She was about to charge right into the fire and grab the designs. Uh, Thomas, I hope you won't mind, but on behalf of everyone, we are so glad you're back."

Thomas: "Everyone." He gives a pointed look at Saul.

Saul, sheepish, "Yeah."

Coco suggests they give Sally and Thomas some time alone and everyone exits.

Sally: "I'm not crying." She's totally crying and it's adorable.

Thomas: "I think you are just a little bit. It's okay."

Sally: "Okay, well, if I am, it's because I'm happy. Even when everything that I had worked for and hoped for was going up in flames, at least I could think...I still have Thomas." They share a smile.

They chat about Caroline and Thomas reveals that she doesn't want to tell her moms about her diagnosis.

Sally questions that and I would to. Very, very sketch...

Thomas: "I don't know. Just means that I'm her only form of support out there."

Sally: "That's a lot to put on you. Look, I'm not criticizing her."

Thomas: "I know, I know. But it would help me a lot if you wouldn't go running into burning buildings anymore." You can hear the fear he felt for her in his words despite the light tone.

Sally gives him a look: "Okay, that is not what happened."

Thomas: "Is it? You kind of did. You kind of did." He's upset that she would risk her own life and in awe of her, all at the same time.

Sally: "It's not what happened. No. No. I took everybody out to dinner, you know, Lady Bountiful, because I expected us to be, you know, having money come in, and we didn't see the fire from the outside when we came back. We were getting ready for a full night ahead of us, getting ready for the show. I mean..." She pauses, flashing back to the fire here: "We were ready for it. We were happy. And it wasn't until we got off the elevator that we actually saw the fire. My entire office was just engulfed in flames. It was contained, you know, or so we thought at least at that point, but I'm an idiot and ...opened the door. There was a beam that was just fully on fire, blocking the way. I watched all of my designs just go up in flames right in front of me. I mean, this was supposed to be the day that my dream came true, the fashion show that made my fortune. And now I just can't see a way forward. At least I couldn't... until you walked through the door."

A nurse comes in then and Sally tells her she's ready to sign her discharge papers anytime, but the doctor's not ready to pull the trigger just yet.

Thomas: "Well, hey, I could go so I don't suck up all the oxygen in the room." And things just suddenly got a little awkward and I don't like it. Although part of me is mollified by the thought that it's too much for Thomas to take, being with her again and feeling obligated to be with Caroline. 

Sally is confused: "Wait. Go where?"

Thomas: "Out, you know, so the gang can come back in."

Sally: "Can I ask you a question?"

Thomas: "It sounds like you just did."

Sally restrains from rolling her eyes, the familiar teasing still there between them: "Another one."

Thomas: "Of course."

Sally turns serious: "Are you back?"

Thomas: "Why don't you pinch me, find out if I'm real?"

Sally: "You know what I mean. Look, I admire what you're doing for Caroline and Douglas. I was already in love with you. But now you have this extra luster. It's like this sun beam that's around you all the time."

Thomas laughs at this.

Sally: "Don't laugh!!!"

31.08.2017+%252820%2529.png

Thomas teases, "Sun beam. It's fine."

Sally: "Seriously, though, how many men would have done what you did? And then turn around and came back to make sure my charred lungs and my rotten luck are still gonna be okay."

Thomas is suddenly serious: "Are you, though?" The irony that she could have died in the fire if it hadn't been worse than it was and walking into it unexpectedly while the supposedly on death's doorstep Carowhine is fine and dandy isn't lost on me here.

Sally chides him: "It's not fair to answer another question with another question."

Thomas wants an answer: "Are you going to be okay?"

31.08.2017+%252821%2529.png

Sally: "I try not to have expectations whenever it comes to you. But the thing is, I do. I can't help but think that you're gonna be like you've always been. My champion. Keeping me out of jail, even though that's exactly where I belong, or battling Bill Spencer on my behalf. Is that still you? Or did all that change when you left? I have my health. Nothing else. Literally nothing. I hate to sound needy, but...the fact of the matter is, I am." (Now that she's opened her heart to him).

31.08.2017+%252822%2529.png

"So I need to know, Thomas. Are you back?"

He doesn't answer. He doesn't have to. We know he so much wants to say "yes." But will he?

31.08.2017+%252823%2529.png

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9

I've been out of the country for 13 days so have missed the soaps. I hate Caroline's hair and sharpie eyebrows. What have they done to that cute girl?! Sally crying today broke my heart for her and for Thomas. When will someone tell him the truth? Caroline? Steffy? Liam? Can't wait to see what happens when he finds out the truth and that you knew all along! 

• Love 6

I'm hoping it's Liam so he can get some of his good guy cred back. Of the Three Stooges involved in this idiot-go-round, he's the one I want to punch the least and the easiest to redeem. Mostly, what irritates me about him is just his general lack of decision or agency about anything in his life and I'm still in astonishment that he was the show's young romantic lead, for so long without any semblance of a personality. But as another poster brought up not that long ago, the biggest reason for that had to do with Hope, Steffy and the family dynamics that existed before Liam showed up.

Filling in the blanks of Liam's personality and motivations is a fairly easy thing to fix, and perhaps TPTB are finally listening to us on that score with this. I doubt he'll ever truly remove his balls out of Steffy's iron talons, but I hope he'll kick Bill to the curb.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8

Anna Yolei, I totally agree with your comment about Liam's general lack of decision or agency in his life. What does he do, actually? I mean besides hanging out in Steffy's "office" while she's "working"? How can he possibly have knowledge that Bill and Caroline are scamming Thomas and not tell him especially after the fire destroyed Sally's business? How can he stand himself? He knows what and who Steffy is so why is he following her lead on this?! Geez, people. Is there anyone in that town with morals, ethics, a conscience??

• Love 6

Everyone is suspicious of Bill's involvement but Brooke. Love really is blind. 

Once again I ask, why does it have to be NY. It can't be for Caroline's mothers support because they don't know. What would Caroline do if Thomas wants to go to the doctor with her. At least in LA, Bill has more control of the situation.  

Does anyone else see the correlation between Citizen Bill and Citizen Kane?  Kane's beloved sled Rosebud is his last word as Bill's last word will be Sky.  Sky, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.  

• Love 3

I'm of two minds about Brill in all this. On one hand, Bill needs some comeuppance and Brooke is the only person he has any respect for. OTOH, if his treatment of her own daughter who did less to earn his wrath than Brooke did to earn Stephanie's wasn't enough make her pump the brakes, why should this be a breaking point, let alone one that leads her anywhere near Ridge?

Much like with Ridge, she's had plenty of time to see his character between that and his marriage to her sister, so I imagine any manufactured angst over this will be just that.

• Love 3

I was pretty disappointed today when Caroline faked getting weak or having a dizzy spell or whatever she pulled when Thomas arrived at Bill's office. Fucking coward! Especially after the way she argued and argued with Bill to give up the awful charade. (I could -- but couldn't -- believe that Bill actually lied to her face about setting the fire.) I wondered if the faux extensions and dumpy frumpy outfit Caroline had on were supposed to be her "dying person" costume? Regardless of her hair and makeup, Caroline always managed to be well-dressed, although I grew tired of the crop tops and pencil skirts. She sure looked like a hot mess today.

I felt so sorry for Sally at the end of today's show. I was glad that she swallowed her pride and brave facade and let Grams comfort her.

I also thought that Brooke's comment about Bill never being fully content from yesterday was strange. She didn't sound very happy. When she stated today that "Bill is a good man ... " I didn't know whether to laugh or throw something at the TV.  I tend to agree that she's not going to leave Bill over this. I think she's going to be very upset, but not angry enough to divorce him. BTW, I loved Brooke's white dress. Her hair would have looked so much better if it had been styled like it was last week in that low chignon. The stringy yellow strands ruined the look.

Since the CBS weekly B&B preview video is in the public domain, I don't think I'm spoilering here to say that shit is going to hit the fan -- big time -- next week.  Looks like some exciting days coming up. Is September a sweeps month? I thought that was in November.

• Love 7

Even if Thomas is sworn not to inform the "mothers"...they're in NY with some of the best doctors. Why not suggest going to a specialist for another opinion or at least get an update on her "condition"??  Such a stupid storyline and it can't end soon enough for me.

2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Am I imagining things or didn't Sally email her designs to Thomas for him to look at? Has he mentioned this if I'm not hallucinating? I didn't see Friday's episode. 

I'm pretty sure she DID email her designs, but unfortunately Thomas is too busy taking care of his "dying" baby mama.

• Love 4

I finally feel vindicated in my Caroline hate. For all of her crying to Bill, she's enjoying milking this fake illness. And, once it comes out, I hope she runs off to NY with her tail between her legs and never to be seen again.

There's just nothing entertaining about watching Bill destroy the Spectras. They already have pretty much nothing as it is and he's just beating them down into the ground even more. I know that Sally and crew are far from innocent but damn. This is just straight up bullying and it's no fun because they can't even compete with Bill on any level. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Once again I ask, why does it have to be NY. It can't be for Caroline's mothers support because they don't know. What would Caroline do if Thomas wants to go to the doctor with her. At least in LA, Bill has more control of the situation.  

Because in NY, BB doesn't have to write any scenes for them or pay the actors to appear on screen.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Everyone is suspicious of Bill's involvement but Brooke. Love really is blind. 

Does anyone else see the correlation between Citizen Bill and Citizen Kane?  Kane's beloved sled Rosebud is his last word as Bill's last word will be Sky.  Sky, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.  

As a day one viewer, I can testify that for Brooke love is, indeed, blind.  After all, this is a woman who has repeatedly forgiven and sought the love of people (Ridge and Stephanie, in particular) who have dogged her out, physically assaulted, sexually assaulted and facilitated her rape.  Here is today's Top Ten List to explain why Citizen Bill may end up staying with La Spencer:

• 1)  Quinn--raging psychopath who has never paid for any of her crimes; now she's accepted as the Forrester matriarch, who isn't quite worthy of Eric
  • 2)  Thomas--a pyromaniac who never went to jail but got "counseling" instead from James; now he's the hypotenuse of a triangle
  • 3)  Stephanie--whose list of atrocities are too numerous to list; now seen in death as the Patron Saint of Los Angeles 
  • 4)  Ridge--whose crimes and offenses are legion; constantly propped as some kind of hero, whom everyone instantly forgives and is still considered a desirable romantic lead
  • 5)  Stuffy--a bullying slattern who has a body count; now propped as a "matriarch" of the Forrester family, a joke of a femme fatale, and whose crimes are still being concealed by her husband
  • 6)  Taylor--disgraced alcoholic, hot mess of a mommy killer and 40-year virgin shagger; still seen as a paragon of virtue and someone to be admired in some circles
  • 7)  Pam--lemon bar-making nut job and attempted murderess; now seen as quirky, but harmless Aunt Pam
  • 8)  Amber--a one-woman crime spree and grifter and virgin slayer; repeatedly propped as a would-be heroine
  • 9)  Rick--a whiny little fool with daddy issues, who isn't adverse to doing shitty things, including shagging his little niece to get his way; now seen as a father and businessman by some
  • 10) Maya--a gold-digging ex-convict, who concealed the most basic truth about herself; sins magically washed away when it was revealed that she was actually a transgendered female

Based on the promo I saw, this is shades of Victor Newman and definitely Citizen Kane.  It remains to be seen how much Bill ends up losing (including joint custody of and liberal visitation with Will) and whether he will rise from the ashes.  The best outcome for me is that Brooke ends up stepping in as temporary CEO of Spencer Publications while Bill tries to extricate himself from his legal problems.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

As a day one viewer, I can testify that for Brooke love is, indeed, blind.  After all, this is a woman who has repeatedly forgiven and sought the love of people (Ridge and Stephanie, in particular) who have dogged her out, physically assaulted, sexually assaulted and facilitated her rape.  Here is today's Top Ten List to explain why Citizen Bill may end up staying with La Spencer:

• 1)  Quinn--raging psychopath who has never paid for any of her crimes; now she's accepted as the Forrester matriarch, who isn't quite worthy of Eric
  • 2)  Thomas--a pyromaniac who never went to jail but got "counseling" instead from James; now he's the hypotenuse of a triangle
  • 3)  Stephanie--whose list of atrocities are too numerous to list; now seen in death as the Patron Saint of Los Angeles 
  • 4)  Ridge--whose crimes and offenses are legion; constantly propped as some kind of hero, whom everyone instantly forgives and is still considered a desirable romantic lead
  • 5)  Stuffy--a bullying slattern who has a body count; now propped as a "matriarch" of the Forrester family, a joke of a femme fatale, and whose crimes are still being concealed by her husband
  • 6)  Taylor--disgraced alcoholic, hot mess of a mommy killer and 40-year virgin shagger; still seen as a paragon of virtue and someone to be admired in some circles
  • 7)  Pam--lemon bar-making nut job and attempted murderess; now seen as quirky, but harmless Aunt Pam
  • 8)  Amber--a one-woman crime spree and grifter and virgin slayer; repeatedly propped as a would-be heroine
  • 9)  Rick--a whiny little fool with daddy issues, who isn't adverse to doing shitty things, including shagging his little niece to get his way; now seen as a father and businessman by some
  • 10) Maya--a gold-digging ex-convict, who concealed the most basic truth about herself; sins magically washed away when it was revealed that she was actually a transgendered female

Based on the promo I saw, this is shades of Victor Newman and definitely Citizen Kane.  It remains to be seen how much Bill ends up losing (including joint custody of and liberal visitation with Will) and whether he will rise from the ashes.  The best outcome for me is that Brooke ends up stepping in as temporary CEO of Spencer Publications while Bill tries to extricate himself from his legal problems.

Well done!  So many people are quick to slag Brooke but when you look at the cast of characters, Brooke isn't anywhere NEAR the worst.  Queen Stephanie was a monster and would have been unbearable if SF hadn't been such a good actress.  Fans endured Stephanie's reign of terror for decades because SF was so compelling to watch.  It's amazing to realize that so many of the people on your list have literally gotten away with murder, even St. Taylor.  The worst thing Brooke ever did was fuck her son-in-law!

I agree that SOMEBODY is going to have to step in to run Spencer Publications.   It's either going to be Brooke or, if she's too heartbroken, one of Bill's boys might step up.  Which could lead to quite the battle.  Who takes over at Spencer?  The guy who ratted out his own father (my speculation) or the guy who's fucking his former stepmother?

On another note, what the fuck was Caroline wearing on Friday?  I understand that fashion is subjective but FIT is forever.  I agree with the person who said she looked like the Michelin man.  I can't believe that the costume department put her in a top that made her look like she had rolls of fat, ON PURPOSE.  And the shorts, skort, whatever the fuck that was was ill-fitting and needed a good ironing.  The only good thing about her costume was that it took attention away from that dreadful weave that looked like it came direct from 'Fauxdiloks' School of Hair-Don'ts- Bar & Grille'.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

As a day one viewer, I can testify that for Brooke love is, indeed, blind.  After all, this is a woman who has repeatedly forgiven and sought the love of people (Ridge and Stephanie, in particular) who have dogged her out, physically assaulted, sexually assaulted and facilitated her rape.

And this, along with the list you mentioned is why I wouldn't be too upset if she stays with Bill after all of this. No matter his shady dealings, none of it has been aimed at Brooke. Even with his treatment of Hope being a huge black mark, he isn't anywhere in the same ballpark of absolute shitty that Ridge has been.

The only second guessing Bill did regarding Katie was when Brooke insisted they work it out for Will's sake, but once he was ready to move on, he did so unequivocally and admitted his pride got in the way of them getting married at their second wedding (not that I blame him entirely on that; Brooke could've been firmer with Ridge, even if he's a pig who likely wouldn't have taken the hint anyway, but...eh). 

Plus, I miss the old days when villains were allowed to have a few people in their corner. Nowadays, it feels like bad guys are either pitched adheres and get tongue bathed by everyone on the show (Ie, Billy Abbott who is more Victor Newman than even Victor these days) or get shamed forever (Sharon Newman prior to Sally Sussman taking over, although with her and Alden are now gone, who the he'll knows what will happen to her). 

The only reason why TIIC would have Brooke turning cold is to facilitate a Still redux, which I wouldn't mind. Because with Liam being disgusted at both of them, I could totally see Steffy taking a ride on the Stallion out of spite as he moves on to pitch in with Spectra to help them rebuild. And Bill being Bill, he'd have no qualms to finally pick up where they left off six years ago and not bother using either of his sons to bone her, with the added bonus of deriding Wyatt when he finds out about Watie.

• Love 4

I never though this day would happen. Liam actually put on his big boy pants and took his balls out of Steffy's vault enabling him to man up and tell the truth about Bill.  Kudos on having Bill arrest but if the arson charge sticks, I would be amazed.  

Shelia is so ridiculous and the ?? continues. How does she slither her way through security and into the security office without being seen. Oh I forgot, it's Charlie.  

• Love 6

I cheered out loud today for Liam!! I don't even care if the arson charges stick. The important thing is that Bill and Caroline were exposed for the despicable human beings they are. Charlie and Sheila? What the hell are the writers thinking? I detest this story line and want it to be over like yesterday. Just want to slap the crap out of both of them!

• Love 12

Steffy's role in getting Caroline to come on  to Thomas needs to be exposed as well.

i hope when Quinn & Ridge are exposed, Eric will question why the elevator was stopped, why no one came to help them even after Quinn pushed the help button several times and why Sheila was able to take pictures.

• Love 15