Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Yes Charlie, please run right to Brooke and tell her that Ridge and Quinn are having an affair. Then, you can pull out your ace in the hole, the stained napkin, as proof positive. Now, as someone who knows what is going on......well, that isn't exactly true, I know Ridge and Quinn have been kissing and flirting, but what is really going on? I can't call it an emotional affair, because I am not feeling the emotion, and I can't say they are just hot for each other. It seems to be a combination of the two and whole lot more. But in any event, if Charlie showed me that napkin as his proof? Well, I can only hope Brooke gives him the full on hairy eyeball. And really, if you suspect an affair, wouldn't you think Quinn would have been wiping something entirely different off of Ridge's mouth? Just sayin.

Now, Brooke looked absolutely gorgeous yesterday and I loved the balloon. Any time she wants to wish me a happy birthday she can just leave the balloon and bring me the basket of green, cause I saw a lot of $100.00 dollar bills in there. 

Please tell me that lady didn't leave the talk show to come full time on the B&B? I can only take her in small doses and her Bill love is too much for me. For a minute there I thought she was going to be the new Alison, but then Bill cleared that up by telling her that Allison would show her around. Where is Alison? I like her. And I always prefer to watch a real princess and not our fakies..........looking at you Nicole. 

What a strange meeting. Why do they call these get together's and proceed to discuss how much Ridge and Quinn's new relationship has changed everything? I would think Steffy and Quinn's relationship would be far more significant, because that is what started it all. 

Bill seemed so sad, almost like he has accepted there will be no Brooke and Bill. Maybe Bill should move on; that might open Brooke's eye's about her true feelings. Someone upthread suggested Bill/Ivy. Now that is a pairing I have never considered. Ivy comes off as sweet and innocent, but I think she has a wild side all the same. And they would certainly make a beautiful couple. But I fear Brooke may come back from Down Under broken in half after finding Ridge and Quinn in an inappropriate embrace, and will run right to Bill, who tells her he is sorry, but he waited as long as he could and has taken up with Ivy, causing Brooke to start snapping her fingers again...........

• Love 10
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Sheryl (from the Talk)...do us all a favor and turn in your SAG card, ok?

She kept looking to the stage each time she walked out the door. It was like she was never in front of a camera before. Yeah, there is no need to sign her to a contract.

• Love 12
On 3/1/2017 at 10:16 AM, grisgris said:

Maybe Ridge needed to take a whiz while he was at it with answering his email?  My other thought was if you see a bathroom/powder room/en suite-whatever door closed wouldn't you knock first?

Brooke is GC (Golden Cooter) which doesn't need explanation!

I privately refer to Steffy as FGC (Fool's Gold C...)

Ridge is Rumple and I like to call him Sludge because of his messy clothes and greasy slimy appearance/demeanor. YMMV!  There are other names for him which surface from time to time.

Charlie first came on the show as a security guard. He was pretty good and semi-serious at first and seemed dedicated, if not a bit over-zealous in his approach to his job. I am not sure how the romance with Pam started. I think they discovered a mutual love of baking and cooking and it took off from there. (The writers were at least smart enough to observe that those two play off well against each other.) Since then, he's morphed (like Pam) into comic relief with the crazy costumes, ridiculous cooking metaphors and then the whole Medieval Times obsession. Seems like such a waste for two really talented actors with impressive credentials ... Maybe at this stage in their careers, they like having something lighthearted and probably fun to work on.

I just did a spit-take but it's a perfect nickname to go along with my christening her as Fauxdiloks.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

They use that because Brill has had no true romance, ever. They became close in Aspen, had some flirtation they tried to fight for six months, then fucked when Katie caught on about their emotional affair, and they barely even waited for her to get to her car to do so. Then Brooke got pregnant and Taylor outed it, because Taylor and Brill fizzled out until they decided to revisit this.

Joy. ?

Wow, when you put it as succinctly as that it really does become apparent that the 'epic' romance of Brill ain't all that!

3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Bill seemed so sad, almost like he has accepted there will be no Brooke and Bill. Maybe Bill should move on; that might open Brooke's eye's about her true feelings. Someone upthread suggested Bill/Ivy. Now that is a pairing I have never considered. Ivy comes off as sweet and innocent, but I think she has a wild side all the same. And they would certainly make a beautiful couple.

Bill has come off an intense marriage to Katie and rolled into a back/and/forth relationship with Brooke. He needs to not be looking for a new life partner and just out for sex, fun, adventure weekends in Bali or Fiji, and a woman able to roll with the punches but has her own life and so isn't at his beck and call. Her Steffy resemblance aside,  Ivy seems like a great fit for Bill at this time of his life and Ivy needs to be spoiled a bit. You have built in shade given she's been with both his sons and has a rivalry with Steffy.

The only problem is this show would try to make them into a real romance instead of friends with benefits like hey did with Eric and Quinn. Since the show changes story every 6 months or so anyway, why not try Bivy? She can help him scheme against Spectra since she does have fashion industry experience. And Ivy tried to be a bad girl before and failed, let her sit next to the master mustache twirler and learn a few tricks and have some fun.

• Love 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, grisgris said:

Hair question: What is a weave? I hear black women refer to weaves and white women wigs. What's the difference?  Whatever name it's going by, what Nicole's wearing isn't working. It's too far back on her head and the color doesn't agree with her skin tone or the color of clothing she was wearing today.

Brooke: Somebody has been reading here again, I swear. Her hair looked significantly better today and it is very obvious that she's had some kind of extensions put in. It looked great from the front, but from the back she still had it divided and pulled over her shoulders (when now there is no need to) and I could see pieces of shorter hair sticking out where it was separated from the extensions. The color is much much better. I thought she looked amazing today with her makeup and attire. A+.

In general, the hair department is almost always off the mark. I remember one day last week, Steffy and Sally both had unnecessary braids. I have a hate affair with most of Steffy's hairstyles, bad extensions, and overall hair looks. 

Nicole is wearing a bad wig. Her wig doesn't look like human hair. It looks synthetic. @tricknasty is right. A wig does have a cap attached to it, and it fits over the hair. Usually the hair is braided or wrapped. It's a quick and easy way when you don't feel like dealing with your hair.

Weaves or extensions are just ways to achieve the same results: more volume, length, protective styling of the real hair, or maybe a drastic change without having to cut your own hair. Weave/extensions take longer to do and last longer. For example, I have hair down my back, but if I wanted to wear a bob, I could get a sew-in and have the hair cut instead of cutting my real hair and having to wait to grow it back out. A weave allows that versatility. There are different methods of adding hair, and they last different amounts of time. There are braids, buns, crochet braiding, yarn, twists, faux locs, and the list goes on. Extensions or weave can be sewn in, and with proper care, they'll last anywhere from a few months to several months. It also helps your hair to grow because you aren't curling it, blowdrying it, or doing anything to it. If the hair is sewn in, the person's hair is braided, and a stylist uses a human hair thread to sew the tracks in to the braids. Some people get partial sew-ins to add length and others get full sew-ins which keeps all of the hair put up and away. Some people opt for some of their real hair to be left out so that they can part it and give the illusion of it growing out of their scalps. That's also where closures come into play. A closures is like a material that is the colour of the scalp, and it gives the person the ability to change the part. The type of extensions used depends on the person. There's Malaysian, Peruvian, and the list goes on. There are actually companies that offer a more kinky, coarse texture of hair that resembles Afro textured hair if the silky straight, curly, etc. looks aren't desired. Weave can also be glued in--directly on the hair (with the help of a liquid gel/protective substance) or glued to a stocking cap to protect the hair.  Those methods are referred to as quick weaves. Extensions can also be taped in, applied with microlinks, and even strand by strand. New methods are developed every day, so there is no excuse for Nicole to be married into an internationally known family and have that mess on her head!

Reign Edwards has beautiful hair, so I totally get her wanting to protect it. I would imagine that being on telly requires a lot of manipulation to the hair, so by all means, she should do something to make sure her own hair stays healthy. It's not advised for anybody to put heat in their hair every day or multiple times a day. It's just that Nicole's wig doesn't flatter her. The colour is off. It looks dry, has split ends, and it looks cheap. So yeah...that mess on her head? It needs to go. I love the comments on Twitter about that wig. (A quick search of #boldandbeautiful and the word "wig" reveals the thoughts of Twitterverse.)

Julian Bahch is KKL's colourist and hairstylist. He might be lurking and reading. Hey Juliannnnnn! We like the colour now, but I won't get too excited. I know you just redid colour before she went to Australia. Yesterday was on the money. I loved her outfit and make-up. I don't understand the straight hair. There are so many styles that can be framed to fit her face.

9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Sheryl (from the Talk)...do us all a favor and turn in your SAG card, ok?

Keep your day job, Sheryl. I'm all for you being a comedienne, being on The Talk, and even hearing you on morning shows, but ummm that "acting" was painful yesterday.

ETA: How is Nicole now working in marketing? What degree does she have? How is she even in a management position? What the what?

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 10

Looks like tricknasty and AussieBabe beat me to the punch on the hair thing. I remember laughing my ass off along with the rest of Black America when the rest of society discovered extensions about ten years ago.

Speaking of, I remember KKL had some put in around that same time that added some much needed volume but the shade of blonde didn't match her own hair. If she wants to keep the long hair, that would be a route I recommend.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Reign Edwards has beautiful hair, so I totally get her wanting to protect it. I would imagine that being on telly requires a lot of manipulation to the hair, so by all means, she should do something to make sure her own hair stays healthy. It's just that Nicole's wig doesn't flatter her. The colour is off. It looks dry, has split ends, and it looks cheap. That mess on her head? It needs to go. I love the comments on Twitter about that wig.

Keep your day job, Sheryl. I'm all for you being a comedienne, being on The Talk, and even hearing you on morning shows, but ummm that "acting" was painful yesterday.

ETA: How is Nicole now working in marketing? What degree does she have? How is she even in a management position? What the what?

When have we ever seen Nicole's hair in real life? I fear that how ever it is the damage may be done which is why she has that crap on her head. She's not on enough to worry about light damage and all of that. Totally agree about wondering how Nicole got her new job. That is just BS. Also, the whole RJ managing interns is crap. What does he know about interns or FC for that matter?

I can't stand that Sheryl and really do not want her on my soap. 

Hell to the no to Ivy and Bill. He's too old for her and she has already been with both of his sons. Enough of the incest, please! They should, however, hire a bunch of day players/beauties for him to go through and make Brooke realize what a fool she's being holding out for a destiny of heartbreak with Ridge.

Ridge and Quinn confuse me, too. I think their two wounded spirits have bonded or something weird like that.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Could Brooke be any more flirtatious and breathy with Bill and then wonder why he comes on to her all the time..!!

She has to make sure her crawling worm.. I mean "Stallion" is still on the hook.

So the first half of the week we get badass Bill, the second half we get wimpass Bill. I've got whiplash from this.

Speaking of whiplash, where's Whip?

• Love 7

Charlie is another character in the long line of B&B characters that need to eat shit and die. Charlie, the self proclaimed guardian of moral turpitude, wasn't this worked up when Rick shot up the office or Steffy frying Ivy with the electrical panel. Charlie would install a nanny cam, in the CEO office, if it was not for the partially open door's agent complaining about reduced airtime for his client.  Charlie is as useless as a fart in a phone booth. 

Aw!  Bill giving Brooke his sword and she cries through squinted eyes.  At least his sword is a lot prettier than that fuggly engagement ring he gave her. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Charlie is another character in the long line of B&B characters that need to eat shit and die. Charlie, the self proclaimed guardian of moral turpitude, wasn't this worked up when Rick shot up the office or Steffy frying Ivy with the electrical panel. Charlie would install a nanny cam, in the CEO office, if it was not for the partially open door's agent complaining about reduced airtime for his client.  Charlie is as useless as a fart in a phone booth. 

Aw!  Bill giving Brooke his sword and she cries through squinted eyes.  At least his sword is a lot prettier than that fuggly engagement ring he gave her. 

I thought it was so funny on yesterday's ep when Charlie told all the Forresters to get back to work (Rick Maya Zende and Nicole).  WTF, the security guy is bossing around the bosses?

So let's talk about the phallic symbolism of Bill giving Brooke his sword!  And her accepting it!  Wonder if she will wear it somewhere on her bod. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, politichick said:

They should, however, hire a bunch of day players/beauties for him to go through and make Brooke realize what a fool she's being holding out for a destiny of heartbreak with Ridge.

Ha! I'd take that, too. Anything to end Bill begging for Brooke's scraps. Sadly, I don't think the show has money for a cavalcade of beauties for Bill to date which is why I'm picking from the ladies currently on the show. Allison is destined to forever pine for Bill and never turn his head until she's moved on. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

If an extension or weave is sewn in and can last a few months, how do you shampoo your own hair?

Honestly, they shouldn't be kept in quite that long. I'm lucky to get a month out of mine since my hair grows so fast. With the tight curly pattern of our hair, washing more than twice a week would dry it out pretty quickly.

5 hours ago, politichick said:

Hell to the no to Ivy and Bill. He's too old for her and she has already been with both of his sons. Enough of the incest, please!

Meh, that didn't shop him shilling for Steffy for all these years. Besides,  neither son would be especially heartbroken if Ivy did move on to Bill...and in a world where Eric will likely complete the Logan quadfecta by summer's end and the DOA abomination that was Ridge and Bridget, I've learned to pick my battles.

Even if I did hatred the idea on its merit, I would still support it to break up the Brill whinefest. Enough with him begging for Brooke's sorry scraps....and enough with Brooke's waffle game. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

Anna, thanks for your reply but it didn't answer my question. How do you wash your own hair if you have this weave or extension is on top of your hair? If I don't shampoo my hair every 3-4 days ( and I have dry hair), it gets kind of greasy and my scalp starts to itch. I'm really curious about how this works and appreciate any knowledge you can give me. Thanks.

• Love 2

You honestly won't be able to wash your own hair if it's a full sew-in, since it's braided up. With extentions that have pieces sewn onto braids with one's own hair loose with the tracks, it's a bit easier but still sorta hard to dry the existing braids. It's kinda hard to explain in text, but I hope it helps.

• Love 2

I hate Charlie. He is an employee. Who is banging who is none of his freaking biz!

I love the old clips at the end of the shows. Hunter Tylo was gorgeous before she became a plastic surgery addict.

• Love 9

IKR? Yesterday's clips were great: Sheila, angry red-suit Brooke and pre-surgery Taylor!

I'd forgotten all about the SL where Taylor (after her latest return from the dead) was in that hideous (and unconvincing) disguise as the hospital volunteer, That was some pretty awful acting with that attempt at a British accent. /cringe! I think that she successfully (albeit unwittingly) created a brand new dialect that has yet to be assigned to a region!

Not much to say about yesterday's show. That melodramatic scene with Brooke and Bill on the roof of his SP building was silly at best.  What is she supposed to do with the sword necklace anyway? She certainly can't wear it as an accessory. I thought for a brief moment that he was going to grab her hand and pull them both over the edge. At least that would have been more entertaining! They would have landed on an awning or something and emerged unscathed.

I guess I'm one of the few viewers who doesn't mind Charlie. The very few times that he's been given a serious role he was excellent. I think he's trying to coney that he is a former old-school detective so he's skilled at reading subtle clues and more. Unfortunately, since 99% of the time the character is written as a buffoon, it's hard to take him seriously when the situation presents itself.  All I can say is if his insistence on clinging to that soiled napkin as "evidence" and it moves this SL along, this Quinn/Ridge debacle along, then by all means ... go for it!

Quinn is starting to get on my nerves. Yesterday she was flitting around like a nervous sparrow.  It was also one time where I thought that RS didn't look so great. That sleeveless outfit made her look gaunt and washed-out and worn out. (Maybe that was the intention.)  I'm going to borrow from Nike here and tell them: "Just do it!"

I know that we all complain about how most SLs have a the lifespan of a mayfly, but this Quinn/Ridge interlude is beginning to drag to the point where I'm starting to lose interest.  It's only the powerful performances of TK and RS that are keeping it alive.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I know that we all complain about how most SLs have a the lifespan of a mayfly, but this Quinn/Ridge interlude is beginning to drag to the point where I'm starting to lose interest.  It's only the powerful performances of TK and RS that are keeping it alive.

This story reminds me of the first srs bzns fanfic I ever wrote where the romantic leads involve go through one romantic situation after another and dance around the attraction. While my reviewers were far kinder than I deserved (partly cuz said ship was so maligned in fandom), one person wrote, and I quote, "The plotline in addition to being too insipid is too drawn out. Someone needs to actually do something." That's basically what I feel for Quinn/Ridge. If that someone is Charlie, I'll fucking take it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hunter Tylo was stunning back in the day. It makes you wonder what she saw in the mirror and said "I need work done!". I guess everyone sees themselves differently and aren't always happy. I don't recall the wig reveal though or the storyline. I've been watching since the beginning and I thought Taylor came back from the dead when she was living with or having been captured by some sheik and wearing long veils or something. LOL!!! I guess my mind is playing tricks on me. It's been 30 years so I guess I shouldn't expect to remember everything.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5

I wish there was a network that would show B&B from the very beginning.  I'd like to see all these actors when they first started this show.  

Will someone do the BIG reveal on the Ridge and Quinn "affair" in Australia?  I don't think Charlie is going, so it will have to be Ivy.  

I'm just not buying this lust between Ridge and Quinn.  She supposedly is madly in love with Eric, but she's got the hot pants for Ridge?  I don't think so.  And, the other day when Eric, Brooke, Quinn and Ridge were at the mansion, and everyone was dressed up to the nines, why didn't Ridge bother to put on a tie?  Must he always look like a messy bum?  Will he even bother to shower, wash his hair and wear a tie when he marries Brooke?  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I wish there was a network that would show B&B from the very beginning.  I'd like to see all these actors when they first started this show.  

The closest I've found is the German box sets of B&B on Blu-ray Disc. There was also a channel on YouTube who posted all of season one and a decent portion of season two before she got hit with copyright :(

• Love 3

I'm trying to remember when and why Taylor was wearing that wig and glasses. I know she had come back from the dead because Prince Omar had rescued her from a plane crash.  (The first time.) I thought that that time she hid out at her father's home and called Brooke and/or Stephanie to let them know she was alive and the three went back and forth about who should tell Ridge and when.

I remember Taylor was going around in that disguise because Ridge was in the hospital. I don't remember what happened to him but his eyes were heavily bandaged so she went in to visit him decked out as a "hospital volunteer." She talked to him and read to him in a *cough* British accent. Actually, I am glad that RM was confined to bed because if he were more mobile and vocal, I can't imagine how terrible the scenes would have been.

Anyway, I can't seem to connect the dots between the two series of events.

Anna? Anybody?

• Love 1

It's only a matter of time before their "affair" is revealed. We have Ivy who saw it; Charlie is piecing it together, and I'm sure Katie will see something, too. Remember she was standing there recording Liam and Quinn talking outside of the house. I bet POD (Partially Open Door) will make another appearance. POD was there on Friday when Charlie was looking in, so it only stands to reason that Katie will overhear or see something while standing outside the door. How stupid are they to be practically pawing at each other at the office?

I don't get this Quinn and Ridge thing and why both of them are willing to tank their relationships. Why couldn't they just find a way to peacefully coexist and call it a day? Poor Eric. He nearly lost his whole family going to bat for Quinn, and she can't stay away from his son. I was a little bit thrown off when she implied that Ridge would be a better fit because he's closer to her age. Now, you didn't care for 6+ months that Eric was older than you. In fact, she has mentioned that it was the best relationship she had ever been in. Now, suddenly she's commenting about the age difference? Why didn't TPTB just pair Ridge and Quinn in the first place? It wasn't like he was married. His marriage to Caroline ended before the first anniversary. It would've been explosive because she would've been Steffy's stepmother and her MIL at the same time, and I'm 150% sure it would've caused issues between Steffy and Ridge. Bell loves that freaky stuff, so Steffy being married to her stepbrother would've been up his alley. I hope they wrap this storyline up sooner rather than later. It's dragging on and on. We all know the inevitable outcome. I'd bet money that they're going to sleep together, and since we haven't had any pregnancy stories in 2017, yet, maybe she'll even get pregnant. We all know Bell loves WTD storylines and let's face it...nobody else on the canvas is in a triangle these days. It seems like only one couple is allowed to be happy: Rick and Maya. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I'm trying to remember when and why Taylor was wearing that wig and glasses. I know she had come back from the dead because Prince Omar had rescued her from a plane crash.  (The first time.) I thought that that time she hid out at her father's home and called Brooke and/or Stephanie to let them know she was alive and the three went back and forth about who should tell Ridge and when.

I remember Taylor was going around in that disguise because Ridge was in the hospital. I don't remember what happened to him but his eyes were heavily bandaged so she went in to visit him decked out as a "hospital volunteer." She talked to him and read to him in a *cough* British accent. Actually, I am glad that RM was confined to bed because if he were more mobile and vocal, I can't imagine how terrible the scenes would have been.

Anyway, I can't seem to connect the dots between the two series of events.

Anna? Anybody?

God, I wish I could help on this one...that was a few years before I started watching and I haven't been able to piece it together that well myself from YouTube. Maybe @AndySmith can, as he posts in the retro thread more often than I do? ;)

37 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I don't get this Quinn and Ridge thing and why both of them are willing to tank their relationships. Why couldn't they just find a way to peacefully coexist and call it a day? P

I don't get it, either. Whether Ridge kissed her once or they have a weekend- long sex marathon, Eric will forgive him in three months anyway and favor him over his other children. Zzzzzzzz. Get on with it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here is the brief-ish version from her charter profile at soapcentral:

Taylor left on a business trip to the Middle East and confessed making love to James in a letter she left for Ridge, which Stephanie intercepted. The Forresters had a funeral for Taylor when her plane crashed and her charred belongings were found in the wreckage, but Taylor had stepped off the plane during a layover and been mugged in the airport bathroom, which left her with no memory. Taylor woke up in the palace of Prince Omar Rashid of Morocco, who had nursed Taylor back to health, and she allowed Omar to call her "Laila." But when "Laila" found a file on her amassed by Omar's assistant, Moustafa, Taylor's memory came flooding back. Taylor rushed to call Ridge but the phone line was cut by Omar, who wanted to make "Laila" his princess.

Taylor wouldn't believe that Ridge had moved on with Brooke, so Omar conspired to quietly commandeer their honeymoon boat to bring them to Morocco. Taylor was horrified when Omar locked her in a soundproof room with a one-way mirror and forced her to watch how happy Ridge was with Brooke. Defeated, Taylor agreed to marry Omar, but refused a sexual relationship, instead working with the orphans of his country. Taylor sent James away after he saw "Laila's" wedding photo in the paper and tracked her down. But as soon as Taylor received news that Jack had suffered a heart attack, she begged Omar to let her go to Los Angeles to see him. While there, Taylor saw that Ridge had been blinded in an explosion, so she hired a beautician, Gladys Pope, to radically alter her look, then cared for the sightless Ridge as a British "volunteer."

Eventually, Taylor revealed herself to a horrified Brooke, then to a stunned Ridge once his sight returned. But Taylor was shunned by Ridge and Stephanie when Omar showed up and announced he'd made Taylor his wife. A judge declared that Taylor was still legally married to Ridge, who went back to Brooke; afterwards, Taylor entertained a romance with Eric, but declined out of respect for Stephanie. Taylor was on hand to counsel young Bridget when it was revealed that Eric was her father after all, and Taylor surmised a diagnosis of "brief reactive psychosis" when Brooke wandered off to Barbados in a fugue state.

It should be noted that before Taylor revealed herself to Ridge, Stephanie also found out that Taylor was alive. She did not want Taylor to tell Ridge, though, and wanted Taylor to go back to Omar, for, reasons.

Also, here are the scenes of Brooke, Stephanie, and Ridge all finding out Taylor was alive.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Also, if you are wondering about the explosion that caused Ridge's blindness, here it is in all of it's cheesy glory.

OMG, that was so bad! ? So many stupid things in one, two minute clip....Ridge touching a thousand degree machine bare handed, then taking off his goggles before calling Brooke from INSIDE the lab! I'm sure any chemist watching that was screaming on the inside!

• Love 4

He also called Mike the security guard. Remember him? Mike was probably up in the executive suite either hitting on Sheila or cooking up some scheme with her. By the time he would have made it to the lab the whole building would be on fire.

Idiot Ridge should have left the lab immediately and called 911.  Also, why did Brooke leave the lab unattended with specimens processing -- especially at a high temperature? (I know that the machine had malfunctioned, but still ...)

Yep! Contrived idiocy at its best!

• Love 3
(edited)

What I want to know is what man talks this much about, and works this hard to:

a. Get his wife alone with another man

b. Wanting his wife to have commonalities with another man

c. Wanting his wife to be friends with another man

d. How his wife's overnight trip with another man has changed their relationship

I don't care if it is your son, your brother, your dad, your uncle, your BFF, or whoever, Eric going on and on about Ridge and Quinn's budding relationship is starting to give me the sticky icks. And I don't really see any similarities with this situation and Brooke/Eric/Ridge, outside of the fact that Brooke was married to Eric. The situations are entirely different. Brooke was with Ridge first and Eric fell for her. There was also Taylor and Stephanie, and in the beginning Caroline. And Ridge's "relationship" with Quinn is nothing like his was with Brooke, or anyone else for that matter. That is what I like so much about this. Ridge has never been in this position. I really believe his dislike of Quinn is the only thing holding him back from his lust for her. He doesn't understand how he can want someone he dislikes so much. I also believe that he feels if he did give in and went there with Quinn, there would be no turning back. He knows he would be sucked into something he couldn't control, and wouldn't know how to handle. Thorsten is really shining in this SL; I could never see RM being able to pull off the complexity. Quinn makes me sad a little. The way she pushes Ridge away, at the same time she tries to keep him near. I think it is more than her being drawn to danger, and also has to do with wanting to be wanted. Like a thirsty man would guzzle down a gallon of water; Quinn wants all the love and desire from everyone, because it makes her believe that she is worthy of living a normal life. Fuck parents who screw with their young kids minds.

Charlie saw footage of Quinn with Liam while Liam was missing, but he didn't think much of that. He wasn't overly concerned when Rick Fell Down in the office and started shooting the place up. Or when Wyatt pulled his little stunt with the HFTF Diamond. But he see's Quinn cleaning Ridge's mouth and finds a lipstick stained napkin, and he is acting like he was told he has six months to live. The fact that he is kinda right doesn't factor in because it is none of his biswacks. He is not a Forrester, or a Logan or a Spencer or a Fuller.

This is the same thing Brooke did with Nick after she went back to Ridge; kept coming around just to remind Nick that he was still in love with her. I mean come on "Still, I-I didn't know if I should come by, I mean, after the other day in the office", then why did you? Brooke could have called Bill, or texted him, and had the balloon sent by messenger. How about "I haven't forgotten anything. Your birthday or anything else that we shared. Also how much you care about me. That means a lot, too." Salt, alcohol, vinegar; doesn't matter, they all sting the same when rubbed into an open wound. And "Well, you sure you don't want anything else?" The fuck? That's right; break the mans heart by reminding him how much he loves you, then cause him to have visions of the Golden Cooter, the place men check in, but never check out. This behavior bothered me so much more with Nick because it involved Bridget, all the same, this wimped out Bill and passive/aggressive Brooke shit is starting to pluck my last nerve.

The thirty year anniversary clips have been great!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13

As a viewer of only three years, I'm really enjoying the clips, too - and the fact that they identify who is on screen.

I've always wanted to see TK and RS together - both are soap vets from a long time ago, and both are good actors.  They look good together.

I love Bill when he is being all macho and in takeover mode.  This mewling man pining for Brooke does nothing for me.

• Love 4

How can Brooke be this old, this accomplished (in the past), have some moxie (in the past) and now be so stupid and clueless? I am so bored with her character that I want her to take a very, very long vacation. Obviously, she's just in this for the money because this show isn't adding a thing to her acting resume. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Gam2 said:

How can Brooke be this old, this accomplished (in the past), have some moxie (in the past) and now be so stupid and clueless?

You pretty much summed up all that is wrong with the 2017 version of Brooke Logan.  I loved the scrappy college student/part-time cater waiter from the valley who had big dreams and a crush on Ridge Forrester.  I cheered for the young woman who stood up to big mean Stephanie Forrester.  I adored the chemist who discovered Belief.  I admired the CEO of Forrester Creations.  I have no use for this fiftysomething woman who walks around talking about her destiny.

• Love 11
(edited)

Recap for Fri. 3/3/17:

We open with Quinn and Ridge in the CEO's office...or co-CEOs' office. Whatever. I don't care.

Quinn promises Ridge that they will not kiss ever, ever, ever again. 

Can I get a show of hands from those who believe her?

Oh...no one then?

Ridge reminds her that "Getting stuck in that powder room was an accident." Okay...so why the need to kiss?

Quinn: "But that kiss wasn't." (Ding ding ding!) "It was reckless and impulsive. What if Ivy had been outside the door? (What difference should that have made? After all, character is who you are when NO ONE is looking). We got her to believe that that other kiss meant nothing, but she's gonna be watching us." She's already been watching you for a while now and I wish she would out your cheating asses. We can't take any more chances. "Thank God no one else knows what's been going on." Um, Ivy knows almost everything...and now Charlie is onto you. When Charlie is onto you, that's pretty serious.

Speaking of Inspector Webber (did you know that's Charlie's last name?): "I was standing right there, Pammy. I saw the whole thing. Quinn wiped Ridge's mouth with this napkin. We know that. This napkin has lipstick on it. The question is, was the lipstick there before she wiped his mouth or not?!"

Pam: "It had to have been." So she'd rather believe Ridge allowed a used napkin to touch his face? Well, he is Rumple, after all, so not exactly a stretch.

Charlie: "Oh, you think?"

Pam: "Yes! Because I don't want to think what you're thinking, Charlie. Ridge and Quinn having an affair? No. No! Ridge would never betray Brooke like that. And Quinn says she love Eric. She wouldn't get involved with his son!" Ridge wouldn't betray Brooke like that?

post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now

Over at SP, Brooke asks Bill if he likes his gift. 

Bill: "You kidding me? You got me a hot air balloon that represents our very special time in Aspen. And cash represents, uh, me. It's perfect." LOL. But seriously, Brooke, what are you trying to do here? It's really sort of cruel that she would remind them of when they first started falling in love and all the while she's planning on marrying Ridge. Set him free, why don't you babe?

Brooke: "I had to do something. I couldn't just let the day go by." Sure you could have. It's beyond obvious that she's in love with Bill and only marrying Ridge out of obligation. I guess I can kind of sort of see why he keeps hanging in there, although I wish he would tell her to get out, get out of his life, and go to hell while he's still got some shred of dignity left.

Bill: "There's nobody else I'd rather be spending it with." The entire opposite of telling her to "go to hell."

He teases her about the cash burning a hole in his pocket and who knows what might happen? I think we all know that exactly nothing is going to happen. 

He does admit that he's glad she came by: "Means a lot. You obviously lost your senses agreeing to marry Forrester, but I'm glad to see that at least your memory's intact."

Brooke: "I haven't forgotten anything. Your birthday or anything else that we shared. Also, how much you care about me. That means a lot, too." Just keep twisty the knife, Brooke. It appears Bill is a masochist when I would have thought he'd be more S than M.

Quinn is getting all twitchy and babbling on about she and Ridge still needing to work together and they're going to focus on work and how she hasn't had nearly enough coffee and isn't sleeping and blahblahblahblah. 

Ridge: giphy.gif

He insists no one knows about them. Silly Ridge...andplusalso, IVY!

Pam thinks Charlie has gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs and he counters that they could be up to something right now, what with being alone in Ridge's office and everything. Pam thinks he's been reading too many mystery novels. 

Eric walks down the hall and Charlie is quick to ask how he's doing.

Eric: "I'm on my way home. I thought I'd stop in, see my wife. Do you know where she is?" Where she always is - with Ridge.

Charlie: "Why? Do you think she's stuck in the bathroom with Ridge again?" He's just so subtle, that Charlie.

Eric just laughs, "Well, that's not likely, is it? Not with you around." And besides, they don't need a bathroom when they can just kiss right on your very estate.

Then Eric utters this little gem: "That stuck powder room door may not have been such a bad thing. You know, every time Quinn and Ridge are forced to spend time together, they end up getting along better."

zEYQhBL.jpg

Charlie, baiting, "So you noticed it, too?"

Pam: "Just how well they're getting along at work, it's really amazing."

Eric: "I'm not really that surprised. They're both dedicated professionals and talented designers. They have a lot more in common than I think anybody knows." Including you.

Brooke and Bill discuss the plan for some evening festivities with Liam and Steffy with Brooke teasing Bill about how tasty a vegan birthday cake can be. I'm sure it'll be a thrill a minute with Waffles and Fauxdiloks.

She asks him if he wants anything else and now, I'm squinty-eyeing Brooke right now.

He tells her that he already got his present but does tell her there's something she can do for him.

Bill: "Come with me."

Brooke: "Right now?"

Bill: "Right now."

Brooke: "Where?"

Bill: "You'll see."

Any bets on whether she'll come with him? Okay, okay, put your hands down.

Because Lord knows we can't go too long without a mention, Eric just has to have a lemon bar. 

He reaches for a napkin and of course, it just happens to be the self-same napkin with the naughty shade of red lipstick smeared on it. 

He laughs and remarks that he's not against a little office intrigue, especially around here. Um, why wouldn't you want folks to cut out any hanky-panky and be adult professionals and just do their damn jobs?

He tells them Quinn's not expecting him yet as he finished his golf game with Julius early.

Quinn once again trots out the "I don't want to be that Quinn anymore" sack of crap that no one is buying, except, maybe, Eric.

Ridge: "I don't want that, either. I've had enough chaos in my life. But, you know, there was a time when I thrived on it." Oh, I think he still does thrive on it.

Quinn tells him she's heard the stories about him, including him cheating with Alex the night before his wedding to Caroline I.

Ridge: "Are you afraid it's gonna happen to you?" She's afraid it's not going to happen.

Quinn: "No. I don't want to sleep with you, Ridge." Liar, liar, panties on fire.

Ridge: "You don't? Of course you don't." Of course she does.

Quinn: "Of course I don't. And neither do you." Yes, they both want this and are fooling exactly no one. They are the epitome of Blue Oyster Cult's "Burnin' for You" and giving the devil his due and all that. "That's not what this is about. I mean,  if anything, we're attracted to the danger, nothing else." Moths to the flame...regardless of whether they get burned alive and burn others right along with them.

Ridge: "Just to be clear, part of me still hates you." Hates that she has gotten under his skin in a way no other woman has.

Quinn: "I know the feeling. You could ruin my life if you wanted to."

Ridge: "Not without ruining my own life." Don't they understand they're already down that path?

Quinn: "That's what's so crazy about all this. And that's why I'm so happy that we can be honest with each other." Oh, well isn't that special? Meanwhile, they're lying to everyone else, most especially their significant others.

Ridge: "Makes me happy, too. Maybe we'll try something else. Maybe we'll try being friends." Friends with Benefits, maybe.

Quinn: "Friends?"

Ridge: "You know the concept. You call someone when they're in need" of their itch getting scratched?

Quinn: "Vaguely. I vaguely know friends. Yeah, we could be friends. Shake on it." And their hands are still touching when Eric walks in and asks what's going on.

Quinn-Ride-shake-BB-HW.jpg

Outside the office, Pam is hissing to Charlie about throwing the napkin away and he insists it's "evidence."

She holds firm to her belief that Ridge wouldn't just throw away the trust he and Eric have rebuilt and how if Charlie is right, how horrifying that would be and how it would rock the entire family? Eh - this family? They'd build a Bridge and get over it.

Charlie says he just doesn't want Eric to get hurt: "I mean, he's the nicest guy ever. I mean, even nicer than me. And he's so proud of Ridge and Quinn being, you know, all getting along, but, you know, sometimes there are none so blind as those who will not see." Amen.

Ridge and Quinn cover by telling Eric they've just shook on an agreement they've made to do what's best for the company and for the family and "leave the past in the past." Until they're alone together again. And didn't they already make said agreement a few weeks ago. But Eric continuing to plays the part of biggest, clueless cuckold ever.

Eric: "I trust the two of you to lead this company into the future for many years."

Quinn: "You can trust us, Eric."

Eric: "I'm very impressed, you know, with how you've been able to put your differences aside, decide to work together. I didn't think you'd be able to turn it around this fast."

Ridge: "It's hard to ignore what's right in front of you."

Quinn: "Hard as we tried."

Ridge: "And it's better this way."

Eric: "I'm glad you see that. Ridge, I told you before. I can't wait for you to see the same things in my wife that I do." Oh he's seen the "things" and then some, Eric.

Brooke and Bill are outside somewhere, on a mountaintop. They can see all the lights of LA shimmering in the distance. 

She asks what they are doing there and Bill tells her, "Just look."

She does, gasping, and saying, "It's beautiful."

Bill: "Awe-inspiring. All of Los Angeles spread out below us. This is my accomplishment. There was a point in my life where this building and everything it represents -- wealth, power -- it was my greatest achievement. And it meant everything to me. Until you." They share a meaningful look and seriously, Brooke, why don't you just chuck Rumple and go after the man you were meant to be with?

Having popped in to see his wife and son for a moment, Eric decides he's going to go home and work on some designs.

Eric: "Don't stay too late. This is exactly why I sent you to San Francisco. It's a real joy to see the two of you working together." Define "working," Eric.

Pam and Charlie are trying to eavesdrop on the CCD (Completely Closed Door).

When Eric comes out of the office, he thanks Charlie again for fixing the door to the powder room.

Eric: "Ridge and Quinn can be the last people ever to get trapped in that room." Oh, I'm sure they'll be "trapped" somewhere else sometime soon.

He exits and Pam can see Charlie is visibly upset.

Pam: "Look, I know you mean well that you're looking out for Eric, but just think about this for one minute. Why would Ridge kiss Quinn?(Why does Ridge do anything? Because he can. The consequences be damned). It doesn't make any sense. His father would never speak to him again. That would be the end of their relationship. And Ridge would lose his place in this family and in the company. Not to mention the fact he loves Brooke! They're about to get married in Australia!" That wedding is never, ever, ever going to happen. And so Charlie (and it pains me to defend this chucklefuck) should just hand-wave everything away and let wronged, betrayed parties remain in the dark? I don't think so. I'd rather the truth came from Ivy but she's holding her tongue at the moment.

Pam insists Ridge wouldn't, couldn't do that. He would and he could. So he did.

Quinn is back to fanning the flames again. 

Quinn: "We are playing with fire. It has to stop." Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Ridge: "It has stopped." That's not what your fuck-me eyes are saying right now.

Quinn: "We've said that before!"

Ridge: "It's different now. We're friends." Riiight.

Then, in the horse has left the barn statement of the year, Quinn tells him, "I don't want to have an affair."

You already are - kissing is a physical affair in my book and for those whom it isn't, it's at least an emotional affair.

Ridge says he doesn't want that either - again, it's already an affair.

Quinn: "I always do this. I make something amazing, and then I find a way to knock it down and stomp it to pieces." Instead of canoodling with Ridge, maybe you should examine the "why" of that, Quinn. Get yourself to a therapist, STAT!, and not Dr. Taylor Quack.

Ridge: "There is a thrill in that, isn't there?" Stop egging her on!

Quinn: "No. It's destructive. We're acting like teenagers. It's ridiculous. It's beyond ridiculous. (I agree). We're adults. We need to work together. We can't-"

Ridge tries frantically to calm her down and tells her there's "nothing to worry about anymore."

Quinn: "You don't feel anything?" Always fishing.

giphy.gif

Ridge: "Uh uh." I cannot roll my eyes hard enough.

Quinn: "Good."

Ridge: "No, that's not true." Well, at least he admits it. "I love Brooke, and I feel awful about what we're doing to my dad behind his back." Dammit. No, he doesn't or he wouldn't have started this with the stare at stepmommy in the outdoor shower stunt. "This can't happen again." We all know it's just a matter of time before it does.

Ridge: "And no one will ever know." Ivy already knows, you dolt, and clueless wonder Charlie is becoming wise to your shenanigans. Again, the old adage that two people can keep a secret when one of them is dead seems applicable here.

Bill is looking out at the city, then looks back at Brooke.

Bill: "I built this empire for myself and, as it turned out, for my children. This is my legacy. But it's not my life, not anymore. I used to come up here, top of the mountain, and I would reflect on everything I strived for and everything that I achieved. And I thought I had it all. I've always reached for the stars. But this will be my greatest reach. I'm going to give you something. Just tuck it away. But I want you to have it. I don't want it anymore."

He takes off his sword necklace.

Brooke protests, "No! Don't take it off."

Bill, holding the necklace in his hand: "This sword... this sword represents me, my power. You'll need that if you're going to restart a life with Forrester."

Brooke, tears in her eyes: "You don't have to do this."

Bill: "This necklace is an extension of who I am. Never give up. Never give in. Fight the good fight and be the last man standing. Be the very best that I could be. Well, I was at my best when I was with you. (I wholeheartedly agree - and vice versa). I have my sons, I have my work, I have my company, and I'm proud of them. But without you, I won't have achieved my highest goal. So every day I will look in the mirror. This will be gone, and it will be a reminder of the thing I love most in the world... and couldn't have."

In the CEO office, Ridge sits next to Quinn on the couch. Charlie peeks through the POD.

Bill: "This necklace has been my talisman, and there's power in it. And that's why I want you to have it. Please take it, Brooke."

He places the necklace into her hand and kisses it. 

Brooke is crying now and it's so damn obvious whom she should be with (and yes, I'm a sap when it comes to Brill) and whispers his name.

Bill: "I will love you forever and a day." Cue up Bon Jovi's "Always":

edcebadfc28dce1167476a1250759844.jpg

Because you know Bill listens to JBJ when no one else is watching.

Brill.jpg

Edited by CountryGirl
Because my knowledge of 70s bands is better than that.
  • Love 8

I'm still trying to figure out why I liked the CaRidge story and hate this crap with Ridge and Quinn. 

And on a side note, the anniversary clip for Friday didn't do current Brooke any favors.  What happened to that spitfire? 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I'm still trying to figure out why I liked the CaRidge story and hate this crap with Ridge and Quinn. 

Ridge wasn't an entirely spiteful shit towards Caroline before they got together. That helped. 

He also hadn't spent the better part of six months moralizing about ousting her "for the good of my own power struggle the family" either.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, tessaray said:

And on a side note, the anniversary clip for Friday didn't do current Brooke any favors.  What happened to that spitfire? 

For me TK and LG had great chemistry and there was the odds stacked against them (age difference, forbidden romance aspect of it). And it was believable that while Caroline was happy with Rick, she as a designer had a bond with Ridge (an influence and hero) who was also a designer. And Ridge needed her in a way Rick didn't - to help him regain the confidence to design again, be his muse, pull him out of his depression,and give him a reason to get up in the morning.

Also Rick revealed himself to still be easily manipulated by Maya and have a really dark jealous streak that could be lethally violent. Ridge can be a dick (as seen by the Douglas/Thomas situation) but he hasn't pulled a gun on anyone.

The weird thing with Quidge is that Ridge and Quinn don't seem to fulfill a need or want that the other desires. This thing with Quinn actually does seem to reinforce what Rick and Eric say about him how he just takes what he wants, when he wants on a whim even from his own family without considering the emotional damage. Caroline suddenly looks like another notch on his belt.

As for Quinn, Ridge offers nothing more or better or different than what Eric offers her so I can only believe her motivation is that she really is her own worst enemy in self-sabotaging her relationship with Eric because she still doesn't believe she deserves his unconditional love so she's testing herself/proving that she doesn't by getting involved with Ridge. There may be some subconscious reasoning to take Ridge down with her because it'll prove he isn't a good son and she's getting back at him for tempting her by making sure he gets blame for the situation as well. Maybe?

At the very least they look like an attractive couple, but it really doesn't make sense character wise for them to do this. Maybe what comes out of this is Brooke is well and truly done with Ridge and we get Brill full hog with Brooke now a mortal enemy of Quinn's.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I hated them at first but between the smoking hot chemistry between LG and TK and the fact that Rick turned into an insufferable, cheating ass himself made me climb aboard the CaRidge train. 

I do see *some* chemistry with TK and RS (mostly because RS could have chemistry with a rock), but it's not enough to make me root against one of the best, organic couples I've seen on this show in Queric. 

Red Power Suit Brooke has a bone (or five) to pick with Today's Brooke.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Quinn: "Of course I don't. And neither do you." Yes, they both want this and are fooling exactly no one. They are the epitome of ELO's "Burnin' for You" and giving the devil his due and all that. 

Not to be a pain in the ass, but that's Blue Oyster Cult :)

I said the Spectra would make me give up this show, and that's exactly what's happening, I just came here to read the comments that never fail to make me laugh.  Maybe if the below exchange would have gone with my replacements in bold, it could bring me back :)

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

"I was standing right there, Pammy. I saw the whole thing. Quinn wiped Ridge's mouth with this napkin. We know that. This napkin has lipstick on it. The question is, was the lipstick there before she wiped his mouth or not?!"

Pam: "It had to have been." 

Charlie: "Oh, you think?"

Pam: "No!  I don't want to think what you're thinking, Charlie. Ridge wearing lipstick? No. No! Ridge would never wear lipstick!  And even if he did, he wouldn't choose that tacky shade!"

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7

Was the old clip of Eric proposing to Sally a fantasy sequence?

Ugh, I didn't need to see a clip of Amber with her big ol' mouth open, shrieking like a banshee!

Knock-off houses generally don't steal fashion designs. They copy (knock-off) hot designs, use cheaper fabric, and get them out on the market fast. Unoriginal but perfectly legal since fashion designs aren't copyrightable.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not to be a pain in the ass, but that's Blue Oyster Cult :)

I said the Spectra would make me give up this show, and that's exactly what's happening, I just came here to read the comments that never fail to make me laugh.  Maybe if the below exchange would have gone with my replacements in bold, it could bring me back :)

You are never a PITA...and OMG, you can tell it's Monday because 70s band names (along with a ton of other pop culture useless knowledge) is usually one of my specialties. ;-P

3 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Was the old clip of Eric proposing to Sally a fantasy sequence?

Ugh, I didn't need to see a clip of Amber with her big ol' mouth open, shrieking like a banshee!

Knock-off houses generally don't steal fashion designs. They copy (knock-off) hot designs, use cheaper fabric, and get them out on the market fast. Unoriginal but perfectly legal since fashion designs aren't copyrightable.

How Scamber (or Scrunchy) and her caterwauling made the 30th anniversary clips cut, I will never know. Just so long as they don't have a later clip of her and her skeevy twin sister...

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Exactly.  What Sally I did several times was steal the designs and get them out on the runway before Forrester had a show.  I'm assuming, from reading the comments, that's what Sally II's grandma wants to do, so in that way a "stealing designs" storyline would make sense.

13 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

You are never a PITA.

awwww thanks :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Pam: "No!  I don't want to think what you're thinking, Charlie. Ridge wearing lipstick? No. No! Ridge would never wear lipstick!  And even if he did, he wouldn't choose that tacky shade!"

::Dead::

I do like the time capsule clips. Man, do they take me back. The one of Sally falling into the pool was great if only because it showed Stephanie's nimble feet. Woman could move!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Exactly.  What Sally I did several times was steal the designs and get them out on the runway before Forrester had a show.  I'm assuming, from reading the comments, that's what Sally II's grandma wants to do, so in that way a "stealing designs" storyline would make sense.

I was referring to knock-off houses copying the designs after they are made public. Old Sally used to literally steal designs, IIRC.

• Love 2